The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


buddies

"May I suggest we pair up for our trip through the next room. Perhaps a buddy will help keep us from falling victem to our desires. Perhaps those of differant classes so as to make the most of the assistance?"


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 16:16:23.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

"Another good idea and I suggest that the paladins and clerics and those of strong will teaming up with others." Rayne offers and then continues. suggest Cynil.

"Those should make the best possible pairs. If one is left then make one group of three. If we see anyone wavering in the direction of the sword we should be ready to react quickly to prevent that." This may be a case of knowing truth from fiction, what is real and what is not." Cynil adds


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 18:37:07.
Edited on 2010-10-09 at 21:12:13 by Brianna

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Sorry Tann, I'll be good from now on...

Conall furrowed his brow, the door before the group posing much more of a problem than he had initially believed it could. It seemed like this door was warded with a recurring enchantment so that whenever it was dispelled, there would be a contingency to re-cast the spell. Or perhaps this time, a different spell was cast protecting the door. He still didn't know what those sigils meant on the door, he had hoped someone more well versed in the arcane would have looked at them, but perhaps the others hadn't heard him.

"The idea of going through the room in two's is a good idea, to be sure. However, the one small issue with the plan is that it first requires us to get through this door, which is a problem it seems we have met with no adequate solution. Now, can anybody read the sigils that are around the door? They may provide a clue to getting through here that we haven't looked at yet. Every door has a way to open it, and this one is no different. I get a sensation that something is amiss here, even though I detect no evil. But that doesn't mean we should let our guard down, as Ulthok proved to us."

Conall considered the door again, believing that the sigils which glowed held the key to disabling the protective magic, and hopefully someone would interpret them this time. Conall instead turned his head and began to look around the room they were currently in, checking for any kind of trigger, or switch that might open the door, or any other interesting items.


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 20:39:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


more than the sword

"Tis not only the sword that may tempt us but other items each specific to our chosen profession. And of course a thief may find anything in there interesting. No offense intended Ulthok, I just speak the truth."

Cor took a look at the sigals around the door to see if anything looked familiar.


Posted on 2010-10-09 at 21:10:06.
Edited on 2010-10-09 at 23:32:47 by Keeper of Dragons

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1226 Posts


Siréne

The she elf nodded in agreement with all. It seemed likely that the sword Alastair had seen was in fact the very sword they sought. Regardless of if it was the case or not traps would be laid to seize all of their minds. What temptations would lay within were certainly unknown but preparation and cooperation would be key.

Siréne had not travelled long with this group. Of them all she only truly felt she knew Alastair and that had been until his memories returned to him. She was certain he would stand by his lady's side and she would not disagree with that. Still that left her to choose a partner from among near strangers. Her eyes traced the room until they fell on Ulthok.

Moving to the halfling's side Siréne offered her hand and spoke,"It might be that our arcane skills are too near to one another. Still I am a master of the magics of the mind and my elven blood gives me resistance to them. You placed your trust in me once before, let us join in trust once again."


Posted on 2010-10-10 at 23:33:57.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Red rover, Red rover

Maggot looked at the door, “Such beauty after so many others that fell short. This is the end of our path.” Maggot turned and looked at Alasdair, “Well that is my thought process on this matter.” Maggot then looked back at the door, “If we are to pass through this room then yes a pairing of party members would be wise. If at the very least a warning could be called out if one gives in to the temptations of the room.” Maggot then closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. ‘The only thing I desire would kill me.’ The old man then opens his eyes, “Well we know what we are going to do when we get in, the question is still how are we going to get in?”


Posted on 2010-10-11 at 02:41:57.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair's Hope

"To that regard I have only one suggestion left. Unless our magic specialists have another idea or determine something from the runes of course. Since my psionic clairvoyance pierced the wards of the room when magic could not, perhaps my powers could help us enter. One of the talents I studied allows me to agitate material. If I focus hard enough I may be able to cause the door itself to break down. If I can do that, the magic may not have any physical item left to cling to and may disapate. I could also use my powers to try to pummel the door with psychic force, but that seems a bit brutish to me. If I am to try either option I would suggest everyone step away from the door just in case there is some sort of backlash. Unless we can discern any other details from our examinations, this is the only option I've been able to come up with. If anyone else has more suggestions or any objections to mine feel free to give them a voice."

The paladin looks around the group expectantly.

(OOC: If we don't come up with a feasible way to gain entry by the examination of the runes and such, and there are no objections I would like to use my Molecular Agitation power, focusing on the door long enough to hopefully destroy it. Failing that, I can also try Project Force.)


Posted on 2010-10-11 at 03:37:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Hmmmm Psionics Hmmmmm LOL :)

A vision of the room beyond the door thought to be a trap, a sword calling to a holy warrior thought to be the evil one sought, and the idea of walking in pairs decided. All that remained for the party to undertake it seemed, was to gain access past the magically bared door before them. Conall�s previous words seemingly having been overlooked the first time, he tried once again to gain the parties attention. �The idea of going through the room in two's is a good idea, to be sure. However, the one small issue with the plan is that it first requires us to get through this door, which is a problem it seems we have met with no adequate solution. Now, can anybody read the sigils that are around the door? They may provide a clue to getting through here that we haven't looked at yet. Every door has a way to open it, and this one is no different. I get a sensation that something is amiss here, even though I detect no evil. But that doesn't mean we should let our guard down, as Ulthok proved to us." A closer examination of the door�s sigils brought for all but one a measure of failure as the runes laid upon this door were clearly quite old in nature. However Maggot did seem to get the feeling that alone, Dispel Magic spells, would be in vain as the level of magic was much higher then any one party mage, thus they would fail. For the moment the party still found itself outside the room, talking more then taking action.....

 

(DM OOC: Ok short post but all ya did was look . Steelight I did not add anything concerning your Psionic idea in this post as you clearly stated in your OOC that you were waiting for party reaction so I wanted to give them a chance to respond. Ok good posting and Rping everyone please keep it up as I enjoy the reading. Next post next Sunday as norm.) 

ANIMAL

ANIMAL

 

 

 

 



Posted on 2010-10-11 at 05:50:13.
Edited on 2018-03-04 at 22:00:19 by TannTalas

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


What is this I see?

As Alasdair gave his suggestion of using psychic force Maggot caught something from the door, an image jumped out at him. Not that something jumped from the door but his mind saw something that made him remember or thought he remembered. “Hold on,” he looked closer at the scratchings, then he stepped back so he could see the whole of the door. “Yes, I see them now.” He pointed at each rune, “This is a very old text, much older than I can remember. But it is one of power.” He pointed at one of the runes, “See here, the sweeping of this part of the rune gives it importance and I think this here that fallows is something of an arcane nature.”

He mumbled a bit more and then said, “Yes, I feel that the magic upon this door is far greater than just one Master of the Arcane dispel magic. One at a time again and again I feel would be like a fighter with a dagger chipping away at this mountain. Yes one day perhaps but not anytime soon.” Maggot looked to Alasdair, “I would not ask you to risk harm to yourself and attempt using your mind on this door if you plan to do it alone.” Maggot looked back at the door, “That is all I can see for now.”


Posted on 2010-10-12 at 14:23:59.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


...

"Good find lad. Seems magic will nay work on this door. Perhaps it is teamwork once agin that is needed. Unless I am mistaken there is more than one with powers of the mind. Mayhaps together they can breach this obstacle?"



Posted on 2010-10-12 at 15:44:59.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

"For the moment, it seems like the best, and only, plan we have. I am willing to try. Althena, please assist me if you would." Alasdair ensures that they are both standing well away from the door, to avoid any more interactions with the ghostly hand, and then focuses his mind on the task.

(OOC: Attempts the aforementioned psionic abilities. Molecular agitation first, then failing that, project force.)


Posted on 2010-10-13 at 14:39:23.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Waiting

Kenji would have sighed... if he had been a lesser man ... he hated waiting .. and waiting was what he was doing while the others discussed some magical means to get past the door and into the 'treasure' room that was obviously a trap

He agreed with the idea of them pairing up in order to help out if anyone became enamored with the trinkets or items within ... Kenji knew for a fact that there was nothing in that room that would tempt him ... he was not interested in gold or gems ... he only needed enough coins to survive.. any more was a waste... he was not interested the sword... he knew it had to be evil .. most likely the cause of all their problems.. destroying it might be the key but that was for others to determine.

There was nothing on this world that could tempt him ... the only thing that could possibly sway him would not be found within that room... he was sure of that!

For now.. he waiting at the rear of the group.. still alert for anything that might be following them.


Posted on 2010-10-15 at 11:15:31.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne waited quietly standing guard. It had seemed forever that they had been down here though in reality she knew it had not been that long. However it was the constant the level of danger from the tests and the the evil sword's effort against them.

Rayne also knew that it would only get harder the further they went--the tests to weed out the unfit, and by the sword, who sought to free itself by corrupting one of their own party and other things too that they probably did not know about, but were sure to come. She glance around the room

The mages and psionists were busy working on the problem of the door. Those that were fighters that fought with sword or child had little to do right now but keep watch. She looked over to Kenji who stood quietly. his face set and almost expressionless. She could see no signs of impatience on his face nor had he ever complained. He never did. Only when her enter battle did she see as change in his face from the almost contemplative to a fierceness. That moment when he seemed to come more alive. Well, that was not quite true. It was difficult to put hwe finger on what she thought hw was feeling as he entered into battle.

Rayne wondered what he was thinking about. He was a man from a strange land and some how dropped into the middle of this all. He had certainly made a place for himself in the group.His skills with with his sword, his quickness, and bravery. She imagine that he waited to be able to do something since he had neither magic, clerical or psionic skills. She wanted to tell him there would be work for his sword. but he was a man not a youth who needed her words.

At the quiet moment she wondered about her companions. The wolves pair would fare well without her. her eagle owl would return to the wilds and What she really missed most is her close association with her Pegasus. Her thoughts of losing them saddened her, but like Kenji it was kept inside and not expressed outwardly.

Thus it was two silent warriors stood ready and waiting each with their own thoughts.


Posted on 2010-10-15 at 18:56:28.
Edited on 2010-10-15 at 18:58:14 by Brianna

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Conall

Conall stood back as he watched Alasdair and Althaena preparing to assault the door with their minds. Conall was skeptical of the outcome. The door seemed to be bonded with strong magic, and so Conall instead devoted his time to searching around the room, seeing if there was anything else that may be able to trigger the door's release. Conall searched the room on the opposite side of the room from the door, hoping to find something.


Posted on 2010-10-16 at 05:00:58.

Dreen
Regular Visitor
Karma: 13/12
85 Posts


Ulthok - A bit of a back post -

Siréne moved to Ulthok's side and offered her hand saying,"It might be that our arcane skills are too near to one another. Still I am a master of the magics of the mind and my elven blood gives me resistance to them. You placed your trust in me once before, let us join in trust once again."
Stretching to test his healing body's limits Ulthok looked up at Siréne with a wide grin as he replied, "Uncle Trapspringer always said that to be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved! Together we'll stand then.."

Winking up at her he continued, "Just be sure to keep up!"


Posted on 2010-10-18 at 01:56:14.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.