The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4004 registered users. Our newest member is Vallator.
Online members: Eol Fefalas, Alacrity, Reralae, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Personal Creations - Hidden Corruption: Aftermath (posted by Eol Fefalas)HC: Aftermath
Recruitment Threads - D&D with horror themes, revisited (posted by Raven)D&D/Horror
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Synil

Cynil stand watch as well. Though she tries to think of a shape that might serve them if other attempts fail. Changing into th e elephant again would give her the greatest power to try to use agains the walls them selves. There was more than one way to make a door. She did not thinks that trying to go through the door by force would work, though going through the walls was another matter and doable.

"Cor, is we can't open the wall we may be able to break through the wall on either side easier that the doorway with all it protections. That door is magicked but the walls were not there were made by man or dwarf, and what is made that way can be unmade. Perhaps the trick to this is not going through the door but the wall. or selling"


Posted on 2010-10-18 at 02:14:43.
Edited on 2010-10-18 at 05:11:46 by Brianna

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


To flank is to out wit.

It was while all were preparing for the next big action in our path to the sword Maggot had a thought, "I will use my Dispel Magic while these two use their mind. Perhaps the door will be more concerned about me then them." Maggot looked up at the door, "Yes the more fronts we attack upon the door the more it must defend overwhelm the evil before us." Maggot dropped his staff upon the top of his left foot and began to move his hands and chant in a long forgotten tung.

OOC will cast dispel magic upon the door at the same time as the other two attack the door with their mind.


Posted on 2010-10-18 at 16:35:08.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1276 Posts


Siréne

The enchantress stood away from the door as Alasdair and his lover joined their minds against it. Perhaps they would prevail where magic had failed. Perhaps they would not. Only Haila's attempt to dispel the magics of the door had any affect and to that end little it had been. Still the spell had done something to the door. Maggot might well be right in his suspicions.

Readying herself Siréne stepped up beside the unkempt bard and began to spin a spell of her own. There was hope, slight though it may be, that with all their efforts combined the door would give way.

((OOC: Cast Dispel Magic at the door in tandem with Alastair, Althena, and Maggot's efforts.))


Posted on 2010-10-21 at 03:53:22.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6409 Posts


Good Call Nimu

The party had faced hard trails and other tests before and working together had been successful in defeating them. This time was to be no different.

With Alasdiar and Althena locked together mind to mind the two psionic able party members assaulted the magically locked door before them. At once both could feel the intense magic guarding the door turn to stop the attempt, the magic almost as if alive or sentinent somehow. For a moment they seemed to gain headway, the magic a little weaker. However again as with Haila's spell the magic, though weaker then at first, was too strong to penetrate. It was here that the correct level of power needed to gain past the door's guarding magic was used.

Maggot, with Sirene in support, both did cast Dispel Magic at almost the same time. Both said spells hit within seconds of the other and just like that the guarding magic was gone. Though Maggot and Sirene were as yet unaware of this, Alasdair and Althena were not, having still been held at bay. With the doors magic gone Althena turned to the rest to speak of it.

"The door's guarding magic is gone thanks to Maggot and Sirene's spells. Ulthok you may apply your talents with no fear of magical attack."

For the rest it was now once again up to the parties lone thief to unlock and if needed detrap the door before them.


(DM OOC: Ok shorter then I wanted it to be but yet again my computer is on the fritz as it will not even load and I'm forced to use Mother's old one. Next post hopefully next Sunday, Halloween, as my comp goes back to the repairmen's house tommorrow.)


Posted on 2010-10-21 at 05:00:16.
Edited on 2010-10-21 at 05:09:17 by TannTalas

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

Clearing the after effects of their combine battle with the door from his head, Alasdair offers his love an embrace and turns to the rest of the group.

"Well done my friends. Assuming the door will soon fall to Ulthok's talents we have one less obstacle before us. Remember the plan we made for once we get inside the room. We have assumed that the treasures will attempt to ensnare us, but we have been wrong before. Stay together, and be prepared for something unexpected, as always."

That being said he stepped away from the door to allow Ulthok room to work his own form of magic.


Posted on 2010-10-21 at 05:12:01.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Success.. maybe

With the doors magic gone Althena turned to the rest to speak of it.

"The door's guarding magic is gone thanks to Maggot and Sirene's spells. Ulthok you may apply your talents with no fear of magical attack."

Alasdair spoke up then .. "Well done my friends. Assuming the door will soon fall to Ulthok's talents we have one less obstacle before us. Remember the plan we made for once we get inside the room. We have assumed that the treasures will attempt to ensnare us, but we have been wrong before. Stay together, and be prepared for something unexpected, as always."

Kenji turned for a second to glance at the door through which they must pass… it didn’t look any different to his eyes as before… he turned and laid a hand on Ulthoks shoulder before he approached the door.

“If you fly back again I will try to catch you this time.” He smirked slightly at his rare joke and then turned back to keep an eye on the rear… now would be a worst time for something to come upon them.. he did keep and eye upon the door and Ulthok’s efforts.. just in case.




Posted on 2010-10-21 at 11:13:47.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


We came to your door and rang the bell.

When the magic battle was won Maggot flipped his staff up into his right hand and then once more used it to lean upon, he took a few heavy breaths and then gave a smile to the Siréne, "Thank you for trusting." He then stepped back to allow Uthlok, Master of Shadows room to work.


Posted on 2010-10-21 at 13:11:02.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


Cheers

"Well done lads and lasses! Seems teamwork has once again shown itself to be the key. Since Master Ulthok should make short work of any wee locks or traps on the door I suggest we partner up for the next room. I beleive the plan was to attempt to simply walk straight through the room to the far door touching nothing."

Cor looked to Kenji, "Would ya walk with me lad?"



Posted on 2010-10-22 at 13:04:10.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Response

Kenji turned to look at Cor when he spoke to him.. he gave him a blank look.. as usual and then nodded, "Hai!" He had no objection to walking with Cor.



Posted on 2010-10-22 at 14:24:59.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


partners

"Well hello to you as well lad, but I believe we have already met." Cor winked at Kenji and hoped the warrior appreciated the joke.


Posted on 2010-10-24 at 15:48:34.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne took up her new bow, at Alasdair's words, notched an arrow and made ready to advance with the others. "It would be good if one with Divine Magic worked with fighters or magic users in their pairings." she reminded the others of the decision to go in twos or threes inc case of non-physical attacks.

"I recommend we decide before moving into the room. Those with fighter abilities ar Kenji, Cor, Conall, Haila and myself. Those with divine or arcane abilities are Cor, Conall, Cynil, Sirene, Haila Maggot, Ulthok and myself. So we overlap a lot. Also before we go in there I want to cast bless on us all. So gather into your your groups and let me do that first." She prays to her Deities for Blessings on her companions--her friends. The Ranger Cleric then speaks the words of her prayers so that blessing is cast on them all. Hopefully given defense against whatever else awaits them."



Posted on 2010-10-24 at 19:38:59.
Edited on 2010-10-24 at 19:41:43 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

"Well done everyone." Cynil says as Alastair announced the for'smagic being gone. As Raye suggests, she moves up up and joins with Conall. He was her choice of partner in so many ways least of all this one. She already had in mine what animals she might change into. IF strength the Elephant who was not only strong but had the oh so mobile truck that could snatch and grab. If safe passage was needed across the floor and owl who also had sharp talons. If ferocity and strength,then a cave bear would be useful.

"You all know we cannot let our guards down just because the door's magic was negated. We need to let those best able to discern magical, physical and mental traps do their work. and everyone keep alert. There could be magical, mechanical or other dangers still active in this place."


Posted on 2010-10-24 at 20:19:57.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1276 Posts


Siréne

The enchantress nodded to Maggot as he walked away from her. His suspicions had been correct and the combined power of their spells had banished the magics guarding the door. There was still the matter of actually opening the it but that was already in Ulthok's capable hands. Soon they would be entering the room and facing whatever trials within.

According to what Alasdair had seen it seemed likely that the sword they sought lay within the room. It might mean an end to these trials and a return to the open air. Siréne longed to be under the open skies again. Although she had only entered the mountain a few days ago her elven soul ached for freedom. Her people were not meant to be underground.

She took a deep breath and readied her mind for whatever trials might lay beyond them. The sword would seek to manipulate tempting them with their deepest desires. All would have to be strong. Utter focus was needed. So she waited stilling her mind to a single purpose.


Posted on 2010-10-25 at 04:02:54.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Greetings???

"Well hello to you as well lad, but I believe we have already met." Cor winked at Kenji and hoped the warrior appreciated the joke.
Kenji's eyes narrowed slightly.. not getting the joke at all. He wasn't sure why Cor winked at him... whatever it was he only raised and eyebrow in wonder.


Posted on 2010-10-25 at 11:25:19.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


bad joke

Cor saw that Kenji had not understood the joke. "T'was a joke my friend. 'Hi' is what we oft say when meeting new people and your 'Hai" of agreement sounded very similar. No offense was intended."

Cor watched as Cynil took Cannal as her walking partner. "I do not mean to be rude las but I think perhaps a diffenat partner would be more appropriate. Since the goal of teh partner is to keep the other from acting according to their own desires you might find that your desire for Connal to be happy would cloud your decision." Cor thought a moment and added, I suggest Kenji and I, Ulthok and Alasdair, Maggot and Halia, Connal and Sirene and lastly a group of three including Rayne, Althena and Cynil. Are there any objections to this?"


Posted on 2010-10-25 at 12:35:25.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.