The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3963 registered users. Our newest member is Amino.
Online members: SilentOne
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Grugg)Last Chance Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Staredown...

"Easy lad, he is still one of us so no killing him. Grapple him, shove him back or knock himm unconcsious if ya have to but no killing or major wounding if ya please." Cor whispered to Kenji.
Kenji nodded to Cor’s remark.. never taking his eyes off of Conall… he wouldn’t break eye contact with the man… that would show weakness and maybe give Conall a reason to believe that Kenji was bluffing.

Kenji still said nothing.. but he would not use deadly force against Conall unless the man drew his own weapon.. in that case he would use his own weapons… otherwise he would only use his natural martial arts training to subdue the man with as little injury as possible… a dislocated joint might be the result of a simple Kotegaeshi wristlock… he seriously hoped that would be all that would result of this encounter if Conall refused to yield to wisdom.



Posted on 2010-11-05 at 17:39:17.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

"Conall, Your honor is yours. Break it and you break who you are. Fight it urge, This evil has tried to unmake us so many times before. Unmake who we are lessen us."

"You are a respresentative of Odin, Odin will expect you to hold to your word despite any temptations and desires you might have. Fight it Conall, I am here with you." Cynil lays her hands on Conall right arm. Resist, my dear heart. Some away with me." Cynil moves to stand in from of him.

"Look at me, Conall." Look me in the eyes Look at me!" Cynil spoke in the imperative her voice entreating at first and then demanding. You must be true to your word, or you can be true to no thing or to no one."


Posted on 2010-11-05 at 20:21:35.
Edited on 2010-11-06 at 20:37:13 by Brianna

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


But it's so SHINY!!!

Connal stood there shocked at all of his allies around him. Cor, Kenji, Alasdair... All were against him taking such a holy sword, with which he could do such good... The power was there in front of him, just behind Kenji and Cor. And just as Connal was about to rebuke them for standing in his way, a soft voice spoke behind him. One that he knew to well... One he had heard as he lay next to the mouth that spoke them when he slept. A voice which he loved. One that was undeniably that of his love, Cynil.

Turning to face her, gazing deep into her eyes, Connal saw the hurt which she was experiencing as he was combatting the group. He saw the damage he had caused. But this took his mind back... Back to before he was a child. When he had seen damage caused. And when he had been powerless to stop it. He couldn't bear it then, and that was when he had decided to become a Paladin. But now, seeing that it was he causing the damage, he knew he must do what was right.

But still, in his mind, leaving behind a holy sword which could do so much good for their group did not seem like doing what was 'right' to him. With one final gambit, Connal spoke, his voice shaking slightly.

"My friends, I am sorry that I have caused such trouble within our group. However, you all know me well enough that I do not cause such trouble without reason. And the reason I do raise such trouble now is because I can feel in my bones - and Alasdair will tell you the same, despite his resignation - this is a true Holy Avenger sword. It is the epitome of good in this world, and I know that either Alasdair or myself could use it for good. Though I also realize I made an oath. That oath however, was based on what I had heard was seen. Seeing it with my own eyes, feeling the radiating goodness, I must say that oath is invalid. But the oath I made to you, my friends..."

Connal turns his head to Cynil, grasping her hand firmly in his. "and the oath I ads to you, my love, still hold true. Therefore, should you all say I should leave it, I will silently bow my head and listen. I do request however, that before you make such a decision again, you should use your divine power's Cor. You say we are representatives of Odin, yet we have not considered his word. Use your Augury. See what our god has to say. Should he agree with you, I will bow to his will. That is my proposal."


Posted on 2010-11-07 at 20:29:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Conall or Connal what shall it be He He

What had been an agreed upon plan for crossing the room/test before them having turned into a semi-standoff between Connal and Alasdair on one side and the rest of the party on the other, was quickly resolved as first Alasdair then Connal agreed to leave the Holy Avenger behind.

Though Connal asked Cor to cast Augury the dwarf politely refused seeing no true benefit in doing so, wanting to gain the far side of the room quickly. With the matter thus settled the party moved forward and to everyone’s surprise made it through the room and out into the hallway beyond with no incident.

With the last of the party out of the room the door behind them closed on its own and disappeared, as had every door since entering these tests, leaving behind them only wall once more. With Ulthok in the lead once more the party began to move only to be stopped after a few feet by the appearance of a floating sword incased in a seemingly holy light…. the Holy Avenger from the previous test.

Though the sword floated in front of them it did not block the hallway so much as to prevent continued movement around it. Movement that could be accomplished without the fear of touching it unless desired. The sword as it had in the room behind still gave off the same desire to be owned to the two party Paladins, however unlike in the room both holy warriors did not need a willpower save to resist it’s call. Clear to both it was totally their own choice to claim or leave it behind one last time.

Continued test or a reward for passing it, only one brave enough to physically claim it would know the truth.

(DM OOC: Ok GREAT RP this week!! I never cease to be delighted when you Lords and Ladies of this gaming group outdo yourselves. Please keep it up.
Ok looks like one last chance to claim a Holy Sword, or is it a trap. Only one way to find out.

And on another side note seeing as how almost everyone, including the player playing him, seems to continue to misspell Conall with Connal I have changed it to such.
Next post Next Sunday as norm.)


Posted on 2010-11-08 at 05:15:13.
Edited on 2010-11-08 at 05:21:21 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2184 Posts


curiouser and curiouser

With the debate ended and everyone safely out of the room the door behind them closed and as expected it dissapeared. "Perhaps that was a test passed." Cor walked next to Connal, "Sorry lad, but in this place are oft not what they appear. We just could not take the risk, I am sorry. I know that a holy avenger is a powerful instrument of good and you...what, how can that be?" Cor's line of thought was disrupted by the appeareance of the holy sword floating in the corridor before them. "Either this is one elaborate trap or that sword is the real thing." Cor thought a moment, "Well it seems we are once again faced with the same question as we were a few moments ago; to take up the sword or let it be. This has naught occurred before that a thing from a past test has reappeared. Could it be a sign from Odin? Or is it just a diabolically clever trap? Perhaps now that we are free of the room an augury would be in order. What say the rest of you; leave it, take it or take a few few moments to seek divine guidance?"


Posted on 2010-11-08 at 13:18:49.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Again with the Sword...

Seeing that Conall (I think I have for the most part used the correct spelling) finally gave in to the will of the party and his own sense of honor.. Kenji sighed to himself… he did not wish to battle the man… he had a deep respect for him… but inside the room he felt they were being tested … and that to attempt to take anything within would be part of a trap… he was glad when they stepped through the far door and the way back was barred from them.

As they started forward… Kenji was still bringing up the rear at this point.. he was halted by everyone ahead stopping suddenly.. he moved so that he could see ahead and his eyes widened slightly at the sight of the ‘sword’ floating ahead of the party… at first his eyes narrowed… obviously the trap continued… but then he relaxed… it just might be… but Conall had followed his oath not to take anything from the room… so…

“Seems the sword wishes to be taken,” Kenji could be heard saying from the back of the group… he looked at Conall and nodded, “seems you may get what you wish and still keep your oath.”

He waited to see who… if anyone… would claim the sword… and what the outcome might be… he knows he made the right decision within the room in not allowing anyone to break their oath … he hoped now that the sword was indeed what Conall and Alasdair claimed it to be… they would know shortly… in either case… the Samurai was ready.

He heard Cor's question and only shrugged... he didnt believe in divine guidance... each were to make their own choices.. for good or ill ... time would tell which was going to be made here.



Posted on 2010-11-08 at 14:59:35.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

The paladin steps forward towards the sword, once again scanning the area for evil intent. Finding none (assumably) he turns to Cor.

"My friend, I do in fact believe this to be the work of Odin, or at the very least the power of existence attempting to balance itself out in the face of such evil. Perform your augury if you wish. I am willing to give my hand to the sword, as I said before. As is Conall I believe," he says, motioning to his fellow holy knight.

"To me, this is a sign that we truly must carry the blade with us. How is to wield it, Conall or myself, is another question we must answer. If your augury can give us guidance in that respect as well it would be appreciated. But, assuming Odin will force us to decide for ourselves, as he is want to do on many occasion, what say the rest of you. Assuming we take this sword, who better to wield it? For my own part I think I would suggest Conall. I have my mind powers to amplify the gifts of Odin. While Conall's access to those gifts is potent, wielding the sword would make them more potent still. I believe that in his hand the Holy Avenger would be more aid to the party and thus the cause of good than in my own."


Posted on 2010-11-10 at 20:26:46.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


A sign from the holy one!

"Cor, this is a sign from Odin himself, he desires one of us to wield this sword. It was not a trap, but a gift. It should be grasped, and I shall heed his words."

Turning to Alasdair, Conall says, "Alasdair, you grace me with the permission to wield the blade. A bounty of thanks to you, for allowing me to claim such an instrument of good."

Conall stepped forth, reaching out to the blade hovering before the group. The radiance of the benign powers shook him to the core, he could feel his pulse in his entire body as his heart beat powerfully faced with such good. Grasping the hilt, he allowed it to rush over him, as he immersed himself in the holiness of the sword. As he did so, he whispered so that he alone could hear, "With this, great Odin, I shall do you works of greatness."


Posted on 2010-11-12 at 22:28:41.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne, the cleric ranger looks to the two Paladins. "The choice is for you two to decide for yourselves. I do agree it was most likely a test of faith and the honoring or oaths. Had anyone fail that honor would have been lost. Only neither of you did even though sorely tempted. It was not a matter of what it Truly was but that each of you has so promised not to touch anything. I must admit this is the first time when the test was so specifically oriented to one or two party members. I find that most intriguing as pect of all these tests so far. Will the other test be so? I wonder."

"Make your decision. An augury here makes much better sense than that it made earlier. I commend Cor for not using it at that time. You all said it was good and with no sense of evil but that was not the issue. Fortunately you all made the right choice. There is hope that we will live to make it to our goal with members of such stout heart and faithfulness to their Deities and then companions as you are all proving to be. I include myself amongst you all. I have lived many years bu never have I been tested in such degree and for so long as we have all had to face in this endeavor."

"Once one of you has taken the sword we will be ready to move on." In the meantime those of us not involved and keep watch for and.......problems that might arise. Be quick I do not think the Evil Sword will like that this sword is now a part of our party in the hands of a paladin who will stand against it later."


Posted on 2010-11-13 at 00:30:45.
Edited on 2010-11-19 at 23:18:10 by Brianna

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Sword or not too sword.

With the appearance once again of the supposed Holy Sword from the room just left, the issue of was it real or a trap once more came to the fore front. As Cor, Kenji, Rayne and Alasdair discussed what to do next Conall took matters into his own hands.

"Cor, this is a sign from Odin himself, he desires one of us to wield this sword. It was not a trap, but a gift. It should be grasped, and I shall heed his words. Alasdair, you grace me with the permission to wield the blade. A bounty of thanks to you, for allowing me to claim such an instrument of good."
Then without waiting for a reply the second of the parties two Paladins reached out and took hold of the sword by its hilt.......
At once Conall felt the power of the sword wash over him and knew that he and Alasdair had been right. Truly the sword was that of a +5 Holy Avenger as wrote about in the histories of man, a sword created to be the holiest of weapons against the darkness of evil.

As the party watched, Conall having gripped the swords hilt and claiming it for his own, was incased for a few moments in white light as he and the sword came to know the other. Then the light faded and Conall was left standing whole and unharmed.

“With this, great Odin, I shall do you works of greatness."
Moving to remove his old sword he found it and the sheath gone, in its place a new sheath the same length as that of his new sword. As Conall moved to place the sword into this new sheath he saw for the first time a word, in a language he did not know, engraved in the cross piece above the swords hilt, perhaps its name, perhaps something else.

However as life sometimes does this moment in time was broken as from down the hallway around a right sided turn came Ulthok’s voice.

“Everyone come quick, we have a problem!”
As the party moved to rejoin the Halfling Thief they found him standing before a cave in blocking further travel down this hallway. The ceiling of the corridor having possibly collapsed due to old age had in turn both blocked travel and opened a rather large hole in the hallway’s floor. Gathering as they could the members of the party could see that the edges of the hole were ragged and ripped the hole itself having no bottom, descending as it did into the darkness. Once again as so many times before the party was faced with yet another dilemma.

(DM OOC: Ok there you have it this week’s post. Congrats gboy you just got a new toy . Play with it well.
Ok there’s a hole in the floor and cave in before ya, so what’s ya gonna do.
Next post Next Sunday.)



Posted on 2010-11-15 at 05:42:08.
Edited on 2010-11-15 at 05:44:51 by TannTalas

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

Alasdair moves over to Conall. "Use it well my friend. Show Odin that you are worthy of such a blade."

"Everyone come quick, we have a problem!"
The paladin rushes over towards the little rogue, his hand on the hilt of his sword anticipating emminant danger.

"Well, this is something a bit different." He walked the edge of the hole examining it as much as he could.

"I can once again attempt a clairvoyance of the hole to see how far down it actually goes. I may be able to heighten my senses in combination with the control of ambient light to see what I can find out. Though if anyone has a simpler idea I am open to it. It would be difficult to maintain all of these powers at once. Either way, it seems we can't go forward. If that is indeed the case we need to find out how deep this hole goes, where it goes, and figure out how to get down there."

Almost as an after thought he turns his gaze to the cave in. After a few moments of thought he speaks again, giving voice to his thoughts and talking as much to himself as to the group.

"If this place has tought me anything, it is that nothing is as it seems. Perhaps we can find a way across the hole, and through the stones beyond. But we must be careful not to cause any further instability or we could bring the whole mountain down on us."

He is silent once again, his hand stroking his growing whiskers as he focuses on the problem before the group.


Posted on 2010-11-18 at 07:44:18.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2184 Posts


Downward and onward

"Perhaps we could have our spellcasters rest and learn feather fall. It appears that the only options are down the hole or finding a way to the other side and doing some serious digging. I am concerned that this cavein may be blocking further tests that are required."


Posted on 2010-11-19 at 14:29:39.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


I told you it was okay...

Conall sheathed the sword that he had just received, knowing a holy avenger was nothing to swing in all directions, but something to treasure, and use when the time called for it. However, as he moved with the rest of the group coming up to the gaping hole in the ground, he had no idea of what to do. Were it a beast or a test of skill, it would be possible he would know more, but perhaps that was not the case.

"This mountain has given us trials and tests left right and centre wherever we've turned. It is possible that this is another challenge... something to test us. It's possible, though not necessarily guaranteed, this could be an illusion. There is one easy way to check though." Conall picked up a rock and tossed it at the hole.

"This will kill two birds with one stone. If the hole is an illusion, the rock will stay here. If it is true, then it will give us an indication of how deep it is."


Posted on 2010-11-19 at 19:55:02.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil offers a suggestion.

Befor you do than Conall or anyone wlse think of climbing down into the unknown I can take the form of a large bird or a flarge bat, fly down there and survey what is going what is down there. If a way out of down there is mor evident then I can fly a rope over to the other side and anchor it so that we can use that to get across.

Just let me check it out first.


Posted on 2010-11-20 at 21:46:25.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayn make her way quickly through the hallway to where Ulthok had stopped literally in from of a gaping hole in the floor at a passage way that had been totally block by a fall of racks form above. There was not way of know just how extensive that fall of rack had been. Cynil offered to fly down as a bat or bird and that was a good idea, Especially the bat form because if it was dark the bat couls still make it way in the dar./

"A smart idea, Cynil, especially as a big bat. Nowever I would also like to sugdest as a backup plan that two of us could climb down, which is better than one only. Kenji and I are the most lightly armored and I am skilled in such things and Kenji has rived himself well skilled as well. Since he mainly uses a sword, and I mainly use the bow. Together we would be an effective team if something is down there as well that may be hostile to us.

Rayne also remembered the secret rough tunnel that they had found two rooms back where Kenji had been taken. If they could get back there there as perhaps another way to try to get where they needed to.

"I was just remembering that secret tunnel we found and if we could get back there we might be able to use that path to achieve our goal."


Posted on 2010-11-20 at 21:56:42.
Edited on 2010-11-20 at 22:04:13 by Brianna

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.