The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


It's dangerous to go alone...

Conall looked at Cynil as she offered her suggestion to fly down in to the pit alone and take a look around. Hearing her words, he squeezes her hand tight, and says, "Cynil, absolutely not. Going in there alone in the form of a creature who isn't tough and able to defend itself is folly. If there is anything hiding down there, it could catch you unaware, and gravely injure you. Allow Alasdair to use his clairvoyance first, to see if he can sense anything down there."

A single tear forms in Conall's eye, and his voice drops to a whisper that barely escapes his lips, "I already lost you once, I don't want to lose you again."


Posted on 2010-11-21 at 06:07:43.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Where is the fighting?

Kenji was glad when the sword came out be what it had appeared to be... any weapon that might help them was welcomed.

He looked down at the hole and frowned.. nothing was easy it seemed.. now the way forward leading to danger ahead was blocked by .. possibly... a nature event... he grunted and while the others talked of magical ways to find a way around the blockage.. Kenji went to the back of the group and once again took up his guard position watching out for anything that might be sneaking upon them.


Posted on 2010-11-22 at 01:28:56.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil raise her hand gently to brush away Conall's single tear and smile gently at him. "Love should not swaddle one's beloved. Love should not constain one but rather strengthen one. I would not ask you to not do what you meed and must do being who you are. Likewise you should not not ask me to do ot be less than me.. I believe my skills and abilities would serve best at this moment."

"Would you deny me that? Ulthok's lot is dangerous when he must search for traps and try to disable them. You do not ask him not to--nor should your love for me ask me to not do what must be done. I hear you words and they sing in my heart. I am not foolish in this. A bat can see in the dark and there are few predators especially if I chose one of the largest forms of bats. I do not see light to find my way. I do have and advantage over animals. I am intelligent and experienced."


Posted on 2010-11-22 at 03:02:18.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Moving things along.

While members of the party stood discussing ways on how to find the true depth of the hole before them from changing shape to clairvoyance, one member decided to take more of a direct route.
Moving to the hole’s edge Ulthok brought his Wand of Illumination into his hand, spoke its command word and sent a burst of light into the hole before him. Turning to the rest of the party the Halfling Thief gave his findings.

“Its about 90 feet down to what looks like a large open area on a new floor.”


(DM OOC: Ok short post tonight as there was really not much more to post about as you Gentlemen and Ladies are yet in discussion of what to do next ::
Ok next post Next Sunday.)




Posted on 2010-11-22 at 04:28:19.
Edited on 2010-11-22 at 04:29:13 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


down we go

" Sounds like we need to investigate the hole and see if there is any way out down there. Would take more than a few of my kin a good bit to clear the path on the other side. Now would seem a good time to break out te ropes."


Posted on 2010-11-22 at 13:44:34.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

"I agree Cor. If you don't think we can find a way through the rocks ahead, down is our only course for the moment. I still think it would be advantageous for me to use my abilities to see if I can get a glimpse of any threats that might be down there before dropping in on it. I intend to do so while we are readying our ropes for the decent. Any objections?"

(OOC: If there are no objections I intend to use the ability to examine the walls of the shaft for any holes that may have creatures lurking in them, as well as the room at the bottom of the hole. I'm not sure how many points it'll cost me to do that though...)


Posted on 2010-11-25 at 13:55:44.
Edited on 2010-11-28 at 15:51:04 by Steelight

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil will wait for Alastaie to do what he can to check out down Cynil will change shape at that time. "Conall don't fret so much. I wil wait for Alastair to try whta he can room up here, but he he cannot gain enough information then I am headed down there as a bat."


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 00:22:19.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne looks around. "Okay then it Alastair who attempts to gainf us the information first, Cynil second if needed then I and Kenji if he so desires, Rayne concludes outloud the the progression through there ranks is clearly understood bu the other. I know the magic Users may have some abilities there but I would rather hae that saave those criticle abilities for when we have not other options." She explains her decision to the others.

"Kenji would you go below with me if the need arises?"


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 00:27:21.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Moving forward

As Alasdair proceeded with his Psionic Clairvoyance, Cynil shapechanged herself into a bat and proceeded down the hole. Her sense of sound and the Paladin’s skill of mind showed both the same thing a crude hawn tunnel running both North and South for at least 100 feet in both directions. No sign of life or any type of danger was there to see the hallway very empty.

With no visible threat and two 50 feet ropes tied together the party one by one made their way down the rope to the hallway below encountering nothing of a hostile nature and once below. Cynil, yet in the form of a large bat, took it upon herself to loosen with her claws, the tied end of the two ropes allowing the two ropes to drop to the party below. With this done the party members as both Psionicist and bat had seen found themselves in a 20 feet wide by 50 feet tall tunnel running North and South. The new question now which way to go.


(DM OOC: Ok short post once again and I moved you forward once again as there was really no other viable party choice.
Next post next Sunday and just a heads up we have three more Sundays of posts till we go on Holiday break from Dec 20th till January 9th a two Sunday break.)



Posted on 2010-11-29 at 04:33:35.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


directions

Cor waited his turn and then rappelled down the rope. Once down he took a few moments to check things and saw a tunnel leading north and south. Using his dwarven abilities he attempted to figure out how far underground they were and if there was any sloping to the tunnel that might indicate which direction might lead to the surface.


Posted on 2010-11-29 at 13:38:36.
Edited on 2010-11-29 at 21:01:51 by TannTalas

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Down and ready to move on.

Maggot took his turn down the rope. At the bottom he took a moment to adjust and make ready to move on.


Posted on 2010-11-30 at 05:37:42.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


location

After a few minutes of study Cor came to his conclusion. "Seems we are about 5 miles above the base of the mountain but still 3 miles or so beneath the summit. Give or take a foot or two." Cor chuckled. "Neither tunnel has a slope to it so one is as likely as the other to be the right one. My uncle used to say 'righty tighty, lefty loosey'; mayb left is the way out. Of course if I just turn around then left is right so in the end a coin flip would work as well as anything else. Unless we want to send scouts both directions before deceiding on a course."


Posted on 2010-11-30 at 22:22:29.
Edited on 2010-12-01 at 00:45:55 by Keeper of Dragons

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Mr. Tyler... going down....

Kenji watches as all the others climb down into the hole in the floor.. he doesnt say anything about the decision as there doesn't seem to be any other course.

He is the last one to go down taking one last look the way they had come.... he cant shake the feeling that they are being followed by something.

He arrives below and looks around.. and hearing that they need to decide which way to go... Kenji points in the same general direction they were going when they were on the level above.

"Maybe continue going that way," was all he said as he took up his usual spot in the formation.. ready to move out.


Posted on 2010-12-02 at 23:06:52.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Makes sense

"Well Kenji, going the way we were seems a good choice."


Posted on 2010-12-02 at 23:20:14.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Conall

Conall steadily makes his climb down the rope, as others before him and others after him did the same. It was the logical thing to do... After all, there was no other way to go.

The same could not be said truly once they reached the bottom of the tunnel though... There were now two directions in which the party could head, with no indication of where one might head. There was no sound indication something else waiting, there were no markings... It was desolate.

Finally, Kenji spoke up, offering his solution. Hearing this, Conall nods and says, "I shall follow you Kenji. It seems as though there is nothing to point our way save for our beacon of your shining insight."


Posted on 2010-12-05 at 16:42:41.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.