The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4005 registered users. Our newest member is Karack.
Online members: Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Nomad D2)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cyni

Cynil remains in the form of a bat. It will be useful down here is the near stygian darkness for far underground. Cynil tried not to let that thought weigh her down. It was a constant inner struggle--being so far and so long from her natural world. In this form she could scout ahead and use her bat sense to locate any likely opening that might indicate a way to go. Once Conall got down the rope she sat on his shoulder rubbed her little head against him until all were down the rope where upon she took flight and scouted out the area they headed in.


Posted on 2010-12-05 at 19:06:18.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne slung her bow and secured her belongs carefully before descending into the blackness below. When she finally got to the end of the rope she realized that was the only way they knew out of here. and if it cur they might truly lose their way to get out. IT was not a comfortable thought. She made her way down towards the beginning of the group knowing Kenji ofter took up the rear. He never talk about it he just did it quietly in that way of his. It made her wonder what he would be like out of this situation he had gotten himself into--probably still a quiet man sure of himself and his skills--but what else. These thoughts help keep her mind off of Cor estimation of how far they were still from the top and how far under and over the ground. No use dwelling on things that cannot be changed

Rayne did not unsling her bow. but rather drew her sword. There was no way to see far enough away from their route of travel to make it a practical weapon.


Posted on 2010-12-05 at 19:18:35.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alastair

"It seems logical to continue the way we were going. Perhaps there is a way back up or an intersecting passage of some sort."

The paladin draws his blade and readys his mind, anticipating a surprise attack of some sort. With calm determination he looks to the group, warriors and spellcasters alike.

"However, I believe we will need a light. I have a lantern I can light unless anyone has a better idea."


Posted on 2010-12-06 at 03:39:51.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


light

"Perhaps those with no need for light can walk a bit ahead of your lamp. Might give us an element of surprise if anything sees the light and seeks to lay in wait."


Posted on 2010-12-06 at 04:00:57.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Onward but not upwards!

With the entire party having used the ropes, or in the case of Cynil, flight, to gain the lower hallway it was decided by the leaders of the party to head in the general direction as they had been before. With Cynil in the lead and Ulthok not far behind her, the party arrayed itself to make the best use of both the light from the now lit lantern and that of the meta’s infravision. For the next 30 minutes the party thus moved encountering nothing living, dead or undead and finally came to a large opening ahead.

Cynil, being of course yet in the form of a bat, did enter first followed by Ulthok, and after his sign of ok, the rest of the party. With the help of the light from the lantern held by Alasdair they found themselves to be in a large natural cavern 100ft x50ft x160ft high. Within the large center area can be seen a number of almost giant sized tree’s, perhaps once oaks or some other of the large outdoor types, numbering at least 5. The floor area around the tree’s seem’s to have degraded with time leaving a slightly sloping depression into a pool of brackish black water at the base of the tree’s. A small area of perhaps 5ft wide stone runs on either side of the pool allowing for perhaps a small travel way to avoid crossing the water.

The tree’s themselves have the look of ages old leafless oaks, two even with upper branches touching the ceiling, and each with many limbs of rotted and in some places dead wood and look undisturbed for many an age. Though the light reveals much it is only Cynil, thanks to her ability of flight, that sees in the Northeast corner what appears to be yet another opening, perhaps not as large as that entered through, but easily larger then three wooden doors combined and twice as high.......

(Ok there you have this week's post next post as norm is next Sunday.

Ok a quick Player Status Update as of right now I have dropped Dreen as Ulthok due to a month of no posts and may have to do the same perhaps to Miss Nimu as Siréne as I have not heard from her also in some time now and she like Dreen has not replaid to sent emails. I will give Nimu and Dreen till Trilogies Holiday break to get in touch with me before I decide to post a recruitment thread for one or both characters. If any of you have had or have contact with them please tell them to get in touch with me ASAP.

On a happier note Merideth is close to giving birth and I want all of us to wish her the best and a safe delivery. She tells me that once she is back up and running full time she will once more return to Trilogy and again take over as Haila.
WOOT WOOT!! BABY IN DA HOUSE )



Posted on 2010-12-06 at 06:21:01.
Edited on 2010-12-06 at 06:26:46 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


Arborists needed

"Sirene, Cynil what do ye lasses make of the trees ahead? Something seems not right about them being down here. Though they might indicate there is a way out above from whence sun comes in."


Posted on 2010-12-11 at 23:22:01.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Hmm... Trees underground?

Conall looks at the trees before the group, taking in the strangeness of the spectacle. Preparing himself for the possibility of an ambush of creatures coming from behind - or possibly inside - the trees, he equips his shield and draws his holy avenger sword, feeling the holiness rush through him as he held it in his hands. As he observed the trees, he seconded Cor's thoughts.

"Yes... Cynil, Sirene, Rayne, what do you think of these trees? It seems odd to have naturally growing plants in the middle of this mountain, especially since I was under the impression that tress required sunlight to flourish. Though perhaps these are trees that you, as elves, know more about, due to your nature."

Conall kept his head on a swivel, looking around the room so that he would not be caught off guard by anything coming after him.


Posted on 2010-12-12 at 00:51:18.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil marveled at the trees, such a thing was totally unknown to her. Conall question echoed her thoughts. "Trees need sunlight how these trees are down her is beyond my knowledge.I do not think they could grow down her e and cannot imagine how they might have been transported here. To contemplate any other possibilities would be wild speculations. One though is that they are not real in the sense of living trees but rather a construction that looks like trees."

"I would have to examine them more closely to day for sure." Cynil squeaks at Conall.

"I will fly over and check them out," Cynil take off like a bat, literally, and goes to exam the closest trees. At least she can sense whether it is alive in any way. If it was she could feels the flows of sap.


Posted on 2010-12-12 at 18:17:41.
Edited on 2010-12-12 at 18:20:13 by Brianna

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Truly a strange sight Conall, however Cynil is best to discover information about trees even such as these, It is so unnatural for them to be in such a place. Cynil is akin to all that is natural, such is the role of a druid, to keep the balance of nature. My role is as a protector and guardian. She is like the Shepard, while I am like the sheepdog.


Posted on 2010-12-12 at 18:24:34.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Strange underground

Kenji moved into the large cavern with what appeared to be trees... his left eyebrow raised in what has become known to be his sign of surprise.

While the others discussed ways of exploring this strange area safely.. the Samurai moved a little away from the entrance and kept a watch on things as the exloration proceeded. He had no magical means that might aid so he stood watch as was his norm.


Posted on 2010-12-12 at 22:49:42.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Be ready...

Alasdair was suspicious of th trees, as was everyne else it seemed. He too readied Purifier as the small bat flew forward.

"Watch the ceiling and tops of the trees as well. Something may drop from the branches and try to ensnare our friend."

The paladin focuses his senses and his mind as he attempts to raise th light level of the room to reveal anything that may be hiding in the shadows.

(I am using my Control Light power to increase the light level and therefore increase the visibility throughout the room.)


Posted on 2010-12-12 at 23:39:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Bat Recon and a lit up Palli.

With the party fully down the rope ladder and faced with 5 alarming tree’s it was Cynil, yet in bat form, that made the first move towards them. Squeaking total nonsense in Conall’s ear, she lifted off in flight flying forward amongst the five tree’s to find them quite dead and unmoving.

Alasdair in the mean time once more using his psionic abilities attempted to raise the level of lighting and was pleased with his success the whole cavern, including the opening on the far side of the tree’s, now visible to all. His goal of finding anything hiding a failure as nothing was there to be found, the cavern empty but for the 5 tree’s.

With the rest of the party on guard it seemed for the moment they were alone with 5 dead age’s old tree’s.

(Ok short post once again I know, but nothing’s really happening and other then standing guard or Cynil reconing its quite dead in this cavern.
Ok last post before Christmas break is next Sunday so get them in and let me know what everyone is doing.......

Also if you haven’t seen Eol’s new thread "Welcome to our newest Innmate!" in the Common area please go visit and say hello to Merideth’s new son and wish her and he your best. I’m counting on you, my playa's, go to it!!)


Posted on 2010-12-13 at 05:53:27.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Answers

When the room lights up Maggot takes a good look sky ward. He is looking for a cave in. "Hmmm. My old eyes play tricks on me. Can any of you others see if the roof of this place is natural, or was it a cave in that closed this place off to the outside world?"


Posted on 2010-12-13 at 22:46:15.
Edited on 2010-12-13 at 22:48:47 by Kyle

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Enough...

When the room lights up Maggot takes a good look sky ward. He is looking for a cave in. "Hmmm. My old eyes play tricks on me. Can any of you others see if the roof of this place is natural, or was it a cave in that closed this place off to the outside world?"
“Does it matter?” Kenji said with a grunt and began to move further into the cavern, his gaze moving around looking for signs of threats as was his norm.

“This place does not appear to be the place for which we are bound,” he continued on raising his voice so everyone could hear him as he continued walking forward, “let us move on and stop pausing to marvel at this or that.. we have a mission.. let us be done with it and get out of this accursed place.”

Kenji's exasperation could be heard clearly in his words and actions… he was tired of this poking around beneath the ground facing challenges and riddles.. he longed for the surface.. for the sunshine.. clear air… and an opponent you could fight clearly with your sword and not games of the mind.



Posted on 2010-12-15 at 11:54:07.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Not poking just looking

"Step careful, those trees may not be what they seem." Maggot the hurriedly picks up a stone and launches it into the water toward the center of the room. "That my friend is were untold evil sometimes likes to live. If there was a cave in then I would say those are just dead trees, but if not then they are or could be a beast that only looks likes dead trees. As for what lives in the dark dank waters such as this, the stories of old would keep even the bravest of knights up at night with a candle lit through the night." Maggot then looked toward Cor, "Keep your ax ready my stout friend. You may need it to cut some fire wood." Maggot then slipped off his soft boots and held them up, "Don't want to get them wet. Might clean off some of the muck."


Posted on 2010-12-15 at 12:20:40.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.