The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Womens Chaotic Evil
Price: $16.50

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Concerned

"I would caution against teleporting too near to the pyramid. I admit to not having too much knowledge about things arcane but I would imagine that it would be protected against such relatively simple methods of reaching it. That is why I suggested a more mundane approach. Perhaps we could teleport into the forest near the edge of the pyramid's clearing. Though that would put us in danger from the slugs, and we would be more likely to teleport into something solid. That is one experience I hope never to have."

His tone is not at all condescending, simply thoughtful and questioning.


Posted on 2011-01-12 at 01:39:01.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Fly? Teleport? Why not walk?

Kenji rested and guarded the rear of the party as they others talked about how they would reach this pyramid… he disliked the mention of flying… if he had been meant to fly he would have been born with wings… and this teleport business he liked even less… he didn’t understand it all but he knew it involved vanishing here and reappearing there… the whole thing seemed unnatural to him.

He heard Alasdair speak of more a more ‘mundane approach’ and he seconded that idea.

“Hai, why not just walk there and forget all this magic talk.” He said grumpily.. his displease at the talk of using magic to get there obvious in his voice, “Our legs have carried us this far, why not let them continue to take us to the end of our journey?”

He ended his speech with a grunt, signifying that he had said enough on the subject and that they should heed his advice… the Samurai continued to sit lotus style on the ground with his sheathed Katana resting across this thighs as he kept a watch on the way they had come.


Posted on 2011-01-12 at 12:11:20.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Debate

"Kenji, while many of us are skilled warriors and others are powerful spell casters, I doubt we could conquer several hundred ravenous carnivorous slugs in combat. The sheer numbers would overwhelm us. That is the reason I am trying to think of another approach. It seems to me that logic would dictate that going through that slug infested jumgle, with who knows what other dangers we do not yet know on top of the slugs, would be something akin to suicidal. Perhaps there is a way to lead them off or distract them. But to just walk through, assuming they would leave us alone... well, I don't put much faith in that assumption."


Posted on 2011-01-13 at 05:38:41.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


...

Kenji grunted again at Alasdair’s comments and looked at the man.

“You assume that there are carnivorous slugs down there. I do not call Lady Cynil a liar… but we have been fooled again by these strange illusions. Who is to say that flying over them is not just what is expected of us? That a fiendish magical trap that we cannot see is waiting for us in the air? Or you’re your magical teleporting will send us into a solid wall which is really there but we cannot see it? You misspeak yourself, I assume nothing.“

He went back to guarding and resting and let the so called leaders determine the path and fate of them all.


Posted on 2011-01-13 at 11:49:50.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


transport

"Unless I am mistaken, I could be, teleport spells allow a certain amount of extra weight. Perhaps we do not need to go singly. Master Kenji is correct that this could be a trap but I do not really wish to confront a bunch of slugs. Cannot even eat the vile things."


Posted on 2011-01-14 at 18:37:55.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Fly Now, Pay Later.....

Ulthok sighed heavily as he listened to the banter;

cast a spell and fly over;

cast a spell and teleport over.

It always came from those that never understood the spell, but just wanted an easy way to travel.
Just a wave of the hand and whoosh they are standing in front the bright shiny gates.

He had finally heard enough,

“ Now let get this straight, you want me to cast a spell of teleport from here over to that big shiny thing. And you want me to take a couple of you with me.

Then I suppose you want me to pop back and get a couple more and then pop over back there again?

Well I know the spell and I suppose it’s easy enough to cast, but there’s just a small issue.

I’ve never been there before, so I don’t know enough about the place to be sure we’ll actual arrive at the gates.

It’s more likely we’ll appear, say 100 feet above the ground or 10 feet under the ground, either way we’re all dead. Sounds like fun to me.

But then you did say something about flying over, well there are potions that allow flight and they could work for about anyone.

Let’s see that is only three or so miles away, might work, only those potions never come with a known duration.
They just sort of stop working, that can be a bit disconcerting as you trying to make it over a lava pit or when you’re soaring nicely along in the clouds.

No I don’t think either is good idea.

Now as for those Slugs, they sound like scavengers to me. If they were aggressive they’d be attacking each other, not just eating the dead. Besides if we kill enough the others will just go for easy meal. I say we walk.”

With that Ulthok turns and starts down the walkway toward the jungle.


Posted on 2011-01-17 at 04:28:34.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Likes the New Ulthok.. not a bad guy...

Kenji turned and raised a brow when he heard Ulthok basically agreeing that the magical route was frought with dangers and perhaps they should walk and take their chances battling the slugs.

"I prefer to battle our way our way to all this solving riddles and puzzles... If I am going to die I would rather it be in battle."

He rested his hand on the tsuba of his Katana and returned to his guarding and meditation to prepare him for the road ahead.


Posted on 2011-01-17 at 16:50:34.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Either way

"Either way little one, I still suggest you and the rest of us take some rest before traipsing off into the jungle. This might be our last chance to do so."

The paladin remains sitting ont he ground, leaning against the cavern wall.


Posted on 2011-01-17 at 17:54:42.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Cynil,did you look to see if there is any signs of animal life down there. All those seeming plants and vines living in such a place as this make me wary. > While flying or teleporting over thei would be expect it very well also prove to be a trap as well. The use of magic just might spring a trp or made that sword mre aware of us than I would like.

I know it knows we have been her but for a long time, we have not suffered its attacks against us. Since those attacks have failed several times. Perhaps ot os just biding it time while the trials and of the tests whittle us away. Then when we get closer it will renew it attacks against us, being now weaked in numbers or more weary.

O would appreciate that information first before I make my decision.


Posted on 2011-01-23 at 19:24:42.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil

Cynil could not take in reply to Rayne's request but she could rect in response. She had sat on Conall shoulder waiting for the group to decide
, that way she would be one less that had to be transported.

Cybil took wing and flew closer to the floor and use her echo location and sharp hearing to see if anything was moving.
She took great care to sray high enough to stay safe
. Her sharp cries would penetrate futher than her sight could.


Posted on 2011-01-23 at 19:36:25.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Hey look it's a DM post!!

As the party continued to discuss the best way of travel to the far pyramid Alasdair recommended rest, while Cynil attempted to change once more from Elf to bird. However having already used that form for this day she found her attempt unsuccessful, perhaps one of her other two forms of shape change would be useful.

However as was the norm in cases such as this, Ulthok was not one to sit around and wait and was quite vocal about his desire to move on..

“Now let get this straight, you want me to cast a spell of teleport from here over to that big shiny thing. And you want me to take a couple of you with me. Then I suppose you want me to pop back and get a couple more and then pop over back there again? Well I know the spell and I suppose it’s easy enough to cast, but there’s just a small issue. I’ve never been there before, so I don’t know enough about the place to be sure we’ll actual arrive at the gates. It’s more likely we’ll appear, say 100 feet above the ground or 10 feet under the ground, either way we’re all dead. Sounds like fun to me.
But then you did say something about flying over, well there are potions that allow flight and they could work for about anyone. Let’s see that is only three or so miles away, might work, only those potions never come with a known duration. They just sort of stop working, that can be a bit disconcerting as you trying to make it over a lava pit or when you’re soaring nicely along in the clouds.
No I don’t think either is good idea. Now as for those Slugs, they sound like scavengers to me. If they were aggressive they’d be attacking each other, not just eating the dead. Besides if we kill enough the others will just go for easy meal. I say we walk.”

And with that Ulthok turned and started down the walkway toward the jungle below, not stopping to see if any of the others were following. However one did speak as he started to leave.

“Hold a moment Ulthok so that I may gather my things and I shall accompany you” spoke the enchantress Sirene. Her things settled on her once more she joined Ulthok. As both started to walk down the stone causeway a third voice announced his intention to join. His gear already to hand the old man, Maggot, looked over his shoulder to the rest of the group.

“Someone has to go chaperone those two.”
Smirking the old Ranger/Bard did just that and the three made their way down, ten minutes later finding themselves at the jungles edge. Closer to the foliage of the jungle proper each of the three could see the healthy yet unhealthy nature of the plant life before them. Though healthy as normal foliage, the plants did not have the greenness as if basked by a normal sun. Clearly the dark almost brownish green plants having had no other light then that from the glowing pyramid on the chasms far side had had to make due with that. The three could only wonder at what type of plant life this jungle contained, thanks to a few centuries of basking in strong magical light.

Without warning an answer the three did gain as from out of the dark jungle before them flashed a number of think thorny vines on the attack!!. Though both Ulthok and Maggot were lucky to be missed, Sirene was not, her body at once grabbed and lifted off the ground. Before Thief and Ranger/Bard could act, the Elf enchantress was flying over their heads, thrown deeper into the jungle’s interior. Her cry of surprise cut off in mid scream as she disappeared from their sight.................

(OK there’s this week’s post and though there was no post from Kyle or Merideth I heard from both and its all good where those two are concerned.

However it does looks like gboy is no longer with us as he did not post or contact me in the last month and a half so I will be seeking a replacement for him starting this week. If any of you know any one that may be interested in joining up as a Pali tell them to get in touch with me soonest.

Ody and Kyle technically your both in combat right now but if you withdraw out of the vines reach you can easily disengage with no further chance at taking damage.

Ok Next Post Next Sunday.)


Posted on 2011-01-24 at 07:20:57.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


trouble...

A scream rang out and Kenji was on his feet holding his sheathed Katana in his left hand. He whirled around and raced to the edge of the cliff. Not stopping he raced down the path headed down to the valley floor, his sandals (Speed) taking him as fast as he could without throwing him over the edge to plummet down.

He knew that Sirene, Ulthok and Maggot had descended into the valley to see what it was like down below and while he had thought they might rest first he didn’t disagree with a scouting party.

He thought the scream sounded like Sirene as he didn’t see Ulthok as sounding like that, though he wasn’t so sure about Maggot. The old man was weird and if he got down here and found that it was only a prank or false alarm he was going to thump someone’s skull.

(Not sure how long it would take him to get down there. But in any case when he does get there he will be ready to fight.)


Posted on 2011-01-28 at 22:56:16.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


"only fools rush in" - Elvis

Cor heard the scream and saw Kenji rush down the path. Was it prudent to rush down into who knows what? The three had gone off on their own volition without really waiting for anyone else. They knew where the party was but the party had no real good idea of where they were. Logic would suggest that the three would try to make it back.

"Call if you need assistance when ya gt there lad! I will stand guard and ensure no wee beasties come from behind." Cor yelled after the Samurai.


Posted on 2011-01-29 at 01:25:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Hot Tempered..........

"Either way little one, I still suggest you and the rest of us take some rest before traipsing off into the jungle. This might be our last chance to do so."
Ulthok heard the Paladin once again address him as a child. How many times have these brave warriors sent the “Little One” to lead and now they are too tired to continue.

It was enough to spur him on down the walkway.

From behind him Ulthok was surprised to hear a sultry feminine voice.

“Hold a moment Ulthok so that I may gather my things and I shall accompany you” spoke the enchantress Sirene.

This was followed by the distinctive voice of the bard.

“Someone has to go chaperone those two.”
With that the bard joined them and three walked to the edge of the jungle.

Before the three could plan thick vines blindly lashed out.

Diving to the ground the three tried to dodge the vines.

Ulthok dropped and rolled just quickly enough to be missed by the vines. As he regained his feet he saw Maggot also roll clear, but the scream over head brought his attention up just in time to see Sirene, wrapped in the vines, being flung into the jungle.

Anger swelled up in Ulthok.
Standing at the edge of vines, he stretched his arms out in front of him, hands level and thumbs touching. Calling up the spell of “Burning Hands”.

He shouted, “Burn you”, as he attempted to cut down the vines , hopefully hurting it enough to free Sirene with the fiery arc that blasted from his fingers.

(OOC: If Ulthok and Magget are successful in burning the vines into retreat and no other party member rushes through into the jungle, he plans to cast another spell or bound 30 feet into the jungle after Sirene.)


Posted on 2011-01-29 at 04:35:56.
Edited on 2011-01-30 at 23:56:58 by Odyson

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Act quickly...

Maggot with out thought, knowing The lady Sirene was well beyond the range of his attack Maggot his hand out before him, "I am the spark into the fire!" and a fan of flame shot forth from his out stretched hands. "Ulthok, master of shadows rush in after the flame or fall back! But if we stand here we will only die slowly at the end of green vines with a mind of their own!"


Posted on 2011-01-29 at 05:01:17.
Edited on 2011-01-29 at 05:02:13 by Kyle

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.