The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is xmasztime.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


97

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

What do we have here?
Posted on 1/19/2006 at 5:14:33 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall moved around the ship to scope out its defensives, If the ship were attacked Alasdir would need all the arms and wits about him to defend such an almost impossible position if the enemy came in great force of even more unthinkable, if it called upon some unseen evil from the depths of the unknown. All seemed to be doing well, none suffered from any illness. The lady Cynil seemed to be quite enjoying the journey in fact. It was during his walks top side keeping an eye on the Lady Althena he came across a small smooth pebble, ‘Now this is some what out of place. It is smooth but not by wind or water. This is a sling stone, ever it be smaller than most.’ He placed the stone into a small pouch and gave it little more thought.

His mind back to the journey he thought it would be good to seek out Alasdir and speak to him of defense. It was then he came across him in the hall just steps from the Lady Althena’s room. Conall was caught quite off guard. First thought was that of anger, then Conall thought and anger turned to camaraderie. With a smile Conall spoke, “Your movement gives you away. I have seen much but only a little of the passion you felt to find her in the evil halls below the mountains. It is good to see a warrior find love. For so oft it evades those of use who walk the path we walk. But know this, I am sworn to protect her. Please, do not hurt her. Please keep your heart and mind separate. You know better than any of the others what we must do and if we all come out of this alive at the journeys end I will be happy to see you and the Lady Althena joined.” Conall pulled out his wine skin and offered it to Alasdir, “Drink to the journeys end and to the happiness that awaits you. But hear me in this… If the quest does not kill you, she might.”

Having forgot completely about the defense of the ship Conall moved past Aladir to the cabin door of the Lady Althena. With a soft knock, “Mi’Lady, it is I Conall. Is all well inside?” …

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Time on Their hands maybe a gathering is in order.
Posted on 1/21/2006 at 2:35:06 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After having settled in for the voyage Ulthok was surprised to find the constant rolling of the ship did not make him sick just the opposite he found it rather comforting and he found himself getting some of the best sleep he had gotten in a long time.Having a lot of free time during the day on the journey he on the first day doust seek the giant Samson for some conversation.

Finding where Samson was staying on the ship the little halfling finding the giant asks for permission to enter.
Once in with Samson Ulthok will speak at legnth with him first about magic.Asking how he learn his spells and how he remembers them.He will show him his prized possion his spell book.

[OOC: Is there anyway the two can learn or teach each other spells if possable Tann let me know I would be interested. Thanxs.]

He will ask Samson more about his homeland and his people being always interested in the pursuit of information.Ulthok will share with Samson some of his better memories of his home and time spent as a youngster.He will spend as much time trading stories and information with the giant as Samson will permit finding that the more time he spends with the giant the more he finds the two of them seem to have in common and he can feel a bond forming between the two at least on his part.Finally after a long morning of talking and trading stories Ulthok stands and excusex himself from Samson asking the giant if he would be interested in joining Ulthok latter for some playfull sparring to keep their skills sharp durning the long voyage.

Upon leaving Samson quarters he finds the sun high in the sky and that it is already late afternoon.He will spend the next hour or so working out buy climbing the different masts and ropes and such around the ship.

After working out and a brief lunch Ulthok deceides to look for Af'till and see how he is faring so far on this voyage.Upon finding him Ulthok will engage him in some small talk asking things like how are you doing as far as sea sickness, do you find your quarters ok, are you sleeping well.After awhile of this chatter he will ask him what he thinks this next quest will bring upon them.Since they have never had this much free time to spend togeather he also ask him a little about his homeland and such.Then after awhile seeing that Af'till may be tiring of his constant babling and questions begs his farewell but before departing he imparts a invitation to Af'till.
Oh yes dear friend since we have much time on this voyage I thought it might be good for all the party to get togeather for some fun I would request your attendance this evening in the dining area of this ship say an hour after dinner for some games of chance or whatever one sees fit for.With that he leaves.He will spend the next part of the afternoon finding and imparting his invitation to all the party members to attend.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

eww....they're kissing!
Posted on 1/21/2006 at 9:30:12 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Humans were trying to kill him. There was no other reason behind it. What was wrong with traveling 640 miles across the Earth? Sure it would take longer but flying? If Odin wanted dwarves to fly, he would have given them wings.

But he was adamant that he was not going to complain about the journey. He was the representative of his King and his people and he would not tarnish their reputation with whining about the situation. Luckily it was only a 71/2 hour journey.

Then things got worse. Now he was to travel by boat. Love a duck! If Odin wanted Dwarves to go on water then he would have given them fins. But once again Magma was forced to keep up appearances. Sharing a room with Alasdair, he keeps mostly to himself, and his hammock - not rising up unless called for or to get a small bite to eat. They would be on land soon. He kept telling himself that over and over. At least he wasn’t feeling sick as some do on a ship, but did little to sooth the fear dwelling in his belly. Rather be facing a bunch of rabid ogres naked.

And now … Alasdair and Lady Athena were starting some mating ritual now, with the kissing and the hugging and looking vapidly into each others eyes. There was a time and a place for everything and this was neither.

Odin save me! Give me dry land soon! And get those two a room!

At some point, the halfling comes in to check on Magma and engages in small talk. As much as he appreciates the company, Magma is not very talkative. Then Ulthok makes a suggestion, “Dear friend since we have much time on this voyage I thought it might be good for all the party to get together for some fun. I would request your attendance this evening in the dining area of this ship say an hour after dinner for some games of chance or whatever one sees fit for.”

Magma rouses himself out of his Hammock slightly, “Can you make sure there will be ale there my friend? Strong ale? If you say aye, then I will be there.”

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Ship travel
Posted on 1/21/2006 at 9:47:04 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson seeing Cynil had a few things to take care of went to wonder around the small boat. Yes, small according to his true size. He bumps into the halfling and chats some.

He will explain his magic and how it works but resist talking about his homeland explaining its to painful to talk about.

He returns to see how she is doing and waist to see what she says.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Wanting to try something risky
Posted on 1/22/2006 at 5:13:56 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sam I have drawn from water power before, but never from a body of water like this, if thou woulds't see fit to help me, I would like to try to replenish a bit more of my reserves from here, also I just wish to investigate this power source. If thou finds thyself willing, I wouldst like to do it midnight on the morrow. I will set my brazier in the bow of the ship, and wouldst need thee to keep anyone from touching me for the duration of the tap, also if something goes wrong, you are the only one here who knows me well enough to hope to pull me back.
I am sorry I have been neglecting you my friend I have been meaning to do an ocean voyage many years now but have always been pulled in other directions by necessity."

OCC: I have been trying to consult with his lordship about what I want to do here as he may have some issues with it, but i haven't been able to contact him, will continue as soon as I have his ok to proceed

BIC:

Upon Sams answer cynil will proceed first to visit with Af'til to see if he has a mortar and pestle she can borrow as she forgot to pick one up in town, if he doesn't or just plain does not wish to share his, (which would not be horribly rude as they are a rather vital piece of equipment for any herbalist and rather it is a very forward request for cynil to make)She will then proceed to the galley and pester the cook for a small wooden bowl and a mug. Now she will pester various crew men for a small pinch of chewing tobbaco (for what ever reason the gods seem to love tobbaco, they also love chocolate but that is far more difficult to aquire)
In her travels she passes the paladin on several occasions and notices he is now in chain mail and every so often is holding and tossing a small smooth pebble. She quickly straightens her face and nods politely to him on each of these occasions.

Cynil also sees Sam quietly conversing with the halfling and is glad, it is good to see the quiet giant opening up with others. He has kept to himself far too long and that is not healthy.

Having aquired her items she will return to her and Sam's quarters where she will purify herself the best she can under the circumstances and grind up (using the bowl and mug or the mortar and pestle) small portions of dragons blood to promote sensitivity, with black pepper and capsicum for protection from outside influences, a pinch of sea salt to bring her in better harmony with the power she is going to attempt to touch. Carefully moistening the mix with a few drops of cedar oil she then sets it aside with the pinch of tobacco. Now she will light a candle annoint herself with lavender and slip into a light meditative trance before it.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Follow the leader
Posted on 1/22/2006 at 6:17:39 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson replies, "It will be as you ask. No one will touch you other than I and only when it needs to be done."

He wears just a simple rig on ship but carries the sword at all times.

He follows her on her whole journey to make sure no one gave her a hard time.

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

A bit of progress
Posted on 1/22/2006 at 7:49:16 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cor, like all other dwarves, was not keen on boat travel. Unlike other dwarves, however, he had his disciplines to keep him sane while the ship pitched and the moist air threatened to grow mold in his beard. Unlike Magma he found it easier to deal with the situation while on deck and in the fresh air (salty though it may be). He found it interesting to engage in theological discussion with the sailors whom he could corner what with their belief in the power of the sea and his counter theology in Odin's strength. He never baited them beyond what he felt they could endure, but it helped pass the time.

On occasion he felt it necessary to check in on Conall. With so little room aboard ship he didn't want the lad to feel isolated. And then there was Magma... it took a while for Cor to feel settled enough to put on a brave face and visit the cabin-bound dwarf. After all, he couldn't very well have the fellow thinking he couldn't take the voyage if he were to be offering support now could he?

Just as the sun were setting and his reading light waning, Cor rolled up his scripture and tucked it back into his scroll case. Rolling from his perch tucked between the railings of the bow he stumbled against the sudden pitch and growled under his breath at the imagined insult. Straightening his tunic he took a deep breath of salt air and made his way below deck, giving a nod to any within the party or sailors of the ship he encountered along the way.

Stomping down the stairs he used the railing for support and soon found himself before the door of Magma's shared room.

"Magma, lad," Cor rapped on the door with his thick knuckle. "You in there? Care for a bit of company?"

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

We have so much time and so little to do
Posted on 1/23/2006 at 3:41:26 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall passed his time just watching and pondering the power of the seas that man thinks he has control over. He watches Ulthok and Samson engage in some talk about the dark arcane arts and then Ulthok move through the riggings of the ship as if he were a spider in a web. He watched as Samson engaged haply about the arts but notice Samson after some time became uncomfortable but what made him so Conall did not know and cared not to pry into ones life who is of such a large stature, best to stay on Samson’s good side. Word spread about Ulthok’s small gathering.

On those occasions when Conall made his way to the room of Magma and Alasdair for what ever reason he would always offer the good dwarf Magma a draw of his wine skin that unlike many humans kept if full of dwarven ale. It seemed the good brother Cor’s taste in ale was beginning to grow on the Paladin. Several times Conall would give up a quiet word to Odin to watch out for Magma, he was strong and would come through what must be the hardest part of the journey for the strong dwarf.

Now during this entire goings on there was one that always seems to catch the eye of Conall but was never around when he found himself looking for this person. Cynil Shadowdancer, when ever she and Conall passed onboard the ship there was something odd but Conall could not put his finger on it (typical male). Conall found the small smooth pebble on his hand several times and he could not say why. He also notice she was up to something but what goes on in a druid’s mind Conall did not pretend to know nor did he even want to begin to try to understand but as she did these things Samson was always keeping a watchful eye on her. He is a good friend indeed and as such Conall knew no harm would come to either of them as the two moved about the ship. ‘What is that smell, herbs and the smell of a meadow drift on the wind from time to time. What is she upto?’ Conall thought to himself as the sent caught his attention.

Now as all this was going on and Conall moved about he would often stop close to Brother Cor as he engaged in banter with the sailors and others of the group and words played back and fourth about Odin and his great powers. Conall would often smile at the words and the knowledge his brethren held on such subject mater. Conall would often pass Cor a wine skin for such talk would often make one parch. During on of these passing, “Brother Cor have you heard the news of Ulthok and his gathering after dinner? I have an idea, if you would see to Magma and push… no that is a hard word perhaps persuade him to join us and I will find a keg of dwarven ale if there be one on this floating wooden barge and then the three of us will drink and find words together.” with that Conall went to find the cook and to see if a keg of something could be had.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Moving Onward
Posted on 1/23/2006 at 6:13:05 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thoughts were running through his head, as Alasdair left Lady Althena's cabin. So much it seemed, that he nearly ran Conall over in his haste. He was follishly surprised when Conall confronted him about what had just transpired. No malice was in his words, just geniune concern for friends and for their mission. Reaching out to accept Conall's offered wineskin, he then replied, "My good friend Conall, rest assured that I've no desire to hurt Lady Althena or to risk loosing site of our mission. Thought admittedly, when I first met her... I never knew the importance that she might represent to all of Shantarra." With a deep drink from the wineskin, he then continued, "With that said I am glad it was you who witnessed our 'conversation.' For I trust in your ability to be discreet as well, for her honor is also at stake, and I would not want that to be called into question... But enough of romance we had the others to attend to and a ship's defense to ensure. I've been remise in my duties, shall we tour the ship and make note of its defenses should they be needed?"

As they walk about the ship, Alasdair is off to see the captain to coordinate the defenses of the ship and to offer their assistance. Many a thing still ran through his mind, but of their mission was the focus. Once landed in the port city of Chard Rush on the coast of Ravenshorn, they would head overland on the most perilous part of their journey. By horse they would ride North to the river city of Star Falls within the Dwarven land of Erebor. Later by river boats, they would then continue Northward, through the lands of Erebor, Callahorn, Rodruin, and finally into Greymark. Through the Silver Mountains, across the Silver Lake, into the forests of Rodruin and into the woods of Greymark. The location of the final hiding place still kept secret from all for the moment. Much could happen during this long trek and both Conall and the entire Special Guards had their sworn duty to protect Lady Althena, for only she could carry the ancient sword to have it destroyed.

With these thoughts on his mind, Alasdair was glad to receive Ulthok's invitation for some revelry and fun. Such, he hoped, would strenghten their bonds and trust. "Aye indeed Master Ulthok, I shall be happy to attend and share a few laughs," answers Alasdair when ask to attend.

Later he returned to his own cabin to clean up and change out of his armor. With clean clothes, his bracers and other magical defenses to protect him, he would be happy to be out of his armor and able to feel the sea winds. Reaching out to bucle on his sword and dagger, he looked to Magma and asked "How are you feeling? Ye seem a bit restless and under the weather, my short bearded friend. Perhaps I may be able to assist ye in diminishing thy discomfort whilst aboard ship?"

OOC - If Magma allows Alasdair to assist him with his being able to get his sea-legs, he will use the psionic power of Psychic Surgery to remove Magma's phobia/aversion to being at sea.


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:20:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


The Strait of Aladron (TRILOGY WAR POST number #1000)

Tann'Talas
Moderator
Posts: 412
Reply | Edit

The Strait of Aladron (post#1000)
Posted on 1/23/2006 at 10:22:52 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is post #1000 of the Trilogy war thanks to everyone for being here on this day.)

And so with the departure from the island Arcane it was that the Stalwart did head for the strait of Aladron and the most dangerous phase of the sea journey. The sea’s were calm the sky again a nice blue..But all that would soon change....

During the next few days a gathering of sorts took place the originator none other the Halfling Ulthok himself, all of the party did so attend and a good time was had by all. Cynil herself did a test with the sea try, its outcome as yet unknown by anyone. During this time of friendship and camaraderie the sea and sky were filled with beauty as if the Stalwart sailed through a paradise.
A week and a half of travel later and the horn shaped eastern tip of the Island of Cirith Ungol passed the strait of Aladron they did enter.

To the party’s growing sense of danger within a day after entering the strait the sea and sky began to change, the waters becoming a brackish dark blue, the sky above a cloud infested gray. The crew well aware of the malady of the strait began to strapping down all equipment to the Stalwarts deck, advising the party to do the same with any and all loose gear of their own. They knew having traveled here before that a storm surely did approach.

Only mere hours after the word was given as if an omen a storm did appear, almost as if summoned by magic. The once calm sea’s became violent, the sky turned black as night though yet midday laced with the color of lighting bolts.
The ship itself though sturdy and built for war was tossed about as if flipping a coin, the sea at times overflowing its decks, the loss of items not tied down a sure thing. The wind in the Stalwarts sails seemingly trying not to help propel her across the sea to safety, but trying more then not to move the ship to its destruction.

Then it happened as some sailors did surely know, a wave over the ship did rise and one of their own overboard did go. Before his cry of help could be answered the sailor was lost to the raging sea and with him too did go the Stalwarts main mast and sails. Its speed very much decreased, the waves ever more stronger and a with a cry of a hull breach the Stalwart in danger of sinking was found to be.

Then as if laughing at their plight the skies did clear and the sea did calm and all on board found that into the so called eye of the storm they had entered. In the distance yet around the ship the storm continued to rage, and taking water below decks and no wind or sails to move her the Stalwart was sinking slowly below the waves....

(OOC: Ok a relatively short post as I have heard through the grapevine that most of my posts are too long. ()

So as it stands right now lady and gents the Stalwart is missing her main mast, dead in the water for the most part, and slowly sinking beneath you. Up to you to decide to try to save her, take to the life boats or to do something else. Just remember at present your in the calm of the eye of the storm it will not last. Good Luck.

Also Cynil I was not able to get in contact so please send an email telling me what exactly it is your doing. I will have the characters updated this week on scrolls and such.

Also on the 17 unidentified scrolls carried by Ulthok I boo boo’d and am not sure if they were found separate from the other 9 or if the 9 ID”d were a part of the 17. Sorry all a lot has been going on in Real life and I have lapsed on some things but bare with me and everything will be fixed.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:23:48.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


98

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

To fly or die.
Posted on 1/24/2006 at 2:39:56 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulthok was happy to see all of the party members having a good time at his imprompt tp party.He felt it was good for all for he was sure things would change soon, and his feelings where about to prove correct.

Shortly after his gathering the ship runs into a terribale storm that throws one salior overboard and then proceeds to tear the ship apart.They manage to make it through the first part of the storm but the ship now seems doomed.The main masts are broken and down and she is taking on water and sinking.They must act fast to save either the ship or at least themselves.With the back side of the storm looming in the distance Ulthok goes below to survay the damage and see if there is antthing that can be done to stop the water from coming in.

OOC: He wants to see how large the cracks or holes that are letting in the water are and if any repairs are possable.

BIC: Finding where the water is comong in Ulthok calls out for Cynil the druid.CYNIL as a druid do you not have control over wood in some way , maybe you can expand or warp the wood of the ship to stop the water from coming in Please let us know if you can help.

Scurring back top side he looks at the destroyed mast and sails and they are hopeless.They do have life boats but the idea of facing the rest of the storm in those small craft held no real promise of escape.So calling on his little used but ever present familar Omensma he asks the Great Horned Owl to see if she could find out how far it would be to the other side of the raging storm and if that puts them still in water or on land.Hoping the mighty owl could fly above the raging malstrom and give him some bearing on what lies just beyond Ulthok is trying to forulate an escape plan.If they can not stop the ship from sinking they need a way off Ulthok wonders if the three mages combined would have enough power to teleport them their gear and a life boat to the other side of the storm, maybe a possability.

so as he waits for Cynil down below and his owl to return Ulthok watches as the storm draws closer with each passing second.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Wet? Where is my soap?
Posted on 1/24/2006 at 7:13:37 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall enjoys the down time and it passes to fast. As the ship sailed on the warning went out that a storm approaches so Conall went below and secured all his gear and removed the last of his armor but kept his sword handy. He also took an empty barrel and placed it topside and secured it to the main rail.

The storm then raged and all seemed total chaos then as soon as it hit all fell calm. It was then Conall got word the loss of life and the main sail had accrued. Then the news he longed not to hear came to him. Ulthok was down below seeing if anything could be done about the water flowing into the hull of the ship. As Ulthok did what he could Conall sought out the captain so see if he could lend a hand to the one who knew more than any onboard what needed to be done to save the sinking ship.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Escape
Posted on 1/24/2006 at 8:51:21 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says to Cynil, "Not sure what I can do to save the ship but if I can see land I can save us two. You have any ideas?"

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Saving the Ship...
Posted on 1/25/2006 at 8:16:11 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not being a seaman himself, Alasdair knew trouble when he saw it. For while the crew of the Stalwart had fear in their eyes, his friends must use their own knowledge and powers to save them and their ship. Hearing of the beached hull, both Ulthok and himself thought of Lady Cynil. He quickly called out to her, "M'lady Cynil now would be a good time to calm this storm for good and mend the wooden hull beneath us. While those of us with strength may aid the ship's crew, I think that our spell caster should set about and heal the ship and its crew, for the storm will be upon us again. Think not of the life boats, for they would surely be sunk in such a storm."

Looking about the ship, he quickly see Lord Conall, "See to Althena's safety and we shall see to the ship and her crew, stay close to her side should things go worse instead of getting better."

"Though teleporting would be a great way to leave, I don't think that we could get enough people to safety that way. So lets get creative and see how we might be able to keept this ship afloat and through the next half of the storm. Lady Cynil is there any way to dispell the storm or lessen its strength?" asked Alasdair.

Lastly he will return to his cabin and try to secure all his gear and tether it to something which should float. Best to be prepared he thought to himself.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Cynil
Posted on 1/26/2006 at 4:40:35 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says, "If I can save us all I will. If not I will not let her die no matter how much she may hate me afterwards!"

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Change of plans
Posted on 1/26/2006 at 1:55:56 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Conall was seeking the captain he spied Alasdair and heard his words, "See to Althena's safety and we shall see to the ship and her crew, stay close to her side should things go worse instead of getting better."

Conall heard this and with a nod changed his final destination to where the Lady Althena was. Conall went to her cabin after stopping by his own cabin to grab his own bundle. There he secured his own things next to hers and then would not leave her side until danger was passed. While in his own cabin he exchanged some words with his brethren Cor. “Brother, I am going to the side of the Lady Althena. If things do not go well look for us on deck, I will do all I can for you if a swim we are to take. Conall then stopped and look dead into the face of Cor, “May Odin keep you safe to the journeys end.” He then gave his own wine skin to Cor and moved on.

As side note… While Conall was moving into the belly of the ship he passed the Lady Cynil Shadowdancer and he paused, just an ever so slight paused but a pause none the less. Why did Conall do this? He himself could not tell but he saw the Mighty Sam close at her side he knew the two would be safe.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Concentrating
Posted on 1/27/2006 at 1:16:51 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warp wood is the only spell she has, and although it can be turned to "straighten wood" she is not sure it will do anything for the shattered timbers below decks.
Sending her senses deep into the ocean below, she starts to sing softly sending out tendrils of power seeking the denizens of the deep. Using animal summoning 1 she seeks and calls whales, a pod of 8 should be able to keep the ship afloat and guide it to saftey. Hands dancing as she sings she moves to the bow of the ship, if she cannot reach humpback whales, she will try blues, then belugas.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Guard
Posted on 1/27/2006 at 5:28:44 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says nothing but watches over Cynil making sure no one and I mean no one disturbs her until she is done.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Mending the ship
Posted on 1/27/2006 at 8:26:12 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"M'Lady Haila, might ye be able to use your magic to 'mend' the ship's hull or perhaps someone has a 'wall of force spell' that could be used to plug up the hole in the side," says Alasdair as he darts back on deck. Seeing Lady Cynil in concentration he knows that she is attempting some feat which might help them stay afloat.

Then to the ships's captain he was off to see. Quickly relating the various efforts of his own party he then said, "In a time like this ye need all the assistance ye may have at yer disposal. So what might we be able to do whilst still in the eye of the storm? Have yer crew assessed the actual damage to the hull? How badly is it breached?"

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

A Worthless Dwarf
Posted on 1/28/2006 at 5:07:44 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the storm hit Cor took a deep breath and tried to steady his nerves. A thought flickered to mind as people began to scramble in order to deal with the things that people did on board a ship caught in such a trial. Had his jesting with the crew about the powers of the divine been taken too seriously by the ocean gods? His lips persed beneath his mustaches, the priest peered across the table at Magma, concern overpowering his own discomfort.

"It's just a storm, right?" he said, playing at building the other dwarf's confidence through forcing him to reassure another. "Just a storm..."

The priest remained as outwardly calm as he could while the storm built in its rage. When the sailor was washed overboard the red-haired dwarf offered up a prayer to Odin to accept the man's soul. That's when things got worse surprisingly while the sky cleared.

"The ships' taking water!" That was the cry that froze the heart in the knight-priest's chest. His eyes sought Conall's, not sure of what he'd find there. They shared a brief moment of uncertainty and then the instincts of those who risked their lives daily caused them to leap to action.

While the paladin rushed off to find the captain, Cor shored up his courage and went for the door determined to find a way around this dilemma. His mind scoured the prayers he had on hand and he felt a little ashamed at the inability to help through by calling directly on Odin's Boon.

Staggering up the stairs, Cor burst onto the deck and into the salt air. Everything was wet; wetter than it'd been the whole of the journey thus far. He sniffed, scanned the activity. Everyone seemed to be quick about their duties and the priest saw nothing he could do to help--in fact, he felt more as though he were going to be in the way should he stay. Returning below, he rushed to his bunk and began to try and figure out a way to secure his and Conall's gear. It seemed to be a hopeless effort. The armor would sink and pull whoever was wearing it down with it... such a waste.

The door opened and the paladin entered.

"There's not much we can do about this." Cor motioned towards the heavy equipment he had arranged on the bottom bunk. "It'll drown us for certain should we try to carry it with us."

Conall seemed to have already accepted this. "Brother, I am going to the side of the Lady Althena. If things do not go well look for us on deck, I will do all I can for you if a swim we are to take." Conall then looked deathly serious. "May Odin keep you safe to the journey's end."

Cor accepted the wine skin with a formality befitting a religious ceremony. "Yes, Conall. Go to her side, for that is the mission. May Odin's Strength be yours, my friend."

With a sigh, the dwarf priest watched the paladin exit the room. There wasn't much more he could do where he was, so Cor proceeded back on deck and used his strength to help secure lines, ditch unwanted debre, and ready the ship for the approaching storm while Cynil made her plea to the whales.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

There are no Dwarf sailors
Posted on 1/28/2006 at 6:56:24 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's just a storm, right?" Cor said. "Just a storm..."

Magma was tossed out of his chair and hit the floor. Only, floors don’t normally have portholes fixtures for candles so the dwarf became aware quickly that something was wrong. Then the ship shifted violently again and the floor returned to the proper place with Magma landing upon it with an undignified grunt. Oh Odin! This be it! Let me die fighting some vile beast of the deep, not drown nowhere near the earth I come from

Then came the cry of hull breach. It seems that Odin is not without a sense of irony

Magma wasn’t going to die without a fight. He was dressed for battle as he always did, and he was well aware that his armour could kill him. But being a dwarf, he’d go straight down to the bottom if he was decked out in feathers. If they were going for lifeboats then he’d be ready to go. If a sea monster wanted to eat him, he’d give ‘em indigestion for sure! Perhaps the spellslingers could whip up so arcane magic or the god grovelers could beg for a miracle. Magma was gonna take any …port in the storm to keep alive.

Thinking of which, he called out for Alasdair and Conall. He went on deck, but it was chaos, water pouring down everywhere. Magma was no sailor but seeing that the main mast was missing gave him a clue as to the situation. We be without foundation! That’s not good!

He saw Cor was on deck, rushing back to the rooms. He followed the knight cleric of Odin, thinking that he better grab his own gear if they were taking to lifeboats. If they survived this, they didn’t want to be on some foreign shore with not but a few axes.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Freeze Please
Posted on 1/30/2006 at 2:21:26 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing Ulthok hates to do is wait around feeling helpless but right now that is how he feels.Watching as everyone does what they can to stop the sinking ship, he waits for his owls return with information on the storm, how far away is it, how far to the other calm side.None of the magic he possesses seems to be helpfull right now outside of being able to teleport some of them away he feels useless.

Maybe he wonders the water coming into the ship could be frozen to act as a block and keep out the rest at least for awhile giving them more time to act.He searches out Halia to see if she could freeze the water.


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:28:45.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Beware the Black Sails

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Beware the Black Sails
Posted on 1/31/2006 at 3:51:42 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Stalwart in trouble, a party of Adventures mayhap to lifeboats cursed. A crew using anything at hand to keep the warship afloat

As the Stalwarts crew fought a losing battle vs. the power of flooding water rushing through the 10’ by 5’ foot hole below the ships water line. The members of the party did what they could to help, but in the end the act of one of the newest members was the key. Without any warning the rush of water into the ship ended as the Stalwart was lifted out of the water entirely, a pair of blue whales the cause.
The crew not caring why or how did at once place a wooden patch over the breach, nailing it firmly into place. As a means of helping, the Fighter/Mage Haila, did turn the water surrounding the door into a seal of ice further strengthening the wooden patch.

Within only 15 minutes the boat yet held aloft by the whales summoned by Cynil was mostly drained of water and ready to be placed once again in the sea. As all did breath a sigh of relief the cry of a deck bound sentry’s call was heard

"Sails to the front, 4 ships approach!!"

From out of the storm 4 ships had come, without a main mast, the sentry normally at its top into the sea gone, and with most of the crew below no one had at first seen their approach. Each ship 3 masts they had, all the color of the blackest night moving fast the Stalwart their prey. The Paladin Conall no need had he of his power to Detect Evil for all felt as a wave of evil did sweep over the boat. The odds 4 to 1 with the Stalwarts speed slowed by no main mast and only a single secondary still standing. Here in the eye of a yet raging storm around them, a naval battle was too be fought.

(OOC: Ok players of mine RD 1 has started, you guys have the next 3 rounds to act before they are in catapult range against you and you against them, Good Luck.


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:30:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


99

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

"Ouch" my head...
Posted on 1/31/2006 at 3:03:52 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall and the Lady Althena found an out of the way spot to watch as repairs were being done to the hull of the ship and water was drained. As control seemed to fall upon the war ship a wave of evil fell upon Conall as he grabbed his head and reached out the Lady Althena there to help steady him, “What is it Conall Glendower, what cause you this pain?”

Conall need not give an answer, as now the evil was strong enough to make even the hair on the less sensitive ships crewman look out ward. With a look of much haste and concern Conall looked at the Lady Althena “To your cabin and get your gear ready for combat.”

With a guiding hand Conall put the Lady Althena in font of himself and the two went to her cabin with much haste. Once inside Conall got his gear from when he placed it in her room incase the ship sank he place his chain portion of his armor on and then turned to the Lady Althena, “I know not what is on its way to use but I think I would rather be topside than trapped in these halls and rooms under deck. We will return here if whatever is to happen topside goes against us. Also I think one such as your self standing facing the evil that approaches might give hope and courage to the ships crew to also stand and not flee into the sea. I also wish to give banter to Cor as the evil approaches, I think in a strange way it will put him at ease. Now if you are ready let us go.” placing the lady in front of himself once more and holding her close he reaches over her shoulder and opens the door and then moves into the hall way and pushes his way down the hall.

A quick pause by his own cabin to see if Cor is inside… (If so, “Come little brother, or I fear you will miss the fun topside.”)

Once topside Conall and the Lady Althena steps to the left of the open door…

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Naval battle to be had...
Posted on 1/31/2006 at 4:37:46 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quickly assessing the danger that the approaching ships represented, he called out to his comrades, "Special Guards rally, for we have a ship to defend. On behalf of the ship's Captain and myself, I give thaniks for the quick thinking that has saved the ship. Now we must ready orselves for its defense as yonder black sails are doubtfully intent on giving us assistance," said Alasdair in a jovial tone. "Armor yourselves as ye see fit, but remember that we are still afloat. For myself, I will forgo my plate armor. The odds for this battle would shift greatly in our favor if we were able to destroy or turn away a few of their ships before they were in range of their catapults and balliste," said Alasdair...

While still in thought, he continued, "M'Lady Cynil, do you think that the whales which just gave us some assistance might be persuaded to overturn yonder ships or nudge them way off course? Perhaps the Stalwart could be pulled by the whales or other creations? Though not wishing them harm, could you summon a wind storm and reverse the winds direction and push the approaching ships away from us?" Alasdair calmly asked.

Then he turn to the others, "If our magics can not safely get us away from this coming battle, we shall indeed embrace the fray and make the approaching enemy wish that they had stayed in port this day. I would think that 'fireballs', 'lightning bolts', and a perhaps while 'warp wood' would not have helped the Stalwart's hull, it might be used to caused their own hulls to warp and leak?? Perhaps taking on water and endanger themselves the ships would be least than inclined to give chase. While I have many ideas on how to proceed, I welcome any suggestions from you all," said Alasdair as he hoped that someone would also shares their ideas.

To Conall he now turned, "While these five ships might yet be locked in battle, stay by her side. Like the King, I also do trust in your sword and in your courage. Defend her well and I shall look to the ship and its defense. Now excuse me for a moment and I wish to discuss arrangements with the ship's Caption," finished Alasdair as he walked off in the direction of the Captian.

To the Captian he says, "Greetings, we had hoped that this day would have ended as calmly as it started. But the storm and yonder pirates do not seem so inclined. I have seen to it that the Special Guards are indeed prepared and ready to defend this ship and desire to corridinate our effort with that of your valiant crew. While not being seaman ourselves, we know that we can not currently outrun the approaching ships, so we will seek to do what we may to destroy or damage a few while yet out of range of the ships' normal weapons. If you have a plan, now is the time to share it with us," finished Alasdair with an outstretched hand, the hand offered in friendship and support.

OOC: When the ships get closer and in range of his Psionic Powers - Alasdair will reach out with his psionic powers to try and determine the # of the enemy aboard each of the approaching ships, as well as, also determining if there are other creatures aboard which might be more dangerous. Later, he will use the Psionic Power of Life Detection and when the ships are in range of his abilities, he will then use the powers of Contact (distance - line of sight) and Domination (distance - 30 yards) on the first two ship's pilots/navigators and seek to have them steer their ships into the other ships or two turn about and head the other way at the most opportune moment. While this might not sink either of the ships, if should spoil any attacks being made by them and cause alot of confusion.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

Enough, no one messes
Posted on 1/31/2006 at 8:03:54 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson says, "Enough, no one messes with the life of my friend Cynil!"

He hands his new sword to Cynil, "Hold this for me!" He hands it to her then crouches on one knee and assumes a strength posture and lifts off the deck at a rapid rate zooming towards the enemy ships (fly spell). He readies one of his fireball spells to set it off and get as many evil ships in one blast as possible.

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Alas
Posted on 2/1/2006 at 3:20:32 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir Alasdair, warp wood is only good when they get within 10 yards, Good sir I respect your wish not to cause them harm, however you may wish to consider, 4 heavily armed ships converging on this ship all at once, this is no coincidence, we have been betrayed. This storm is most likely abnormal. If the lady Halia perchance has a dispel magic spell might it disperse the storm? or could the paladin conall sense if the storms roots are unnatural?

Quickly while sam is yet in range she casts Bless upon the entire party and tries to include the whales, spinning she sings and flings droplets of holy water from a vial she has pulled from the pouch at her waist (containing a small portion of each of her herbs incense ingrediants and all her spell components)

She watches Sam fly off and is desperately worried for him, she had thought he was improving but the minute danger reared its head he withdrew again to the idea that it was him and her against the world. She fears that his action is impetuous and possibly suicidal. Damning the ones who had so mistreated him, she prays desperately that her spell caught him while still in range, and promises that if he makes it back ok, she will set about getting him to befriend and relax with the company. (after she tears a strip off him for frightening her so)

As she turns back to the whales seeking to ask their aid against the ships she spots the paladin looking at her again. *Conall* her mind whispers, shaking her head in annoyance (this is no time to be woolgathering) she wonders if she has enough left in her to conjure a fire elemental? Whales first fire elemental if they get within 80 yards.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Battle plans
Posted on 2/1/2006 at 3:40:55 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"M'Lady Cynil, I totally agree with you that the circumstances we're now in is no mere coincidence. Whether we have been betrayed or spyed upon is what we will seek to discover at a later time. I appreciate your making me aware of the limitation of your 'warp wood' spell. In the future I shall remember that and not make such a seemingly foolish suggestion," says Alasdair with a smile, glad that Cynil was quick on her feet and with her own wit.

To the others he calls, "Seems our young friend Samson is intent on all the glory today. I for one think we all deserve a share," jests Alasdair. "It doth seem that I shall need a few items from my cabin to join the coming battle," he says as he makes a quick dash to his cabin to retrieve his shield, bow and other items. He makes the decision to leave his heavy metal armor below deck and trusts that the combined protection from his various magical items will be enough for this battle.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Hello! Conall… Huston we have a problem
Posted on 2/1/2006 at 7:36:12 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
… “I think this place is as good as any to see what we might do if anything. If they press close I would ask that we slip below where I might fight them in a more confine space, or over this side if the battle goes very poorly.” the ships deck then becomes alive with movement and action.

Alasdir then calls upon all to make ready and for those who may do something at range to do it. It was then Samson did something quite unique and unexpected. The mighty giant hands his sword to the Lady Cynil Shadowdancer and with some parting words took off like a might eagle and headed off in the direction of the four approaching ships. It was then he seemed to just stand and watch as one worthy of honor, drove deep into the heart of a battle not yet begun. It was then Cynil turned and paused for just a second and Conall could hear… no sense a word… or more like a feeling rush over him “hey stupid close your mouth and get your head back in the battle” Conall shook off the feeling of amazement and felt helpless until battle came close and then he would still be hampered by the duty of make sure the one was safe.

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

Chips-a-hoy!--er--Ships
Posted on 2/2/2006 at 10:35:22 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cor looked up from the rope he was securing to the rail at the warning of the incoming vessels. His brow furrowed and his stomach churned when the wave of evil rolled over him. It was no doubt that these blasted ships were from the vile country. Turning from his task the dwarf reached into his pouch and produced his Ring of Protection. Placing this on his finger he hoisted his Rod of Smiting and made his way to the side of the ship that would most likely be receiving the enemy first.

"Conall," he called. "These are the essence of evil that approach. Take a stand there," the knight-priest pointed to a space further down the deck placing the paladin in a spot where his aura of protection would border the one Cor was about to create. "And I shall call upon the great Odin's aid."

Whether Conall takes heed or not, Cor takes his holy symbol in one hand; then raises both hands in the air and calls out in a loud voice. "Mighty Odin, grant us thy favor. Smile upon us and protect us from the blackness that sails our way!"

(OOC: Cor will cast Protection From Evil 10' Radius).

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

shucks
Posted on 2/3/2006 at 7:45:38 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samson was might pissed at first that something else was going wrong after they just got through a scrape. He thinked he heard Cynil object before he flew off but the anger won that round. After a second or two to think he changes course and goes back to thier ship. A second before he turns back he tries to make out any detail he can on the approaching ships.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

We are waiting for them, right?
Posted on 2/5/2006 at 7:08:31 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flying horses, floating death traps, sinking ships and blue whales – It was enough to upset the most stalwart of dwarves and Magma was no exception. He’d asked Odin for salvation and here it was in the forms of four sails heading their way.

“AYE! This be a fight I can sink my axe into! Bring them on because there is one dwarf here that is mad as hell and looking to spread it around! If I’m gonna die like a drowned rat, then I will die fighting at least.”

Magma readies himself with axes in harness and shield slung onto his back. He awaits a proper range to use the crossbow of speed, and prepares with two extra quarrel stuck point down into the deck, for easy draw and reload.

“Cor my brethren, let us stand side by side against these foes and make them regret the day they decided to cross paths with the likes of dwarves!”

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

Crawl, Walk, Stand or Die
Posted on 2/6/2006 at 2:23:29 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall stood as the call to arms went out. He pause for a second and then decided that the Lady Althena could hold her own and if this was going to find an end that was pleasing to all she would have to hold her own sooner or later… “Althena Sunblayze you are with me, fallow close.” with that Conall moved up with the Lady Sunblazye behind him and to his left. He then with sword still sheathed looked at the Lady Sunblazye, “If this does not go well and they make it to the deck watch my movement. We will fall back to the door and from there we can then go into the water or below where you may be kept safe. Be well.” Conall then took his place in the line next to Cor to expand the protection. He would try to put Magma between the two of them so he may also reap the benefit of the protection. “Let us send these devils back into the storm where they seem to come from. The sea will run read with their blood and may the sharks dine upon the flesh of those who appose us! Odin wishes it so!” Conall grabbed his axe and held for range, as the rhythmic chiming of his chain mail rang out as he stood waiting.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Take the battle to them.
Posted on 2/6/2006 at 4:56:05 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No sooner do they get the ship repaired enough to stay afloat than another problem arises.This one may be even more dangerous than the ship sinking.Seems the storm may have been from an unnatural source to cover the arrival of 4 dark ships on a course to intercept us.

From Conall's reaction to the appearence of the four ships there is no doubt of their evil intentions so next is what to do about them.At first Samson flies off in a rage as if to attack all 4 on his own but he soon returns somewhat calmed.Ulthok tries to find out on his retun if he got any information on who or what was approaching just to be sure of their evil intent.He does not want to start an attack if they are wrong about the four approaching ships.Everyone else it seems is taking up positions along the ships sides where they might get first shots at the approaching ships.

He heard a good idea when someone asked Cynil if she could direct the whales to attack the approaching ships,there are more than one story of a ship being sunk by whale attacks.

OOC:Once again I am at a crossroads as to what I want to do since my computer crash i lost all the books I had stored and have no info on my spell limititions.What is the largest size creature as a mage I can polymorph myself into.I think you can figure out what I want if the whales can't or won't help us I intend to do the task myself,maybe with the help of the other mages who can polymorph.Maybe we can keep some of the ships from ever reaching us.

BIC:Running about the ship finding both Halia and Samson he puts forth his idea of them polymorphing and trying to sink some of the ships before they get closer if the plan is possable that is what he would like to do if he can not make himself large enough to do any damage then he will fall back on plan # 2.

I still think we need to take the attack to them before they reach us Samson had the right idea so my next idea is to polymorph myself into any small winged humanoid type creature so I can fly but still be able to preform the nessecery actions to cast spells once in this form I will fly out to within range of the first ship then I will cast lighting aiming the blast into the base of their main mast in an attempt to splinter it and topple it and with any luck taking out a few enemies as well.

Ulthok will be wearing only his protective body suit and his rings and amulet leaving any heavy weapons and such on board the ship where he can retrive it when he returns just in case he ends up swimming.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 97
Reply | Edit

a water present
Posted on 2/6/2006 at 9:38:05 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC sorry about this post just have a min or to type, so it not going to be all I wanted but will give my ideas


As I reach the upper deck, sailor and deck hand start a whirlwind of action in prepare the ship for battle.

If the whale of Haila can’t help I will use my ring to talk/call out to the sea ( the creature in the sea) and asking for it aid us in the impending bloodshed and mayhem, such a battle would providing free food as the bodies fall into the chaotic waters of the dreadful storm. If the creature can’t heard my since I am on deck, I will ask Haila if I can use her pearl to help me to move and breath in the water as I will try to use the water as a conduit to broadcast my message for aid. If allow I will tie a rope to me and jump in to the water leave my bow and arrow on broad and place my new mace inside of my girdle pouch. Afterwards I will pull my self up if no answer and prepare for the attack; otherwise I will try to direct the action from the water if that need arises.

With that I help the sailor ready there artillery in quest to bring down few of the sea before they can engage, or a least slow them down. I would all so remind them that taking one of there boat might be beneficial since our mast is damage and no shape to continue to our destination on time. When the ships get in missile range I will use my bow and try to take out the helmsmen with flaming arrow so the ship will drift until replace which would then in turn be shot at again. Hehe
Ooc: I know the mast is no longer standing but is it still on broad, float next to us being drag by ropes. I was thinking a mend spell might work or warp wood might be useful to fix it

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Prepared for battle
Posted on 2/6/2006 at 11:07:28 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon returning to the deck of the ship Alasdair quickly approaches Lady Althena and gives her a gentle hug. Without speaking a word to her, he turns to Conall and says, "May your sword arm and courage get ye both safely through the coming battle." After which he moves off to be nearer to the ship's captain in an effort to help coordinate the defenses and to show the crew that have have our support as well. Loosening his sword and dagger in their respective sheaths, he then sets the quiver down, and readies an arrow loosely in his bow, waiting for the enemy to come into range.


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:33:22.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


A Call to shipboard Arms

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

A call to shipboard Arms
Posted on 2/7/2006 at 4:46:23 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC: Ok just a quick note on Range’s. The range at the beginning of round 1 to the 4 black sailed ships is 1/2 mile... Ships will be in catapult/ballista weapon range in 3 rounds, bow ranges in 5 rounds, and if they actually get close enough, boarding/melee range in 8 rounds. This post covers only the actions of Rd 1, some character posts included more then just 1 action.)


With the sighting of the 4 black sailed ships the party having just avoided one danger faced yet another.

Conall as was his charge saw to the Lady Althena first placing her safely in her cabin. Then with 2nd thoughts he asked her to follow him and together they both moved to the Stalwarts deck weapons at the ready. The Paladin armed with sword and shield, the Lady Althena with a crossbow to hand, daggers sheathed at her hips and a Quarterstaff by her side both did stand ready.

The danger of the ships not lost to the party’s leader, Alasdair as was his way did call out to all.

"Special Guards rally, for we have a ship to defend. On behalf of the ship's Captain and myself, I give thanks for the quick thinking that has saved the ship. Now we must ready ourselves for its defense as yonder black sails are doubtfully intent on giving us assistance. Armor yourselves as ye see fit, but remember that we are still afloat. For myself, I will forgo my plate armor. The odds for this battle would shift greatly in our favor if we were able to destroy or turn away a few of their ships before they were in range of their catapults and ballista"

With a word to both Cynil and Conall he moved off to speak with the Stalwarts Captain.

Then to everyone’s amazement Samson the Giant did cast the spell of fly and move to the ships, at the halfway point of his half movement he realized his mistake and turned back.
But in his brief moment of insanity he saw many archers, men in full armor, and robed figures upon each ship ready to fight, but of what race too far to clearly see. A haze seemingly covering each ship like a light fog.

Cynil watching as her best friend did leap to danger did cast Bless upon him hoping it would help keep him safe yet was pleased to see him turn away. Then the beautiful forest druid having been lucky to gain the help of the whales yet below the ship, did turn to them and with a command did send them towards the enemy ships.

The dwarf Cor knowing that great evil did approach called out to his friend and semi-pupil as the where to stand. Positioning himself as to catch as many as possible within its effect he does cast Protection from Evil in a 10 foot radius. Hoping that this will help all to fight better.

Magma himself no lover of sea travel and surely not one to ever have thought of getting on a boat was now more then ready to throw off his discomfort and get back to his first love the slaying of evil. With Cor his fellow dwarf beside him, Magma did stand ready to shed blood. For this moment in time, his loathing of the sea forgotten.

Ulthok not sure what to do but yet with an idea to mind moves this round to seek the advice of the other party mages. His idea to polymorph themselves into creatures of water put forth to them and his actions for the first round over.

Next to act was Af’til who up till now had seemed invisible as if not even on the boat, did once again make his presence known. His moment of quiet solitude forgotten and seeing Cynil’s whales on the move, did quickly move to help the Stalwarts crew to ready the ships ballista. His help quite welcome indeed.

With that the first round for the party did end, the black sailed ships now ever closer and a wave of evil induced fear starting to be felt. All Stalwart crew and party did await round 2 and what it would bring.

(OOC: As I said above some of you did more actions then allowed, I hope I got it right as to which were done this round. If those of you want to keep those other actions for RD 2 just do a small post kinda saying the same thing and I will go from there. Round 2 next Monday or if everyone posts by the weekend so will I. As I am now back to full time hours at work and on this week from Tues-Fri and off Sat-Sun and Mon of next week. I will post on the weekend if everyone posts. If not Monday as norm.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:34:43.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


100

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

Trying to even the odds.
Posted on 2/7/2006 at 1:48:03 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulthok finding and talking to both Halia, and Samson puts forth his idea of polymorphing into water creatures to try to stop the ships, however upon realizing the Cynil had commanded the blue whales to do just as he had hoped to do figured their help in that way was probally no longer needed.

Then also hearing from Samson what he could make out in his little journy towards younder ships said he could make out both many archers linning the rails as well as robed figures this did not bode well for the one disabled ship he was sure they needed to stop the progress of some of the ships if they where to have any chance in the upcoming battle.Having no way himself to silence the mages on the other ships he will ask the others with him if they can and if not to pass the word around that it might be a good idea if someone could.He will then prepare for his next move.

Quickly looking around to see where Alasidar is he would like to let their leader know what it is he plans to be sure he feels it is a prudent move but at the same time Ulthok doesn't want to waste any more time for the evil ships do approach closer with each passing moment.So if their leader is close enough to inform of his actions the mage will do so, but if it will cost him another round he will just act.

Using his powers of magic the halfling preforms the neccesary actions to polymorph himself into a small winged humanoid creature thus giving himself the power to fly yet still be able to cast spells as he wants.

Heading out towards the lead ship he watches to see if there seems to be anything anything out of the ordinary that would let him know if the ship has any form of protective magic surrounding it he wants no replay of the last battle.If he feels all is safe he positions himself at a distance which will allow him to cast the spell he wants but yet stay somewhat unseen having worn his magical body suit and the elven robe to help hide him along with his rings and amulet leaving the rest of his equiptment on the ship to use upon his return.

if he can still cast on this turn he will cast lighting to strike the lead ships mast in an effort to splinter it and knock it over disableing the ship there.Any other damage or injuries would be welcome.As soon as he casts Ulthok will move away in an effort to try to remain undetected.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Battle plans - rd2
Posted on 2/7/2006 at 2:47:18 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having spoken to the party and the ships' captain, Alasdair finally says, "Seems our young friend Samson is intent on all the glory today. I for one think we all deserve a share," jests Alasdair. "It doth seem that I shall need a few items from my cabin to join the coming battle," he says as he makes a quick dash to his cabin to retrieve his shield, bow and other items. He makes the decision to leave his heavy metal armor below deck and trusts that the combined protection from his various magical items will be enough for this battle.

Upon returning to the deck of the ship Alasdair quickly approaches Lady Althena and gives her a gentle hug. Without speaking a word to her, he turns to Conall and says, "May your sword arm and courage get ye both safely through the coming battle." After which he moves off to be nearer to the ship's captain in an effort to help coordinate the defenses and to show the crew that have have our support as well. Loosening his sword and dagger in their respective sheaths, he then sets the quiver down, and readies an arrow loosely in his bow, waiting for the enemy to come into range. Closely listening to the capatain as he gave orders to his crew, Alasdair watches the enemy approach and the various efforts of his own comrades as they readied themselves and the ship for battle.

To the spell casters he called, "Mayhaps this storm could be dispelled and damage done to yonder ships as they approach? I myself shall attempt to use my own powers in a moments time. If successful... ye shall all find it amusing," jest Alasdair hoping that his bravado would be heard by the crew and help to lend them courage of heart as the enemy bore down upon them still. All the time waiting for the ships to come nearer so that he might yet be able to use his Psionic Powers of Detect Life to determine how many approached and what race they might be. He waits his time till they are nearer before doing more.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 318
Reply | Edit

At the ready
Posted on 2/8/2006 at 2:50:13 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conall stands, weapons at the ready, “There are some strong people here and I dare say that a watery grave will not be the final resting place for those who have faith.”

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

Round 2
Posted on 2/11/2006 at 2:35:34 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cor gave a nod of appreciation to Magma’s enthusiasm for something they could sink their teeth into. He felt the power of Odin coursing through him, surrounding him, and flowing out over those who were nearby. It was comforting, bolstering, and the strength that it provided the dwarf was nearly enough to eliminate his dislike of the watery grave that surely awaited some of those he had spent the last few days with.

Judging from the time it would take to actually engage in melee combat, there was more time for preparation. Cor held his holy symbol aloft once again, glanced and winked at Conall after the paladin made his boast, and called out to the heavens:

“Mighty All-Father! It is with humility that I call upon thee once more. Grant those that serve thee strength and cunning of divine nature. Thy Will be done!”

(OOC: Cor casts Prayer)

Vanadia
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 575
Reply | Edit

a paltry attempt
Posted on 2/12/2006 at 6:33:50 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haila’s tiny form moved about the deck, sidestepping swearing sailors and crashing waves with an ease that belied the churning in her stomach. Niamedris, draped around her shoulders as a living stole, growled with discomfort and gripped all the tighter with sinewy muscle and claws. One paw penetrated past cloak to sink talons into Haila’s neck, and she paused to gently extricate the needles and reassure her familiar and friend.

“I don’t like this either, sweetling, but let us see what we can send against our foes, yes?”

She made her way to the railing and looked at the four ships approaching on a fell wind. The evil emanating from them was apparent: a foul slick upon skin and tongue. She watched a moment the actions of the shaman, Skullcrusher, and nodded with approval. Why wait for battle, giving them the chance to strike our crippled ship? The time is now!

Blue eyes blazed with determination, then slitted into a mask of concentration as Haila began to mutter in the arcane language, hands flowing in obscure gestures that flickered with power. Haila could feel the magical power coalesce around her, and although she knew it to be invisible to untrained eyes, she wondered anew that her hair did not rise from her head in the crackling energy flowing about her slight body. With Niamedris crooning his own song against her neck, her spell reached its crescendo and she cast it towards the approaching ships. A searing cold rushed from her, seeking the nearest attacker, and glittering motes began to gather at the front of the threatening ship.

(OOC: Casting Wall of Ice, and if precision is allowed, Haila’s aim is slightly past the prow of the ship, so that the Wall forms within the ship itself. With luck, the weight of the ice will sink of slow her, and at best, the sudden expansion of ice will tear her apart. )

soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Relieved that sam is remembering he has a team
Posted on 2/13/2006 at 3:35:36 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cynil closes her eyes briefly in relief. Now she concentrates for a moment and starts singing a quiet cadence. Fingers flashing in the air before her she concentrates on weaving the brilliant threads of power into a single thread she then spins out seeking more help.

She has cast conjure fire elemental


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:36:43.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Something Strange this way comes

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 291
Reply | Edit

Something strange this way comes.
Posted on 2/15/2006 at 4:43:09 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Party at the ready, all in his or her own way. Spells cast, abilities used, round 2 finally after what seemed like a delay of weeks upon them.


Ulthok the halfling in the polymorphed form of a small bird flew up and to the approaching ships did go. His full movement and his action done he took in the sight before him.
The first things the thief does see raise his eyes in worry, for the decks seem filled to overflowing with many creatures. All from robed mages, long bow archers, fully armored soldiers and monsters, stand so close to almost seem as one large interconnected mass, covered in what can only be called a light fog. As the arrows fly at him the enemy on board somehow knowing him to be a foe, some pass far, others barely it seems to miss him, the Halfling watches on, his next move playing in his mind.

Alasdair with nothing to do but wait as his powers of the mind were yet out of range., use’s his ability of orientation to raise the moral of his fellow party members and the crew of sailors as a whole. His effort not without some results, yet short of what was hoped could feel the aura of fear getting ever stronger, as such he watches and waits. Next round his powers mental, would be in range.

Conall, Paladin, Warrior, friend to many and foe of evil all, stood upon the Stalwarts deck ready to once again face that which he had sworn to fight. Evil in its many forms faced a man full of goodness and strength, woe to the many creatures born of it. As if speaking to himself, as if a quietly voiced thought he takes note of those around him.
"There are some strong people here and I dare say that a watery grave will not be the final resting place for those who have faith."

Next to him his friend and companion the dwarf Cleric Cor says a prayer of his own, ready for the battle to come was he also.
"Mighty All-Father! It is with humility that I call upon thee once more. Grant those that serve thee strength and cunning of divine nature. Thy Will be done!"
The spell of prayer now cast the party around him feeling better protected.

Next to act was the Fighter/mage Haila once again under no ones control but that of herself. The spell Wall of Ice cast forward towards the black sailed ships, yet too short to be as she had hoped. But now did yet one of the enemy ships sail right for it a collision unavoidable in the distance allowed. No move to even try to miss made, next round ship and Ice wound meet.

Cynil Druid of the forest having sent her whales forward did now summon an elemental of fire her reasons for such as yet unknown. Mayhap not thinking that the decks were made of wood it came into being beside her. Only by the luck that the deck of the Stalwart was soaked in salt water did stop it from bursting aflame. But the heat of the elemental soon to dry any lingering dampness.

Af’til yet at the Stalwarts artillery did ready his bow, arrows at hand for easy retrieval. He like the rest waited his turn to fight.

Samson now again beside Cynil his giant sword to hand, and Magma next to his dwarven brethren Cor were as the rest ready for melee hoping that time would somehow speed up. All could feel the power of fear rising stronger as the 4 ships approached yet closer.

As for Cynil’s whales the two did find themselves somewhat confused as they headed for the enemy ships. For though they could sense them by the aura of fear coming from them their brains and eyes said nothing was there to attack. In their confusion they circled waiting for any new command from the lady Druid.

4 Black sailed ships closer they came, evil waves of fear before them their decks filled to overflowing with all manner of creatures and magic. What type of numbers would the sailors and party members face once melee was engaged as yet unknown. Round two over, artillery to next engage a battle of distance for the moment......

(OOC: Ok everyone here is the delayed round two post, sorry it took a few extra days. Thanks to Vanadia for her post and thanks to the rest who posted also. Tinder, Nightgold and Alacrity I went ahead and just posted you at the ready as you 3 did not post any new actions. Please if you can, post this week. If not melee is still rounds away, so do not feel pressured

.
Next post will be sometime next week based on my days off I will let you all know in the Q/A thread Friday night. Happy holiday to all of you who have a special someone.)


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:38:12.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


101

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 170
Reply | Edit

So Many to Fight.
Posted on 2/15/2006 at 10:22:49 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arrivingat a distance where he was in position to launch his next attack at the lead black ship,Ulthok is very dismayed at the sight that greets him.The ship is packed it seems to him almost to a point of being overloaded with every manner of man and beast standing shoulder to shoulder so close as to almost look as one long creature.If every ship is so loaded the party is in for one hell of a battle.

The next thing that dismays him is the fact that although in his present polymorphed form those on the ship seem to be able to distingush him as a foe and are already firing at him some getting uncomfortably close.As he prepares for his next move two other things the halfling dos't notice.First a large wall of ice materlizes directly in front of the lead ship close enough that there is no way they can avoid it, and for some reason they don't even seem to try to.Second he was hoping to see Cynil's two whales somewhere about hopefully ramming the ships in hopes of disableing some of them, but they seem to be nowhere in sight.This battle is not shapping up in any ways he had hoped for.

After seeing the enemny on the ship how they are lined up and the fact that they where headed for a collision with the wall of ice Ulthok quickly changes his original tactic and deceides that his best bet may be to hit the first ship with a fireball since so many foes stand so close togeather, although it may be an illusion.The one other thing that worries the mage is the somewhat funny fog that seems to linger and hoover over and around the ship, he doesn't know if it is some kind of protection or just some kind of distraction, but he does what he had deceided to So he cast his spell and hopes for the best.

Nightgold
Resident
Posts: 602
Reply | Edit

A brief responce
Posted on 3/7/2006 at 9:02:26 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Samson landed back upon the ship next to Cynil he could not but help giving her a sheepish smile. The Giant far from stupid knew she was a little upset with him for his at first reckless charge (or hurried flight, not withstanding) into battle.

Not saying a word he recovered his sword and stood ready waiting for the black sailed ships to finally come into spell range. Then Samson would give them a true taste of Firbolg magic....

(OK everyone Nightgold told me this would be his last post as Samson. Due to RL issues and his health the roleplay intense nature of this game is taking a toll. He wants everyone to know that he has enjoyed gaming with us and will keep reading the thread. I wish you good health my friend, for your still my friend even if not in the game.)
soula steele
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 28
Reply | Edit

Fire elemental
Posted on 3/7/2006 at 11:19:06 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cynil quickly discovers the elemental cannot travel over water to the other ships, quickly thanking it for its quick response to her plea she casts dismiss.
listening to her whales she starts to think mayhap the ships are but illusion, fortifying her will she askes the whales more of what they sense there.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 166
Reply | Edit

Enemy or no??
Posted on 3/8/2006 at 1:57:47 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was the question playing across Alasdair's mind as the phantom ships approached. To the others he calls, "Steady friends, we do not fear or run from the unknown or from an enemy fast approaching. On this day we shall stand strong," says Alasdair, seeing the fear in the eyes of many of the crew.

He could see that something was amiss with the whales. So he reached out his mind to sense what was amiss. Once the ships were within range of his powers, he focuses his mind, seeking the truth in what lay ahead of them.

OOC: Alasdair uses the Psionic power Detect Life to determine what if anything is truly approaching them. Range is 100 yrds.

Miss Jinx
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 8
Reply | Edit

Hit the Accelerator
Posted on 3/8/2006 at 8:30:05 AM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haila's stomach had just started to settle from the roiling of the sea when the attack happened. It was too be expected, she supposed, when she actually started to relax. Forepaws on the rail Niamedris watched the whales. He wondered briefly "What's holding up the calimari? Shouldn't they be doing something?" Haila's brow furrowed slightly. From the belt pouch was the reply "Calimari is squid not whale. Must you always think of food?" Pinching the bridge of her nose the mage tried to block out the expected byplay of dog and cat. She had tried ice and hoped it worked but there were 4 ships. She needed fire. A little fire could take out another ship if she was lucky but a lot of fire would go a long way and for that she’d need some assistance. She left the rail and effected an unconcerned air, a dramatic contrast to her knocking knees. Turning towards the nearest crewman she grabs hold of his ear and drags him towards her so she doesn’t have to yell and becons 3 more crewman closer. Not wanting their ears pinched they are only to glad to comply.

She points to each in turn and tells them what to do. “I want you to go to the captain and tell him to catapult anything that will act as an accelerant onto those ships. You are to go to the catapult operators tell them what to do. You go to the kitchens and get some men to help carry barrels of oil or mead. You find other magic users and tell them what is going on, although if this works I doubt any explination will be necessary.” Haila hoped this worked and that the captain wouldn’t make her swim the rest of the way for telling his crewmen what to do. The weight of a feline gaze made her look. Eyes flashing with the reflected sun she was then admonished. “You send him to the kitchen and don’t have him come back with so much as a snack? A cat could starve to death.” A pained look crossed Haila's face as she turned to Magma and asked him "You wanna cat? I'm thinking of trading him in for a nice hedgehog." Niamedis turned his back on the mage, his tail trailing circles in the air in a manner that promised retribution. She reminded herself to check her hairbrush before she used it.

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

Braveheart
Posted on 3/10/2006 at 9:22:38 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cor felt the flow of Odin’s power wash over them as his prayers were answered. The concern that the noble priest had felt about sea combat was drowned in the righteous fervor that accompanied the blessings and he allowed himself to grin in anticipation, his grip tight about the gift he now carried. All about him the others were busy with their own tactics. The giant had returned, perhaps feeling a bit foolish for so hasty of a flight. Unaware of the aquatic animal’s proper behavior, the cleric knight had no reason to figure anything amiss. Instead, he prepared himself for a battle in which he planned on taking as many of those black-hearted souls to Odin’s Judgment as possible before he was dragged into the murky depths. Glancing at his brother dwarf, he could see that Magma was like-minded.

“Ah, but this will be a glorious time for us brethren,” Cor bellowed over the noise from those still trying to work the ship. “On this day we shall do Odin’s work and fear shall not hinder our progress! Prepare yourselves, my friends, for Odin watches and the All-Father recognizes your courage!”

His bolstering words spoken, Cor doesn’t see Haila’s actions, but instead focuses his attention on the approaching ships, his Rod of Smiting held in his right hand, its head patted into the palm of his left.

alacrityfitzhugh
Moderator
*Contributor*
Posts: 568
Reply | Edit

The black pearl
Posted on 3/11/2006 at 7:02:53 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the pirates came over the side of the ship, Magma was ready for them. The first ugly bugger died with two crossbow bolts in his chest before Magma cast away his crossbow and drew out Nellie and his shield. He leapt into the fray, battleaxe arching forth to tear through the limbs of the pirates. Here he was at home, here he was a force to be reckon with and by the gods, these murderous scum were gonna to reckon! Lots of wrecken’ and smashen’!

Or at least, that was how it was going to play out in the fertile imagination of Magma Ironclaw as he waited in frustration for the dread pirates to reach the ship.

Haila asked him "You wanna cat? I'm thinking of trading him in for a nice hedgehog."

Magma laughed loudly, “Only if they make good eating my dear! Otherwise, slap it in the catapult and see what damage it can do to them buggers over there. What is taking them so long? I’ll grow old before they manage to arrive.”

A thought occurred to Magma as whispers of the ships ahead not being what they seem, “I have heard stories of ships filled with cursed men sailing the seas. Undead pirates and the like. Have we crossed the path of these? Cor? Can you tell from this distance?”

Bromern Sal
Moderator
Posts: 506
Reply | Edit

Apologies
Posted on 3/11/2006 at 9:00:33 PM (CST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cor didn’t remove his eyes from the approaching ships at the question posed by his brother dwarf. He mentally went over all of the items that he carried in his pouch and those that were stored in the quarters he’d been given for the journey. When these came up without so much as a spark of help he reviewed the prayers Odin had granted him earlier that day.

“Nay, brother,” the knight cleric responded grimly. “Though I too have heard of such fell creatures I’m afraid I have failed to equip myself either spiritually or physically to determine such things. A failing for which my apologies are forthcoming… nay, even present.”

The priest then rolled his shoulders to loosen the stiffness that was setting in with tension. “Though I must agree with you; these ships move too slow!”



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:40:50.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Trilogy War Reborn (First post after 1st crash before moving to Dragon forums)

The Black ships sailed closer, a party of 10 and sailors all on watch and ready for combat. This round the Catapults and mayhap a cat would fly.!!!

Before the eyes of the party 4 black ships became 3 as one of the ships did impact the wall of Ice cast earlier. The ship vanishing as if it never had been there at all, but a yell of cheer arising from the sailors throats choked off just as quickly as the 4th ship did yet again appear. The wave of renewed fear stronger then before did cause 2 sailors to break from their positions and flee screaming over the rail and into the sea....

But now all 5 ships were in Catapult range and the Stalwart was ready. Quickly following Haila’s instructions the crew had loaded her proposed ammo concoction and let fly. Flaming loads of ammo swung up and away their targets the black sailed ships. To the surprise of all no return fire did the Stalwart yet receive....

Uthlok after seeing the effect of the wall of ice and with his plans changed did attempt to disbelieve that the 4 ships did so exist. But to his dismay the ships, though slow, yet sailed forward towards the Stalwart seemingly now no illusion. A fireball cast its impact lighting up the enemy ships deck yet no damage did it seemingly do. What did the party and Stalwarts sailors truly face if not an illusion it truly was....

The giant Samson was greeted by a smile from his companion Cynil as he again landed safely upon the Stalwarts deck. His sword returned to him he turned to face the oncoming ships ready to do battle next to the female Druid. Then it seemed one moment Cynil was up and smiling, the next lying upon the deck, blood seeping slowly from her ears. The fear it seemed a moment later increasing in force....

Cynil having realized her mistake quickly sent the Fire Elemental back to its own plane. As she turned to check on her controlled whales her mind exploded in pain, her connection with the whales violently severed due to the increase of fear. The whales no longer under her control, in a stark panic swimming away....

The lord Alasdair leader of the party seeing the 2 sailors break did call out to all.
"Steady friends, we do not fear or run from the unknown or from an enemy fast approaching. On this day we shall stand strong."
His words spoken he did look around to see their effect as such other then Samson was the first to see the druid Cynil fall to the deck. His psionic power of Detect Life ready to be used once the range did close he made his next move....

Cor too feeling the breaking of the sailors will and courage followed in Alasdair’s footsteps and gave voice to all. Turning to Magma but load enough for all to hear he shouted.
"Ah, but this will be a glorious time for us brethren. On this day we shall do Odin’s work and fear shall not hinder our progress! Prepare yourselves, my friends, for Odin watches and the All-Father recognizes your courage!" Clear it was to all Cor stood ready and unafraid....

Magma did hear the Cleric’s words but also those of the Female fighter/mage Haila as she offered him in the jest the gift of the Cat Niamedris. Returning the joke he wondered allowed if the Elvin cat would be a good meal, and if not mayhap as ammo for the Stalwarts catapults. But his mind sharp he remembered a few tales and did give voice to them.
"I have heard stories of ships filled with cursed men sailing the seas. Undead pirates and the like. Have we crossed the path of these? Cor? Can you tell from this distance?"
He asked of his fellow dwarf, awaiting an answer his Nellie and shield at the ready Cor did reply
"Nay, brother, though I too have heard of such fell creatures I’m afraid I have failed to equip myself either spiritually or physically to determine such things. A failing for which my apologies are forthcoming… nay, even present"
The 2 dwarves and Haila, lost in the conversation, yet watching the approaching ships this round did not notice the collapse of the druid Cynil.....

On the Stalwarts foredeck awaited the human paladin seemingly almost standing alone, but troubled.
For just a second before Conall’s ability of Detect Evil had begun warning him that something near the Stalwart was not right. Clear to the paladin that as all 4 ships were yet to far to be in range it was not them. A quick look around revealed to him nothing seemingly wrong yet never had his abilities been wrong something was not right....

4 Black sailed ships did move forward seeming to be unstoppable, magic had not worked and the catapult rounds at the rounds end hitting nothing but seemingly air. With the thought of this being a grand illusion gone, what type of foes did all face. Soon it would be to melee range and for good or ill that question would be answered....

(OOC: Ok everyone round 3 over, wow long wait for that round huh. Lol. Cynil though your down you took no damage and can act as normal this round. Be advised you do have a pretty bad headache that may hamper your ability to cast spells. Ok good posts everyone and I know some of you are itching for action but be patient its on its way. Next post if my schedule remains the same will be Monday night once again.)

Ok everyone the Inn is in the process of being upgraded so don't worry about the Monday night deadline. Once the Inn, both new and old, has merged feel free to post. I will post after giving all a chance to post actions. Thank you for your patiance.


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:48:32.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 03:09:24 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Trilogy Restarted (First post after 2nd Crash and loss of all Dragon Forum posts) / ( Posted on 2006

A QUICK RECAP OF THE LAST 2 YEARS -----------------------------------------------

You the party were a fast reaction force of Special Guards working for the King of Shana’tara under the leadership of the Human female Bard/Druid the Lady Drusillia Liadon. You were called to the King's chambers and told that the King's daughter one Althena Sunblayze long in seclusion at a distant monastery was kidnapped two days ago the word of that just now reaching the King. He at once ordered the party to go and seek any answers and to rescue her if you could as fast as you could. So assigning a Pegasus trooper and his mount to each party member you all flew out to the Monastery to investigate. During the course of this investigation it was discovered through a Goblin captive that she was being held in magical tunnels formed beneath the Mountains of Steel. The Goblin it was discovered later was under the loose psionic control of the King's daughter. As such with this information you all remounted the winged steeds and did then go to the mountains. The party then spent the next year in real time (but only a day and a half in game time) in those same tunnels trying to find the girl. You found her but in the process lost 4 original characters to death, including the party's leader, the Lady Drusilia, the Human female Ranger Taila Torran, the male Gnome Thief/Illusionist Flit, and finally the male Elf Ranger Hawk. But you did manage to rescue two new characters the Firbolg Giant Samson and the Elvin Druid Cynil along with a small number of Dwarves. With the King's daughter in hand your last remaining Thief the Halfling Ulthok then did teleport with her back to the King's castle. The King with his daughter once again safe, then had his wizards teleport the whole party back and then recalled the Pegasus troopers home. Out of this came a sense of a great evil awakening and something not altogether normal about the girl as she was the center point of it all. With the death of your leader the King did disband you and called upon the Cavalier Alasdair to form a new guard as its leader for a very dangerous quest yet to come. The Paladin Conall he made the Lady Althena's bodyguard and second in leadership to Alasdair in this new formed Special Guard. The dwarf Magma a representative of a nearby Dwarven King and ally of Shana’tara, who had been found among the few surviving dwarves was declared as third in leadership. Then you the party reformed by Alasdair and being 10 in number did finally get word from the Shana’tarian King of the mission that lay ahead. You were told the tale of the Steel Maiden, a sword of intelligence and great evil and the need to recover it before the dark king himself did so. You then had revealed to you the truth about Althena’s linage and past and why rescuing her had been so Important. Agreeing to undertake the mission to retrieve and somehow destroy the sword was unanimous by all and so once again by Pegasus you were taken to just outside the City of Helm's Dike. There you boarded a ship and set sail for your next port of call, the Port City of Chard Rush. After a few days travel you entered a bad storm losing the ships main mast and then found yourselves in the eye of the storm. It was here you where attacked by 4 black sailed ships and by the whole episodes end you ended up losing yet another character that of the Giant Samson and dropping you to 9 in number. The ship you were on was badly damaged but you were luckily saved by a second friendly ship and after sinking the damaged ship taken to the port city of Chard Rush in the Country of Ravenshorn. Then while in the port city you realized you were being watched by something clearly evil and then a little later when Althena did have a vision of a disturbing nature you all decided to depart Chard Rush in the middle of the night. From Chard Rush you moved North and traveled for two days until you reached the fort of Panzer of which you have just entered.
This is where the game stands right now...

A Semi-Repost of my last post.

So it was that with the noon day sun risen and a thick area of wooded hills with a nice small creek found that the party did stop to rest. Watches set water skins refilled and a light lunch having been had by each. The time now was to relax, wait and even with the sun yet high in the sky each member alone or side by side as the case of Alasdair and Althena did attempt to sleep.

Conall as he sat by the small flowing creek was quiet and seemingly lost within himself a mood very unlike the noble warrior. Cynil her eye catching his silence did then and their decide to try to lift whatever it was that troubled him so.
Sitting lightly near Conall, she took in the seriousness of his face, and smiled to herself. Gesturing to the wild around them, Cynil said,
"Why not be happy? Look around - isn't this what we are fighting for? And do not fear, our battles can never be wholly lost."
Having heard the words of the Lady Cynil the Paladin did so reply finding with him his first smile since leaving the town of Chard Rush.
"Happy? Good Lady when I was a young lad I longed for the glory of battle and the beauty of the open road. I have those things now after much training and hardship. My instructors would always tell me, ‘A patch of dirt and a few pigs is what you will have if you do not train harder. Now I find myself wanting other things," Conall pointed to a spot some distance away,
"A small hamlet pushed right up among those tress. A stream with fish and fresh water, a few cows perhaps. But such things will never be as such As for battles wholly lost… If the bones ache and the soul still feels pain then the battle can still be won. If you find yourself walking among a grove of trees and all pain has slipped from you. Then the battle is no longer ours and we are already dead. I fear not what Odin has planned for me, I fear what he has written for others." Conall putting his sword away reached into his pack and pulled out a small loaf of sweet bread, tearing off a piece for himself offered the rest to Cynil.

And there by the side of a small creek did two people sit, for the moment no longer a Paladin or a Druid, no longer a Human or an Elf. Just a man and a women lost in the beauty of nature, alone yet together, hands almost as if with a will of their own touching lightly.


With the sunset and the fall of night everyone was awake and ready and once again the 9 companions did make their way North Ulthok had rode along with the others for most of the first night in silence playing over in his mind what the half/dwarven mage had told them about the pending return of the Armies of the Dark King and the nine hero’s. His mind deep within himself, he found himself lost in the thought that they could very well be the nine spoken of. At first break he had eaten a quick snack and once again called upon his owl in for some talk. Asking Omensma if she had picked up anyone following the owl replied in the negative but she did tell him that a day and a half to the North a building full of creatures taller then he did stand. Sending her once again aloft the tells the owl to keep a watch for anyone and to warn them if anything looks dangerous. The Party having been told by Ulthok of Omensma findings had decided to make for what could only be a roadway fort and try to spend the next day there. With another night of no encounters they traveled at a good pace and with the breaking of dawn the owl did tell them the fort they did seek was just over the next rise, a mere mile away. Pushing on they crested the rise to find a fort with a small camp town beside it approaching the gate at a slow trot they could tell that among the buildings by the fort were a stables, a pair of small half/tent half/wood taverns, a lone Inn with no real name displayed, a hospital standing alone and of more prominence a Bordello clearly titled as such.

Here also the party could see were a number of small shops, a fletchers, another one listed as that of an Alchemist, a third listed as magical supplies, while a 4th did offer weapons repair. All this the party did see as they did enter the walls of the small Fort of Panzer....


INTERLUDE: A Bloody Morning (2 Days Ago)

Death of a Seaside Town
She had sat now for almost 2 days atop the roof of this private home cloaked in a shield of invisibility, watching and waiting for the One to move, the Ones magical scent heavy in the wind. The people who had once lived inside, father, mother and a 3 month old baby, dead by her hand and quietly in the dark of the first night fed to her mount. She was not alone in the watching for with her was another of them the one called Limper as she herself was called by the Master, Soulcatcher.

The rest of the them, of course, if needed were close by but were searching on their own as yet still for that which was hidden and needed by the Master, but known only to the One, daughter of the traitor. Even as they searched and she followed, the Master’s armies readied themselves to board ships to assault across the strait. Soon the war that had been ended 1200 years before would again begin anew and this time none would stand in the Masters way.

She hungered to taste the blood of the human male all dressed in plate, he such a one of goodness that he reeked of it, how tasty he would be. She had sensed his probe of Detection but had no worries for most all humans did reek of evil and as such hers would be masked. Her physical form, and that of her mount, being guarded by a long lasting spell of invisibility she had no fear of discovery and did believe them detected.
With this the coming of the third day perhaps the One would finally move from this hovel and lead them closer to it.

As the sun arose Soulcatcher did once again seek the magical scent of the One but did not at first find it, so taking to the air she began to circle the town trying to pick it up once again. After the first circle her scent did tell her the same as before, nothing, over the Inn where they were staying she flew, nothing, the center of town was next, again nothing. Over the stables she flew the scent of horses and ponies yet there but not as many as before, somehow in the night they had left and she had missed their leaving. THEY WERE GONE, THEY WERE GONE!!!!!!!

A cry of pure rage did escape her then, heard in its terrifying tone by all in Chard Rush. With a mental call to the Limper she turned to the Dream Evil Inn and in her rage cast a ball of fire into its midst, her mounts breath weapon right behind. One moment the Inn was there the next it was gone, all the people of Chard Rush below did see her true, the spell of Invisibility shattered. The cries of panic and fear were like music to her ears, this morn would be the last for this human hovel of a seaport, with the arrival of the Limper the destruction did begin.

Directing the Limper into the personal homes and outer parts of the city, Soulcatcher herself flew towards the Garrison atop the hill, and there she did find the human soldiers attempting to gather to give battle. Her loud laugh, her rage behind it, sent waves of fear surging through the soldiers below scattering them too and fro. Another 2 balls of fire and a breath weapon once more used and most of the Garrison soldiers did cease to exist, with 2 more bursts from her mount, the Garrison itself was left burning from end to end. A few arrows did fly into the sky seeking her out, but none did strike her or the mount, her protective magic strong.

Then it was back to the center of town her rage yet at its peak and in such she commanded her mount to land and dismounted from it telling it the destroy all ships in the harbor, then mentally telling the Limper of her intent she began to move through the town to kill. Her first victim by fate of being in the wrong place at the wrong time was an old man in his 80’s, with a malicious thrust of her sword through his forehead she did impale his brain killing him outright. Next a women in her mid 20’s found herself without her stomach and was left to bleed to death as Soulcatcher moved through the town yet hoping against hope to find the one. A boy beheaded, a mother and baby skewered, both breathing their last gasps of air, two brave adventurers standing before a family of 4, killed as easy as a walk in the park, the family they had tried to protect dying a bloody death. More and more were the bodies left behind her, Human, Dwarf, Elf to her it mattered not for she was lost in the glory of the killings, her rage having taken over her completely.

But then as if a cork in a bottle her rage did fade as she felt the call of the leader of them, calling her back to the center of the town. She knew to refuse the Sadist was to beg for death as he was the strongest of them, only the Master himself was stronger. At once turning away from her killing she hurried back to the town center to find The Sadist and his ancient white waiting for her.

"What is the meaning of this Soulcatcher you were told to watch and follow, not destroy!!"

"I am sorry my captain but I have failed you, the One is gone and I lost control of my rage knowing I had so failed the Master."

Suddenly without warning a huge mailed fist slammed her to the ground and a plated boot held her down. Knowing her existence was but moments from ending she made no move to struggle.

"Be glad that you are of the chosen for I would destroy you as to look at you if not for the Masters orders against such."

The boot lifted and Soulcatcher was allowed to stand this time with her head bowed. The Sadist was quiet for the moment allowing his rage at her failure to calm itself

"So be it, we will find her scent once again as she cannot escape it. You and Limper shall go North, Howler and Shifter to the East, Dark Whisper and Stormshadow to the West. Our task remains the same watch and follow no harm must come to the One. Dark Lady, Bloodjester and I shall finish what you started here." A pause as if for effect then his eyes did meet hers. "Do not fail again for then not even the Master will save you from my rage, now go!!."

With that Soulcatcher did call her blue to her and with Limper on his green a little behind her left wing they started to the North

By noon the town of Chard Rush, its Garrison, its harbor, its buildings and its people were dead and gone......

(OOC: Ok as I have heard from everyone still in the game (We lost no one thank God) I decided to officially restart the game today instead of Sunday feel free to post as normal at LEAST once a week. Unlike last time I do not want to see 1 post the first week, then no post the next, then finally a post on the third week as 1 or 2 of you had gotten into the habit of doing. If for some reason you can’t post that week just tell me why and I will work with you I am pretty easy to satisfy.. If you do not tell me such and it again becomes a habit I will make changes.
Ok next post as normal, next Sunday.)





Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:52:06.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:41:41 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Bromern Sal ( Playing as Cor ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-10 at 13:00:01.)

Priestly Nobility ---------------------------------------

Cor sighed at the site of the fort. Though the setting wasn't one of luxury it was certain to be more comfortable than sitting astride this gods-be-damned animal.

"Just a few more strides..." the dwarf mumbled, straightening himself in the saddle and gritting his teeth against the pain in the small of his back derived from an unnatural passage for one of his kind.

"Well, friends," he said more loudly. "I propose we procure ourselves lodging, a bath, and as fine a meal as this backwater hamlet provides--accompanied by as fine an ale as can be procured. What say you?"


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:54:12.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:50:48 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Dragonmist ( Playing as Ulthok ) ( Posted on 2006-09-11 at 07:36:11.)

Fear In a roadside Fort ----------------------------------------------

As he rode along in silence replaying in his mind what he had heard and wondering over and over if the message had been delivered to them because they where the nine in the warning.Try as he might he could not get the message out of his mind.That along with their eailer feelings of being watched Ulthok continues to keep his owl out on patrol watching both behind and in front of the party.


Keeping to his place in the formation the halfling keeps his senses on high aleart, he can't shake the feeling that there is danger moving in on them.After talking with the owl they learn that a roadside fort is up ahead of them and they plan to stop there for a good nights rest.


Ulthok had hoped that once they where among others again the feelings a danger may pass, but as they make their way into the roadside fort the halflings feelings of impending danger only grow stronger and he starts to feel like he is walking into a trap.He knows he must keep these feelings under wrap or they could hinder his abilities,there is nothing wrong with a little healthy paranoia, but if not kept in check fear can be a paralyzer.


He knows he is over reacting for fear is one problem he has never had any real problem with, but this time something is different this is a new enemny one unseen and unknown and from what they have seen one very powerfull,it will do them well to stay aleart and on their toes.He does however make a deceision to go talk with Cor once they are settled in.





Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:56:34.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:49:33 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Dragonmist ( Posted on 2006-09-12 at 07:14:46.)

A Paranoid Halfling with visions of disaster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the party moved into the fort proper Ulthok listened as Cor spoke to them"I propose we procure ourselves lodging, a bath, and as fine a meal as this backwater hamlet provides--accompanied by as fine an ale as can be procured. What say you?"


As much as he also looked forward to a hot meal and a good bed there where a couple of things he felt the party should do.Riding up to Cor Ulthok lets his concerns be heard.Good Friend I think we all would like nothing more than a hot meal and a soft bed however I think some precations may be in order.Since we are quite sure we where being watched back in Chard Rush and we don't know if we got away clean I propose for one we keep our horses ready to ride and not stabled for a quick departure, also even though it is daylight I belive at least one of us maybe even in pairs should stand as a watch for anything out of the ordaniary.We know our foe is both strong and cunning and I for one have come to belive our mission holds much more impotance than we may know.I am coming to the belife that failiar on our part could mean the end to our way of life here on Triliogy,and I for one don't mean to let that happen.maybe I'm being paranoid but I think caution is the word of the day.

Once he has said his piece he rides back to his place and waits for the final word from their leader Alaisdar.




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 02:58:39.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:44:32 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Bromern Sal ( Posted on 2006-09-12 at 09:04:17.)

Caution? -----------------------------------------------------
The noble priest shifted in his saddle, very aware of the soreness that resonated throughout his backside and ground into his bones. Don't they make these things with cushions? he thought grimly as he listened to the concerns raised about their predicament.

When all was said and done he grunted and gave a nod, gripping the saddlehorn and leaning forward a bit to elleviate some of the pain. "Well, I'm not the leader by any means, lad, but I do think posting a watch in the middle of an armed fort a bit excessive.

"I've not been oblivious to the nature of things, nor have I fallen short of noticing the heaviness of the mood amongst our brethren, but for a while could attribute the depressed atmosphere to the loss of Samson. While I'll support whatever lead is given, my councel would be to not draw attention to ourselves by acting the same as any would when arriving in a place such as this and just keeping ourselves aware. Even going so far as to mimic our actions in Chard Rush and not separate into any grouping smaller than pairs while going about our business.

"I'm honest as a clean vein of gold when I say that I'm tired of this beast and know that it is tired of being burdened by a bumbling dwarf better fit for the firm feel of the road beneath his boots. I'd say our steeds deserve the rest as much as the lot of us."




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 03:06:34.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:42:44 by TannTalas

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.