The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by t_catt11)Bug Reports!
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Odyson)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Chaotic Everywhere
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Womens
Price: $16.50

Wrathleader
Regular Visitor
Karma: 11/0
74 Posts


Conall

After directing several people in the direction of Sirene, Conall concentrates to see if there are any evil presences that have been attracted by the fire.

*if yes* Conall runs to the nearest companion and whispers to him/her, "something evil this way comes." The paladin then prepares to repel the evil presence.

*if no* Conall walks behind the main group prepared if any vines attempt to spread behind the group or if any creatures emerge attempting to attack.

Cure light wounds is prepared if Sirene needs healing.


Posted on 2011-02-06 at 03:46:29.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne ran fown the pathway with a sure feel for the ground from her years of being a ranger. Finally she reached the others and listening to what had happened and what they were trying to fo about it. Rayne considered her options. "We must coordinated our effort this time and not go off on our own. We can ill afford such actions now. Her remarks, for jer were quite pointed such was her frustration at their unthoughtful actions.


Posted on 2011-02-07 at 02:19:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6369 Posts


Just when you thought it was bad LOL

The party after this first round of fire and smoke for the most part were uncoordinated, with 4 members below and the rest on the way to join them or remaining on the ledge.....

Sirene having survived the plants grab and toss heard Kenji call out for her and yelled back to give him an idea as to her location, the smoke thick and getter thicker and beginning to raise higher in the cavern. Thinking on her feet she used her Druid abilities to shape change into a groundhog and began to dig into the packed dirt at her feet, only to find out to her distress that the soil was thick with roots and only a few feet deep on top of a layer of solid rock.
Her groundhog form was not going to help her here......

With Rayne’s arrival at the base of the stone path she at once called for a coordinated effort to reach the Female Druid/Mage only to find she had arrived too late as Kenji followed by Conall had already started to push forward. As Conall followed the Samurai he once again attempted to detect for evil and again came up blank.
Though the plants were too busy being on fire to give the two much thought, both Samurai and Paladin found the going quite difficult as the foliage was incredibly thick and entwined. Though they tried hard to breath as little as possible each found themselves taking both smoke and flame damage again this round.

However with a call from Sirene as to her intentions they both fell back to rejoin Ulthok, Maggot and the newly arrived Rayne and Alasdair and then a few moments later Cynil. As the seven waited on Sirene to undertake her stated action to join them, they tried as best as they could to stay close to the floor to avoid the acidic smoke but all joined Kenji and Conall in taking some damage.....

THE LEDGE Back upon the ledge the situation found Cor and Althena locked in a tense standoff, the adopted heiress and Knight Cleric standing face to face, with the first tendrils of the raising smoke beginning to reach the ledges height.

"Las, ya canna go down there right now. There is naught ya can do for them and with the goal in sight I canna take chances with your life. Of all of us only your life is not expendable."
“Cor get out of my way please, I must go to help them for I cannot watch more of us die.” She pleaded to the Dwarf as he refused to move from her path.

With the party at the base of the stone walk numbering seven, not including Sirene who was by herself and the party now on the ledge numbering three, the time was ripe for disaster and that is what Cor, Althena and Haila did get. As Haila stayed to help Cor guard Althena she caught out of the corner of her eye movement on the cavern’s ceiling. Turning her head to get a better look she did not like what she found. Heading as most life will do when threatened by something they can’t control a group of a dozen plus large spiders were headed across the ceiling towards the only way to safety they knew, the entrance to the tunnel behind the 3 party members. With a cry of warning Haila made the spiders presence known to Althena and Cor as she quickly prepared a spell..........

For the moment the party below, unaware of the threat to the party above, hunkered down to await Sirene’s return.


(DM OOC: Ok there you have tonight’s post on time, this time. Ok the 7 below all made your saves for half damage to smoke damage and Kenji and Conall took a small amount of fire damage also. As for the 3 above the spiders will be on you this coming round so thanks to Haila’s sharp eyesight you have a free round in which to act before your in melee with 14 large desperate Spiders. Also you 3 will start taking smoke damage this next round as the smoke will have reached the ledge.
Ok Next Post as always next Sunday and good posting everyone.)


Posted on 2011-02-07 at 05:55:02.
Edited on 2011-02-07 at 06:13:20 by TannTalas

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Sirene - Decisions

In groundhog form she dug and dug until she hit the rock beneath and instead of giving up she looked around. Groundhogs were much lower to the ground, and it would still help her to stay alive until her friends could find her. It would make no sense to head into the danger, she looked around at her options.

Sirene could see only three options. The first option was to try and go out of the cavern in search of her friends, the other would be to be a sitting duck and pray that no harm would come to her as she waited. Finally the third option to proceed deeper into the cavern, which would be easier in her current state.

Moments passed by as she weighed the possibilities before her. It seemed that she had only two real options, to go back, or to go forward, she would not, be a sitting duck. The Druid decided she would be of no use in her current form and allowed herself to change back into her normal shape. Once she was able to talk again, she started out towards her allies staying as low to the ground as she could. The familiar song of steel ringing as she drew her scimitar from her side she paused when she cleared enough of the smoke to see the plants.

Sirene was one with nature, she paused when she caught sight of the plants and she began to study them intently. Her ears listening to the sounds around her as she meditated herself into a trance to become closer to the spirits of nature.


Posted on 2011-02-10 at 23:37:54.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6148 Posts


Cold War.......

The fire continued to spread across their path and the acidic smoke was now rising to the shelf where the other party members had lingered. The flames were not moving so much into the jungle as they were along the edge in front of them. Conell, Cynil and Rayne had now come to add their support to rescue Sirene. Ulthol knew his actions had put his allies in danger, not at all what he had intended. His fear of hurting his friends with magic had just manifested itself in a different form. If the fire continued to burn the acid smoke would slowly but surely take its toll on the party. He only had one spell that might help save his friends from further harm. If he remove the heat from the fire it should die out.
“Friends!!!!,” Ulthok shouted, “Back against the wall and get down low, I’ve started this mess and I’ve got to try to stop it. If I can set a cold blast across the fire front it may stop the burning. “
Ulthok rushed to the near side of the advancing fire. He reached into the simple pouch that hung from his belt. He stopped and turned so he could face along the front edge of the strange fire. Raising his hands a glint of light sparkled off what appeared to be a small shard glass setting in his palm. Oh please let this work, he thought as he called out, “Winter’s Freeze”. The shard began to glow and from his hands emanated a growing cone of freezing cold that rushed along edge of the jungle encompassing the flames and burning plants.


(When this spell is cast, it causes a cone-shaped area of extreme cold, originating at the wizard's hand and extending outward in a cone 5 feet long and 1 foot in diameter per level of the caster. It drains heat and causes 1d4+1 points of damage per level of experience of the wizard. For example, a 10th-level wizard would cast a cone of cold 10 feet in diameter and 50 feet long, causing 10d4+10 points of damage. Its material component is a crystal or glass cone of very small size.)



Posted on 2011-02-11 at 03:47:26.
Edited on 2011-02-11 at 03:49:14 by Odyson

Wrathleader
Regular Visitor
Karma: 11/0
74 Posts


Conall

Hearing what Ulthok was preparing to do, Conall rushes across the scorched plants towards the wall. When he arrives, he switched his vision back to Infravision to see where the fire is spreading.

Peering through the temperature variation, he hopes to detect the thermal signature of Sirene through the smoke after the Ulthok's cone of cold extinguishes it.


Posted on 2011-02-13 at 01:37:19.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


decisions made

Cor saw teh approaching spiders and after a quick look around realized teh ledge was no longer safe. "Well lass it appears that you wish is to come true. Since we can nae stay here we might as well go down and see what all teh fuss is about." Cor moved to teh path and started down giving the spiders as wide a berth as possible.


Posted on 2011-02-13 at 12:38:12.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


not very funny

The old man took to the floor along with the master of shadows. A smile came to him and he whispered, “Ulthok my friend if you tell anyone you and I laid together I will never talk to you again.” The old man still laughing at his own joke put an ear to the ground and listen intently.


Posted on 2011-02-13 at 23:57:08.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6369 Posts


Where be the posts??

With the flames spreading side to side and slowly backward, the large cavern was quickly filling with acidic smoke. With giant sized spiders moving towards the party controlled entrance, the party spilt into two groups of 3 and 7 and Sirene all alone behind the approaching flames the time to act was now.

Cor in the process of trying to stop Althena from traveling to join the rest of the party below with only Haila in support, saw thanks to Haila’s cry of warning, the 14 large spiders headed their way. The Knight Cleric, though no coward, knew that to stay on the ledge would cause them to have to defend against the spiders without hesitation gave in to Althena’s wish and motioned for the 3 to head quickly down the stone walkway to join the rest of the party.

Haila her spell already ready released it to hit the lead of oncoming spiders dead on. The force of her spell of Magic Missiles and the number of them hitting easily caused the spider to lose its grip on the ceiling and quickly fall out of sight to the floor below. The rest pausing only for a moment continued on.

On the ground below the effort to rescue Sirene was in full swing as Kenji, Maggot and Ulthok, now joined by 4 other party members, continued to try to reach her. Ulthok thinking quickly rose on his feet and called out a warning to the rest, most of whom were still laying or leaning on the floor.

“Friends!!!!,” The Halfling shouted“ “Back against the wall and get down low, I’ve started this mess and I’ve got to try to stop it. If I can set a cold blast across the fire front it may stop the burning.”
Maggot having lain close to Ulthok could not help but tease the Halfling as he prepared his plan but remained where he was, his ear to the ground to hear any new sounds. However with the flames roaring loud and due to the nature of the ground, as such he heard nothing.

Rushing to the closet end of the fire’s reach his quickly muttered the words of a spell and from his hands rushed forth a Cone of Cold. The spell worked by the Thief/Mage to hopefully enclose the spreading flames, worked better then Ulthok had hoped and as the Cone moved down the line of flames, where it touched, the flames died. It was here as Ulthok smiled the body of a large creature fell to the floor in front of him shattering upon impact and covering the Halfling in blood and gristle.

Sirene yet in her groundhog state knowing she could not escape by traveling underground took the opportunity of the flames death to quickly study the still alive jungle behind her and was troubled by what she saw. The jungle before her was unlike any forest of wildlife she had encountered before. The vines gnarled with hundreds of tiny thorns dripping a yellowish liquid. On the main parts of dozens of mangled black trees dozens of gaping tiny teeth filled mouths. On the ground below and in between the trees dozens and dozens of twisted and horrific bushes, the leaves both long and short in the style of cactus and like cactus lined with tiny razor needle like thorns. In that moment Sirene knew how lucky she had been not to have fallen into a clump like that.

With the flames put out all that remained was a thick cloud of smoke that itself was quickly thinning out, only minor damage was taken by all. However with the ending of the flames, the heat and smoke caused by such also decreasing, so too did the end of panic come upon the 13 remaining spiders. Having lost one of their own and now sensing the movement and slowly increasing body heat of the party a new instinct came into their heads.....To feed!

A blind instinctive panic to reach safety turned into a need to feed the spiders, webs shooting out from behind them, began to repel to attack the party below...........


(DM OOC: Ok here is tonight’s post I hope ya like it, especially you there Odyson.
Ok a few things....

First you all have 1 free round before the spiders engage with you in melee so make it count.

Second thanks to the fire a large area has been cleared between you and the remaining live jungle putting you out of reach of any person grabbing vines.

Third once again everyone made thier saves and only took half damage this round.

To those that posted, good job, to those who did not well I’ll be honest and say I’m disappointed.

Ok next post Next Sunday night.)


Posted on 2011-02-14 at 04:46:59.
Edited on 2011-02-14 at 04:48:45 by TannTalas

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Who rang the dinner bell.

Maggot realized the flames were out and thought the time for worry of over so he calmly rolled over onto his back to wait for the others and the preverbal ass chewing he was going to get for fallowing the master of shadows and the Lady Hedge Hog down to the place of his current rest. As his eyes adjusted he saw things dropping from the sky or what would be the sky if they were not on some wild chase for a long, pointy, bit of steel. He moved to his feet quickly, 'look to the sky people.' the old man began to move his hands in a circler motion as lights began to dance around him then in one swift motion he moved his hands skyward, 'old fat spider you won't eat me.' The lights that danced around him formed into several small dragons of different colors that had butterfly wings and were armed with small lances. They laughed and puffed smoke as half went to the spider most over Maggot and the others hit the one just to the right of that one.


Posted on 2011-02-19 at 04:30:24.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


ungrateful

Arriving at the scene of chaos, Cor was in the process of trying to figure out exactly what was going on when he heard Maggot shout a warning. Looking up he saw the spiders he had so recently allowed to pass undisturbed. "Ahh so this is how you repay me ya wee beasties? I am afraid ya might have bitten of a bit more than you bargined for."

Cor attacked with his dwarven throwers to take advantage of ranged attack.


Posted on 2011-02-19 at 14:05:54.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

The paladin turns, and looks up. Seeing the spiders he readies himself for their assault.

"If you can, force the spiders into the still living vines. We can let the vines take care of a few while we fight off the rest."

After his suggestion he moves over to Althena, attempting to protect her from the new threat. He slices through any one of them that comes within reach. They had come too close to let such vermin stop them now.


Posted on 2011-02-19 at 19:16:09.

Wrathleader
Regular Visitor
Karma: 11/0
74 Posts


Conall

Stepping away from the wall, the paladin readies his Axe of Hurling. He picks the one that is higher than the rest and he slings the Axe in hopes that it would cut the web of the spider.

Conall calls to those coming down the walkway, "caution, there may be a falling spider!"

Drawing his sword and shield, he prepares to charge into the first wave of spiders as they land on the floor.


Posted on 2011-02-20 at 01:23:17.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


(sorry running lack of sleep)

[I]“Friends!!!!,” The Halfling shouted“ “Back against the wall and get down low, I’ve started this mess and I’ve got to try to stop it. If I can set a cold blast across the fire front it may stop the burning.”

Rushing to the closet end of the fire’s reach his quickly muttered the words of a spell and from his hands rushed forth a Cone of Cold. The spell worked by the Thief/Mage to hopefully enclose the spreading flames, worked better then Ulthok had hoped and as the Cone moved down the line of flames, where it touched, the flames died. It was here as Ulthok smiled the body of a large creature fell to the floor in front of him shattering upon impact and covering the Halfling in blood and gristle.

Sirene yet in her groundhog state knowing she could not escape by traveling underground took the opportunity of the flames death to quickly study the still alive jungle behind her and was troubled by what she saw. The jungle before her was unlike any forest of wildlife she had encountered before. The vines gnarled with hundreds of tiny thorns dripping a yellowish liquid. On the main parts of dozens of mangled black trees dozens of gaping tiny teeth filled mouths. On the ground below and in between the trees dozens and dozens of twisted and horrific bushes, the leaves both long and short in the style of cactus and like cactus lined with tiny razor needle like thorns. In that moment Sirene knew how lucky she had been not to have fallen into a clump like that.[/I]

Sirene looked behind her one last time, but decided to go towards her friends. Flames were now gone, and the smoke cleared she could see that she was close to being reunited with her companions. The Enchantress reverted back to her usual form and drew her weapons out hearing her companions were still in danger. Glancing towards the path where she had been before being tossed into this mess, she noticed an army of creatures marching to destroy her friends. It had been a long journey with her friends and she would be rational, she would not leap into danger without thinking again. It was because of her rash decision that she was divided from her allies in the first place.

Aquamarine eyes flash to her sides occasionally as she makes her way towards her friends. Scimitar in hand she preceded with caution towards the spiders that were terrorising the group. Sirene would strike at any plants she could within reach but she moved with an unmatchable grace through the plants towards her friends.

Upon arriving at her friend’s side she smiled nodded to them and passing in front of them so that she could cast Burning Hands. If the spell is unsuccessful, the Druid would remain in front of the group and battle the spiders with her scimitar. Slicing at them as soon as they came within range.


Posted on 2011-02-20 at 21:07:08.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6148 Posts


Out of the Fire, Into the Frying Pan......

A swelling of satisfaction flooded through Ulthok as the realization that the fire was winking out. Standing there, his arms still outstretched, the Halfling awaited the accolade and praise that would surely now descend on him. He would bask in that wave of glory.

Then in the blink of an eye he was covered, not in praise but in wet ooze. Something had fallen from the cavern ceiling and smashed next to him. Random parts of a giant spider were scattered across the jungles edge. The bulky husk of the creature’s abdomen lay only a few feet away were it had hit the hard stony breech that lay between the cavern wall and the jungle. “Great googoly moogoly” Ulthok moaned, “will no good deed ever go unpunished?”

Wiping the mess from his face the Mage looked up to see from where the great spider had come. To his horror there descending from the ceiling were a great number of giant spiders . “Will the fun never end,” he mumbled to himself. “Look up” he shouted. “We’re being attacked, spider!!!!”

Reaching into his pack the Mage pulled out his Slippers of Spider Climbing. Quickly he slide off his boots, stuffing then in the pack and put on the slippers.

Ulthok raced to the cavern wall and scamper up about twenty feet above the landing. From there it gave him a good angle of attack against the descending spiders. He spied a cluster of five spiders, “Maybe I can get them all”,he mused. Then while clinging securely to the wall the diminutive mage once again stretched out his arm, leveling his hand on the cluster and focused on the spiders. He commanded, “Strike”.

In an instant he unleashed a barrage of five magic missiles toward the five descending spiders. As the missiles shot across the void toward the spiders, Ulthok whispered, “Oh Uncle Trapspring let my aim be true!”


Posted on 2011-02-21 at 04:28:13.
Edited on 2011-02-21 at 04:48:20 by Odyson

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.