The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Fight.... What fight.... LOL

With the fire out and the party reunited all seemed for the moment well. However a warning cry from Maggot made the party aware of a new danger........

“Look to the sky people” The Ranger/Bard cried as he quickly raised his hand and released a swarm of 5 Magic Missiles. With two targeted on 1 spider and three on another, Maggot watched as first the 3 then the 2 hit. The spider struck by the three missiles in a flash of impact ceased to exist its body exploding into blood, gristle and destroyed skin. Its remains falling for the most part into the foliage below. The second spider hit by the other two missiles stopped in its descent and though not 100% dead lay hanging wounded from its silk line.....

The next of the party to act was the Cleric Knight Cor, his bipennis axe separated into two hand axes of throwing, he released them both against different targets and watched the first axe hit and rip a spider in two. The second axe, though a bit off, still managed to hit almost dead center killing the creature and also causing it to fall. The Dwarf watched as the full body of the spider and the halves of it’s twin fell into the still viable area of jungle. At once as if from nowhere the thorn filled vines grabbed the pieces and quickly disappeared them deeper into the hungry foliage. His axes returned he readied them once more.....

Then it was Alasdair’s turn to act, however lacking any type of ranged weapon he drew his Sun Blade and as he called out to the rest of the party moved to stand at Althena’s side in protection.
Like Cor he knew it would not be a good thing if the women he loved were to die.....

With 9 spiders yet on the move towards the ground and the party it was Conall that was next to act.

His axe of hurling to hand and thrown he watched as his attack was also a success. Though he had aimed at the spiders silk rope he instead gained a critical hit, the axe literally disappearing inside the creatures stomach. As the creature fell dead to land amidst the party, it like the first one exploded into a mass of blood, bone and hair covering all the party to one extent or another with its is remains.
With his axe attack successful he readied sword and shield for melee this next turn, but was to be disappointed.....

Haila having a second spell of Magic Missile available to her, and seeing Maggot’s use of the same spell, did the same as the Ranger/Bard and targeted two separate spiders. Just like Maggot’s so too did her 5 missiles hit and leave 2 more spiders dead and falling to the ground. One to land amongst the foliage to be devoured by the ravenous plants, the second to again fall among the party covering them in yet more gore.....

Now as Ulthok, happy that his spell had worked so well, was awaiting the happy thank you’s of the party, when from above a spider came crashing to the cavern’s floor to cover him in gore. Noting that behind it followed yet more of the same used half an action to both shout a warning and replace his foot ware. Making his way to and up the closet wall he quickly released 5 magic missiles at 5 separate targets. Though he was unable to do much more then hurt 4 of the remaining spiders, he was able to finish off the one wounded by Maggot putting this rounds kill count at 7.....

Sirene finally realizing her folly in attempting to barrow her way to safety had quickly scanned the plants to try to gather what little info she could. Failing in gaining any truly useful info she returned to her true Elvin form and drawing her sword moved towards the rest of the party. Drawing her sword she quickly moved forward once more gaining the semi-safety of the party’s side.

However as she readied the spell of Burning Hands for the next round she saw that it would be unneeded as the spiders seeing over half their number killed within seconds changed direction to escape. Within micro seconds they disappeared into the darkness of the ceilings shadows hopefully not to be seen again.....

For a moment the party yet stood ready in case of a return by the spiders but seeing no sign of the last of them for 5 minutes they once more relaxed. With the smoke from the fire nothing but harmless wisps and the spider threat gone they could now go about the business of healing, rest and strategy.

Ahead yet lay a jungle of hungry plants, a huge seemingly bottomless chasm, a crawling field of slugs, and the party’s goal, a temple housing a weapon of great evil. All in a day’s work.....


(Ok there is this weeks post and for the moment the threat of attack or such seems to be ended. Your out of range of the vines, the deadly acidic smoke has dissipated and all of you are wounded so I guess that means next post next Sunday)


Posted on 2011-02-21 at 05:41:58.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


Walk they said.

Cor looked around at the vines and saw the rows of teeth upon them. He also noticed that several of the party had taken at least some damage from them. Turning he asked, "Well master Kenji, do you still wish to simply walk through the valley? Seems there is more than slugs in there."

After a moment he added, "Perhaps we should all agree on one course of action and make that decision before anyone wanders off this time."


Posted on 2011-02-21 at 23:16:10.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Victory is ours!

As the last of the spiders turned and crawled back into the shadows of the sky Maggot began to dance on his tip-toes and point toward the spiders or where they used to be.

'Hide little spiders up in your web,'
'Hide little spiders from your dread.'

Maggot then began to play a small little wooden four hole flute he kept on a bit of leather around his neck.

'The plants have teeth in the valley,'
'Through it we must go to reach the bounty.'

With that Maggot stopped by Kenji and removed a bit of spider something from him and held it up so all could see it. He then wrinkled hi nose at it, 'Yuck'. He then dropped it tucked away his little wooden flute, 'Master Cor is right, a different way across we should find. Or at the very least find a better way to clear the path other than fire.' Maggot then began to remove spider remains from himself.


Posted on 2011-02-24 at 04:23:37.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Choices.....

The spiders seeing over half their number killed within seconds changed direction to escape. Within micro seconds they disappeared into the darkness of the ceilings shadows hopefully not to be seen again..... Ulthok relaxed, as he scanned the party below him, he saw that they were nearly as covered with spider goo as he was. At least that might keep him from having to suffer their remarks about just deserts.

For a moment the party yet stood ready in case of a return by the spiders but seeing no sign of the last of them for 5 minutes they once more relaxed. With the smoke from the fire nothing but harmless wisps and the spider threat gone they could now go about the business of healing, rest and strategy.

The Elven Enchantress had made her way back to the relative safety of the party. Ulthok scampered down from the wall. With his head hung and shoulder slumped the Halfling made his way to her side. “Oh dear one, I fear I’ve lead you into folly. You have shown me your support and I have repaid you with pain and danger.” Turning his head toward Maggot, “You also followed and I regret it proved a risky decision.” Putting on his best and most sincere face, “I wish our endeavor had proven more successful, but we have learned some valuable information. There is danger in the ceiling and the jungle itself is alive. Perhaps we will find a better way to the Temple.”


Posted on 2011-02-25 at 02:20:59.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Sirene...

When the spiders had changed their mind and ran off, she remained tense watching as they left to ensure they would not return to seek revenge.

Ulthok had come to her side and she smiled patting his shoulder gently, reassuringly. Her words came out without thought "It is fine my friend, it was my decision to head off in another direction without thinking. It was a lesson to each of us my friend. Do not take it to heart."

After another smile to her companion Ulthok, she raised her voice louder to be heard by all of her friends. "I think we should use this time to rest. We are safe for the moment, we could rotate guard so that everyone can get well rested. Unfortunately we must pay for our mistakes of splitting up, it will also give us time to think up a plan of action. Everyone will have time to discuss with the other guard on duty. Two by two we will each come up with an idea and we can discuss it in the morning."

The Enchantress watched her companions as she spoke, gauging their thoughts and reactions to her words. Sirene sat down in an area that was not affected by the vines discharge. The druid lost herself in thought as memories flooded her thoughts, of everyone in the party. The mission to this point had been difficult, but the road ahead would indeed be worse. They would have to tread lightly now that their goal was within sight. Sirene knew that many would-be-legends had stumbled at the finish line, because they grew over confident. The story of the turtle and the hare came to mind as she remained lost in thought. The turtle walked at his normal pace through the path, while the hare raced off from the start. He figured he would have time to take a nap while waiting for the turtle, but ended up sleeping much too long and lost the race in the end.

The Enchantress snapped out of her thoughts as she listened for the others to reply in favor, or against her idea of resting to heal the injured.


Posted on 2011-02-25 at 03:31:53.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Frustrated Alastair

"I think we should use this time to rest. We are safe for the moment, we could rotate guard so that everyone can get well rested. Unfortunately we must pay for our mistakes of splitting up, it will also give us time to think up a plan of action. Everyone will have time to discuss with the other guard on duty. Two by two we will each come up with an idea and we can discuss it in the morning."
Alasdair cuts into the conversation, roaring in frustration.

"Wait, wasn't that what I tried to suggest at the top of the clif before you all wandered off? Perhaps if any of you had listened we wouldn't have gotten injured as we did."

A moment passes before he speaks again. He takes a deep breath, steadying himself before begins again much more calmly.

"But now that we are where we are, I agree. We should take some rest and recover from this, and our trials before. I would like to repropose my idea for us to find some way over the jungle rather than through it, as traveling through it has led us to such great success thus far."

He looks around for a few more moments before his eyes rest on the cliff above.

"Might I also suggest that we make our camp up there on the cliff. It is easier to defend and less likely that someone will drift too close to deadly plants or such in their sleep. We will also be much more likely to be able to see anything that is coming for us."


Posted on 2011-02-27 at 06:00:40.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

At Maggot call of danger from above Rayne looked upwards scanning quickly as one does in the forest for all the possible directions that danger can come from. She saw the huge spiders descending on their self made silken cords.
Her years of ranger training and service to the king has giving her skills that enable her to judge such things as moving targets. She lifted her bow and began to fire gauging their rate of descent.

Rayne's main focus was on those spiders but not to the exclusion of other possible dangers that still may be hidden and waiting for an opportunity to strike.m

The elegant bow that had been her gift at the beginning of this last phase of their quest seemed like an old friend. She quietly thanks Kith Jora for any guidance in her final choice.

The string sang as she released it. She loves the feel of the bow as it propelled the arrow towards its target. The arrow sped forth as she awatchedtowards her targeted spider. Rayne then started to reload without having to look at wahat she was doing it was all automatic. She kept watch and saw the arrow transform into an energy bolt. By then she hadd her nest arrow loded and ready to shoot.


Posted on 2011-02-27 at 19:15:14.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


the cliff

"Well Alasdair after all this time it appers we are in agreement on this one lad. The cliff might be the better place to rest and moving over the forest could be better than through it. Perhaps in the morning one of our shapeshifters can fly a mage across so as to get a fixed spot for teleports. Shouldn't take more than a day to cross using spells."

After a bit when all calmed down Cor took a moment with Alasdair. "Donna gtet frustrated lad. You see now that this group is not one for listening to anyone. All of us a used to leading not following."


Posted on 2011-02-27 at 22:29:51.

Wrathleader
Regular Visitor
Karma: 11/0
74 Posts


Conall

Sensing the return of the Axe of Hurling, Conall listens to the conversation around him.

"I agree that we should rest. We just had a harrowing time rescuing Sirene from the rabid foliage."

Said the paladin,

"I have a healing spell available if healing is needed."


Posted on 2011-02-28 at 01:14:07.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Hi Ho Hi Ho back to the ledge you go

With the threat of the spiders for the moment averted and every member of the party wounded to differing degree’s of severity it was clear, and agreed upon, by both Alasdair and Cor, the most prominent leaders of the party that a period of rest was dearly needed.

Both of them also knew that the best place for such was upon the ledge where they had started from and so hurt and lucky to yet be alive the 11 members made their way along the stone path once again. Within a short span of time they reached the ledge and got ready to rest.

With the healers, healing, the warriors, watching, and the mages sleeping, the next 8 hours passed uneventful. However for the first time since the arrival of Maggot to the party each member felt the presence of the sword and its words within their dreams once more. But again thanks to the presence of Maggot and his `sword` the one within the temple held sway over none and ‘morning’ found all at full health once more.

With prayers and spells readied the party was once more faced with the task of moving somehow towards the far temple.

Cor having suggested an idea 8 hours before did so again.

“Perhaps one of our shape shifters can fly a mage across so as to get a fixed spot for teleports. Shouldn't take more than a day to cross using spells."

The suggestion hanging on the air the time for serious thoughts as to how to cross the miles before had come, the question now what would be the best way........

(DM OOC: OK good posting everyone glad to see all but two of you posted. Now to speed things up I went ahead and moved everyone through the rest cycle and the casting of healing. What I need from those of you who cast spells before this rest period is your new listing of prayed for and memorized spells as norm. So spell casters please check your character sheets on the character thread and get them to me by the end of the week.

Ok now a pair of thoughts, one for the party and one for Brianna and a non-game question

OK based upon reading the posts over the last few months I can’t help but put in this thought, perhaps the game would go much easier if their were a co-leadership running things namely both Cor and Alasdair. However that’s just a DM’s thinking and should not be taken as a must do by the characters.

OK to Bri, though I’m very happy you posted after almost two weeks+ without one, please read the previous posts by myself and the other players before doing so as you posted a combat round in a non combat turn. The spiders, having already been turned away the round and a half before, were already gone and there was no need to fire arrows.

Ok the non-game question, has anyone heard from YeOlde as he seems to be missing from the Inn once more, if you have please let myself or another Staff member know.

Ok again good posting and baring any RL mishaps Next post Next Sunday.)


Posted on 2011-02-28 at 05:56:09.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


Another idea

After a bit of thought Cor offered another suggestion. "What if we did indeed continue along the path? Fire was a terrible idea but what about freezing the plants. I know of few that can survive a good hard frost. Perhaps that would allow passage."


Posted on 2011-03-05 at 02:28:34.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


A hard winter is coming?

Maggot heard Cor thoughts, 'What if one could call water first in the form of a mist of perhaps a cloud. The when the one who controls Mr. Frost unleashes the bitting cold the water will also freeze adding more to the effectiveness of such an action.'


Posted on 2011-03-05 at 18:14:21.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Sirene - Silence

Sierene had listened to the discussion before retiring for the night. She knelt down eyes closed as her breathing slowed. Muttering the words beneath her breath she prayed for the spells she figured she would need the following day. After prayers were complete she lay down upon her bed roll and she allowed the sounds of the surrounding nature to be her lullaby.

The enchantress listened carefully to the sounds around before opening her eyes. Silence was beautiful this time of day. It was a gift that only nature could bestow upon her. The druid felt very refreshed after a night surrounded by nature and friends. Sirene knew she was not in the good graces of all of the members of the group, so she would not speak unless spoken to, or to save their lives. The woman had much to contemplate about during her morning, again finding herself in prayer to her god.

Sirene played yesterdays events in her head anew from the time she sat up in her bedroll. Two familiar voices were already discussing their plans for their path and she was happy that she had chosen the spells that she had for this day. Soundlessly she rose from her spot on the ground and started readying for her day.


Posted on 2011-03-05 at 18:39:56.

Wrathleader
Regular Visitor
Karma: 11/0
74 Posts


Conall

After offering to take the first watch, the paladin sets himself at the edge where he can watch both the path leading up to the ledge, the opening behind the party, and the forest below. All the while pondering what should be done to cross the forest. During the course of the night, he checked Cynil to make sure she was covered and sleeping peacefully.

The next morning, Conall has no opinion as to how to proceed. He stood next to Cynil providing support and strength while watching and listening to the conversation around him.


Posted on 2011-03-05 at 23:56:11.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

For now the various encounters had cone and gone. Fortunately without serious consequences to the part, bur it just as easily could have ggone badly for them. Rayne kept watch for now but used her time wisely as she ate one of the rations. The other members were discussing varioius

The longing to return to the her own natural world was strong but dutifully she suppressed the Longing.

Rayne stopped for a moment. Was that her thought or another's,She examined her musing. Was it only simple longing or a suggestion from outside. She had chosen herself to this endeavor. and had been dutiful to it.actually more than dutiful. She had willingly dedicated her self to these other to finish the mission. After a few ,moments of consideration she decided that being so close to the last of the quest she was letting herself think about beyond it. Her companions she had left behind not wanted to risk them underground knowing that they belonged in nature and not here underground. She also belonged to nature. and would be happy to get back to it.

Lonking arounf and her companions--friends- she did wonder about whaat she would do once they had completed this quest.


Posted on 2011-03-06 at 17:21:57.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.