The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4012 registered users. Our newest member is DissertationHelpDeal.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Alacrity)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Free at last...

(OOC: As I stated in the Q&A… Dispel magic wont work on a Wall.. Or Sphere of Force… so since we are not on the round clock here.. I will instead assume the round count of the spell has expired in my post.)

Kenji watches patiently as the Old man Maggot casts a spell at his invisible prison… and then waits… he assumes it must take some time to remove the spell… he stand waiting as the old man moved over to see what he could do for Cynil who seemed to be held in place by magic.

After a couple of minutes… the hand that he held out in front of him resting lightly on the wall suddenly fell forward… he reached out further and found the wall was gone.

As the healers of the group tended to those that were down or seriously injured…the Samurai took up a defensive position keeping watch over the group… his wounds were not as severe as the rest and his mental meditation caused the pain to ebb and allow him to stand his post as he waited for the others to do what he could not… heal and raise those that were dead.

Kenji had no reservations about raising the dead… well not any more … when he first joined the group he had reservations about a lot of things… things he thought were evil… but now he didn’t consider them evil… abilities … he realized… were not evil… they could be used for good purposes as well… only intentions were evil… if the person using the spells or abilities was good then the actions were good… so while magic was being used to bring back the soul to a dead body… he thought nothing of it… instead he kept alert and kept watch for anything that might be threatening them.


Posted on 2011-05-29 at 12:29:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6331 Posts


Game Restart Post

With the Red Beaks retreated and all of the black beaked Brain creatures dead the party took a deep breath and a moment to rest, then it was back to business.

With Alasdair’s granting of his hands of healing to Rayne, the ending of the Wall of Force’s duration freeing the Samurai, the freeing of Ulthok from his amulet, Cynil from the spell of Hold person and the raising of Sirene from death, the party was whole once more. Though Haila, yet in dragon form for the moment, stood watch over the party as most recovered.

With the major issues for the moment dealt with it was now time to find a way across the gaping chasm before them its depth unknown to all but one......

(DM OOC: Ok there you have it my new post, told ya it was gonna be short .. For ease of restarting all party members are fully healed and spells are full, so get me any spell changes you want and I will add them to your sheets. Remember for the time being we are at a bi weekly posting schedule for me so my next post will be on the 17th. Ok then Game On!!)




Posted on 2011-07-04 at 05:07:44.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Still lurking about...

Kenji watched quietly as the injured were healed and the dead returned to them once more… he smiled slightly before wiping the smile from his lips… he chastised himself for such weakness and then returned to his guard duty as the others recovered.

He assumed they would have to rest since the spell casters would need to recover their energy and spells… and those that were injured would been to rest and recover strength… for thou the potions and magic healed the wounds… the shock of the damage could still take a toll on one strength.

Kenji was one of the least wounded of the group so he resigned himself from keeping watch… while he did so he studied the surroundings… looking for the way they would have to go in order to continue.

Turning to Haila… still in dragon form and standing guard as he was… he gestured at her and spoke up as if the larger form might have made her suddenly hard of hearing…

“Lady Haila,” he said gesturing towards the chasm, “whilst you were flying around down there… did you see the bottom… or a way down?”


Posted on 2011-07-09 at 22:07:01.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


Onward again

"Well it seems that we should be moving along. Those things showed that if we move too slowly in an effort to stay safe danger can come from behind. If only there was a way to cross other than going across that chasm. But I do have a wee spell that should get us across if we wish."


Posted on 2011-07-11 at 02:23:48.
Edited on 2011-07-16 at 22:45:08 by Keeper of Dragons

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

"I agree Cor. It seems best that we don't tarry too long in one place."

The paladin takes a few moments to take stock of the party's resources once everyone has recovered.

"I for one don't particularly want to take rest anywhere near the remains of those smelly things. Which brings up back to the problem at hand, crossing the gorge. Unless anyone has any other ideas, I believe we were leaning towards magical means of crossing. That being the case, those of you with such spells prepared, bring them to your mind. Once we are all ready, we will meet this next challenge head on. Any questions before we attempt to move forward?"


Posted on 2011-07-18 at 01:36:07.

Skye
Resident
Karma: 25/0
247 Posts


Sorry!!!

Seeing that all is well with the party once more Haila allows the spell to shift her form back to the one nature had provided her at birth. It took but a few moments for scales to fade, bones to warp to a more human skeletal form, and flesh to return to it's proper state.

Blinking once and then again to focus her vision after the swift transition from looking down at her fellow party members to merely standing beside them Haila speaks."The chasm is nothing more than an illusion. Only a hundred feet or so beneath the layer of darkness is the cavern floor. And there is a tunnel leading north I assume to the pyramid. We no longer need a plan to cross the divide. We need to enter it."


Posted on 2011-07-18 at 01:56:07.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

As Haila, change rather dramatically from Dragon to Mage, Rayne's feeling was that that move was a bit premature. Out loud she commented, "Haila, your dragon shape could have proved useful for crossing that chasm. However now that we can see that chasm for what it truly is I daresay we can accomplish the task of crossing it. Rayne's very next action was to find and check out her bow. Checking with all the party members to see if anymore healing was needed.


Posted on 2011-07-18 at 04:24:39.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6331 Posts


Game on people!!

With the party, once more fully healed and spells prayed for and memorized the time had come to move forward. Haila having done her job, along with Kenji of protecting the party, changed from her dragon form and finally relayed her findings to the rest of her companions.

With the startling new revelation of the chasm, for the most part being in truth a large illusion, the party found themselves faced with a second option of how to cross and enter. It did not take them long to decide which way seemed the better choice. Having no trouble climbing down their side of the much smaller depth chasm the party quickly found themselves at the mouth of a rough looking tunnel clearly not made by man, magic or creature but somehow created over time.

Scouting a little ways in, Ulthok found that its interior indeed ran further into the area supposedly under the temple but the width of said tunnel, varying at points to wider and thinner, was perhaps 5 feet wide at its widest point allowing only single file travel. However, for the larger members, like Alasdair and Conall in their heaver armor, the fit would be very, very tight. In truth with backpacks, armor and weapons worn, the fit would be quite tight for all............

(DM OCC: OK I moved the game forward without everyone’s ok to use the tunnel but its still up to all of you if you actually enter it. Also I have decided that this two-week posting schedule is not working for me so I am going to try to go back to every Sunday, we will see how it goes. The reasons for this is it gives me something to do, will hopefully get you all posting better (Though the last two weeks that was partly my fault), and I found out from the Doc it’s good exercise for my right arm.
So next post next Sunday Thanks.)




Posted on 2011-07-18 at 04:33:17.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


forward

" well seems we have a new option, one I prefer. Tis always better to go through a tunnel than across an empty space."


Posted on 2011-07-19 at 13:30:44.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6116 Posts


Return......

A distant beckoning called to life essence that was the Halfling mage. A strength of spirit , a force guided by the skills of a powerful faith and will, summoned it to return. As the healing hands and prayers of Cor regenerated the damaged body and returned it to a healthy vessel the amulet released the life essence that it had protected.

The shock of pain of body, heart and spirit that were the last feeling Ulthok had had were also the first he had as he jerked back to life. A sense of panic and relief seemed to overwhelm him as his thoughts cleared. His eyes opened to Cor leaning over him, the familiar rugged face of his old companion and long time friend calmed the panic, but then memory of the Enchantress flooded in. Ulthok reached up and touched the bearded face, “Cor, save Sirene, leave this fool and help her!” Ulthok saw the gaze of the Cleric shift, Ulthok followed his eyes and there not far away the Elven beauty sat resting. Ulthok’s heart jumped a beat as relief and joy replaced the fear and loss. The halfling knew he need rest to gain back his strength, so he laid peacefully and listened to the others and as they discussed what might be their new course action.


Posted on 2011-07-20 at 02:36:54.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne stood by ready to use her spell to raise Dead if it was needed. As it proved out She still had hers left when the last party member had been raised. The fight had been a costly one in terms of her friends and their resources.
Rayne reaches out her hand to help Ulthok rise to hiss feet even as he was calling out for Cor to raise Sirene. "Welcome back to the living Ulthok. Everyone else has been brought back. That is a handy item you have there."

Lifting her voice rayne asks, "Is there anyone who still needs more healing before we cross that chasm?

Walking over to the chasm that they had all thought had been bottomless. Rayne shakes her head. That was all Illusion. Oh there was a chasm but not something uncrossable. She chided herself on her oversight of that fact.

"I can't believe I fell for that, she said aloud to Ulthok. Such a simple thing to check for and I didn't. Pure carelessness on my part."

Lifting her voice so other can hear her words, "We are going to have to watch out for such tricks of illusion. They will get worse I am sure. It will slow us down but we can=t afford not to check things out."


Posted on 2011-07-20 at 08:01:39.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Moving on...

Kenji was glad when it was revealed that a way down into the chasm was available… and that a passage might give them a way to get closer without passing through all of the deadly forest above… he gathered up his things and moved on down the chasm with the others… once below Ulthok had gone inside and returned saying that it was a tight fit but passable it seemed.

Kenji had voiced concerns about who should go first and in what order they should travel… it didn’t seem to matter really… therefore he shrugged as was his way… tightened down his gear as close to him as possible and moved out into the passage taking the lead… there didn’t seem to be any objections… he would have thought it wise to have Ulthok at the lead but this passage seems worn out of the rock rather than made by man so maybe there was no traps and such … he hoped… in any case he was anxious to get them moving again…

So he struck up one of his torches… took the lead into the slim passage… taking his time and slipping slowly through the tighter places… he was not the largest nor the smallest of the group… so if he got through most should be able to pass … if he found a place that seemed exceptionally tight for him… he would pass the word back that the larger ones… such as Conall and Alasdair might not be able to pass … least not in their armor… he would suggest that maybe those with bulky armor could remove them to help get them through…

(Ok since no marching order was settled upon… Kenji decided to take the lead … just trying to keep it moving. )


Posted on 2011-07-21 at 11:01:26.

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Sorry for my absence

Alasdair felt a bit better when his friends were brought back from the brink of death and beyond. Again he had failed to keep them safe...

"Odin" he whispered beneath his breath. "Grant me the fortitude, the wisdom, and the strength to protect those dear to me, and please help me with the endeavor you have placed before all of us."

His whispered oath complete he walked around the group, checking on each person to make sure they were up to continuing. He spent a few moments talking to each of his friends, even those left relatively unharmed by the red and black creatures.

Then he came to Althena, embracing her without a word for a few silent moments before whispering... "Friends have died, sacrifices made. We are righteous, but... I can't keep them safe..." His voice drifts off a bit as his eyes meet hers. Slowly the paladin's eyes drift shut. When they open moments later there is resolve there once more, only Althena could begin to recognize the fascade.

Slowly he turns to the group recovering behind him.

"I'm glad we have all recovered from the battle. This place is not safe. We need to move forward. Come my friends, at the bottom for this cliff lies our way forward."

He helps as much as possible as they begin to climb. Until the last one is over the edge, he watches the jungle around him, taking up the rear guard and praying for the safety of his friends.

_______________________________________________________________
" well seems we have a new option, one I prefer. Tis always better to go through a tunnel than across an empty space."
"The tunnel will at least give us cover, and reduce the number of directions we can be attacked from. But I do prefer a blue sky myself... not that we've seen one of those in a while."

As the brave samurai leads the way into the unknown, Alasdair speaks once again."

"Ulthok, keep up front with Kenji will you? Your skills may be needed if we encounter any mechanical deterants rather than living ones. Since I'm confident Kenji can protect the front, I will guard the rear flank. Conall, move through the center and try to cover any side tunnels as best you can. As always, we need to give our spellcasters a chance to practice their arts should battle come."

His gaze is steel as he looks on into the darkness.

"Now, let us see what else this forsaken place has in store."


Posted on 2011-07-21 at 18:24:32.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


blue vs grey

Cor laughed, "Tis a bad thing for dwarves to be out under a blue sky. We prefer the safety of tunnels in grey stone. It helps keep unwanted guests from visiting from unexpected directions. But I know most other races find tunnels too confining. Perhaps one day we will once again see blue skies above us and green grass beneath our feet."


Posted on 2011-07-22 at 14:44:40.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Sirene - healing and thought

Floating through time and space, in spirit form, the surroundings were black and limitless. Speckled with shining lights of every color of the rainbow were other spirits trapped in this endless vastness. The spirit of Sirene was suddenly being called back to her body. The sound of the prayer of resurrection calling her name into the void of time and space. Her spirit could not feel emotion, but it followed the voice calling out to her. The rainbow speckled darkness fading and suddenly it was nothing but darkness, but she felt different.

Air filled her empty lungs, drinking in the scents of the recent battle they had fought. The enchantress' eyes opened slowly as she glanced up at her healer: "Thank you my friend". Sirene layed where she had fallen for a few minutes absolutely lost in thought. She had lost her life this day, and yet she had been brought back to life by her friends, she had much to consider.

The group before her, had rescued her several times in the past, and she had started to feel as if she was becoming naught but a burden to these incredible people. The Enchantress continued to be lost in thought but had taken the time to slowly find her feet and move to a clearer spot to sit. The woman was half listening to what was being said around her, but mostly she was lost in thought about what happened to her. It had been a horrific death, but the afterlife didn't seem as empty as she would have thought. It wasn't as dreadful as everyone said it would be. Death in itself was painful, but the afterlife, that is soothing. You have no thought, no feelings, you exist as a light of colour which portrays the way you lived your life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
When everybody had been healed and resurrected, they had decided that the gorge was naught but an illusion. It would be very easy to cross under the wilderness above, but she doubted it would be any different down in the tunnels. It was a cursed place, and they would need spells to help with the darkness. It would be difficult through a tunnel as the melee fighters would not be of much use down there. Most of the fighting would rely upon spellcasters, and after the last battle, she was afraid of how well that would turn out in the underdark.

Sirene rose to her feet and followed as the group started making their way down into the chasm. Kenji took the lead into the tunnel and she followed the rest of them, keeping herself near the rear. The tunnel was tight, and dark, their path would be a difficult one. The woman was unsure why the Dwarf wasn't in the lead as he would be most at home in these conditions. Sirene said not a word, she flashed a smile reassuringly at Ulthok and continued through the tunnel with her friends.


Posted on 2011-07-24 at 14:18:24.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.