The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3957 registered users. Our newest member is JellyBeanToes.
Online members: SilentOne, Schnozzle
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Philosopher)Last Chance Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Last Chance Gang (posted by breebles)Last Chance Gang
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Cailin ( Playing as Cynil ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-12 at 09:46:02.)

Back in action... hurrah! -------------------------------------------------
Cynil smoothed her horse's mane with a hand, hiding amusement at Cor's words. Then she realized, Why hide a smile?, and chuckled aloud. The sheer indignation in the dwarf's words, and their obvious truth, was too much. She could almost feel the horse rolling its eyes, as if it understood precisely what was being said.

"Being burdened by a bumbling..." she teased lightly. "Such alliteration -- my dear dwarf, I didn't know you were a poet, too! But then, poets aren't honest, gold or not."

Cynil laughed again. With wilderness all around, it was not in her nature to be sombre, omens or no omens. After a moment, she thinks of something else: "Though your poor steed might agree that a golden heart would help explain the weight!"




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 03:11:19.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:38:37 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Drusillia( Playing as Haila ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-12 at 20:17:56.)

Great to be back!! --------------------------------------------------
Halia’s body ached a bit more with every step the horse took. She kept a brave face with a large grin. She hadn’t really realized her smile over the time had turned into more of a crazy murderous looking smirk. When she finally had realized, she cleared her throat and looked around to see if anyone had seen her. She couldn’t help but giggle a little, as she could only imagine what her face had truly looked like.

Her hair blew around her face from the slight wind of their steady pace. She heard the mention of stopping for the night. She sighed in great relief. She could think of nothing better than a nice long bath to relax her tired muscles, and eat a nice hot meal. She listened the the rest of the conversations half heartedly. She then realized what Cor had said, and when Cynil brought it to even more attention as to how funny it was she couldn't help but to laugh. It felt good to have a nice laugh."Though your poor steed might agree that a golden heart would help explain the weight!"
At this antic she started to laugh so hard she nearly lost her balance and fell to the ground. When she does stop she can only imagine what the others are thinking of her. They must think that she has gone insane. Which she to was starting to believe. Perhaps a nice rest would do her some good. She brushed the hair from her eyes and looked around. She couldn’t wait for this ride to end. She had been on this horse for what seemed eons now.....


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 03:16:36.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:37:48 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Kyle ( Playing as Conall ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-14 at 03:56:27.)

oh the banter --------------------------------------
Brother Conall was brought back to the here and now by the grumblings of the two dwarves in the party and a chuckle from Lady Cynil. As the light hearted bantering between Cor and Lady Cynil continued, it seemed the Lady Halia found it quite funny and almost lost her horse. Conall smiled and thought to himself, ‘Only to find a light heart.’ Then his smile drifted and he rode on looking forward to a night of ale and soft bed.



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 03:18:13.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:37:12 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Derynilord ( Playing As Alasdair ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-14 at 11:49:14.)

Fort of Panzer ------------------------------------
Riding along lost in his own thoughts, Alasdair was happy to see their party entering Fort of Panzer. Though this small town only offered a number of small shops, taverns and Inns, he knew that their party needed any and all manner of conveniences to help take their mind off the mission at hand if only for a moment or two. Upon hearing Brother Cor's suggestion "I propose we procure ourselves lodging, a bath, and as fine a meal as this backwater hamlet provides--accompanied by as fine an ale as can be procured. What say you?" he smiled.

"Dear Cor, have you been reading my mind now?," jested Alasdair. "Indeed we should find a place to stay for the night and have a good hot meal. And true enough we should keep a low profile and not seek to draw attention to ourselves. A watch should be set for the horses and gear, as well as, a somewhat more informal watch of our own Inn for the night. We should travel in groups of no less than 2 people while in town. I to feel that we are constantly being watched," finished Alasdair acknowledging Ulthok's concerns.

"True enough this is an armed Fort, but it is small and its defenders ill prepared for the likes of what has been haunting our mission. We should remain vigilant while in town. Lets take turns for watch this evening with myself taking the late night shift. Besides I need some fresh night time air anyway," joked Alasdair as he heard the soft laughter of Lady's Cynil and Halia. He was quite happy to see some level of light hearted banter returning to their group


Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:17:45.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:36:30 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Drusillia ( Posted on 2006-09-15 at 18:04:39.)

Fort....... short post ------------------------------------
Halia was quite relieved to finally be entering the fort. She listened to Alasdair, as she rubbed Niamedris. Who had to seemed to appear from thin air and was now half asleep atop the horse in front of her. It mewed softly as she pet him softly. She volunteered to take first watch, but if not she will take whatever she is given.




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:18:58.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:35:52 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Tinder ( Playing as Af'til ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-16 at 18:44:20.)

entrance ---------------------------
As the sun broke the countryside as did the low hung hearts of the band of 9, for they are forging forward to promise of a warm beds and hot meal in their bellies. I glad to see the merriment starting to return to us after the long tale unspeakable sadness we all have suffered these past months. But for I the warm stables sound good for me, “Dear sir, I will be glad and honor to guard our mode of transportation and gear for the stay. All I ask is that someone bring a little beard and a little wine to perch my thirst.” The time away will give me time to finish the last parts to my suit of armor and gear. I wonder what trouble this area has to warrant a fort posted here? Does the woods hold no safety in this part or are men what to blame for such precautious.



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:21:03.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:35:09 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Alacrity ( Playing as Magma ) / ( Posted on 2006-09-17 at 05:55:14.)

Magma checks in -----------------------------
Magma smiles at the bantering jests of his companions, taking great comfort that even in the most dire of times there are friends to be with you.

"I'll settle just for the ale, if nothing else." quips Magma "And I agree with Ulthok. Fort or not, I believe that caution and a watchful eye are our best allies. I have seen many well fortified warrens in my time destroyed by a mage and a whim."




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:23:18.
Edited on 2006-10-04 at 03:17:35 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Bromern Sal ( Posted on 2006-09-17 at 15:05:16.)

Concent -----------------------------
"Ah," Cor sighs heavily, appearing to slump further in his saddle (if possible). "A full night's rest successfully avoided then." Glancing at the chuckling women he shook his head and puffed out his cheeks a bit before releasing the air contained within. "Golden heart indeed. If my saddle were made of gold it'd be softer than it is now!"

As they drew closer to the fortifications the dwarf sniffed in the scent of cook fires mixed with the usual odors of civilization and sighed again. It didn't appear that there'd be any real luxury within these establishments.

"I'll volunteer for the last watch then as it'll allow me time for my devotions before we continue our trek."




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:27:01.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:32:34 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


To Sleep or Shop....Ahhh that be the question ( Posted on 2006-09-17 at 17:20:30.)

The Party with the morning sun had arrived at a medium sized, yet sturdy looking fort called Panzer and it was here that they all agreed they would spend the day though in a strange way some felt it was to spend the night.
The only real place to stay was a well sized Inn with a bar/kitchen attached so leaving the extra gear, horses and Af’til at the stables they made their way to the Inn.

Ahhh the aroma of a breakfast in the making was the first smell all did encounter as they stepped inside, then to a large table in the center of the common room, the only one big enough to seat all, they did find themselves seated at. Within moments a wizard old women was at the table and as orders were given and taken she smiled and conversed with each and displayed a warm nature.
Alasdair in no way forgetting the Ranger/Cleric did ask that a meal be sent to the stables and with the leaving of a small kitchen boy the request was so honored.

The meal was all each had hoped for and soon the party was ready for the gaining of lodging for the day and that night as for now the time of thier leaving was as yet to be decided but here they would not stay for long for their journey was in no way at an end .
The rooms obtained and the party paired up as normal it was now up to each as to sleep or shop the small town outside the Forts walls having perhaps a few places of interest.

(OOC: Ok a short post to allow you guys to tell me if you shop or sleep. Remember the shops are listed in my opening post so tell me what you want to do. I will deduct the cost of breakfast and stables from each of you unless told otherwise.
If no one really wants to shop tell me in the Q/A or post here and I will not wait till Sunday to post but do so during the week to keep the game going.
Ok unless as I said no one wants to shop I will post Next Sunday as normal.)

Ok everyone I edited my post to reflect your stay time sorry for the Boo Boo




Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:30:53.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:31:40 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Dragonmist ( Posted on 2006-09-18 at 07:10:41.)

Big Breakfast and some shopping -----------------------------
Ulthok was glad to see that there where others in the party of 9 that where having the same feelings of being watched,and being uneasy even if they did not yet know why.Alaisdair did agree that keeping someone with their mounts and,someone awake and watching while others took turns sleeping even if they where ibside a guarded fort.

After that breakfast was next on their plan so they entered the only eating spot it seemed,found a table large enough to seat all 8 of them since Af'Til had stayed back with the horses.Once seated they where at once waited on and the little halfling ordered the largest meal.For some reason he was ravenous.Orsering up a large plate of fresh fried eggs along with some meat,and bread with a side of whatever gravy might be avaiable.He devoured the food and then asked Halia if she was interested in a little shopping before they rested.He had seen a Fletchers,a Alchemist,magical supplies,and a weapon repair shop as they entered.Of course Ulthok was interested in the alchemist and the magical supply shop.If Halia does not want to go he will wait untill someone says they will go with him since they are not to travel alone.

Once he has a partner he will lead them first off out and over to the Fletcers shop to see what there might be avaiable there.Looking for anything unusual and deadly.He won't spend too much time there especially if he sees nothing of real interest.After there he will head over to the Alchemist and speak with (her or him) about what is avaiable.



Posted on 2006-10-03 at 15:54:08.
Edited on 2006-10-03 at 15:55:51 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Kyle ( Posted on 2006-09-19 at 00:16:30.)

What? -----------------------------------
During the meal it was brought to the attention of Conall that the party was only to spend the day and leave at first light of the moon. In a whisper tone, “Lord Alasdir, I am to hear that we will not be spending the night?”




Posted on 2006-10-04 at 03:19:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Derynilord ( Posted on 2006-09-19 at 15:13:41.)

Time to sleep in a bed... -----------------------------
"Nay, my dear Conall we shall indeed spend the night in this town," said Alasdair in response to Lord Conall's question. Apparently there was some confusion in their midst as to keeping to their nightly travel routine or to stay the entire night in the town. "My friends, I feel that leaving in the middle of the night would draw attention to ourselves. Plus we could use the extra time to provision ourselves and try to do alittle research and fact finding, we need to know what has been happening elsewhere while we've been travelling. These are my thoughts, not my command... So, what is everone's thoughts on how long we stay?" finished Alasdair.



Posted on 2006-10-04 at 03:21:46.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Bromern Sal ( Posted on 2006-09-20 at 19:15:21.)

A Night's Rest... At Last! ----------------------------------------------
Cor took heart at the news that they'd be staying the night. He knew perfectly well that the party's quest was of great import, but held strongly to the belief that ample rest was necessary for the success of their mission. Besides: this meant a bed (even a cheap one was better than sleeping under the stars), a fire, ale, laughter, and possibly music, all of which he was only too happy to experience. The stout dwarf indulged in his meal and ordered seconds. He fairly drowned himself in ale, though out of propriety and a sense of duty towards his companions and the mission at hand, he only allowed himself to get marginally drunk; as it were for a dwarf. He's no desire to purchase anything at any of the shops and since he's been traveling at night, is more than happy to hit the sack early.

Dreams of dark mine shafts, the ringing of pick and hammer on stone, and the ever-present sense of glory and power that flowed through him from Odin's Heart filled his dreams, and by morning the dwarven priest is ready to wake, hold his services to Odin (singing his praise in a low voice so as not to wake any of the other tenents at the inn) and set about his watch. Cor is awake, sober, and ready to go (though not without asking how far to the next settlement where they could find lodgings that would better suite his tastes).




Posted on 2006-10-04 at 03:23:25.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Tinder ( Posted on 2006-09-21 at 09:04:39.)

newspaper with breakfast please -----------------------------------------
As the lad placed the mead and beard on a near by barrel, “You look like an intellect well informed lad, by chance can you enlighten me to the happening in this fair part, for I haven’t travel here in a long while.” For as everyone know a wee little boy hears and see a lot while being unnoticed as a threat. As here answer my question I will part with a few silver to this honorable and gifted fellow.


Posted on 2006-10-04 at 06:32:46.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6254 Posts


Alacrity ( Posted on 2006-09-22 at 12:55:57.)

beer and bed ----------------------
Magma puts a few coin down in the tabel of the local bar. "Ale, keep it coming. When the coins run out, I'll want a bed for the night, and prehaps a bath for my comapnions sake."






Posted on 2006-10-04 at 06:36:00.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.