The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4012 registered users. Our newest member is DissertationHelpDeal.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - 5e One Shot Adventure (posted by Ayrn)5e One Shot Adventure
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Capasha - Audalis Campaign Setting (posted by Eol Fefalas)Audalis: Capasha
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Alacrity)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by TannTalas)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


I do think some times.

As Cor spoke Maggot felt a slight pressure on his arm, he glanced over and saw the Lady Cynil with a single tear. He patted her hand gently and whispered, ‘Two conies on an open fire.” He then sniffed deeply as if he smelled his grandma’s cooking.

He then gave his attention back to Cor, ‘Perhaps Maggot is on to something.’

Maggot open eyes wide and said, “I am?” Cynil then spoke of some raisins. Maggot smiled back “MMMM, white grapes or red grapes? Ah, it matters not, I just like raisins.”

Conall then rejoined the conversation after his visit with his All Father, Odin. He asked about the magic raisins and eating them by mistake. Before Maggot could speak Cor put Conall at ease and explained the wealth of having Niamedris as one of us. Alasdair the Found and Ulthok the Master of Shadows thought the plan Maggot had come up with was pretty good too. Then there was a question of teleporting and having a good landing.

“Well you see, when Niamedris returns those that can skin change will move forward and when a place is found those that can teleport will study the spot. Think of that spot, know the spot, paint a picture in your mind of that spot. Then return to those left here. With such a short time passing from painting to teleporting the spot will be fresh in our mind or at least my mind. For I have both abilities in question. I can skin change and teleport.” Maggot then reached into his pack and removed a bit of dried meat and handed to Haila, “For Niamedris upon his return.”


OOC, Odin is master Yoda? So how big is the Halls of Valhalla? I mean his house in the swamps was small. Sorry I digress.


Posted on 2011-08-09 at 04:10:23.
Edited on 2011-08-09 at 04:19:44 by Kyle

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck...

"Ahh don't look so sad Kenji me lad. Things may appear bleak now but I dare it could always get worse. That is exactly what my old "doomsday professor" always said; "Enjoy it now, it gets worse later". Cor said
Kenji grunted as was his usual response when he had nothing really to say… he didn’t discourage because of their situation looked bleak… death did not scare him… his demeanor at the moment was because he knew that he once again would be no help in getting them out of this jam…

As the others converse on various magical means of getting them past the blockage ahead… he quietly sat and meditated… though he might seem to not be paying attention… he heard everything that was said… but he would appear to be motionless and oblivious to all around him… his meditation served to calm his mind and body… and it even slowed down his respiration to the point that one had to look closely to see if he was still breathing…

He was silently waiting till some course of action was decided upon … he had no doubt that they would come up with something…




Posted on 2011-08-13 at 00:29:23.

Skye
Resident
Karma: 25/0
247 Posts


I'm late, I'm late, i'm late!

Althena rested against the corridor wall and listened as the conversations of her companions washed over her. There was little she could do to assist in the unearthing of a path and she was fairly sure that magic raisins were not the answer to their dilemma. She closed her eyes and tried to remain calm. They had managed to find their way out of worse scrapes than this and she was confident that this puzzle too would be solved in time.

Her quiet contemplations were interrupted by a familiar and well-loved voice inside her mind.

“When we complete this quest, the two of us shall have to take a journey of our own. One in which we do not face death every few moments."
Althena smiled and opened her eyes, her gaze coming to rest upon her beloved Alasdair. “Indeed dearest, a vacation, just you and I. Somewhere warm, with open fields and moonlit nights. So long as we are together almost anywhere would be a welcome reprieve from where we are now.”
Glancing in the direction Haila’s familiar had traveled Althena sighed and waited patiently for whatever news the cat might bring. She sincerely hoped he returned swiftly before certain members of the party lost it all together. Magic raisins and little girls plummeting down rabbit holes, Althena had to make a concentrated effort not to shake her head, what nonsense…


Posted on 2011-08-13 at 17:05:15.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6331 Posts


My week late post.

Niamedris’s Journey
With his trip to the rear of the party tunnel, finished Niamedris was asked to check to its front. Making sure to dart between Ulthok’s legs using his tail to cause the Halfling to jump on purpose, he so loved doing that to the littlest of the party, the Elvin cat and mage familiar made his way quickly down the tunnel to find himself before the reduced sized tunnel. As the short person had said it was a very small hole and too tiny in dimensions for even the small Elvin cat to breach.

Gazing around Niamedris made sure none of the party was near, called upon one of his magical powers, and began to reduce himself in size. When he was finally the size of a small mouse he moved into and through the continuing tunnel. With the tunnel now more then large enough for the Elvin cat Niamedris was able to move quickly yet for awhile the tunnel seemed never-ending the size varying from its present state to medium sized but no where large enough in size to fit the biggest armored one, Alasdair, at his full human size. They would all have to remain small for a long time.

Stopping Niamedris thought of continuing, however knowing he had been gone some time and with no end to this small passageway yet in sight decided to return to his friend and ‘supposed‘ master, the pretty human girl Haila, and tell her of his findings this far. As he hurried back towards the party, moving quickly, but more aware, Niamedris began to notice even smaller cracks in the walls of tunnel to both sides all of them ragged and rough. The small holes dotted the sides from ground level to ceiling in such randomness to make even the cats senses spin. Pausing to check one of them closer he caught from inside the scent/stink of decay as if many things lay dead within them.

Using his senses both inherent and magical he came to realize that the rock itself smelled of decay, rot and felt of long ingrained evil. As he gazed at the area around him, his senses now fully alert, he caught sight of a larger opening leading to an area underneath what he realized was the triangle’s base as it was made of crafted stone and not natural rock.

As the Elvin cat prepared to return to the rest, he realized something that the big ones had not. The whole base of rock under the triangle of stone was ingrained with the essence of evil and anything alive was no longer, what it was meant to be. Wasting no more time Niamedris quickened his pace, his only goal to warn the big ones of the danger they faced.

The Party waits
As the party watched Haila’s cat spring into action, darting between Ulthok’s legs causing him, even in the confines of the corridor to jump. As the party tried to relax they found the best way to do so for the larger members was simply to lean backwards, resting their spines against one wall with knees braced to the front as sitting, kneeling, and laying on the ground was impossible due to the closeness of the walls.

Once as comfortable as they could make themselves the talk of how to continue forward began. With teleport, shifting shapes, and a story about a girl called Alice all thrown around the time passed quickly. However after three hours of waiting and the cat having yet to reappear Haila began to worry.

Three hours turned to three and a half then four and suddenly as if from nowhere Niamedris, normal sized once more, was once again among them. Without his usual dig at Ulthok he was quickly in Haila’s arms, his head pressed to hers...................

Flirt in mind-to-mind he informs you what he found out up ahead.
(DM OOC: OK once again I must announce a pair of changes to Trilogy, 1 good, 1 bad. First the bad....

As of earlier this week, Phelan PM’d to inform me of his dropping of Conall. He felt that the character and game were just not right for him and with no hard feelings wanted to move on. I wish him well as should all of you and hope he finds a game better suited to him. Now the good news. As her husband is no longer in the game Celeste and I decided that it would make more sense for her to switch characters and instead of playing Cynil, she would instead take over and play Sirene.

So starting this week Sirene is an active character once more and Cynil and Conall are both NPC‘s, due to be written out of the game as I have decided not to ask for new players for them.

Ok sorry about no post this past Sunday but due to the up and down of the Inn and quite a bit of RL and online drama I did not feel like posting much of anything, so I hope this post makes up for that.)


Posted on 2011-08-15 at 04:21:19.
Edited on 2011-08-15 at 04:22:23 by TannTalas

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Decisions...

Using his senses both inherent and magical he came to realize that the rock itself smelled of decay, rot and felt of long ingrained evil. As he gazed at the area around him, his senses now fully alert, he caught sight of a larger opening leading to an area underneath what he realized was the triangle’s base as it was made of crafted stone and not natural rock.

As the Elvin cat prepared to return to the rest, he realized something that the big ones had not. The whole base of rock under the triangle of stone was ingrained with the essence of evil and anything alive was no longer, what it was meant to be. Wasting no more time Niamedris quickened his pace, his only goal to warn the big ones of the danger they faced.
------------------------------------------------------------
Niamedris had come racing back and straight into her arms. Holding him close she listened as he told her of the dangers that awaited them ahead. The woman nodded to her feline affectionately petting him and gently kissing the top of his head in thanks.

Haila turned to the rest of the party and relayed the message to them about the trials that they would have to face. It did not take long for the woman to voice her suggestions to the rest of the party members.

"I believe it would be wise for one of us to cast protection from evil. It would be ideal if we, the spellcasters, took the time to memorize new spells and use the opportunity of security to sleep. I know that it will be tight quarters for all of us to sleep, so if there are no objections, I believe all fighters in need of any healing, step forward to be healed before we rest. Our best bet is to come at this from a rested point of view. The fighters can stand guard over the rest of us while they throw around ideas on if we dig our way backward and find a new path, or if we risk proceeding ahead."

The woman fell silent as she continued to give affection to her familiar her mind replaying the information provided to her. It would be difficult, but she could feel the evil around her, and she knew the path before them would be more difficult than they could ever imagine. Silently she began praying for the prayers she decided she would memorize for the next part of their journey. The woman knelt down and leaned against the wall of the dark, damp tunnel carefully as she closed her eyes. Allowing the world to fade she let herself fall into the world of dreams in hopes of waking fully rested with new spells to help in their journey.


Posted on 2011-08-19 at 01:34:16.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


not much to do.... not a caster...

Kenji watched as the strange cat returned and it went to Lady Haila who seemed to communicate with it… when she related what it had seen Kenji thought on that… when she was done and said what she thought they should do he shrugged… then he spoke up from his cross-legged position.

“Perhaps this larger area under the triangle the cat spoke of should be examined.” he said though it wasn’t formed as a question…

The samurai sat with his short sword sheathed across his knees… he still sat at the front of the group guarding the top as the rest did what they did and decisions were made whether to rest further or continue… he had little to offer in ways around this blockage… he had no magical skills… so he would be little use in that regard.

He waited for decisions to made so actions could be carried out… he longed for something to do… he wanted to be out of this accused tunnel… he was an outdoor person… he liked room to move.. To fight… he disliked these tight spaces and constant mental challenges … he almost wished they had gone overland… yes they might have died but at least he would have died fighting and not buried under rock.


Posted on 2011-08-19 at 01:53:22.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


rest

Cor listened as the path ahead and the evil below was explained. "Perhaps it is best we take time to reorganize our spells. But in order to do so we need a good watch." Cor looked to Kenji, "What say you lad? Can you keep us safe should any of the vile creepy beasties try to visit?"


Posted on 2011-08-20 at 03:05:01.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6116 Posts


Looking down on his heroes......

Ulthok listened to what the sneaky feline had found and then to Cor about preparing their spells.

"Well then I guess telaport is out so I'll see what I can do about helping you all find out what it's like to be small."

Ulthok chuckled and added. "I'll go last at being shrunk, I've been wondering what it would be like to be taller than Alasdair."


Posted on 2011-08-20 at 03:18:19.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


reply...

"Perhaps it is best we take time to reorganize our spells. But in order to do so we need a good watch." Cor looked to Kenji, "What say you lad? Can you keep us safe should any of the vile creepy beasties try to visit?"

Kenji looked at Cor incredulously … then he grunted “Of Course… but I can only protect the front approach… someone will have to watch the rear.”


Posted on 2011-08-20 at 03:45:21.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


creepy

"Now that I think about it, perhaps turning into creepy thigns ourselves would be a good plan. I do not like the idea of staying in places where 'things once living are no longer as they were' as that sounds alot like 'dead' to me.


Posted on 2011-08-21 at 03:08:12.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Gulliver's problems...

"Now that I think about it, perhaps turning into creepy thigns ourselves would be a good plan. I do not like the idea of staying in places where 'things once living are no longer as they were' as that sounds alot like 'dead' to me.” Cor said.
Kenji thought on that and then asked from his cramped position at the front…

“You mention changing us into smaller things… is it possible to just shrink us down and remain the same? … I don’t know your magic and what is capable… If we were just smaller we could still have our own abilities yes? That I like…. Then we could check out that area that the cat found that might be under the pyramid… just suggestions.”

He shrugged and went back to trying to get as comfortable as he could in the extremely cramped tunnel… he hoped someone decided to act for the longer they sat here the more possible there was that something would find them here… and they had little room to fight anything here.



Posted on 2011-08-21 at 21:23:48.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

I will watch the rear," remarks Rayne. "Others can share watches that so not have spells to learn. I pray for my powers that are granted by my deity. Then I will be available for a watch."

Rayne tried not to think of what lay ahead, not of how far they had come and how close they ere to the end. Each step must be taken before the next could be. This was not always an easy thing to do. Her active mind and imagination needed to be put in perspective. That is what her mother used to tell her.

Upon reflection, it amazed that on how short a time she had know some of most of them and shorter for others. who had recently joined them. Amazing, but perhaps more than just coincidence , that those newcomers, even as she had been earlier all found a important niche to fill and more than that they worked well in the team that had undertaking this quest.

Quietly Rayne prayed to Kith Jora and added in as well the other good and neutral gods that might have had a hand in this. "Thanks you, Kith Jora, for your continued aid that has helped me help this party, I pray we will succeed. I work for that end." Thanks those other also for their aid to their worshipers that has helped us to build a party that has the chance of succeeding . Protect us from the evil that has seeped into this place, Guard our minds and bodies. Finished with her players she prays for divine power for her spells and then takes up her watch.


Posted on 2011-08-21 at 23:09:39.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2209 Posts


excellent idea

"Wee versions of ourselves; now that is an interesting idea lad." Cor looked at Kenji, "Are ya sure you donna have a wee bit of mage in ya lad to come up with such an idea?"


Posted on 2011-08-21 at 23:14:32.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


An old man thinking out loud.

'I have not the ability to shrink myself or others but I can make myself a very small creepy crawly things. But I fear not all can go at once. I also feel that creepy crawly things will cover more ground than shrinking oneself. Just an observation I have made over the many years in the wild regions of these lands.' The old man continues to mumble to himself for a bit longer. The old man then stands abruptly and looks over his shoulder at the same time. Doing this in his current location causes him to cut the bridge of his nose and scrape his forehead a bit.

The old man then slumps back down in the hall, his eyes grow wide and he is growing visibly annoyed. "We can not rest! We can not sleep! The spells we have now are the only spells we have!." Maggot then shuts up and begins to shake his head no. After just a few seconds of this he covers his ears and slowly rocks back and forth whispering, 'No, No, No...' After a few more seconds of this the old man throws his hands out and shout, "NO! SHUT UP BROTHER! I WILL NOT ASK OF THEM WHAT YOU ASKED OF ME!" a pendent now glows with a faint light from Maggots tattered cape. Before the pendent was old and ancient looking and was a dull, unpolished gem stone at best.

The old man's body goes limp in his confined space and be sobs sorrowfully, "I wish it would have been me instead of you. Trapped upon the river you can never cross alone and I being the reason for that." his eyes open now and a fire grows in them, "and her giving to me this curse that effects you so." The old man then begins to laugh, "and now you wish me to ask of my friends something I would never condemn on my worst enemy to, not even the Dark Lord of the Nine. No brother I will never carry the guilt of sending to you companionship unless it is myself."

The old man then looks out into a place fare away, "We must all go on together. Forward or the long road behind, but together. But forward means some among us can not do it while in this world or of this world but tucked away in some safe place." the old man laughs at that, "Safe? Not as long as my love is out there." he shakes that thought away, "Forward, only that way can some go as themselves, only small; some go upon wings so as to go quickly to carry the tiny ones; and still others just go." the old man shrugs at that and then looks at the Lady Althena, "They just go. But you can not make me ask of them what my brother asked of me."

The old man then slumps over and weeps. He is visibly exhausted as if he had fought a great battle and won but only just.


Posted on 2011-08-22 at 23:27:53.
Edited on 2011-08-23 at 00:42:17 by Kyle

Steelight
Sage of the Realms
Karma: 44/9
1024 Posts


Alasdair

After listening calmly to the words of the others he spoke.

"Alright everyone. It is obvious that we need to become something small to continue further. I would prefer not to leave any behind, as that has hurt us significantly in the past. My friends, please tell me what spells we have that may help us. I believe polymorph spells should be able to change the size of a creature without actually changing form, but I may be mistaken. It also sounds like we have some form of swarm effect at our disposal."

"I agree that we must protect ourselves from the evil the cat spoke of. Protection from evil and similar spells will likely only be effective for a short time this close to such evil, so be wary. My faith will protect some of us. Those too distant from me will need protection of their own."

The paladin looks around. Seeing everyone cramped into whatever nook cranny or uncomfortable ditch they ca find he smiles encouragingly.

"It appears to be too cramped to rest effectively, but if our casters need the rest tor eplenish their spells so be it. Then we shall steel ourselves and go forth, humbled both in size and ego by the power of the earth above our heads."

The paladin closes his eyes for a moment, mouthing a silent prayer to Odin. Then waits for the others to relay the spells at their disposal that might be of help.

(OOC: The intent is to usher the group forward, in whatever form necessary to move on (ideally our own form only smaller), while guarding the group from evil as well as possible and maintaining as much fighting capability as they can. Unless there is other input the order will be as shown in the Q&A.)


Posted on 2011-08-23 at 18:28:45.
Edited on 2011-08-23 at 18:44:22 by Steelight

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.