The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


Don't worry

hears as Maggot's innards come out. He says.

"Don't worry about me now Cor, a short rest will do me well."*turns head to Maggot*"Worry about him.Keep your strength for Maggot and other encounters."

Kenji sits down and cleans his blades. "All will be fine...for now. As long as we are all able to continue. That is what matters."

After he finishes cleaning his blades, Kenji falls into a nap saying "Wake me in a hour."


Posted on 2011-10-12 at 04:29:18.
Edited on 2011-10-13 at 20:16:45 by Takley

Lady Dark
Resident
Karma: 39/2
285 Posts


Sirene

The plan had merit - splitting up the party would mean leaving each team vulnerable, and they needed each other. Casting a glance about the battlefield, Sirene smoothed out the fabric of her clothing, and rubbed the back of her neck.
She found a decent position that gave her a clear view of her companions and the area around them, and made herself somewhat comfortable - enough that she could nap a bit and recover herself a little before pressing onward.


Posted on 2011-10-13 at 20:26:17.
Edited on 2011-10-17 at 19:17:03 by Lady Dark

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


the plan

"Alright the plan is we rest up tonight and then explore the rooms tomorrow as a group. Those on watch stay extra sharp. The closer we get to our goal the more unexpected guests I expect."


Posted on 2011-10-15 at 23:22:09.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Huh............

Ulthok listened to Cor assess and then gave the party direction.

I know some of you wish to explore and others to rest. Splitting the party is not going to happen. If there is one things we should have learned so far is that it takes us all working together. I will not risk losing anyone as that might spell failure for our mission. The rooms will be there in a couple hours after we rest. Those we require sleep see to your bedrolls. The others will take shifts to watch and clean weapons. Are there any objections?"
"Well as Uncle Trapspringer used to say, …When given lemons make hay while the sun shines!”……...Ulthok looked around at blank expressions on his companions faces.

Then with a straight face he said, ”Ok,..so I never understood that one either, …but we should gather our wits and reassess our spell choices….. The evil magic of this place has rendered many of the creatures immune to battle spells, but not our weapons……… Each of you has shown the martial skills that I fear will be the real saving of our mission………… Our spells may not work well on these things that try to stop us, but they will work on the things around us. So I would recommend we review those things that help us, instead of those that are pure weapons. “

The Halfling then found a comfortable spot to rest and study spells that may help them.



Posted on 2011-10-16 at 00:06:04.
Edited on 2011-10-16 at 00:12:26 by Odyson

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne sheathed her sword and moved over to the wounded. When the talked turned to exploring the area, wanted to go explore this area. After all exploring was part and parcel of being a ranger. However, her healing spells would be needed here by the wounded. I suggest I use my healing spells on the injured and the spell caster rest to regain their spells. and then wait here to protect them so that they can rest. Those of you who are fit desire to explore can do that. I will stay to care for and defend the ones that remain here."

Moving over to Maggot she put a hand on his shoulders to keep him from rising. You my friend are to stay still for now. Your magics as well as the others' magics have given us our chance but now you need healing and rest."

Rayne will used her healing spells from highest to lowest to heal those more seriously damaged to those with lesser damage first. After healing all she can she looks for a place for the wounded and spell caster to gather, cleaning it up as necessary.


Posted on 2011-10-16 at 18:50:33.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


/\

"ulthok my wee lad, your uncle was indeed an interesting person. Your observations are well noted and some like me do tend to take spells that aid us instead of targeting our enemies. But it is never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. Some offensive spells are always appreciated."


Posted on 2011-10-16 at 18:52:12.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


The time to rest is over

As the party decided to rest up, heal, and regain lost spells once more, Althena finally back on her feet, though a little shaky, stepped forward to address the party as a whole before any of the talked about actions could take place. Her face all in the party could see, was set in one of unyielding determination.

“I am sorry my friends but we cannot rest! I feel the sword above us and even now it calls out to anything it can corrupt to come and protect it. To rest allows it that much more time to gather more allies to its aid then the ten creatures I sense that already guard it now. It is close, so very close, and I must gain it into my possession in order to silence its cry for help. If we ever hope to gain our goal and leave this place alive we must not hesitate yet again. Search the rooms if you want, heal those of us that need it as the metal stairs cool, but soon in no more then fifteen minutes I think the stairs will be cool enough to climb. The choice I leave to each of you, but in fifteen minutes with or without you my friends, I am going up those stairs!”
Alasdair as the party knew he would, stepped to her side took her hand in his and faced her

“Have no fear my love, my heart, you will not go up those stairs alone” Turning to the rest he looked to them. “Who else will follow the lady and I up those stairs?”
The silence was deep as at first no one of the shocked party did move, and then with a look to Conall of duty inclined sadness Cynil stepped forward to join them, raising the number headed up the stairs to three........

(DM OOC: Ok there is my post for this week, and you all have a choice stay and rest regaining spells, health, and so forth. Alternatively, to follow Alasdair Althena and Cynil up the stairs to face the sword above. Please be sure to post your choice in game so I know who is going and who is not.
Also a head‘s up to Magic-user players. Standing guard is really not recommended as Mage’s & Cleric’s need a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep to memorize or pray to gain spells. Standing guard is better left to the none magic-using fighter types. After all is that not the REAL reason to keep fighter types around . Ok Next post, next Sunday GAME ON!!)


Posted on 2011-10-17 at 04:57:41.
Edited on 2011-10-17 at 04:58:56 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

"Well lass, I guess that goes in the objections category." Cor took a moment before adding, "You all heard her, up the stairs we go in 15 minutes. As she is the reason we are here there is really no room for discussion. Ulthok me lad, if you want to rummage the rooms do it quick and take Kenji with you just in case there are any besties in them. Everone else do what you can to get ready."


Posted on 2011-10-17 at 18:35:52.

Lady Dark
Resident
Karma: 39/2
285 Posts


Sirene

Sirene stood, taking a great breath. Though there was some merit as well to the lady Althena's plan, there was more harm in it than good. And finding her voice, Sirene moved towards her and stood respectful.

"My lady, please. We all understand the importance of this task you have set before us, but you cannot ask us to do this with such haste. We have chosen to do this, there is no need to force us. If we proceed now, we risk having less than our true strength to protect you with, and leaves us vulnerable. I beseech thee, let us rest a bit."


Posted on 2011-10-17 at 19:23:21.

gboy
Wee Grugglet
Karma: 57/27
1669 Posts


Cynil, let's think this through... Oh yeah, and you two as well.

Conall listened to the ideas as they were being put forward, whether to rest, press on, or explore. Believing rest to be the most valid option, he was about to voice his opinion when Althena interrupted him, imploring the party to press on. A man true to his heart, Alasdair also joined Althena, knowing she needed to have support. Once again, Conall opened his mouth to speak, only to see Cynil also walk over to them and join them. Conall was now torn, and thought he better open his mouth before anything else radical and drastic were to silence him.

"Althena. Alasdair. Cynil, my dear. Let us be reasonable here. Resting here, even if it's just enough so that our spellcasters are fully prepared for what is ahead is crucial. You say you can sense 10 things above, yes Althena? I would rather fight 15 well prepared than fight 10 with some of us not as prepared as we could be. We need to optimize our resources, and running in to what could be the toughest battle of this journey without everyone in prime condition is a signed letter for a one way trip to the nine hells. This sword will be silenced, and I would like to avoid having some of my comrades silenced before that sword. Althena, please. The poison of these roaches might still be influencing you. Take a moment, and think of what I've said."

Looking directly at Cynil now, instead of addressing the three of them, Conall adds, "Surely you can see my point of view, light of my mornings. Do you not agree?"


Posted on 2011-10-17 at 22:28:46.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


vote time

"Ok, perhaps we are all being a bit hasty. Since we have 15 minutes or so until the steps cool perhaps we should cool ourselves as well. So, let's all put forth our thoughts and then vote." Cor looked at the others. "I for one would rather have us all well rested and prepared even if we face a few more dangers than going into a fight unpreparred. What say the rest of you?"


Posted on 2011-10-18 at 00:27:30.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Just saying.............

"Great googoly moogoly” Ulthok moaned.

“Rest, don’t rest. Explore, don’t explore! “

“ I am here to follow My Lady. I will follow you as needed, but My Lady those stairs were glowing red hot. Only enchanted metal could cool so quickly to allow all passage in fifteen minutes. Our brave Paladins have made many of their own their own weapons and would know how long it takes metal to cool. I fear the forces are once again driving us and this time focusing on you. The forces speaking to you may be using half truths to drive us to rush in. You are sensitive to this evil and now it may be trying to use that against you. I for one know this force, it drove me when I should have known better, but I am a poor fool of a Halfling.

Would it be so unusual to think that it would also hide that could be used against it, say behind the giant home of enchanted roaches? Why would those doors be the last in the room? Could it be a different way to the sword, less protected, less obvious?

I simple propose a choice to charging head on into a waiting enemy.


Posted on 2011-10-18 at 02:50:01.
Edited on 2011-10-18 at 03:11:39 by Odyson

Lady Dark
Resident
Karma: 39/2
285 Posts


Sirene

Sirene nodded at her companions wise words. "Listen to reason, My Lady. We are your friends, and we mean no harm. Surely you see our reasoning?"


Posted on 2011-10-18 at 03:10:44.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


rest it is

"Well it seems the votes have been cast and the majority wishes to rest. Therefore rest we shall." Cor looked to Althena "All of us will rest. There is an old axiom; divide and conquer. The reverse is also true; divide and be conquered. There has not been a test yet that did not take all of us to complete. I see no reason that should change. Althena lass, you may be the reason for the mission but I am the leader and have been charged with your safety. We will all see you through to your tasks completion. Have faith." Cor then turned and asked Alasdair to set a watch rotation.


Posted on 2011-10-18 at 21:15:21.

Takley
RDI Fixture
Karma: 25/34
607 Posts


Wakey wakey

Kenji awakes as the Voices echo throughout the cavern.

"Althena, you need rest like the other casters do. Don't you trust the swordsmen to keep you alive? Besides, we need to stay together if we want to stay alive.The beasts are after you, you can't go with only a three person party."

He gets up and walks over to Althena and puts his hand on her shoulder. "We all need you, you may be able to lead us to the sword. But you can not if your dead."


Posted on 2011-10-22 at 22:25:18.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.