The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


Hello.. Peri.............

Ulthok turned back to dresser.
The Dragonet did a small bow in his direction as her bright purple eyes twinkled with mischief.

“Well my dear Ulthok, I believe you have yourself a deal. I shall be your companion, but on one condition. Perhaps keep a supply of apple pies and the occasional gem…..I rather like looking at them in the sun. ……..Oh, you might want to prepare yourself, my dear Ulthok, if I become your companion, I can be quite a handful.” The small creature giggled lightly.

“Thank you for the apple pie…. I.. um… sort of helped myself…” ,
pausing …………

“Oh! Silly me! I haven’t properly introduced myself. My apologies, I tend to be rather scatter brained especially when apple pie is involved. My name is Periwinkle Thistledown, but you, my dear Ulthok, may call me Peri.”
The fact that the female creatures in the room were now both looking at him with a raised eye brow did not escape Ulthok’s notice. But Dragonet’s acceptance delighted the Halfling so he had no clue what he was now in for.

“Oh… uh…Peri…I will do what I can to keep you in treats , though travel may prove it a challenge…so let me start now. Willing a touch of spirit into his ring the Mage vanished , he quickly slipped to his pack and found a special stone. Reappearing by the dresser he held out a .”I’ve found that this one can sparkle nicly in the sun. Shall we say it is a start.”

With that the door opened and in walked Cor. "What for the love of Odin has you two..." There he stopped as he noticed a small pseudo-dragon sitting on the table. "Well lad, seems you have an actual reason for being late. I suppose that wee creature is your new familiar? If so, lets get a move on. Others are waiting." With that he turned and left the room.

Laughing Ulthok smiled, “Did I say Good Friends and Small Joys..or.. Small Friends and Good Joys? Well there you have both, that’s Cor.. our leader and my old friend, he loves a good joke, but not on him.

Looking back the pretty Red headed Halfling that had shared his bed, “This charming lady is Valene Beestringer, she too is a Small Friend and a Good Joy.

You’ll meeting the others soon, there’s Rayne, she’s a good fighter and loyal to our cause.

Sirene is our strongest Mage, she’s been very moody of late, the lost of friends and family has not been easy for her, watch for the cat with her… it’s magic too and there may be a bit mischief there. After all it is a cat….

Althena is a Valar and the reason for our quest, she too has had a bit shadow on her spirit.

Weaver is Bard and fighter, a bit odd but a good person inside.

Then there is Luthor, be gentle with him, he a good boy, just not use to magic and mystical beings. The rest can take care of themselves.

Well guess we better get a wiggle on and meet the others. I’ll see if we can a bit of food for road as we pass the kitchen…..Peri…. if you wish come with us now or meet us later we are about to continue or quest.

When you are ready I’ll introduce you to the rest of our party.



Posted on 2012-11-04 at 02:29:28.
Edited on 2012-11-04 at 02:44:13 by Odyson

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


Butterflies and apple pies

Upon awakening the next morning Valene was in for a surprise. Inside the now empty pie tin was a small dragon with butterfly wings. It was beautiful. She had heard of such creatures but had never encountered one.

Her surprise grew when she heard the small dragon speak to Ulthok in elven. Periwinkle, as the dragon had called herself, was Ulthok's familiar? How very way cool. She was a bit envious. Valene wanted one too.

As Valene thought of this she remembered the anklet. She had put it on the night before, as not to lose it. Valene had prayed to Olidammara, her god, for the best mount for her. After some "extra curricular activity" with Ulthok, she had fallen asleep. Her dreams showed a creature strange to her. Appearing as half dog/half tiger and the word tyrg was heard in the dream.

As Ulthok and Periwinkle finalize their negotiations and the introductions are established, Valene takes Ulthok's hand and walks toward the door. As Cor comes in, Valene smiles up at him, then walks toward the entrance with Ulthok.

Heading out the door, Valene stands a bit away from the group. Donning the mask she received at the temple as her holy symbol, she concentrates. A large tyrg appears with a saddle and reins. She approaches the tyrg and makes friends with it. Then she climbs on its back, starting her prayers to Olidammara from the creatures back, she is ready for the new adventures awaiting them.


Posted on 2012-11-04 at 02:29:46.
Edited on 2012-11-04 at 02:33:06 by Mischief

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Upon reentering the city Rayne had one stop left to make. The Pegasus rider Barracks. She weill enpty out her foot locker next to her bed, Rayne pick a time when the morning patrols would already be off and the rest eating. There might even be a few still abed especially the night partol. She open the lid of her chest and removed her uniforms off to the side and then took out her clothes packed away for the rtime that she was not in sevice. She carefully folded her uniforms and left then on jer bed. The Cedar chest gave off a pleasent aroma as well as the bay leaves that were scattered amongst the clothes to keep the bugs away. As well as bay leaves there w.as a small net bag of Camphor berries and juniper berries. They combained scents had permeadited her clothes.

Rayne folded and refolded her uniforms untilthey were just right. The smell wafted through the air scenting it p;easantly. Rayne packed away her personal belongsing including the outfit she had arrived her in. Fine leathers in the elven fashion marked with the badge of the rangers she had belonged to before acception a postion in the Pegasus Riders. She fingers the coldern tree on a green oval patch that was embroidered with great detain and trimmed around the edge with the same colden color as the tree the edge was small interwined vines nad leaves that could only really be made out when you closely examined the bade.

When all was packed away she shut the lid of the chest and walked away.. The knowledge that she would never again be a part of the pPegasus Riders hurt more now that yesterday. This final act of removing all her belongings sharpened her lost. Leaving the barracks she closed the foor behins. a literal and figurative leaving.

Well her mother had always told her that if on path closes another will be found. She had made the decision that closed off the path to the Pegasus Riders and HEr choice put her on a continuring or really new path with them. Rayne was committed to this choice. Mother was right. One path closes another appears. She wondered where it would bring her to.


Posted on 2012-11-04 at 07:16:34.

VivianEverBloom
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
21 Posts


The Sparkling Stone and the Great Adventure

Peri curled her tail around her side as she waited for the Halfling to respond to her acquisitions. Her wings flitted as her eyes twinkled with mischief staring at him intently. She giggled slightly to herself. Had she given him a shock? That would be a horrible way to start this companionship now wouldn’t it. Her eyes fluttered back up and saw his lips beginning to move. Oh! Goody, he’s responding.

“Oh… uh…Peri…I will do what I can to keep you in treats, though travel may prove it a challenge…so let me start now.” With his words he vanished from in front of her and appeared next to his bag. What was he doing? She frowned slightly as the scales on her back ebbed down as her mind was consumed with curiosity. Within a moment, he appeared back in front of her again.

”I’ve found that this one can sparkle nicely in the sun. Shall we say it is a start.” He held out a glittering stone to her. Once she realized it was for her, her wings perked up again as she eagerly took it from his hands. She moved it back and forth as she watched it glint with the light coming in from the window. Her eyes twinkled with enjoyment. Tearing herself away from the beautiful stone, she noticed everyone was looking at her. Oh no… she must have gotten distracted. She placed the stone safely in her pouch around her waist and flew to Ulthok’s shoulders.

Curling her tail gingerly around his neck she whispered in his ear so only he could hear. “I rather love the stone. Thank you ever so much, my dear Ulthok.” She tilted her head lightly at the one who had come in while she was distracted by the stone, curious as to whom he was.

The Halfling smiled and answered her question as if knowing what she was thinking. “Did I say Good Friends and Small Joys..or.. Small Friends and Good Joys? Well there you have both, that’s Cor.. our leader and my old friend, he loves a good joke, but not on him.” Peri giggled at his joke then frowned slightly. So no mischief on his part… pity.

Following his gaze to the woman who she had seen the night before, Peri continued to listen. “This charming lady is Valene Beestringer, she too is a Small Friend and a Good Joy.” She smiled brightly at the woman and bowed to her. She seemed as if she might be able to withstand some mischief. Good, this could be promising. Ulthok continued talking as Peri grinned at Valene, “You’ll meeting the others soon, there’s Rayne, she’s a good fighter and loyal to our cause.”

“Sirene is our strongest Mage, she’s been very moody of late, the lost of friends and family has not been easy for her, watch for the cat with her… it’s magic too and there may be a bit mischief there. After all it is a cat…. “ Peri’s grin fell as heard the bit about the cat. Her nose wrinkled ever so slightly. She never was too fond of the furry creatures.

“Althena is a Valar and the reason for our quest, she too has had a bit shadow on her spirit. “ Shadow? How curious… perhaps she could go with them on the quest. It most certainly had peaked her interest.

“Weaver is Bard and fighter, a bit odd but a good person inside. Then there is Luthor, be gentle with him, he a good boy, just not use to magic and mystical beings. The rest can take care of themselves.” Her wings flitted with excitement. She was going to meet them all! What great fun! She would finally be a part of a great adventure.

”Well guess we better get a wiggle on and meet the others. I’ll see if we can a bit of food for road as we pass the kitchen…..Peri…. if you wish come with us now or meet us later we are about to continue or quest. When you are ready I’ll introduce you to the rest of our party.”

She giggled at him as she laid her head on his should softly. “That sounds like a lovely idea. And as far as joining you now or later.” She then lowered her voice to a whisper to him, “You’re rather stuck with me now my dear Ulthok. So lead on. I would love to meet the rest of the party.” As they head out, she pulled out her stone and watched it glint again the morning sun.





Posted on 2012-11-04 at 22:07:02.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


South bound & down loaded up n Truck'in

For Rayne saying a last goodbye to her winged mount the morning of the parties planned departure was hard, possibly the hardest thing she had ever had to do. Even a small goodbye talk with the mount’s new owner Aryeon, though appreciated, still did not take Rayne’s full pain away. However, the Elf Ranger/Cleric was tough and giving the Elf Paladin, so short a party member, a last hug she gathered her new horse and moved to stand ready with the others to leave. Only to watch as Cor frustrated by the fact that both Ulthok and Valene had yet to join the party stormed back into this wing of the castle in search of them. She could not help the smile that briefly crossed her face thankful she was not one of the two lovebirds.

Now in the male Halfling’s room Ulthok had woken to find his possible small dragon familiar asleep in the apple pie bowl. With Valene also awake and standing, a little behind him he moved forward and woke the small creature by speaking to it in the Elvin tongue it had used with him. As Valene watched, Ulthok carried on a conversation with it. By the end of it, it seemed that an agreement was reached and the two, Halfling Thief/Mage and female Faerie Dragon had bonded as companions. Then here it was that Cor burst into the room initially in a foul mood but on seeing what he mistakenly identified as a Pseudo-Dragon his mood calmed.

Informing the two that the rest all waited downstairs, Cor turned and left. As Ulthok told, Peri of the people who awaited them in the courtyard below the two halflings gathered their gear and with everything packed for travel and his new familiar riding his shoulder the three of them headed to join the rest. As Ulthok and Peri entered the courtyard Peri at once felt every eye upon her including that of a small magic radiating cat sitting upon the saddle of an Elvin female dressed in a robe. This must be the cat the Halfling had told her about.

For Niamedris the arrival of the new familiar was interesting at first but he soon grew bored and went back to licking his paws and watching the rest of the party. If this new addition wanted to talk she knew where to find him he had better things to do like groom himself and ride inside his masters warm robes.

Now the party through the kindness of the Queens, had been given a set of four better horses, three ponies and a single mule benefiting their need for good mounts for traveling and the mule for carrying supplies. However, Valene had decided to use the Anklet of Equss on this first day of travel having had a dream to that effect. So uttering the command word, she brought into being a Tyrg, a half dog, half tiger creature to act as her new mount. Unfortunately, this first meeting between hunting cat and horses, ponies and mule was not one of calm. In minutes party members mounted had bucking horses to try to control, the mule was running to the far side of the courtyard, and Ulthok just climbing onto a pony found himself on the ground as the pony bucked and followed by the second and the third pony took off running, guardsmen in chase.

After another twenty minutes of recapturing ponies, mule, and calming of the horses and those creatures finally smelling more dog then tiger the party, with the lose of Weaver sinking in, finally said goodbye to the Callahorn capital city and once more headed towards Craggian Core a six day journey to the South.

However, the parties leaving did not go unnoticed for at least one person watching from the shadows of a nearby alley. As the party moved out from the palace courtyard, he stood quietly longing to be with them, his heart sad. Perhaps one day when his curse of sorts was ‘lifted’ he could return to them and carry on the adventure.

With the sun, just starting to gain its normal position in the sky the party passed through the city gates and found themselves on a solid dirt road. Through out this first day of travel the party encountered and past various groups and large trains of people on foot. Most clearly refuges from the South beyond the walls of Craggian Core and the devastated lands beyond the Mountains of Might. For what little they could gather from these frightened folk a picture the party gained was of a huge evil army unstoppable in it’s might.
Shadow Wraith ridden dragons, hordes upon hordes of Orcs and their smaller cousins Goblins. Companies of men turned to evil and creatures unknown all moving North with the intent to murder and maim.

Then it was nightfall and the party moved off the road and into the nearby lightly forested hills to gain some peace from this seemingly never-ending flood of races. With guards out, more to protect the parties’ supplies from being stolen by any so daring refuges, then any true enemy the party rested. With the morning light once more into the saddle and onward South the journey resumed. It was as the party reached the crossroads of the Eastward road to Falth and the Westward road to the cities of Calacry and Solaminia that they came upon an argument being avoided by a wide margin by any passing refugee in process. Before them stood a lone dwarf in the strangest yet most brutal looking of armor. The armor, full field plate black with red streaks running down it as if blood, was covered in spikes from neck to waist. As the party rode closer, they could see that the only part of the armor not adorned with the lethal protrusions was the inner thighs and crotch.

The bearded Dwarf held a large shield, also black and red, and it too on it’s outer facing was covered in smaller yet no less dangerous spikes. A well-kept looking battle-axe was held in the dwarf’s other hand and a warhammer was hung at his side. Surrounding the Dwarf stood a group of ten ragged looking men armed with a few battered swords and homemade weapons except for an eleventh man in leather armor clearly the leader, armed with a longsword better then the rest.

“Give us your food and money Dwarf or we will take it and leave ya’s for the buzzards.”.....

CRAGGIAN CORE
Eclipse had survived where so many in this war already had not. The size of the Dark King’s horde had never been so large in any of the known histories, it would take the combined forces of the major kingdoms of Trilogy to even have a chance of stopping it. With his King dead, his country overrun, and his scout unit of Rangers no longer a unit Eclipse had pretty much become a free agent or in better terms a mercenary.

However, all that was secondary as the Elvin Rangers first need was for rest. Though ‘The Core’ as many called it was mainly a fort more so then a city there were still a good number of small stores and a few Inns. The first ones he stopped at were unsurprisingly full but then he got lucky as he entered his fifth one. The women proprietor had just thrown a non-payer out on the street and as such had a small room open. Seeing this Eclipse quickly removed his mask and made the women an offer using his Elvin features and large smile as adds. In no time he was headed up the stairs and to the small room in the back.

Opening the door to the room, he found out just how small it was with a single bed, no window and a tiny two-drawer dresser. He also found that the bed sheets had yet to be changed from the recently evicted tenant’s stay. As he sat there on the edge of the rooms bed he contemplated his next move.......

(DM OOC: OK this weeks post as normal, enjoy)


Posted on 2012-11-05 at 05:40:30.
Edited on 2012-11-05 at 05:41:39 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


a meeting

Cor finally rounded up the missing party members and soon everyone was ready to depart. It didn't take long for the day go from bad to worse. An unexpected mount summoned by Valenne sent the other mounts stampeding away in fear. "Blast it all lass, could ye nay have warned us if you were planning on bringing in some wee beastie ta ride?" In time, the mounts were gathered and the party once more set out.

The rest of the first day passed uneventfully. The second day found the party riding upon what appeared to be a ambush in progress. A lone dwarf in unusual armor stood surrounded by a group of thieves. Cor motioned the party to a halt. "Well now, seemed like there may be a bit of a situation ahead. Ready yourselves but for the moment we hold. Seems to me that 10 on 1 is a bit unfair but the thieves will likely figure that out soon." Cor drew his axe and waited.


Posted on 2012-11-05 at 23:41:54.

KingRat
Regular Visitor
Karma: 4/0
72 Posts


Enter.

It was all he could do to stop himself from laughing. Ten men dressed in what couldn't even be considered armour stood in front of him. The stupidity of people never ceased to amaze him. Here he stood, his own armour on his body, and his own axe by his side and these eleven fools couldn't let him travel in peace. 'Give us your food and money' they shouted. Pah, like he would give anything to these people for free. He smiled at the 'leader' and ran a thick fingered hand through his thick, greasy hair; Stained dark red from the blood and oil he covered it with. Killing them would be too easy. Eleven men, barely armed. Surely they didn't honestly believe in safety in numbers.

''Look 'ere. I ain't really looking for a fight, see?'' Barreel replied, hardly containing his amusment. ''I've only just got movin' and you've gone and stopped me. If you just stand aside, then I won't 'ave to 'urt ya'. Well... kill ya'.''

He threw his hammer into the air, allowing it a spin before catching it again. He ran his bulbous nose along it's length sniffing hard as he did so. ''Oh dear, seems my little girl is hungry as well. It really is your unlucky day.''. The sounds of hooves made him turn his head to the menagerie that came from behind him. He pointed his warhammer at them, and maintained his sight on the ragtag thieves. ''Are these your people too? They look a little better than you do. Well now, maybe I will have a fair fight.'' With he free hand he tugged on his beard, just as greasy as his hair. ''Because I've decided to turn this lil' situation on it's head. 'ow about this. You give me your food an' money, an' maybe i'll let you lot live. 'ow does that sound?'' He chuckled and readied himself for battle, a throaty tune welling up inside him as he began to hum his favorite melody.


Posted on 2012-11-06 at 18:01:23.

EclipseCaine
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
19 Posts


Front Counter and a Beheaded Dummy

Eclipse sat for a few minutes, taking in the surroundings of his room. He notices the small cramped quarters, the tightness of how everything is close in its own vicinity, It wasnt large but it would work well for what he needed it to do. He would stand on the bed and start to search the ceiling, pushing the boards up one by one. He did this till he found one that was a little loose, he then took out his knife and jabbed it into the little opening made from the board being loose. He uses the knife to pry the board far enough up to the point where it leaves a large opening. He then gently gets down off the bed and grabs his bags, lifting them to the hole in the ceiling boards and puts them inside so they are out of side and hidden. He then grabs the board that he had pryed away from it spot and pulls it back in place, making it look like nothing had happened to it at all.

"With this many refugees in town, a little extra precautions wont hurt at all."

He then walks out of his room and down to the front desk, taking off his mask as he got there. He wasnt incredibly handsome, but he was more than just a good-looker. He gives the one tending the front desk, A girl who could not have seen more than twenty two summers and no less than twenty, a very, very tempting smile that would make even the most disciplined of minds go to places better left to the bedroom. As he did this, he spoke in a tone that would make anyone hearing it do what was asked.

"Hey, would you mind bringing new sheets to my room, the ones in there are rather dirty, and if you want beautiful, you can wait till i return to bring new sheets, but make sure you bring two sets then..."

As he said the last line, he turns and walks out the doors and into the streets. As he walked down the street, he quickly runs over the layout of the town in his head, remembering where the various training grounds were. He makes his way to one that features both distance and close quarters combat.
As he enters the training area, he mutters some words to himself.

"When Weak, Appear Strong.
When Strong, Appear Weak.
When Near, Appear Far.
When Far, Appear Near."

These words were taught to him by his father, they had never failed him before, this was how he beat his enemies. He slowly makes his ways to the wooden practice dummies. He finds an open one and would slowly advance on it, as he got within about four feet, he suddenly drops low and jumps forward, he flies to the left side of the dummy, when he reached the area just behind the dummies left arm, he plants his right foot and twists completely around. As he twists he draws one of his daggers and with one swift motion, he would plant it in the armpit of the dummy. As he finishes the twist, he would end on one knee. His stance only lasts a second as he then kicks off with the knee that is not on the ground, he sails into the air, planting a hand on the dummies shoulder. He brings his knees over his head to make sure he clears the dummy. As his knees pass over his head and the dummies, he would draw his second dagger and again, in one swift motion, plant it into the right side of the neck of the dummy, angling downward toward the location of where the heart would be. He lands two feet away from the dummy, both of his hands on the swords that hang from his waist. He then quickly draws both blades as he pivots on his feet again. His shorter blade would leave a deep cut alond the dummy's chest as he pivoted around. After the first cut, his arm carrying the longer Caine Katana, would stretch out far as it came slicing across the dummy's shoulders. It would sever the neck of the dummy just above the hilt of his dagger. As the head of the dummy falls to the ground, he resheathes both of his swords, the shorter one first, hearing the familiar sound of the metal guard hitting the metal endcap of the the sheathe. As he sheathed the Caine Katana, He would grab the sheathe with one hand and drag the blade across the tob of the sheathe, running his thumb across the back of the blade before lining it up and forcing he blade downward into its home, a familiar and clear "ting" sound would be heard, the note carries across the wind, sharp like the blade at first but then fading to noise of a birds call on a empty meadow. This was a signature mark of the Caine Katana.
He then goes to the dummy once more and pulls out his daggers, wiping them clean he then places them back in the sheathes for them on his shoulders.

"Well those skills are still perfect but I need to try to bury the daggers deeper, I may padding that may require more force to sink my two fangs into..."

He would talk to himself about his tactical options against various opponents, using the talk to refresh what he knew about combat and its intricacies, as he did this he remembers a line said by his father.

"A fight is like a dance, a dance between two people trying to kill each other."

He makes his way to the distance park of the training area. He takes up a good position at one of the targets. He draws the bow off his back, a close examination of it shows it is very well kept but does not reflect light, a very useful trait for those wishing to pass places unseen. As he draws his arrows, he notices the scratches near the heads of the arrows, he knew where they came from. He draws his bow and notches the arrow. A switch twang of the cord is heard as the the arrow sails through the air and sinks heartily into its target. Two more twangs are head as two more arrows come flying at the first. They land close enough that they make scratch marks on the arrow shafts themselves.This was one of the things he specialized in, he could hit any target, repeatedly if necessary and in a short amount of time. He would empty his quiver of all its bounty in a matter of seconds. Hearing each deep thud and thunk as they hit the target would bring a slight smile to his face. He was better than before, he used to only be able to put two or three close enough together, but now he could cluster the entire quiver faster than ever before. As he finished emptying the quiver, he returns the bow to its place on his back. He then walks up to the target and removes his arrows from the target, making sure that all of them make it back to his quiver. He would then quickly stretch his arms and makes his way to the entrance of the training area. As he approached the entrance, he would walk past the nearest guard and say...

"Sorry about the dummy, kinda went a little overboard on practicing on it..."

He wouldnt wait for the guards response as he just walked away and into the city streets. His next objective was information and that is what he was going to find. Information on the enemy, tactical and supplementary, and information on Craggian Core, its surroundings and its defenses. He had a tactical mind and always did this whenever he entered a town. He kept a list of things he always did...

1. Shelter and Food
2. Task he had been assigned, if any...
3. Training
4.Information and knowledge
And sometimes...
5. "Extracuricullar Activities"

As he made his way down the streets, he searched for two things. The bar with the most broken windows and the infirmary with the most guards. These were the two places he had learned is where you will find the most battle worn and weary soldiers. This was the best place to get information that was tried and true.

As he made his way around town he wondered if that cute girl from the front counter would meet him in his room later...


Posted on 2012-11-08 at 19:40:47.

Brundel
Resident
Karma: 18/0
207 Posts


10 men and a Dwarf in a clearing...

Lothor was sat upon his horse twiddling his thumbs and thinking of the rolling hills and the sense of freedom only nature could provide. The walls were making him claustrophobic and the thought of the wide open expanse filled with small tree groves and forests, and the different browns and yellows of farmers fields separated by the dark green hedgerows put a wide smile upon Lothors face.

After a few minutes Valene and Ulthok came through the taverns doors followed by an odd creature and one Lothor had never seen. His instant reaction was of suspicion. As with most humans anything new would be treated with suspicion. For this reason he backed his horse slowly away from the strange looking creature. Ulthok began saddling his horse chatting away to the small familiar and Cor. Lothor had barely got over the fact Niamedris was a talking cat, the last thing he needed was a talking miniature dragon!

Lothors attention was so focused on the new familiar that he barely noticed Valene casting yet another spell in the courtyard using a strange anklet. All of a sudden a dog-tiger hybrid was spawned in thin air. Unfortunately Lothor was not as quick to react as his horse who caught the scent almost immediately. The horse bolted, making the nearest guards bundle backwards avoiding the panicked horse's flailing hooves. Lothor struggled to hold on to the reins but just about managed to stay in the saddle and calm his new mount.

After all the horses were quieted and had got used the dog-tiger hybrid the party could set off. Soon enough it was midday and the freedom of being outside of the city walls lived up to Lothors fantasy. The solid dirt road beneath him was far more comfortable than the cobbled streets and alleys of Callahorn.

It wasn't long into their ride before they began to encounter large groups of what appeared to be commoners. Some wheeled barrows full to the brim with foul smelling clothes and priceless heirlooms of no material worth. Others were fortunate to have a horse and cart, though the horses pulling them were gaunt and malnourished, often carrying twenty people with their possessions. There were few smiles to be found upon the travelling faces, clearly they were refugees who had lost everything to the marauding hordes of the Dark Lord.

A few of the refugees stopped and stared up at the well equipped and well fed adventurers. Most stared at them suspiciously, some of the more optimistic of the travellers cheered the small party on but most of the words that came their way were of warning and caution.

As the day waned the group met the refugees less frequently and nightfall was approaching fast. They made camp for the night setting a watch of twos, you can never be too careful when a country is at war. The night went by smoothly and uneventfully and the troupe set on their way again this time the road was far quieter and the first encounter of any life were the sounds of confrontation.

Cautiously they approached the voices and soon the sounds came into view there was a ring of around 10 men, these were refugees of a different kind. They preyed on the weak and lonely and in the middle of the circle appeared to be one dwarf, easy pickings surely. Soon it became apparent that this Dwarf was no ordinary refugee, he wore a full set of metal armour spikes protruding at regular intervals, he was well armed with two weapons, currently an axe and shield.

The Dwarf seemed calm especially when being confronted by such a mean looking group of outcasts. Cor was the first to speak, he gave orders to stay ready but hold. Lothor began to pull out his sword but checked himself, pulling out a large two handed blade could give the wrong impression. Instead he opted to hold his axe of hurling gently in one hand, resting it on the pommel of his saddle.

(OOC: Lothor will hold until he receives further instructions or is provoked into an attack.)


Posted on 2012-11-08 at 23:33:51.
Edited on 2012-11-08 at 23:38:05 by Brundel

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


On We Go.....

Peri seemed to find it comfortable on Ulthok shoulder and he didn’t mind, she was light and he was thrilled at the what this bonding could do. Shrugging on his pack and weapons the mage prepared to leave. Valene left to grab her gear too and met them in the hall. They made their way down to the kitchen. When Ulthok enter the cooks gasped at the sight of the tiny Dragonet perched by the Halflings head. Pri’s bright eyes and curious smile put the folks at ease.

“We seemed to have missed our chance to enjoy your glorious breakfast, but might find a bit food we could eat as we ride? I seem smell fresh pastry, might we get a few wrapped in paper so they might last a will. The cooks laughed and grabbed up bread, cheese and apple tarts. They quickly packed up the food Ulthok handed Peri a tart, “Here you go, we’ll have more as we ride. Enjoy them now it may not be so easy from now on.”

The small adventures thank the staff and Ulthok left a few gold coin on the cutting board. The mage slipped the food into him pouch of holding and the three left to join the others. Leaving the kitchen the three made their way to the courtyard. The party paused as the mage enter with the Bluegreen Dragonet.

“Friends, you were all concerned, as was I, when my Find Familiar spell went wrong. I thought I was being draw to be the familiar of a Dragon, I was nearly correct. This is Periwinkle Thistledown, if you haven’t guessed she is a Fairy Dragon, she has chosen to be my companion. I’ve told her a brief bit all of you, including that cat. …..Now of you that know Fairy Dragons this will be a very interesting time.”

The mage then found his pony, as he started to mount the poor shrieked in terror, bucking and flinging Ulthok to the ground. As the Halfling plummeted Peri lightly fluttered up and away. Looking up from the ground Ulthok saw Valene sitting on a large creature that had the look of large canine with feline features. The expression on Valene face could only be interpreted as “Oops!”

Some Time Later……………

The party had gathered the animals and were well on their way. Ulthok had given Valene her share of the breakfast to enjoy on the ride. He nibbled the bread and cheese offering Peri bits as she wished. He knew she was waiting for the apple tart. When they had finished their late breakfast he pulled a tart from the paper wrap and handed it up to Peri. “ Let’s see if we can make these last a few days?”

The Nexted Day…..

Party had seen more and more folks traveling north away from the oncoming enemy. As they approached a crossroad. There a group of riffraff had surrounded and threatened a rather ominous looking Dwarve. Cor stopped the party, "Well now, seemed like there may be a bit of a situation ahead. Ready yourselves but for the moment we hold. Seems to me that 10 on 1 is a bit unfair but the thieves will likely figure that out soon."


Posted on 2012-11-09 at 03:55:24.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


Nothing To Sneeze At........

Ulthok and Peri edged a bit closer to the ring thieves, as they approached they heard the battle seasoned Dwarv address the general pubic.

“Look 'ere. I ain't really looking for a fight, see?'' The Dwarv replied, hardly containing his amusment. ''I've only just got movin' and you've gone and stopped me. If you just stand aside, then I won't 'ave to 'urt ya'. Well... kill ya'.''
Whispering to Peri…”I like his spunk and Cor seems to be quite right.. those thieves have no clue what they are doing. This could be fun. “

''Oh dear, seems my little girl is hungry as well. It really is your unlucky day.'' Pointing his hammer at the party. ''Are these your people too? They look a little better than you do. Well now, maybe I will have a fair fight.''…… ''Because I've decided to turn this lil' situation on it's head. 'ow about this. You give me your food an' money, an' maybe i'll let you lot live. 'ow does that sound?''
With that Ulthok spoke, “Great Googlie Mooglie no we’re not with them… ..we don’t care to ride with the stupid……..besides that tall one appears to be allergic to a real fight.” With that the mage touched his nose and whispered the “pepper” as he cast a cantrip of sneeze on the thieves’ leader.

The mage knew that if the leader faltered the rest would run. The embarrassment just might save the humans life and keep this Dwarv from turning his attack on the party.



Posted on 2012-11-10 at 16:14:42.
Edited on 2012-11-10 at 16:17:13 by Odyson

VivianEverBloom
Newbie
Karma: 5/0
21 Posts


The Apple of Her Purple Eyes

Giggling, Peri sat perched atop Ulthok’s shoulder smiling around at all her surroundings. She thought to herself, this is so much fun! She had always wanted go on an adventure, and now she had her chance. After they left the room the three had slept in for the night, she smelled something amazing in the air. We must be going near the kitchen! Peri’s wings flitted with joy! Perhaps they would have some more of those apple pies, or apple tarts!!!!

As they turned the corner, all the cooks gasped at her. She tilted her head, hmm, she thought. Perhaps they just aren’t used to faery dragons. She smiled brightly at them as her purple eyes twinkled with curiosity. Taking one long sniff in the air, she sighed happily. They were cooking tarts!!!!! Peri could barely contain her excitement as she hovered slightly above his shoulder due to how much her wings were flitting about.

“We seemed to have missed our chance to enjoy your glorious breakfast, but might find a bit food we could eat as we ride? I seem smell fresh pastry, might we get a few wrapped in paper so they might last a while.” He was so good at these things. Every time she had tried to ask for food, they just owed and awed over her. No food was ever given to her so easily. The cooks laughed and grabbed up bread, cheese and apple tarts. Settling back on his shoulder and wrapping her tail around his neck gingerly, Peri noticed Ulthok packed up the food. Almost too distracted by the surroundings around her, she didn’t see the tart now in front of her, but she did smell it. He remembered!

“Here you go, we’ll have more as we ride. Enjoy them now it may not be so easy from now on.” Peri nuzzled his cheek softly as she smiled happily. Set with her tart, she now stuck her face inside the warm treat and began to eat it up happily.

“Friends, you were all concerned, as was I, when my Find Familiar spell went wrong. I thought I was being draw to be the familiar of a Dragon, I was nearly correct. This is Periwinkle Thistledown, if you haven’t guessed she is a Fairy Dragon, she has chosen to be my companion. I’ve told her a brief bit all of you, including that cat. …..Now of you that know Fairy Dragons this will be a very interesting time.” Still with her head deep in the pastry, Peri didn’t notice he had introduced her, but she had heard the part about the cat. Her eyes grew wide as she popped her head out to see what was going on. As tart filling oozed down her scaly head, Peri beamed at them all happily, “Ello Everyone!” Happily, that is, until she spotted the for mentioned furred evil creature, most know to be a cat. Scoffing in that direction, her scales bristled on her back in response as she eyed the cat suspiciously. She just knew that creature would try to steal her tart.

Peri went in for another bite of her tart when she felt the mage ready to mount his horse. She tilted her head curiously. She had never ridden a horse before. Oh! She thought, perhaps I should sit on the saddle! I’ll get more of an experience that way. As she fluttered up, she noticed Ulthok flinging to the ground under the bucking horse. On second thought….. I’ll stick with his shoulder. She followed Ulthoks eyes to that of the woman from the night before whose name was….Come on Peri think!!! Oh! Valene! She giggled as she noticed her face. I don’t think she was expecting that to happen either. Satisfied with her curiosity, for the time being, she settled down into the now empty saddle and stuffed her head deep into the pastry.

Later on, Peri had finished her apple tart and settled back on top of her new companion’s shoulder. She loved the way the breeze filled her wings as she rode the horse with him. It was like flying, but no wings. She giggled at her own thought.

Ulthok was very sweet to her during their travels. Whenever she was hungry, Peri would nuzzle his shoulder softly and he would offer her bits of cheese and bread. Every once and awhile, her eyes would drift down to his bag again. Her mouth watered knowing the apple tart was still inside. She smirked mischievously as she thought about going down and stealing it from his bag before he knew it was gone. But instead, when they had finished their late breakfast, he pulled a tart from the paper wrap and handed it up to her. “ Let’s see if we can make these last a few days?” Peri nodded happily as she took the tart. She made one glare towards the cat, as if to warn off from trying to steal her pastries. With her gaze now back on the tart, she shoved her head inside and began to nibble joyfully.

The Next Day…..

Peri, asleep from a belly full of apple tarts, was awaked by the sudden stop in the group. She heard in the distance some words. In her sleepy state she could barely make them out. “Give us your food and money Dwarf or we will take it and leave ya’s for the buzzards.”.....

Peri frowned at the words, this wasn’t good, she thought. The one known as Cor said, "Well now, seemed like there may be a bit of a situation ahead. Ready yourselves but for the moment we hold. Seems to me that 10 on 1 is a bit unfair but the thieves will likely figure that out soon."

Still frowning Peri thought to herself, perhaps they could do something? She looked over at Ulthok as she noticed he was already walking over to the group of thieves. Ulthok whispering to her…”I like his spunk and Cor seems to be quite right.. those thieves have no clue what they are doing. This could be fun.“ She nodded excited as her eyes twinkled. Oh no! They thought that the Dwarf was with us. This could be bad…. Very, very bad. As Ulthok cast the spell on the thieves’ leader, she thought this could be her chance. She whispered softly to Ulthok, “Watch this.” Peri flew over to the Dwarf and landed on his head, looking the ten men in their eyes. Before she spoke, she telepathically spoke the Dwarf, “I mean you no harm. Please trust me.” Peri bowed softly toward ten men as she smiled brightly, “Pleasure to meet everyone’s acquaintances. The name is Periwinkle.” Her wings flitted as her purple eyes twinkled with purpose. As they stared at her sparkling wings, Peri flicked her wrist as she cast an emotion spell on the ten men. The men would now feel friendship toward the dwarf if the spell worked out how she planned. Though her smile remained the same, she was worried she wouldn’t pull this off like she wanted to, but she just had to show the group how useful she could be.


Posted on 2012-11-10 at 18:10:01.

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


Mad dash

Valene tries to look contrite about the horses bolting. She was very glad she was wearing her mask to hide the grin. Valene found the whole horse thing funny.

As they rode, they came upon a dwarf surrounded by fools. She sat back and watched, waiting to see what would happen as the dragon landed on the head of the strange dwarf. She spots the horses that look to be those of the ones threatening the dwarf, who looked armored enough to care of himself.
She moves her mount closer to the human's horses and giggles as they bolt.

She watches to see whether the men are going to try and attack, prepared for battle if needed.


Posted on 2012-11-12 at 16:48:26.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


OMG! the DM finally posted LOL

CRAGGIAN CORE
As Eclipse surveyed his ‘new home’, he knew that room service was clearly not a service automatically provided. Finding a good place to hide his belongings, a recessed area of the ceiling, he decided to explore the semi-city fortress moving down first to the front desk of sorts to ask for new sheets. The young woman behind the makeshift counter was an almost spitting image of the older women who had rented him the room. With a nice smile was happy to promise him clean sheets by the time he returned.

Then it was into the city part of the fortress once more looking for one of the few area’s that he did know of and finding it quickly found himself in training mode. In no time, at all he had worked up a good sweat and beheaded an old dummy, which in turn forced him into paying for a new one. As he was leaving, he organized a list of things to do in his head in order of importance. However, the least important one turned into possibly the most important of the list as a voice came to him from behind.

“Nice sword work inside the hall stranger, fancy a real workout?”
As the Elf Ranger turned he found himself looking upon a very comely dark haired female Human dressed in black leathers much like his own, a pair of short swords upon her back. Two daggers in her boots, a sheath of throwing knives around her thigh, and a last dagger sheathed pommel down on her left upper arm, it was clear that this one knew her stuff or at least knew enough to fake the appearance of such. A sly smile on her face, a sparkle in her eyes, and the way she stood told Eclipse that perhaps the workout she had asked after was possibly something other then with steel...........

THE ROAD TO CRAGGIAN CORE
As the party having come upon a dwarf surrounded by ten humans and an 11th watching from the side, Cor as leader cautioned a wait and see approach. However as the party was wont to do in such things some listened while others ignored him. Grunting his displeasure at once more being disobeyed he could not but wonder why he still led them. Perhaps it was because of the kindness of his heart, an unintended grunt of denial at the thought, brought to him the real reason. If not for his leadership more of them, perhaps all of them he included, would now be dead, the sword lost. If only for that reason would he continue to do so.

As Lothor, Althena, Sirene, and Rayne obeyed Cor’s order to watch and wait, Ulthok, Valene and the newest member of the party Peri did not.

"Are these your people too? They look a little better than you do. Well now, maybe I will have a fair fight."
Hearing the dwarf ask, then declare, the party as allies of those surrounding him Ulthok was quick to point out the new dwarf’s mistake.

“Great Googlie Mooglie no we’re not with them... We don’t care to ride with the stupid.... besides that tall one appears to be allergic to a real fight.”
Acting quickly to clarify the situation the Halfling Thief/Mage called up a quick cantrip of sneezing casting it upon the ’so called leader’ of the band around the dwarf. As he did this Peri following his lead launched herself off Ulthoks shoulder to land upon the strange dwarf’s helmet. With the leader now sneezing almost non-stop the small Faerie Dragon sent a quick mental message to the dwarf beneath her, at the same time, casting the spell of emotion filling the ten would be robbers around the dwarf with friendship for him.

After a brief moment of controlled chaos as Valene caused the bandits few horses to bolt just as the parties horses had done the day before, everyone was once again happy Peri’s spell of Emotion still going strong. During this brief moment, the sneezing leader seeing the turn in the feelings of his ten men towards their would be victim, proceeded to quickly sulk off to avoid being killed or jailed. In due time the ten men also by one’s and two’s wandered off themselves. However, this had cut into the hours of daylight left so Cor decided to call a halt to the days travel and once again make camp. Inviting the strangely armored dwarf, even though Cor had a growing suspicion as to what he was and why he traveled alone, to rest the night with them, the party settled in for the night............

(DM OOC: ok here is my late post and though I intended it to be longer with you all finally reaching Craggian Core, I decided that this was a good point for you all to post a little RP between the party and KingRat’s dwarf to get to know each other and to work out a reason for him to at this moment travel with you to the fortress. With Valene on her Tyrg you have a free pony he could ride. Now please everyone try to interact with him and Vivian to help both feel more at home in the game ok. Ok as I was late this week and next week is Thanksgiving my next post will be on Sunday the 25th, which is also Mischief’s birthday.
Ok everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving and see you all back here the week after.)


Posted on 2012-11-14 at 07:13:49.
Edited on 2012-11-26 at 06:14:21 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


a "guest"

Cor watched as the potential fight disipated and the bandits wandered off. "Hmmp, t'would have been good to see what the outcome would have been. Might have answered a question or two" he muttered to himself. With the threat gone along with the sun, he deceided that the party had best set camp for the night. "Right then lads an lasses, tis nigh time to set camp before we lose all light. let's get a fire started and see to a meal." Turning to the armored dwarf he added, "If you wish you can join us for the evening."

As the others prepared dinner and arranged theor bedrolls, Cor walked over to the newcomer. In a low voice he spoke. "Tis a surprise to see a fellow dwarf here. Your armor is quite interesting, a type I have seen only on rare occasions. Those who donned it were fine fighters but had a wee issue telling who exactly they were supposed to fight. I must know lad, are you a rager?"


Posted on 2012-11-14 at 23:10:44.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.