The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Last post till the 23rd

With the enemy forces still not attacking or digging in deeper, as with the rain, rumors once more began to spread among the people within the fortress walls. From the Dark King’s forces, waiting for reinforcements to them being beaten and no longer having the will to fight. From yells to attack them to whispers to stay within the walls and defend. Whatever the case another three days went by with nothing having changed. Then on the morning of the fourth, the day was overcast and the sky full of dark clouds lightning flashing within, yet no sign of any rain. As most of the group went about their normal morning duties, Lady Jessica and Valene decided to do a bit of shopping and into the main area of the fortress they went.

However a short time later after the two had walked out of sight of the manor walls. From the interior of the enemy camp, the party and fortress defenders, could all hear the sound of horns, drums and the guttural yelled cheers of many an enemy soldier. From the wall and towers the defenders, Elf, Human, Dwarf, what have you, could see a large cloud of dust moving towards the main enemy camp and the Craggian Core fortress.

At the centralized tent, the commander of this army smiled, as General Torge informed him of the cause of it, his sister the Witch-Queen of Cha’Arin, known to all as the Dark Fortress had arrived. Nodding his head he looked at the General before him.

“Send word to her to move into position, and send the prepared message to Craggian Core’s commander and the King’s within, asking for their surrender.”
As Torge left he smiled and thought to himself, even without the second part of the Dark King’s scattered army, he would take Craggian Core this day.

(DM OOC: Ok short post as there is really nothing more to write till I return from MD so have fun. Feel free to back post or post time wise as the dust cloud shows up, either way as you have roughly three weeks to better get to know the newest players I would hope to see you all do so. Ok see you all back here on the 17th)


Posted on 2013-06-03 at 01:32:02.
Edited on 2013-09-02 at 01:52:03 by TannTalas

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Rain drops...

As Cor woke up, he heard the noise of rain. Normally, rain wasn't much of a problem, but this rain seemed... different. Cor quickly dressed himself and walked over to see. He was greeted with the site of a clingy mist, and a downpour of heavy rain. He wasn't sure, but he thought this wasn't the rainy season. And even if it was, this rain seemed a bit heavy. Thinking this was a bit strange, Cor glanced around the area a bit more. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, aside from the rain, Cor walked over to the dining room.

3 days later, and the rain was still going as strong as ever. By this time, practically everything was soaked. If one even stepped outside for a moment, one would need a change of clothes. Cor knew that he had to keep his irritability in check; it wasn't like it was anyone's fault that it was raining. So far, Cor felt that he had done well in avoiding snapping at people too much. To pass the time, he was trying to train and socialize, but there was still long stretches of boredom. Had it not been for all the people around, it would have been enough to drive everyone insane!

After 4 days of rain, Cor began to hear rumors about the rain. Many people thought it was created by the black robes to poison them all. This wasn't helped by reports of missing people. Cor had once tried to look for them, but didn't find any. Even with the rain, Cor still went and looked for people who needed healing from rain. Injuries didn't vanish because of a little rain after all.

Finally, after what seemed like a millennium, it stopped raining. The sun shone, and people left their various accommodations. Cor walked out, and was nearly blinded by the sun. It had been dark several days. Deciding to take a quick check of the town and walls, Cor left the manor.

After a few hours of walking, Cor was on some of the newly repaired walls. Apparently, this rain allowed more time to rebuild the walls after the assaults. That was some of the first good news Cor had heard all week.

As Cor was strolling around the walls, Cor noticed Bareel gazing out over the battlefield. Bareel seemed bored. Cor ambled over to him. "How goes it Bareel?" Cor asked.

(OOC: Ok, here is what I have so far. If anyone wants to talk with Cor, I am happy to backtrack.)


Posted on 2013-06-07 at 22:33:36.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Let's get ready to rumble!

As Cor was strolling around the walls, Cor noticed Bareel gazing out over the battlefield. Bareel seemed bored. Cor ambled over to him. "How goes it Bareel?" Cor asked.
Bareel turned from the wall to look upon Cor, he grinned seeing the fellow kinsman. He turned back to the battlefield beyond the wall and pointed into the distance.

“Something is going on over there,” he said sounding excited about the prospect of combat, “Can’t make it out but they might be getting ready to launch another attack soon.”

He was referring obviously to the renewed signs of life from the enemy camp; sounds of horns, drums and the cheering of many soldiers. A large cloud of dust that seems to be moving towards the enemy camp.

“Looks like they might be receiving some expected reinforcements,” he continued and then turn back to Cor, still grinning, “We might see some more action soon after all.”

Bareel liked Cor; not only was he a kinsman but he had proven to be an able warrior and a good commander. He had no problem thus far in following Cor’s orders; they had all proven to be wise and well thought out. Bareel tended to be brash and hot-headed, often rushing into things without thinking. Cor was a thinker and a leader; something Bareel had come to appreciate in a large scale battle such as they had encountered lately.

“What do you think?” he asked Cor, “Think we might have a chance to take the fight to the enemy or will we be waiting around for them to come to us?” His tone left no doubt about which course of action he thought was better; he was tired of waiting and hungered for a fight and would love nothing better than to take it to the enemy.


Posted on 2013-06-08 at 00:55:54.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Weaver is doing what?

The Lady Rayne…

As the Lady Rayne entered the room Weaver stood, he was glad to see another face he called friend. ‘Weaver, it is good to see you.’ The Lady Rayne said enthusiastically as she moved across the room with long graceful strides.

When she stood before him, Weaver took her hand and place the back of it upon his forehead, ‘It does my heart good to see you alive and well.’ He gave up his seat and continued his story.

When Weaver mentioned the Wolf she responded, "I will go with you to find your wolf. Did you summon him or was he a chance encounter?" Rayne felt that the actions of this wolf were more those of a companion.

‘It was a chance encounter but we did know this wolf, a companion of a friend we all shared.’ His eyes fell to his tankard and he drank from it. The Lady Rayne placed a calming hand on his shoulder as by now she could tell he had found water for bathing and did not fear catching something from just a touch.


The Rain and Cor…

When the rain started to fall Weaver felt it was just one of those things that happen. As the rain continued Weaver became more and more agitated by it. He wandered the halls of the manor. He would move from window to window, whispering curses to the rain. When he felt none where watching he would argue with himself at times.

Cor would leave from time to time out into the rain. Weave would always tell him, ‘Keep dry old friend, I do not like this rain. It does not smell right.’ He would then keep watch by an open window until his return.


Wandering the Manor…

‘I hate this rain,’ Weaver looked up and a dark sky, ‘She always enjoyed the rain. She would catch the rain water and use it to wash her hair after the rain stopped.’ Weaver closed his eyes and licked his lips a bit, ‘I can still taste her smell.’ A smile came to him. Then as abruptly as it came it faded. ‘No! I do not think she would like this rain… What do you mean?... That thing is not her!... Why don’t you go and annoy the Fairy Man and leave me for a moment of peace.’ Weave left the window and found the fireplace in the main room and began playing one of his softer wooden sounding flutes.


Posted on 2013-06-10 at 02:42:16.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


knitting by the fire with music

Aliya came into the main hall from the baths, having washed off the mud from the day's activities and putting on fresh clothes. she mused pulling her hair back into a high pony tail, how easy it had become to fall into a simple routine the last couple of days. wake up, eat, study for an hour or two, and go out to instigate trouble or find a good spar with someone. she had only started two fights, which she considered quite well behaved of herself, though the officer who's nose she had broken would think twice before trying to cheat her at dice again or gang up and jump her the next time she was not looking. she rotated her shoulder and flexed her sore hand, smirking she winced and felt her jaw. feeling at least one loose tooth pang as she ran her tongue over it.

she paused an listened to the soft flute melodies which weaver sat before the common room's hearth playing softly. Alyia quickly ducked into the kitchen and filling two mugs with ale. she sat one down beside weaver with a quick wink she settled into a chair with her own drink in hand. Pulling out knitting and fanned the dark green yarn across her lap.

she was still stuck trying to memorize that level 3 lightning spell. Aliya petted the soft lambs wool, she'd payed almost a gold for it and it had chaffed her pride that she couldn't haggle them down but it was exceptional quality both in wool and dye quality. it wounded her pride to ask for help but casting a spell with out knowing the full recourse wasn't something she'd risk. she'd have to give in and ask one of the other mages to help explain it to her. chewing her bottom lip as she cast stitches on to a wired round needle. after casting on several times and pulling the stitches out she finally came to a number she liked and began to knit in the round entranced with the soft melodie weaver played.

wondering when the rest of the party would file in from the day's activities?


Posted on 2013-06-13 at 08:28:53.
Edited on 2013-06-13 at 08:34:30 by Astrid

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


A Helping Hand.........................

The days started to pass and outside the manor a strange rain had been falling. Ulthok had used this time to study his spell book and his new companions. He had felt foolish that he was caught without his weapons. Although a skilled mage he was also an accomplished fighter when the need arose. Being armed to the teeth gave him great options to defend his companions. He never wanted to be totally unarmed again so when he healed from battles in the street he retrieved the Scroll of Tattoo from his pack and unrolled it. In privacy of his he read the words scribes on the parchment.

(Scroll of Tattoo When a Wizard or Thief, who is at least 10th Level reads this scroll, a dark blue & black tattoo of a dagger appears on the characters forearm and the scroll dissolves. At the time of the casting of the spell the caster suffers 1d4 points of burning damage. By placing his hand on the hilt of the dagger tattoo and saying the words “Para Mi” the weapon becomes a real +3 dagger. To return it to his or her body the thief must place it in the same area of the forearm as before saying the words “De Mi”. The dagger again becomes a normal tattoo. The tattoo and magic are permanent once cast, however if the dagger ever leaves the possession of its owner it dissolves and is gone forever. In addition it must always be in contact with the owners skin. Therefore the owner cannot throw it, hold it in a gloved hand, give it away or drop it.)

As the parchment dissolve the silhouette of a dagger appeared on his forearm. The sting on a burning sensation accompanied its appearance. As into his grip solidified a weapon of last resort. The handle was comfortable in his grip. Gazing at the blade he whispered “Never again.” Peri stirred in the her now usual sleeping pie pan, before she could awaken he muttered “De Mi” and the dagger returned to the tattoo on his arm. Now his thought drifted to the party. Weaver had returned, Sirene had broken out of depression, Valene was reaching out to her deity instead of him and new members had joined. The battle in the dining room had yielded some items that could be of use. Ulthok placed the Dagger of Venom in the sheath on his belt. He now had two ring to share. He’d removed a Ring of Invulnerability and Ring of Elemental Control from the Black Mage. Sirene traded he Ring of Animal Friendship for the Ring Of Elemental Control. So he could offer these to the party if they needed them. Finishing dressing to include his melee weapon and pulling a dark object from his pouch and placed it in his cloak.

Ulthok has seen that Aliya would spend her relaxing time in the gathering room either studying or knitting. This is where he found her this evening. “Lady Aliya,” Ulthok bowed slightly as he approached, “I have seen you preparing by advancing your studies. I apologies for not spending time to help you feel more welcome to our group. Allow me to make amends.” From under his cloak he pull a book. He had remembered Haila’s spell book. The mage Aliya seemed young, but there was strength in her manor that showed her determination. The Halfling knew too well that the group needed to be as strong as it could be. Their lives depended on the skills of each member so he had decided to share spell with the half elf. Ulthok had kept Haila’s spell safe after the party had copied each other’s spells, he wasn’t quite sure why, perhaps out of respect or it was just against his training to let sometime so powerful slip away. “You may be able to use some more spells…our friend Haila left this behind when she lost her life defending us….she will continue to defend us if you can learn some of these. Copy the ones you need into yours book and return this to me. If this there is time I will share me spell book too.” Handing the book to Aliya he also questioned, “Could you use a magic ring too?”



Posted on 2013-06-14 at 03:03:11.

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
647 Posts


no chat makes for smaller posts

Amera looked out from the top of her mug and kept an eye on her sister. While things were good with the two, She still had a strong urge to keep Alyia safe and always in her line of sight. The cleric sighed as she moved over to the common area and simply sat down and began to recite her spells taking her deep in thought, and not paying attention to anything around her.

Amera sighs as she brings herself out of her inner thoughts and glanced at Alyia, “what are you knitting Alyia?” She faintly heard the music now and looked at Weaver and felt a small smile formed on her lips. Music, the medication of the soul. Moving in and out of deep thought she listened to the music and allowed herself to finally realize the tension she felt for some time.

Keeping an ear out for her sister’s reply she began to move her thoughts to the journeys she had been on in her lifetime.


Posted on 2013-06-15 at 22:34:48.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne Wonders--but not for long

What did Weaver mean that this wolf was a companion of someone they knew? she would not let her heart leap to what she desired. It may make her heart ache if what she hoped was not true. Someone they knew? That puzzled her was it someone that had been in the group before she had joined then or........

Everry since she had left her companions when they had entered Deow Mountain their had been a cacuu. Her ferrets, wolves, and Aeron, the huge eagle owl. After they left from under the mountain First Aeron and then only smoke returned to her. The fresh memory of Smoke's death way deep in her heart. Her companions were her friends and allies in the battle against the dark evil, SHe knew they fought because she fought more that for any concept of good and evil. Becaise of that they had all been special.

"Kith Hora, keep them sake in their new lives they serve well. Make smoke be running free in your sacred lands." raume silently prayed to her deity.

Being straight forward ahd asks, "Weaver, please tell me who the qolf's companion is?"


Posted on 2013-06-16 at 20:18:59.
Edited on 2013-06-16 at 20:25:17 by Brianna

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


I made that.

The Lady Aliya…

Weaver came away from the place the music took him when there was a mug of ale placed at his side. He smiled and kept playing. He watched as the Lady Aliya took up her knitting. It was not long before Weaver noticed her knitting was in tempo with his music. He smiled and began to speed up but only slightly as she knitted. Then when it came time for her to turn and knit the other way he would slow slightly. This game went on for some time, until the rest of the cluster of friends gathered for the evening until bedtime.

The Lady Amera was the first to enter but sat on the fare end of the room in a small reading area that was set aside. She watched and studied. Weaved played a bit softer so as not to disturb her studies.

Ulthok, Master of Shadows…

Ulthok was the next to enter, he approached the Lady Aliya and spoke of his apologies of time not spent making new friends feel welcome. For all his mastery of the shadows Master Ulthok had brightness that shown brilliant when among friends. He offered up the spell book of the Lady Haila. There was some talk of a magic ring also but Weaver was now playing a melody that was the Lady Haila’s favorite. Master Ulthok patted Weaver on the back as he moved to the table where a plate of cheese and fresh bed with honey had been placed. Ulthok smiled as he began to nibble.

The Lady Amera…

The Lady Amera watched, she always watched, almost as much as Weaver himself. She tended the cluster as a shepherd tends their herd. She moved over to the fireplace and pulled up a chair. She watched the flames dance as she lipped the words of spiritual guidance. She drifted into deep thought. She seemed to smile from time to time.

The room was like this for some time. Weaver keeping the clamor of the city away as those he led on this moment of peace where not interrupted.

The Lady Rayne…

“Weaver, please tell me who the wolf’s companion is?” Weaver opened his eyes and there stood the Lady Rayne. All five foot four inches, ninety-eight pounds of fiery haired she elf looked at him with Lavender eyes. Weaver’s music stopped, he quickly glanced over to Ulthok who simply held up his hands as if to say, ‘Your on your own.’ Weaver glanced to the sisters, Lady Amera and Lady Aliya. They, seeing the frustration she had with Weaver took Rayne’s side and simply gave that look of, ‘Well!?’

Weaver stood, ‘Look, Lady Rayne please take my seat by the fire. Let me go and…’

‘No!’ snapped the Kitchen Mother as she entered with a tray of goblets and a carafe of wine. She pushed Weaver out of the way as she moved pasted him. She placed it on a table next to the three women. ‘You ladies help yourself. I will be back with a fresh pitcher of ale for those whom prefer.’ She spun around and looked at Ulthok, ‘And you, saver room for your dinner. We are having potatoes with some greens and chunks of tenderized meat. It is very good,’ she pointed a finger at Ulthok, ‘so save room Master Ulthok. And you Weaver, answer the Lady Rayne or I will be back with my wooden spoon to beat it out of you!’

Weaver help up a finger, ‘Hold on, one second.’ He moved to his pack and removed from it a small bit of cloth. ‘I made this the night the wolf found me.’ He gave it to the Lady Rayne, ‘Go on, smell it.’ All in the room could smell it. Something changed in the Lady Rayne’s eyes. Weaver saw this. ‘So you do know this wolf!? Go on smell it again, you can smell the wolf on the cloth.’ Weaver puffed out his chest a little and looked at the two sisters, ‘I made that.’ He looked like a proud schoolboy who had just made his first toy boat out of a leaf.

Weaver looking back at the Lady Rayne, ‘You see, I came to walk with you after you and the wolf parted, but I smelt something on you that first time I smelled your smell. I could not place it until the wolf came to me in the woods that night. It must have smelt you on me.’ Weaver knelt before the Ranger/Cleric, ‘Your wolf is safe and still is close but not to close. These walls are no place for an animal. I myself can find little to do here.’ Weaver poured the Lady Rayne a glass of wine, ‘placing the glass of wine in one hand. He closed her other around the small bit of cloth, ‘You keep that, it is not much but I want you to keep it.’

Weaver stood and turned to the Kitchen Mother in the doorway. With a low bow, ‘Have I escaped the wrath of your spoon?’ The Kitchen Mother looks at the Lady Rayne waiting for an answer…


Posted on 2013-06-18 at 00:43:28.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Clouds of dust

“Something is going on over there,” Bareel said sounding excited about the prospect of combat, “Can’t make it out but they might be getting ready to launch another attack soon.”

Cor looked towards the moving cloud of dust. Similarly to Bareel, Cor couldn't quite make out what it was.

“Looks like they might be receiving some expected reinforcements,” Bareel continued and then turn back to Cor, still grinning, “We might see some more action soon after all.”

Cor grimaced. "I sure hope not. We're already having a hard time now... but that probably does mean another attack soon..."

“What do you think?” Bareel asked Cor, “Think we might have a chance to take the fight to the enemy or will we be waiting around for them to come to us?” His tone left no doubt about which course of action he thought was better; he was tired of waiting and hungered for a fight and would love nothing better than to take it to the enemy.

"Personally, I think we should to stay here," Cor replied, eyes not leaving the enemy camp," Without the fortifications, we wouldn't last long." Cor placed his hand on Bareels shoulder, "Don't worry, we'll be seeing plenty of action soon enough." Cor watched as the dust cloud continued to move. "I have to go warn the others, lad. Would you prefer to wait here or come with me?" Inside, Cor began to worry. The defenders were already up against heavily set odds, and now they were up against even harder ones. Now they would need every warrior of all kinds to hold off. Cor rotated on his foot, and begins to walk at a brisk pace towards the Manor.


Posted on 2013-06-23 at 16:30:08.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne accepted the small piece of cloth that Weraver had given her for the moment say nothing as her attention was on what Ceaver had told her. ,

"So you believe this is my companion, perhaps it is, since I asked Kith Hora for another companion. I wiill need to ascertain this for myself which means I will need to find him even itf it means going outside these walls. It is my resoinsibility since I called. Ot I If he came at my call then I cannot let for him and he came from his own territory ito here which is cerrently nothing he has every dealt with.

I asked youi to accompany you to find what I thught of as your companion. Would you accompany me, after dinner so that I can find this wolf?"

The ,s"What is this?" she asked as she examined the bit of cloth.



Posted on 2013-06-23 at 20:17:33.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Preparations

"Personally, I think we should to stay here," Cor replied, eyes not leaving the enemy camp," Without the fortifications, we wouldn't last long." Cor placed his hand on Bareels shoulder, "Don't worry, we'll be seeing plenty of action soon enough." Cor watched as the dust cloud continued to move. "I have to go warn the others, lad. Would you prefer to wait here or come with me?" Inside, Cor began to worry. The defenders were already up against heavily set odds, and now they were up against even harder ones. Now they would need every warrior of all kinds to hold off. Cor rotated on his foot, and begins to walk at a brisk pace towards the Manor.
Bareel grumbled a bit but said nothing in response to Cor’s suggestions on what they should do. He turned a glance towards the enemy in the distance then turned to follow Cor. Perhaps it was time to rejoin the group for soon they might be planning for the battle to come. He wanted to be there if plans were going to be made. He hurriedly caught up to Cor as they left the wall and headed to the Manor where all the others were staying. The dwarves warrior hoped that soon there would be an end to the sitting around and bloodshed would soon begin.



Posted on 2013-06-23 at 21:03:06.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Did someone call for a suicide mission

The sky above them blue with thick beautiful clouds and a sun high in the sky, the fortress defenders continued to listen to the sound of horns, drums and the guttural yelled cheers of many an enemy soldier. The approaching cloud of thick dust finally seemed to cover the entire enemy fortifications beyond the fortress walls and as it did, the drums and horns changed. Now instead of cheers could be heard the sound of an army on the move and with the dust’s clearing the soldiers of Craggian Core were faced with a massed army of evil quickly preparing itself to attack.

Not just a few thousand or a ten of thousands but the whole evil army before the walls! Row upon row of massed Orcs, Goblins, Humans, Black Robes and many an evil thing just waiting for the order to begin the assault. Now among the hurried commands of officers and Sgt’s to man the walls in force, the whispered words, the hidden thoughts, all within the walls did wonder, why now? What had changed to cause those in command of the massed evil before them to risk it all on seemingly one last roll of the dice? For should they take the walls and the fortress main, would not the army of evil be so weakened that surely then it would be no match for the forces in reserve?

The answer to this question came quite suddenly and without warning as first one, then two, then three and four huge rocks slammed into the fortress center from above. As those upon the wall scrambled to find the launch point, four more rocks struck within the center of the huge fortress where no catapult or ballista fired rocks had landed before. Then a cry was heard and to the sky eyes did look as out of the bank beautiful white clouds and backed by a bright sun appeared a thing of evil. A castle as black as night floating upon the wind, parapets of blackened stone, and a main fortress building of seemingly twisting, shifting black rock looking almost alive.

Barely seen dots of unknown flying creatures flying above, below, and around as if in defense, some dots small, others big. From behind its black walls another volley of rocks was launched to land behind walls now useless in defense, craters of destruction forming. Once more cheers and horns of triumph rang from the mass of evil gathered in attack, victory in their minds now at hand.

However, for one person within Craggian Core’s walls the appearance of this magically powered flying fortress was as if the coming of hope and the answer to a dream. Cor having looked to the sky as had all now understood his dream.

A fortress castle, dark and sinister.
Dragons flying around it.
Something strange, hard to see, not a normal castle.
A cage within, disheveled but defiant women with silver hair and a beautiful face.

Clearly, what had been strange about the castle in his dream was its ability of flight and within its walls held captive perhaps an ally to turn the tide of this war, the Silver Dragon Queen. Here was the group’s next quest, next rescue mission, next life or death crusade, call it what you thought best. Here they would need to go and time was of essence.

Turning to Barreel, he motioned the Dwarf Berserker into a run for the manor’s gates to gather those of the party still there. However, upon arrival he found them all already gearing up, a messenger of the Kings arrived to lead the group to them. Wasting no time Cor, Ulthok, and the rest of the party, minus Valene and the Lady Jessica who had yet to be found, followed the servant to an opening into a small tunnel leading into the ground and down the nine of them followed. They emerged into a large area full of men and women clad as they were in armor and magical cloth standing before them the Human Kings of Callahorn and Shan’Tara, and the Dwarf King of Erebor with the fortress commander just beginning to speak.

“All you people are here because you’re a merc, attached as a special unit of your king, or just those who no longer have a country or king. I will not lie to you and the kings behind me attest to this we have to destroy that flying castle or for us here and possibly the rest of the lands on this side of Trilogy the fight will be over. This is an all volunteer mission as they all are, call it what you like, and is most likely a suicide one, go figure right. Truth is we have no choice but you do stay or go you’ll be in the thick of the fight no matter if you fly up to attack that creation of evil or stay on the ground, so don’t be scared to say no.

"Ok enough of the small talk no time for it. The plan, what there is of it, is for your groups to assault that castle anyway you can and find and destroy the power source that is keeping it in the air. To do this each one of you will be given a anti-magic filled gem, call it a timer less anti-magic bomb, to place, throw, or somehow get it close enough to interact with said power field and destroy it. Until the activation word is spoken, the gem is harmless and will not affect your personal magic gear. Now though we cannot teleport you to it we do have many potions of flying available for those that do not have flight capability through magical means."

"The castle is guarded by both Dragons and Gargoyles; however, we will be throwing all Pegasus, Eagle troopers, and any other flight capable unit mainly at the Dragons as they only number 4-6 so the Gargoyles will be pretty much all yours. We suggest if your not a member of a party or a group you hook up with one as in this case strength in numbers may help or go at it on your own we have no idea what awaits you inside the castle itself. Ok enough said the flyboys will hit the Dragons in 15 minutes you have that long to figure if you stay or go and how you will get there. Good Luck.”

(DM OOC: Ok game is officially restarted so to speak talk among yourselves and decide how you are going to get to the flying castle. From my next post on you will be in combat rounds so be aware and decide your actions carefully. Ok everyone GAME ON!!)


Posted on 2013-06-24 at 04:48:11.
Edited on 2013-06-24 at 04:57:25 by TannTalas

Kriea
postima prolifica
Karma: 74/7
691 Posts


Adornment

Oh how Valane longed for something pretty. Something shiny and jewel encrusted to dull the vivid images of hurt from battle and the feelings of isolation that came with suddenly pulling away from Ulthok. He had been a strength and warmth at her back, a comfort she had never known and couldn't allow herself now. Indeed, something beautiful might be just the thing to brighten her up.

As they flitted about the marketplace she fingered bangles and baubles, trying to decide what would please her best. It was the body artists that finally drew her eye. To have a jeweled necklace or brooch was interesting, but to have a gem fused with her flesh was even more exciting. She slipped away from Lady Jessica and returned several moments later considerably quieter. The taste of her own blood combine with the sharp sting brought her into sharp focus. A shiny new bauble indeed, a great game as well. Once they located their little group again she couldn't wait to see what would be said as they noticed.


Posted on 2013-06-28 at 07:13:32.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Flying time...

As Cor ran towards the Manor, he was astonished to see a huge flying fortress. Suddenly, he recalled his dream...
A fortress castle, dark and sinister.
Dragons flying around it.
Something strange, hard to see, not a normal castle.
A cage within, disheveled but defiant women with silver hair and a beautiful face.
This must be it!, Cor thought. He made sure to keep pace with Bareel as they ran to the manor. When they arrived the party, though two members short, they were lead through a small tunnel. Once they reached the other side, they party noticed area of armoured men and women, with the kings about to address them. After the kings finished their speech, Cor turned to the other party members.

"Lexison said something about a Queen who'll lead the good dragons," Cor began, " And shortly thereafter, I had a dream about the Queen being in cell in a flying fortress. I think we need to find her..." Cor paused waiting for a response. " Also, any suggestions on how to get in there?" Cor hoped they were able to free the Queen because she might be the only chance to stop the enemy army...


Posted on 2013-06-28 at 23:35:22.
Edited on 2013-06-28 at 23:35:53 by SirSadaar

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.