The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: t_catt11, SilentOne, Chessicfayth, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny's Flight
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by t_catt11)Bug Reports!
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

NPC
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


bit of a back post :s

"i'm working on a new cloak, but the cabling boarder has me flustered. or at least did till weaver began the last tune. " she answered Amera with a wry grin. it made me think of tree roots and suddenly the pattern made sense. i may have to cable a tree on this one." Aliya laughed softly with a smirking grin.

Aliya finished the row she was working on, as ulthok approached her with a slight bow. setting her knitting aside as he handed her the spell book. a faint flicker of emotion crossed her face as she took the book from Ulthok. "you honor me greatly, with this gift of knowledge. I hope i can honor her memory and you in return." Aliya said letting her fingers glide over the cover then opening the book reverently. pausing a moment as ulthok mentioned a magic ring. the mage in her wanted to take it simply because it might mean more power, the thief/merchant wanted to take it simply to fence for money, but in the end it was simply the fact that she did not need it an she'd hope that someone else with in their ranks would make better use of it. "A ring? thank you, but no." she held up her right hand which held several rings already.

closing haila's spell book she pulled her own from benieth her cloak the leather bound tome with her spidery scrawl etched across the cover with several protection siggils an binding runes pressed deep into the leather. she slide her hand along the binding releasing a seal and flipped it open. "master Ulthok, may hap you could help me with this spell?" Alyia questioned pointing to the lightning spell. "i get the casting in general but the arithmetic confounds me to no end. And it is much to dangerous a spell to simply cast with out knowing the full ramification of its effects and extent." Aliya blushed slightly turning the book so that he could read it from with in her grasp.


All eyes fell to lady Rayne and weaver as the small lady elf cornered weaver. Ulthok held up his hands and Alyia stifled a soft giggle at the comedy of the sudden situation. the sudden and quite shocking voice of the kitchen mother startled everyone and simultaneously defused and charged the energies between weaver and rayne.

Aliya set aside her spell book with a shrugging glance at Ulthok as the kitchen mother berated him, her stomach gave a soft gurgled at the mention of food. an she had to think weather she had eaten anything since early in the morning.

Weaver jumped up and began to dig in his pack holding up a small square of fabric. Alyia found the childlike pride which shone in his face made his usually dower expression quite endearing to the halfling. she noted he was quite skilled at his namesake. Alyia was distracted from Rayne's and weavers plans at the scent of dinner which the kitchen mother had promised, her stomach growled loudly making her blush.

the next several hours were a blur of shock an awe. Alyia now sat with the rest of the party befuddled and trying to wrap their minds around the best ways to launch an assault on this flying castle.


Posted on 2013-06-29 at 06:30:35.

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Battle prep

Bareel grinned as he listened to the king’s speech of the coming mission, there would be killing and he unconsciously gripped the haft of his axe so hard the wood creaked slightly in protest. His grin faded when they talked of them flying up to the floating castle; flying? He didn’t like that prospect.

As soon as the battle speech was completed, Cor gathered the party together and added some further info to the plan.

Lexison said something about a Queen who'll lead the good dragons," Cor began, " And shortly thereafter, I had a dream about the Queen being in cell in a flying fortress. I think we need to find her..." Cor paused waiting for a response. " Also, any suggestions on how to get in there?" Cor hoped they were able to free the Queen because she might be the only chance to stop the enemy army...
“I don’t know how we get up there,” Bareel spoke up, “but if ya do I will take care of them nasty beasties for ya.”

When talk of flying and potions came about, Bareel shook his head. “I… ah… have never flown before. I am not sure I like the thought of flying. Isnt there another way?”

After further discussion on flying and potions were obtained, Bareel would be resistant to flying but in the end his desire for battle would win out and he would agree to take one of the flying potions but only if someone was with him to assist him as he had no idea what he was doing.

“Well if we are going ta do this,” Bareel said, “lets get going and we wont know what we face till we get up there.”



Posted on 2013-06-29 at 14:56:01.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Back Post...........

The half elf mage looked up from the book, "A ring? thank you, but no." She held up her right hand which held several rings already. Then opening her own book she looked up to and said, "Master Ulthok, may hap you could help me with this spell?" Alyia questioned pointing to the lightning spell. "I get the casting in general but the arithmetic confounds me to no end. And it is much to dangerous a spell to simply cast with out knowing the full ramification of its effects and extent." A blush seemed to wash her cheeks as she turned the book so that he could read it though he noted she did not release it to him.

Ulthok chuckled as he read the text. “I see you have been taught by a scholarly wizard. They usually write the text so that the learner must spend time trying the spell over and over. In time the student will realize that the math is a buff and it is the wizards will and sense that controls the spell. When you cast the spell next just be confident as you draw the power and concentrate on the target. Your will is stronger than you may believe, the spell will serve you, you do not need to serve it.
Before suggesting they go to the city wall to let the mage show him her technique Rayne and Weave caught his attention.



Posted on 2013-07-01 at 03:03:24.
Edited on 2013-07-01 at 03:09:23 by Odyson

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Tayne as well as going with Weaver to find this wolfm is looking for a wand of sure serious or cure Critical if not that then scolls for the same and a raise dead if she can get one or two. works out every day with sword and Buckler. and bow. also trying to replenish her arrows as much as she can She also helos with healing every day. Qhereever it is needed, Aeron ackts as her eyes in the sky to find those that need her services as a healer. She has also asked him to kept a lookout for teh wolf. It should be easy in a city unless the wolf has gone to groun. In the quiet of the relative evening she will try to hone in on the wold

Tayne thinks the new members of their cadre seem to be working out well, each in their way They are an congenial lot. and there has been no problems that she could see when in the manor or out and about.

The talk around the manr has helped to take their minds off of the battle for a bit and that is a good things to be constantsly oppress by such thought is not a good thing.


Posted on 2013-07-01 at 03:58:50.

Brundel
Resident
Karma: 18/0
207 Posts


Not more Flying...

Horns echoed around the vast walls of Craggian Core sending the city into a panic driven frenzy, guards rushed to man the walls and the civilians closed up their stores or ran for the relative safety of their homes. Not many projectiles had made it into The Core and Lothor wasn't expecting many to fall this day either, yet when he looked to the skies he saw a vast monument, apparently flying through the sky. Lothor was surprised that his usual shock was not there, as normally these supernatural events flustered him completely. Maybe he was getting used to it, he thought to himself. Soon though his battle driven awareness kicked in and banished such thoughts from his head, he must be ready for battle.

As Lothor donned his armour adjusting belts and clips he thought once more of the strange enemies which the Black Robes had thrown against them in their raid but a few days prior. Haunting images flooded his mind, his sword biting into the neck of young innocents and a smile registered upon his features.

A knock at the door shattered his thoughts and Lothor let out a sigh before responding to the sound. When he opened his door he saw a kings messenger, flustered and out of breath. Through panting breaths he told Lothor there was to be a meeting with all of the elite groups and asked him to follow his lead. Lothor agreed with a nod and saw that some of the party were already following the messenger.

Once the entirety of the party had been found minus the mysterious disappearances of Valene and the Lady Jessica they were led to a small tunnel which apparently led underground. After a short walk the tunnel opened up to a huge room where the monarchs of the surrounding lands were about to begin a briefing to a room full of the most elite warriors that Trilogy still possessed.

It became clear to Lothor that he had little choice of the matter he had bonded with many of the party and would stay with them now until death, which was becoming ever more likely. He also could not give up on Trilogy. His entire life had been spent looking after the small hamlets and villages dotted throughout the lands if he did not step forward to take up this mission he would be letting every person in Trilogy down, rich or poor.

Once the speeches from all of the important bodies of Trilogy had ended Cor took the party aside and told of Lexson's last words and the prophetic dream he had had the night after. Lothor did not believe in prophecies, yet because of the strange happenings since meeting this group he decided he could let it go, who knows it might even come true! After that Cor asked if any knew of a way to get up to the flying fortress and Lothor was stuck for words... needless to say this was not his specialist field.


Posted on 2013-07-02 at 22:30:02.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6368 Posts


United you stand

As Valene and the Lady Jessica moved around the fort shopping for anything possibly useful to the party. They both found that they enjoyed the others company. At one point though Jessica turned to speak to Valene and found her gone, only to find her once more beside her thirty minutes later.

“And where did you go Miss Valene?” Asked the female Paladin. With a grin on her face, as if having a new secret the young Halfling stuck out her tongue showing off her new piercing. Shaking her head in a small bout of laughter the Lady just shook her head.

However, the feeling of warm comradeship was soon gone as they along with the rest of Craggian Core heard the horns, drums, and cheers of the dark army poised outside the walls. As word of what was happening raced through the city, people’s screams were easy to hear.

“They mass!”
“They are massing to attack!”
“We are all going to die!”

Then the first volley of the large stones hit the inner city, followed by a second.

“The sky, the sky, look to the sky!”
As Valene and Jessica turned their eyes upward, they joined the mass population of the fort as all eyes turned to see the dark mass of a sky riding castle. Not wasting any time trying to understand the nature of this flying fortress, the Lady Jessica turned to Valene.

“Come Valene we must get back to the manor and rejoin the rest.” The Lady Jessica spoke,

“Right behind you” Valene answered.

Moving quickly through the maze of scared, screaming people and soldiers headed to the walls was as if the two were in combat itself, but finally they reached the manor house to find it empty of the party.

“You there, do you know of where our companions have gone” Jessica asked of the nearest guard.

“No my lady they followed a messenger of the Kings towards the wall.”
Thinking quickly, as more stones fell, the Lady Jessica familiar with Craggian Core and still of the kings guard knew of a place, a bunker truthfully, the kings would possibly go for safety. Summoned by the king’s messenger mayhap the party would gather there. Without anything better as to the party’s location the two gathered up their gear in record time and headed to this bunker. Once there Jessica knew she had picked right as over a hundred people were gathered inside listening to the fortress commander as he finished his briefing.

“The castle is guarded by both Dragons and Gargoyles; however, we will be throwing all Pegasus, Eagle troopers, and any other flight capable unit mainly at the Dragons as they only number 4-6 so the Gargoyles will be pretty much all yours. We suggest if your not a member of a party or a group you hook up with one as in this case strength in numbers may help or go at it on your own we have no idea what awaits you inside the castle itself. Ok enough said the flyboys will hit the Dragons in 15 minutes you have that long to figure if you stay or go and how you will get there.”
Using her superior size she was quickly able to find the party as they spoke among themselves. Signaling to Valene to follow she quickly opened a path to their sides. As she and Valene entered the parties awareness of them, Valene could not help herself. With a big smile across her face she quipped.

“So did ya miss us”


Posted on 2013-07-04 at 03:05:56.
Edited on 2013-07-04 at 03:07:47 by TannTalas

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
769 Posts


Ideas?

Amara followed them to the King’s bunker. A castle that’s flying.. She’d never think she’d see this when she was younger.. Listening to what was going on, Amara quickly calculated a few thoughts about what was going to happen. The dragon queen was held hostage Cor had said.. Well there goes that idea. Shaking her head she looks at those gathered,

“Then how do we get up there?” Pausing she quietly sighed, “What if we had a few troops blast it with spells or attack it from the ground while we head up there? Or cast spells as we're flying?"


Posted on 2013-07-05 at 03:16:12.
Edited on 2013-07-05 at 03:23:02 by SilentOne

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


muttered thoughts...

Alyia looked around at the party, they were a mottly lot and though their numbers were fair, numbers weren't in their odds.

if castles defenses are any good, most attacks we toss at them won't make them more then flinch.

we needed more information, reconnaissance. then we can at least formulate a strategy that wont get us kill immediately.

grumbling to herself alyia began piecing together a plan aloud.
"someone has to have animal control? someone mentioned a wolf. no that's no good. flying... birds? Pegasus are to big they'll be seen right away, same with Eagle warriors. wrens, or song birds? sight through em we'd get multiple info at once using a couple people. then how do we get up their? flying? no to direct. doubt they'd leave a door or drain open to the underside that would be to obvious. teleport in ?..."

Alyia paused looking up from her mutterings red faced."oh, sorry."



Posted on 2013-07-05 at 03:49:24.
Edited on 2013-07-05 at 03:52:29 by Astrid

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Ideas and More ideas

"My eagle owl can fly but not carry anyone, he is much to small for that even if he is rather larger for an owl. I know some Pegasys riders but they are all busy already. If there was a way that we can be transported byt Aeron if we could get inside some sort of container It might be pssible if her were invisible. "


"The enemy will be looking for anything that mught pernetrate theier defenses by magic or trickery." Someone think of how we can do this. Ulthok how about a tleport ip there?"


Posted on 2013-07-07 at 09:16:01.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Lets get rolling

“The sky, the sky, look to the sky!”

As Valene and Jessica turned their eyes upward, they joined the mass population of the fort as all eyes turned to see the dark mass of a sky riding castle. Not wasting any time trying to understand the nature of this flying fortress, the Lady Jessica turned to Valene.

“Come Valene we must get back to the manor and rejoin the rest.” The Lady Jessica spoke,

“Right behind you” Valene answered.

Moving quickly through the maze of scared, screaming people and soldiers headed to the walls was as if the two were in combat itself, but finally they reached the manor house to find it empty of the party.

“You there, do you know of where our companions have gone” Jessica asked of the nearest guard.

“No my lady they followed a messenger of the Kings towards the wall.”

Thinking quickly, as more stones fell, the Lady Jessica familiar with Craggian Core and still of the kings guard knew of a place, a bunker truthfully, the kings would possibly go for safety. Summoned by the king’s messenger mayhap the party would gather there. Without anything better as to the party’s location the two gathered up their gear in record time and headed to this bunker. Once there Jessica knew she had picked right as over a hundred people were gathered inside listening to the fortress commander as he finished his briefing.

“The castle is guarded by both Dragons and Gargoyles; however, we will be throwing all Pegasus, Eagle troopers, and any other flight capable unit mainly at the Dragons as they only number 4-6 so the Gargoyles will be pretty much all yours. We suggest if your not a member of a party or a group you hook up with one as in this case strength in numbers may help or go at it on your own we have no idea what awaits you inside the castle itself. Ok enough said the flyboys will hit the Dragons in 15 minutes you have that long to figure if you stay or go and how you will get there.”

Using her superior size she was quickly able to find the party as they spoke among themselves. Signaling to Valene to follow she quickly opened a path to their sides. As she and Valene entered the parties awareness of them, Valene could not help herself. With a big smile across her face she quipped.

“So did ya miss us”

Lady Jessica came in dressed out in full armor and weapons, ready to take the battle to the enemy. When they reached the rest of the group she immediately became the warrior that she was.

“So, what is the plan?” she asked addressing them and looking to Cor for the decision, “We can use the potions to fly up there I guess, but does anyone have any magic that might hide or disguise us?”

Lady Jessica was eager to get to the battling where she was best, she would leave the magic parts to those more versed in the arcane arts. Once a plan was settled on, she would be ready and fall into place, her weapons ready to defend when the need arose.




Posted on 2013-07-07 at 14:22:27.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1271 Posts


Let's get 'em!

Witch.
The word hissed through her mind, as insubstantial and ever-present as the memory it came from. Held onto over long years passed, it had not stung then, but it did so now. This time, the accusation was her own.

She had once been like the quiet calm of a moonlit night. For near two centuries she had lived the cloistered life of a priestess and had been unyielding serenity made flesh. Clad in diaphanous robes of indigo dyed silk, Siréne had glided through the sacred groves of her homeland, a beautiful statue dedicated to the will of the Goddess. She had been terribly beautiful, serene, and aloof.

That all seemed a lifetime ago. Where was the perfectly composed priestess now? She had lived a peaceful life, going so far as to abstain from flesh food. Now her hands were stained with blood that would never truly wash away. It had been in a fit of maddening despair and rage that she had channeled magics she had fervently swore never to use. Alasdair had betrayed them all, and she, a guardian of the mysteries of the Great Goddess, had been the one to place him among them. She had found him near death, without even a memory of his name. Calling him Allanan the Wanderer, she healed him and told him of the mysteries of the Great Goddess. Out of all her new companions, it had be he that she trusted most, even up until the very end. Yet all along he had been a twisted demon. The world would have been better served had she just let him die where she found him. Alasdair's betrayal had snapped something within her. Torrents of the wild rage of the Goddess rushed in to drown the stoic priestess. There seemed to be no end to the flood. Each time she began to find her footing again, a new wave would rush in and sweep her a way. She reveled and drowned in the tempest.

CRASH
Thunderous explosions pulled the copper skinned elf from her reverie. Siréne turned to see great rocks plummet down from the sky and slam into the fortress walls. Through the rising cloud of rocky dust, she could see an ominous dark form growing in the sky. From obsidian walls the black castle launched volley after volley of rocks into the defenses at Craggian Core. The clamor of exploding rock was joined a chorus of men's dying screams. Instinctively the she-elf turned away from the horror, seeking the serenity of the Unseen World. Deep within she found something else, rage cooled to hardened steel. With smoldering eyes, the enchantress turned to face the onslaught. The Goddess was the calm of a gentle breeze, but she was also the rage of the storm. For now, Siréne would be the hand of the Goddess of Retribution, penance could be sought another time.

She made haste to the manor finding her companions making ready for the coming battle and joined them to follow the messenger into the underground tunnels. Deep in beneath Craggian Core the enlisted them all for the fight to come. Standing amongst the scores of war tempered men and women, Siréne steeled herself. Soon they would be taking flight on a mission from which few, if any, would return.


Posted on 2013-07-08 at 02:34:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6368 Posts


Let's get the party started

As the party talked of the best way to reach this flying castle as quickly as possible and without getting into a sustained airborne firefight Ulthok thanks to a nudge from Peri came up with an Idea. Nodding to the faerie dragon, who at once disappeared, he turned to the rest of the party and laid it out for them. Within a matter of just minutes he had an image in his head then was able to see the castles courtyard through her eyes.

Drawing a quick, yet well drawn picture, he showed it to all, making sure that the three other teleport spell ready party members got a good look and verbal description. With this information in hand it was now just a matter of how they would teleport in...........

(Ok here's your map of the castle courtyard. Any questions post them of course in the Q/A)
 photo 9b471850-f4fe-4c46-8dfd-3fb2397e90db_zpsb0db3c26.jpg


Posted on 2013-07-11 at 01:28:31.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6146 Posts


Game On...............

When the Commander had finished the party stood trying to understand what to do next. Peri read Ulthok ’s thoughts that he wished he could see into the castle’s courtyard so he could cast Teleport and just bypass the dragons and gargoyles. Nudging his ear Peri planted a message in his mind.“Silly human, I can solve that by flying up and letting you see through me. Haven’t you figured that out yet.” Ulthok smiled and nodded, Peri vanished and started her flight to the castle.

“People, I’ve a plan to get us in past the dragons and gargoyle. Peri has flown up and I will be able to see what she sees. With that I’ll draw the layout and describe in detail the courtyard. From that we can cast teleport spells and just appear in the courtyard."

Over the next few minutes Ulthok prepared and soon Peri clearly placed the image of the courtyard in the Halflings mind. As he started to draw he had the party gather around and watch. A picture of the enemy strong hold emerged. The number and size of the enemy also became apparent. Orcs and goblins dotted the area with guard of large Orcs guarding what must be the way into the interior where the Queen would be held. A Red Dragon sat on the rampart above the doors as if guarding the four Balistas that rain stone down on the city.

The party watch and listened. “If we appear as group of the large Orcs lead by a Black Robe Mage they would not think that as odd as eleven fighters. ….. Weaver, your skill with words and reading the situation would work will if you would appear as one of the Black Robe Mage. Sirene, your veil worked well before if you could make us appear as the large Orcs we will follow Weaver as he leads us to the doors. If we can make them to believe we were sent to guard the Dragon Queen they may think it is as the Dark Ones would have planned it. I can cast a bit of confusion on them to help. It is chancy but we should appear at the top of the stairs in front of the large Orcs. If we move boldly with Weaver demanding them to step aside it may work. But be ready to attack if they do not succumb to the confusion.
Now Weaver.. you take Cor and Lothor. Alrya, you take Barreel,Amara and Sirene. Valene, Rayne and Cor you come with me. Alyra and I will teleport here and here “, as Ulthok point point to a space right and left at the top of the stairs. “Weaver you teleport here,” Point to the space between the Orcs and where the others would appear. “Must go quickly before the enemy move too much.“ With that he nodded to Sirene to cast her veil and to Weave to change himself. “We are as ready as we will ever be, join groups and let us go.”Where once stood the elite group of King’s Select a group very large Orcs and and a Black Robe now appear. Casting his Teleport as did Alyra and Weaver they where whisked away.

To those left behind only trace of the party was the drawing left on the ground and a fading “Great Googlie Mooglie” could be heard.



Posted on 2013-07-14 at 04:54:52.
Edited on 2014-02-17 at 17:57:58 by Odyson

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6368 Posts


The' Sucide Mission' begins

With a plan, finally in hand all that was now needed was to implement it. However, by the time the final plan was agreed on by all, the assault had already begun and the eleven member strong party found themselves almost the last to go. With the spell of Vail cast and Weaver polymorphed to look as a Black Robe the three teleport ready party members, Ulthok, Aliya and Weaver each took hold of the others and then were gone.

To emerge from the teleport spells to find themselves on the castle steps and in the middle of chaos. Though they thenselves were still concealed by Sirene’s Vail and Weaver by his Polymorph, others with the same idea of teleporting were not and a battle royal was underway. To the left a mass of Orcs, Goblins, and Kobolds numbering roughly fifty or more, a group of twelve of the super sized Orcs and a foursome of Gargoyles faced off with a group of eight adventurers. As the party took this in one of the adventurers fell to the ground, dead, to join a second adventurer already lying there. To the right the party could see that the main entrance leading inside the castle was yet guarded by the same six super sized Orcs as before but clearly their attention was not on the door, but the fight below.

As the party turned towards the entrance, a cry of anguish and pain came from the left. The scream coming from one of the unknown adventurers, a woman in armor, with no helmet and armed with sword and shield. Her shield crest marking her as a Paladin in the service of the king of Paletine, was raised up off the ground by one of the super Orcs. Both his hands tight around her throat, she screamed in pain again. As the large monster stood laughing the party watched as she vainly attempted to strike him. The other adventurers present, involved in their own life or death battles and clearly outnumbered, could do nothing to help. With no one to stop him he began to strangle her, death for the female Paladin only minutes away.

For the party the time to break for the main entrance was now. With the six door guards whooping in joy at the killings below. The odds were in favor of the eleven-member party, disguised as a Black Robe and his Orc followers, making it inside without a fight.............

(DM OOC: Ok I know my post is a day early but I already had most of this written since Friday and only needed Ody’s post to add the details. So there you have it you are in the courtyard and your Vail spell is very much intact. As of right now you’re in combat rounds so your actions on your next post will count as round 1. As you’re disguised, you have the initiative. Good Luck and Game On!)


Posted on 2013-07-14 at 06:16:01.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Intervention needed.

The Plan was a simple one; disguise themselves with magic to look like the enemy and then teleport up to the floating castle, pretend to be the creatures and get inside as soon as possible. Sounded easy enough.

After the concealing magic was cast and the slight disorientation from teleport they arrived at castle steps. Lady Jessica had her sword and shield in hand, ready in case something went wrong and the magic didn’t hide them properly. They stood for a couple seconds to get their bearings, then turned towards the entrance when a cry of anguish and pain made the Paladin turn and freeze in her tracks.

A woman, a female Paladin that Jessica had seen before though didn’t know her name, was in the grasp of one of the very large Orcs who was holding her aloft and slowly strangling her. The large orc, bigger than any she had ever seen, was laughing at the helpless struggles of the Paladin in his grip and was enjoying it a bit too much for Jessica’s taste.

With a snarl on her lips, Lady Jessica turned in that direction and had taken a step towards the Large Orc and his struggling prey.

(OOC: Ok, Jessica is going to have a hard time walking away from this scene. Someone might want to intervene and whisper something to her; something that is going to get her to make the right choice. Otherwise, well you know what could happen if she blows their cover. Sorry to do this, but she is a Paladin and something like this is hard to overlook. )


Posted on 2013-07-14 at 19:14:09.
Edited on 2013-07-14 at 19:15:04 by Teller of Aryn

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.