The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3963 registered users. Our newest member is Amino.
Online members: TannTalas, Alacrity
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Grugg)Last Chance Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


In your face kind of dwarf

The three giant Orc guards to the right begin to charge through and past the party. As the three giant Orcs went through the Veil the first two did not stop, their attention fully on reaching the battle below.

However, the third guard was not as fast in his movement and as he passed by the party members, he like the Orc key holder caught a whiff of them. Stopping to look back at them unsure if he had smelled right, he moved closer to Aliya and sniffed her again................

Bareel moved aside to let the Giant Orcs pass by; but when the last one stopped and sniffed the air the dwarf thought they just might have trouble. His axe still in hand he quickly made a decision; he stepped over and got in the face of the nosy Orc; knowing that he appeared much the same. He didn’t speak their language but he snarled and growled and made a gesture as if to say mind your own business.

His axe was itching to taste the blood of these orcs yet he carefully kept his rage in check; for now. He watched the Giant Orc, locking eyes with him, as much as possible and daring the Orc to make a wrong move. He was ready, if the Orc made any move to harm any of them he would attack with all out ferocity. He figured that since he appeared as a Giant Orc his adversary would probably be aiming a bit high if he attacked him. The lower part of the Giant Orc would taste the steel of his axe if he attempted to attack.

(OOC: Basically, Bareel is trying to intimidate the Orc and give him another target for his attention and maybe his nose as well. I figure that since Bareel never cleans the blood off his armor, using it as kind of a war paint, he no doubt has quite a bit of orc blood and maybe, just maybe, the Giant Orc might smell it and it might cover the other smells he might pick up. Hey, probably worth a die roll, no? )


Posted on 2013-07-23 at 23:47:43.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


The Gods will prevail!

Lady Jessica paused as she saw Bareel getting in the face of one of the Giant Orc which seemed to be paying a little too much attention to the party. She stood close behind the dwarf waiting to see if his intimidation of the orc worked; if not then she stood ready to assist him if possible. She saw that the other Giant Orcs there had rushed off to join the battle; and she saw the female Paladin had escaped her tormentor and was again battling against their foes. She smiled, it seemed her intervention was not needed, as she always believed if you were true to your god then they would help you through any situation.

If Bareel was successful in getting the Giant Orc to move on so that they could continue to the doors, then she would fall in with the others while keeping a watchful eye for any other problems that might threaten their progress to just get inside the Castle. She knew they couldn’t hope to sneak in all the way to their objective but at least they could hope to get inside before they had to start battling their way forth.

She prayed to Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and Combat, to aid them in their quest, to help them make the right choices to lead them to their objective and to victory.


Posted on 2013-07-25 at 10:46:05.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


The Black Robe is getting mad...

‘YOU, big ugly one! Down those stairs now and use your weapon, or is that too much for your small brain to remember?’ the black robe then looked to his goblin guard, ‘You Maggots inside now! So we may close these doors behind us!’


Posted on 2013-07-27 at 18:14:56.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


The Castle Looms

For the party it seemed when one thing went right and an obstacle was removed something else created yet another one. Such was the case with these giant Orcs superior sense of smell. Though the party looked like them and Maggot looked like a Black Robe, they did not smell the same and so they were now in danger of discovery. As the giant Orc leaned closer to Aliya and readied himself to smell, again Barreel moved quickly in front of her and growled as only a Dwarf can.

There had once been a story by Elves that at the beginning of times in this the world of Trilogy that Orcs and Humans were in truth related. That during the course of years of interbreeding had over time created the race of Dwarf. Weather that story was true or not was not the question but of all the party the only one that could even come close to smelling as an Orc should, was Barreel. His armor so crusted with the blood of creatures too many to name, including many an Orc, gave the sniffing Orc a nose full of an even worse smell then normal, causing the giant Orc to reel back from him. Barreel’s growl so Orc like in his anger of not being able to attack was the final straw as the third giant Orc stepped back from the Elf Fighter/mage.

"YOU, big ugly one! Down those stairs now and use your weapon, or is that too much for your small brain to remember?" Then looking over his shoulder. "You Maggots inside now! So we may close these doors behind us!"

Hearing the command issued to him as if from a Black Robe the giant Orc almost meekly ran to join the other two in heading to the courtyard. As Maggot turned to move through the door, he felt a brush of wind past his face and a small pain as two well-fired arrows barely missed him. A quick look back showed him a flying Elf armed with a bow coming to land on the courtyard wall, The Elf's hooded gaze and bow aimed at him.. Behind the Elf could be seen a few more flying adventures headed in to land. As the rest of the party moved past him and the doors began to close he could see the Elf bowmen, no a women, aiming for him once more. Then the doors were closed and the party all eleven were inside.

Before them, the party stood in an entryway much like in any of a hundred such castles with another door in front of them made of wood. Without having to say anything, Ulthok backed by Valene was at the door and checking for traps but found the door unlocked and free of any such. However being a Mage, he felt an aura of strong magic surrounding the door but what spell or spells exactly he was unsure. However for him to have felt it at all without casting any type of detection spell told him enough.

“I fear the door is covered by spells of detection and to move beyond will reveal the truth of us.”...................


(DM OOC: Ok I took a little liberty with Ulthok but I did not want to spend a week of everyone wondering what type of magic is on the door and should we go through it. The door, actually the whole castle, is sort of one huge spell of true seeing as the owner of it is very paranoid of how others look and how she looks to them. Think the evil queen from Snow White only seriously worse. Beyond the door you will find a hallway running West to East and another hallway running South. I do this so in your posts this week you can post which way you go once you pass this door. Unless of course you head back outside as the door is not magically closed from the inside. Ok this is where the game may slow down a bit, as there are a number of rooms to search enemies to fight and so on. Once past these doors, even Weaver’s true self will be superimposed as a ghost over his Polymorphed self. Everyone will look as they truly are unless you somehow find another non-magical way to disguise yourselves.
Ok Next post Next Sunday.)


Posted on 2013-07-29 at 05:31:12.
Edited on 2013-07-29 at 05:47:13 by TannTalas

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


In the fortress

Cor entered the entrance behind Weaver, who's disguise worked well... too well in fact. One of there allies thought him as one of the enemies, and fired a couple arrows at him. Fortunately, the arrows missed Weaver.

The group entered the fortress, which was similar to many of the other castles around Trilogy, and found another door blocking the way. Ulthok and Valene immediately checked the door for traps. Ulthok's report was not a good one. “I fear the door is covered by spells of detection and to move beyond will reveal the truth of us.

Cor glanced around the room. He was confident that they would still be able to finish the mission. "So, this is where we lose the disguises. Unless anyone can see a way too keep them..." Cor paused, waiting to listen to anyone's ideas.

After a couple moments, Cor approached the door. Drawing a faint breath, he gently pushed it open. Once he had passed through the door, he saw that there was two hallways they could use: one that ran South, and one that went from West to East. Cor halted part way through the door, and turned back to the party.

"I would like to head towards the heart of the castle. I feel like it would be a more direct route to our goals. Would any of you guys rather go down the other hallway?"

OOC: (If the plan doesn't change, Cor will head down the hallway towards the center of the castle. He is more than willing to change if a majority of people want to head the other way though.)


Posted on 2013-08-02 at 21:54:44.
Edited on 2013-08-02 at 21:58:55 by SirSadaar

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Let's Roll

Before them, the party stood in an entryway much like in any of a hundred such castles with another door in front of them made of wood. Without having to say anything, Ulthok backed by Valene was at the door and checking for traps but found the door unlocked and free of any such. However being a Mage, he felt an aura of strong magic surrounding the door but what spell or spells exactly he was unsure. However for him to have felt it at all without casting any type of detection spell told him enough.

“I fear the door is covered by spells of detection and to move beyond will reveal the truth of us.”...................

Jessica was glad they made it into the castle, and that they hadn't been struck by their own forces who didn't know that the monsters before them were in fact their comrades undercover. She looked around the entryway and took it in; she was kind of glad that the disguises would be dropped. She much preferred them fighting their way through than sneaking around; she was a warrior and she would rather depend on her battle skills than to magic to hide them from detection.

Cor glanced around the room. He was confident that they would still be able to finish the mission. "So, this is where we lose the disguises. Unless anyone can see a way too keep them..." Cor paused, waiting to listen to anyone's ideas.

After a couple moments, Cor approached the door. Drawing a faint breath, he gently pushed it open. Once he had passed through the door, he saw that there was two hallways they could use: one that ran South, and one that went from West to East. Cor halted part way through the door, and turned back to the party.

"I would like to head towards the heart of the castle. I feel like it would be a more direct route to our goals. Would any of you guys rather go down the other hallway?"

"Unless someone knows exactly which way is our objective," Jessica spoke up, "I say that way is as good as another. We follow your lead, Cor."

Whichever way was chosen, Lady Jessica was close to the front of the group, her shield and sword held ready; her senses alert and ready for combat at a moment's notice.



Posted on 2013-08-02 at 23:13:16.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


Game On...............

Finally the doors opened and Weaver lead the way into the castle. The fighting behind them was closing too quickly as accented by the Elven arrows a\\that whizzed past the bard now in Black Robe and looking too much like the enemy. As the doors closed behind them Ulthok and Valene moved quickly to check traps. They found non but there was an inner set doors that radiated magic force that would detect the true identify of those that passed through. That force seemed to emanate from many directions and it was evident that their disguise would no longer serve them.

Turning to the party he said, “I fear the door is covered by spells of detection and to move beyond will reveal the truth of us.”

Cor stepped up,"So, this is where we lose the disguises. Unless anyone can see a way too keep them..." Turning to the doors he pushed them open and looked into the interior."I would like to head towards the heart of the castle. I feel like it would be a more direct route to our goals. Would any of you guys rather go down the other hallway?"
Ulthok shook his head as he thought that sounded too simple, but Cor was his leader and there was no time to waste. “ Well you’ve only got me killed once so far… so down the middle we go.” With his senses on full alert for traps the Halfling stepped past the Knight’s Cleric and once more took his place in the lead.

Down each of the corridors could be seen what appeared to be rooms or chambers. The mage knew each would need to be checked. “Peri keep your eyes peeled and listen for any fey or dragon. We need to find the White Dragon Queen. These rooms will hold dangers so be careful.” As he moved down the hall he headed to the first chamber to his left and hoped the others would follow.



Posted on 2013-08-03 at 01:49:48.
Edited on 2013-08-03 at 14:37:24 by Odyson

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Who will they see?

‘The heart of the castle might be one place to start, but why put the throne room in the heart of the castle. You would have to take your visitors on a long walk deep into the heart of your castle. I say keep to the main hall, search for two very elaborate doors that scream, “I am all powerful! Fear me or die! See how wealthy I truly am!” behind those doors you will find this queen we seek.’ He then looked at the plane wooden doors before him, ‘Beyond these doors I will be myself once again?’ Maggot smiled, ‘Whom will I be?’ and he began to step forward…


Posted on 2013-08-03 at 22:17:01.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


And we're off! :)

With the knowledge that once through the door before them that all disguise would be lost they proceeded forward anyway. Through the door with Uthlok in the lead once more, they headed straight down the South hallway and reached a set of straight stairs going up one level. A quick check by the male Halfling Thief and no traps found the party proceeded upwards. Before them the hallway continued south however now the party could see to their left a series of three doors spaced 30 feet apart. 70 yards and just between doors two and three to the right a second possible hallway intersected the present hallway that continued south.

As the party gained this information, they suddenly heard the opening of door two and once more the same guttural voices as the giant Orcs outside. Out of the door came 8 of the giant Orcs fully outfitted for battle and clearly headed for the battle outside. A quick moment of surprise at the sight of the eleven of you, guttural screams of alarm and then the eight Orc's charging forward the party found themselves in combat for the first time on this suicide mission............

(OOC: Ok short post. Due to that moment of surprise at seeing you inside the fortress, the party has initiative. Have fun GAME ON!)


Posted on 2013-08-05 at 01:20:47.
Edited on 2013-08-05 at 01:26:43 by TannTalas

Archangel
Resident
Karma: 17/2
213 Posts


Finally!!

Bareel grinned seeing the Giant Orcs come out of the door; finally a foe he could sink his axe into. With an inarticulate cry he hefted his axe and with a couple of long strides he leaped (Boots) and sprung forward to leap into combat with his foes. He began to sing at the top of his lungs as he axe made wide sweeping arcs before him; his battle song fueling the ‘Rage’ within him. The putrid smell of many fallen foes upon his armor no doubt carrying to his enemy’s nostrils; soon to be joined by the blood of his recently vanquished foes.

”We sing the song
Of the underhalls
Of warriors strong
When duty calls
Our Orc foes straight down we'll MOW
Shout louder lads
***DEATH FROM BELOW*** (***SHOUTED***)

We sing the song
Of dwarven king
Of warriors strong
His praises sing
The Orc foe shall suffer WOE
Shout louder lads
***DEATH FROM BELOW***

We sing the song
Of battles won
Of warriors strong
When duty's done
Who'll lift their ales and clammor HO!
Shout louder lads
***DEATH FROM BELOW***

(OOC: Sorry I have been away, RL has demanded my attention. I will try to get my posts in on time.)



Posted on 2013-08-05 at 11:06:56.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Let's get em!

As the Giant Orcs exited one of the doorway, Lady Jessica raised her shield and took a tighter grip on her sword; she was about to ask Cor for orders when a battle cry rang out and the Dwarf Bareel leaped into battle with the Orcs singing loudly a Dwarven battle hymn.

Not one to abandon a comrade, or let one jump into battle alone, Jessica ran forth with a battle cry of her own, though not as loud or terrifying as Bareel’s. She would attack the nearest Giant Orc, calling out to Athena to guide her hand and give her strength to vanquish her foes.



Posted on 2013-08-05 at 22:08:33.
Edited on 2013-08-05 at 22:10:10 by Teller of Aryn

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


lost in the mail?


Aliya stepped through the door brushing against Amara slightly, giving her a sly wink and grin.

After a moment milling about, her stomach fell as the sound of the door echoed slightly in the giant hall. smiling to herself as she assessed the giant orc's, eight, well armored, but startled, and yelling for reinforcements or alarm.

Bareel lept into the orc's an began singing.
Aliya stifled a giggle at the signing dwarf.

Between breaths she cast flame arrow toward the back of the orc's group. hopefully cutting off retreat and hindering reinforcements an causing a little damage to the rear orc's.

the flint shard had worn a small blood welt in her finger from her grasping it so hard from being confronted earlier.

Pulling her sword Aliya matched strides with Lady Jessica and joined the fray with a loud confident laugh. the shock on the first orcs' face as she parried up into his Armour made her exclaim over her shoulder to Amara.

"They are shocked to see us dear sister! Our invitations must have gotten lost?" Alyia slashed the orc's sword arm with her left hand now holding a dagger to twin her sword.



Posted on 2013-08-06 at 00:03:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


A Little Back Post...

Ulthok moved through the door and into hall, Peri had nestled on his shoulder. As they moved Peri said, “Well you look much better as yourself.” The mage paused and looked back as party started in, each transformed back as they passed the doors.

The magic in the walls was dissolving the disguises. Then Ulthok noticed Peri sitting on his shoulder, “Peri..did you change back?” The little dragon tensed,”No, I should be invisible still!” Ulthok sent a charge of will into his ring, but nothing changed. “Oh… this isn’t good. “

The Halfling looked back to the party, “Don’t waste your Invisibility spells.. they don’t seem to work. Turning back he head down the left side of the hall. A few more steps down the hall and he froze as a set of doors opened and out rumbled 8 of the giant Orcs fully outfitted for battle. There would be no fooling them.


Posted on 2013-08-07 at 01:04:17.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Into battle!

Following Ultok as he lead the party up a flight of stairs. So far, there had been no traps. Cor began to feel cautiously optimistic about the mission. This optimism was dashed by the thought that they still needed to find the good dragon queen and escape.

After reaching the top of the flight of stairs, the party was confronted with a difficult choice. There were three doors to choose and another hallway. The decision making was interrupted by eight large orcs.

Before Cor could react, Bareel unleashed a war cry and charged towards the orcs. Aliya and Lady Jessica followed his lead, and also charged towards the orcs.

Knowing that protecting the less armoured spell casters was his primary goal, Cor first looked for any orcs that managed to pass the party's three warriors. He then proceeded to see if the three of them left any gaps in their line where an orc could fit through. Cor also knew that the first door was a threat in case some more enemy reinforcements arrived.

Cor said to everyone who was able to hear, " Let's try and finish this quickly. Who knows when more orcs will arrive."

(OOC: If Cor sees an orc break off and moves to engage it. If he sees a gap that an orc would be able to get through, he would run forward to fill it (and attack any orcs possible. If neither of these options is available, Cor will move to flank the first door and be ready to attack any enemies who come through it.)


Posted on 2013-08-08 at 04:21:01.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Sing me a song sweet music man

‘Hold the line, fighters in the front healers in the second line fighters who can not make the front line ready to step up as we rotate our fighters through!’ Weaver then paused for a moment, ‘Where did that come from?’ he whispered to himself. He then began to sing a song of truth and honor, a battle ballad of old to strike fear in the heart of the enemy and rally the heroes of the day.


Posted on 2013-08-10 at 20:31:24.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.