The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Awesome
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
644 Posts


short, but it's all i can do..

Amara glanced at the Ulthok then quickly heard Cor’s voice yelling about Aliya. Gasping the druid saw her sister lying motionlessly on the floor as she quickly ran over preparing a Cure Critical Wounds, allowing the spell to wash over Aliya.
“Hold on Aliya.. Stay alive sister”


((OOC: Obviously she'll be casting Cure Critical on Aliya ))


Posted on 2013-09-01 at 04:18:59.
Edited on 2013-09-01 at 04:22:12 by SilentOne

Kriea
postima prolifica
Karma: 74/7
691 Posts


Halfling Heart Attack

When the cold washed over her Valene knew immediately that something had gone terribly wrong. She ignored her own pains for the most part, knowing that Ulthok had taken most the blast.

The world seemed to shatter around her for a moment as she feared he had died. She knew there were ways of bringing someone back from death, she even knew several, but in that instant her brain was as frozen as the mound of dead goblins.

Suddenly Valene snapped to, realizing that action was better than panic. The words everyone else had been saying seemed to rush on her at once. She hit her knees beside him. "Don't you dare leave me. You can't," she growled at him as she let Rayne and Sirene finish their healing over him.

Though he was mostly whole she could see he was still badly wounded. She breathed out the healing spell before pressing her lips against his own, willing the rest of the damage away. She couldn't let her joybringer fade away, not when she had known so much happiness in his company.

With Ulthok out of danger she wiped the tears from her eyes and stood, the glint of hot anger in her eyes as she turned to face their foes.

(She's casting cure serious wounds just to top him off.)


Posted on 2013-09-01 at 05:22:49.
Edited on 2013-09-01 at 05:23:40 by Kriea

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Goblin Mania!!

With the death of the larger then normal Orcs and the first horde of Goblins, the party found themselves granted a one round pause. Not allowing this pause to go to waste the party members needed most went straight into action.

For Aliya the Orc’s axe had very nearly killed her, cutting her spine and almost the rest of her in two. However the quick actions of Lothor and Cor had saved her from such a gruesome fate. With the Half-Elf Fighter/Mage down and out, again did the Dwarf Knight Cleric know his duty reaching Aliya’s side first. A quick placement of his hands and the spell of Heal flowed into Aliya’s body and at once began to work.

As Amara reached Cor’s side intending to cast her own cure spell she found her sister slowly opening her eyes fully healed once more. Saving the spell for the next time she watched as Cor picked up the still groggy Half-Elf and moved her closer to the rest. Following quickly, Lothor and Amara covered the Knight Cleric knowing that the battle for this hallway was far from over, so too did the Lady Jessica.

As the other three moved Aliya safely back to where she could recover quicker the Female Elf Paladin stood where she was as if a statue made of steel. Her eyes watching the hallway itself, the connecting passage on the right, and third door, any enemy emerging would have no element of surprise. With a grunt and a swirl of odor smelling of blood and dead Orc she was joined by Barreel. Axe in hand, with a nod of his head in silent agreement, he too stood as steel beside her, a medium sized ally of death.

As for the rest of the party for three ladies, Sirene, Valene and Rayne it seemed they only had eyes for Ulthok. The three ladies rushing to his side, the skull faced Male Halfling Thief/Mage found himself hit by three Cure Serious spells at almost the same time. The force of so much healing so fast was like a hit of a magical speedball. His eyes wide as his flesh reformed, his skin flashing across his face so fast he had no time to ready for the pain of it, but found himself not caring. The rush of the magic and pain a pleasure never experienced by the Thief/Mage before. His body arching as if struck by lightening he found himself in the arms of Valene her words like a sweet whisper of seduction in his ears. "Don't you dare leave me. You can't" His body finally relaxed he lay in the Halfling Thief/Cleric’s arms, looking at a pair of eyes oh so recently on the verge of tears.

For the last of the party, though he was very concerned for one he called brother, Weaver moved to stand before the door of the Goblin horde and looked within. He did not like what he found inside the extra large Goblin living area. For though frozen Goblin bodies numbering at least fifty littered the ground before him, more then five times the number of those dead were regrouping and beginning to charge forward once more. As the Ranger/Bard watched and readied himself he saw behind them urging the horde forward something out of a nightmare. Clearly just like the Orc’s what had possibly been a normal Goblin was now something much more dangerous. It’s mutated size that of a bugbear and it’s face full of a double row of extra large teeth. It’s smile directed at Weaver promised death for the Half-Elf and the rest of the party. Flanking it four to each side were eight medium sized Goblins bordering on the size of dwarves. This horde Weaver could see easily numbering close to two hundred and fifty Goblins was headed towards the door and a lone Ranger/Bard. They would be engaged in this next round.

(DM OOC: Ok there you have it this weeks post. Both Ulthok and Aliya are fully healed. Aliya is slightly groggy and Ulthok is wired and full of energy. Ok as you can see on the map below, a very large Goblin horde is headed your way. Good Luck.)

 photo 791bb648-456b-4820-8d78-6dc86edbe9c8_zps6df50f97.jpg


Posted on 2013-09-02 at 02:08:57.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


back with the living...

Alyia's mind hazily began to clear, the thrum of magic pulsing through her entire body making her feel liquid and tingly hot. the sound of people's voiced sounded so distant to her ringing ears. her eyes slowly began to focus. Amara's face came into view and Master Cor's. why was Amara their?

Alyia tried to protest as she felt Cors' arms about her picking her up, her head spun. Alyia grabbed cor about the neck as if a child. Alyia could have laughed at the site of cor trying to carry her much taller frame, but the sheer jostling of his steps threatened to spill the contents of her stomach onto the front of his Armour. Alyia buried her face into her shoulder and clenched her eyes and mouth shut until she felt cor gently lower her to the ground.

Alyia's head began to clear, she cussed softly.

" you'd think i'd been playing soldier to long. loosing my sword and diving for it... " Alyia closed her eyes and frowned. "thank you Master Cor, I am deeply indebted to you."

Alyia lay resting a moment unsure if she should attempt moving yet, the thrum of healing magic still pulsed burning in her back.


(i may add more pending convo with Amara?)


Posted on 2013-09-02 at 06:27:08.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


I Think Arcane... I Think Arcane.......

The faerie dragon’s plea was answered. Rayne rushed to Ulthok’s side and placed hands upon him casting to reduce his injuries. Sirene seeing the horrid accidental miscue of her spell assisted and added her healing skills. The sudden rush of magic through Ulthok’s body nearly stunned him as much as the shock of the freezing cold upon the bare skin of his face. Through the rush he heard Weavers speaking concern. In those moments he telepath a message back to Peri.

“Friend, your mage seems to be getting better, but I need to know what is happening with those Goblins. Fly over to Weave and let me see inside the room.” The little Dragon flew over and as she gazed into the room Ulthok saw the gathered Goblins. Near the back a great over sized Goblin stood ringed by fierce like warriers, that must be the Chief. Across the width of the room spread what must have been full tribe living in that great hall. There were more sub leaders mingled among the band that must have reach the two hundred count and they were recovering from the blast of cold and preparing to charge.
Ulthok sensed there were too many to fight with the sword, this had to be the Mages battle. As he was about rise Valene leaned in, whispered one last healing spell and kissed him softly on him newly reborn lips.

The sudden rebirth had filled him with energy and his mind spun with possibilities to deal with the horde that now threatened those he cared for. He hoped the others would be ready, this would take all the casters working together to stop so many little vermin. Valene help him rise and he called out as bound toward the doors.

“ I’ve seen through Peri that that is large tribe. To stop them we must act quickly and hit with wide area spell, a fireball from each of us will nearly fill the room with flame..... Sirene your spells seem to hit wider, can you take out that large Chief and his guards toward the back of the room?...... Weaver hit those to the left,……. I’ll hit those to the right and Aliya if you are well enough cast on those to the front and in the middle…….. The fighter can rush in after the blasts and take those missed by the fire, so step aside after you cast to let them through. …..Cor, rally the fighter so you move after the fireball settles.... Valene, you, Amara and Rayne guard our backs and be ready to heal again…….Lets get this over with.”

Pumped with his fresh healing energy the Halfling lead Mages back to the door and stepped inside to the right-hand, casting as he entered. Thinking to himself,"The Fireball should cover about a forty foot diameter area," so he picked a densely packed area of Goblins about 80 feet into the room and centering so edge of the ball would catch those clear to the edge of the horde. He hope the other would follow suit.



Posted on 2013-09-06 at 03:11:02.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Don't be late to the BBQ

“ The fighter can rush in after the blasts and take those missed by the fire, so step aside after you cast to let them through. …..Cor, rally the fighter so you move after the fireball settles.... “
Lady Jessica smiled behind her helm; Ulthok was alright, it was obvious from him being up and already planning how best to use the magic to combat the enemy. She couldn’t see into the room but saw people moving towards the open door where the Goblins had come and it sounded like there were still a lot of them to deal with. Nasty little things! Like cockroaches they breed indiscriminately and spread their filth where they were not wanted. Time to wipe out a few more of the vermin.

With one last look up the passage where they had been headed to make sure nothing was coming from that direction; she rose and hefted her sword and shield and fell in with Cor and Bareel to rushed back to the others and as soon as the casters had let off their spells as directed by Ulthok, she was would rush in front to protect them and cut down any that had gotten through the deadly barrage.

(OOC: She will move up behind the group and delay her movement slightly so they can finish casting and then step in front and form a protective phalanx with the other fighters and attack any goblins that get within reach. )



Posted on 2013-09-06 at 10:47:02.
Edited on 2013-09-06 at 10:55:10 by Teller of Aryn

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Let's go!

After Cor's successful healing, he was fairly pleases about the effectiveness, he carried Aliya towards the group. It would be good to have her near her allies; in would help in case anything happened.

" you'd think i'd been playing soldier to long. loosing my sword and diving for it... " Alyia closed her eyes and frowned. "thank you Master Cor, I am deeply indebted to you."

" You're not in my debt. We're a team, and helping each other is what we do." Cor grinned and stood back up.

“ I’ve seen through Peri that that is large tribe. To stop them we must act quickly and hit with wide area spell, a fireball from each of us will nearly fill the room with flame..... Sirene your spells seem to hit wider, can you take out that large Chief and his guards toward the back of the room?...... Weaver hit those to the left,……. I’ll hit those to the right and Aliya if you are well enough cast on those to the front and in the middle…….. The fighter can rush in after the blasts and take those missed by the fire, so step aside after you cast to let them through. …..Cor, rally the fighter so you move after the fireball settles.... Valene, you, Amara and Rayne guard our backs and be ready to heal again…….Lets get this over with.” Ultok ordered.

Cor looked up. Confident that Ultok's plan was going to work, as there was no time for a careful plan, Cor jumped up. Alright guys, you heard him. Fighters!, Prepare! After the casters finish there spells, we go. Hefting his axe, and getting out of Bareel's way, Cor stood behind the casters. As soon as they blasted, and the room cleared, Cor would charge in. "These goblins won't stand a chance," Cor sneered.

(OOC: Cor will wait until the room clears of the blast, then advance in. He'll focus on preventing any goblins from getting to the casters)


Posted on 2013-09-06 at 22:26:50.
Edited on 2013-09-07 at 02:17:47 by SirSadaar

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Why one does what one does

Weaver could sense the small Peri was close. As the room came into view and the fog of frost cleared all came into view to Weaver and his small winged companion. Weaver began to whisper, ‘Peri tell Master Ulthok and the others I am a lucky man to have walked in the companionship of such noble folk. I will hold off this horde with my last breath.’ With those words Weaver slipped his sword and dagger away, ‘Peri go from this room. I will secure the door behind you as battle permits.’

Not waiting to see Weaver stepped to his left. If he is fired upon he does not want any missed arrows to fly past him and into the open doorway. As he does this he can hear the Master of Shadows yelling something to the others but it does not move to the front of his thoughts. Those words are fallowed with Cor’s. Weaver knows not what is happening behind him but this way will not fall without much blood. With ancient arcane words the powers begin to manifest themselves into a small ball and with one last word and the flowing grace of dry grasses playing a summer breeze a blast of fire rips into the horde of mother less beasts. The left flank of the horde is now engulfed in a scorching blast.

OOC; Weaver is casting Fireball and is well versed in the use of such a spell. He will place the center of the blast 6ft from the ground. See page 244 of the QA thread to see the left blast placement on the map.


Posted on 2013-09-07 at 21:48:43.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


ohh fire!

Alyia rallied as cor and ulthok called out to the party. gritting her teeth she got to her feet, she was relieved as her legs were firm beneath her as she felt her strength flow back to her as every second passed.

as everyone moved into position alyia followed suit. focusing her will and pulling the components for the spell from her spell pouch. she cast the incantation an flared a fireball roaring to life and following ulthoks' direction into the room of goblins. out of all the elemental casts she couldn't help but enjoy the fire as it crackled roared and danced.

hefting her sword she moved to stand near cor and wait for the battle to begin again...


Posted on 2013-09-07 at 23:29:32.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1224 Posts


The Flame of Retribution

For every mountain they climbed, a new peak arose in the distance. Frozen goblin corpses littered the hallway, yet beyond the doorway a massive horde of the little vermin had gathered. The vile beasts crawled on top of one another ready to swarm through the doorway, and among their brood stood a goblin behemoth grinning with arrogant assurance.

Filled with disgust, the copper skinned elf moved closer to the doorway to join the other spell throwers. With a wailing incantation and a flurry of gestures, Siréne drew forth the burning power of retribution and hurled into the sea of goblins. A white, searing conflagration arose followed by a chorus of goblin death screams as the white flame consumed them.

((OOC: Cast Fireball, aiming for the lord-god-king goblin per Ody's map))


Posted on 2013-09-08 at 04:42:39.

SilentOne
RDI Poet - 1.5 Innma
Karma: 37/5
644 Posts


short..

As the rest of the party moved closer to the doorway and began to cast their spells Amara stayed where she was keeping an eye on the hallway. Ready to heal again as needed she was happy to see her sister up and moving once more. Standing up she kept watching the stairs and hallway ready to help.


Posted on 2013-09-08 at 06:28:48.

Kriea
postima prolifica
Karma: 74/7
691 Posts


Ready

As everyone else moved forward to engage the goblin hoard in battle Valene whispered an almost silent prayer for the safety of her companions. She had become genuinely fond of so many of them.

With that done she readied her weapons and steeled herself, eagle eyes watching the hallway and listening intently for anything approaching. The image of Ulthok falling was sealed in her mind and even though she knew she had the power to help her friends if needed, she would rather not see damage that painful for a long time.


Posted on 2013-09-08 at 14:00:19.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Alert...

Rayne had been on the stairwell to help their fallen comrade and decided to keep behind the rest as a sentinel to warn against any possible traps. They had already destroyed the abnormally large Orcs, and now they were facing super sized goblins in masses.

Keeping a look out towards the fallen orcs to ensure nothing else came out from behind them, and also over her other shoulder to the top of the stairs. Calmly she would turn her gaze between the stairs, her companions and the other end of the hall.

If anyone got hurt, she would be a first responder with one of her healing spells. Her faithful bow in hand arrow loaded ready to shoot if the need arose.

(She will shoot her bow if she sees somebody coming up the hall, down the stairs, or too close to a companion.)


Posted on 2013-09-08 at 15:35:00.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Battle's End

With the giant Orcs dead as well as the first 50 Goblins a round of healing was seemingly God granted. Then it was over and the battle was renewed and Ulthok knew what was needed now.

“I’ve seen through Peri that that is large tribe. To stop them we must act quickly and hit with wide area spell, a fireball from each of us will nearly fill the room with flame..... Sirene your spells seem to hit wider, can you take out that large Chief and his guards toward the back of the room?...... Weaver hit those to the left,……. I’ll hit those to the right and Aliya if you are well enough cast on those to the front and in the middle…….. The fighter can rush in after the blasts and take those missed by the fire, so step aside after you cast to let them through. …..Cor, rally the fighter so you move after the fireball settles.... Valene, you, Amara and Rayne guard our backs and be ready to heal again…….Lets get this over with.”
And with that the wheels for this round of combat were moving and the first to roll was the Bard Ranger Weaver. Words mouthed, hand raised forward, and the first of 4 Fireballs was launched into the left side of the room. Within seconds Weaver’s Fireball was followed by one from Ulthok, Ayila’s, and Sirene. The four explosions almost simultaneous they seemed to appear as one as they landed within the Goblin horde charging the door. The result for the Goblins was devastating as most died in those few seconds, or were wounded, or were left confused and unsure of what to do. The most important of the Fireballs, Sirene’s, had done it’s job quite well killing the mutated Goblin and his bodyguards along with the rest.

Then it was the turn of the 3 fighters as Paladin, followed by Berserker, followed by Fighter, charged into the room and easily finished off the last of the few Goblins remaining. After a few moments the 3 melee specialists were followed by Weaver, Cor, Sirene and Aliya while Valene, Rayne and Amara remained in the hallway to keep watch.

As seven of the eleven party members gazed upon the still smoking Goblin bodies they could hear the grunts and children type cry’s coming from the rear of the room. Investigating they found a small Goblin village of a single wood hut and a large common area. This area the party could see was now crowded with over 300 females and at least 400 small Goblin children all cowing in fear, the males of the tribe all dead............

(DM OOC: Ok my post for this week, good job with the fireballs, but what do you do with the remaining Goblin families?
Remember time is not your friend. Next post Next Sunday.)


Posted on 2013-09-09 at 04:58:59.
Edited on 2013-09-09 at 05:05:41 by TannTalas

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Battle done, we hope.

Lady Jessica lowered her sword after the last of the remaining Goblins were down and looked around as the smoke from the fire cleared. She heard crying and screams in the back of the cavern and when she saw what was causing the cries she felt her heart drop a bit.

Children, and females; non-combatants for the most part. Taking a couple of steps forward she raised her voice so it would carry to those in the back of the chamber.

“DO NOT ATTACK OR RESIST! WE DO NOT MEAN YOU HARM! WE ONLY DEFENDED OURSELVES AND IF YOU DO NOT RESIST US THEN YOU WILL SURVIVE!” She shouted in Goblin thanks to her Magical Helm.

She didn’t know if they understood her, but she hoped they would not be stupid enough to attack them and die like their men. Turning to look at the rest of the party she spoke to them, letting them know her thoughts.

“We have to secure this area, and then find a way to make sure they can‘t follow us or alert others,” she let her voice’s tone carry the conviction of her words, “If they don’t attack us then I will not allow these children and females to be slaughtered.”

(OOC: Jessica has no problem killing Goblins, but if these non-combatants remain just that then she will fight anyone who attempts to slaughter harmless females and children. Now we can search the area and find some way to lock them in this room, hopefully in short order, and then move on.)

(Edit: Forgot that Tann told me her helm would allow her to understand and speak Goblin; therefore what she spoke to the Goblins was in their native tongue)


Posted on 2013-09-10 at 23:08:42.
Edited on 2013-09-11 at 01:14:16 by Teller of Aryn

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.