The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Avatar of Cuteness Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Home coming

In a place far away where time holds no sway, a half-elf looks out over a field of green. Large, soft white clouds drift slowing across a blue sky. The air is filled with the sound of songbirds and the smell of lavender, for it is in bloom now. He smiles, ‘Oh brother how I do not envy you.’ The half-elf was in woodsman clothing but a gods symbol hung around his neck.

Movement from behind caught his attention. He turned and spoke without thought, ‘You are beautiful.’

It was then a Halfling sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, ‘I look as I did yesterday.’

‘No, our traveling companion has arrived,’ and the half-elf bowed low. ‘Welcome, my brother has told me of your coming.’ The halfling jumped up and brushed the grass from his clothing and ran his fingers through his hair to make himself more presentable, he then smiled and also bowed low.

The companion was a young she elf. Long flowing green gown covered her and a soft glow went with her. ‘I do not understand,’ she looked down at her feet then up to her hands. ‘Where is this place?’

‘This is a place that is not there nor is it here. You will walk with us for a while. After sometime here among the fields and the wood we will take you to the place of your forefathers.’ The half-elf smiled and pointed out toward the west. ‘There you will see those you have not in a long time. You will meet those who you only know about in song.’

The Halfling smiled, ‘It will be a home coming of dancing and feasting.’ He rubbed his belly and wiggled his toes. The three laughed as if they had known one another from childhood.

‘Let us go to the stream down there and take our ease for a while. I wish to was my feet in the water.’ The lady smiled. The Halfling then took her hand and the two headed off toward the stream.
While the half-elf fallowed a short distance behind, ‘Worry no more brother, we will see her safely to the home of her forefathers.’

Back in a cold stone room surrounded by death Weaver stood back as the Ladies Aliye, a grieving sister took some comfort, how ever little from her to friends. The lady Sirene a Druid and the lady Rayne a Cleric. All having ties to the Elf blood, they did what they could to honor the fallen. As the ladies finished and moved off to join the others Weaver fallowed a short distance behind, ‘I fear not brother, I will do what I may to see these back safely to their homes.’


Posted on 2013-09-28 at 17:30:42.

Kriea
postima prolifica
Karma: 74/7
691 Posts


Fallen but not Forgotten

Valene would be the first to admit that she had no place among the mourners. She stayed away from the rest of the group, watching the proceedings, at a loss for words. Normally a death was something she could handle. Where she came from death was accompanied by a celebration of the person's life.There could be no celebration here, no making light of the tragedy.

"May you find your rest far from this hellish place," she whispered, then nodded to the other halfling.


"I'm not letting you out of my sight," she informed Ulthok as she followed him into the other room, the onyx dog on her heels. "You've scared me enough for one day, don't you think?"

Once in the other room she assisted Ulthok in gathering arrows from the dead orcs, looting and checking each body over for any abnormalities besides size.


Posted on 2013-09-28 at 17:34:50.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


funeral rights

Alyia watched Weaver remove the goblin corpses from around Amara's remains. Weaver offered to place a small crude flute with amara's remains, Alyia smiled softly at him. he held the tiny flute with such reverence, she surmised it held some value to him.

"if you so wish, please do so. master weaver. if the situation were different i'd warrant you play a melody in its stead, may-hap if you wish to play one later in her memory. " Alyia smiled softly at weaver glad at the small but grand gesture.

"Aliya" Sirene spoke her name softly. Aliya turned and followed the priestess. Alyia hoped that the fire and ceremonial would give her a sense of closure, a sense of finality.

Lady Jessica walked up to Alyia, seemingly at a loss herself. Lady Jessica managed a stammered 'I'm sorry.' then about fled the room. Alyia frowned slightly, wishing their were something more she could do.

Sirene's voice pulled Alyia from her muddling.
"If you wish to keep something to remember Amara, take it now, for the fires will leave nothing but ash." Sirene spoke softly.

Alyia nodded and pulled the small bottle from within her tunic, the small object wrapped within.

Alyia sighed a small sad sound aloud."Thank you priestess." Alyia stopped herself and looked up at Sirene. "No." Alyia mumbled to herself. "Thank you Sirene. you do both my sister and I a great honor at this time. I'am greatly indebted to you." Alyia took solace from the serenity of Sirene's calm features.

Ulthok spoke next, Alyia bristled slightly. the thought of rifling through Amera, let alone taking her belongings seemed somehow wrong. but Alyia had been an adventurer long enough that she could put aside those rash feelings and allow the items to be gathered.

"yes." Alyia all but whispered her voice cutting slightly. "thank you master Ulthok, for the reminder." Alyia turned to Rayne. "i'm sorry to ask this also of you. but i feel it would be best if Amera's items were gathered by you. may your supplications put her at ease."

As Alyia took the belongings from Rayne, she looked about most of the party had left the room.

Alyia stood and watched as Rayne and Sirene preformed the ritual and ceremony. the heat of the flames did little to hide the unbidden tears which streaked Alyia's face, yet inside they hardened her heart and conviction.

she was of little power, this campaign had shown her that early on. she would see this witch queen an make her bleed for every tear she had shed for her sister.


Posted on 2013-09-29 at 01:19:32.
Edited on 2013-09-29 at 05:35:34 by Astrid

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Not Worthy!

Cor walked up beside her, and murmured, " It's not your fault you know. I made the same decision as you did."

Stepping up Ulthok spoke,“Listen to him My Lady, he may grumble at times but now he speaks true. None of the party could have guessed at Amara's not understanding of how dangerous the little goblins are and therefore could have prevented the event. You have lived by your good works and if the High Knight's Cleric feels you are without guilt then you are without guilt...... So get over your doubt, pray for strength and guidance.” Turning to Cor he spoke, “In order to fulfill her mission, protect her allies and save the good people of Trilogy she needs the best equipment available.....Do you not think it is time for her and accept her fate to carry the sword that has protected this party for so long?” Ulthok nodded toward the sack where Cor carried the weapon left behind when Conall joined his ancestors.


Lady Jessica turned and looked down at the two shorter gentlemen; she has learned to respect these two men in the short time she has been with the group. The Knight Cleric has shown himself a man of honor and great wisdom; the halfling Thief/Mage, while short on stature, has not been short on wisdom or bravery.

“Gentlemen,” she said as she straightened herself and faced them squarely, “I was the one that spoke up and insisted on treating the female and young goblins as non-combatants. It was I who stood watch as others searched the area. It was I who should have kept a better watch and not allowed Amara to come to harm.”

She paused and took a deep breath to steady the emotion that was threatening to come into her voice, “Yes, Ulthok, I will pray to Athena for strength and guidance and seek forgiveness for my failures. I pray she will agree with your assessment and see fit to allow me to serve her.”

The Paladin turned her gaze to the Knight Cleric and spoke, “I do not know what sword you speak of, but I am not worthy of anything at this point. Not until my Goddess Athena has shown me that I am worthy of continued service.”



Posted on 2013-09-29 at 19:40:18.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


No Time For Self Pity.............

“I do not know what sword you speak of, but I am not worthy of anything at this point. Not until my Goddess Athena has shown me that I am worthy of continued service.” The mage had turned to attend to business but stopped when he heard the Paladins words.

It was MY warning that was ignored. …… Sad as it is but the fate of the Elve was in her hands, not yours...... Your path to protect the innocent was never diverted. Amara was not an innocent, she would never have been picked to be with us if she were. It was not your place to protect her from herself, she chose to ignore my warning. It is your place to step up in battle so if your goddess does not admonish you for wallowing in self pity then I will.” The mage took a stern pose and then shook his finger at her. “If I anger you……..then be angry with me…not yourself. You are true to your cause,…… your instincts were correct… and I place my trust……. and my life in your skills…… in your sword. So if Cor believes you have earned a better sword….. then do your best to prove you can wield it and protect us from that that would dare to stop us."



Posted on 2013-09-29 at 21:12:56.
Edited on 2013-09-29 at 23:33:26 by Odyson

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


What are we doing?

Weaver heard the raised voices in the hall. He placed his hand on the back of one of the Ladies and spoke with urgency, ‘Ladies if you will hurry behind me I fear the hall holds a need for soft words or a sharp blade.’ As he moves by them he glances back and with a smile, ‘Let us hope not both.’

As Weaver and the Ladies enter the hall, it is soon they get the gist of the conversation. Weaver quickly thought it best to keep out of this one. Only a fool would put themselves between the Lady Jessica, Sir Cor, and Master Ulthok. Weaver chooses to steps back and just keeps watch. As he does so he quickly gives a soft prayer to the Gods to sway the Lady Jessica's feelings and show her it was the Fates that took this life and not a lack of action on her part.


Posted on 2013-09-29 at 21:43:22.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Sword

Cor listened to Lady Jessica, though he did not agree. It was not her fault; Ultok even put some of the blame upon himself, in an attempt to assist Cor in giving Lady Jessica the Holy Avenger. Cor too had decided not to kill the 'innocent' goblins, though he would never use the word on the beasts again. It had been his fault as hers. There was no way that Lady Jessica could expect to watch over the whole party at all times.

“It was MY warning that was ignored. …… Sad as it is but the fate of the Elve was in her hands, not yours...... Your path to protect the innocent was never diverted. Amara was not an innocent, she would never have been picked to be with us if she were. It was not your place to protect her from herself, she chose to ignore my warning. It is your place to step up in battle so if your goddess does not admonish you for wallowing in self pity then I will.” The mage took a stern pose and then shook his finger at her. “If I anger you……..then be angry with me…not yourself. You are true to your cause,…… your instincts were correct… and I place my trust……. and my life in your skills…… in your sword. So if Cor believes you have earned a better sword….. then do your best to prove you can wield it and protect us from that that would dare to stop us."
Cor added, " I do believe you are worthy, Lady Jessica. I have trained many Paladins over the years, and have fought with many good ones. You are above them. You and Conall are the two finest Paladins I have ever been into combat with, perhaps the finest in all of Trilogy." Cor began to draw the Holy Avenger from his backpack. He placed it on the flats of his palms. " I ask you to take this, not only to pass on Conall's legacy, but so you can avenge Amara as well!" Cor proclaimed, raising the sword in his hands. "You are a paladin of Athena! Show the witch quenn what you can do!"


Posted on 2013-10-01 at 02:12:47.
Edited on 2013-10-01 at 02:14:52 by SirSadaar

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Acceptance

“It was MY warning that was ignored. …… Sad as it is but the fate of the Elve was in her hands, not yours...... Your path to protect the innocent was never diverted. Amara was not an innocent, she would never have been picked to be with us if she were. It was not your place to protect her from herself, she chose to ignore my warning. It is your place to step up in battle so if your goddess does not admonish you for wallowing in self pity then I will.” The mage took a stern pose and then shook his finger at her. “If I anger you……..then be angry with me…not yourself. You are true to your cause,…… your instincts were correct… and I place my trust……. and my life in your skills…… in your sword. So if Cor believes you have earned a better sword….. then do your best to prove you can wield it and protect us from that that would dare to stop us."
Lady Jessica’s lips twitched slightly as they threatened to break into a smile at the sight of the Halfling reaching up his hand and shaking a finger in the face of the Paladin as she towered over him. In any other circumstance, Jessica would have burst out laughing at the sight but instead she slowly took a deep breath and let Ulthok have his say. Before she could retort, Cor stepped in with his own words.

" I do believe you are worthy, Lady Jessica. I have trained many Paladins over the years, and have fought with many good ones. You are above them. You and Conall are the two finest Paladins I have ever been into combat with, perhaps the finest in all of Trilogy."Cor began to draw the Holy Avenger from his backpack. He placed it on the flats of his palms. "I ask you to take this, not only to pass on Conall's legacy, but so you can avenge Amara as well!" Cor proclaimed, raising the sword in his hands. "You are a paladin of Athena! Show the witch queen what you can do!"
Lady Jessica was about to reject whatever Cor brought out to give her but when she looked at him and opened her mouth to speak her gaze fell upon the blade in his palms held up before her. Her mouth hung open as she gazed upon the magnificent sword; it seemed to glow in her sight even if no one else could see it. She felt a pull within her moving her to reach out to take the sword from his hands. She wanted to resist is; was it right? Was this blade meant for her? Only one way to find out.

Slowly, her hand came up to reach for it then stopped; she first removed her gauntlet on her right hand and then reached out again. Slowly she grasped the hilt and took it gently from Cor; holding the blade upright before her she looked at it. Slowly she went to one knee and taking the hilt in both hands with the blade before her face she closed her eyes and prayed.

Silently, the Paladin prayed to her Goddess Athena to show her if she was indeed worthy of this holy blade. She knew that she had done questionable things lately and possibly even failed in her duty to protect her companions; despite what Cor and Ulthok had said about it not being her fault. The ultimate answer to whether she had disappointed her Goddess was to come from on high. She prayed that she was worthy to wield this blade against the forces of evil here in this evil place.


A slow warm feeling began in her hands and spread up her arms and into her chest; her breath caught in her breast as she felt the answer to her prayers. This sword was indeed a Holy Avenger, a sword of the Gods granted to their Holy Warriors to deal out justice to evildoers. The warmth she felt was acceptance of the sword of her control; the granting of that acceptance could only come from her Goddess Athena. No Paladin gained a Holy Avenger without the blessing of their deity, and she felt that approval in her soul. Surely she had not disappointed Athena if she was granting her this blade.

She opened her eyes and gazed up with a smile on her face as she rose to her feet; looking skyward she said softly, “I will not fail you!”

She turned to the others and nodded at Cor, “I will accept this blade to fight evil,” she glanced at the Halfling with a faint smile on her lips, “and to appease Master Ulthok of course.”

She would replace her sword with the Holy Avenger and store her old blade away in her things for now. Hefting her new ‘Slayer of Evil’, she followed along the others as they cleared the passage and checked out the other doorways. She felt something else along with the acceptance of the Holy blade; there was something more important here, something momentous. She felt a great evil here that they just had to succeed in defeating otherwise there would be grave consequences.

(Ok, that is done. I spoke to Tann and he agreed that she would feel acceptance of the sword. So now we can move on to more important things. )


Posted on 2013-10-01 at 13:39:40.

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


Respect for the Dead

As Rayne stood watch as the others talked she remained quiet not wishing to interrupt the discussion. However when Astrid asked her to gather her sisters things she nodded her head and knelt down beside the Amara‘s body. Whispering an Elvin prayer to the female druid she began to do so.

“In death may you show the strength you showed in life. Rest well”

Wrapping the items in a large blanket she handed them to Cor to place in his bag of holding.


Posted on 2013-10-05 at 22:03:18.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1226 Posts


A song of pyres

The enchantress turned her head aside as Rayne began to collect Amara's belongings. It was a distasteful thing, under any normal circumstance she would not have tolerated it, not in the least. Yet these were not normal circumstances, and it was necessary. There was no way of know what they would face in this forsaken fortress, those magical tools Amara had possessed would be needed by all. Even she, a priestess of the Old Religion, would not cast aside their necessity. At the very least Rayne would ensure that the deed was done with the utmost respect, honoring the elven life that had passed.

Watching the other elven women bring the cache to Cor, Siréne began to move towards the remains. It was time to begin her part in all this.

"Thank you, Siréne. You do both my sister and I a great honor at this time. I am greatly indebted to you," Aliya spoke as she wrapped a small object. Her eyes were still moist with pain.

Reaching out, the copper skinned elf laid a hand on Aliya's shoulder. "Speak nothing of debts, Aliya. You owe me nothing. It is my honor to guide her soul on toward eternity. When we leave this place, Amara's spirit will be home."

Siréne lingered for a moment, gazing into Aliya's teary eyes. She hoped than some bit of her own serenity would bring peace to the girl. Nodding her head slowly, the priestess turned and glided over to Amara's remains. In gathering the druid's things, Rayne had returned some semblance of order to the ravaged body. Soon only dust and memory would remain.

With slow deliberate motions, Siréne began sprinkling sacred herbs, incense, and a bit of oil onto the ground where Amara lay. As she moved, she began a quiet elven chant, pulling some of her own consciousness into the realms of the Great Goddess. Like the warmth of the summer sun, she could feel the Queen of Heaven filling her being. It was right to do this, it was what must be done. The slow choreographed motions of the ancient death ceremony took over. She was no longer Siréne, in this moment she was a voice of the Queen of Heaven and it was her calling to send this fallen sister home.

Coming to a pause in her chanting, the elven priestess drew forth magical power from the divine warm that filled her. In a few short breaths sacred flame engulfed Amara's body. As the flames danced before her, Siréne lifted her hands into the air and threw her head back releasing an unearthly, wordless wail. There she stood, in sacred stance and song until the fires died.

The smoking ash hissed and cracked as it cooled. In the sacred groves of her homeland a rite such as this would have taken days and then the ashes would have been released into the wind under a starry sky. But they were not in E'Loth Lorian. In the end it was the intent that mattered, and not the strictures of tradition. The Goddess would see this child home. Siréne kissed the ring at her finger and then held out her hand before her. A trickle of will sent a tingle into the ring, and then a rush of wind swirled outward, spinning the ash into the air.

Siréne turned, and walked slowly toward Aliya. Bowing her head the priestess spoke in cool, serene tones.

"It is done. She has danced with the flames into the embrace of heaven. She is home." Reaching out the priestess again laid a hand on the girl's shoulder. "And she will always be with you."

Standing there she watched Aliya, waiting until the half-elven warrior was ready to leave. Once the girl left the room Siréne spared a final glance behind her before joined the others in the hallway. It was time they made they way onward.


((OOC: She is using Produce Flame to spark the funeral fire and Gust of Wind from the Ring of Elemental Command. Considering this isn't combat she'll be taking any necessary precautions.))


Posted on 2013-10-06 at 02:03:17.
Edited on 2013-10-06 at 02:06:11 by Nimu

Brundel
Resident
Karma: 18/0
207 Posts


A Foreign Ritual

A sea of green bodies surrounded Lothor. Blood run through his feet and was splattered across his clothes. He had ended countless lives and a feeling of numbness overcame him. He had killed infants, children and females he tried to tell himself that it was self-defence but the sheer gruesomeness overwhelmed him.

Lothor noticed that the others were consoling one another over the death of their comrade. It seemed a competition of who was at fault, each one of them trying to take the blame in order to help the others. Lothor did not want to get involved, he could barely stand. He felt giddy, sick. He crouched down onto his haunches and wiped his blood-stained sword on the jerkin of a goblin child. Afterwards he stood up and sheathed his sword and watched, arms folded, as Rayne collected Amara’s spilt belongings.

He dare not help her or get involved with the rights of the elven dead. Lothor had heard about strange and deep rituals in the elven kin and he had heard stories that had shocked him of people who had interfered with the detailed ritual.

Once Amara was positioned in the correct way and her items collected Lothor respectfully left the room and went into the hallway with the others, allowing Amara’s sister to grieve alone, and say her goodbyes.


Posted on 2013-10-06 at 18:10:25.
Edited on 2013-10-06 at 18:11:09 by Brundel

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Moving forward

With half the party leaving the Goblin lair and the other half staying to lay Amara to rest. The old adage of never separate your force in enemy territory once more came into play. However, this time the party of adventurers were lucky as no new threat manifested itself. Within five short minutes, Amara had been sent to wherever Elves go to die in the proper respected Elvin way and the party was all together once more.

During this time as Amara was laid to rest Cor having decided days ago to give the Lady Jessica Conall’s Holy Avenger, its name having only been known to the male Paladin. The Dwarf Knight Cleric so far never having found the right time to present it, now clearly in Jessica’s feelings of guilt felt now was the right time to prove her worthy of it. If her goddess and the sword accepted her then she would see she was guilty of nothing.

The sword in her hand she went to one knee and quickly sent a prayer to Athena. Then as if pre-ordained the sword lit with a spark, its name was told to Jessica and the power of the sword flowed into and beyond her. The Holy sword, Holy warrior as one stood ready to meet the many foes yet lurking within these evil castle walls. The party now moved forward.

The party’s first stop, thieves out front, was the second of the three doors in this hallway. Approaching the door, they could easily see it was slightly ajar with flicking torch light within. After a quick search for traps, the party entered to find much the same set-up as the Goblin lair only in here instead of a hut was many larger then normal beds numbering close to three hundred easily. From the unclean nature of the room, it was clearly another barracks this time for the giant Orcs of the castle. A quick search by both Ulthok and Valene turned up little of use and so the party moved on.

30 feet before the third door, they came to a hallway branching off to the West from the present one. Deciding not to leave an unchecked door behind them, they made their way to its front. From here, they could see that the hallway continued north into darkness. Once more, a quick check for traps produced nothing and with Barreel in the lead this time they entered to find a room lit by dozens of torches, the room except for ten beds and a large mirror empty.

By large the mirror was easily 30 feet long side to side and a good 20 feet tall, large enough and high enough to fit eight out of the eleven party members in full profile. Even from the doorway of the room Sirene, Ulthok, and Weaver could feel the magic nature of it though none of the three could tell the type this far away. From Ulthok’s shoulder Peri darted up into the air and made for the mirror hovering just above it. Looking back to Ulthok, she held his gaze for a minute then moved to fly the length of the mirror with no sign of anything happening. With this action triggering nothing, the little Faerie dragon landed upon the wood of the mirror and waited for the rest of the party to join her.

(DM OOC: Ok here is is this weeks post. You are just inside a room as big as the first two very clean, almost spotless. However It does look heavily used though there is nothing to give any indication as to by who or what. Next, post next Sunday the 13th, oh man glad that’s not a Friday .

Also great posts everyone I enjoyed reading each of them and the next time you want me to skip a weekly post for RP let me know)


Posted on 2013-10-07 at 03:51:23.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


Mirror, mirror Oh So Big......

Carefully checking for traps the party entered the third room to find it lit by dozens of torches; the room except for ten beds and a large mirror empty. . However It did look heavily used though there is nothing to give any indication as to by who or what.

The mirrir was large enough and high enough to fit eight out of the eleven party members in full profile. From the doorway of the room the mages could feel the magic nature of it though none could tell the type this far away. Curiosity getting the better of Peri darted up into the air and made for the mirror hovering just above it. “Peri…be careful the mirror is magic and may be a trap.” Ulthok sent to his familiar.
Looking back to Ulthok, she held his gaze for a minute then moved to fly the length of the mirror with no sign of anything happening. With this action triggering nothing, the little Faerie dragon landed upon the wood of the mirror and waited for the rest of the party to join her.” It is magic; I know this magic and the mirror itself is not harmful. It may be some sort of doorway or passage I’m not 100% sure. Just be careful yourself it may allow travel both ways.”

Ulthok turned to his companions.”Peri believes the mirror is a passageway. The mirror itself is not harmful but if it worked both ways anything could come through at any time. If we want to check it further we must be careful and quick.”


Posted on 2013-10-07 at 17:30:31.
Edited on 2013-10-07 at 17:32:32 by Odyson

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Magic Mirror

Cor followed the thieves into the second room, after giving Lady Jessica the holy Avenger. It was good to have finally put Conall's legacy to good use; his sword sitting idle in Cor's bag of holding was not the best use of it.

The second room was just a quick search, with nothing turned up. Cor assumed this was the orc's room, as it was their size, and a horrible mess. With nothing of note found, the party moved on to the next room.

This room was similar to the other rooms, except for one huge difference: a giant mirror. Cor was exactly unsure of why some one needed such a giant mirror.

Ulthok turned to his companions.”Peri believes the mirror is a passageway. The mirror itself is not harmful but if it worked both ways anything could come through at any time. If we want to check it further we must be careful and quick.”
That changed things. "I would also like to know that. If this could be used as a way to get to us from behind, I'd like to know in advance. We could insert something through it than pull it back." Cor suggested. He knew a big problem with that was whoever was on the other side could see it. That being said, it was best to know if they would be attacked because someone went through the mirror.



Posted on 2013-10-07 at 23:03:49.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


Tempus Fugit

By large the mirror was easily 30 feet long side to side and a good 20 feet tall, large enough and high enough to fit eight out of the eleven party members in full profile. Even from the doorway of the room Sirene, Ulthok, and Weaver could feel the magic nature of it though none of the three could tell the type this far away. From Ulthok’s shoulder Peri darted up into the air and made for the mirror hovering just above it. Looking back to Ulthok, she held his gaze for a minute then moved to fly the length of the mirror with no sign of anything happening. With this action triggering nothing, the little Faerie dragon landed upon the wood of the mirror and waited for the rest of the party to join her.

Ulthok turned to his companions.”Peri believes the mirror is a passageway. The mirror itself is not harmful but if it worked both ways anything could come through at any time. If we want to check it further we must be careful and quick.”

That changed things. "I would also like to know that. If this could be used as a way to get to us from behind, I'd like to know in advance. We could insert something through it than pull it back." Cor suggested. He knew a big problem with that was whoever was on the other side could see it. That being said, it was best to know if they would be attacked because someone went through the mirror.

Lady Jessica peered into the room from the doorway; she wasn’t a mage and therefore couldn’t sense the mirror was magical but she didn’t like the look of one so large. It had a purpose other than vanity that was for sure.

“I do not like it!” She voiced her opinion as she gripped her new sword in her hand, her shield in the other, “It could be used for transportation it is true, but it could also pull in the unwary who allow their reflection to be cast within it.”

She recalled once in her past, a magical mirror, although more normal in size, which when the person gazed into it a pair of hands reached out and attempted to drag them into it. She didn’t know where that mirror had led, or where this one might lead but she didn’t trust it.

“I say,” she went on after a few moments, “unless our objective is this mirror that we need to move on and find what it is we seek. I also wouldn’t worry too much about leaving anyone behind us, the first intersection of passages we past will leave our backs open to attack. We should press on; I fear we have little time to dally.” She didn’t know what it was, if it was her new sword or what, but she felt a need to get to their objective; this evil had to be stopped.



Posted on 2013-10-09 at 15:48:42.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.