The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3963 registered users. Our newest member is Amino.
Online members: SilentOne, Schnozzle
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Grugg)Last Chance Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


Mirrors are bad!

Rayne watched and listened to the party discuss the mirror, she had to agree with the paladin.

“Why don’t we just leave it alone? I still remember the last time we dealt with mirrors, we ended up with a number of friends sucked in and ended up with an evilly possessed Cor. As Jessica says this is a castle with many passages there is no way not to have something behind us at all times”

Rayne was very ready not to relive that time at all.


Posted on 2013-10-10 at 21:29:20.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


I hate mirrors

Weaver noticed the mirror. ‘I know I hate those!’ he whispered to himself. He moved toward the back of the group and waited to see what the others opt to do.


Posted on 2013-10-12 at 20:53:23.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


Over Easy..............

Memory flashed back to last time the party encountered magic mirrors; it made Ulthok pause and cast a warning, “Let’s not get too close, the last mirrors we encountered only caused us trouble…… this looks like a portal,…. see how warn the floor is in front……..It could open at any time to bring in more evil troops.” Looking back to the group, “Does anyone have a spell ready that might allow us to just lay it over and deny them access?” Having steeled herself from the grief of losing her sister Aliya stepped forward.

Hearing Ulthok’s request Peri left her perch and fluttered back to Ulthok’s shoulder, she had some ideas of her own about closing the portal. “Wouldn't it be fun to have those troops take a mud bath?” she giggled.

Chuckling Ulthok mused," Yes it would be a deserved surprise, but save that spell we may need it later."


Posted on 2013-10-13 at 18:31:59.
Edited on 2013-10-13 at 19:03:16 by Odyson

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


mirror mirror ... belch...

Aliya listened to the murmured talk of the group, most of the census had been to either levitate the mirror and lay it face down or simply sink it into the floor.

Aliya shrugged and skirted the mirror grabbing a blanket off of one of the beds. poking weaver in the ribs.
"give me a hand eh?" she held the blanket up, and pointed at the mirror.

skirting the mirror once more Alyia tossed the blanket over the mirror. casting levitate on the mirror Alyia gripped the mirror frame through the blanket and gently guided the floating to the ground.

she grinned at weaver across the mirror back who had a pained expression on his face.

"lets get us all out of here!" she whispered at weaver and bolted with a chuckle running back towards the group.


Posted on 2013-10-13 at 19:35:34.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Ouch...

Weaver felt the jab in his ribs, ‘What?’ he whispered. He was unaccustomed of people touching him. Shoot he was unaccustomed of people even wanting to be close to him. He rubbed his ribs.

Weaver fallowed Aliya’s lead and too grabbed a blanket. It was as if two school children were setting up an after class prank. ‘Lets get us all out of here!’ Aliya whispered to Weaver. The two slipped back to the group.

‘You know we may have to use that to get ourselves out of here.’ Weaver smiled as he whispered back to the Lady Aliya.


Posted on 2013-10-13 at 20:06:34.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Hi Ho Hi Ho off to the South you go.

The party, for most of its members, had no love for mirrors thanks to the events of Drow Mountain. As such, the general consensus was to cover it with a bed blanket, levitate it, and lower it facedown on the floor. Aliya being the only Mage of the party with Levitate memorized it fell to her to carry out the party plan. Throwing a pair of said bed blankets over the glass face she easily cast her spell, raising the large mirror off the floor. Then with Weavers help, the Half-Elf making sure to only touch it on a blanket-covered area, she and the Ranger/Bard positioned it facedown and as he kept it steady, she lowered it to rest on the floor.

With this completed the party not taking time to search the room closed the door and made their way South once more and down a set of steps the same as they had minutes before come up. Upon reaching the next floor they could see twenty feet ahead that the South bound hallway ended, splitting into a new hallway running only East and West. Reaching the spilt, the party could see to the West sixty to eighty feet away the hallway ended at a series of three doors. The first of these three doors was on the North wall of the hallway, the second directly across from it to the South, the hallway ending at the third twenty feet beyond to the West.

To the East thirty feet away the party could see a second hallway once again opened to the South. Beyond this new hallway, roughly fifty feet eastward, the party could just make out the possibility of yet another spilt. The hallway at that split now offering three new ways to go, to the North, to the South, and continuing to the East. As the party stood and pondered which way to go, the sounds of battle began to reach them. The clash of weapons, the clang of struck armor, the yells of pain and dying, all echoed within these castle halls.

(DM OOC: Ok my post for this week and once more yet, another series of choices, you the party must make. East or West, North or South, doors one two or three. The choice is yours my players so have fun. Ok my last post before my Son comes to Texas will be next Sunday the 20th, I may try to get a post in on the 27th as we will still be in Texas however that depends on what trouble we get into. After that, he and I are headed to Lafayette & New Orleans LA for the weekend of the 1st to 3rd of Nov and the next weekend after that to Austin TX from the 8th to 10th of Nov. Then I will once more post on the 17th of Nov. Ok players up and Game on.)


Posted on 2013-10-14 at 07:06:40.
Edited on 2013-10-14 at 07:10:22 by TannTalas

Brundel
Resident
Karma: 18/0
207 Posts


Decisons, decisions

Lothor, along with the rest of the party, was in a sombre mood as he trudged through the corridor, checking the rooms as they walked past. One room in particular caught the party’s attention. It was not a dissimilar room to the others they had recently checked, however there was a large mirror hanging on one of the walls. Lothor caught his reflection in the glass and could not help but be drawn in by his rugged, tired look. The man looking back at him was not the same optimistic and fun-loving man that he had been before his capture by the giants of Drow Mountain. Now he was world-weary and worn out through months of worry and hard travel.

As talk turned to suspicion of the mirror Lothor quickly averted his gaze and shifted his eyes to the same worn and tired faces of the party. After each of the party members voiced their opinion it was decided that the mirror should be covered and lowered, face down upon the floor, though Lothor saw the act as largely pointless. Either way this mission was suicidal. Wasn’t it?
Once the mirror had been dealt with the party carried on down the hallway and found a series of steps leading to a split in the hallway. East or West? Lothor wanted to voice his opinion first.

“Let us not dally with our choice. We should decide quickly and stick with our decision.”

Battle sounds started to echo around the hallway but the sound seemed to come from all directions.

“I say we head west, though there is no real reasoning behind this choice.”


Posted on 2013-10-15 at 17:50:24.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


Follow The Leader...............

Ulthok felt at least a little better knowing that the mirror wasn’t in a position to bring more enemies into the castle. But he didn’t kid himself, that mirror can be set right just as easily as they had laid it over.
The group moved back into the hall once again following Cor’s first orders they headed south which led to another stairway, this time going back down. At the bottom they came to a cross hall. To the west lay a dead end with three doors, to the east appeared more halls turning off to the south again.
As they paused he heard Lothor ,“Let us not dally with our choice… We should decide quickly and stick with our decision………I say we head west, though there is no real reasoning behind this choice.”
Turning to Cor, “Well the choice is yours, which way does Odin say we should go?”



Posted on 2013-10-17 at 02:04:27.
Edited on 2013-10-19 at 02:15:35 by Odyson

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


Make a quick choice

“Let us not dally with our choice. We should decide quickly and stick with our decision. I say we head west, though there is no real reasoning behind this choice.”

Rayne listened as the first to state their thoughts, Lothor, did so she could not help but agree to his direction.

“I have to agree with Lothor as to heading West. We are seeking both a white queen and what runs this castle should we not be looking behind doors?”


Posted on 2013-10-19 at 01:46:27.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


Follow The Leader.........

The Dwarven Cleric looked at the Halfling and raised an eyebrow as if to say, ”Laddie, I’ve already given the direction!”

Ulthok looked back down the hall toward the doors, his curiosity spiked. He wanted to see what was behind those three doors but they needed to move along, the sounds of battle now rising around them. “Alrighty then, we continue down hall to south hallway.” Waving to Valene and Peri he continued searching for traps down the hall.


Posted on 2013-10-19 at 23:19:24.

Teller of Aryn
RDI Fixture
Karma: 21/1
509 Posts


South it is!

Lady Jessica studied the hallway and saw no means of determining if any path was different than another. She waited to see if anyone had an idea of which way they should go. After no one made a definitive direction, Cor seemed to suggest they continue down the Southern passage.

Listening, Jessica couldn't tell from which direction the sounds of battle were coming. She ached to join the battle but knew they were destined for a different path.

“Alrighty then, we continue down hall to south hallway.” Waving to Valene and Peri he continued searching for traps down the hall.
Ulthok took his direction from Cor and she followed closely behind the thieves who were checking for any traps. The Paladin gave them the space they needed to do their jobs, but she stood ready to leap to their aid if something sprang out at them. Her new sword held tightly in her hand, she felt a sense of almost invulnerability. She didn't know what drove this new found feeling, but she let it wash over her for now. She was eager to find their destination; comrades of theirs were dying out there to give them this chance and they couldn't waste it.



Posted on 2013-10-20 at 01:28:21.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1253 Posts


A Forked Path

They were at a crossroads. To the left, the hallway led to several doorways and to the right a passage leading yet deeper in the fortress depths. Without any hint or clue they were left to divine providence to find the right path. Once again they would all have to place trust in their gods and in one another.

Siréne stood silent as some among them offered suggestions on which path to follow. With either path being as good as the other, it would be up to the will of the Great Goddess to guide them. If faith was all they had, she would hold on tight.

And so, when the others began to move with Cor toward the southern pass, she followed.


Posted on 2013-10-20 at 16:14:13.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Foward!

Cor was glad when they left the mirror, even if it wasn't destroyed. He recalled what happened to him in the mountains, when he was possessed and killed a couple of his allies. He was glad nothing like that happened this time. The party left, continuing down the hall.

Once again, the party was met with another decision to make. Cor had hoped, even though he knew it was next to impossible, for a straight and easy route in to the Dragon Queen.

The party paused for a moment, deciding where to go. Cor heard a couple party wanting to go west. Cor knew exactly where he wanted to go: South. However, if everyone, or a majority, wanted to go west, then that was the best way to go. Good teamwork was better than himself making all the decisions.

“Well the choice is yours, which way does Odin say we should go?”
Cor raised his eyebrow. Ultok knew him well enough that he already knew were Cor wanted to go.

“Alrighty then, we continue down hall to south hallway.” Waving to Valene and Peri he continued searching for traps down the hall.
With that, the party began to move down the hall to the south. Cor wished they had had more time to plan and discuss. Too often, rushed decisions got people killed. But not rushing was not an option.

After heading south 70 yards, the party was confronted by a door. Stopping for a moment, Cor stood in front of the door. He turned towards the party. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm all for going through this door. What do you say?"


Posted on 2013-10-21 at 03:26:41.
Edited on 2013-10-21 at 03:33:04 by SirSadaar

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


A Deadly Door (This post is PG-15)

With Cor’s choice to continue heading South the party moved to that passageway and did so. Only to find that 70 yards down stood another wooden door as those they had seen to the West. With Ulthok and Valene to the party’s front checking for traps as they moved, they reached the door without trouble. A quick check by both thieves upon the door and as had been the case to this point declared it clear. Once more the party was faced with a choice of opening this door or back tracking and going another way. However this time Cor standing firm on his desire to continue moving South gave the ok to pass through it and so Ulthok proceeded to open it.

As the party entered this large 70 by 90 foot room they entered a world of unbelievable horror. For everywhere they looked the walls were covered in both dried and fresh blood. Shackles, spikes and crucified bodies of various races hung from the walls like husks of meat their insides empty. From the ceiling were hanging various instruments of torture, a crown of bloody nails, two cages full of spikes holding two bleeding bodies of an Elf and a Dwarf their blood red and pure draining into vats below them both by the slow movement of their chests still alive.

In the southeast corner stood three liquid filled tubes, floating within them three skinless humans with features matching that of the Black Robe mages. Another three tubes standing in the Southwest corner empty, three new Black Robes born and robed. As a scream of hellish pain cried out within the room the party’s attention was quickly drawn to two autopsy type tables in its center. On the first table was the living body of the female Elf Paladin from the castle’s courtyard, her intestines being withdrawn by a creature out of nightmares.

The creature, one of four, stood six feet tall with hideous mauve skin glistening with slime. The head resembling an octopus with four tentacles around its mouth, a round, many-toothed orifice like that of a lamprey. The eyes white with no pupils as if dead upon its octopi head, three reddish fingers and a thumb on each of its two hands. All four of the creatures dressed in flowing black robes with high stiff collars, adorned with symbols of death and despair.

As time seemed to slow the party watched as the first creature handed the Elf’s intestines to another of the same creatures. This one standing also in a group of four around the second table took the string of coiled body part and placed it within a skinless human body its facial features hidden. A wave of its hand and the body glowed. As the first creature turned back to the female Elf still screaming in pain, it saw the party for the first time. Without a word, seven of the eight creatures turned their bodies quickly to face the party and attacked!

As the party moved into the room ready to fight each was hit by seven cones of mental power slamming into their heads. The pain from these seven cones so intense each of the ten members staggered and almost stopped. However, this mental pain, except for three, stopped as quickly as it had begun and the rest continued into the room. The three in question, Rayne, Barreel and Valene stopped dead in their tracks, fell to the floor, followed quickly by both Peri and Niamedris, all five stunned!

The party this first round, for the moment down three members, found themselves facing seven octopi headed creatures, three Black Robes and an eighth octopi creature headed to a door to the East.

(DM OOC: Ok South is what you wanted South is what you got. This was the reason why I wanted to be sure you were going to go through the door, as I did not want to post that you did, as I knew what was waiting. Round one has started and first attacks went to the creatures as they won initiative but not the Black Robes as they lost it..

Barreel is stunned for 7 rounds Rayne is stunned for 5 rounds Valene is stunned for 4 rounds Peri and Niamedris are both stunned for 12 rounds or 1 turn/2 rounds as they took the full brunt of the attack with no defense due to their ability to speak mind to mind with their masters.
Everyone else is ok with no damage taken from the 7 mind blasts. As I said last week I will try to get a post up next Sunday the 27th but that really depends on how fast you post your actions and how many of you do so. If not I will let you know by Saturday if I will be unable to do so. If not then my next post will be as stated the 17th of November, either way think very careful on what your going to do in this room. Map by tomorrow afternoon.)

 photo 001_zps079fb4ef.jpg

OOPS I forgot to add a V for Valene. She is one of the three stunned green circles.


Posted on 2013-10-21 at 05:50:19.
Edited on 2013-10-21 at 20:02:13 by TannTalas

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


oh looked what i missed

Weave took little notice of the horrors of the walls, his gaze fell upon the beast that seemed to own this room, for now. As if his mind was thinking what is body had already done his bow was in his hands and arrows were sent into the first one he saw.

Occ: I#1 will be receiving my arrows this round. Oh and red does not make for a good color in such a room. I am thinking a light blue something a bit brighter.


Posted on 2013-11-02 at 07:58:57.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.