The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


A Prayer for the Dead and Dying.

With this fight over and a brief moment of peace at hand the surviving members of the party raced to prepare for the next clash. With a quick check to find Valene, Peri, and Niamedris once more conscious and unharmed and Lothor again in control of himself the party turned to the room and the things within it. Rayne followed by Sirene had made her way to the female paladin’s table to find her yet alive. However though alive, clearly thanks to the dark magic around her, the human fighter was beyond help as her interior organs were mostly gone. Only massive regeneration could possibly save her and then only as long as the dark magic remained to keep her living. With the Mind Flayers gone or dead it was only a matter of time till the magic failed and so too the Paladin’s life. As Rayne and Sirene stood at the tables head gazing into the open living eyes of the women undecided of how to proceed, they were shortly joined by Weaver. Seeing the situation the Ranger/Bard began to sing, magic clear in his voice.

Do not injustice to another
Defend the weak & innocent
Let truth & honor always guide you
Let courage find a life within
Stand up when no one else is willing
Act not in hatred or in spite
Be to this world as a perfect knight
Even if it means your life...
Be well in the Halls of Valhalla.

With that last verse he reached over her face and gently closed the eyes of the holy warrior granting her peace in death. Then the three moved to rejoin the rest of the party who had by this time destroyed all tools of evil creation, and though Aliya had done a quick search of the room she had come up empty. Her skills not that of a rogue. With all that could be done, done the choice of which way to continue became the priority. The question back North the way they had come or through the West door, the same direction as the surviving Illithids had fled.

The first of the party to ask the obvious question was easily the group’s most vocal spokesperson as Ulthok spoke up. “Which way next?”

As Cor looked back between both doors, he seemed to make up his mind as to which door to him seemed the best to move through. "I know it's hopeless, but I think we should at least check out that room.” pointing to the West door. Though the nominal leader of the group he was, still one to seek advice from them and once again did so in this case.

“What say you all?"..................

(DM OOC: Ok I stopped my post here, as I do not know 100% where you the party will decide to go. North or West are your two choices. Ok my next post will be next Sunday the 22nd then there will be a two-week break for the holidays until Sunday January 5th. Please post this week on what direction the party as a whole will go. Thanks.)


Posted on 2013-12-16 at 04:01:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


Carefully Now......

As Cor looked back between both doors, he seemed to make up his mind as to which door to him seemed the best to move through. "I know it's hopeless, but I think we should at least check out that room.” pointing to the West door. Though the nominal leader of the group he was, still one to seek advice from them and once again did so in this case.

“What say you all?"..................
“Good enough..” the Halfling replied. Ulthok stepped to the door and checked for traps or triggers.

As he started checking Aliya came up,"I know we need to move, but we need to regroup and eat also. Stay and guard the door or come back and eat either way your doing something that needs to be done."
A pause might be good, hopefully what was on the other side of the door would not be setting a trap for them.

The Halfling found some food and drink and shared it with Peri. As they ate the group could plan....

(May have another post later to fill here.)

When the discussion were complete Ulthok stepped and checked the door for traps and triggers.

(Assuming nothing found.)

As the small mage opened the door,he wished he still had the Shadows to send in ahead to command them to attack any Mind Flayers or Black Robed Mages they might encounter.

Ulthok carefully checked the now open passage to be sure there were no trips or triggers awaiting them as they passed through.

(Again assume he finds nothing.)

Peering through into the room he watched as he perpared to move forward. This time he would spread the warning before all got caught by surprise.

(Either giving an all clear or a warning to attack depending on what he sees.)

With his bow ready he steeled him mind against another mental attack and lead the way into the room.

(O.O.C., found out from Tann that the Shadows were no longer available so I've edited the post to take them out.)



Posted on 2013-12-20 at 17:12:04.
Edited on 2013-12-22 at 21:18:55 by Odyson

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


7, 8, 9, 10 Ready or not!

Weaver stands at the ready with bow, ‘A most deadly game of hide n seek,’ He whispers to the winds.

Time for the moment seemed to stand still for Weaver, when the Lady Aliya tapped him on the shoulder. Weaver looked and saw the offering of food and drink. He looked up at her and smiled, ‘Thank you.’ As he reached for the food he noticed the muck and gore still on his hand. He pulled back quickly and gave a boyish smile and wiped as much away as he could on his tattered cloak. ‘Sorry,’ he whispered to her and then took an apple that was deep red in color, a bit of cheese, and a bit of the bread.

He watched as the Elvin Chained Lady drifted from one companion to the other offering food and drink. ‘How do they do it?’ the Lady then knelt and seemed to be arranging her things, ‘Little Nymphaea Red Flare, so far away yet some how right where you want to be.’ He glanced down at the muck and gore that still coved his drapings. ‘Cor, I think I need a bath. Let us take but just a moment more and then find this bitch so I can find,’ Weaver shuttered at his next words, ‘a warm bath.’


Posted on 2013-12-20 at 18:58:50.
Edited on 2013-12-29 at 19:26:20 by Kyle

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


food fills the gaps

Aliya shrugged not finding anything of interest on the black tables or at the back of the room. moving back to where the rest of the group were settled.

Aliya offered lothor a wine skin, wishing she had something stronger to offer the man. wanting to offer some word of comfort she found none, only to pat the dwarf on the back of a shambled sign of comfort. looking around at the party still getting their bearings after this battle. the room was horrific, Alyia sighed, this whole building was horrible. their was never going to be a proper time or place to stop and eat, but aliya felt that given the severity of this last battle, now was as good as time as any.

summoning Xin, she had him conger food and drink and place a soft illusion spell over the small eating area to mask the scent and scene of carnage which surrounded them. Xin always eager to please his mistress she conjured a picnic area and range of meats, fruit, and breads.

grabbing some food and drink Alyia slipped from the blanketed picnic area which Xin had conjured and went to were Weaver and cor were already heading towards the door. tapping weaver on the arm she held out the food and drink to him. (assuming he takes the food)

she moves on to cor, and offers him the same. "i know we need to move, but we need to regroup and eat also. stay and guard the door or come back and eat either way your doing something that needs to be done." Alyia didn't wait for a rebuttal and moved back to the group.

unsure of how to approach each of the party she moved to each and merely pointed to the area and mumbled an apology to each in turn.


(after eating/talking to the party)
kneeling she opened her spell components pouch and moved some items around so that some components were easier to grasp and cast if need be. nodding in satisfactions that everything was in order seeing that Ulthok and cor were already on the move she slipped the pouch back onto her belt and rose pulling her sword to the ready she fell into step behind them.



Posted on 2013-12-21 at 22:26:06.
Edited on 2013-12-22 at 23:03:01 by Astrid

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Prepare for attack...

Cor stood beside the West door into the next room. He bottom of his battle axe rested on the floor, with Cor's hand holding it up. Aliya patted Cor on the back, to which Cor responded with a nod. Cor was weary, but he knew they had to continue.

she moves on to cor, and offers him the same. "i know we need to move, but we need to regroup and eat also. stay and guard the door or come back and eat either way your doing something that needs to be done." Alyia didn't wait for a rebuttal and moved back to the group.
Cor laughed a tired laugh. "You're probably right. Especially with what we've been through. And charging in isn't going to save her..." Cor's voice drifted off as he accepted the food, the sword in his backpack feeling abnormally heavy. Cor ate the food, thoughtfully chewing each bite. They had to move soon. The Dragon Queen had to be here somewhere.

After his food was finished, Cor walked up by Ultok, who was looking in to the next room. Cor hoped that it would be less tragic then the last two fights had been. Standing next to the Halfling Cor whispered, "Just say the word," He leaning the back of his axeblade on his shoulder. "Let's see what they have in store for us now..."





Posted on 2013-12-22 at 20:05:19.
Edited on 2014-01-06 at 03:27:08 by SirSadaar

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


A small prayer

As the paladin's eyes were closed for the last time, Rayne sent a small prayer to the gods.

As the rest sat to eat and rest for a bit, she too pulled out some food and drink, resting for a moment. Listening to the others, she checked her arrows. There seemed to be enough. So she prepared her bow for the upcoming search.
The west door? "As good as any", she thought. She got up and prepared as best she could for what lie ahead.


Posted on 2014-01-04 at 23:03:47.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1226 Posts


And we go

With slender copper fingers, Sirene guided the paladin's eyes shut for the final time. Breathing a silent prayer for the fallen warrior the priestess bowed her head in sorrow. The woman's death had been horrific and yet that death was a mercy that had spared her a far worse fate. Sirene knew not the rites of mortal death, but she granted that the Lady embrace the woman with peace at the end of her journey.

With a final glance to the fallen warrior the enchantress glided across the room to where the others gathered. Already their numbers were smaller with Lady Jessica taken by the illithid. They would not likely see her again. The first of them had fallen to this vile place. Sirene clenched her fist in rage. She would show this dark queen a true witch. The rage of the Goddess would rise again soon.

As they talked of which way to go next they ate. She nodded her thanks to Aliya, accepting a piece of fruit. Even after all this time in the outside world she still abstained from flesh food.

A decision was made and they began to move on their way. She joined them steeling herself for the next trial to come. It was high time they left this charnel house behind.


Posted on 2014-01-05 at 16:57:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Danger, Danger Will Robinson!

The party having rested briefly to eat and ready themselves to continue found itself in no real need of healing other then Ulthok. However be it courage, pride, or a disregard for his health the Halfling Thief/Mage did nothing to correct his 12 point handicap. With everyone ready he moved to the door gave it a careful check for traps or triggers and swung it open.

As if that was the bell to signal another round Ulthok saw charging down the long hall beyond the door a number of the same looking large Orcs as faced outside. Yet among these Orcs, there seemed to be a number of even bigger ones with more of a human look though as ugly as any Orc ever seen. In Ulthok’s quick look, and thanks to his many years of travel and study, he could tell these Orcs looked to be a cross between an Ogre and an Orc instead of just a giant Orc.

Turning to yell a warning to the rest of the party and to close the door, he again was witness to the return of the four escaped Illithids as they once more plane shifted into the room behind the party. However, unlike when they had escaped separately, this time they did not return alone.

With each Mind flayer now were three creatures none of the party had ever encountered before. These twelve new creatures the party could see were strongly humanoid in appearance each standing a little taller then average human height yet much more gaunt and long of limb. Like many of the demi-human races, their ears were sharp points serrated at the back. With rough, yellow skin, gleaming black eyes instantly betraying to the party their inhumanness these creatures looked ready for a fight.

Where each creatures armor was different in appearance from plate to heavy chain to three wearing a strange type of hide, all were in some fashion decorated with feathers, beads and various gems, for nine of them their weapons were not. The nine in question holding silver two handed swords virtually pulsing with magic and eager smiles on each face they only paused long enough to better their grip on their swords. Then on the command of one creature wearing an amulet, in a language guttural and cruel none of you have ever heard, the nine creatures surged forward to the attack.

The three hide wearing creatures appeared to have no weapon in their hands at all and seemed to be speaking silently the only thing moving their hands together in unison. Strangely, the four Mind Flayers retreated as if waiting for commands, taking no action this round.

(DM OOC: Ok headed down the West passage by Ulthoks count are about 20 giant Orcs with about five Ogre Orcs mixed among the 20.
Within the room per the map, you have 4 Illithids and 12 of these new creatures, an extra 1k of exp to the first to PM me the right answer to what they are. Ok holidays are over, we have a new year, you are in another tough fight, and Trilogy continues. So in the immortal words of one Dragonmist
GAME ON!
Next post next Sunday the 12th)

 photo 001_zpsa9ef0ef1.jpg



Posted on 2014-01-06 at 06:23:17.

Mischief
Regular Visitor
Karma: 7/1
59 Posts


Sorry its late

As Rayne followed the rest of the party towards the west door she found herself at the end of the party next to Valene. As she turned to glance at Valene suddenly the Mind Flayers reappeared this time along with many new creatures and Rayne found herself in battle once more. Raising her bow quickly, she fired at the first creature to the South. (C7)


Posted on 2014-01-12 at 06:40:03.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


thor and ice

Aliya slipped between Barreel and Weaver making sure she was clear of the group. Crushing a small glass rod into a bit of fur she set her jaw in concentration and cast lightning bolt. letting the spell tear through her hopping to get as many of the large group of monsters in the blast as she possibly could. Aliya never though of herself as a mage before yet in this constant barrage of attack it felt so natural. She was thankful that out of habit drilled into her by her grandfather rather then nessety she kept a well stocked spell pouch.


Posted on 2014-01-12 at 23:44:33.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Ambush!

Cor stayed behind Ulthok, waiting for the halflings signal. They would storm the next room, and continue on their trek to the Dragon Queen, and the destruction of this castle. As Ultok turned to warn the party about the enemies in the next room, another threat became apparent: the returning Illithids. This time, however, they were flanked by some other creatures. Hopefully, they weren't as dangerous as the Illithids themselves.

"Ambush!" Cor shouted, though he knew the party already knew that. Taking note of the three Illithids and three hide wearing creatures, Cor hoped the mages in the party would be able to deal with them. For them to do so, Cor would have to keep the enemies on them.

The creatures at the bottom of the room were obviously a threat to the spellcasters; the creature had to be dealt with. With a battle cry to Odin, Cor charged toward the creatures (C-7, C-8, C-9) with his axe. Even if he didn't kill the lead one(C-7) he'd hopefully delay them from attacking the rest of the party.

(OOC: Cor charges and attacks C-7 with his battle axe.)


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 00:16:36.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


She's So Disarming.....

While Ulthok was looking down the hall Peri turned to see the yellow skinned creatures appear. They seemed to be really enthralled with their glowing swords, so much so that they secured their grib as they prepared to charge. “Well we’ll just have to see about that, maybe those shinney swords should slip from their grip.” With that the little faerie dragon cast “grease” on the swords of the six charging creatures.

(O.O.C., Those would be C1,2,3,4,5,6)


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 00:44:03.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1226 Posts


Let the storm rage on

Pulling a thin rod from her pouch Siréne raised an outstretched arm towards the yellow chanting creatures. She could the raging tempest within struggling to be released, and so, sending a trickle of will into the wand she set the power of the storm free. A thunderous roar and a blinding flash of light exploded out from the wand and into the beast before them.

((OOC: Using wand of lightning, forked bolt aimed at the chanting creatures. She will try to catch the illithids in the blast as well))


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 00:58:01.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5989 Posts


Protecting The Rear?

The Halfling Mage had determined that there were no traps on the door and started to push it open. Peering down the length of the hall there charging toward him were perhaps twenty of the large Orcs and even larger Ogre Orcs. He turned to warn the other to fall back and saw four Illithids appear and dozen more creatures.

Ulthok could see they were caught between two advance menace. With the party between him and the Illithids Ulthok decided to slow the advancing Orcs. While using the door to shield himself he pulling out his wand of frost a cone of cold down the hall, filling the passage with a freezing force that washed over the Orcs and Ogre Orcs. When the blast had left the wand Ulthok slammed the door shut and turned to aid his companions.


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 02:35:57.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Oh Oh Oh its magic, you know

Weaver feeling the magic filled the room he turns as the once empty room is filled with new foe. In one swift movement his hands have the components and the words of a long forgotten arcane tongue. A charge fills Weaver and the air around him. His target is the three Illithids that once escaped but this time, perhaps it will be different.

OOC: Lightening bolt, one of my two at the Illithids center target on the one in the middle.
Sorry this one is short and sweet but if I could I would fire ball every freaken Cedar tree in this state.


Posted on 2014-01-13 at 03:10:04.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.