The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4005 registered users. Our newest member is Karack.
Online members: TannTalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Womens
Price: $16.00

Schnozzle
Ma' Nozzle
Karma: 36/0
654 Posts


I search the bodies!

In a flutter of wings and a clash of steel, the battle was done. Freya herself had descended to finish the fight; though Roan had never seen a goddess before there was no question in his mind about her identity. He had felt the holy power emanating from her being, and when she ended the battle Roan fell to one knee where he had stood.

He barely whispered, but he knew she heard. Goddess Freya, we thank you for your aid this day. He looked up, and across the room he saw her speak to Weaver. Whatever words they exchanged were clearly for him alone, but the blessing of the goddess had saved teh entire party. Then, just as quickly as she had appeared, she was gone again.

Now that the battle was ended completely Roan found himself bleeding from what seeed like a thousand different holes. Everything hurt, and that required a remedy. It seemed selfish, considering his clerical background, but he quaffed a potion of healing. It would be necessary, he reasoned, to live long enough to do any real service to the Allfather.

Feeling at least a little rejuvenated, Roan set about doing what seemed necessary. The room was ransacked from the fight, but he thought he had seen piles of maps and what appeared to be models of the castle. He began to search the room. Surely something here was of signifigance, whether it was carried by one of the Gith, one of the Orcs, or simply hidden away under a pile of maps, Roan was determined to find out.


Posted on 2014-07-30 at 02:03:01.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


A moment

Rayne's whole body trembled, not something that happened often before. She realized she stood moments ago in the presence of a goddess. Not just that, but the goddess had taken their side in a fight. More than ever she was convinced that great evil was afoot in the land and that their quest really was the last hope for the world.

Snapping herself out of her moment, Rayne scanned the room. "Those who need healing come to me." Placing her bow on her back, Rayne made the transition from life taking ranger to life giving cleric once more.


Posted on 2014-07-30 at 13:06:43.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6192 Posts


R & R..........

As the potion worked to restore the Halfling’s strength he could do little more than watch the events unfold. His wits solidifying he could sense a change in the room. Gazing back to where he had just escaped Ulthok now saw a tall fair haired female warrior take the attack to the robed aggressor. The female seemed familiar but more for legend then life. The robe was being beaten down and Ulthok realized somehow a Valkyrie had joined their cause. The battle held his gaze then some how the Robed one lunged catching the Battle Maiden through the throat killing her. A scream came from Ulthok’s left as the Valkyrie fell. There standing over his friend Weaver was another female figure but there was no doubt this was the Goddess Freya herself. The tales of the Valkyrie’s vengeance stood nowhere near the fact.

The Goddess raised her hands and a force of magical energy unseen lashed out consuming the Robed creature. In seconds it was gone… totally and utterly destroyed. The force of her killing blast so strong the whole party around the former creature were flung to the ground landing hard. However, the Winter Wolves were not so lucky as the energy struck them and as had been with the Limper so it was with them. Ulthok could not remember even seeing such raw power.

The Goddess then turned to take on the other aggressors in the room but they were gone. The creatures including the yellow faced beings vanished in escape. Only the Knight was left and he wisely dropped his weapon and assumed a submissive posture, dropping to his knees. That good sense saved his life as the Goddess turned away from to whisper to Weaver before she too vanished.

Ulthok now felt Peri’s confusion, he emerged from the table and his small companion fluttered in the space where other Robed being had once stood. “Peri..to me.” The mage walked back to where the party was rising from the floor and the faerie dragon floated over and perched on his should. He could feel her embarrassment as she realized what had happened to her and touch of shame for what she had done to Sirene. “Don’t worry,” he nuzzled back to the pouting familiar, “the others understand and I am glad you are safe again.”

Rayne and Roan had already started the healing process and Ulthok knew they all needed to heal and quickly . Approaching the the party, “All gather now and let our healer assess your needs. Seeing several of the group on the ragged edge, even the battle hardened Dwarv showed serious signs of harm. “Cor and Rayne down a potion of extra healing to gain strength to start healing the others. Aliya and Barreel drink um if you’ve got um too. We should then be sure distribute the rest of the potions so we all have one going forward, Sirene you should take any extra..we need you healthy.” The party then started the healing process as Rayne, Cor and Sirene made sure they each were healed. They then began moving among the party casting small healing spells at first in an assembly line fashion allowing each to stabilize before the next healer moved up. The healers seemed to sense the need of each and cast such to bring all the members back to as near full health without wasting spells.

As each gained the strength they needed some started check the room for clues to help them decide their next move.


Posted on 2014-07-31 at 01:21:06.
Edited on 2014-08-01 at 01:34:02 by Odyson

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


It's over... for now

As the knight, though fighting for a loathsome cause, had chose to fight with honour, so did Cor. No tricks, just a straight up duel. Both of them landed several blows on one another, with neither being seriously hurt. Cor smiled slightly. This was how a fight should be. He locked eyes with the knight and advanced for the next round of attacks.

But none occurred. A shrill scream sounded, then a force strong enough to knock Cor off of his feet. He smashed into the floor painfully. Rolling back to his feet his glanced around the room. The fight was over. The Gith and the Dark Whisper had fled the field, and the wolves and Limper were dead. Only the knight remained. Intelligently, he surrendered. No mortal man could stand against a goddess. Cor muttered a quick prayer to Freya and the other gods, then got back to the situation at hand.

Cor glanced down at the kneeling knight. "You have fought with honour, therefore you shall be treated with such." Cor glanced around the room. There were several injured party members that needed tending to.

Rayne and Roan had already started the healing process and Ulthok knew they all needed to heal and quickly . Approaching the the party, “All gather now and let our healer assess your needs. Seeing several of the group on the ragged edge, even the battle hardened Dwarv showed serious signs of harm. “Cor and Rayne down a potion of extra healing to gain strength to start healing the others. Aliya and Barreel drink um if you’ve got um too. We should then be sure distribute the rest of the potions so we all have one going forward, Sirene you should take any extra..we need you healthy.” The party then started the healing process as Rayne, Cor and Sirene made sure they each were healed. They then began moving among the party casting small healing spells at first in an assembly line fashion allowing each to stabilize before the next healer moved up. The healers seemed to sense the need of each and cast such to bring all the members back to as near full health without wasting spells.
Cor nodded, drinking a potion of extra healing as he walked towards the group. While keeping his eye on the knight, he cast the healing spells how needed. As they finished, Cor turned to the party and asked, " So, anyone have any ideas what to do with the knight? Except executing him."


Posted on 2014-08-02 at 00:02:02.
Edited on 2014-08-02 at 00:02:24 by SirSadaar

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1276 Posts


To the next

Sight returned to her in an intoxicating surge of color and form. With renewed vision she gazed at the empty space before her. The enemy had fled, her cool bravado gone in the presence of divinity. Their battle was not done. All the fury of the Dark Mother will follow you, and it will consume you leaving not even dust.
Her curse echoed in her mind and seemed to flow out from her as a promise of things to come.

A divine hand had saved them. Descending from the heavens, Freyja had manifested in the world of men and unleashed divine fury on their enemies. She whispered a prayer of thanks to the Goddess who was all goddesses and then turned her attention to her companions. The battle was done and it was time to tend the wounded. Moving through the ranks, Sirene laid a kiss on her companions letting the healing power of the Mother flow through her and into them.

With the rite of healing complete attentions returned to their mission. As many of the others began searching the room for hidden answers, the enchantress set her eyes on the lone enemy knight. Even surrendered with his weapons cast aside she did not trust him to betray them at the first opportunity. He had his allegiances and they had theirs.

Gliding across the room, the witch drew forth power from the unseen world and spun it into a web of trust and desire. It flowed through her as easily as breath and the old faerie blood sang. Remembering the forests, cross roads, and twilight, she let her spell sink into him. Punctuating her charm with silvery laughter, she stood and waited.

((OOC: uses staff of curing and striking, casts assortment of decided healing spells, and then casts charm person on the human knight - bonuses for enchantress and robe of the archmagi))


Posted on 2014-08-03 at 15:11:49.

Sir Nibbly
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Late Post.

Used to taking care of himself after a battle, Barreel rubbed some of his powder of coagulation into his more pressing wounds. As he reached for a wound in a more tricky spot, he felt something neither his skin, nor his armor. Tugging it off of his armor he found a gith arm. Smiling he used the blood to turn his powder to a paste to make it work better. It's what all the Berserkers did.

Barreel then reflected on the end of the battle as best he could. First two flying women appeared, then all the bad guys disappeared. He wasn't sure exactly what happened in between those two events. It was hard to think. Barreel had raged for quite a while and the crash after was worse than a hangover.

Shrugging it off as unimportant Barreel walked toward the rest of the beaten, but swiftly recovering party and boomed "WELL THAT WAS FUN! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!"


Posted on 2014-08-04 at 03:13:14.

CTHB
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
4 Posts


Another short, late post. Just assume these from now on, it seems.

Lothor scans the party, making sure that none fell or were seriously injured while he wasn't able to see. His noncommittal grunt communicated enough of his opinion of the state of the party. He picked up a relatively clean scrap of some kind of cloth off of a corpse as he walked to where the party was congregating. "Today's a good day for this fight, it seems. Even the gods don't feel right not participating." He paused to wipe the blood off his sword with the rag, chuckling softly at Barreel's entrance. "Don't fear, there will be much more blood to be spilled, and I suspect much by your hands. 'Death from below', right?"

His gaze swung across the group as he discarded the soiled scrap. "So, what now?"


Posted on 2014-08-04 at 04:03:51.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Short post also

With the fight over and all enemy dead or fled, the time was once again for healing. With the return of Barrel to the party’s ranks, they once more stood at nine in number. However, the healing all but to full health cost the party greatly as all Cure Light Wound spells were depleted and the Rayne’s bow and Sirene’s staff were no longer viable to heal. From Barrel they learned that the way he had come for the most part was cleared for now thanks to him. However how long that would last with the Githyanki and at least one Shadow-Wraith aware of their current location was unknown. On top of that they now for the first time since entering this flying citadel had a prisoner.

With the rest of the party unsure of how to deal with him Sirene was the first to act casting upon him the spell of charm person. Raising his head after a few moments the Knight looked to Sirene.

“My Lady I must tell you that I am immune to such, save your spells you will need them.” Turning to Cor the Knight slowly stood.

“I speak to you Sir Dwarf, Knight to Knight, to give you my promise that I will raise my hand no more in anger or against you and your party in this castle. All I ask, to gather my weapon and few possessions, and leave honorably from this castle. I wish not to bring down upon my head the wraith of a goddess for once more taking arms against you.”

With his hands in plain view in front of him having not been tied, he awaited Cor’s answer and or any party debate......

(DM OOC: Ok short post to cover healing and the enemy Knight. Next post next Sunday the 10th.)


Posted on 2014-08-04 at 04:40:04.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


.

"Well Cor, what shall we do with him? I believe you are best to judge the qualities of such as he. My thought is that he is unlikely to go back on his word and risk the wrath of a goddess."


Posted on 2014-08-08 at 15:45:50.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6192 Posts


Not A Good Knight.........

"'Aye, Rayne speaks for me as well... I do not trust his words.... The Knight has cast his lot in with this evil plan and he has been given something in return that is more valuable than we could offer.... He is no mire minion, but a leader, treachery can be presented with a silver tongue and noble actions, but it is still treachery."

Ulthok paced a bit as he thought and spoke.

"We can not turn him loose and I fear that killing him would be just a bad. An execution may fulfill promises from his masters.... I say strip him of his armor, gag him and bind his hands. We leave him in his small clothes only... Be sure to take all rings, pendants or anything else that carry magic to aid him. Perhaps we can stow him in the next storage room we find....If we are attacked again before then, well he will just have to fend for himself."

(OOC) He most likely has hidden weapons or other items, we may find the vessel that was prepared to hold is essence if he were killed.


Posted on 2014-08-08 at 16:32:59.
Edited on 2014-08-08 at 16:53:16 by Odyson

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


clearing it up

"Actually Ulthok, I am inclined to allow him to go his way. With all the evil aligned against us, one more dark knight is not going to make any difference. Take any magic items we can use but leave him his armor and a dagger for defense. Of course that is after Cor receives his sworn pledge to do us no harm nor partake in any planning designed to do us harm. Assuming of course that Cor believes he can be trusted to keep his word."


Posted on 2014-08-09 at 00:10:46.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6192 Posts


Nay..........

Ulthok listened to the Ranger but he still felt stong against letting the Knight have any advantage.

"The things in this place may well recognize this Knight in his armor and then rally to him....Nay, to letting him leave armored and armed... We will take his armor and weapons, perhaps they could aid us later" Pointing to the Knight, "We need not chance letting him easily draw forces against us...if he survives.. let it be by his wits alone!"

The mage slowly turned to Cor, "You are our leader old friend and I will honor your choice, but don't forget another Knight we trusted..Alasdair...he too had seemed Honorable."


Posted on 2014-08-09 at 01:13:10.
Edited on 2014-08-09 at 01:14:21 by Odyson

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Decision...

“I speak to you Sir Dwarf, Knight to Knight, to give you my promise that I will raise my hand no more in anger or against you and your party in this castle. All I ask, to gather my weapon and few possessions, and leave honorably from this castle. I wish not to bring down upon my head the wraith of a goddess for once more taking arms against you.”
Cor pondered the ramifications of this decision. Letting the knight go was certainly the honourable thing to do. After all, the knight had fought honourably, even letting Cor heal before he fought.

On the other hand, letting the knight go was definitely a threat to the party's safety. He could attack them when they were at their most vulnerable, or set up an ambush.

As Ulthok and Rayne discussed the two opposing views, Cor listened closely. Both seemed to equally believe in their opinion.

The mage slowly turned to Cor, "You are our leader old friend and I will honor your choice, but don't forget another Knight we trusted..Alasdair...he too had seemed Honorable."
Glancing back and forth betweem the two of them, Cor carefully said, " I respect both of your opinions." Cor paused as he determined what he would say. "Ulthok I remember what happened with Alistar... but if we do not act with honour, how are we better than the enemy?" Cor turned to face the knight. "Unless anyone really is against letting you go, I believe that you shall walk free. However, answer this one question for me: how do you resist spells? I have never encountered a knight who so easily did so."




Posted on 2014-08-09 at 03:01:13.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


To Dream

Weaver found himself void of all feeling. For the first time in as long as he could remember there was nothing; no pain, no sorrow, no joy, no happiness. It was as if the blanket of the night sky had wrapped around him. This sky had no stars and the moon was hidden from sight. To some this might have been fear incarnate but to Weaver this was peace. Blissfulness fell upon his ancient soul. His mind began to race with his own thoughts, thoughts that he wished upon. No other outside person, place, or thing had any pull upon him now. ‘I am at peace.’

His eyes snapped open and a soft laughter filled his ears. It felt as if a butterfly lifted and took flight from his cheek. Weaver looked up from the floor. He could hear the others talking about what to do with the knight.

Weaver sat up and looked upon the gathering. He wondered how the knight would answer. For Weaver knew how this fallen knight did what he did and his answer would tell if his words were in truth or in survival.


Posted on 2014-08-09 at 17:12:19.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


battle numb...

Alyia walked to where the party was converging for the most part. Niamedris jumped from Alyia's arms an ran towards Sirene. the discussion over the surrendered knights fate seemed like a diversion for the moment rather then address what had actually just occurred. Valkyrie come to their aid was miraculous in an of itself but for a goddess to come to their aid. seemed to darken the already casualty strune mission.

Alyia watched as Roan routed through the papers an maps on what was left of the tables about the room. most of the party seemed intent of either healing themselves or others of the party an discussing the succeeded knights honour.

“All gather now and let our healer assess your needs." Ulthok called out.

Alyia was tired an sore but not bad off for the moment.

"WELL THAT WAS FUN! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!" Barreel's voice boomed echoing reverb slightly in the room. Alyia smiled wanly watching him rub a blood paste into his wounds. A soft barely audible tone seemed to ring in her ears.

Alyia watched the others talk an gesture to the surrendered knight, yet she flet like she was an outsider watching events unfurl before her. this group seemed undaunted, always pressing on to the next goal, the next enemy. She could see why a goddess would come to their aid. each had their own story, their own fight, an their own demons, yet each was rezilaint with some unseen inner light which lead them forward.

Alyia in a moment found herself kneeling beside weaver. His eyes snapped open causing her to jump in start. Weaver turned his head an listened to the others discuss the knight.

"are you hurt?" Alyia mumbled pulling the vile of extra healing from her belt. "you can have it."

Alyia looked around the room an sighed. "our deaths will matter? our lives matter? we fight an die or fight to survive... it only ends if we stop chasing the dream, an give up hope." Alyia laughed a hallow sound an wiped the unbidden tears which streaked her cheeks. "i'm sorry." Alyia whispered as if to herself, as she found herself clasping a vile in her inner vest.

Xin was hovering over Roans shoulder pestering the man about his finds, hoping to gain some insight or strategy to aid the party.


Posted on 2014-08-09 at 20:43:54.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.