The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is tomejohn.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


sorry for living... Never

‘are you hurt?’ Alyia mumbled as she handed a vile to Weaver, ‘you can have it.’

Weaver put his hand around hers and the vile and pushed it back to her, ‘I will take nothing from you that will save your life before I loose my own.’ He then looked to the others and while listening to them he spoke softly to Alyia, ‘With your blessing, I have her cures.’

Alyia looked around the room and sighed. “Our deaths will matter? Our lives matter? We fight and die or fight to survive... it only ends if we stop chasing the dream, and give up hope. "Alyia laughed a hallow sound and wiped the unbidden tears which streaked her cheeks, “I am sorry.” Alyia whispered as if to herself, as she found herself clasping a vile in her inner vest. “I’m sorry.”

Weaver looked up at the Lady Alyia and used his thumb to wipe away some of her tears. He then brought his thumb to his lips and tasted the tears of the Lady, ‘Death, life, hopes, and dreams. ‘Taste like sorrow, joy, tomorrow, and yesterday to me.” He then stood and helped the Lady Alyia back to her feet.


Posted on 2014-08-11 at 00:15:37.

Sir Nibbly
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Late to the party it seems...

Barreel still felt groggy, but he did understand honor. Normally boisterous, he silently listened to the debate about the knight. His first thought was to agree with Ulthok and to not trust the knight, but Cor spoke of honor, and honor is what kept the Battlerager fighting. Looking at Cor, Barreel boomed, "Honor is what separates us from them. I trust ye to handle this situation in the most honorable way we safely can."

The situation decided for him, Barreel wandered near the door to go deeper into the castle. He was eager to begin the fight once more and grinned savagely at the thought.


Posted on 2014-08-11 at 04:19:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


A Knights Fate.

The room quiet, the last of the enemy, the Knight, awaiting his release or attempted attack the party healed. The heaviness of the totaled wounds such that in the end the party’s healers found themselves completely out of lower healing. Leaving them only higher-level spells and potions available as needed. Through this time the captured Knight had waited quietly, hands before him, never reaching for any the other weapons or items upon him. Raising his head to look at Cor as the Dwarf spoke he seemed calm.

“Unless anyone really is against letting you go, I believe that you shall walk free. However, answer this one question for me: how do you resist spells? I have never encountered a knight who so easily did so."

“You of all people should know that Sir Dwarf… Wisdom, my wisdom is high enough to resist most charm spells and the like. Your Hold spell caught me off guard and so it took me awhile to break it. If that is all?”

With no other questions and in full view, the Knight regained his sword and other gear and headed for the door. Stopping as in thought, he turned to face Cor once more.

“For releasing me I give you this. Beware, there is a third of these Shadow-Wraiths” You can hear his tone of disgust. “Within this castle, called The Howler, beware of his voice”

With that, the Knight and his gear are through the door you arrived from and gone. With the issue of the captured enemy over the party once more prepares to move out as Roan walks over and shows the party his findings. As most of the party had watched and waited for a decision on the enemy Knight, he had been searching the room and gathering. Upon the two orcs, he had found 5 potions, 3 bags of gold, a well made expensive looking pin, 2 well-crafted bastard swords. Each wearing a well made set of armor though both sets were too small or too big for any of the party. From the dead Githyanki he had found a number of well-designed swords, light and easy to use though two handed. Of the Shadow-Wraith, he had found nothing, Freya making sure of that. For the rest of the room he found nothing but modeled buildings and pieces of wood.

With everything done, items found and taken by the party, this time with Barreel in the lead quickly headed back the way the Dwarf Berserker had come. In only minutes they found themselves facing a pair of hallways that Barreel had passed on his way to the party. The first was to the West and led to a set of stairs going up, the second to the North with a barely seen door 60’ away. For a fully healed party, another choice was faced.

(DM OOC: Ok here’s tonight’s post let me know what you take and I will add it to whoever carries it sheet. Next post Next Sunday.)


Posted on 2014-08-11 at 05:19:43.
Edited on 2014-08-11 at 05:56:27 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


Onward

"Wisdom indeed. Takes one wiser than most I have ever met to resist such spell." Cor thought to himself. Turning to the party, Cor adjusted his gear. "Well now lads and lassies, seems we best be getting ta going. Seems there is one more wraith lurking about and that is one too many for me."


Posted on 2014-08-15 at 00:52:22.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6187 Posts


Onward.............

“Unless anyone really is against letting you go, I believe that you shall walk free. However, answer this one question for me: how do you resist spells? I have never encountered a knight who so easily did so.", Cor spoke.
Ulthok really didn’t want to just release the knight but he’d learned to trust Cor, luck was often with him. He listened as this enemy prepared to leave.

“You of all people should know that Sir Dwarf… Wisdom, my wisdom is high enough to resist most charm spells and the like. Your Hold spell caught me off guard and so it took me awhile to break it. If that is all?”
The Knight regained his sword and other gear and headed for the door. Stopping as in thought, he turned to face Cor once more.

“For releasing me I give you this. Beware, there is a third of these Shadow-Wraiths” You can hear his tone of disgust. “Within this castle, called The Howler, beware of his voice” The mage noted the information, just what they needed another ultra strong spell slinger to slow their progress.
The party secured the items Roan had found on the fallen foes. “Beware of weapon of those yellowfaces, they may carry strange magic.”
After the things were distributed or stored they headed out the back door following Barreel back the way he had come.

As they traversed the halls Peri clung to Ulthok’s shoulder, her small head lowered. Ulthok could sense the shame she felt and it would take some time for her to come to terms with what she had done to Sirene. Ulthok wanted to comfort her, but the shadow that had started crossing his heart since Valene was taken was leaving him feeling cold.

Coming to a pair of hallway the mage could see one leading to a stair going up and the other to another door. Moving up didn’t seemed to be the way to where prisoners would be held. Ulthok moved toward the door. “It may be more trouble but I think we need to check this room.”



Posted on 2014-08-17 at 01:08:38.
Edited on 2014-08-17 at 01:10:13 by Odyson

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Hecate, Oh Hecate, guide us through the cross roads...

Her feet padded silently on the stone pathways as she moved with her companions down the darkening hallways. Every surface of this vile place seemed to vibrate with the promise of death, and it called for them. Already its sweet had called so many among them into the sweet depths of oblivion. It was only by the grace of the Goddess that they had come this far. Siréne sent a plea and a silent prayer of gratitude up to the heavens, if they were to come out of this alive they would need the Lady's continued favor.

Moon Mother, be with us.
Once again they came to a crossroads, a pathway splitting left or right. Legends spoke of these being places of eldritch power. It was said the wall between worlds was thin in such places, and at a crossroads one might wander into Faerie. It was in the potential, the possibility, and the power of the choice. No such possibility lay in such an oppressive place. The air around them seemed to kill hope and possibility, ripping away joy and leaving all choices utterly hollow.

Siréne clung to the serenity that was the mark of her station. It was the only thing that keeping her sane. With an unyielding composure, the elven priestess glided over to stand beside Ulthok and let her elven sight pierce the darkness.

"Our halfling speaks with sense. This is a place of trials. Let us make ready for the next and move onward."


Posted on 2014-08-17 at 03:44:16.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


the room

"Aye lad, we need ta check the room. No sense going up and leaving who knows what lurking behind us. If ya please, do your thing on the door and then we will enter."


Posted on 2014-08-17 at 05:11:12.

Sir Nibbly
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


MAY Be Trouble?

“It may be more trouble but I think we need to check this room.”
"If ya please, do your thing on the door and then we will enter."

Grinning, happy thinking combat is moments away, Barreel shouted, "I hope there's trouble!"

Barreel then gripped his axe harder and set himself to run through the door axe swinging, "Get it open, then get out of my way!"


Posted on 2014-08-17 at 23:21:03.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


A quick search of rooms

The party having left the scene of this latest fight in only minutes found themselves facing a pair of hallways that Barreel had passed on his way to the party. The first to the West led to a set of stairs going up, the second to the North a barely seen door 60’ away. For a fully healed party another choice was faced and quickly decided upon, to the door they would go.

With Ulthok once more in the lead and at the door, the Halfling found it unlocked like the rest. The door swung open and Barreel charging into the room the dwarf found himself in a 50 x 100 room that is some form of church. On a raised stage against, the Northern wall on a 4-foot dais stands a stone statue of a skeletal female dressed in fine robes of jade. At the bass of the stage, a large number of mats are positioned upon the floor, while along both East and West walls two long wooden benches. As you move closer, you can see that both the stage and the dais are covered in runes. Behind the statue hanging from the ceiling are 12 golden candle/incense holders, all empty at this time. The ‘church’ is empty with a single door to the East.

With a quick search finding nothing the party moves out through the East door and within a few minutes of quick movement they finds themselves before another wooden door. A quick check by the thief and once more Barreel leads the way to find himself and the party behind him in an empty 300 x 200 sized cafeteria. The place to the surprise of the party quite clean, a pantry and kitchen fully stocked of food also to the party surprise edible by them. A wooden door to the South lends a way out.

Again, a quick search uncovering nothing but the food and a few very finely made high quality-cooking utensils, the party is out the door and moving South. Once more, they come to a meeting of passageways; one headed continuing to the South a second to the East and another wooden door. Ulthok door check, Barreel charging forward, the party finds themselves in a 50 x 40 lavishly furnished bedroom. A large bed on the North wall, pillows and bedding made of fine white silk, a wardrobe to the East made of better wood then so far encountered. A Table with five cushioned chairs in the rooms center with one larger then the rest. To the South 4 chests rest against the wall, locks hanging from their front clasps. The room empty..........

(DM OOC: Ok here is this weeks post I stopped it at this point as to give you the choice of examining the contents of the chests if you so choose. Also due to not hearing back from CTHB after a PM, Email, and sending Ody to seek him out, I have given Lothor to Axiomatic. Let us all please welcome him to the game and help him as much as possible as he is not that well versed in 2e and still needs to catch up. Also if you have not heard, Keeper has reclaimed Cor with SirSadaar’s dropping of the game due to going off to school. This leaves Rayne once more open so I’ll try to recruit a player for her asap considering this time both male or female players. Next post next Sunday.)


Posted on 2014-08-18 at 04:05:56.

Sir Nibbly
Newbie
Karma: 3/0
13 Posts


Well that was a let down...

Barreel was feeling frustrated at this point. He rushed through three doors ready for combat and found nothing. Neither soldier, nor horror of the deeps waited for him.

Grumpily walking to the chests to the south, he kicked one and stated, "Ulthok, open these so we can move on quickly."

He then sat roughly into one of the chairs, not noticing the fact that he was so disgusting that the chair was probably ruined forever, and waited for the party to decide to move on.


Posted on 2014-08-19 at 18:02:02.
Edited on 2014-08-19 at 18:02:14 by Sir Nibbly

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


journey onward..

Alyia followed weaver back to the group.

an after a small discussion she was following the party into yet another corridor.

Xin was hovering near her talking to her but Alyia was lost in her own thought. Xin realized that he was all but talking to himself an hovered over to alight on Alyia's shoulder an pat her hair in a sympathetic gesture.

Grinning, happy thinking combat is moments away, Barreel shouted, "I hope there's trouble!"
Barreel then gripped his axe harder and set himself to run through the door axe swinging, "Get it open, then get out of my way!"

Barreel's works seemed to chafe on Alyia an she frowned. how could the dwarf rally himself so readily? love combat? or did he have a darker mottive?

so much negativity seemed to swirl about her mind. Xin pinched her hard causing Alyia to yelp in start. Xin made a chiding gesture an pointed to her hand. Alyia looked down an realized she had unconsciously been worrying her teeth along her thumb. blushing alyia tucked a strand of hair behind her ear an slipped her hands down gripping the hilt of the sword at her hip.
the feel of the smooth hard steel seemed to reassure her though the growing dependence on her magic seemed to needle into that blanket of calm. looking at the party she sighed.

they entered one empty room after another. church, mess hall, kitchen. the trappings in each made Alyia wonder how many the castle housed an for how long.

Alyia couldn't help but smile to herself as the food in the kitchen was both familiar an delicious. she stuffed several large hunks of cheese, bread an meat into a large handkerchief an into a pocket. She wondered if it was habit she did this or practicality.

Alyia was taken aback at the quality an lavishness of the sleeping chambers. she found herself touching the silk the fine white coverlets a stark harsh contrast to her dirty blood stained hands.

Alyia frowned an moved back closer to the party, withdrawn waiting the the other preverbial shoe to drop.


Posted on 2014-08-19 at 18:16:05.

Axiomatic
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 4/0
102 Posts


Lothor's Awkward Thanksgiving

The fight for Lothor had been a hard one. If not for Rayne, he would be surely dead...and for that he had yet to thank her.

Lothor moved his eyes, in those important moments before that door opened, and looked at Rayne. Would he really admit his thanks out in the open?

....

Yeah, he would- er...

Lothor realized from one look at her trembling frame that now was not the best moment to tell her he was thankful that she helped so much, since giving information involving how people depended on her probably would only add pressure.

The fighter kept his mouth shut as the door opened.

Now a new door, Ulthok opening it and Barreel charging once more.

((I honestly don't know how to continue this post, so I'm going to cut it off here....is that okay?))


Posted on 2014-08-22 at 22:55:33.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6187 Posts


Room By Room.........

Ulthok lead the party to the doors, checking quickly for traps but found the doors safe and not locked. As he opened them Barreel rushed past.

There were no enemies but just a hall of evil worship. The mage continued to lead the party on to next room. Here they found dinning hall. A quick check of the lauder found edible food and the party added to their stores, not knowing when next they might find supplies. The mage found a small store of fresh apples, a treat for his sad familiar. Polishing up one the fruit to bright shining red he presented it to Peri.

At first the little dragonet giggled with glee, but then a sadness passed over her. Clutching the apple Peri fluttered over to the druid Sirene. Landing at her feet the fey creature bowed her head and placed the apple before the her. Lifting the hem of the sorceress’s robe Peri kissed it gently then looked up into Sirene’s deep water blue eyes. In her best formal elvish, “Sirène Talà Melete …Awen en amin, amin hiraetha!” (My lady,I'm sorry.) Peri then flew back to Ulthok’s shoulder to nuzzle softly into his neck, a small tear tracing down her cheek.

Ulthok then gathered a few more items and made sure the water pouches were filled. There was no telling when the might find supplies again. Pressing on he lead the group to the next room.

Here they found a lavish bedroom of fine furnishings. The mage was ready to leave when Barreel pointed out the four chests against the wall. Ulthok wasn’t sure what gain could be had from the content of the chests, but Barreel’s words.” Ulthok, open these so we can move on quickly." just peaked his natural curiosity. The thief in him focused his attention as his looked for traps and then picked each lock. With the locks removed he opened each chest for inspection.


Posted on 2014-08-24 at 19:48:36.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


a quick check

"Lets check the chests and then be on our way. Everyone stand back in case they are trapped." Cor wanted to continue moving forward but was loath to leave anything potentially helpful behind. They had been more than lucky so far and who knew when that would change.


Posted on 2014-08-25 at 04:47:52.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Mmm a bit of cheese

As the party went on Kyle found himself wondering to what end all this would bring about. Before he could ponder an answer he found the sweet smell of a kitchen, ‘A bit of cheese he whispered as he posted up next to a door to keep watch.


Posted on 2014-08-31 at 23:32:37.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.