The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3963 registered users. Our newest member is Amino.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Alacrity)Firefly Serenity reboot
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by Grugg)Last Chance Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Post battle wrap up

With the battle over it was easy for the surviving party members, primarily Lothor, to casually finish off both Smiley and the giant human Butcher. Ulthok and Aliya to un-summon their creatures and a search of the room for useful items to take place.

However as Cor moved to gather the bodies of Barreel and Dark Whisper his eyes opened in surprise. Only Barreel’s arrowed body was found, the arrow’s clearly Ulthok’s. The Shadow-Wraith’s body gone only her eye seemingly cut from her face left behind.

For Ulthok with the battle done and the last surviving enemies destroyed thinking to test if with the Queen’s death he could once more become invisible, was dismayed to still be hampered in doing so. Turning to searching, with the help of a Detect Magic from Sirene, he found on the Queen, Advisor and the Butcher a number of magical items. Taking and wrapping them carefully, especially the cleaver, he stored them for later ID. With this all completed his thoughts once again turned to other matters then the party’s mission. As clearly evidenced by his next words.

“My Valene and the Queen must have been wandering this castle since before we found the empty prison cell. The sound of our battle may draw them. I must find her......Anyone have a Finding spell?”

The reply from all was no, Ulthok would have to find another way............

Sirene having recovered from her battle within her mind with the Lich Queen, went quickly to Lothor upon his request of aid. Then helping Ulthok check the throne the Enchantress and Thief, found no hidden traps or hatches its surface. With Ulthok storing the found items till later she proceeded to heal herself.

As the rest of the party proceeded to heal and search Rayne immediately headed to her two wounded ferrets. Her heart cried out in dismay as she found one dead the other badly hurt. Quickly casting her bow granted two cure lights she was hearted to see the ferret wounds heal and the small creature move to rub up against her. Then moving to its twin it nuzzled him, waited for some response, and seeming to accept his passing returned to Rayne again.

With Ulthlok wanting to locate Valene and the Dragon Queen, yet the mission to destroy the flying castle possibly now only a dark hallway away. The party once more faced another set of choices.

(DM OOC: Ok here is this weeks post first up here are the items found and detected by Sirene as magical. I took one Detect Magic spell from her as such.
From Queen’s body: a Ring, a Pin, 2 Dagger’s, Queen’s clothing is very nice and well made and carries a magical taint
From the Butcher: His meat cleaver, boots, and a ring.
From the Advisor: Robe, Dagger, Bone inside his left leg (Needs to be cut out and removed)
Dark Whisper: Her blood covered eye which is magical and is really her eye.
Magical Githyanki Swords: (6 Greatswords, 4 longswords, 2 short Zulu type spears and 1 Flail Barreel’s items (see sheet)

Nimu I need to know what healing spells you used as you did not specify them in your post.
Ok next post next Sunday 19th and once again good posts all)


Posted on 2015-04-12 at 21:13:02.
Edited on 2015-04-12 at 21:19:18 by TannTalas

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


we won?!!?

Alyia rose feeling slightly shaky from the withdrawal of the fire elemental's power. Yet at the same time slightly giddy at the adrenalin rush from the battle being over for the moment an the fact she'd successfully summoned an controlled the elemental.

“My Valene and the Queen must have been wandering this castle since before we found the empty prison cell. The sound of our battle may draw them. I must find her......Anyone have a Finding spell?”
Alyia shook her head no, her heart heavy for the halfling.

summoning Xin. Alyia suppressed a soft smile as he rushed off at the suggestion that he look for perri an offer what help he could to the small dragon.

Alyia taking quick stock of her spells, she moved to stand amongst the party.


Posted on 2015-04-17 at 18:09:57.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


Finish The Mission..............

Ulthok realized he’d spoke aloud, fatigue was taking its toll. A slight blush crossed his cheek, ”I’m sorry I was just thinking out loud. I now believe I know how to destroy the magic that makes the castle fly and it is down that hall. But we need to find the Dragon Queen first. Her safe return may help turn the tide of the war, this castle means little now that the Lich is gone. So let’s finish here and go complete our mission. “

As the party gathered the items from their search the mage sorted them and stored them in the bag of holding.

“These swords are from the Githyanki and it is known they will return to hunt them down. I say break them and leave them behind and if they won’t break we should still leave them. They are a beacon directly to us.”

The items gathered from their fallen comrade were brought also, “We know items from our singing friend and if any of you can use the ring of free action or his mighty weapons it will keep Barreel in the fight, if only in our hearts. These potions will be put to good use.”

Gesturing toward the Dwarv’s remains, “Odin has taken his son home and that shell is no longer the warrior that saved us in the map room. If we had the time he might be able to be raised but for now we bid him goodbye.”

Then looking back to the hall, “Peri, it is safe for you, come join me.” When the little creature had join him he opened one of the potions, “Here my friend drink some of this and gain your strength” two thirds of the potion was consumed. Looking down he saw Niamedris and gives the cat the last. … “Now let’s all heal as best we can and go find the White Lady.... Rayne can you heal Lord Cor?” Then pausing he spoke to the enchantress, “ Sirene, your magic is stronger than mine, would you consider carrying the witches eye?”

O.O.C. (According to the character sheet this could cure everyone.
Cor and Roan need the most healing. One Heal to Cor from Rayne and then he can return the favor to Rayne with two cure serious to bring her to full. Sirene has two heal spells left so one on Roan would be good. Cor doing a cure crit on Lothor brings him to one short of fullly healed. One cure crit from Sirene and lay on hands from Cor would fix Weaver. Sirene casting one cure serious on herself and Cor laying on hands tops her off. Cor could then make the rounds of laying on hand and top off Aliya, Ulthok and Lothor. That would get everyone to full.)(The last third of the healing potion should bring the cat back to full health. Ulthok and the cat have a teasing relationship so it is natural he would help the cat. See the story line from the magic mountain and trying to enter the castle there.)


Posted on 2015-04-17 at 22:38:49.
Edited on 2015-04-18 at 11:00:13 by Odyson

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Act of Love

Roan Fenstrider looked about at the carnage left in the wake of their victory as he retrieved his fallen weapon, restoring the balance of future battle with both Rime and Reason in his possession.

Then his eyes fell upon the inert form of the fallen ferret as Rayne ministered healing to the one yet alive, then watched the mobilized ferret nuzzle its dead twin, before returning to its mistress.

But it was the 'Heart Cry' from the Lady Elf that had captured his own heart, that would haunt the Ranger/Cleric until his dying day, if he turned his back upon this creature to save his aid in case one of his battle comrades were to suffer the same fate as the fallen ferret.

He would not be able to look her in her eyes and profess his love ever again, especially if none of his battle comrades were to die this day, if he left the fallen ferret upon the cold stone floor of the castle.

Without further thought, the Ranger/Cleric strode with purpose to the lifeless form of the fallen ferret, gently picking up and cradling the small creature in his muscled arms, as Roan called upon Odin to bring life back into this little one.

((OOC: Roan casts Raise Dead upon the fallen ferret as he slowly walks to the side of the Lady Elf Rayne who has captured his heart in the heat of battle!))


Posted on 2015-04-18 at 10:41:43.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1253 Posts


But which witch?

"Sirene, your magic is stronger than mine. Would you consider carrying the witch's eye?"

Ulthok's words curved her lips in a knowing smile. Mortals hurled the word witch at what they feared and could not understand. Through the passage of the ages, men had called her a witch. Few understood the esoteric power wielded by the women of the Old Religion, and what men did not understand they feared. Walking among the mortals, Sirene had worn the title of witch as a badge of honor. A fey priestess was bound to honor and mystery, but a witch could do what she must.

Sirene spoke not a word of this, instead she placed a hand on the halfling's shoulder and smiled, "We all must do what we can, my friend."

She let her cerulean gaze wash over Ulthok a moment longer before turning her full attention to the bloody eye that lay on the floor. Even in death the vile woman haunted them. The thing pulsated with magic and the elf feared to walk with it in the dark. There were powerful magics that could reveal the long history of the eye, but there was hardly time to call forth that kind of power. Instead she would have to place her trust in a minor enchantment.

With a slow exhale, Sirene reached out her hand just above the abandoned eye and began to chant softly. Ancient words spilled from her lips to echo with power. Spinning that power into a single thread, the enchantress began to seek an answer.

((OOC: Casts Identify on Dark Whisper's eye))


Posted on 2015-04-19 at 09:36:16.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


A gentle hand

The battle over, the magical githyanki weapons too strong to break thrown into a corner and the other magical items including Dark Whispers eye safely stored the party discussed what to do next. Ulthok the most vocal of them sought to pursuing the fate of Valene and the captured Dragon Queen. Almost unnoticed Weaver moved to stand beside Roan as he bent to pick up Rayne’s dead ferret. As the Ranger/Cleric prepared to cast Raise Dead on the body, he gently placed his hand over the Human’s thus stopping the casting. Shaking his head in a gesture of no, his soft melodious, yet firm voice, though directed at Roan, cut through the groups conversation.

“Roan I know the Ferret was a good companion to the lady Rayne and I grieve for its passing, but we must save what we have in magic to raise the fallen for us. I know that sounds selfish, harsh and cruel, but though we have won this fight the Lich Queen is not dead, only fled. Somewhere in this castle her refuge, her phylactery, is hidden and that is where she is now, regaining her strength and a new form. Time is no friend to us right now.”

Turning to the rest of the party he continued to speak.

“Ulthok, Everyone, I know we all fear for Valene, but we have a mission. Listen closely, can you not still hear the sound, feel the pounding of the ballista still firing upon the fortress below? We need to think of the bigger reality, that we are very likely the only team left. Put emotion aside and think, if we fail, this flying heap of githyanki s***, with or without its queen, will destroy Craggen Core. The vast army of evil at the gates will rush through conquering Trilogy, leaving it a barren wasteland full of the dead. Is Valene and this Dragon Queen really worth the cost of that? I know she means the world to you so as your friend I will seek her out while you continue the mission, as you of all of us, knows best what lies ahead.”

Without further word The Ranger/Bard gathered his gear and moved back out into the hallway. His new quest to find Valene and rescue her before the castle was destroyed......


Posted on 2015-04-19 at 20:45:51.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2277 Posts


A loss, another loss, some boots and a question

Lothor listened as Weaver gave his speech about finishing the quest. He was surprised to see the Ranger leave the group and head out into the hallway. Splitting the group was rarely a good idea, but in this case it made some sense. He was taking a huge risk by heading out alone, and Lothor watched with quiet respect as he moved off. To take a risk like travelling this fortress without support in order to allow the group to push forward was an honorable choice. He only hoped he could do as well.

Bareel had also done his part for the mission. The dwarf’s body lay before them. Losing a comrade was always hard and Bareel had been a good one, if a bit dramatic at times. A full body charge from that armor was not fun. He smiled as he envisioned Dark Whisper impaled by the dwarf on his back. Dangerous things, dwarves. And now they needed to deal with his body. He was loathe to leave it behind. But the mission needed to move on. If Weaver was willing to risk a solo search of the castle, Bareel might also be called on for one last sacrifice. And Lothor would have to understand.

“I think someone mentioned cremating all of the bodies. That sounds like a good idea. And it would solve the problem of Bareel. I hate to leave him behind, even in this condition, but giving him a worthy send-off would be good. But if it is too happen it must be fast. I can hear that ballista, and others suffer for our lack of speed. So a cremation or a burial chamber, it must come quickly.” He spoke his thoughts aloud to the group, saddened but convinced of the need for speed. “Besides,” he added with a look at Ulthok, “the more we move the better the chance that we find the Valene and the Dragon Queen.”

“We need to take all of Bareel’s gear. At least the magic stuff – as much as we can it should go into the bag of holding. And that coagulation powder could be helpful, to say nothing of the potions and elixir. The boots and the ring – striding and springing and free action.” He sighed, a bit surprised he was about to request more magic. “If no one else can use them, I can. I have no love of magic, but avoiding the dangers of being held and quick movement are surely valuable things for all. Anyone?”

So saying he moved over to Bareel’s body and removed the life giving goods from his pouches and pack, holding them up for others to take. “We must move quickly,” he said again, and with a look towards the spell casters added, “where to?”


Posted on 2015-04-19 at 23:56:41.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Sullen Nod

“Roan I know the Ferret was a good companion to the lady Rayne and I grieve for its passing, but we must save what we have in magic to raise the fallen for us. I know that sounds selfish, harsh and cruel, but though we have won this fight the Lich Queen is not dead, only fled. Somewhere in this castle her refuge, her phylactery, is hidden and that is where she is now, regaining her strength and a new form. Time is no friend to us right now.”
These words of wisdom from Weaver, following the gentle placing of his hand upon Roan that prevented the Raise Dead spell from being cast upon the fallen ferret, were of small comfort.

Roan merely responded with a sullen nod, refusing to return Rayne’s companion to the cold stone floor.

Instead he gently cradled the creature in his muscular arms, holding it close, refusing to leave it behind.

He looked over in the direction of Rayne, unable to conceal the hurt on his face at her loss, speaking softly with tears in his eyes:

"My Lady Rayne. I will lay your companion to rest ... with Barreel."

Then, after composing himself, he approached Sirene with a personal request:

"Sirene. If you would be so kind, please cast a Heal spell upon me? I need my full strength for the battles that are yet to come!"

((OOC: Awaits Response before proceeding))
The voice of Lothor addressing the Party caused the Ranger/Cleric to draw nearer to the Human Fighter:

“I think someone mentioned cremating all of the bodies. That sounds like a good idea. And it would solve the problem of Bareel. I hate to leave him behind, even in this condition, but giving him a worthy send-off would be good. But if it is too happen it must be fast. I can hear that ballista, and others suffer for our lack of speed. So a cremation or a burial chamber, it must come quickly.” He spoke his thoughts aloud to the group, saddened but convinced of the need for speed. “Besides,” he added with a look at Ulthok, “the more we move the better the chance that we find the Valene and the Dragon Queen.”

“We need to take all of Bareel’s gear. At least the magic stuff – as much as we can it should go into the bag of holding. And that coagulation powder could be helpful, to say nothing of the potions and elixir. The boots and the ring – striding and springing and free action.” He sighed, a bit surprised he was about to request more magic. “If no one else can use them, I can. I have no love of magic, but avoiding the dangers of being held and quick movement are surely valuable things for all. Anyone?”

So saying he moved over to Bareel’s body and removed the life giving goods from his pouches and pack, holding them up for others to take. “We must move quickly,” he said again, and with a look towards the spell casters added, “where to?”

Roan spoke up immediately:

"Speaking of Barreel, if Lord Cor does not claim his weapons and armor, I would be honored to carry his +2 Dwarven Thrower (Warhammer) and Spiked Medium Shield.

"Should Odin grant me the ability to somehow wear his +2 Field Plate Armor over my +3 Elven Chainmail of Elemental Resistance, as a Dwarven War Vest, then I would be honored to do so!

((OOC: Depends upon Tann allowing or not))
"Lothor could honor Bareel by wearing both his Ring of Free Action and Boots of Striding & Springing, if no one else objects?

"Also, if I may, please allow the Powder of Coagulation to be given to Lady Rayne. I would also ask for one Potion of Healing for both myself and Lady Rayne; plus one Elixir of Health for both myself and Lady Rayne, if no one else objects?

"Someone should claim Barreel’s Rope, 3 Torches, Flint & Steel and Whetstone. I will carry them if no one else wants them!

"I also suggest we share the Meat and Bread in honor of Bareel, to give us sustenance for the coming battles that are yet to be!"

((OOC: Roan awaits appropriate responses to his suggestions and requests, continuing to gently cradle Rayne's dead ferret, until such time as he is allowed to place the ferret in a 'final resting place' with Barreel!))


Posted on 2015-04-20 at 14:14:10.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


For The Core.............

Roan and Lothor showed their knowledge of survival by Their interest in items that had belonged to Barreel. There is no dishonor in using the items from a fallen comrade to benefit the remaining party. So with the armor and hammers going with Roan and the rope, 3 Torches, Flint & Steel and Whetstone, ring, boots going to Lothor Ulthok sheathed sharp heads with the leather pack placing the Battleaxe and the healing powder, potion and elixir in the bag of holding.

While the mage was distracted stowing the gear he barely heard Weaver comment. “Ulthok, Everyone, I know we all fear for Valene, but we have a mission. Listen closely, can you not still hear the sound, feel the pounding of the ballista still firing upon the fortress below? We need to think of the bigger reality, that we are very likely the only team left. Put emotion aside and think, if we fail, this flying heap of githyanki s***, with or without its queen, will destroy Craggen Core. The vast army of evil at the gates will rush through conquering Trilogy, leaving it a barren wasteland full of the dead. Is Valene and this Dragon Queen really worth the cost of that? I know she means the world to you so as your friend I will seek her out while you continue the mission, as you of all of us, knows best what lies ahead.”
In the silent pause the mage indeed heard ballista’s again, the loss of the Lich did not disperse the enemy.

Ulthok had come understand that there was wisdom and depth to this crazy bard that few would see. The words struck hard. The truth in that his mission was to stop this flying weapon. So as the Ranger/Bard gathered his gear and moved back out into the hallway Ulthok resolved to fulfill his duty to the people of Craggen Core and those that given their last measure in the quest. The mage then explained to the party about the huge gem in the room down the hall. He told them of how its power must be so strong that it floods into the hall and enhanced his magic items and spells. Down that hall was what they sought but to destroy it may seal their doom for there may be no escape from these bowels of the castle before it crashed to the ground.

Passing out the beard and meat that was carried by Dwarven Warrior, “Besides healing our wounds we need to regain our strength.” He passed the skin of Ale. It returned to him and he took a deep draught. When the party had finished he placed the skin with the remains and in as deep a voice as he could create Ulthok left Barreel with his final lament.

We sing the song
Of battles won
Of warriors strong
When duty's done
Who'll lift their ales and clammor HO!
Shout louder lads
***DEATH FROM BELOW***

Slipping the magic gem from Barreel's pocket into his the small thief then lead them into hall to gem room. Ulthok hoped this would now give him three chances to destroy the power.

(O.O.C., Ulthok now has his gem, Amara's gem and Barreel's gem.)(Update: If Roan doesn't take the spiked armor then Ulthok will decide to leave it behind. It is too difficult to pad to keep it for damaging the bag of holding.)


Posted on 2015-04-24 at 21:18:56.
Edited on 2015-05-10 at 10:37:05 by Odyson

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2183 Posts


The fallen

Cor drew his warhammer which was his holy symbol as a knight-cleric of Odin. Touching it lightly to the head of Barreel he offered a prayer to Odin to guide the fallen warrior home. Then he did the same for the ferret asking that Odin find a place for such a valiant creature in the halls of Valhalla. "They gave their lives in support of our quest, let us not make them count. We must move on an finish our mission." Cor's eyes were hard and he was focused on what lay ahead.


Posted on 2015-04-25 at 08:34:00.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1253 Posts


To Heal and to go on

Sirene stood in silence as Weaver went off on his own to seek Valene and the Dragon Queen. The weight of the ages seemed to press upon him as he padded down the hallway. Of all those she travelled with, it had been the wizened bard that she held most closely. Centuries of life had made him an outsider in a way much like those who walked the ancient path. He had gone by Maggot when she first stepped among these companions and she had been surprised to find so much ancient knowledge in a half elf. Over their many journeys that knowledge had proved true and Sirene had come to trust him with her life. Now he left and it was unlikely that they would ever meet again. Slowly she raised her palms upward in the ancient elven gesture of farewell and stood as witness until Weaver's form disappeared. She would miss him.

"Sirene," the ring of Roan's deep baritone pulled the priestess from her reverie and she turned to face him. "If you would be so kind, please cast a heal spell upon me. I need my full strength for the battles that are yet to come."

Cocking her head to the side, Sirene regarded the warrior priest for a moment. While there was not full enmity between Odin's clergy and the ecstatic cult of the Great Goddess, there was little love lost between them. She had never imagined that a priest of Odin would petition a witch for healing. In the end it did not matter, for they stood together on this quest.

"You ask for healing," Sirene spoke as she lay her hands upon the man's shoulders, "and the Great Goddess answers."

A torrent of power rushed through her, threatening to overwhelm all that she was. It was a mere trickle of the Goddess, but within it danced creation and destruction. It was the power to heal and also to kill. Pulsing with this divine ecstasy, Sirene lay her lips upon Roan's. At once that raging flood poured out of her to course through him. She could feel his body tense as the force of life knit together flesh and even bone.

Sagging a moment as the power left her, Sirene watched Roan return to the rhythms of total health. Another few breaths and she turned from him to join the others as they made ready.

They stood before Bareel, as they once again bid another farewell. She left the Dwarven death rites to Cor and instead stood beside Ulthok to lay a slender hand on shoulder.

"Death from below." Her silver voice echoed that of the halfling.

This vile place had already claimed too many of them, it was high time they brought it to its knees. She stood ready. It was high time to end this.

((OOC: Casts Heal on Roan))


Posted on 2015-04-26 at 18:30:04.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6260 Posts


Hi ho Hi ho off to see the Ice you go

The party having said good bye to a fallen friend, dealing with his body and gear, and wishing Weaver good luck in finding another friend, turned to their next task. With Ulthok in the lead they followed the Halfling Thief/Mage down the long slanted hallway he had come from. As they reached its end all could now see that it was as Ulthok had claimed, the doorway blocked by a huge block of thick ice. The question now, how to melt the ice without flooding the hallway and thus drowning the party.

The angle of the descending hallway and the huge size of the ice easily making for a possibly flash flood effect and not to be taken lightly..........


Posted on 2015-04-26 at 18:30:32.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2183 Posts


ice

"If we want ta get past without melting it then perhaps some axe work is in order." Cor waited to see if the others had a better idea.


Posted on 2015-04-28 at 09:56:16.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6068 Posts


Crushed Ice...........

Ulthok lead the party back down the hall to the gem room. About 60 yards up the hall,from the doorway the mage stopped the party. “I'm going to cast Shatter. It will center about 3 feet inside the doorway in the ice. Seeing that ice is a crystal of water it may work to break the ice into chunks that can be more easily moved or melted. The amplified magic could actually pulverize the ice. Stand back and be ready to shield yourself in case it bows back this way.” Uttering the words he sent the spell into the ice.


Posted on 2015-05-02 at 19:21:06.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Rayne felt her heart drop as she saw both ferrets bashed against the wall, and still lying motionless. One showed sign of life. Acting quickly, she used the damaged Audriel's Blood to cast 2 casts of cure light wounds on it. Feeling some relief as it recovered, the death of its twin laid on her mind. She had brought them into this fight, and their minds had quickly been overpowered. She bit the her bottom lip. This was no time to mourn. They had lost so much already. Once this was completed, Rayne would have time.

Roan strode quickly over the the fallen ferret. Swiftly scooping it up he began to cast Raise Dead on it. Before Rayne had any time to react, Weaver came up. He was able to convince Roan to save his spell for later, as the lich was still alive and a threat.

Placing her hand on Roan's shoulder, Rayne softly added, "He's right Roan.

"My Lady Rayne. I will lay your companion to rest ... with Barreel."
Rayne nodded, barely holding back tears in her eyes as she became engulfed with the emotions of the situation. "Yes." She choked out. After a few moments, she composed herself, wiping her eyes clear. She drank a little bit of the mead, and ate a bit of the meat as it came around. With a final ode to Bareel, and her ferret, they prepared to walk out of the room.

"Also, if I may, please allow the Powder of Coagulation to be given to Lady Rayne. I would also ask for one Potion of Healing for both myself and Lady Rayne; plus one Elixir of Health for both myself and Lady Rayne, if no one else objects?
"That would be fine with me," Rayne said. "Spreading out the potions among our party is always helpful." Remembering what had happened to her other ferret, she dismissed the

As they began to head out, Rayne walked up to Cor. "Lord Cor, you look fairly battered. Allow me to heal you." Rayne cast heal on Cor as they began to move up the hallway. Additionally, Rayne drew her small shield, as to be more effective in melee combat. Since Audriel's Blood was completely useless at the moment, as its string was cut in 2, she would have to fight in melee. Not the place she wanted to be, but she would have to make do.

The doorway they next moved to was blocked by a mass of ice. Rayne did not have any spells or equipment that would be particularly effective against it.

Ulthok lead the party back down the hall to the gem room. About 60 yards up the hall,from the doorway the mage stopped the party. “I'm going to cast Shatter. It will center about 3 feet inside the doorway in the ice. Seeing that ice is a crystal of water it may work to break the ice into chunks that can be more easily moved or melted. The amplified magic could actually pulverize the ice. Stand back and be ready to shield yourself in case it bows back this way.” Uttering the words he sent the spell into the ice.
Rayne made sure to leave some distance between herself and the ice. Her small shield wouldn't be too effective if it did explode towards them, but she'd be ready to take cover if it did.

(OOC: Rayne casts heal on Cor, and takes potions and the ring. If I missed anything/messed up on anything, let me know)


Posted on 2015-05-03 at 12:02:45.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.