The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4005 registered users. Our newest member is Karack.
Online members: Eol Fefalas, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Nomad D2)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1276 Posts


To think of the past

An arcane torrent swirled around her, pulling all from one place to another. When the blinding light cleared, they found themselves at a crossroads. In the distance was the city of Ara-Kari, there was no telling whether its walls held friend or foe.

As the wind tussled her dark curls, Siréne sent her mind to work out the puzzle of Ara-Kari. She would not be going anywhere until she found answers to her questions.

((OOC: Drawing on the Ancient History Proficiency))


Posted on 2015-11-01 at 11:58:46.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6192 Posts


That'a way......

The party was used to going on with a loose plan so when they appeared outside what Allanan had alluded to as Ara-Kari instead of the tower it was not a surprise. Ulthok had to assume that Allanan had only been to the island next to Cyclop's island. This field was a place that Allanan knew well enough to send them without error so there was something important about this area. The party could see the outline of the city, but there was also single large structure off to their right. Could this have been where Allanan had spent his time? Besides finding way to get to Cyclops island there could be useful information there.
The Halfling saw Roan and Rayne start to scout the area.

"When our rangers return we need to move. I think we should investage that Castle. Allanan sent us to this field because he knew it, there may be answers in there that Castle can help us in the city,. We need to know more of why this city isn't over run and controlled by Cirath Ungol." Ulthok looked to Cor to see if felt the same.


Posted on 2015-11-01 at 21:16:18.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


No sightseeing

"What we need to find is nae in the castle or the town. Our path leads to the isle and for that we need a boat. We can try the docks or try to find a solitary fishing boat along the coast. Docks seem a better bet to find a boat but harder ta borrow one."


Posted on 2015-11-01 at 21:48:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Days of past, future and history

With the party undecided whether to seek out a means of getting to Cyclops island at the town, castle or in the words of Cor directly to a source, a dock.
The parties two rangers decided to commence a quick search of the area to gain any information, what they found was interesting.

Though the path was made of stone and gravel both Rangers saw that there was a well worn pair of threads running down the center as that made as if from wagon wheels. Along the paths edges they also could see the recent bare foot prints of large creatures, clearly humanoid in nature, most likely that of giants. However no sign's of any real vegetation or that of other animals were visible.

As the Rangers did their thing Sirene did hers delving into her knowledge of the ancient past. From what she could remember Ara-Kari had once been a well know pirate haven ruled by who was unknown. Some rumors said a demon other tales told of dark skinned elves and another spoke of some form of god yet the truth of things was hidden. What was clear that some time after the end of the 2nd Trilogy War, this war, the city was destroyed. The exact year again unknown in the fog of the past.

As the party waited for the Rangers return and anything from Sirene the party suddenly could hear coming around a bend behind them the noise of wagon wheels and feet. Quickly seeking what little cover was available the party just barely was able to hide. In only a few minutes the party watched as 3 wagons and six giants, all in heavy armor, moved past them. Driving each wagon the party could see were a pair of dwarves, like the giants in heavy well made armor. The wagons themselves pulled by a pair of pale blue golems unlike seen on the mainland, at least in the party's time. The wagons themselves made of heavy oak and iron were clearly weighed down, their cargo hidden by tarps. However as the wagons passed the parties hiding place a loose flap revealed within a pile of pale bluish stone. Cor being a dwarf knew it for what it was, Mithral.

Within a matter of ten minutes the wagons, dwarves and giants were past headed where for the moment unknown. The party alone once more alone to ponder their next move.

(DM OOC: Ok here is my day late post I hope it helps you to decide what to do next, Castle, City or Coast. Good luck.)


Posted on 2015-11-02 at 22:57:51.
Edited on 2015-11-02 at 22:58:31 by TannTalas

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Species Enemy

Within a matter of ten minutes the wagons, dwarves and giants were past headed where for the moment unknown. The party alone once more alone to ponder their next move.
Roan Fenstrider felt his nostrils flare and eyes glare as his Species Enemy, six Giants, passed his hiding place on the way to an as yet unknown destination.

Motioning to Rayne, the Human Ranger/Cleric followed the wagons from a safe distance, making sure he was both down-wind and out of ear shot from the Giants and their companions.

Roan knew both the Giant and Dwarven tongues, so he was intent upon ascertaining the destination of the wagons and Giants, whether it be City or Castle.

Once their destination was determined, he planned to report back to the rest of the Party.

Meanwhile, he would continue acting as though he were hunting game, in case he was discovered.


Posted on 2015-11-04 at 22:28:41.
Edited on 2015-11-04 at 22:29:24 by Hammer

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Sneaking, sneaking, sneaking...

As the party waited for the Rangers return and anything from Sirene the party suddenly could hear coming around a bend behind them the noise of wagon wheels and feet. Quickly seeking what little cover was available the party just barely was able to hide. In only a few minutes the party watched as 3 wagons and six giants, all in heavy armor, moved past them. Driving each wagon the party could see were a pair of dwarves, like the giants in heavy well made armor. The wagons themselves pulled by a pair of pale blue golems unlike seen on the mainland, at least in the party's time. The wagons themselves made of heavy oak and iron were clearly weighed down, their cargo hidden by tarps. However as the wagons passed the parties hiding place a loose flap revealed within a pile of pale bluish stone. Cor being a dwarf knew it for what it was, Mithral.
As the clattering sound on wooden wheels on a road became audible, Rayne moved as quickly as possible to the nearest cover. Keeping as concealed as possible, she quickly scanned the carriage. The 2 pale blue golems were like nothing she had seen from her time. They were massive. There were also giants, and dwarves with them. Holding her breath, though the creatures most likely couldn't hear her anyways, she watched them pass.

Motioning to Rayne, the Human Ranger/Cleric followed the wagons from a safe distance, making sure he was both down-wind and out of ear shot from the Giants and their companions.
Following Roan, Rayne did her best to keep something between the road and her; if someone else, like another wagon, came along the road, she wanted something to duck behind if something did come along. As well as keeping pace with Roan behind the wagon, Rayne kept a look out for anything else of note.


Posted on 2015-11-07 at 21:57:30.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6192 Posts


Hiho, hiho..........

Ulthok had stated his case to take the path to investigate the castle to their right. But Cor, in his way, felt they should just find a boat. "What we need to find is nae in the castle or the town. Our path leads to the isle and for that we need a boat. We can try the docks or try to find a solitary fishing boat along the coast. Docks seem a better bet to find a boat but harder ta borrow one."
The mage shrugged," Well if we start with that Castle then we may find a boat less guarded. If not we could then check the shore line as we work toward the city." But before anyone could answer they all heard the sound of heavy laden wagons crunching the dirt and stones of the trail. The party quickly sought cover. Ulthok and Peri vanished from sight.

From their hiding places the party watched as six giants, all in heavy armor, guarded three wagons moving past them. Driving each wagon was a pair of dwarves, like the giants in heavy armor as well. The wagons themselves were pulled by a pair of pale blue golems unlike any seen on the mainland, at least in the party's time. The wagons, made of heavy oak and iron, were clearly weighed down, their cargo hidden by tarps. However as the wagons passed the party's hiding place a loose flap revealed within a pile of pale bluish stone. The wagons moved slowly taking about ten minutes to pass out of sight. This was reasonably the answer to the pair of ruts in the trail.

When the party gathered again Ulthok said, "Those wagon will lead to where boats are docked. This is a mining road and that ore would be sent somewhere for processing. Those Dwarvs may or may not be friendly but at least they aren't Orcs. I say we follow and take our chances with Dwarvs instead of pirates."



Posted on 2015-11-08 at 11:01:54.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2390 Posts


What are we after?

Lothor joined the rest of the group in hiding while the carts and their entourage passed by. He made sure as he did so that he was watching behind them - and back up the path from which the strangers had come. With all eyes likely following the group as it passed, he wanted to be sure that someone was looking the other way. This didn't smell like a trap, but it wouldn't be the first or last group to have a straggler bringing up the rear.

After the group passed the warrior kept his eyes on the path behind them, but participated in the discussion. "Dwarves? It is not just the dwarves we would need to deal with if we follow the carts. For mining carts they are extremely well guarded, especially if those golems are more than just oddly shaped ponies. Still, Ulthok seems right. Those carts are likely headed towards a boat. Let us follow the carts at a distance."


Posted on 2015-11-08 at 13:11:04.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1276 Posts


To follow

Siréne watched the wagons go off into the distance and nodded in agreement. She did not relish the thought of facing golems, but that seemed the only obvious danger. Friend or foe, these dwarves were guarding their wagon, not seeking to ensnare a host of time travelers.

"If we must follow the wagons then let it be," Siréne spoke, addressing Ulthok and then the others. "But we must tread with caution. Let us move in secrecy and silence."

With those words, she awoke the magic in one of her rings and vanished from sight.

((Using Invisibility from Ring of Elemental Command))


Posted on 2015-11-08 at 14:25:35.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


waves of emotion or just grass


Alyia's hands instinctively went to her sword hilt under her cloak, as the wagon an giants past. After being in an almost constant state of battle, the spell she half brought to her lips quelled as she realized the other were finding cover.

crouching low in a small dip beside a tiny scrub bush which was more dried twig then bush. Alyia noted that it felt empty to simply sit an watch the giants lumber past skirting the wagon.

Alyia's eyes were fixated on the large blue golems her mind racing over the spells an magic which the creatures would have been conjured for an from.

As the wagon's passed Alyia eeked out from her respective cover an odd air of relief an a mix of anti-climatic tension balled in the pit of her stomach.


In a second Sirene vanished from sight.

Alyia pulled a small piece if dried an pressed ration meat from her pack she chewed on it a moment. an with a sigh hefted her pack making sure her cloak kept it well covered.

The golome's pricking at the back of her mind.


Posted on 2015-11-08 at 17:09:47.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


.

Cor watched the wagons pass and saw the metal ore they contained. A part of him heard the call of the mithril. "We could follow the wagons but that would lead us to large cargo ships that are heavily guarded. Not exactly what we are looking to find. It pains me ta say that stealth is more important now than force."


Posted on 2015-11-09 at 09:14:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Need to know where or what you guys are actually doing LOL

The party still unsure of where to go watched as the 3 wagons and their crews moved past. Deciding that they needed more information they quietly followed the wagons as they moved further East. However within the span of ten minutes the party could see that the path before the wagons spilt. One way turning to the North (the city) the second of the twin splits continued to the East (castle).

Finding places to hide, yet still be able to watch the wagons, the party were able to see that two of the wagons and five of the giant guards headed North towards the city. While the third wagon, the one with the loose flap, one giant and the dwarf drivers broke off and headed East. Clearly castle bound.

Once again the question had come to the front.... Castle or City or something else...............

(DM OOC: Ok very short post as you guys really gave me nothing to work with Hoping for a clear plan of action soon)


Posted on 2015-11-09 at 22:58:19.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


.

"Well lads and lasses, make note that today a dwarf says ta leave the mithril alone. Tis interesting but ultimately makes no difference to our job. We need ta find a boat to the island. Lets give the outskirts of the city a look first and see if we can find a small fishing boat." Cor set out towards the village.


Posted on 2015-11-10 at 00:22:44.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6192 Posts


"Well..........?"

Ulthok was fairly amazed to hear Cor say, "Well lads and lasses, make note that today a dwarf says ta leave the mithril alone. Tis interesting but ultimately makes no difference to our job. We need ta find a boat to the island. Lets give the outskirts of the city a look first and see if we can find a small fishing boat." For Dwarv to resist the lure of such a cherished ore spoke his determination on his plan.

As Cor took the trail toward the city Ulthok fell in behind. After a few steps he looked back at the party, "Well?"



Posted on 2015-11-14 at 12:17:02.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

As Roan and Rayne followed the wagons, the rest of the party did as well. Hopefully, the wagons would give them some clue to which direction would be better to go. Unfortunately, the wagons split up in direction: one went to the city. They were back to the initial issue of where to go now.

"Well lads and lasses, make note that today a dwarf says ta leave the mithril alone. Tis interesting but ultimately makes no difference to our job. We need ta find a boat to the island. Lets give the outskirts of the city a look first and see if we can find a small fishing boat." Cor set out towards the village.

As Cor took the trail toward the city Ulthok fell in behind. After a few steps he looked back at the party, "Well?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Rayne followed behind Ulthok and Cor. There was little point sitting around and arguing: after all, they had their own time to get back to.


Posted on 2015-11-15 at 10:29:52.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.