The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1224 Posts


To the city then...

Letting the invisibility vanish, Siréne joined the others as one and all made way to Ara-Kari. It seemed as likely a path as any in this unknown world. It was a boat they needed, and a city of pirates would surely have those to spare. Her instinct was to follow pathways of magic, but without any knowledge of what they faced, a traveling spell could cost them dearly. Caution held her hand.

As they walked along, thoughts of Ara-Kari and its dark history floated through her mind. This place was dying, and it could claim them as easily as any other threat.

"We must tread softly in this," Siréne spoke letting urgency carry her voice. "I may not be able to remember every detail of this city, but Ara-Kari has a dark history. Of that I am certain. Whether it is ruled by demons or men has been lost in the sea of time, but it is a dark place and it is destined to die. We must not be caught in its death throes."

Pausing, the enchantress looked to her companions. "Moreover, It was spoken that we are walking into a city of thieves covered in wealth. Simple logic would tell us to disguise this. I have magics that can deceive and hide. Should we enter this city, it would be wise to walk under a veil of magic."


Posted on 2015-11-15 at 13:28:25.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

"You are right lass, we might just stand out a bit in the city. Powerful as we are, there is danger for us. I'd as soon scout the edge of the city first and see if we can borrow a wee fishing boat before entering the city itself. If we do enter the city your magic disguise will be most helpful."


Posted on 2015-11-15 at 20:53:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


A Mystery of Time

With the party semi-agreed to head towards the city, they quickly moved following the two wagons and their escorts to its outskirts. Branching off the road a half-mile before a single sturdy bridge leading into the city, they moved into the small hills located to their left. With Rayne and Roan leading the party sought a good place to view as much of the city as possible without being seen. Easily finding such a spot the party began its observation of the city. From what they could see of its outskirts and interior streets the city was quite populated by many different races from Dwarf’s to Humans to more Giants to name the most prominent.

However to their surprise they could also see that a number of Orc’s, Goblins, and Kobolds also roamed the city streets. Continuing to watch they also became aware after a few moments that a number of crossbreds from the various races including Half-Orcs, Half-Dwarves and even what appeared to be mutations of each race called this city home.

Yet it was Roan who noticed that of the many races seen within the city, there was not a single Elf, Half-Elf or anything thing resembling an Elf. Whispering to the rest of the party he told them his observation.

“Does anyone see any Elves?”

With each member looking closer, even more disturbing was what appeared to be a number of patrols pairing a Dwarf or Giant with a strange dog like creature the size of a dire wolf. They could easily see that the dogs were both part flesh and part blue metal, the same shade and look as those of the wagon pulling golems. Again this creature was nothing any of the party knew from their place in the future. With this single bridge being the only non-magical entrance to this port and its wharves, the question was now how to infiltrate the city of Ara-Kari without detection.

((OK My new Sunday night post is up hope it helps to give you a better idea of what you can do. Next post next Sunday.))


Posted on 2015-11-16 at 00:04:27.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


more looking

Cor looked at the city and its strange hodge-podge of inhabitants. It was clear that the party would stand out and make sneaking into the city difficult. With the docks being located on the other side of the city there was no good way to reach them without entering the city. "Perhaps we should scout the castle dock before we make a final choice." It was not really a question and Cor began to walk towards the castle, hoping to find a vantage point from which to survey the land.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 10:04:41.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


Trust a Dwarf . . .

. . . to just take off without a discussion.

"Lets go look at the castle," he said. And off Cor went to look at the castle. Such was the way of things when one dealt with Dwarves. And wizards, elves and halflings all had their own little quirks as well. Luckily human warriors weren't prone to such goofy class or racial traits. They were flexible and could go with the flow.

So Lothor just said, "lead on master dwarf" and moved to follow at the back of the pack again. He kept himself busy by constantly watching their surroundings for signs of, well, anything. Scouting the castle seemed like a good idea anyway. He didn't relish a walk through that city.


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 10:34:53.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Options...........

The rangers had done a fine job in find the party a good observations spot to gain some information on the city. The population was much more diverse than they would have expected. Having seen Dwarvs and Giants together with wagons it wasn’t surprising to see more in the city. This pairing of Giant and Dwarv appears to be the main security of this island, but these in the city also had a guard dog. The animal appeared to be a construct, part animal part golem. Who knows what type of enhanced senses this animal may have. The party may have great difficulty blending in and staying unnoticed. As they continued watch other odd sighting added to the mystery. Crossbreds of Half-Orc and Half-Dwarv casually walked the streets. To that they saw among the Humans were Orcs, Goblins and Kobolds. The reaction of the street people to the security patrols showed that this force must be very effective.

Of all, what wasn’t seen was quite curious, no Elves or Half-Elves. Sirene and Alyia will be obvious walking the streets. There may be a reason for no Elvenkind and it may not be good for them. He party needs to consider all their option.

As if Cor had read his thoughts he heard the Dwarv say, Perhaps we should scout the castle dock before we make a final choice." It was not really a question and Cor began to walk towards the castle, hoping to find a vantage point from which to survey the land.
“My thoughts too. We need options.”



Posted on 2015-11-21 at 20:27:37.
Edited on 2015-11-21 at 21:31:35 by Odyson

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

"Nae worry. Once we have checked both the city and the castle we will talk about what our options are. A boat is our biggest need. We night be able ta slip one or two of us in and find a ship. If we get our wizards aboard they could teleport back ta the group and then take us ta the ship. Pretty sure we could overpower most sailing crews."


Posted on 2015-11-21 at 21:14:51.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Scouting...

The party headed towards the city; though, they decided against going directly into the city. Instead, they moved off the road towards two small hills. It would give them vantage inside an unfamiliar city, without exposing themselves.

Laying prone on the ground to minimize her profile, Rayne examined the city. Not only were their humans, dwarves, and giants, there was also kobolds, goblins and orcs. As surprising as that was, everyone seemed to be getting along decently.

“Does anyone see any Elves?”
Though Rayne looked specifically for elves, not one could be found. Instead, the patrols around the city consisted of a dwarf, a giant, and some sort of mithral-enhanced hound. Were their other more sentient creatures who were similar? This city was getting stranger the more they investigated it. Not only had it not been taken over, it also had a large amount of seemingly evil species, and now Mithral being grafted with animals. Maybe this city was aligned in some way with Karza's army?

The party decided to head out and explore the castle. It seems they all had similar feelings on this matter, since they decided to head over to the castle. Pushing her way down the hill a bit, to help minimize the chances of a sentry noticing her, Rayne moved back to the lead of the party. As they headed towards the castle, Rayne said, "If we do go through the town, maybe Lothor, Roan, and Cor should go in without the rest of us? Though I have faith in Sirene's spells to disguise us, Ara-Kari might have some means to see past the spell. The three of you at least sort of fit to the city, and would probably draw less attention than the rest of us."


Posted on 2015-11-22 at 11:50:53.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


The ethics of boat stealing by your local philosophical warrior

"Pretty sure we could overpower most sailing crews."
Lothor glanced at their short leader. Stealing? Well, perhaps it wasn't stealing if you were just borrowing a boat from pirates. But who would they be acquiring the boat from? Lothor didn't really like it when others had legitimate reasons to question his actions. His initial thought had been hiring or buying a boat. Not stealing. But deep down he had always know that a little deftness might be needed in this act. Perhaps he could leave a little money behind on the dock.

But for now they headed to the castle to see what they could see. The golem dogs made him a bit nervous. Something about the seemed dangerous. A guard dogs nose and a golems hide? That might not be fun t run into. What did bring this city to destruction? Maybe a riot that started over trying to catch some boat thieves? He grinned...


Posted on 2015-11-22 at 12:35:26.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Crossing Bridges

Roan had made up his own mind that the City was not the place to go, especially since there was no evidence of Elves in the area and he did not want to separate himself from Rayne.

Instead, the Ranger/Cleric methodically made his way towards the bridge to cross over to the Castle side of the water, in hopes of locating a suitable boat at the dock.

His preference would be to pay for or hire the boat, but his combat experience alerted him to the possibility that they may have to 'borrow' a vessel if there were no other course of action.

He even considered the possibility that the owner of the Castle might have need of hiring the Party to run an 'errand' to the Isle of their quest, but he would cross that bridge when he came to it.


Posted on 2015-11-22 at 14:45:51.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1224 Posts


Where are my people?

Siréne sought though the passing crowds and found not a single elf. There was not even a single one among them with a trace of faery blood. That lack was palpable. There were few places on this earth that could bar the faery folk so completely. It unnerved her to think on what dark power could accomplish such a feat.

Moving close to Rayne, she spoke with purpose,"I fear we are not safe here and, as you say, magic might not conceal us. If we can find a way to the island without entering the city, I say we take it."

With that, Siréne found herself walking alongside the dwarf as they made their way to the docks. If the Goddess was with them, they would find what they need.


Posted on 2015-11-22 at 17:27:21.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

As Cor walked, he remembered the potions in his pack. "We have the flying potions. Perhaps we dunna need a boat. There might not be enough potions for all of us to fly over but if Sirene and Ulthok go they could then return and teleport us all over. Even if it took a day or two to memorize the proper spells it might be safer than trying to get a boat."


Posted on 2015-11-22 at 20:41:15.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Fly like an Eagle or Swim like a fish.

Having watched the activity in the small city of Ara-Kari for the better part of an hour. The party found that with its vigilant patrols, its numbers of normally hostile races and most disturbing, its complete lack of Elves. That checking out the castle and the dock beyond it to the North seemed a safer proposition.

Moving to the East once more they retraced their steps following the road. In a short amount of the time the road turned to the South then once more to the East, this part of the road not yet traveled by the party. As they came around a large hill they at once spotted a second sturdy wooden bridge, like the one crossing into the city. This bridge, longer then the one leading into the city Cor gauged, was about two hundred yards long and easily wide enough to allow the medium sized wagons to pass. However unlike the one leading into the city this bridge was guarded by 3 giants and a pair of the blue metal Golems. The giants armed with swords, large axes, and dressed in armor the same shade of blue as the golems, were very alert. Around them were numerous tepee stacked spears.

The golems though not as large as the giants, were still an imposing sight their bodies all blue metal and jointed for easy movement. Armed with large spiked maces and shields, they stood immobile as if awaiting the command to attack. The party could see that both the far and near sides were bare and open, with no way to approach the bridge without being seen. Quickly retreating back behind the large hill they readied themselves for a fight and waited for any shouts of alarm. However the gods were smiling on them this day as no shouts or running boots on wood were heard.

For the moment the party was yet undiscovered.

((DM OOC: Ok new post as promised. Next post now will not be until Sunday Dec 6th hopefully giving you all enough time to talk amongst yourselves and to have a great Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to you all))


Posted on 2015-11-25 at 18:20:49.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

Cor muttered a muted curse when he caught sight of the giants and golems guarding the bridge. It seemed there would be no sneaking onto the castle grounds. "Well lads and lasses, seems we have a wee conundrum. Shall we try ta sneak into the city, fight our way into the castle or try our luck flying to the island? Powerful as we are, I think it might be bad ta try ta attack a castle with only our small group. Of course if anyone else has an idea speak up."


Posted on 2015-11-26 at 14:16:47.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Westward Ho........

The party had had viewed the city and now chose to see if the risk of the castle might be less. But when they approached bridge needed to cross to reach the castle it was guarded by armored and well armed giants and golems. Ulthok read into this that who ever lived in the castle did not trust those that lived in the city so having a group of strangers show up would not go well.

Knowing they must avoid a conflict with these creatures they quickly once again concealed themselves. Their options just became even more limited. So pulling a pen and parchment the mage duplicated what he could remember from the map they had seen. Having now seen the size of the city and a bit of landscape they might be able judge better the challenge of distance they faced to get to the Cyclops island. They may have to consider a more direct path that didn’t include sailing…perhaps flying?

Finishing his map he consulted to the others. “We should head west to the coast and there plan a way to cross the water by means other than sailing.”

 photo Isle20of20the20Cyclops203_zpsvxipekpc.jpg


Posted on 2015-11-27 at 20:56:34.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.