The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3998 registered users. Our newest member is RedTalon1997.
Online members: breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Common Room - Bug Reports! (posted by t_catt11)Bug Reports!
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Odyson)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Common Room - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Odyson)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1271 Posts


Of course there are golems

Siréne hissed at the sight of the golems as she ducked back into hiding with the others. Their way to the castle was effectively barred and so some other way to Cyclops Island would need to be found. She knew in her bones that entering the city was not one of those options.

Gazing across the land, she could make out the distance. Her elven vision picking out details far off in the horizon. It would be a long journey, one that potions of flying might not make. Yet there were other tricks of magic to get them there. If she learned the place she might be able to take them there without any need for a boat.

"All paths hold risk. The potions of flying might be enough to make the journey, but what if they are not? Do you all wish to risk a watery grave? What of other means of magic? Give me time to learn the place, and I can take us there through the silver paths. It is a risk, for sure, but I have magics to conceal me."

"What say you all?"


Posted on 2015-11-29 at 10:43:14.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1271 Posts


I'm Sailing Away...

It seemed none could decide the course of action. Through the air or the city, or another way. The pitt falls of one path were seen the very moment it was given breath.

Siréne sighed as she looked towards the island. If only they had a boat of their own. At the thought, the light of anticipation flared in her eyes. There was no need to find a boat, she could MAKE a boat.

With a wry smile the enchantress turned to face the group, "If it is a boat we need then it is a boat we shall have. One wrought by magic will be just a good as one built by hands. Now let us be off."

Not waiting for a reply, Siréne turned and made her way toward the lake. Moving with a silent grace, she glided along the hidden passages until she found herself at the water's edge. A rhythmic slapping and salty scent filled the air bringing a smile to her face.

Siréne let her gaze linger on the lake passage as she began to summon the power that was her birthright. The magic of faerie danced through her as she reached deep within dreams to make flesh from desire. Need and will spun the threads of power into a shimmering perfect form. A shimmering white boat with one thousand sails of one thousand colors began to flicker on the lake before them. With every flash it became more and more real, until dream became reality.

The boat of dreams floated before them, tethered to the shore with a rope. Siréne exhaled deeply. It was finally time they were off.

((OOC: Major Creation - Makes a boat. Now let's get to getting!))


Posted on 2015-12-06 at 11:07:12.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


Well, now that was easy

Lothor nearly laughed out loud when he heard the suggestion that they make a boat. Perhaps mages just had so much power and so many spells that they couldn't keep track of it all. While he had always liked his sword, he had never forgotten that he also carried throwing axes. Still, as long as they remember eventually it all worked out.

"Make a boat - an excellent idea. I did spend 6 months as a sailor a few years back, so hopefully we can manage to sail this thing. Let us walk to far side of the island so that we need spend as little time as possible on the water."


Posted on 2015-12-06 at 12:04:47.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Bit of back-posting...

Moving close to Rayne, she spoke with purpose,"I fear we are not safe here and, as you say, magic might not conceal us. If we can find a way to the island without entering the city, I say we take it."
Rayne nodded to Sirene. "I completely agree. I shudder to think of both the why and how Ara'Kari keeps elves out."

The entire party seemed to have come to similar conclusions. Immediately, they began to head to investigate the castle. Perhaps they'd have some better luck there, without having to expose themselves to the town's inhabitants. As they progressed towards the castle, Rayne stayed close to Roan.

Arriving at the castle, the hopes of an easy time getting a boat were dashed at the sight of 2 blue metal golems, and 3 giants. Quickly, the party ducked back behind the hill, somehow avoiding detection. Once there, they again had to decide the next course of action. They seemed to be getting nowhere, when Sirene brought up an idea everyone had missed: make a boat with a spell. They all moved around to the shore closest to the Isle of Cyclops.


Posted on 2015-12-06 at 14:11:45.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6148 Posts


Ok....Plan "C"..........

The party agreed that the castle and the city would not be the best plan. Sirene volunteered that once they reached the coast she would fly to Cyclops Island to learn the land and then come back to teleport the party. For moment it was the best plan yet discussed.

Moving carefully to the northwest the party headed for the coast. Peri aided remaining invisible and flying high enough to guide the party by transferring the sights she saw to Ulthok. As the party drew near the shores Sirene was possessed by a new thought. With a wry smile the enchantress turned to face the group, "If it is a boat we need then it is a boat we shall have. One wrought by magic will be just a good as one built by hands. Now let us be off."
“A boat made from magic?”The thought struck Ulthok like a bop on the head. The mage remembered that he too could have made them a boat with the Scroll of Creation that he carried.

Reaching the coast Sirene set to her task and cast a spell of Major Creation. The magic of faerie danced through her as she reached deep within dreams to make flesh from desire. Need and will spun the threads of power into a shimmering perfect form. A shimmering white boat with one thousand sails of one thousand colors began to flicker on the lake before them. With every flash it became more and more real, until dream became reality. The boat of dreams floated before them, tethered to the shore with a rope. Siréne exhaled deeply. It was finally time they were off.
As the party boarded and shoved off Ulthok turned to Lothor, ”Well I suspect we appoint you as Ship’s Master seeing you are the only of us with actual sailing experience. But we can row for now until you help us gain skill with the sail. Who knows what may yet aid our trip.”

Peri took a perch on the mast as if declaring she was the look out.



Posted on 2015-12-06 at 20:49:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


.

Cor shook his head. "Well a fine lot we are traipsing around looking for boat when we had ones the whole time. Guys we should get ta sailing." Cor found a spot where he could chum the fish in peace if necessary. Boats and dwarves were not a happy mix.


Posted on 2015-12-07 at 16:28:04.

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


open water...weee

Alyia watched the golems solemnly here eyes raking over them for the smallest detail. runes? etchings? magic binding markers?

half listing to the group discuss their means of travel.
trailing after the group Alyia was again impressed at the parties level of skill.

As well as Siréne true to her elven nature the attention to detail an craftsmanship as the boat quickly appeared before them.

Once aboard Alyia quickly found a seating out of the way an pulled her knitting focusing on the stitches she sighed trying to half meditate quelling the anxiety an sense of dread swirling with in her.


Posted on 2015-12-10 at 00:39:28.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6148 Posts


Aye Matey..........

As the party settled into seats on the boat Ulthok once again pulled out he rough drawn map. "If the map I saw was close to scale then the distance we walked is not too much different then what we need to sail if we could cross direct to the closest shore. Lothor if you can guide us more north by nortwest then even if we miss the island we find one the other north of it. I'd guess that rowing will move us slower than how fast we walked. If your sense of direction is good then maybe if we can get that sail rigged and man the tiller we can make better time......I'll have Peri fly up to keep watch. Once this island drops out of sight behind us the other should start coming into view. She'll need to come back to rest from time to time."

Looking around and seeing everyone getting comfortable for thier voyage, "Well man.. do we row or sail, your crew seems a bit relaxed at the moment."


Posted on 2015-12-10 at 19:25:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6369 Posts


Oh Oh chungo!!

With the only way to the castle clearly guarded the party moved away from it to discuss it’s options. With no way to gain a boat at either the town docks or the castle’s they found the choices before them slim. As all discussed what to do next Sirene finally realized all the worry of gaining a boat was for naught, she had, had the answer all along.

With a wry smile the enchantress turned to face the group, "If it is a boat we need then it is a boat we shall have. One wrought by magic will be just a good as one built by hands. Now let us be off."

And with that the it was settled as the party made their way West. Following the road, yet not on it, they traveled for 4 hours and slowly begin to hear the sounds of work. With a cautious approach they climbed a small hill to find below them in a large depression a mine. With Dwarf drivers and Golem guards and a number of slowly filling wagons, clearly this was the Mithral mine. As they watched a number of chained humans, ten by a quick count, exited the mine carrying bags or moving wheel barrows full of blue ore. They were led by two large orc's grunting and screaming at the chained bodies to move faster.

As the chained humans turned to reenter the mine, a second chained group exited. However unlike the first group this chained group of fifteen was made up entirely of Elves! Even more disturbing were the two leading them with cracks of a whip and kicks of a boot. Though with their pointed ears and child like faces clearly also Elves, the party reeled in surprise, for these two Elves were totally black of skin!

Before the party stood two creatures out of legend and rumor. Of tall tales and fantasy, of tales told at bed time to scare the children to sleep. For below the party at the entrance to the Mithral mine, stood two Drow!


(DM OOC: Ok I know you all posted that you reached the coast but I stopped the party’s travel because of the reveal of the Drow mine keepers and your reaction to discovering them. Feel free to back post.

Ok sorry for my absence on the inn these last 2 weeks RL, she can be a bitch. Ok my last post of 2015 will be next week the 20th then a 2 week holiday break then my first of 2016 post on Sunday Jan 3rd.)



Posted on 2015-12-13 at 23:05:54.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


What is mine is mine

Cor took in the sight of the mine. It was obvious that mithril ore was being gathered. As if that was no enough, he caught sight of the first elves, Drow elves. At any other time the sight of a mithril mine and the evil Drow would be a call to arms for a dwarf. However, the old knight-cleric knew when discretion was needed. "Well lads and lasses, there lies a most interesting sight. Part of me would love nothing more than ta bash a few Drow skulls and gather mithril ore. But, we have a mission that is more important than such fun. I believe we should give this mine a wide berth and continue to the island."


Posted on 2015-12-15 at 00:07:49.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Continuing to take the lead, as she had previously done, Rayne was the vanguard. Continuously scanning the area around them, she waited for someone, or something, to attack the. So far, nothing of the sort occured. They had been proceeding almost perfectly without a single interruption so far.

As they cautiously climbed a hill, they came across a depression mine. Chained humans, watched by golem and dwarf guards, brought bags and wheelbarrows out of the mine. They were chained up, and were obviously slaves. Rayne clenched her teeth. Slavery was something no one should have to endure. Then, came the elves. It was probably a good thing that she had not entered the city, as these elves were the first ones they'd seen here. Worse, they were led by Drow. Rayne's fingers dug into her palms. But she both would not and could not attack them: they had a mission to continue on.

"Well lads and lasses, there lies a most interesting sight. Part of me would love nothing more than ta bash a few Drow skulls and gather mithril ore. But, we have a mission that is more important than such fun. I believe we should give this mine a wide berth and continue to the island."
Dragging her eyes off of the scene, Rayne reluctantly agreed. "As much as I'd like to free those slaves, we must go forward. We shouldn't go to the Isle of the Cyclops at anything but completely effective." Giving one last look over her shoulder at the mine, Rayne began to move back down the hill away from the mine.


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 15:04:02.
Edited on 2015-12-20 at 15:04:46 by SirSadaar

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1271 Posts


Now let my people go

An almost blinding rage filled Siréne and threatened to sear through her very being. There was an ancient enmity between the elves of faerie and their twisted drow cousins, that called for blood. To see this bondage of the people by their most hated enemy was more than the enchantress could bear.

What tortures would they know at Drow hands? What pains? Would the passage of the centuries so drive them all mad?

Already she felt the hand of the Great Goddess moving through her and with it all the rage of the heavens. With this power coursing through her she could destroy them all. Retribution called to her with the pulsing drum of war and she reached out a hand to answer.

Breathe.
This was no call she could answer, to act now, to free them would send ripples through time that would surely change the face of history. She could do nothing but watch helplessly as the dark elves chained and tortured her people. The fate that would swallow the city of Ara Kari would have to be vengeance enough.

And so, she let the breath of life fill her, clinging to the serenity of a priestess with every bit of her being. She would not break, she would not let emotion shatter the flow of history. Still, she would not look away, her cerulean eyes blazing with rage and hate.

To her side, she heard the gravelly voice of Cor, "Well lads and lasses, there lies a most interesting sight. Part of me would love nothing more than ta bash a few Drow skulls and gather mithril ore. But, we have a mission that is more important than such fun. I believe we should give this mine a wide berth and continue to the island."

A new rage sparked within her. With a dangerous light in her eyes she turned to face the dwarf. "The mission! Fun!" Her voice snapped in a low whisper. "Know this dwarf, it is only preservation of time that stays my hand not your precious mission. Your mortal world means nothing if the cost is elven blood. I would let it all go to dust to free them, and that I would do with joy. Now steer this boat away from the mine, before I change my mind."

With that she turned away from the dwarven cleric and set her gaze toward the island. She would be vigilant against any threat, magical or mundane, that stood before them. Let the light shine in the dark.


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 15:39:57.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2362 Posts


A dark glimpse into a dark place - what matters most to you?

"Know this dwarf, it is only preservation of time that stays my hand not your precious mission. Your mortal world means nothing if the cost is elven blood. I would let it all go to dust to free them, and that I would do with joy. Now steer this boat away from the mine, before I change my mind."

Lothor listened, stunned, as Sirene spouted these words. As she spoke he had to restrain himself – every instinct he had wanted to walk up behind the thing, smack her upside the head with the flat of his sword, and toss her unconscious body down into the pits to the slavers. But he didn’t. He needed her and understood that sometimes one needed to control their emotions and deal with the unthinkable. What commander had not watched while some of their troops were overrun, unable to send reinforcements because the larger battle demanded those troops elsewhere? He hated slavery above almost any other form of evil, but this mine was a battle, and they needed to fight the war.

But did not Sirene, no inexperienced child herself, have such reserves of calm under fire? He understood, or thought he did, the hatred which the appearance of the Drow and their elf slaves generated in the witch, but it didn’t explain her comments. No, he feared this was no simple outburst in response to emotion – this was an ugly glimpse at her soul. A glimpse at what mattered to her. A glimpse of her true loyalty.

She would let the entire world go to dust to save one elf life? Was this not a quest to save the world? And not just for the elves, but to save it for everyone. One did not need to be in the pay of the enemy to be a danger to those around you. You just needed to have other priorities – and to value some lives more than others – to be willing to chuck the mission and the greater good for some personal goal or vendetta.

As the party prepared to move on Lothor simply said, “We keep moving.” He did not look at the witch lest his eyes betray him. This “mortal world” was what mattered to him, even if she could be callous about it. The woman of faerie did not appear to have the same priorities as the rest of them. He still needed her and perhaps their goals would continue to prove compatible. But he doubted he would ever trust her again.


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 17:36:05.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6148 Posts


Not Yet Time............

Having finally figured how to get a boat and avoid unnecessary contact they moved west to find the bend in the coast. But avoiding contact just wasn’t in the future. From the far side of a small hill came sounds. Carefully scouting out the sound they found the Mithral mine and its laborers. Clearly this was a mine of the recently defeated evil empire. Chained slaves of humans and the missing elves endured the grueling work while cruel Dwarvs, Orcs and Black skin Drow forced their will on them. Any other time this sight would drive the Halfling to act, but this wasn't any other time. This wasn’t even their time and their actions now could effect the world in unwanted ways. Only Fate herself would force their hand to act. Hearing Cor lament and Sirene’s controlled fury he would agree to stick to the plan at hand. So with deep regret he lead the party on to the coast.


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 18:28:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2225 Posts


Anger

Cor turned to Sirene after hearing her words. As his gaze fell upon here, Cor's eyes blazed and his face took on an expression never before revealed to the group. "Be careful lass. Evil often walks wearing a cloak of good intentions. You say you care naught for the mission. You say you would gladly leave the world of 'mortals' fall into dust to save one elf life. I canna believe such racist filth spews from your mouth in the company of those here who risk everything to save not only the world you deride but also the world of the elves. How long do you think the elves would last if they stood alone against the vast forces of evil arrayed in our time? Mark well my words, either commit to the mission or leave us now. There is no room for those with conditional loyalties in this group."


Posted on 2015-12-20 at 20:29:20.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.