The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Mens Chaotic Evil
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Jesus Saves!
Price: $19.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Read carefully look to a group PM

The sight of the mithral mine and the nature of its slave workers were a burden to all. Lost in the depths of another age 1200 years in the past, one in which Drow yet lived, for some of the party the greatest of evil had been revealed.

Cor was the first to speak yet his words, normal for a dwarf, would have an undesired effect.

"Well lads and lasses, there lies a most interesting sight. Part of me would love nothing more than ta bash a few Drow skulls and gather mithril ore. But, we have a mission that is more important than such fun. I believe we should give this mine a wide berth and continue to the island."

Her eyes filled with barely controlled rage at Cor’s words, Sirene turned to look Cor directly in the eye.

"The mission! Fun!" Her voice snapped in a low whisper. "Know this dwarf, it is only preservation of time that stays my hand not your precious mission. Your mortal world means nothing if the cost is elven blood. I would let it all go to dust to free them, and that I would do with joy. Now steer this boat away from the mine, before I change my mind."

Rayne seeing the possibility of an inner party fight tried to calm the situation. Dragging her eyes off of the scene, Rayne reluctantly agreed with both.

"As much as I'd like to free those slaves, we must go forward. We shouldn't go to the Isle of the Cyclops at anything but completely effective." Giving one last look over her shoulder at the mine, Rayne began to move back down the hill away from it. However her words fell on deaf ears as Cor's face took on an expression only once before revealed to the group, when under the thrall of evil.

"Be careful lass. Evil often walks wearing a cloak of good intentions. You say you care naught for the mission. You say you would gladly leave the world of 'mortals' fall into dust to save one elf life. I canna believe such racist filth spews from your mouth in the company of those here who risk everything to save not only the world you deride but also the world of the elves. How long do you think the elves would last if they stood alone against the vast forces of evil arrayed in our time? Mark well my words, either commit to the mission or leave us now. There is no room for those with conditional loyalties in this group."

As both Dwarf and Elf faced each other on the verge of seemingly attacking the other, Lothor stepped between them, using his large body as a barrier to any attacks. His voice strong and determined he simply said.

“We move on!”

However it was Roan who put it all into perspective.

“Enough both of you. This is not the time or the place for this” Turning first to Sirene.
“Sirene I know not what your feeling but I understand it. It must be hell seeing members of your race enslaved by a race thought to be extinct or by some to never have existed at all. If we could help them in some way I would be proud to go into battle with you to save them. However you must realize most of us do not have the same love of race as you. Cor is wrong in calling going into battle below as fun, but to him, a Dwarf, battle is glorious and what his kind live for. However you are also wrong in so quickly stating you would leave us to free them and be damned the future. What of the Elves in our present? Would you threaten their lives to rescue those below? We all must remember we are in our past and though it may be the right thing to do, the lives of a few hundred compared to millions in our time make it dangerous to help them.” Turning to Cor his face hardened slightly.

“Cor have you no sense of the pain Sirene feels at these enslaved Elves. Which is even more so that it is Drow, her race’s ancient enemy who does so. What if the Elves below were actually Dwarves enslaved by your race’s ancient enemy the Duergar? You may say it would not matter, the mission first, yet if I know anything of you your heart would cry in pain and for vengeance you would not think of freeing them as ‘fun‘.. We all have traveled far together and fought many a fight and we all should by now trust the others in this group with our lives.“ Looking into the eyes of all from Lothor, to Ulthok to Sirene and finally back to Cor.

“To tell Sirene to either commit to the mission or leave is the response of one insensitive to the feelings of Sirene and possibly the group as a whole. If that be the case once, or even if, we return to our present it may be time to end this partnership and each seek to fight the evil in our time elsewhere and alone.”

Once more looking at the party as a whole he awaited responses, hoping all would see how dangerously close they were to having this mission end in failure, lost in the past with no hope of ever getting back to the future.


Posted on 2015-12-22 at 12:49:37.
Edited on 2015-12-22 at 13:16:36 by TannTalas

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


>.>;

Alyia looked up at the sound of raised voices, were they being attacked?

everything the group had gone through left tensions raw. Alyia frowned recognizing the raised voices, listening to Rowan try an put an end to the argument. Alyia spoke up, her voice soft an wavering slightly.

"Stop this... please.

I know that you're all powerful, an though we have differences cultural, racial, moral. Dose that make any of us turn a blind eye to the fact that. we've been through hell an still are. We've only survived thus because we've worked together...

saved one another....

with out thought of alignment or anything....

just in that moment that we didnt want to loose another comrade....

to loose another friend..."

Alyia frowned wiping her tunic sleeve across her face.

"gah... i'm such a baby compared to the rest of you....

we've come this far together, divided we dont stand a chance....

deep down though your rage, of convictions. i know theirs not one of us that can dispute that even with out one of us gone from the group that our success...

no our survival depends on one another....

missions, fights, all mean naught if we turn our backs on one another."

Aliya blushed realizing she was all but yelling through her tears, clenching her teeth she looked at each of the party members in turn her jaw quivering.

"After everything we've been through...

i mean ...

i know family's fight an all... " Alyia wiped her eyes half chuckling through a sob.

"but this..." Alyia spread her arms

"this is all the family we... I.... have left...

an i really don't want to loose anymore of my family ... "


Posted on 2015-12-22 at 17:37:13.
Edited on 2015-12-22 at 17:40:24 by Astrid

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


.

"If those were dwarves held captive my heart would indeed be heavy. It had been so in the past and if Odin grants me a long life it may be again. But, my mouth would close tightly and an unspoken promise of vengeance, if the situation permits, would keep the silence unbroken. Sometimes I forget that not all races are as stoic as us pig-headed dwarves. I know that that when it counts each of us will do as is required. Let its speak no more on the matter. Unless anyone had an idea off how to make those overseers day miserable without drawing attention to ourselves."


Posted on 2015-12-22 at 21:37:49.
Edited on 2015-12-23 at 09:20:12 by Keeper of Dragons

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/4
2207 Posts


We move on

Lothor listened as Cor gave voice to the thoughts that had been in his mind. He was a bit surprised to hear them - he thought the stoic dwarf would do as he had and hold his tongue for the duration of the quest. He understood where he was coming from, but did not want the quest fractured.

In an attempt to keep things moving he moved forward and simply said in his warrior fashion, "we move on." But he was glad when Roan and others spoke up about the need to keep things together. They were right about that. And they were also right about all of the times that Sirene had had his back in the past. Her words still made him uncomfortable, but perhaps he had overreacted. Certainly he could give someone who had done so much, and with whom he had gone through so much, a little slack under the circumstances.

He looked at both Sirene and Cor and placing a hand on the shoulder of each spoke softly. "We hold together - for everybody's race, and for the races not even represented among us. The fate of those in the pit was decided long before we got here, but the fate of the future and all those in it is yet to be determined. I would stand with and for dwarf, elf, human and Halfling. Come, let us continue the quest we have already carried so far together."


Posted on 2015-12-23 at 19:45:57.
Edited on 2015-12-23 at 19:51:40 by Nomad D2

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


A Parting Note...........

Ulthok pointed the way as the party had to move on. Although there had been discouraging words the party knew they would move on. When the last of the party pasted Ulthok looked over the top of the knoll. Below the Elven prisoners had returned to mine and the Drow, Dwarv, Golem and Orc guards prepared to move the ore. In a last act of defiance the mage cast a spell centered on the of gathering cruel slave masters. From the surrounding wood came the sound of creatures moving to the the attack. Ulthok slipped down the hill and encouraged his companions to make haste.

Although she knew the risk, Peri approved of her companions prank.

(O.O.C. Ulthok cast "Summon Swarm" on the slave masters.)


Posted on 2015-12-23 at 23:09:26.
Edited on 2016-01-10 at 18:48:15 by Odyson

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Move along... move along...

Though Rayne tried to defuse the situation somewhat, but Roan did a far better job. When Lothor moved to put himself between, Roan addressed both Sirene and Cor. It seemed to work. Alyia added in her own thoughts afterwards.

He looked at both Sirene and Cor and placing a hand on the shoulder of each spoke softly. "We hold together - for everybody's race, and for the races not even represented among us. The fate of those in the pit was decided long before we got here, but the fate of the future and all those in it is yet to be determined. I would stand with and for dwarf, elf, human and Halfling. Come, let us continue the quest we have already carried so far together."
Rayne nodded in agreement, as the party began to venture forth. She kept quiet. While scouting around the party, she felt the cold feeling of what could have happened. Had the party torn themselves apart on the hillside, there would have been no way that any of them would make it back the their time. After the party had moved away from the mine, where they were most likely less vulnerable to attack from the slave masters, Rayne moved beside Aliya. "I am in complete agreement with you. All of us have fought together, and would not still be standing if it weren't for each other."


Posted on 2016-01-10 at 13:41:38.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1224 Posts


Onward

Siréne turned her head to face Lothor as he placed his hand upon her shoulder. Disbelief and mistrust still burned in his human eyes, but the warrior was trying. How could she do any less?

Raising her blue eyes to meet his she spoke, "I left Faerie long ago to see the mortal world spared the flame and I will not abandon you now."

She let her gaze linger on his for a moment. His suspicions would not fade so easily and nor would her allegiances change, but she thought for the first time they understood one another.

As her gaze moved from Lothor to fall upon Cor, she smiled. She and the dwarf had long understood one another. Though venom had been thrown nothing had changed. They both had lived long enough to know that they needed one another. That, more than anything, stopped the flames.


Posted on 2016-01-10 at 18:41:18.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


Welcome Back Everyone.

With the brief conflict of words between Cor and Sirene quickly settled, the party having decided to move on, backed away from the over looking hill. However feeling the need to leave some form of statement behind Ulthok quickly cast the spell of Summon Swarm directing it into the camp below. At once shouts in an unfamiliar harsh form of Elvin could be heard raised from the camp and then the sound of a horn blowing. Sirene, moving with the rest, though unable to understand most of the words, was still able to understand a few. The Elf Enchantress fully understood the nature of the shouts.

“They know we are here! They are arming themselves to give chase!”

With her shout the terrible truth was laid out, the party was no longer undiscovered and now facing a possible very tough fight or a very hard chase to the coast.

(DM OOC: Ok short post I know but Odyson casting the spell of Summon Swarm alerted the Drow to your presence in the area. They don’t know where you are, or how many, or what races, but they do know there is a powerful mage with you and that your not friendly. Ok first post back from holiday so lets give thanks for a good 2015 and hope for a great 2016, though with the loss of Alacrity‘s 2 Serenity games the year is not off to a good start. Next post next week.)


Posted on 2016-01-10 at 22:49:04.
Edited on 2016-01-10 at 22:55:53 by TannTalas

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


run run away

Rayne moved beside Aliya. "I am in complete agreement with you. All of us have fought together, and would not still be standing if it weren't for each other."
Alyia wiped her eyes with the inside hem of her cloak, heaving a choked sigh looking at Rayne an clearing her throat softly.

"I'm sorry for such childish outbursts.

Everything lately seem so far beyond....

the thought of loosing anyone, after so much, over so little..."

Alyia looked up at the sound of a horn trumpet.

“They know we are here! They are arming themselves to give chase!”
Alyia looked to the rest to see if they were readying to put up a standing resistance or to flee in haste.



Posted on 2016-01-11 at 05:45:36.

Hammer
Extreme Exclaimator!
Karma: 90/24
4114 Posts


Present Future

Roan Fenstrider had remained silent long enough, having analyzed the present situation, while communing with his deity Odin and observing the actions and reactions of his comrades in arms.

They know we are here! They are arming themselves to give chase!”

With her shout the terrible truth was laid out, the party was no longer undiscovered and now facing a possible very tough fight or a very hard chase to the coast.

The Human Ranger/Cleric quickly stepped forward and raised his right arm with a clenched fist and determined look upon his battle-scarred face.

"My Friends! We Now Have a Choice to Either Make a Run for the Coast or Make a Stand Here Against Our Foes!

"I Have Spent Time in Communion with Odin.

"I Am Convinced that What Ever We Do Here in the Past was Already Directly Linked with the History of Our Own Present ... Before We Ever Met Each Other in Our Known Present Day Future!

"Let Us Make Our Stand Against the Drow Here and Now!

"Rather Than Run!

"We Have the Element of Surprise and the Possibility of Freeing the Slaves!

"Freeing the Slaves Could Lead to the Possibility of Gaining Allies in This Time ... to Help Us Fulfill Our Own Destiny in This 'Past-Time' of Battle!"

Without waiting for an answer from his comrades, Roan back tracked to a suitable vantage point to engage the Drow Enemy and Any Other Foes that were Soon to Follow.

Roan made ready his weapons as he strategically placed the Bastard Sword on the ground, along with his Composite Long Bow and a fistful of Arrows, all within reach for when needed to slay their Foes!

Then the Ranger/Cleric began speaking to Odin, preparing an appropriate Spell to engage the Enemy!

((OOC: Roan is preparing to Cast a Spell of Entanglement to Impede the Progress of their Enemies, as soon as it will be the Most Effective to Entangle the Drow and Any Other Foes!))


Posted on 2016-01-12 at 13:54:39.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1224 Posts


I have heard this before

It was a strange language, so close to elvish as if they were the same tongue yet the accents made each word impossible to understand. To hear the elven tongue and still not understand left her with a hollow, uneasiness. Siréne strained, listening to every lilting sounds. As she did, a chilling sense of horror began to move through her. The drow knew they were here.
"They know we are here! They are arming themselves to give chase!"

As the words left her lips, the witch sprung into action. Ancient Faery magic came alive within her as she reached out into the land. A soft chant rose from her throat and soon it seemed that she sang with 1,000 different voices. As her chanting crescendoed, Siréne set her eyes on the dark elves and with one final note released her spell.

A thick billowing mass of fog rose up from the lake to swirl around the drow, covering the caves and the water beyond. Within mere seconds the fog became so thick that no sight could penetrate, not even that of the drow.

"Move quickly. This will slow them, but it will not stop them. We have time but not an eternity!"

((OOC: Casts Solid Fog to cover the area with the drown and golems. For Siréne that means an area of 40x20x20 ft with a duration of (2d4+13)x2 rounds. No saving throws and magic resistance shouldn't apply))


Posted on 2016-01-17 at 13:00:37.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Fall-back?

Rayne nodded to Aliya as they began to move away from the mine. "We've all fought and bled by each other's sides. I'd trust my life to every-"

The sound of a horn blowing cut Rayne off. Pivoting, Rayne nocked and drew her bow. It seemed that they may be fighting after all.

"They know we are here! They are arming themselves to give chase!"
Rayne bit back a curse as they began to make decisions. Sirene immediately began to cast her spell to aid in their retreat; however, Roan chose to stand and fight. Though Rayne started to follow the majority of the party in moving away, she stopped as soon as she realised Roan was not following. Not wanting to shout, as it would give away their position more, she moved up beside Roan. She quickly said, "I know you feel strongly for this, but doing this may have insurmountable consequences on the future. Besides, a fight here may weaken us too much to survive the isle of the Cyclops."

If Roan did decide to stay, Rayne resolved she would fight beside him as well.


Posted on 2016-01-17 at 16:31:21.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
5977 Posts


Up, Up and Away...........

As the alarm blared Ulthok regretted his impulsive active. They needed to escape now… quickly…. and without a trail to follow. “I have erred and now we most fly…and I mean FLY. They can track us so we must not leave them a trail. Use a potion and head for the coast. Those with more skilled help the others move as quickly as possible. With luck they may not look to sky.” Pulling a potion the mage started to run to enhance his momentum as he down the fluid. “Let’s go……”

Peri:
The little fay creature felt badly that her companions excellent prank failed. Sensing the urgency she followed Ulthok. Hearing him and watching him take to flight. “I’ll help as I can”, she chirped. Remembering her enlarge spell the creature took the air, “If you all take to the sky then grab a hold and I’ll do my best to speed us on.” When the party had joined the flight the Peri cast her spell and with her larger wings she could now tow her friends to safely. Once all were linked to each other or Peri she willed herself invisible hoping all would disappear with her.


Posted on 2016-01-17 at 20:28:13.
Edited on 2016-01-17 at 20:48:33 by Odyson

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


Angry dwarf

Cor heard Roan's claim that Odin wanted them to stand and fight and he watched as Roan took a battle position. The old dwarf cleric did not know which angered him more, the use of Odin's name to support a reckless cause or the sudden betrayal of the party by one of their own ignoring the group decision. Rayne moved next to Roan and Cor believed she would fight as well given the chance. In an attempt to remain diplomatic and salvage the situation, Cor called to the two. "You hold them as long as you can. The rest of us will get a head start. When they get too close use your potions and follow." Cor turned and grabbed onto Peri. "Fly swift ya wee dragon."


Posted on 2016-01-17 at 20:40:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


The Better Part of Valor

With Sirene’s strongly voiced alarm that they were no longer undetected the party as a whole agreed to quickly move away from a fight. With Peri going large, Sirene casting fog and the rest taking potions of flying they rose up just enough to gain height then headed West towards the coast. The thickness of the fog and its quick rise in the air gave the 7 party members all the time they needed to gain distance and escape.

The next two days of travel went quickly as Peri enlarged enough to carry the lighter members and the left over potions of flying made the travel easy. With the coming of dawn on the 3rd day they found themselves on a west facing beach. Tired for having had not much sleep, the desire to reach the coast paramount they landed and took deep breaths. The smell of salt water strong and no land in sight to the West for the moment it seemed all were out of danger.

The question now to move right away or rest was talked over and in the end all decided that rest was the right thing to do. With a full day and night’s rest Ulthok brought out his creation scroll and with in moments the party had acquired a boat. Wasting no time the 7 party members loaded themselves and their gear and set sail West ward.

The next 3 days were days of consent sailing, boredom, sailing, and yet more boredom as no fish, whale, or even monsters did they encounter. Then on the midday of the 4th they caught first sight of the sought after landmark, The Isle of the Cyclops. The rest of the day sailing around its rock walls with the coming of dusk they finally caught sight of a lone beach. The beach they could see from the boat was deserted and looked as if nothing had set foot upon it in a very long time. The main part of their travel here to the Isle over the next part and possibly last part lay ahead.

(DM OOC: Ok you finally made it to the island. During the journey you all had enough rest time to change spells and so on. The scroll of Creation is gone as are all your Potions of Flying. Next post next Sunday baring any delays)


Posted on 2016-01-17 at 22:35:27.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.