The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is TMVPhuKhang.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Neutral Good Womens
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


First one

"Well, let git ta doing. Any box is as good as any other ta start. Cor moved to a random box (GM make a dice roll to see what box is chosen). I say we start here. Who wants ta help open it and who wants ta stand beastie watch?"


Posted on 2016-06-05 at 14:36:16.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Hold on a minute there!

The burning cerulean in Siréne's eyes burned ever brighter as Cor moved toward to open the boxes. They might well need to open them, but she was loathe to do so before exhausting all options. Every step bore ripples of consequence.

"I implore you," Siréne began reaching out a hand to the dwarf, "tread lightly on this path. Leave these boxes as they are until we know more!"


Posted on 2016-06-05 at 19:30:20.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A word of wise caution

Lothor with the first words, was also the first of the party to enter the room.

"Before we clean those things off and disturb the dust, let us see if the dust has any stories to tell."

As the large fighter looked upon the dust on the floor he could tell by the lack of any pattern that it had not been disturbed for quite some time. Only with his moving forward and the breeze from the door did the dust finally shift. His check of the room not revealing anything he stood to the side allowing the rest of the party to enter behind him.

Cor believing that the boxes would have to be opened eventually seemed at a hurry to do so and made no secret of it to the rest.

"We all know we are gonna have ta open the boxes. Maybe the item we seem is inside, maybe not. Only way ta know is look. If it is the wraiths, perhaps they are not yet fully formed and as powerful as they are in our time.”

A short pause to catch a breath, the dwarf Knight Cleric moved to the third of the ten boxes.

"Well, let git ta doing. Any box is as good as any other ta start. I say we start here. Who wants ta help open it and who wants ta stand beastie watch?"

However though both Rayne and Roan were in agreement with Cor, both Sirene and Ulthok were not and for the moment Aliya and Lothor remained quiet.

"I implore you," Siréne began reaching out a hand to the dwarf, "tread lightly on this path. Leave these boxes as they are until we know more!"

Then as Cor paused by the third of the boxes she at once cast Detect Magic and was greeted by the room, boxes, walls and even the dust being revealed to be magical in some form. Her warning to tread lightly now showing to be a wiser course of action then just opening a box at random.

“Wait Cor, let me once again cast my cantrip” Ulthok said as he intoned the minor spell once more. At once the dust begin to disappear as it had in the last room to reveal the true nature of the boxes to each be one solid mass of stone, the floorboards of each attached to the next. Cor standing close could tell that though they were attached at the base they were each yet a separate container having a slightly wider stone lid.

With the dust finally fully gone, Sirene’s spell of Detect Magic shined bright upon the stone, showing the boxes to radiate more magic then before. Once more the Elf Enchantresses warning had been proven valid. With everyone now on alert Ulthok slowly moved forward to look for locks, catches, or any type of trap, but finding none. The lid and box underneath indeed two pieces, however neither one showing any line of separation.

The question for the party now to open or to leave alone..............

((DM OOC: Ok good posting everyone and great Q/A discussions.

Impulse your first post was good and I think once you get more comfortable with the character, game, and people you’ll do great.

Ok I NPC’d Ulthok as I needed his information to be revealed so that the party knew what the boxes were. Ok next post next Sunday))





Posted on 2016-06-05 at 22:49:19.
Edited on 2016-06-05 at 22:50:27 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


A pause

"All right lass, wat da ya propose we do? Te spells have shown these boxes ta be enchanted but that was expected. Anyone who wants ta do something before we open the box speak now. I know ye may think I am acting rashly but no matter what, the box must be opened."


Posted on 2016-06-05 at 22:54:59.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Tempting fate

"I agree with Sirene. We should perhaps wait to open any of these until more is known. With their placement and proximity to each other, and that they are connected at the base, could make one believe that they are either a mass burial of very high ranking beings in which they would be highly magically protected; or perhaps guardians of something deeper in this place, made to sleep until unwise adventurers disturb them. I of course will bow to the wishes of the party, but I suggest extreme caution, my friends."

*Aliya draws her sword, placing the tip on the ground in front of her and placing both hands on the pommel to await the group's decision.*


Posted on 2016-06-10 at 23:30:27.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Another spell...

As had been expected, magic was woven into the circle of stones. The azure light of arcane power shone through the hallway like a heatless sun. Siréne hissed at the all too clear warning of the magics potency. To enchant a place so had taken great power indeed, and whatever the stones held were no doubt filled with a great power all there own. Her resolve deepened; they must only open these tombs as an absolute last resort. To do otherwise would surely lead to doom for all.

"Hold back," Siréne spoke as she raised a hand. "We must learn more."

Breathing softly, the enchantress drew on her fey senses and began to chant softly. Her awareness drifted through Faery and into the magic itself. A part of her danced through that azure glow and caressed it. She would know this magic, she would come to know it all.

((OOC: Casts Wizard Sight))


Posted on 2016-06-11 at 11:54:03.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

As Cor went to open the one box, Sirene stopped him. Instead of physically opening them, she wanted to use some magical spells instead. A wise precaution, as she was one of the most capable spellcasters in the party. As she cast some spells, she quickly found that there was magic all over this room. As Sirene continued her investigation, Rayne kept up her guard. She didn't have any useful spells for this situation, so just being ready for threats was as useful as she could be. Especially when they had encountered no problems except dust so far in here...

(OOC: If something does come out of the boxes, Rayne will cast Bless on the party.)


Posted on 2016-06-12 at 16:11:44.
Edited on 2016-06-12 at 16:13:19 by SirSadaar

Impulse
Resident
Karma: 12/1
494 Posts


...

Roan listened to the elfs words.

Although he thought that the boxes would have to be opened, her exclamation gave him pause. He decided he would wait. Until some of the spellcasters had finished their incantations, until they were done dusting the tombs for any sign of traps.

He stayed quiet, drawing his bow and nocking an arrow for the worst. He had nothing to say for now.


Posted on 2016-06-12 at 16:31:44.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


What to do?

Lothor looked at the cleaned off boxes and shook his head. he was no closer to figuring out what to do. The whole place was magical. He did not like the idea of opening the boxes? What did it mean that they were all tied together in some way?

Well, there was one more spell to go, at least. He'd wait for that and then they would have to make a decision. The room they had rested in - that had other hallways, didn't it? There was another option.


Posted on 2016-06-12 at 23:20:45.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A light within the dark

Once more it was Sirene’s caution and magic that seemed to determine the party’s actions. With the spell of Wizard Sight cast the Elf Enchantress gazed upon the stone boxes.

She could clearly see with her new magical sight the auras of different magic’s around them and within. A shroud of dark evil coated the stone structures, clinging and moving in and out, bathing them as if alive. However as if a beacon in the night she could detect a second neutral type magic somewhere within the stone structures. This bright bit of powerful magic, neither good nor evil, seemed as if that which would come from some type of item or spell.

Turning to the rest of the party she relayed to them her findings. The question once again what to do next, stay and tempt fate, or leave these stone boxes alone. For clearly some danger lurked within them.........

((OOC: Ok my late post, sorry about the delay. Thanks to Nimu for giving the spell description and where to find it as I do have the Tome of Magic. Ok next post Sunday.))


Posted on 2016-06-14 at 00:42:17.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


.

"Well lass if ye want ta do other things first then so be it. These boxes are nay going anywhere. Mayhaps something else will be found but I think in the end this is where we will find ourselves again." Cor motioned for her to lead the way.


Posted on 2016-06-18 at 17:12:07.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6028 Posts


Ulthok's Two Cents........

Ulthok had listened and watch as the other pondered the boxes.

Finally he tossed out his options.
"Here are some thoughts to ponder.
1. We know that the Wraiths were put into a sleep, the summery of the battle we received included that as we tried to learn more of the sword.

2. We know that one of the 10 was sent to limbo.

3. We learn that the ten were controlled by their amulets.

4. We know that each wraith had a powerful sword.

So in battle cutting the amulets off the necks of the 10 would reduce the control Karza had over them and may help us destroy them.

These boxes may be their phylactery and by destroying them it destroys the Wraith. But these are big and may be hard to destroy. And by opening them we may break the Sleep Spell and awaken them to battle us.

So once we open these it may well be chaos. Battle goals MAY be, remove amulet, destroy box, destroy Wraith, retrieve swords.... Oh yeah and save our own bottoms.

Later goals will be destroy the amulets and swords even if we have to take them back to our own time to do it.

So for the moment letting sleeping dogs lay and checking out the other passages could be a good idea. These boxes don't seem to be going anywhere soon."

Ulthok then shuffled toward the door.



Posted on 2016-06-19 at 12:41:00.
Edited on 2016-06-20 at 11:29:49 by Odyson

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


Progressing...

Rayne paced the perimeter of the room as she would normally do. Normally; however, they would have had to fight their way to the centre of whatever lair they had entered. For a place being called the 'Isle of the Cyclops' the keep had been almost a haven.

The party seemed to reluctantly agree to go and back track. Rayne was fine with that. Covering all the possible ways of attack may be for the best. Besides, maybe something would explain why this place was so desolate.

To no one in particular, Rayne said, "Nature is at its quietest when a predator is about to strike. Be wary, for I suspect that something lurks in these halls." With that, she followed as the party began to leave the room.


Posted on 2016-06-19 at 13:26:17.
Edited on 2016-06-19 at 13:27:18 by SirSadaar

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Look away look around

The onslaught of arcane evil burned her eyes, and after a time Siréne turned away to recount what had been revealed. And though there might be a light within the darkness, that darkness was far greater than anything she had imagined.

"Evil hides within, of that be sure," Siréne spoke with urgency burning in her eyes. "We may yet need to open these tombs, but I say let us only do so after all paths have been followed. Dare we release the nightmare again onto the world? Dare we set it free only at the moment of its imprisonment?"

Pausing the witch exhaled and let her cerulean gaze take all in. They were warriors, priests, rogues, and wizards. Somehow the light had drawn them together and the Goddess had forged them into heroes. Yet, could they take on the wraiths? Did they have even a prayer?

Siréne found herself missing old Maggot. Few among them shared her timeless perspective, in this she missed his council. Would Maggot, who had already walked this path, open these boxes or walk away. Thoughts of the ancient bard brought a smile to the witch's face. As always, they would do what must be done.

Regarding her companions, Siréne spoke once again, "Let us search these halls again. If we find no key, then the boxes must be opened."


Posted on 2016-06-19 at 16:30:38.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


The big warrior nods his agreement

Lothor listened as various members of the party expressed a desire to backtrack and search elsewhere. The choice was what he had been hoping for. While it seemed very likely that they would be back in this room again before long, there was no reason to release great evil from it's tomb without checking out all alternatives first.

"I agree. Let us check other paths." As he moved to the doorway he added with a grin, "Why is that when we are discussing opening tombs and releasing great evil nobody says "be careful not to change the past!" This might qualify."

Lothor moved with the group back down the hall. "I want to examine a couple of the side rooms as we go back - we might as well be sure. We probably don't want to take the time to check them all. but a few." His plan was to pick 4 rooms - two on each side of the hall. He'd look around for signs of anything in the dust, secret doors in the floor, walls or ceiling. Hopefully Ulthok would use his expertise at these tasks as well. It might even be worth a 'clean' cantrip in each room as well, but that wasn't his call. he just wanted to make sure that by the time they got back to the crossroads room, they had a sense of the rooms they had passed. A 'clean' cantrip would also mark which rooms they had searched if that came to matter later - Lothor also intended to make a little mark on the doorway of eachroom he entered to identify it as searched.


Posted on 2016-06-19 at 17:18:28.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.