The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4001 registered users. Our newest member is Delance.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Comings and Goings - Once upon a time.  (posted by Eol Fefalas)Once upon a time
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Nomad D2)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Odyson)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6388 Posts


Reposted Aletheia's post here.

Aliya stands straight and adjusts her armor and her grip on her sword. "If we're going to search the other rooms, then let's get started. Waiting too long may give whatever evil these walls hold an advantage over us. Where shall we start?"


Posted on 2016-06-20 at 00:33:25.
Edited on 2016-06-20 at 00:33:53 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6388 Posts


DM post

Having agreed to leave the stone boxes alone for the time being the party of 7 moved once more into the hallway. Moving quickly back down to the South the way they had come, they spilt to do a quick check of each room passed earlier. Finding only a few loose coins (5 gold 8 silver) some old worn and decayed furniture and scraps of cloth type clothing, they quickly in only a matter of a few minutes found themselves back in the room with the 4 doors. South, East, and West once again a choice was before them as to which door to go through next.

((DM OOC: Ok short post I know but not much else to add. I'm not about to choose a door for you lol. Nimu the magic around the stones felt more like an Enchantment spell then anything else though there were elements of Conjuration/Summoning. All felt not just evil but very dark in nature.
Ok next post next Sunday and go Cav‘s! ))



Posted on 2016-06-20 at 00:34:20.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2378 Posts


A place with few surprises, but was that a surprise?

The group travelled quickly, very quickly, back to the crossroads room. Somehow Lothor wasn't even surprised. Nor was he disappointed, as avoiding an hour long trek was not a bad thing. And the rooms they passed - these had likewise yielded no secrets or clues. Again, no surprise.

Once back in the crossroads room he waited for Cor or one of the others to pick their path. For now he didn't have an opinion, in fact, he seriously doubted it mattered which way they went. But he guessed they would find out.

It was time to continue their search of the cyclops tower. Assuming that title was still appropriate. Where would a thing that big hide?


Posted on 2016-06-22 at 12:11:06.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2228 Posts


door

"Well, someone pick a door. I dunna care which, any is as good or bad as the others. Perhaps our thief might have a opinion."


Posted on 2016-06-23 at 21:21:06.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6177 Posts


Well.......

Ulthok looked at Cor and answered.

"Well if the one on the right might be the right one, then the one that's left is the one on the left. But if the one on the left is the right one then the one that is left is the right one. So the right one can't be the one that is left because that is the one we didn't choose. See that was easy."



Posted on 2016-06-24 at 21:18:39.

Impulse
Resident
Karma: 12/1
494 Posts


what just happened?

Roan kept to the back, not wanting to disturb the party's movement. They back trekked and his eyes swept the floors, the walls, the ceiling, looking for anything that he had missed. Something that would aid them. They found little of use. Some gold, nothing helpful at the moment.

As they stopped in the crossing and he heard Ulthok ramble on, he shook his head in confusion and stayed silent.

Quietly he peered down the halls, looking for something distinct about each one, hopefully to help him get a feel for where it would lead.



Posted on 2016-06-24 at 22:48:28.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6177 Posts


What??????????????

As Ulthok looked around at the odd looks on the party's faces he heard Peri giggling. So as any good trap finder would do he checked the door and cautiously headed down the left hall searching for traps and oddities as he went.

Mumbling up to Peri as she perched on his shoulder, "I can't understand the confusion, as Uncle Springtrap used to say, "Everyone knows that the one that's left has to be right."


Posted on 2016-06-25 at 14:28:40.
Edited on 2016-06-26 at 18:57:33 by Odyson

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


So very confused . . .

Aliya was right behind Ulthok as he made his strange tirade on how to choose which way to go. Or at least that's what she thought he was saying but was so confused at the end of his statement, she wasn't so sure anymore. When he started to move off to the left, she shook her head to free it of the previous line of thought, and focused on watching for any sign of movement ahead, trying to ignore the continuing rambling from her companion.


Posted on 2016-06-26 at 02:56:51.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1274 Posts


Riddle say as riddle be

"Well if the one on the right might be the right one, then the one that's left is the one on the left. But if the one on the left is the right one then the one that is left is the right one. So the right one can't be the one that is left because that is the one we didn't choose. See that was easy."

A smile broke across Siréne's face as Ulthok spoke. She had spent her childhood amongst small fairies who could only speak in riddles. Long ago though it was, the memories still brought her warmth. Laughter sprung up and she tussled the halfling's hair as they walked toward the left corridor.


Posted on 2016-06-26 at 10:51:48.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Even though they had already been through the hallways before, Rayne kept attention. Who knows if something may have came up; well, probably not. Even with the dust storms outside, the door had been sealed, which suggested a long time of disuse. Rayne wondered if they would run into something very serious. It had been to easy.

They made it back to where they had chosen to go straight. Ulthok chose left. Content with this decision, Rayne followed the party. Her skills were better suited for outside rather than inside, after all.


Posted on 2016-06-26 at 21:00:30.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 175/117
6388 Posts


Another Sunday, another room.

The party having returned to the octagonal shaped 40x40 room saw once again 4 doors including the one they had entered from. Cor was the first to speak the thoughts on everyone's mind, which door next. After a few moments of discussion, with a weird, very weird, Halfling rambling on which way he thought to go, the door to the party's left, the east one was agreed upon.

As the seven party members moved through the east door they came upon after only a few minutes a set of two human shaped stone statues in alcoves each across from the other. Features well worn away with age no resemblance to any specific creature was there to be had and so the party quickly passed them by after a check for traps by Ulthok. Corridor walls bare, the lighting for the party all from touch, magic, or racial ability. The seven members finally after two hours of walking reached a new room.

With no viable door guarding the interior of this room they were easily able to see from the corridor without a room 60x50 empty but for a medium sized non-working stone fountain and two faded worn tapestries hung to the north and east. From what you can still make out of them, from the doorway, the one to the north possibly was that of some type of female creature and crown on some type of chair, or wait table, and a lot of faded red coloring around her.

To the east, a barely made out picture of a clawed hand holding a staff or possible a spear type scepter of a silver color, the claws quite long, more faded red coloring. Though both clearly once alive with other colors it was clear to all red was the predominate color in both.

Moving into the room, after a quick trap check by Ulthok, the party could now see that though filled with murky tinted water with a pungent smell the fountain yet contained a number of different coins, such as could be found at any village wishing well. Upon closer look all seemed of gold, silver, and platinum and worth a pretty good penny judging by the number seen.

The room quiet and dusty as all the rest once more has no other doorway out..............


((DM OCC: Ok this weeks post and another room to investigate. Ok next post as always, next Sunday.))


Posted on 2016-06-26 at 22:52:39.
Edited on 2016-06-26 at 22:53:40 by TannTalas

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2378 Posts


Look around and toss

Lothor joined the rest of the party as they moved into the room. Of course, the first move was to take a very close look around. What was the fountain? Did it look like anything? Was the base solid? Could they find any secret doors? Was there anything behind the tapestries? Even the floor and ceiling were worth a look.

"Anybody going to bother with a detect magic?" He paused and waited for a response.

"If nobody objects I think I might make a wish and toss a coin into the fountain. I think I'll wish we were all back in our own time - maybe right before we tossed the gems that exploded. Any suggestions on wording? It almost feels like the wishes might work. Who knows." He looked around at the group for input.

"And when I do so, keep your eyes on those statues and the tapestries. Anybody see any reason for all the red?" So saying he dug in his pouch for a gold piece - the coins in the fountain seemed to be valuable and it didn't seem like the time to make use of a copper.


Posted on 2016-07-02 at 22:09:54.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6177 Posts


Hold That Coin.........

Ulthok had not seen any obvious traps but this old fountain could be one. The temptation to gather those old coins tugged at his old nature, but here he didn't need more wealth.

"Hold your coin and wish for a moment. Time is still on our side, I say we just go back the see if the right door was the right door. This may be a greater puzzle than we expected. If we know of each hall then a we can choose our fate better."

The Halfling turned and headed back out of the room.


Posted on 2016-07-03 at 10:42:39.

Impulse
Resident
Karma: 12/1
494 Posts


Wishes might be a good idea.

Roan stood and finally spoke up, saying his piece.

"It seems like we could dilly and dally all day long. Time is on our side but we should make a decision soon. The wish seems like a long shot, but a long shot is better than nothing. However... It is unwise to move without knowing as much as possible. I think it best to check the other hallway, then we can reach a conclusion.".

He stopped to look at the painting and tried to remember if he could recall anything about it. If it had any ties with a certain deity or what not.


Posted on 2016-07-03 at 12:00:28.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1274 Posts


Then let us check the other hallway...

"Very well. Hold the coin for now. We can follow where the right door leads and return here if we find nothing."


Posted on 2016-07-03 at 16:53:03.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.