The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by breebles)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Womens Chaotic Evil
Price: $16.50

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Gotta love the mud :)

For the party, almost completely covered in mud, they could not complain for once things had gone their way. Having avoided the bigger threat they had easily taken care of the smaller one.

Lothor did a quick search of the statue’s bases and the room once more, finding nothing of any interest but a single silver and wood pipe. The make of the pipe clearly for the smoking of tabacco or some other such substance. Returning to the rest he waited on any cleaning magic to be cast.

Ulthok having gathered the rest and along with Sirene proceeded to try and clean off all the mud from himself and the rest of the party. Though primarily successful with the cleaning cantrips there were still area’s on everyone’s body that the mud continued to cling, slowly drying. Only a through washing of clothes and bodies would get rid of it all.

With the party as clean as they were going to get they moved into the hallway and back to the center room reaching it almost at once after only a 5 minute walk and a turn in the hallway. Once again back in the room the doors were as they had been since the parties entrance into the tower.


((DM OOC: Ok you are back in the central room once more. As always talk and decide on your next move. Next post Next Sunday))


Posted on 2016-07-31 at 21:55:56.
Edited on 2016-07-31 at 21:57:03 by TannTalas

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6026 Posts


Regroup..........

With nothing more found to help them to a lower level and the mass of mud removed from their being the party trekked back to room with the door choices which again took far less time than the trek down.

As party reentered Ulthok remarked, "Well it does appear that this tower has an odd relationship with time. We may be on to something that can actually return us. But it is filled with dangers and we have been lucky so far to survive these threats. I suggest we choose a door and then take a rest so that Sirene, Alyia and I can prepare fresh spells with thought to match what we saw in the room at the end. It's better to enter battle with a full quiver. I say we try the fountain room. It looks like a wishing fountain but it appeared guarded by those two statues. We could each toss in a coin and wish to be moved to next lower level."


Posted on 2016-08-04 at 09:40:38.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


Spells, fountains and statues, oh my!

Lothor listened to Ulthok's plans and agreed. That last display had illustrated the power of magic once again - it wasn't the first time he'd been saved by spells either. So if the mages wanted a bit of a rest, he was all for it. Besides, what would a delay do to them anyway? If your time traveling, can you really be late? He didn't bother following that thought to any sort of conclusion.

"I agree with the fountain idea. Lets leave the evil room for last. We should be careful what we wish for - is the lower level really the best choice? What about destroying the statues first?" He took his turn standing guard and waited until the spell casters were ready. When it was his turn to rest he studied his great sword to be sure he had it memorized for the next battle.


Posted on 2016-08-04 at 23:45:33.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


Rest it is

"Perhaps a wee rest would be a good idea. Everyone can prepare for the fountain room. I'll nay be goin near the water but the rest of ya kin do as ye like in there. I'll help keep watch in case the statues decide ta play with us."


Posted on 2016-08-07 at 15:03:50.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Rest

"Rest is wise. I will find spells to guide our path and part the mists."


Posted on 2016-08-07 at 21:46:45.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Rest is a good thing

"Rest sounds like a great idea, but we should have at least two of us on watch at all times in case of trouble, "Aliya says, "as the statues in the fountain room may act like those we just dispatched. I would be willing to be on first watch - who will sit with me?"


Posted on 2016-08-07 at 21:51:39.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


What lay hidden beneath the sands of time?

Standing before the fountain, Siréne drew upon the ancient magic of her birthright. Her eyes grew distant as she began to sway and chant. It was song passed down from time beyond time. With ancient words the witch of faerie sought to pierce the veil of time, to part the mists and find what lay beyond mortal knowing. She sang, reaching a final soprano note to spin her spell true.

((OOC: Casts Legend Lore))



Posted on 2016-08-13 at 22:04:01.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Fountain whasss you talking about Willis :)

With the return from the last room to the central room once again the party found themselves in need of rest. Yet though they rested without incident they woke feeling as if violated somehow, as if the voices of the tormented still lingered inside their heads. Though the quick actions of Cor and Peri had saved them from a possible deadly fight, still something just felt wrong.

However with the time for worry done, with new spells memorized, weapons horned and sharpened, and packs of loaded gear upon their backs they moved back down the passage to the room of the fountain.

Or they thought they had as within only 15 minutes of walking did they come upon a set of stone steps leading up to another worn and crumbled wooden door. The party now more alert moved cautiously to the room before them and entered to find themselves in some sort of throne room. The 100 by 100 room full of long wooden tables on both sides, most as with the doors useless and worn by time, they could see only a 10 foot space running down the length of the room was clear. At the rooms far end on a raised 15x15 area the party could see sat a dust covered throne of bones and teeth with something, round?, in it’s seat.

However it was not the throne that drew all eyes but the tapestry behind it. The picture portrayed a bright red serpentine four armed figure writhing on the ground in a raising mass of blackish smoke. Tendrils of smoke stream from the creature’s nostrils and rise up into the air, it’s eyes colored a lurid orange, its snake like jaw holding row upon row of jagged teeth. The creature, possibly a cross between serpent and man, even as just a picture, gives off a strange feeling much like the coffins before.

However unlike everything seen so far showing the age of the tower, the tapestry appeared to be in perfect condition as if brand new. The room like the others before it empty of any life...............

(Ok my week late post. No real need for a map just think of those many throne rooms in film and book and yep there you go.
Nimu your legend Lore spell of course was never used so it's still there.
Ok next post next Sunday and lets all welcome Brennus Stagborn to the game as he will be taking over Roan from this point forward. Welcome good sir you will be needed and if you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the other players for answers.. Lol))


Posted on 2016-08-13 at 22:48:45.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Rayne never had the chance to fire the arrows. Before she could, Peri had turned all of the statues into mud. The sheer volume of mud flowed all over them and the rest of the room. It took a few moments, but they regained their vision; additionally, Peri and Sirene used Clean cantrips to wash up the mud. Rayne stood up, and worked with the group for one final time After they found nothing, they quickly came to the conclusion they had to rest, then moved back to the central room.

Though they had nothing noticeable occurred during their rest, Rayne felt as if something had violated her mind during it. As if... the voices remained? Were they not all released into the afterlife? Or, was this something far more sinister than the trapped voices. Perhaps the dungeon itself had done so?

Though the entirety of the party seemed uncomfortable, they moved onwards. As disturbed as she was, Rayne remained silent. At this moment, she had nothing to add to it. They moved in to the fountain room, discussing how to progress...

They never found it. Instead, they came across some sort of throne room. Well, there went the map that she had been doing. Since the throne was made of bones, Rayne tried to identify them to the best of her abilities, staying behind the physical warriors. After the statues engaged them in the last room, she was reluctant to out right scope out the room without being in a more beneficial position. If the party approached, Rayne would take a look at the circular 'cushion' on the throne. Perhaps it would be they key to this new room?


Posted on 2016-08-14 at 21:58:14.
Edited on 2016-08-14 at 21:58:57 by SirSadaar

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


Stairs? There weren't any stairs here before . . .

As the group approached the stairs at the end of the hallway Lothor could not help but sigh. Of course. Clearly this tower had a special relationship with space and time and, well, probably every dimension any magic user had ever come up with. Why should he have expected to find the fountain where they had left it? And probably that meant the door wouldn't be where he wanted it either. Of course not.

So, resigned to his fate as there was nothing he could do about fate anyway, he moved up the steps with the others to see what his future (past?) had in store for him. A throne room. He'd seen these before and this one was just like all the rest - except maybe that whoever had sat their little pretentious bottom on this throne had a bit of an odd decorating sense. He didn't like the look of the throne. Those who decorated with bones (and teeth?) had a nasty habit of wanting to acquire more of them to decorate with. Lothor liked his bones where they were and in the condition they were currently in. His teeth also. And then there was the tapestry. A nasty looking thing that. And, oddly, it was somehow the first thing they had encountered in this tower that didn't seem to show its age - assuming its age was the same as everything else here, a detail he could not be certain of.

Standing in the entrance he scanned the room with everyone else in the group. Having seen what he could from the doorway, he spoke to the rest of the time travelers, "This is an unexpected pleasure. Our own little throne room. Unless someone has a better idea, I guess we start the same way we always have - look around. As usual - floors, ceiling, secret doors - and the special features. I want to get a closer look at that throne, but maybe we should avoid the dais for now." So saying he moved cautiously forward down the middle of the room, leaving the walls for someone else to search. He moved slowly so that he could look around as he went - checking out the floor and ceiling. Plus, he wanted to make sure nothing in that tapestry moved . . .

(OOC: Lothor moves forward slowly and looks at the floor and ceiling - keeping an eye on the tapestry. Specifically he wants to see the throne - what sort of bones and teeth is it made out of. What size monarch was it made for? What shape monarch? What was the round thing? Does he get a sense of evil in this room or hear voices? Does it look like there is anything behind the tapestry? (He does NOT go onto the dais to look - just checks it out from where he is.) Does the tapestry appear to move? From the closer distance can he see what it is made out of? Is there anything in the room besides a throne, round thing, tapestry and tables? You get the idea.)


Posted on 2016-08-17 at 22:28:56.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Curiouser and curiouser . . .

Aliya slowly moves into the room, draws her sword, looks about the room carefully, and starts searching closely along the wall to the left, looking to find any traps or secret doors, or any explanation of who would sit on that throne.

(OOC - whatever she finds, if anything, she most likely will report to the party)


Posted on 2016-08-18 at 03:22:55.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6026 Posts


A Closer Look.......


The party had only travel down the fountain hall for short time when they came to the end. The situation had changed, there were now some steps up and not just the old doorway. Entering the space it was obvious that this was not the fountain room. A much more vast space filled with decaying rows of tables filled the space on either side and raise dais at the far end.

“Well there you go. We should better by now that we can’t plan ahead.” As they ventured into the room the group once again conducted a careful search. On the raised section at the front of the was odd seat; a large throne like thing made of bone and…..teeth. A round liking object was sitting obscured on the seat. But behind was brightly colored tapestry of a dangerous looking serpent with arms, looking nearly new compared to the decrepit aging for the furniture.

Moving to the foot of the dais Ulthok peered at the items. “Oh that can’t be a good sign.” Carefully watching where he stepped Ulthok walked along the edge of the dais, examining the steps up up and the floor for triggers and traps.
Sensing Ulthok trepidation Peri took flight from his shoulder winked out of sight as she flew up over the dais to closer inspect the chair and tapestry without touching or disturbing them. She would let her group know what things appeared to be before they ventured up to inspect the seat more closely.

(OOC. Peri will stay invisible in hopes of not having any attracted to her. She will examine the chair, round thing and tapestry. Then fly back to Ulthok to report her findings.)



Posted on 2016-08-21 at 11:31:37.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Oh look at it's pretty eyes.

With the tapestry easily the most impressive feature of the throne room for the moment, it was time to search it over. Throne they could see as they approached it was made up of many different bones, none two alike, as if only a single bone had been taken from thousands of creatures. The seat itself was sized as if for a rather large creature, nowhere the size as that for a giant, yet easily to fit a Cyclops’s size. With the walls and floor of the room, but for decayed old dust covered wood, empty of anything of note. The area of the room confirmed free of any trap or hidden weapon, the searchers made their way to the foot of the throne.

With a new closer look the party could see that “the round thing’ was in reality a round yet flat lizard type skull matching that of the tapestry pictured creature. The bones more gray then white, the teeth in the jaw all missing, the most striking feature of this skull were it’s eyes. In the socket of its left was fashioned a topaz gem, in it’s right a matching one of amethyst. As you look closer, though covered in decades of dust, the eyes appear to faintly glow.

((OK my post for this week though short should help you decide what next. Next post next Sunday and Mom is resting comfortably at home.))


Posted on 2016-08-21 at 22:20:38.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Magical Seeking

Siréne joined the others in searching the room. Speaking a word of power, she attuned her vision to the arcane energies that flowed through the room. With her magical gaze, Siréne traced the magical patterns of the room, seeking some answer to what passed through.

((OOC: Wizard Sight - looking to learn what she can of the magic in the room))


Posted on 2016-08-21 at 22:26:20.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


Stupid little skull, stupid big warrior (?)

(The following post could change based on information from the spell)

Lothor looked at the little skull. He didn't like it. In the torture chamber they had perhaps found a solution by blessing the bones. He wanted such a solution here, but somehow this didn't seem like a time when they wanted to release anything. Might crushing the skull release the creature in the tapestry? Or destroy the gate? Was it spying on them. He just didn't know. But he would break it.

He was tempted to use his sword, but was worried about whatever power might be released. Instead he picked up one of the benches nearby. (Assuming hill giant strength is enough. I am also assuming that with the bench he can hit the skull without going onto the dais.) Holding the bench he spoke up. "Unless someone says not to, I'm going crush that skull with this bench. Speak now or forever hold your peace."

(Assuming nobody speaks up - if they do, he stops.)
So saying, the big warrior held the bench by one end and brought it crashing down on the skull sitting on the throne. "Cowabunga!"


Posted on 2016-08-28 at 15:37:52.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.