The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is tomejohn.
Online members: t_catt11, Raven, Eol Fefalas, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


And we go!

Siréne collapsed as the power of the Goddess rushed through. HER voice filled her, boomed within and became the Word. The Goddess had spoken but prophecy was a tricky thing, left open to change for each that spoke the words.

The gems are key to the end and beginning of a time. Destroy them you can, keep them you may. Choices, choices, many choices in the dark.

The only choice was to go on and keep faith in the Goddess and her mysteries. With such words, Siréne saw no reason to destroy they gems. They were a key, and might be needed. She wanted to know more, but right now she needed to trust in the dark and keep on.

"SHE has spoken. We keep the gems but hold care." Pausing a moment she let her cerulean gaze fall on Cor. "It is HER choice I follow. If all wish to return to the crypt then let us. Perhaps there might be other secrets revealed to us there."


Posted on 2016-11-06 at 13:39:11.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


.

Cor chuckled to himself at Sirene's dig. She was free to claim to follow whomever or whatever she wanted as long as she supported the group. "We all follow the goddess; as long as she agrees with Odin. Now lets get ready to move"


Posted on 2016-11-06 at 17:22:07.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


Moving forward

With 8 hrs gone, spells renewed, and the decision to not destroy the gems agreed to by most, the party once more headed through the center door. Within minutes they found themselves finally back at the crypt room, unchanged, ten box shaped crypts, of a heavier type of wood, seven feet long by four foot wide. The surfaces worn away to nothing, any writing, runes or markings lost, the only change the traces of the party's previous visit.

As they entered the dark room the pouch at Ulthok's side holding the gems began to glow, the light growing stronger the closer they approached to the crypts. Clear to the party that there was indeed some connection between the gems and this room. What that connection was yet unknown but clearly waiting to be found out.

(Ok short post to get you guys once more to the crypt room and thinking of what to do next. As I'll be out of town at a miniatures gaming convention next weekend I may or may not get a post up depending on how tired I am when I get back home. Other then that a DM's word of caution, tread carefully in this room. )


Posted on 2016-11-06 at 17:35:15.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6187 Posts


But What Now..........

Sirene's goddess had given them a vague clue that the gems may hold a purpose yet. The party had agreed to once again try the middle door with a chance to again lead them to the crypt room.

So now the group needed to rest, study and prepare for their next challenge. But Ulthok could only stand amazed. Although he tried to not let it appear to limit him, he was devastated when Valene was captured and phased away. Then to find evidence that she had not been taken to another plane but only to another part of castle hope sprung in his heart. He believed in her and there was a chance she would survive. He took that and used it try to fulfill their mission and doing so giving that amazing woman a better chance to live.

Then fate dealt them a bitter hand and separated them not only by distance but by time. Traveling over mountains and oceans to get to back would be a simple challenge but to return through time was unthinkable. But Ulthok would not quit, he would die trying if need be, save the world would save Valene.

Now here, within his reach was the only woman to ever penetrate the armor protecting his heart. But she had pulled away, leaving an imprint that may never heal..or was it safe place for her to return. Only Peri knew that the Halfling was nearly trembled to hold this female cleric and never let her go.

So as the others studied, he found a quiet spot.. laid down to rest..and hoped he would not be there alone.


Posted on 2016-11-07 at 20:55:44.
Edited on 2016-11-13 at 10:55:25 by Odyson

Astrid
RDI Fixture
Karma: 31/3
600 Posts


i should have been sleeping?


Valene watched the others drift off to rest or study recouping in the moment of quite lull between the stormy waves of chaos an battle. The tiny inclining of haste beat in Valene's chest like a needling toothache. Catching Ulthok out of the corner of her eye she watched the halfling mage lay down. Moving quietly to lay beside him, her back to his wanting to be near him yet keeping a small sense of propriety between them. Closing her eyes an half whispering a small prayer for the benevolence an grace reaffirming herself with the goddess letting sleep clame her.

(assuming Ulthok turns an embraces her at some point.)

Valene couldn't help but smirk as she awoke feeling Uthok'sarm lightly wrap around her shoulder half covering her in his cloak. Valene listened for sounds of stirring from the rest of the party. knowing Ulthok would most likley wake upon her moving she sighed softly. before quickly wriggling from beneath his arm.

(assuming Ulthok stirs in some fashion)

Valene turned to Ulthok an quickly gives him a pecking kiss an motions for him to keep quite. Sitting up wrapped in her cloak she quietly unbraids her hair from the multitude of tiny braids brushing her fingers through the auburn tresses, making a face at ulthok with a rye grin before plaiting the tresses into a several larger braids an then into one large one.

A muffled cough ended the moment an Valene smirked flicking her hair back over her shoulder an straightening her shirt slightly. whispering down to Ulthok.

"I guess its morning?"

Valene rose an moved quietly to ready a semblance of food that would constituent breakfast. all the while reveling how much soft poached eggs an thick rind bacon would be on hot fresh baked bread with salted butter. Her stomach growled loudly betraying her hunger, clamping her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing a loud an waking anyone still asleep.

(pending breakfast chatter before we press on)

Valene stood with the rest of the party looking on the precipice of the crypt room. Though past experience told her to be wary of the wooded box crypts the thief in her excited in hopes of finding something of value or riches. A brief though passes though her mind wondering of one of her relatives had been kender or of sort. A soft chuckle made her worry her lip in silent mirth. As she looked on waiting for the others to advance.


Posted on 2016-11-12 at 10:40:05.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

After 8 hours rest, Rayne got up. They had been here for a while now, at least a couple of days. Assuming that time in here was the same as time elsewhere, of course. And still, they had yet to find anything of the immense magical power they were seeking. Hopefully, this time they would find something. After eating some breakfast, even though it may not actually be morning, the group reformed and headed out to the former crypt room.

And to Rayne's surprise, it was still a crypt room. Nothing had moved or changed since they had last been here. Looking around the room again, Rayne hoped to find something different. When there was nothing of note, Rayne turned to the party. "It seems we are back here, with the same choice as previously: to choose whether or not to open the crypts. I think we have to. We have spent a long time wandering around in search of the magic, yet this is the only room that hasn't changed. I think we have to risk it. As this building has already shown some potent powers, perhaps this room is what gives it the power to do so?"


Posted on 2016-11-13 at 12:14:28.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6187 Posts


So Much Time..So Little To Do.....

Ulthok lay on his side; his head on his pack and his cloak draped over him. Peri nestled near his face, her little head also sharing the pack. As he drifted off a slight pressure pushed against his back. Perhaps Peri has moved and thought it warmer against his back. His thoughts were interrupted with the little fairy Dragon telling him roll over and spread his cloak. Pulling the cloak up and rolling softly to his other he was pleasantly surprised to feel a larger form now nestle next to him. The familiar musk of the female Halfling lingered and Ulthok smiled and sighed while wrapping the cloak over Valene. Gently he rested his arm on her shoulder. For first time in long tome a peaceful rest over took the mage.

Ulthok awoke as Valene stirred and gave him a quick morning kiss. Lying quietly he watched as she went through her routine of braiding her hair. When she was finished she smiled at him, "I guess its morning?"
Sitting up Ulthok stretched and pulled the cloak back. Opening his pack he rummaged for some food. Finding a bit of hard tack and jerky and hearing her stomach rumble he offer a share to Valene. "It's not what we shared at the Inn, but it will get us on our way." As he started to closed the pack Peri pushed his hand aside; "Not so fast." She squeaked. Nosing around she finally pulled out a red fruit. It was one of the last apples Ulthok had stored for her, a rear treat.

Carrying it proudly she trundled over to Valene and held it up to her. "I am so glad you are safe and have again joined us. Please take this to give you strength and share in my joy of your return." Peri then placed the fruit at her feet and scurried back to Ulthok to grab a bit of hard tack and crunched away merrily.

(assuming Valene takes the apple as part of her beakfast.)

They sat and talked as they ate. Ulthok told Valene of how the party had gotten to the tower. The magic power source well of the flying castle had exploded and cast out a time warp that sent the party back in time. That they had been in this time now many days. About coming to the battle field at Drimmen Dreeve, finding the castle and then trekking to Drow Mountain. They had encounter Allanan and young female who must have been the Dragon Queen as a girl. That Allenan had used a spell to send them to Gryphon Island. The encounters there and then sailing to Cyclops island. He told the battle there and the trek through the jungle to find the tower. How he died ..again.. trying to solve the riddle that let them into the tower. He filled her in on how they had found their way to this central room and the adventures going through each door and down those halls. He explained that the magic here was very strong and it seemed to change the rooms each time they went down a hall. He told her of how they needed to find a way down into the lower levels of the tower to find the power source that is supposed to be what will send them back to their own time.

"Now you know what we are trying to do. The time warp must have rolled some as travel out from the well room. Some how the Dragon Queen understood this and cast you into the warp at the right moment to drop you here. There is such great magic at work here and back in our time it is hard conceive,.. At any rate you are here and we need you."

The three of them finished their meal and prepared to head back down the center hall. Ulthok again took the lead. This time the hall led back the crypt room. As they drew nearer Ulthok noticed a glow coming from the pouch under his cloak. The mage pulled the gem bag out and as they walked more into the crypts the gems glowed brighter. "Here is a reason to have kept these stones, they may lead us to the passage down,. Sirene will you take one of these and see if leads you to something? I will keep the other and search the room to see where it leads me."



Posted on 2016-11-13 at 19:12:46.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6187 Posts


Joy...........

Peri......

From the beginning when the magic occurred that bound Ulthok to her Peri had always known that Valene was there as part of their little family. When Valene felt she needed to draw away Peri understood but it saddened her heart. But when Valene was whisked away there was a lose that she had never felt before. A sister had been taken and could do nothing. But now she here..safe.

She didn't want to force anything but if her Ulthok and Valene wanted to be friends again,that was very much good with her. So when Valene lay down next to Ulthok as he slept she took it as sign and surely she needed reassured the Ulthok would be here for her. Reaching out to Ulthok's mind she whispered," Roll over and cover me with your cloak."

As Ulthok followed her suggestion she felt his thoughts as he realized it was Valene he was covering. Smiling to herself she then nestled up to the pack an drifted off to sleep.

When morning came and Valene and Ulthok awoke she sensed to peacefulness in Ulthok's heart and that gave her much joy. Peri wanted to share that joy so when Ulthok opened the pack she remembered her little prizes. Digging out one of the freshest apples she carried it to Valene, ""I am so glad you are safe and have again joined us. Please take this to give you strength and share in my joy of your return." She smiled at Valene and then hurried back to get her biscuit.


Posted on 2016-11-13 at 20:03:36.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2387 Posts


The gems lead the way

Lothor stood at the back as the others entered the crypt again. He kept back to try and keep an eye on whatever might appear and leap out at them. From that vantage point he saw as Ulthok took out the gems again - they were glowing.

'Well, the gems mean something, anyway,' he thought to himself. 'Let us hope that they are worth the risk and lead somewhere.' But separating the gems and moving apart from the party had its own risks - the concerns about the salamander were still very real.

So Lothor slipped past the rest of the group and into the crypt. He moved just a few feet along the wall to the left - and stood with his back to the wall so that nothing could attack him from the rear, or so he hoped. As the two spell casters started to move apart with the gems he offered up a quick warning to everyone. "Be ready, those gems are doing something, but we don't know what will come of it." He held his two throwing axes in case something appeared and kept his eyes on Sirene and Ulthok in case something appeared.


Posted on 2016-11-13 at 20:57:46.
Edited on 2016-11-13 at 20:58:39 by Nomad D2

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Light my way

Siréne took the gem from Ulthok and nodded. "Yes, I will share this burden with you my friend. May the Goddess guide our path."

With the gem in hand, Siréne began to move through the chamber, ever vigilant of the light from the gems. The enchantress moved slowly, attuning her senses to the magic of the room. Her steps fell silent on the stone floor and she prayed for guidance through.


Posted on 2016-11-13 at 21:36:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


Changes

The crypt room, the same as before, caused the party to pause but a brief moment yet with the reaction of the two gems they all moved forward. Uthlok pulling the gems out of his pouch easily could see they glowed even brighter still. Gesturing to Siréne he handed her one of the gems.

"Here is a reason to have kept these stones, they may lead us to the passage down,.Siréne will you take one of these and see if leads you to something? I will keep the other and search the room to see where it leads me."

With the party armed and ready the two spell casters slowly made their way around the room finding nothing had changed. As both moved to meet at the center of the ten coffins they and the rest of the party could see as the gems glowed brighter that words colored in red were slowly appearing. Yet as they drew closer the language of the words were unknown the decade of dust covering them making them unreadable.

(I assume you'll carefully find a way to remove the dust.)

With the dust finally gone the party could easily read the words before. The words clearly magical as they appeared to each member in his or hers native tongue.

"A quest of Hate here ends with me
Yet I am Evil, round you endlessly
If you open come play with me
Touch me to flesh and free we shall be."

Slowly as the party read the words they became aware of two new things. The first that a new set of lights, these colored white did appear revealing two new holes hidden from the party earlier. The holes clearly shaped to fit the two gems held in the Halflings and Elf's hands.

The second that the air around them had once again become heavy as if weighted. It had grown colder as each could now see his or her own breath and strongest of all that it felt malignant, alive, watching, waiting.......

(DM OOC: Ok there you have it my post. I hope this gets you all killed ahh s*** I mean motivated yeah that's it motivated. Next move up to you ladies and gentleman)


Posted on 2016-11-14 at 20:02:54.
Edited on 2016-11-14 at 20:03:51 by TannTalas

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6187 Posts


Come Play.............

Ulthok had separated the gems on purpose to see if each had a special purpose but he draw near to Sirene by the center coffin the gems began to glow brighter. The light cast upon the coffin stone and letters seem to appear from under the dust and dirt but the words were unreadable. Extending his free hand Ulthok cast another cantrip of clean. As the dirt cleared away the words were clearly revealed.

To the Halfling's amazement the words appeared to him in his native tongue. "There is clearly a great and strong magic here. These words are written in my native language yet my kind has not yet graced this time. , We need to be aware that the tower is very aware of our presents even if the creatures here are not." The mage then read the words and pondered their meaning.

"A quest of Hate here ends with me,,

Yet I am Evil, round you endlessly,,,..

If you open,.. come play with me,,..

Touch me to flesh and free we shall be."

Then as if on cue a new set of lights, these colored white, appeared revealing two new holes hidden from the party earlier. The holes clearly shaped to fit the two gems.

"There.." Ulthok pointed, "the tower is calling us on,.I believe that is the key to the next passage." Turning to Sirene, " Let me take that stone so I can place them both,just in case there is another unpleasant surprise as was in the finger hole."

(O.OC., Assuming Sirene gives Ulthok the gem.)

"The tower is calling us to come play,..we need to travel with care,the touch me to flash warning could either be our key to be free of this time ..or maybe to free the Evil."

Ulthok walked to the lights and the air around them had once become heavy as if weighted. It grew colder and each of the party could now see their own breath and feel the strong sense of something malignant, alive, watching, waiting.......

(Assuming the party doesn't stop him.)

Holding a gems in each gloved hand Ulthok fit a gem to each hole.



Posted on 2016-11-19 at 12:38:23.
Edited on 2016-11-19 at 12:43:53 by Odyson

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2387 Posts


The choices of crazy little halflings shall rule us all

Lothor was as surprised as everyone when the gems glowed and words appeared on the tomb. And in the language of the Halfling . . . no, in his language. In everyone's native tongue, it seemed.

And now Ulthok was preparing to place the eyes. Every part of Lothor wanted to yell, "no!" But he wasn't really sure why. Well, because this room was evil. Extremely malignantly, evil. Why would it be good idea to put gems into the holes made for them on the tomb of malignant evil? This seemed like giving the tomb what it wanted. And Lothor was quite sure that they did not want to give the resident of this tomb what it wanted. Placing those eyes seemed . . . crazy?

But if they didn't, then what? The gems seemed to have a role to play. They had a home in the tomb. But then, why were they in the skull to begin with? What was the connection between the crypt here and the skull in the throne room? Would the salamander want the gems placed or not? There were so many questions and so few answers. He wanted to slow things down. He wanted to investigate the other rooms - were there other keys locked in other rooms just as these gems had been found in a room that didn't appear at first? What might the fountain or other places offer. He didn't know. But he didn't like this. But it was also well beyond him. This was stuff he didn't know about. Unfortunately, he didn't think the Halfling knew much about it either. It wasn't his kind of magic, whatever that meant. But maybe he knew more than Lothor. Maybe.

With deep misgivings, Lothor held his position with his back to the wall and watched the Halfling. Would the salamander appear? Would something else. There was almost no chance that nothing would happen.


Posted on 2016-11-19 at 16:04:27.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Rayne, with the rest of the party, approached the crypt room. As they did so, Ulthok pulled out the gems to reveal that they were glowing more. It seemed that going to the crypt room was increasing the strength of the Crystals. Perhaps they were drawn there? They would soon find out.

When they arrived, they carefully entered. Rayne was surprised that nothing attacked them, nor any traps went off. With the rest of the party remaining to cover them, Ulthok and Sirene went to examine the coffins. A brief statement appeared, and they all paused. As he was concerned about placing his hand on the stone sarcophagi, Ulthok made sure to use his gloves. As he began to place the gems in the slot, the party readied for a fight. Rayne made sure to use her longsword and buckler. No point in having her bow ready if they got attacked in close quarters combat.


Posted on 2016-11-20 at 17:35:51.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1275 Posts


Make Ready

Siréne narrowed her eyes as she passed the glowing gem to the little mage. She did not quite trust the course of action but could offer no other path to take. They had to move forward lest they remain trapped in this foreign time.

Letting the halfling take up the twin stones, Siréne set herself towards preparing for what hell might come. A word of power summoned threads of eldritch power to settle into her body and harden her skin. She would be ready for whatever trials were sent against them.

And so she stood and waited, her cerulean eyes watching for any sign of trouble.

((OOC: Stoneskin))


Posted on 2016-11-20 at 19:07:47.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.