The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is tomejohn.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Watching for Results.

Rayne continues to close in while watching for the result of her shots. Those below had attacked the swirling motes and seemingly struck some down, but they were still seriouly out numbered by a strange foe.

If her arrows so prove effective then she will continue shooting moving into optomine range about 30 feet.

If her arrows do not work then she will have to join those on the grond to aid them, However with the rising clouds of dust her view was being obscured. Frowing she watches them disappear. What do I see from above?


Posted on 2007-02-20 at 05:26:28.
Edited on 2007-02-21 at 06:38:34 by Brianna

DeryniLord
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/3
29 Posts


Tortured Souls

With a quick realization, Alasdair noted that the souls had initially been intent on those of their group with a spiritual bent. As evil had not been detected per se, he mused whether they sought forgiveness or absolution of some sort before moving onward, now that they had been freed from the gem.

Though he could no longer see those in his party, nor his beloved Althena, he gave a loud shout issuing a command, "Bless these tortured souls and help speed them on their way. A Sanctuary spell might also be in order to help us get through this mess." Knowing that his last swing was somewhat blind and not desiring to hit a friend, he sheathed his sword and reach out with his mind trying to contact both Althena and any of those souls that he could possibly bring to be at peace or wished to communicate in someway. As he did this, he slowly moved forward, treading carefully as he went so that he would not stumble or fall.


Posted on 2007-02-20 at 17:19:50.
Edited on 2007-02-20 at 17:22:11 by DeryniLord

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Hearing Alasdair call out his blessing, Cynil changes tack and taking hold of her Holy Symbol, tears are running down her face. She knows that their touch is draining her so she uses her staff in her right hand to fend them off. SHe the verbalizes the divine spell of Bless.

"The Blessings of the Goddess be upon your souls. It is time to seek your eternal rest."

She then prays, not just to her Goddess, but to all Good and Neutral Dieties to gather these lost and tormented Souls, but letting none come to close, she defends herself as best she can.


Posted on 2007-02-20 at 21:16:07.
Edited on 2007-02-21 at 00:44:59 by Dragon Mistress

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Plea for the tormented ones, and to rise above.

Just as he had hoped Ulthok watched as his 5 missles did indeed destroy 5 of the souls.This however it seems is the last thing he will be able to see for awhile as the destroying of the souls has created a large dust cloud that starts to obscure everything around him.

As he makes up his mind as to his next move he can hear two of his companions trying a new tactic first he hears Alasdiar issue a command of sorts "Bless these tortured souls and help speed them on their way" This is followed shortly by Cynil "The Blessings of the Goddess be upon your souls. It is time to seek your eternal rest."
Maybe they are on to something but he had no such spells that might help these tormented souls find release.

So in the meantime he wants to make sure all his friends remain alive and safe.Since he can't see any farther than arms legnth he doesn't want to send out any more magic missles or any thing that could possably hurt his companions so he deceides to see if maybe he can get a better vantage point from up above this whole mess.So he does two things.Even though he is no cleric or any type of priest he guesses that saying a prayer to the gods for the release of these tormented souls can't hurt anything.

So as he gets out a flask of levetation potion and drinks it, as he raises up into the air above the battlefield he calls out a prayed to any god who might listen to him.
In the name of all that is rightous and good in this world please hear my call.What I now ask I ask not for myself but for the poor tormented souls on the field below me.They have been captured and tormented not by their own doing, but by an evil that had taken their very souls.May their torment be ended and they be allowed to finish the journy to their final rest and reward.
Now floating above the battlefield he looks down to see what if any advantage he has gained up here, and watches to see if any one of their pleas for the souls has worked.


Posted on 2007-02-21 at 09:49:05.
Edited on 2007-02-21 at 09:51:11 by Dragonmist

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 455/28
8014 Posts


Bless the breadm bless the cheese, everybody pray...on your knees!

Cor almost found himself wanting to laugh in spite of the dire situation. This had truly become a battle of battles and, it seemed, whatever the party attempted against these spirits only served to complicate things… While the spirits did seem to dispel when they were attacked, their dismissal resulted in the cloying, choking dust that the cleric was certain would be the death of them all if other means could not be found to coax the spirits on.

All around him, he heard the tell-tale whooshing of weapons cutting the air (many of the blows striking true despite the lack of an audible connection) and the uttering of spells and such from the mouths of his compatriots, each doing their part (some, perhaps, in desperation) to see that their own souls didn’t soon join the phantasmal army… It was Alasdair’s call for a blessing, and Cynil’s following attempt at such a thing that finally brought Cor to his senses. Still blinking away the dust that clung now to almost everything, and spitting the stuff as best he could from his tongue, the dwarven cleric of Odin let go of his battle-ready stance, and lowered his weapon even as the prayers to his god formed in his mind and were passed to his lips…

“Odin, bless these poor souls and, in your infinite power and wisdom, aid me in seeing them on to the halls of their own gods…”

The supplication ended and Odin’s power touching him, Cor then stepped forward and, from the midst of the fray, called out in a loud voice to the ghostly army. “Gentle spirits, your torment is ended! The gem that was your prison is no more! Peace and eternal blessings await you in the presence of your gods! Go to them, now! Leave behind this place of anguish and tribulation! Do not look to we mortals to provide you peace! Look to your gods and find your way home!”

((OOC: Okie-doke… Bless and Speak with Dead, por favor! Again, Tann, sorry for the delay… I’ll figure out how to be a holy man… er… dwarf before too much longer. ))


Posted on 2007-02-21 at 17:19:14.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


Round Three

And so it had come to pass that on this, the 3rd round of battle, vision was hampered, the enemy all around them and the chill of wounds taken yet strong. Would this round be worse then the two before?....

The first to act this round was the Fighter/Mage Haila her lips moving as she intoned a Control Weather Spell to attempt to clear away the dust and grant vision once again to all. Her spell cast and the dust beginning to thin it would still be a few minutes before sight and normal breathing would be restored....

Alasdair having come finally to the realization of the true nature of the Souls before the party did seek to convey his thoughts to all. Yet at the same time reaching out to his beloved even as the dust did start to clear.
"Bless these tortured souls and help speed them on their way. A Sanctuary spell might also be in order to help us get through this mess."

His mental call touching the mind of Althena he found her calling him and within seconds their link which had seemed severed in that brief moment as if for months was once again whole. Making his way to her side they once again stood side by side the souls yet concentrating on ‘The Three‘....

Althena her mind frantic, her body yet cold from the Tormented souls touch did once again attempt to contact the mind of Alasdair and her joy was overwhelming as she felt him looking for her too.

Within minutes the cavalier/Psionic was once again by her side and her feelings of doom were once again quiet. Her task in this quest no secret to any in the party yet the weight of it was heavy nonetheless. If not for the comfort of a love long sought her mind on the verge of mania close would be. Taking strength in the return of Alasdair she stood firm against the coming tide....

Magma was ready for battle though his breathing was hard, with his new axe at the ready he moved and did lash out in attack, only to have the axe itself turn its blade aside screaming friend inside his mind. What friend, male or female unknown to him due to the slowly clearing dust, but a new respect found in the weapon he held before him for its intelligence in knowing friend from foe....

The next two party members to act as if almost as one person were the Druid Cynil and the Cleric Cor both having heard Alasdair’s cry and facing 20+ Tormanted souls each did intone with their own words of worship the Spell of Bless.

A cry as if from out of nowhere did come forth in a wave of almost overpowering sound and each party member found themselves almost brought to their knee‘s with the volume of it. But for its volume the sound was different then it had been before, not of hate or anger, but as if the Tormented souls took great joy in rapture of release. The party watched in silence as before them the souls began to disappear. The battle clearly at an end....

The last of the party to act this round, and before the souls had fully disappeared, was the Halfling Ulthok with the words of Levitation upon his lips he arose above the quickly ending battle. Words of blessing spoken loudly into the air he did attempt to help the souls upon their journey to a better place. His hope now and forever that they would find joy and not hatred in the heavens above.

But with the words spoken he did notice before him a beautiful female Elf upon the back of a Pegasus with a bow in her hand and an arrow knocked, aiming at the battle below. Her manner and armor proclaiming her a servant of the King of Shann’Tara, the halfling did angle himself towards her so that he might be the first to greet her....

Rayne looking upon the battle from above could see nothing through the cloud of dust below. Her bow ready and an arrow knocked she knew better then to fire the risk of hitting a friend to great.

As she debated her next move she watched almost with a smile of amusement as a small form did rise above the dust below. By its size and clothing she was reasonable sure it was the Halfling Ulthok having been given descriptions of each. With a small gentle motion to her stead she headed towards him to gain knowledge of the battle below and did watch as he for the first time noticed her too and attempted to angle himself towards her.

A meeting most unlikely of two people in the air....

ABOVE THEM ALL
She watched as the battle progressed and did almost aid the party below to save the One, but Soulcatcher knew that only as a last resort was she to interfere with the Ones journey.
Having already been berated for her destruction of the city of Chard Rush she wished not to the anger the leader once again for to do so would surely mean her demise at his hand. So she did watch as the Tormented souls below were defeated and the dust began to clear. She watched as the Pegasus rider did move to meet with the floating Halfling.
And she watched as the party below, with the false pretense of protecting the One, did gather themselves together once more.
From high above, unseen by all, she watched.....

(OOC; Ok everyone awesome posting this week I cannot tell you how pleased I am that everyone actively involved in the game posted. And thanks to your early posting I was able to get this post up and done early today.

Welcome back to both Derynilord and Dark Autumn and may they once again pick up where they left off.

And to update everyone on the status of Conall I should have a new player for him soon as I am talking to this person and getting him prepared to take over the Paladin’s role.
Next post next Wednesday as normal, again damn good posting PLEASE oh PLEASE keep it up. )


Posted on 2007-02-21 at 20:13:56.
Edited on 2007-02-21 at 20:20:40 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne had heard the massed cry from the swirling forms and to her ears it was the dry of release. She watches below and see a figure rising out of the swirling dust below she turns towards the dimiuative figue and Shars responds to the twist in her body swooping over towards the airborn halfling. Shara's mightly wings rise and fall swiftly and she carries Rayne n the direction indicated

"Well meet, Sir Halfling, you must be Ulthok unless I am mistaken" Not that she thought she was from what she had seen below before it got so obscured with dust. "I have been looking for your group for days. Why don't we descend and then I can deliever my message from the King."

Rayne calls on the great Eagle Owl, Arfaren, using her ring of animal communication. "Stay aloft and keep watch. This may have attacted attention of others that we do not want to draw nigh while I am on the ground. If you see Storm, Shadow and Softfoot or any of the others, please direct them this way.


Posted on 2007-02-24 at 21:37:33.
Edited on 2007-02-26 at 05:10:04 by Brianna

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A new friend with a message to deliver.

As he drifted upwards and called out his blessing to join with the others who where doing the same
Ulthok at first heard a overpowering cry coming from the souls below.However the tone of this cry was different than the first and seemed more of a cry of pleasure, and although he could scarcely see even though the dust was beginning to thin he was quite sure that the battle was over and the souls had been released to their final resting.

As he looked up and about he could not help but see the lovely female elf astride her Pegasus, she nad a arrow knocked in her bow and was taking aim at the battle below.He could tell however by her dress that she was friend and a servant of the king so he angles himself so as to float towards her in greeting.

As he floats in her direction she whirls her Pegasus around and sweeps over towards him in greeting.
”Well meet, Sir Halfling, you must be Ulthok unless IO am mistake.” Ulthok bows slightly at the waist as best as he can while floating out of respect towards the kings servant”No you are correct I am Ulthok member of the kings elite task force, and what may I ask lovely maiden is your name, and what brings one of the kings riders out this far?”
She looks at him as she responds to his question. He first learns her name is Rayne and then ”I have been looking for your group for days. Why don't we descend and I can then deliver the message I have from the king.
So as she prepares Ulthok utters the words needed to start his decent back towards the ground.As he does he keeps watch through the remaining dust so he can angle himself towards Alasdiar.As he settles down to the ground close to their leader he calls out to him.Alasdiar, we have companya lovely elf by the name of Rayne has brought us a message from the king. and as he speaks he can tell that the Pegasus has landed near him.With nothing else to do he steps aside and waits with the rest to here what message the king had thought so important as to send out a group to find them and deliver it to them.


Posted on 2007-02-25 at 22:48:32.
Edited on 2007-02-25 at 22:50:45 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

As the blessings ring out and the cries of the tormented sould turn to rapture, Cynil kneels and prays for them. As she prays she scraps a hole in the soft forest floor and scoops some of the dust into it. Reaching into her pouch she pull out an acorn, drops it into the hole and covers it over withe good earth.

She then takes out her waterskin and soaks the soil around the acorn.

"Mielikki, bless this seed that it will become a mighty oak in honor of our lost comrade."

When she finishes her prayers she stands and returns to the rest of their group. Her eyes light up as she greets each, and they sparkle when she looks upon Connall. She is releaved that there were no other casualites

"Is anyone in need of healing?"


Posted on 2007-02-28 at 05:27:45.
Edited on 2007-02-28 at 05:31:44 by Dragon Mistress

DeryniLord
Occasional Visitor
Karma: 4/3
29 Posts


Weary of Battle

With a sense of weariness, Alasdair looked about the carnage before them all. I this battle many had lost their lives. It was but small reassurance that they were able to free the tormented souls captured by the gem. Though the battle with the beetle, gem and then the souls had lasted but mere minutes, that time had taken a severe toll on them all.

Alasdair laid a reassuring hand upon Lady Althena's shoulder and asked, "Are ye already, no injuries that need tending?" After receiving her acknowledgement that she would be fine he nodded and stepped away to beging a closer inspect of the field before them. In a loud voice he called out new orders... "My friends, many have fallen today, we need to tend to those that have fallen and are still injured. Lady Cynil and Borther Cor please assist the injured as you may and let me know if my own healing talents might be of use as well."

Then his eyes turned upon the "noble" paladin Conall and he made his way in that direction. To all it was obvious that words needed to be said. It was upto Conall how they would be received. In a harsh voice he said, "I've a mind to send you back to the King's court for your folly today. In your rash actions you've cost this party your trust and the life of at least one party member. Your charge was to be Lady Althena's guard to protect her from harm and foul play, not to be the ruler of her heart. She is a grown woman, far older than you and I put together. Being of noble blood, I would have thought you'd be happy for her to be able to free herself somewhat from the heavy burden this quest has placed upon her entire life. Be happy that she can take some measure of happiness where she can, hold it not against her, for in doing so you dishonor not only Lady Althena, but yourself as well." Thus said Alasdair waited for a response.

OOC - If Conall makes no response, Alasdair will move away and begin tending to the injuries of the others and accessing what may be salvaged from the field to aid them in their mission.

After walking away from Conall, he hears Ulthok call out "Alasdiar, we have company, a lovely elf by the name of Rayne has brought us a message from the king." Turning to look he sees Ulthok and the female pegasus rider named Rayne. With the best smile that he can muster, Alasdair walks forward and gives a warriors salute and says, "Well met, I am Alasdair MacKenzie, leader of the Special Guards. What messgae do you bring and how may we be of service?"


Posted on 2007-02-28 at 14:05:17.
Edited on 2007-03-01 at 01:42:52 by DeryniLord

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 455/28
8014 Posts


Band-aids! Peroxide! Iodine! Who's got boo-boos?

The cleric of Odin continues with his prayers until he feels the last of the souls pass on to their rightful places. When the final spirit had crossed over to the glorious halls of whatever god or goddess they may have paid homage to in life, Cor smiled faintly and, even as he set about brushing off the remaining dust that had not been cleared away by Haila’s spell, cast his gaze upon the form of each of his compatriots. None looked as if they’d been over-hurt by the battle (save for poor Af’til, of course) but, even so, Cor sought to ensure that even the most minor of wounds went untended. This mission isn’t likely to get easier as we go,. he thought, and we’ll be needing all of us as fit as we can manage.
Before his own offer could be voiced, though, Cynil offers up her skills. Always quick, that one, Cor smiles. “Aye,” he chuffed aloud as he moved closer to his comrades, “now be the time for healin’ if any of ye should be in need. We’ve a long road ahead and…”

It was then that Ulthok, accompanied by a lovely elven lass astride a Pegasus, descended into their midst. “Alasdiar,” the Halfling announced as he settled to earth, “we have company. A lovely elf by the name of Rayne has brought us a message from the king.”

“Impeccable timin’, that,” Cor chuckled as he ambled amongst the party and looked them over for wounds.



Posted on 2007-02-28 at 14:06:55.
Edited on 2007-02-28 at 16:44:39 by Eol Fefalas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil offers her healing to any in need ans when all is said and done, she goes to Cor.

"I took some cold damage from the spirits, but that is the only damage I recieved."

Cynil looks over to Conall and wonders how he will act to Alasdair's words. It was none of her busineses, Alasdair was their leader and he found fault with Conall's actions.



Posted on 2007-03-01 at 04:46:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


Moving ever Northward

And so it was finally over this battle of man vs. gem and the souls of the Tormented. A companion lost yet a new one arrived, a sealed message from the king in her care.

The first to act after the battle were the Druid Cynil and the Cleric Knight Cor each offering healing to those of the party in such need. A prayer to the fallen soul of Af’til given she began to heal some while Cor began to heal the rest. In only a small span of minutes all in the party were once again at full health.

With the most important matter at hand taken care of the party could now greet the guest before them, the Pegasii trooper Rayne Fireheart she sent by the Shann’tarian King with a sealed envelope for the Cavalier Alasdair.

Upon its opening the Cavalier did read it aloud to all

“Be aware that it is believed you are being followed for it has come to me through the court mages that the Shadow Wraiths seek Althena and are suspected of the destruction of the Port of Chard Rush. I have sent to you Rayne Fireheart through magical speed and flight to bring you this warning. She is to remain with you, along with her Pegasus, to provide you an airborne scout to speed your passage northward. Take care and stay vigilant for the Dark King masses his forces to cross the Strait of Aladron even as I send you this.”
Signed Maridynn, King of Shann’tara

With the message read and its implications noted it was time to move north once again but Alasdair did have one task before him. Turning to Conall he did speak

"I've a mind to send you back to the King's court for your folly today. In your rash actions you've cost this party your trust and the life of at least one party member. Your charge was to be Lady Althena's guard to protect her from harm and foul play, not to be the ruler of her heart. She is a grown woman, far older than you and I put together. Being of noble blood, I would have thought you'd be happy for her to be able to free herself somewhat from the heavy burden this quest has placed upon her entire life. Be happy that she can take some measure of happiness where she can, hold it not against her, for in doing so you dishonor not only Lady Althena, but yourself as well." Thus said Alasdair waited for a response

A response that was not short in coming as Conall with palm open did lay it upon the Cavaliers shoulder.

“Know ye this Alasdair my reasons were noble if maybe somewhat hasty, perhaps when all this is done and behind us, I will tell you what dwells within. For now know ye that I remain true to our mission.”

With the words spoken and an answer given the time for a full discussion was clear to both of them not to be at this time. With Af’til’s horse, the spoils from the beetle’s belly, and remaining gear gathered and the party once again mounted they pressed north.

Heeding the King’s warning they rode through the night and the next day and night with only brief stops to rest and to give the horses and themselves food and drink, crossing into the Dwarven land of Erebor at just past 1am.
So it was on the morn of the third day they reached the Dwarven river City of Star Falls, where the next part of their journey would begin. But for now the nine adventures were dirty, hungry and in desperate need of sleep.

(OOC: Ok below is the stuff that was in the belly of the earthquake beetle and the gear on Af’tils horse its not much.
The good news is that with the XP from this battle, the role playing XP, and the magical XP from spells cast or items used a few of you went up in LvLs.

Althena: Up to 10th Level
Cor: Up to 13th Level
Magma: up to 12th level

Also the following characters are down a number of spells as listed below. The level they are from is listed on your character sheets in the Character thread.
Brianna: 2
Cor: 16
Cynil: 6
Haila: 3
Ulthok: 3
Ok good posting by those that did post.

Ok a Conall update… I am sorry to say that my efforts to secure a new player for him have failed. As such I took a gamble and did attempt one last time to talk Kyle into returning to play him once again.
Much to my surprise, and yes happiness, he agreed and will once again start playing him next week. The words listed in his response to Alasdair are his but posted by me due to him being at work when I called. Please everyone welcome him back.
Well next post next Wednesday as normal.

AF’TIL’S GEAR Elvin Harp
Flint/Steel
Rope Silk 50ft
Wineskin
Writing Ink (2 vials)
Oil (2 flasks)
Paper (2 sheets)
Parchment (2 sheets)
Quill pen x4
Signet Ring
Flasks of Holy Water x10

Mace of Disruption +1
Morning Star +2

BEETLE'S BELLY 3 Rubies
2 Emerald’s
6 Diamond’s
2 Pearl’s
A ring
A Dagger


Posted on 2007-03-01 at 05:39:46.
Edited on 2007-03-01 at 17:25:34 by TannTalas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Cynil was glad that Alasdair and Conall had come to some meeting of the minds before they left the area.

When it came her chance she introduced herself to the elf, Rayne. "I am Cynil a Druidess." She wondered what Rayne would think of a Druidess in a fighters' company, sometimes she wondered herself. There were times she worried she was more of a hindrance than a help.

Now Alasdair had pushed them hard, but no harder than he pushed himself. Cynil kept searching around trying to feel this other that was trying to follow they. During the trek Cynil would dismount her horse and walk or jog along side it, giving the horse's back and break ans well as giving her backside a break. She was pleased that she had the wherewithall to buy an ambler for the trip, but still 14-16 hourse in the saddle except for the necessary breaks, more that she had ever ridden before. She was not made of the stuff needed for forced marches...err rides.

At the gates of the city Cynil draws rein and speaks to one of the guards.

"If you where a traveler and wanted an inn in town where the rooms were clean and fresh, the food good, the drink good and the noise level low and all for a decent price, where would you go?"

She needed a hot bath and good food and she needed to sleep and regather her spells.


Posted on 2007-03-02 at 18:08:27.
Edited on 2007-03-02 at 18:10:58 by Dragon Mistress

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


I dishonor?

The hair on the back on Conall’s neck stood on end hearing the words of Alasdair. They stood on end still. Many times on the road during the time hence Alasdair’s words Conall thought back to that cold morning when the sword was placed to his shoulders, the words spoken, and he stood a knight. Then as a last act his uncle stepped before Conall and with leather clad hand slapped Conall across the face and spoke, “This is the last insult you may receive without defending your honor.”

Many times those words rang in Conall’s head. ‘How dare he say I dishonor the lady!’ Conall thought to himself, ‘It was he who was in some tavern in the early hours of the morning with her curled up on his lap like some common bar harlot. And he dare say I dishonor her. He is only a Cavalier and knows not the proper ways of true ladies and lords, but perhaps I can school him in the ways of such things.’

Some time during the road north Conall found the opportunity to speak to Rayne, “Well met, I am Conall Glendower of the House Glendower. The King honors you or condemns you with this calling he has given us all. Perhaps we will know the answer to that riddle at the journey’s end.”


Posted on 2007-03-06 at 11:51:47.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.