The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Spamvertize - Olan and saving cash... (posted by breebles)Olan and saving cash...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6111 Posts


More Choices......

As the ice tumbled away Ulthok saw words appear written on the door.

Something tapped me on the shoulder
Something whispered “come with me
Leave the world of men behind you
Come where care will never find you”

“Come and follow, let me bind you
Where, in that dark, silent sea
Tempest of the world n’er rages
There to dream away the ages”

Heedless of time’s turning pages
Leave the world of man behind you
Come where care will never find you
There to dream away the ages”

Something tapped me on the shoulder

"Oh my, that sounds a bit nasty."

Ulthok turned back to went back to the party and told them what he had read. As the warmth around Sirene started to soak into him he suggested they find out if there might be words on the other door.

Looking up at Sirene he saw the concentration on her face and guessed she was about to try something.

"Everyone backup behind Sirene, use the stairs to clear the room but stay in the warmth. Ulthok moved to the Enchantress's side and prepared to help or protect her.

(If anything should happen to Sirene to break her control Temp spell Ulthok will cast Leomund’s Tiny Hut to provide a safe location from the cold for the party. It will cover the group.)


Posted on 2017-03-02 at 20:33:15.
Edited on 2017-03-19 at 11:08:03 by Odyson

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


Here too . . .

Lothor, as usual, was both impressed and a bit nervous about the power of magic. The ice in front of the door essentially disintegrated. In fact, that was exactly what it did according to the title Ulthok had given the spell. It was a bit unnerving to think that something like that could be done to . . . well, anything, really. But especially the thought that it could be done to something living. No visible threat, just there and then . . . not there. Ouch. Or maybe not ouch, just nothingness. . .

He shook his head to clear it of such contemplations. He was glad that Ulthok and the other spellcasters were on his side. And that included Sirene and her spell of protection from the temperature. He didn't like it down here. The line between life and frozen death was a fine one and completely dependent on someone else's magical power. He have prederred a pile of furs for warmth, but doubted even polar bear furs would be enough here. He needed the magic.

And he'd continue to need it for awhile. There didn't seem to be much he could do about the situation. He'd need to stand back and watch the spell casters try things. And so the big warrior held his great axe and stood guard. Were the statues moving? Was anything happening in the pool? Might the door open? He kept his eyes open. At least the cold meant the salamander was less likely to pop in on them here. Maybe. He probably couldn't count on that either.

And so he did what warriors do. He stood watch while the mages did their "magey things."


Posted on 2017-03-11 at 14:31:37.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1262 Posts


A song to the siren

The pulse of magic surged through her as the ice fell from the northern doorway. Thick walls of ice had dampened the magic beyond them, but with them gone she could feel it all clearly. It was the pool that called to her the most. Somehow, Siréne knew that magic and yet it was foreign to her. This was a magic she had never called upon herself, but still its song was familiar.

The fey witch narrowed her eyes to stare another moment into the pool before turning her gaze to the western doorway. They knew too little and were guessing a riddles in the dark. What message might lay hidden beneath the wall of ice? It was time they had answers to their questions.

Siréne guided the group as far from the doors as she could take them while still keeping the western door within her magical reach. Then the witch began her work.

A single, wordless note left Siréne's lips in a clear soprano. There was magic in this song. With fey magic she held the song in her hands and it continued without her voice. Taking a final breath, Siréne released the voiceless song to spin into the western door. As the note flew it grew higher and higher in pitch until it was beyond hearing, shattering the frozen crystals.

((OOC: Casts Shatter to target the Western Door))



Posted on 2017-03-17 at 22:25:41.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

The pool momentarily forgotten, the hole above the West door became the new focus. It was not overly big, about the size of a human head; however, it was odd enough to draw their attention. The came up with 2 main plans. One was to for Rayne to ride on the giant Aliya and use her flame blade. The other option was for Sirene to blast it with a spell of shatter. The latter won out.

Following everyone behind Sirene into the stair way. She made sure to stand a little way back, after casting and testing Iron Vigil to make sure she would not die from the cold, as to not be shoulder to shoulder with anyone else. Unfortunately, she probably would not be able to see what happened the instant it did, but it beat everyone being caught up if they had to swing their weapons. If it were to summon something large, the last thing they needed was to all be literally hit in one swing.


Posted on 2017-03-19 at 00:22:45.
Edited on 2017-03-19 at 00:28:19 by SirSadaar

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6323 Posts


A Very Short Post

With the casting of Sirene’s Shatter spell the ice around the West door and female pillars was blown away in seconds leaving the door and pillars even clearer of ice then that of the North door.

Though the party was a ways away writing could clearly be seen on the door appearing to be in the same language as on the North door. However to read the words the party or one of them would have to once more move closer.

(DM OOC: Ok a very short post as not much to work with. Ok people give me something to work with for next Sunday’s post. As of now next post next Sunday the 26th)


Posted on 2017-03-20 at 01:12:20.
Edited on 2017-03-20 at 01:22:26 by TannTalas

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6111 Posts


Messagees.......

Sirene's spell had the desired effect as the ice fell away from the door. As suspected the party could writing on this door too but they were too far away to make out the words.

Ulthok knew it was his job to scout things out so tested the cold of the room by sticking his hand past Sirene's comfort zone.

(assuming his endure spell is still intact and there was no additional cold treats.)

Finding it still relatively safe for him he cautiously moved to where he could read the message on the door. Scanning the door he read the words aloud to the party.



Posted on 2017-03-26 at 15:09:10.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


...

Rayne fliched at the sound of shattering ice. Sometimes, having highly sensitive hearing was more of a pain than a help. However, the next time they encountered something trying to sneak up, the brief moment of pain from noise would be unimportant.

Rayne aimed her bow towards the door, well, as much as possible from her point in the hallway. Despite her readiness, nothing showed itself. This was going too well...

Despite her weariness, she did recall the statues from previous, as well as the spirits. This place was clearly well defended. However, again she'd have to let the mages handle this situation, as her skills were ineffective in this situation.


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 15:11:01.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1262 Posts


Wuzzat say?

With the ice barrier shattered another wall of text was revealed. Siréne guided the group closer to the doorways to minimize the distance Ulthok would have to be alone in the cold. The witch remained vigil, ever aware that survival for all in this place depended on her magic now. She moved with care, ensuring that all remained within the safety of the warmth. Her's was to support, let the others seek and search.


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 16:36:25.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


Just standing here while my toes freeze. Or don't. Thanks, Sirene.

In this ice cave Lothor had felt like a spare part. He watched as the ice shattered and another message was revealed. As expected. He held his position by Sirene, keeping his eyes open waiting for something to finally come popping out at them. It would happen eventually.

“Can we check the hole at the same time Ulthok reads the message?” Both needed to be done, so lets get it done, he thought. But for him it was guard duty.


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 18:56:19.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Perhaps a lift?

Aliya sees the hole revealed and wishes to get a closer look, all the while staying within a warmth spell.

"If one of you will cast a warming spell on me, I will go to investigate the hole, and will gladly lift anyone who wishes to also have a look", she says, glancing about at the others, waiting for a response.


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 23:16:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6323 Posts


Good timing Aletheia

With the ice gone from the door once more Ulthok, still protected by the spell of Endure Cold, made his way to read the words upon it’s frame.

“Burrow Burrow down and deep”
“Burrow Burrow gnash and weep”
“Deep beneath this granite heap”
“Deep beneath the ground It sleeps”


Though the air in this room was beyond freezing still the Halfling Thief/Mage felt a chill as to the nature of these words. As far as Ulthok could tell as he scanned the hole set above the door it seemed to be sized large enough to fit him. With Sirene having moved the group closer to this door Aliya, still giant sized and now also protected by one of Cor’s Endure spells, was able to easily lift him to see within.

Looking inside he could see only so far thanks to his eyes, yet even that was limited as darkness seemed to eclipse the light. However from what he could see he determined that the hole was not designed as part of the wall but more seemingly ‘dug’ out as if by some type of stone borrowing creature. This ’hole’ would easily fit him, Valene, or the parties familiars, were he or they to go exploring. However even then they would need to leave a good portion of their carried gear behind. As to the rest of the party they were to big and heavily encumbered to fit without the aid of magic.

For now the party was still at a crossroads the only question now North or West.

(Ok glad to see 4 out of 6 players posted I was starting to think interest in Trilogy had died for all of you.
Next post, next Sunday the 2nd of April.)


Posted on 2017-03-26 at 23:20:42.
Edited on 2017-03-28 at 13:00:19 by TannTalas

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2326 Posts


Warriors doing warrior things

Another door, another poem. He wondered if there would be writing at the bottom of the pool. And now they had something burrowing and something about to tap them on the shoulder and take them into nothingness. Nice. It sounded like a nice place to take a vacation. Except, maybe the deadly cold. That was a bit of a downer. Well, there was the hot tub.

"The burrowing is interesting, but we might be better off not meeting whatever that refers to. We aren't here to investigate the tower, just to find a portal." He'd like to have added more to the conversation, but for now all he could do was warrior stuff - like standing guard. And so he stood guard as alertly as he could.


Posted on 2017-04-09 at 14:26:11.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 64/11
1262 Posts


To seek and to know

Siréne lifted up a hand before her and spoke an eldritch word of power. The magic of Faerie coursing through her veins came alive and flowed out before her to form a twinkling ball of azure light. The sphere of faerie light danced before the witch for a heartbeat before winking out from sight. Invisible though it might be, Siréne could sense her sentry from the unseen world and directed it to seek out what lay hidden.

Silent and invisible, the fey eye soared through the room searching every burrow and crevice. It flew through the holes in the great doors to search beyond and even dove the fathoms of the uncanny pool. They would know what lay hidden.

((OOC: Casts Wizard Eye - Will search all she can with the eye. Sending the eye through the holes in the doors and into the pool. Will search until the spell is exhausted.))


Posted on 2017-04-09 at 19:30:18.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6111 Posts


Learn More...........

Ulthok considered the sayings written on the doors. One seemed to lure them to a fate of being lost to time and another to the den of some burrowing creature. They needed more information.

Turning to the group, "We could use more information before picking a way." As he looked up he saw the features of Sirene and knew she was casting. Perhaps they would have more clues soon.


Posted on 2017-04-09 at 21:35:46.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Follow the bouncing ball . . .

Aliya heard the whispers of an incantation behind her, and turned to see the witch concentrating, casting a spell she mused, but not knowing which.
When she saw the globe of light manifest before the woman, then disappear, Aliya was sure it had turned invisible and was flying about, investigating all they had been discussing. She hoped Sirène's spell afforded some answers, as they needed to make a decision on where to turn soon. The half-elf turned her concentration then on staying vigilant, readying her sword and watching for anything that could harm her companions.


Posted on 2017-04-16 at 05:00:37.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.