The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3926 registered users. Our newest member is ninetail039.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Oh look a DM game post :)

With the numbing cold of this level of the tower and in this room all around them, the party waited for someone to act. Once again at the urging of Uthlok, who had become in the recent months more of a leader then a thief, Sirene stepped forward. Gazing within her mind she spoke the words of a spell long known and brought forth her Wizard’s Eye.

Silent and invisible, the fey eye soared through the room searching every burrow and crevice. It flew through the holes in the great doors to search beyond and even dove the fathoms of the uncanny pool.

The doors clearly were protected by magic and guarded but what had once been powerful and deadly, was now weak and almost frail it seemed to the Elvin Enchantress. Though weak the magic was enough to stop the wizard eye from passing beyond, however the hole above the west door was not so protected. Sirene sending her mind’s eye through it was able to use it to by pass the door, to find it was nothing more then a borrowed tunnel as if carved through the stone. Through it Sirene was able to see that nothing lay beyond this Western door, but another long ice covered hallway.

However to the North her eye was stopped, as with the West door the magic yet strong enough to keep her out. The pool was next and as sent the eye into its depths found that the pool was actually a naturally heated stream of water flowing from a small river outside the tower and running through a series of hot springs leading to this room. Thus the reason for it’s warmth and lack of freezing. The tunnel big enough only for a small child or halfling, though clearly leading to outside of the tower walls.


(DM OOC: OK first post in a longer then normal time frame. So there you have a bit more information as to what lies in the pool and beyond one door. Choose wisely. Ok next post Sunday the 30th as we are presently in a two week post cycle. If everyone gets their posts in early, then so will I.)


Posted on 2017-04-16 at 22:52:12.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6028 Posts


I Spy With My Little Eye.........

Ulthok recognized the Sirene was using a Wizard's Eye spell. A smile crossed his face as he knew they would soon have more clarity on what they could do next.

When the Sorceress finally opened her eyes the halfling looked up at her, "Well...what did you see?"


Posted on 2017-04-18 at 20:02:56.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


Here and there

Fey magic took her senses beyond her being. Siréne allowed her embodied vision to grow distant as the visions from the witch's eye came to her. For a time she was in two places at once, feeling them both as real. And so she sought through the great chamber, beyond the doorways and pools, seeking ever seeking.

After a time, Siréne let her awareness return to her body but maintained the spell. The eye had not found much, but perhaps the others would think of a few other places to search.

Likely noticing her lucidity, Ulthok piped up, "Well... what did you see?"

Siréne smiled and nodded, "Much of what lies beyond is as barren as this pathway. There is an ancient magic lain over the doors. It is feels like a frail barrier but it was still enough to keep me out. I was able to use the hole above the west door to pass beyond and found another ice covered hallway much like the one we are standing in now. The pool is connected to a network of hot springs leading to a river outside of the tower."

"We may know more, but what we do know is incomplete. If we can find some tunnel beyond the other doors I might be able to peer beyond. If not we must use what we have and move onward."


Posted on 2017-04-23 at 14:56:05.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6028 Posts


Onward.........

"We may know more, but what we do know is incomplete. If we can find some tunnel beyond the other doors I might be able to peer beyond. If not we must use what we have and move onward."
Ulthok looked back at the north door, “ The pool could be an emergency escape, but I don’t feel it is the way we are meant to go. I will cast a dispel on the door and pull it open enough for to pass your sight through. Or we can just head that way and stay alert to the magic that would they to make us dream away the ages.”

Ulthok headed back to the north doors, looking back, “Unless anyone objects?”

(O.O.C. so if the does object Ulthok will cast dispel and try to pull open the north doors so Sirene can send in her wizards eye. Or we can just march on through.)



Posted on 2017-04-23 at 20:21:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


.

Cor listened to the report. "Tis prety clear there is nay anything ta be found in here. Ulthok, if ye will open the door of your choice."


Posted on 2017-04-24 at 06:36:52.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6028 Posts


Choice By Chance...........

Ulthok had started across the room when he heard Cor say he'd go with the Halfling's choice. Smiling he turn back to the group.

"Well the facts are not clear so we may as well go on luck. Lothor pull a coin from your pouch and flip it. Head we go north, tails we go west. Let's see if that rabbit's foot of yours will smile on us.

(O.O.C. Ok Nomad, either flip a coin or go to the dice roller and roll a d2..1 = heads..2 = tails. Write in your post the result.)
When lothor had called out his result Ulthok walked to that door and cast Dispels Magic on it and tried to pull it open.


Posted on 2017-04-28 at 19:32:38.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


Heads we win, tails we . . . no, we don't do that, do we?

Lothor smirked as Ulthok asked him to flip a coin. Trust to the fates, it seemed. It was easy enough to grab a coin as he had been playing around with the idea of tossing it into the pool for sometime - which meant he had been playing around with the coin in his hand. So he flipped it.

And it landed with the image of a dragons head staring up at him. He assumed this was the heads side of the coin. He'd never actually looked at what would be the tail side, so as he picked up the coin he glanced at the back side and saw . . . a dragon's back side. It seemed they made their coins literally where ever this little piece of copper came from. At least it wasn't a giants image, that was one back side he didn't need to see.

"Heads it is. Lead on Ulthok as the rest of us continue to huddle near Sirene. I shall continue to stand guard against the cold."


Posted on 2017-04-29 at 11:52:19.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6028 Posts


Head's it is...........

With the hand of fate once again guiding their moves Ulthok walk to doors on the end, raised his hands and uttered the words to call forth the magic to dispel the magic on the door.

Waiting only enough time for the spell to nullify the charm he looked to the hinges to see which the door should move. Then finding a place for a hand grip he attempted to open the great doors.

(if the doors open without reaction.)

As the doors swung open the rogue checked the opening for trips and traps. (Assuming nothing found)

Ulthok waved to Sirene to move the party into the new hallway as he led the way and continued to search for triggers and traps. He hoped others would scan and sense for other unseen powers.


Posted on 2017-04-30 at 10:33:56.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


I have returned!

The cryptic poems on the doors were not of too much help to Rayne. Sure, she had done some work with poetry, particularly in the elven tongue. She simply hadn't worked that much with poetry in dungeons. She was not the most educated person in the party when it came to such matters.

With little to go off of save the poems, Ulthok decided that a coin should be flipped to determine the way to go. Lothor did so, and got heads, then they headed north. The poem this way alluded to do with something that affected time, or perhaps their consciousness to its passing. An hourglass could have been helpful if it was the latter. They could have kept track of how fast time was passing in relation to their perception of it.

Without one, she had to place her faith in the people more capable with magics. She could keep track if they kept moving North, but, without the sun or stars as her guide, keeping track of the actual time was next to impossible for her. Staying close to Sirene, she prepared her bow in case of any attack, then prepared to move north with everyone else.


Posted on 2017-04-30 at 15:33:17.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


The search continues.................

With the results of a Wizard Eye and a flip of a coin it was decided that the party would travel through the North door. Ulthok still for the moment protected by his Endure Cold spell moved forward to the door and with his Ogre granted strength easily opened it. However as the door moved into the room the female columns to each side begin to come to life and move towards the Halfling Thief/Mage.

As Ulthok watched and readied himself for a fight, he found himself to be in luck as the column to his right’s feet touched the rooms floorand, shattered, the frozen fragments scattering across the floor. Then its left foot touched down and as had happened with its right it too shattered on contact. Within a matter of seconds with no legs to hold its heavier frozen body up, it lay shattered upon the floor.

Quickly turning to the left Ulthok watched as the same scene occurred before him as in only seconds the second column found itself destroyed, the only thing left of it a mound of icy fragments. With this danger no longer a threat the Halfling moved past the door and into this new yet still ice covered hall. Watching his step, his dexterity good, he moved down the hall. Within a few minutes he found himself facing a door on his rt partially opened and held in place by a coating of ice. Finding no traps he cautiously broke the ice enough to open the door and moved inside to find himself in a 30x30 room that appeared to be some type of guard room. A small table with 4 chairs around it stood covered in ice in the center of the room His gaze looking around he saw in a corner to North sat a large metal chest also thickly covered in ice. However as his eyes roamed the last cycle he found himself staring at the body of a humanoid figure strapped to the wall. The body as with the rest covered in ice and clearly long dead with the ice incasing it very thick, however as Ulthok looked closer he could easily see the body was very well preserved as if flash frozen.

As he went to lean back his Amulet of Life Protection suddenly raised up from his chest as if drawn to the body on the wall, Taking hold of it he easily gained control once more but could feel its continued desire to reach the dead body. The room empty but for these meager things and the large chest Ulthok returned to the party once more.........

(DM OOC: Ok my post, as you can see, is up and waiting for you the players to post.
A welcome back to Mr SirSadaar I for one missed you my friend and am very glad your back. Ok next post Sunday the 14th or sooner depending if everyone or a majority of you post before then.)


Posted on 2017-05-01 at 00:20:13.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 154/25
6028 Posts


The coin was tossed and FATE had pointed the way......

Ulthok had walked to the north door and cast Dispel Magic on the doors to remove to charm the Sirene had sensed. But when he pulled the door open the charm that was on the pillars was activated. The massive female figures became animated and one at a time they step out as to attack the mage. But fate, time and cold lead this moment to Ulthok’s favor. The statues crumbled and the path into the north hall way was now open.

Ulthok had hoped that this way would lead out of cold but it just as frozen as other. Taking great care he searched the hall finding a door to a side room. Cautiously opening the door he found what may have been a guard room. Inside he found a small table with 4 chairs, covered in ice. In a corner to the North sat a large metal chest also thickly covered in ice.

However as his eyes roamed the last cycle he found himself staring at the body of a humanoid figure strapped to the wall. The body as with the rest covered in ice and clearly long dead with the ice encasing it very thick, he could easily see the body was very well preserved as if flash frozen.

As he went to lean back his Amulet of Life Protection suddenly raised up from his chest as if drawn to the body on the wall. Some magic was compelling or calling to it. He took hold of it, easily gaining control once more, but he could feel its continued desire to reach the dead body.

Returning to the party, “I’ve found something of great interest. There is someone frozen to the wall of a room ahead and there is something that is reaching out to us.” Ulthok went on to tell them how his amulet had acted. “It has never reacted on its own before, we must see what this is about. The body looks undamaged, it may be that we are meant to find this person, but unless we can bring life back to it we will not know. Follow me and see for yourselves.” Turning he lead the party down the hall to the room.


Posted on 2017-05-06 at 19:39:59.
Edited on 2017-05-09 at 11:24:57 by Odyson

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


Frozen in carbonite

Lothor listened as Ulthok described the situation. More cold, more ice, more death. At least the statues had committed suicide conveniently. But even that was a mystery. Clearly the cold was not something the builders of this place had envisioned and planned on. The statues (and the doors!) were not built for it. So who was the late-comer that brought with it the horrific cold?

He had no answers, but perhaps this corpse would. Assuming a corpse could be made to talk, of course. So he moved with the others down the hall. His job right now continued to simply be guard. And so he did his best to stay focused and ready.


Posted on 2017-05-06 at 19:46:30.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2151 Posts


.

Cor listened to Ulthok's report. "Never heard of an amulet acting that way. Perhaps there is something special about the person frozen in the ice. Let's move forward and check out the room and the chest. Perhaps that will allow for the unfortunate soul a chance to thaw. Then I can see if his spirit is willing to return to his body."


Posted on 2017-05-07 at 18:51:31.

SirSadaar
RDI Fixture
Karma: 11/0
656 Posts


No ice puns here... for now

With the coin flip deciding where they should go, North was decided. Ulthok was able to force the door open with the strength granted to him by his gauntlets. As the door opened, the 2 female states began to move. Rayne drew her bow and began to draw it to her cheek, but had no reason to fire: the statues simply crumbled.

Similar to the magics on the door, it seemed that the dungeon's creator and the cause of the cold were two entirely different creators. What concerned Rayne was the thoroughness of how the ice had easily overran the rest of the dungeon. They could be slowly walking into the jaws of something incredibly powerful.

Ulthok had went up ahead and investigated, then returned to the party. He spoke of an odd interaction with his amulet of life protection, where it floated towards a frozen humanoid. The party agreed to investigate the body. As they approached, Rayne said, "Call me paranoid, but I think that we should be careful. It may be a great boon for us to discover, but I am worried that the spirit may do something such as possessing one of us."

(OOC I am not quite sure how possession works in this system, but I'd assume that people with high wisdom should be the first to investigate.)


Posted on 2017-05-14 at 14:17:14.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Do you want to melt an iceman?

Aliya muses about the information relating to the body in the ice, and the amulet's reaction to it. Strange and at times dark magic is at work in this entire complex, and she feels ill at ease with that knowledge. She is by no means a coward, but neither is she fool enough to blindly go forth without a care.

"I agree that we must see to this poor soul trapped in the ice, and restore them if possible. But be cautious, as the strange and unknown magics within here have a habit of being the opposite of what we think", she says to the others. "I am beginning to no longer appreciate surprises", Aliya grins, trying to lighten the mood a bit for herself as well as the others.


Posted on 2017-05-14 at 18:24:54.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.