The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by breebles)Game of Thrones S8
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00



RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


Not everyone needs to be resurected

Lothor held his position on watch by the door. He heard Talca's description of his employer and his goods. If the story he told was true, and it certainly seemed to match the evidence at hand, then this Scandrick had not earned a return journey, not that it was in his power to provide it anyway. As for his goods, it sounded like there were some very useful things there, but until more was known it was hard to say. He already had boots and rings that he knew and trusted.

For now he just wondered about the table/clock. He had no idea what a magic source that could transport them across the centuries would look like. Surely the mages would know it when they saw it or felt its power, wouldn't they? And they hadn't reacted to this table, despite its clock features. It seemed they needed to continue even deeper into this frozen hell.

He held his position by the door and waited for Cor and Ulthok to lead them ever deeper into the tower.


Posted on 2017-07-05 at 19:33:20.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6026 Posts


What's My Line?......

Ulthok drug the table over by the strange looking clock thing. He then placed all the items he found on Scandrick's body on the table including the stones from the chest and sword pieces from the other room.

"If one of you has the spell Identify prepared please cast it over these items including the clock. The magic they hold and service they can provide may indeed be useful. Any advantage we can gain may well help us survive. Talca had witnessed some of their use but we still need to know how to work them our selves. Without the Wizard himself to provide aid we should extend his legacy and use them as he may have. If they are not of sufficient use now then we can retain them for a time when we may have a need."

The halfling stepped back and Peri perched upon his should."Maybe one will make an apple pie...its been so long since I've had a pie."



Posted on 2017-07-09 at 16:00:21.
Edited on 2017-07-09 at 16:00:54 by Odyson

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


To know, to will

Siréne pursed her lips as Talca rattled off the many powers locked within the fallen wizard's gear. Indeed they would prove useful, but without knowing their exact function and true nature each might prove deadly to wield. Even if such an item might tip the balance it was not a risk any would take. The truth of that was evident. Even the curious halfling mage urged caution. They were wise words.

Standing beside Talca, she ran through her mind for some charm to unlock their ancient secrets but found nothing. It would take many hours of preparation for her to have the magic necessary to fill the needed task.

"Alas," Siréne spoke, "I cannot perform the needed magic now. Perhaps another among us can, but if not I will prepare the spell when next we rest."

She smiled with resignation towards Ulthok, letting a rare moment of humor slip past the veil of serenity. The halfling was not alone in his frustration.

((OOC: Aliya has Identify prepared - I suggest we use that))


Posted on 2017-07-09 at 17:39:23.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


What are you??

Aliya moves forward to the objects laid out from looking around the room, takes a deep breath and speaks.

"I believe I may be able to tell what these do, or at least give a good idea of their use. I hope that it will not upset you, Talca," she says to the elf, hopeful look on her face.

(OOC - Aliya will cast Identify to see what the items are/do, if all goes well)


Posted on 2017-07-09 at 19:35:08.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A wealth of new Magic

For the party the short time in this frozen level of the tower had been eye opening to say the least. From finding a new party member to finding the body of an older adventurer though all were freezing each could feel things starting to heat up.

With the new Ranger Talca’s confirmation that the dead body before them was indeed that of the wizard Scandrick. Looking at the body they could see as mangled and ravaged as it was, to bring the mage back to life was pointless.

As Ulthok searched the body retrieving any thing of worth that had survived. the others of the party. each now protected by individual spells. began to look around the room. Almost all found their attention drawn to the strange markings upon the sundial looking contraption. However as with everything else though the ice covering was somewhat see through to actually be able to touch it unless defrosted out was impossible.

Then with the help of Lothor Ulthok drew the two tables together placing all that he had recovered from the dead mages body. Placing them next to the strange device he turned to Sirene and Aliya.

"If one of you has the spell Identify prepared please cast it over these items including the clock. The magic they hold and service they can provide may indeed be useful. Any advantage we can gain may well help us survive. Talca had witnessed some of their use but we still need to know how to work them our selves. Without the Wizard himself to provide aid we should extend his legacy and use them as he may have. If they are not of sufficient use now then we can retain them for a time when we may have a need."

"Alas," Siréne spoke, "I cannot perform the needed magic now. Perhaps another among us can, but if not I will prepare the spell when next we rest."

Aliya moving forward to the objects laid out on the table glances around the room. Taking a deep breath.

"I believe I may be able to tell what these do, or at least give a good idea of their use. I hope that it will not upset you, Talca," she says to the elf, hopeful look on her face.

In only moments words of magic escaped her mouth and a warm yellow glow encased items and dial. At once her magic revealed the nature of the Staff, one of Fury, The wand a mystic one, allowing it to become a sword of light. The ring one of detection, the daggers both +4 the boots of featherweight. The whip one of the feared cockatrice types but the glove remaining unknown, the magic of Aliya’s spell just not enough strong enough to gain its true nature.

As with the glove so to did the sundial resist the power of the identify spell the frozen ice incasing it and the table clearly the cause preventing the spell from touching it’s surface. However the device knowing magic was in use did glow. For now the party yet remained in the room, new magic to give or store at hand.



Posted on 2017-07-10 at 00:15:34.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


.

With the new items mostly identified, Cor claimed the broach. "Now we have a choice. Do we continue to explore or spend time trying to figure out the etchings?"


Posted on 2017-07-14 at 21:26:36.

Nomad D2
RDI Fixture
Karma: 47/5
2244 Posts


A whip . . .now I just need a cool hat! Are helmets that cool?

Lothor took the whip from the table after it had been identified. "This might be useful where a sword would fail. If no one objects I will do my best 'Trilogy Jones' impression." When everyone else just looked at him oddly, he mumbled, "hard to explain." But when your raiding tombs and hunting antiquities, some things just fit.

With such odd thoughts wandering through his head he moved back to his guard position wondering where the ideas had come from. Time to move on if the mages could learn no more.


Posted on 2017-07-15 at 12:05:23.

Odyson
PUN-dit
Karma: 153/25
6026 Posts


Choices....

“Alyia should get first choice of the magic items, it was her spell. Although as a Fighter / Mage that wand would be a great asset for her…..Just my thoughts; Sirene would be most effective with the staff, she more spells to work it with…Lothor would be good with the whip….Rayne could use the ring of detection as a ranger / cleric….Cor would be good with the brooch… I claim none of these but I will put what is not chosen into the bag for use at another time.” With that Ulthok stood back and let the party claim as they would.

When the choosing was done he put the remains away for safe keeping. “Well with these and our other tools perhaps we will yet survive to see our own time again.

Ulthok then watched as Cor attempted to melt the ice from clock looking item. He waited as others again tried to identify the thing.


Posted on 2017-07-15 at 15:20:04.
Edited on 2017-09-02 at 10:05:30 by Odyson

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2148 Posts


a thought

As Cor waited a sudden itch in his beard caused him to scratch. As he did so, his eyes set upon the ring on his hand. "Well Odin bless me. I can use this ring ta melt the ice from the carvings and then between Legend Lore and an identify from our newest piece of treasure I believe we just might find an answer of two." Cor cast burning hand to clear away the ice.


Posted on 2017-07-16 at 12:26:47.

Aletheia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 2/0
147 Posts


Identify all the things!

**** "Aliya should get first choice of the magic items, it was her spell. Although as a Fighter / Mage that wand would be a great asset for her…..Just my thoughts; Sirene would be most effective with the staff, she more spells to work it with…Lothor would be good with the whip….Rayne could use the ring of detection as a ranger/cleric….Cor would be good with the brooch… I claim none of these but I will put what is not chosen into the bag for use at another time." ****

Aliya stepped forward inclining her head to Ulthok. "Thank you, I believe this item might be quite useful if our rather large 'friend' should make another appearance. Do any of you disagree or have another use for the wand?", she asks, looking about the room at her friends and companions.
(OOC - If they want her to keep it, she does and then moves closer to the dial to study it closer)


**** "Well Odin bless me. I can use this ring ta melt the ice from the carvings and then between Legend Lore and an identify from our newest piece of treasure I believe we just might find an answer of two." ****

Aliya nods her head to Cor, and watches as he casts his spell to melt the ice, curious as to what it will reveal.


Posted on 2017-07-22 at 14:14:48.

Nimu
RDI Fixture
Karma: 63/11
1238 Posts


To seek, to know. To ask, to call.

Siréne gripped the staff and knew it had been aptly named. To her fey senses the rage coursing through was a wild tempest ready to be unleashed. Deep within the Lady of Retribution called out to that rage. Siréne heard her cruel laughter and felt the thrumming beat of ravens' wings. The Dark Goddess ever reminded her of who she had become. This staff of fury would be only one more tool among the witch's arsenal of death.

The fey enchantress sighed, moving with staff in hand to stand before the carved sundial as Cor freed it from an icy prison. Nodding to the dwarven cleric, Siréne began to draw forth the ancient power of faerie that was hers to claim. Although she called the storm and flame, she still had the gift of grace. Here and now she would use it. This was an ancient spell, full of power and mystery. It was one of the most complex she knew.

A worldless chant flew softly from her lips, in lilting soprano tones. Siréne began to sway with the haunting keen, her voice joining a thousand thousands. Together they sought to pierce the viel. To move through time. Like a siren's song to the lonely sailor, she called to past. Let mystery reveal mystery.

((OOC: Legend Lore))


Posted on 2017-07-23 at 13:35:06.

Elious
Regular Visitor
Karma: 3/0
57 Posts


Hmm...

Roan focuses his gaze on the items before the group.

If I were a thief of sorts those featherweight boots would come in handy, Maybe perhaps to even move quicker assisting me in a two handed strike of some sort. No a dagger suits me best. He thinks to himself.

"I've handled throwing daggers in my past the daggers on the table might suit me. I would claim them if unwanted." He speaks up to the group thinking of ways he may increase his capacity to be of more help.






Posted on 2017-07-23 at 14:24:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Good start Elious

As the newly identified magical items lay on the half frozen table before the party, Ulthok was the first to speak.

“Alyia should get first choice of the magic items, it was her spell. Although as a Fighter / Mage that wand would be a great asset for her…..Just my thoughts; Sirene would be most effective with the staff, she more spells to work it with…Lothor would be good with the whip….Rayne could use the ring of detection as a ranger / cleric….Cor would be good with the brooch… I claim none of these but I will put what is not chosen into the bag for use at another time.” With that Ulthok stood back and let the party claim as they would.

With his words the choosing began, to Lothor went the whip, to Siréne the staff. To Roan the two daggers, to Cor the broach and finally to Alyia went the wand. As the boots and the still unidentified gloves went into the Halfling Thief/Mage’s bag of holding. Cor realizing his ring of deathly night also gave him the ability of burning hands, turned to the etchings upon the table.

Commanding the ring to cast the spell he quickly burned the ice away to reveal as had been suspected a clock type device with three circular disks of varying sizes. The etchings upon the discs clear now as numbers were easy to read. The larger disk contained the numbers 4, 6, 8, and lastly 12. The second smaller disc of the three containing the numbers 15, 30, 45, and 60 It could easily be seen that the numbers on both of the two larger disc’s were aligned the smaller above the larger. Last the smallest of the three only contained an arrow and it was this one, of the three, the only disc able to be moved.

As Cor melted the ice to reveal the nature of the disc’s and etchings, Siréne with her new staff in hand began the casting of the spell legend lore. In only moments a voice spoke into her mind.

~Time is fleeting, Time is fast, time is a measure of future and past~

(DM OOC: Ok there you have my post for this week. As photo bucket is pay to use now I refuse to use it. Also as I am getting a new SSD installed uploading a new photo sharing service is on hold till later this week. I’ll see if I can find another way to upload the photo of the 3 disc’s sooner. Next post next Sunday the 30th)


Posted on 2017-07-23 at 22:32:29.
Edited on 2017-09-13 at 15:13:44 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Needing help I see :)

As Cor melted the ice to reveal the nature of the disc’s and etchings, Siréne with her new staff in hand began the casting of the spell legend lore. In only moments a voice spoke into her mind.

~Time is fleeting, Time is fast, time is a measure of future and past~

For Valene, as a Halfling and thief both, the consist talk among the party of what to do or not to do, though cautious, was taking too long. With the new elf Talca’s words of a singled eyed monster with many tentacles, some type of Beholder for sure. The time to talk and be cautious was taking too long. Sighing she moved to the clock type device and without hesitation moved the arrow to line up with the numbers of 15 and 4.

Almost at once she could feel magic enclose the room, and the party within, but then nothing. Yet still even though she was not a mage she as well as the rest of the party could feel something happening. As the party looked around the room it was Aliya, then Sirene and finally Ulthok that noticed though the party did not change, the room itself did. Where Cor’s ring had melted ice, now the water created was once again freezing very quickly. As the party continued to watch for the next minutes the ice, as if with a life of it’s own, seemingly seeking to once again cover the surface of the clock and the table itself. Then water was ice once more, the clock covered by a thinner sheet of ice then before, all else and the party in the room the same once more.

(DM OOC: Ok as NO ONE posted I could clearly see that you guys needed a hint. Hope the above helped.)


Posted on 2017-08-06 at 22:20:29.
Edited on 2017-08-06 at 22:21:48 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Do I still have players?

~It felt it magic! Where? The time room! Creatures in tower! Time fasted! Time fasted!. Must kill! Protect it! Protect it!~

With thoughts of death within it’s head, the creature moved faster towards the intruders sending out a call for others to join it.

~Come quick! Come quick! Intruders!~

(OOC: A short post to give you more to work with. Hope I still have players in this game?)


Posted on 2017-08-13 at 22:14:35.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.