The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by breebles)Game of Thrones S8
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Geekier Kid
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"No, please, you do not have to go. I believe you came here for the same reason as I. There are not too many places of peace in this city." She looks up to him and pats the grassy verge by the garden.

"Please, join me."


Posted on 2007-04-05 at 02:49:48.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Star Falls, Day 2 turning slowly to night

And so it was at midday of their 2nd day in Star Falls that the party found itself in 4 different places.
4 in a market of many Exotic things.
2 in a garden, lost in conversation, trying to make sense of it all.
2 that so far had not been seen since the evening before mayhap lost in each another’s arms.
And the last of them, quiet and waiting for a sign, kneeling before an altar made of stone.....

So it was that Ulthok, Rayne and Magma having entered into the bazaar at last did see many wondrous and beautiful things, including their comrade Haila, who at once was invited to join them.
Before them tables aplenty with everything from food to wine, from armor to weapons and to a lone Gnome selling rolls of soft paper meant to clean ones behind, no wonder that few if any did gather near.

Ulthok as was his nature did first seek out a seller of herbs and potions, finding to his surprise and delight that along with most of those normal (the seller having at least one of each) there were a number of hard to find, with prices beside each of them.

2 of Absorption $1,200gps each
3 of Agility $900gps each
1 of Archmagdom $7,000gps
4 of Dragon Sight $2,000gps each
2 of Magic enhancement $1,200gps each
And lastly 1 of Speed Casting 6,000gps

Now it was to Ulthok only a matter of money and within minutes with new potions to hand they did move on to the next tables. With time to spare the 4 did look and shop and as night slowly fell they had seen many things of delight and curiosity and mayhap even purchased a few. But yet no bow did they find always they were told the same; the only Fletcher in town was now a dishwasher at Dwarves and Babes.

With their shopping for the moment over, the red gem necklace normally priced at $1,150gps given to Niamedris by the seller for free, the 4 did as Rayne had suggested and headed for Dwarves and Babes to see about mayhap helping the Fletcher turned dishwasher. As they reached The door to the bordello, they were confronted by two of the stranger creatures they had yet to meet. Standing at 6'9" tall and armed to the teeth with paired swords at both hips and a battle axe on their back were two turtle looking humanoids, one, who as the 4 did approach, did step forward and addressed them.

“Welcome to Dwarves and Babes, the entry fee is 5gps each and no weapons allowed. Ya have to check them here with us at the door.” After a moments pause.
“So what will it be folks, ya going in or not? I don't have all day” His large hand open as if awaiting money.....

Conall having awoken as normal did as always seek out his friend Cor only to find him kneeling before the altar of stone dedicated to Odin.
Though the dwarf did join the Paladin in prayer, Conall could tell there was something heavy on Cor’s mind and being one not to ask of such left him kneeling there.

With little money and no where of interest to go the Paladin returned to the Inn and sought a place of quiet comfort. Shown to a small garden behind the Inn it was not long before he came upon the druid Cynil, she also seeking a quiet place.

“Oh, forgive me. I am sorry; I do not mean to disturb your quite place. One such as you should not carry such heavy thoughts. I can see that they play heavy upon you. In this place how does one let such thoughts carry heavy on one’s soul? Forgive me once more; I have spoken out of place. I will go before I do it again."
With the grace of one born to the goodness of law the Paladin did make his apologies and with a bow did begin to back away. Be it not in his nature to disturb ones peace. But his retreat was stopped as Cynil did turn to him and asked him to stay.

"No, please, you do not have to go. I believe you came here for the same reason as I. There are not too many places of peace in this city. Please, join me”.....

(OOC: Ok great posting everyone I hope you like this post as I, like Alacrity asked for, am trying to give you something to work with. Below is a little brief on what can be found in the bazaar. Next post next Wednesday.

Weapons
Mostly non-magical but there a few +1’s (2 Battleaxes, 5 swords) and a rare +2 (Bastard Sword) but it’s mostly the level of craftsmanship that make them beautiful.

Armor
A couple of really nice suits of chain, 4 full plate armor suits, a 3 some of +1 shields and a few bucklers but as the weapons mostly non magical but again very high level crafting.

The More Exotic Items
A Brassier of Defense $1,000gps
1 Cue Ball $6,000gps
A Yo Yo of Fate $54,000gps
A lonely Deck of Chance that has clearly been lowered quite a few times in price from $4,000 to just $400gps
A pair of Dice of Certain Wagering $2,500gps
A Nest of Eyes $8,000gps
A Handkerchief of Flirting $2,000
3 boxes Multiplanar Mushrooms (4 mushrooms to a box) $11,250
And lastly an Omelet of the Planes $5,000gps

MISC OTHER
Basically to make this list short tell me if you are looking for anything specific and I will roll to see if its there.
Haila you did find a Ring of Chamelon power at $3,000gps but none of the other items mentioned. Let me know if you buy it.)


Posted on 2007-04-05 at 05:25:08.
Edited on 2007-08-16 at 04:33:45 by TannTalas

Drusillia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/2
109 Posts


What to do

She looks around with the others with much interest. To her surprise her small friend is given the neckless he has become so fond of. She decides on a few items she would like to buy. She buys the Ring of Chameleon, and The Deck of Chance. She buys the items and pays for them. She Puts the items where they belong and browses as she waits for the others to finish their shopping.

When everything is bought and payed for they move on to the Dwarves and Babes. She calls Niamedris to follow closely. They arrived to find that this might not be as easy a task as first thought. two menacing turtle-Humanoids did stand in their path. When approached they demanded gold and that all their weapons be left behind. Halia for one didn’t like the idea of leaving her weapons behind. There had to be another way to enter this establishment then threw them.

It doesn’t seem very likely that Magma will want to part with his ax being a dwarf, and as a dwarven establishment it doesn’t seem right that they ask him to. This makes her suspicious of the situation.

Halia Turns around and bends down to pet Niamedris, while she does she leans in to Ulthok, sense he is the perfect height, and discreetly whispers to him. Sense she is petting her cat, she hopes the “guards” won’t notice her talking to her small companion. “Perhaps we should explore some of our other possibilities first. Something just doesn’t sit right with me leaving all of my weapons behind, with the likes of them.” She pats the cats head one last time before she picks him up in her arms and turns back around to wait and see what her companions decided to do.


Posted on 2007-04-07 at 18:55:33.
Edited on 2007-04-09 at 19:19:56 by Drusillia

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"Only one of us needs to enter this establishment, and inquire about the debt the hobbit owes. I can leave my weapons here but I will not be defenseless, though I expect no problems." Rayne tells the rest. Turning to the Raiel tells the guards "Would you please tell the owner of this place that I would speak to her or him on a matter of business."


Posted on 2007-04-08 at 07:10:47.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Quite for a time

“As you wish.” Conall took a seat on the grass next to the Lady Cynil and began to speak softly, “All seem to think, that as a Paladin I am all for war and court. I could leave it all aside if the great one Odin told me to do so. A small cottage in a small village with some miner troubles over a pet every once in a while and I would be happy.” Then Conall stopped himself, “but I ramble on and brake the quite we sought for.” With that Conall fell back on the grass and watched the clouds drift by and the song of the garden birds and insects filled his thoughts for the time being.


Posted on 2007-04-10 at 18:03:46.

Lorae
Regular Visitor
Karma: 2/0
69 Posts


Cynil


"Peacefulness and security are sought by many, yet, becaause of the world there are those who must forego such pursuits and fight for others rights to live in peace and security."

"You would not be a man and not want the former, and becasue you are a man of commitment you are the later."

Cynil leans back on her arms and also looks up in the sky.

"Take you peace in the knowledge that you have secured peace for others."


Posted on 2007-04-10 at 23:13:23.

Alacrity
The Tired
RDI Staff
Karma: 291/33
6161 Posts


Finally

“Paugh!” Magma said with a shrug, “I’m not surprised really. I am sure the girls within this establishment don’t want drunken men with sharp weapon bouncing back and forth. So checking the weapons is only a safety precaution.”

Magma looked over the creatures with the offered hand for payment, “That being said, I’d rather shave than give my axes to the likes of these…gentlemen. If you feel safe within then leave your stuff with me. I’ll stay here and guard it for you. If you need me, give a whistle and I’ll be there with your gear in two shakes of a lamb’s arse. You do know how to whistle don’t ya?”


Posted on 2007-04-11 at 02:07:29.
Edited on 2007-04-11 at 02:08:38 by Alacrity

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Words ring true...

“Your words ring true, but is it to heavy a price to pay?” Conall pauses and thinks for a moment, “No, I think not. All those children in the street are my family. Those that have not food enough to make it through the day, they are my concern. Then I think, ‘What peace have we secured?’ To die in the front of battle is all one such as I can pray for. Now you…” Conall pauses once more and smiles to himself, “No, I will not say that.”


Posted on 2007-04-11 at 14:03:19.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Mutant turtles ?

Ulthok takes his time looking over the potions that are avaiable and at last makes his deceision.He picks out 1 potion of Absorption 1 potion of Magic enhancement and finally one of Agility his total being 3,300 gold.Being the barterer he is he pulls 600 Platinum peices and offers them to the owner that would be an even 3000.If he accepts that is great if not Ulthok will pay the full amount by adding another 60 Platinum peices to the 600.After finishing at the potions table he finds his way to a table where A pair of Dice of Certain Wagering are being displayed.Not being totally familiar with these he asks if he could be showen how they are used. "Ah these dice here are a nice peice of work would you mind explaining to me how they function"
OOCepending on what they acctually do he may purchase them.

BIC: If he likes what he sees Ulthok will first make an offer of $460 platinum if not accepted he will pay the full $500.When finally finished he will follow along with the group as they make their way to the Dwarves and Babes to see about helping out this fletcher so they can get some bows made.When they arrive there they find the doors guarded by a couple of these strange turtle like creatures who bar their enterance.They step forward and speak“Welcome to Dwarves and Babes, the entry fee is 5gps each and no weapons allowed. Ya have to check them here with us at the door.”
After some discussion amongest themselves they deceide that really only one of them has to enter so Rayne gives her weapons to us payes her $5 enterance fee and asks to be directed to the owner of the place.
While they wait Ulthok will try to put the time to good use and will try to make connection with his familar Omensama.If she is around and he can connect he will call her in for a quick recap of anything she has seen or heard since he sent her off.Going through the same ritual he always does with the great owl he holds out his left arm for her to land on.He will then give her the treat he always has ready for her from his belt poucIf the great owl does come he will get any info she may have and when finished give her one more treat and then send her baack out under the same instructions he had given her earlier.With that he waits with the others.


Posted on 2007-04-14 at 12:07:36.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


At the Dwarves and Babes

Rayne smiles as she answers, "I can whislte like a bird but it wwill probably be more a scree of a hawk or owl if I need help."

Rayne will undo her weapons and hand them over to Magma leaving only what is unseen, hidden in her boots. She feels confindant that her business will not take long.


Posted on 2007-04-14 at 20:18:55.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Now back at Eats

BACKPOST: Exotic delights
As Ulthok and the rest did move through the interior of the bazaar, in the end it was only Haila and Ulthok that did buy anything of note.

At one table the Halfling's eye was caught by a pair of dice and being the gambling sort he asked of their nature. The Human male, almost only that of a young boy, looked up and did proceed to tell him that the dice being magical any roll desired by the roller of them would be magically granted, in essence making it so that he would never again lose at the game of dice.

DWARVES AND BABES
As the party of 4 did finally reach the door the 2 turtle like creatures told of a 5 gold piece entrance fee and of no weapons allowed. As the party discussed the merits of all entering or just one, clear it was the the turtle before them was growing impatient.
In the end it was decided that only Rayne would enter, the rest to stay outside and wait.

But as she went to pay and inquired of the owner, this thought was quickly put to rest as the turtle laughing in Rayne's face spoke yet again.

“Sorry good looking, club policy no single unescorted females allowed in the club. Unless ya’s looking for a tryout then I would be happy to escort ya to the back. Ya want in, ya need a male escort or be willing to do a full stage tryout and that be final."
Once again the bouncer waited for an answer....

Conall and Cynil in the garden alone felt no pressure or any sort of tension a state of calm neither had felt in a long time. The relaxing nature of the garden such that each felt almost at peace with themselves.
Their conversation light the two continued to enjoy each others company with nothing for the moment needing their attention.

(OOC: Ok short post as you 4 still need to get past the bodyguards and Kyle and Dragon Mistress are content in the garden...

As the Inn was down and I myself was unable to post this past Wednesday my next post will be on Wednesday April 25th thus giving everyone enough time to post. As far as posting goes the ones I need posts from the most are the 4 outside Dwarves and Babes, but everyone else, Derynilord, Dark Autumn, Kyle, Dragon Mistress, Eol please feel free to post. I am enjoying the interaction between Conall and Cynil so if you two can please keep it up I would be thankful.
Ok everyone good posts. Also to reply to Dragonmist’s post heading no they are not Mutant Turtles their official name is Tortles. They are out of the Creature Catalog from basic Dungeon and Dragons 1st Edition)


Posted on 2007-04-14 at 22:08:11.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


The halfling and the Tortle.

OOC: Hope I got the purchase mess fixed in the Q&A.

BIC: So as they waited and Rayne tried to enter the brothal herself the turtals once again steped in and barred her enterance.“Sorry good looking, club policy no single unescorted females allowed in the club. Unless ya’s looking for a tryout then I would be happy to escort ya to the back. Ya want in, ya need a male escort or be willing to do a full stage tryout and that be final."
Ulthok was at once on his feet and stepped inbetween Rayne and the turtle his 3ft4in self looking up at the almost 7ft turtle.Keeping himself tensed and aleart ready to put his boots into use in case the turtle takes offense at his words [if it looks like the turtle is going to take any action other than just speaking back to Ulthok he is prepared to leap up and back out of the turtles reach if he is quick enough] We understand the need for rules in a place such as this, and someone to enforce them that however in no way gives you the right to be offensive and rude.The young lady is mearly interested in doing some business with the owner of this establishment.If nothing comes from this exchange of words Ulthok will turn to Magma and Halia I shall accompany Rayne into this place for I also am protected without my weapons.He will go over to Halia and give her all his weapons to hold while he and Rayne enter the brothal.Turning back to the turtle he will pay the 5 gold and with Rayne enter to talk with the owner about the new dishwasher.



Posted on 2007-04-15 at 19:26:38.
Edited on 2007-04-15 at 19:30:00 by Dragonmist

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


The peace of the garden allowed Cynil to rejoin the flow of nature and the Song of Life. Hearing the edge of the song Cynil took out her recorder from her belt pouch, like all elves she had training in music, it was one of the reasons she had asked for the harp.

She placed the recorder to her lips and played with the song. Woven with the melodies was the twitter of birds, the whispering of wind through trees and grasses, and the muttering of all the living things about her, there was even the deeper note of Conall woven into the melody.

She stole a look at Conall as she played, hoping the Song would help him find peace.


Posted on 2007-04-18 at 16:43:45.
Edited on 2007-04-18 at 16:45:43 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne turns to look at ulthok. "Thanks you, Ultok," she says to the halfling I appreciate you offer and accept it kindly. Then to the Tortles she turns, Her eyes flash with well-controlled anger. A thousand years of High Elcen hauteur radiate from her. "I shall pay the five gold but surrender my weapons only to my companions. You should count yourself fortunate that I do so. I serve the king and in that capacity I do not expect to be insulted. Remnember that. Next time I will sheathed one of these fine weapons in the body of the one who insults me. I do not allow myself to be insulted twice." The unspoke promise of retribution is clearly evident in her tone and manner,

Rayne keeps eye contact with the spokeperson but does not ignore the others He gaze is narrowed as she eyes them all. Many years of experience and confidence in herself, her position and family honor back her words and her eagle-eyed glance. Rayne waits until they subside/disengage--only then will she pass her weapons over to Magma.


Posted on 2007-04-19 at 03:46:28.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


So this is peace...

Conall hears the soft notes and sits up and watches as the she elf moves slightly as if a gentle wind blows a willow. Her delicate fingers move along the record like butterflies move in a field of flowers. The notes play softly on the wind and the birds seem to answer her every note. There was then something that struck Conall deep inside. Something awoke in him, a smile drifted across his face and a peaceful bliss filled to hole that was once his heart.

Cynil then glanced at Conall, her Emerald eyes sparkled in the afternoon sun, her silken her danced on the breeze. Conall falls back into the green grass “So this is peace?”


Posted on 2007-04-19 at 13:15:40.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.