The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by breebles)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

RDI Logo Golf Shirt
Price: $27.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


15

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Ahhhhhhh thats the stuff
Posted on 10/15/2004 at 12:55:42 PM (CST) 



Cor swung his hammer and connected solidly with his foe. He felt the ribs break as the heavy hammer drove into the wererats side. The beast did not fall however and returned the favor as its sword found purchase in the dwarf's flesh. The electric charge of pain coursed thru Cor and a small river of blood began its trek down his chest towards the floor. "So ye be wanting to play do ya?" he yelled to the wererat. "Next time I'll do more than tap ya nicely." He once again adjusted his grip on his hammer and swung it twice in rapid succession at his adversary. Then he felt the pain in his back and hip as vapor rats sunk their teeth into him. "Be patient little ones, I'll get to ye in short order." The party seemed to be doing better this round and he shouted encouragement. "That's the stuff!! Press your attack and rememeber to work together. For a moment he turned his head towards Conall and yelled, "My boy, I do believe that is a male wererat. Perhaps you should at least choose a female for such games."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Games!? This is battle, much more fun!
Posted on 10/15/2004 at 2:04:38 PM (CST) 



Conall, now on the floor and in close combat with the wererat of his choosing used the pummel of his sword to do what damage he could. “Cesair, take your self to safety and use the slight of hand arts you are so well known for to do damage as you may little friend.”

Conall, will stand if the opportunity shows itself. If one does not he will continue to pummel the wererat until dead or able to stand without taking an attack from the wererat he is locked in combat with.

“Cor, such games are reserved for the willing ladies of the court behind locked doors on feather filled beds. Not the cold stone floor! I also like my lady to have a hairless face. Unlike dwarves, or so I am told.”

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Decisions, decisions......
Posted on 10/16/2004 at 2:56:01 AM (CST) 

Cesair now stood, and for the moment was invisible, There remained three wererats that were still drawing breath and there were near as he could tell 7 vapor rats still attacking. As he was getting to his feet he had wanted to cast an illusion, a particularly good one had come to mind, one that would have worked well to aid the fair female mage across from himself, the image of a large dire lion he had seen in a traveling managire had come to him. But now it would seem that it would be a waste of a perfectly good spell, the halfling and mage seemed to have things in order over there, and so changed his mind and decided to cast Burning hands at the nearest vapor rats, hoping to take out as many as he could without harming any of his new allies.

He summons forth the magic, his arms extending forth, fingers splayed wide as he spit out the magic words with a little blood to boot.

Drakar100
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Hawk glad
Posted on 10/16/2004 at 4:32:20 AM (CST) 

Hawk glad he didnt have to hold them all off any longer let the backpack fly and grabbing swords was ready to do battle and see as how he was really not in the mood for wererats anyway and didnt care about the vapor rats they were a lesser threat to him attacked at the wererats with a fury he didnt know he had for them trying to get a advantage by ganging up on him. I maen who did they think they were he was flattered by the fact they viewed him such a great threat but it was not fair to gang up on someone.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

As the tides of the battle shift to and fro......
Posted on 10/16/2004 at 7:38:36 PM (CST) 

Af'til Watched as the Cone of Cold rushed forth from the pretty Bardess's hands and froze one of the vile beings. "Good." He thought. "This combined with both my efforts and the hafling now aiding her, she should be fine." Her lot did improve by a great deal within the past couple seconds. She no longer needed his assistance. Hawk was Doing better now that a few of the others had rushed to his aid. Cesair obviously cast an invisibility spell on himself after Connal had valiently tackled the vermin that was on him. Cor (as usual) was doing the best though. Although he and Druisla remained untouched by the rats, Cor was still overall doing the greater part (even when you consider that he had taken damage). 
Af'til knew the massive tiger to be Druisla. Quite the choice of actions.. Perhaps this is why she is the leader... It was a relief to see that yet another ally had joined into the battle. 
Now considering his own next move, he Eyed the remaining wererats. Once he picked out the weakest one, he charges it with his mace in hand....

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

and so forth
Posted on 10/16/2004 at 8:07:24 PM (CST) 

(OCC: The last post was written before the damage was posted and I was under the assumption Haila was much more seriously wounded than she in fact was. So if you think I put a little more spring in her step this post you're right ;> )

Niamedris was overjoyed to see his companion Dire. The large black dog was protector and companion to the mage and familiar both and they enjoyed a rapport with each other even without the mage's presence. Haila focused her attention on the warerat, frostbitten but still standing. To the mastiff she gave a simple command. Herd. Dire leaped forward and snapped his powerful jaws at the vapour rats. Niamedris darting in and out form underneath the magical dog to raze with tooth and claw on a sensitive tail from a particularly slow moving rat. Haila hoped that the transformed druid would help herd the rats into the corridor where one little incantation later...from dirt we sprag to ashes they go.
Laffing to herself quietly she listened to the byplay of the dwarf and palidin. As always she felt herself drawn into teasing the paladin. "A locked door and a feather bed? Truly the church does dull the imagination and one's sense of adventure."
The small mage grabbed her quarterstaff and twirled it to keep the wererat at bay. After a few feints the wererat threw itself bodily at Haila. And she swung her staff hoping to hear the crack of a skull and feel the jarring of the impact along her arms.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A good laugh
Posted on 10/16/2004 at 8:58:17 PM (CST) 

Cor heard the lady Haila's response to the paladin and had to laugh. She is a minx that one, he thought to himself. "Perhaps later we can share ideas good lady. That is if you aren't too shy" he called to her and added a wink for good measure.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Locked doors
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 1:25:54 PM (CST) 

"Lady Haila, I would take care with the good dwarf Cor. He is of the church and would surly place you in a nunnery. As for the locked door and feather bed, there are other ladies present. A paladin does not wish to offend. Also the men of the group must keep their mind at the task at hand. “Conall throw another jab with the pummel of his sword, …It seems my task is a little too close at hand.”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Take care indeed
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 4:26:26 PM (CST) 



Cor smiled when he heard Conall express concerns as a war cleric is "of the church". Obviously he knew little of war clerics. In fact, many of his kind are outright banned from setting foot inside the fancy buildings reserved for regular priests, paladins and the masses. As long as a war cleric fostered the goals of the church he was pretty much given 'carte blanc' to act as he saw fit. "War clerics are not bound by the rules held dear by paladins or cavaliers. As for sending you to the nunnery, that is not likely. My room is, provided you are a naughty girl". He turned and went back to smacking the wererats.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

geez
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 5:05:42 PM (CST) 

Haila was laughing even harder. She looked at her furry-faced foe and the look of outrage was etched on it's ferretlike face. Nose and wiskers twitching the wererat was the perfect picture of affront. Haila still giggling apologized to the lythrancope amid smacks with her staff. Hoping the paladin and the dwarf wouldn't laugh her into an early grave she pressed the attack wanting to finish her frostbitten opponent off.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Feather beds and locked doors......
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 5:28:27 PM (CST) 

As he finished his magic missile spell and began to charge the weakest wererat, Af'til couldn't help but overhear the talk between Connal, Cor, and Haila. This lightened the mood alot. He thought to himself "should i comment on this matter or not?" Then he said to Connal: "Aye. I see what you mean by the whole locked door theory, but you forget that you wouldnt want your lady to get closterphobic would you?" Of course he said this seemingly forgeting the fact that although he too is a cleric, he was also an elvish ranger. In such a setting as Connal described, He is the one who would become closterphobic! Then he said "I remember a certain lady I was with a few decades ago. I tell you now.... Never try to get an elf, let alone a druid (referring to the woman he temporarilly hooked up with) into a feather bed behind locked doors!" With a smile he remembered the druid... Ahhh yes. Their practice of being one with nature did make them a little more....

wild! Yes it had been a little while since he concentrated on much other than increasing his power to better serve his deity. He could easilly focus on other things on the side as well, but until lately he thought that such mindless focus would bring greater results.... By time he finished talking a he already felt his mace come down upon a wererats head. "See...." He told himself. "You can multitask!"

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Battle Continues
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 8:04:45 PM (CST) 

Somewhat astonished at the damage the wererats could endure, Alasdair quickly shifts target to the remaining creature besetting Hawk. 

Calling out, "Once we've dispatched this creature and set him free from this world's cares, look about for Lady Haila. For with a charming wit and certain grace, I'd prefer to see that she meets with no undo harm. Besides we both might get a chuckle out of it, which can make the cuts hurt alittle less. Stay by my side friend and you shall be safe."

Quickly attacking the foul creature still before Hawk and himself, he longed to move off in the direction of Lady Haila's voice, begin searching for new threats. Realizing the dangers of close fighting, Alasdair intending to be ready.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Druids
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 9:50:37 PM (CST) 

Cor heard Af'til comment on elvin druids and remembered fondly a moonlit glade decades ago. "Young one, next time try a grassy hillside, covered in floweres and lit by a waxing moon. Trust me, ye'll not soon forget it. But, watch out for poison ivy as I had an itch that was down right embarrising to scratch in public for a week. I still think she knew and chose the spot on purpose"

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

A taste for blood
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 10:39:19 PM (CST) 

Having transformed herself into a tiger cat Drusilia had launched herself into battle with the three wererats that had surrounded Hawk. Her attack had done no real damage but had drove the vermin back off Hawk allowing him to get back into action. Deciding to keep the tiger form for a while yet Drusilia will target just one of the wererats that she can reach with all of her attacks. Going for a take down if possible she attacks with both claws while throwing all her body weight into the attack. If she can knock the rat down she will then attempt to finish him in typical tiger fashion with a savage bite to the neck. If her claw/claw attack and momentum doesn’t take the wererat down she will then just try to add a bite to the rest of her attacks.

She has always liked the way she felt when she transformed herself in this fashion, and the big cats have been one of her favorite transformations ever since she had gained the power to do so. The supple yet powerful feeling of the cats muscles combined with their agile, somewhat slinky,
and fast reactions has always seemed so sensual to her. There have been times she has just luxuriated in those feeling as she would run wild in the forest or warm herself in the sun lying stretched out on some rocky outcrop, but back to the task at hand for there is one other thing she has also come to appreciate while in cat form and that is the taste of some warm blooded animals life blood as her razor sharp teeth tear through their flesh. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A battle cry with a different tune
Posted on 10/18/2004 at 10:42:17 PM (CST) 

Moving to rapidly to see what type of damage his magic missiles do to the three wererats he targeted around Hawk. Ulthok makes the long leap using his boots of springing to land by Haila and the one wererat and vapor rat still attacking her. More concerned by the wererat than the vapor rat Ulthok swings his precious Idreanl in an attack on the wererat. The tiny warrior letting out a battle cry that will probably make the real warriors break out in uncontrollable laughter, for The halflings voice is just slightly lower than that of an opera singer singing tenor. Like it or not however he feels he has as much right to a battle cry as any warrior on the battle field. So he lets loose. “May the sword of my creator Vanquish all who stand against it. By the power of the Lords of Asgardi slay the foes who stand against me!”


“Graaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr” and with his mighty swing he tries to cut the wererat down.

Using the momentum of his swing from right to left he turns slightly so he can look into the kitchen There is still a lot of turmoil going on in there. As he looks he can’t help but notice a new presence that of a large tigar cat in the kitchen attacking the rats. If the wererat he is fighting here is finished off at the end of this round Ulthok will turn his attention toward the kitchen area. If not he will stand and continue to do battle with the one here

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

What was that?
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 12:26:06 AM (CST) 

Cor heard a high-pitched cry from Ulthok's direction and it took him a moment to realize it was a battle cry. Still he could not let an opportunity pass, "OK, who stepped on a rat?!"he called amidst some chuckling with a voice full of jest.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Cor, You have no idea......
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 2:10:13 AM (CST) 

Af'til heard the response from Cor as he lifted the mace for another swing. "Ahh yes, the Ivy.... I guess the only reason i always checked for that is because of my training as a ranger! Moonlit field you say? Have you something to be afraid or ashamed of dwarf?" He said with a grin on his face. "I preferred broad daylight on the banks of a steady-flowing stream!" 
Then he figured on adding more humor to the discussion: " One thing about druids is that ya gotta please 'em! Or else some of them like to change to an animal form in the middle of it! Havent looked at druids in a lustfull way since!"



Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:42:17.
Edited on 2018-03-13 at 08:04:17 by Eol Fefalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


United we Stand

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

UNITED WE STAND by Judas Priest
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 5:09:07 AM (CST)

The kitchen ,hallway and Monastery itself ,quiet for a few days was now alive in the sounds of battle still fought...

The Lady Dru fierce in her form of tiger knew her attacks would harm not the Wererats ,as her claw's were of magic not.
But the shape she kept ,seeing it very useful at keeping the Wererats concerned and the Vapor Rats scared.Moving fast she engaged the Wererat facing Hawk and Alasdair.The Wererat seeing a tiger headed its way became sloppy lowering its defense for good as both Alasdair and Hawk attacked it together.Hawk his swords ,long and short ,alike yet different cut through arm and hip.
Alasdair with sword and Dagger striking stomach and neck.Without a sound the Wererat was dead and changing....

Cor facing his foe alone but without fear ,his hammer solid in his hands.
Swinging a blow again true another Wererat dead changing as it died it fall with released breath at his feet...

Haila seeing her Cat happy to once again be reunited with its dog companion Dire turned and began to harry the Vapor Rats along with its friend.
Haila herself minwhile attacked the lone Wererat to her front.Attacking with Staff not spell she hoped to hit but was doomed to miss.The Wererat striking her instead but seemed as if a pin pick tickle only...

With a long but graceful leap Ulthok was at Haila's side.
His attack quick and sudden ,his sword hitting true ,plunging through back and out its chest.
The Wererat dead and changing shape hung heavily on the Halflings blade...

Conall finding himself entangled tried in vain to use his swords pommel to hit the beast.His attempts to stand were also to no avail it seemed that the Wererat wanted him on the ground with it.
This was proved true as by luck or skill it bite the Paladin's neck.The bite was bad!!.Blood flowing free of its protection of skin was as a fountain.The Paladin unconscious at once....

Cesair standing and Invisible to all scanned the field of battle and pondered his next action.
Seeing the Paladin fall into unconsciousness he attacked the Vapor Rats moving in for the kill.
Burning flames from his hands and two Vapor Rats ,ashes all that remanned...

Af'Til he too seeing Conall fall moved to the attack.
The Wererat just getting to its feet was stunned as a large mace blasted into it.
The mace swing in anger at a friends fall striking deeply into its skull and dropped the last Wererat to the floor ,a foe no more...

The 3 remaining Vapor Rats ,2 dead by cat and dog feeling the end of thier masters control ,fled in fear.The battle for all intents over.Yet a Paladin gravely wounded ,dying from bloodloss ,perhaps before the party lying on the kitchen floor......His fate in the hands of others....


(OOC:Okay Battle over Conall took a crit to his neck and is in bad shape he is lossing blood fast see character sheet for stat's.
Also having a small prob with my phone I moved into a new Apt over the weekend and found the phone had not been turned on yet.It should be by Thursday but if not I will post from my Mothers house as I am at this moment.Never fear I will be here Thursday....Good job Everyone...
Orion good RPing I am glad you have joined us.


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:45:07.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


16

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

nothing is ever easy is it?
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 5:32:51 AM (CST) 

Haila felt her staff swing wide and momentarily lost her balance. A small blow grazed her and stung slightly. Still bracing for the real blow she felt a warm spray across her face. She opened her eyes to see a half a foot of steel protruding from the chest of the wererat. Mind fogged she realized slowly there was to be no greater blow. A feline howl as always cut through the murkiest of her thoughts. Danger! Death! Friend!

Haila's head whips around and she sees her comrads all wounded. The paladin on the floor the cobbles slick with his blood. Ripping the mask off her face she falls to Conall's side. A wad of bandages pulled from her pouch and jammed into the wound. Pressure kept on to help stop the bleeding. She stuggles to heave the backpack half off and fumbles through it left handed. Her hands close on a corked bottle and she unstoppers it with her teeth. Resting his head on her lap she pours the potion slowly in his throat careful not to let him choke. A glimpse at her left ring finger told her there was always an alternative if she needed it. "Serves you right for rolling around the floor with big, ugly and hairy. Bet you really can't dance either." The last was soft and heard only in the familiars' minds. Dire remained on guard waiting to harry any rats that may return. Niamedris stayed close to the mages side for once careful to keep his shed hair to himself.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Standing Guard
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 1:42:39 PM (CST) 

Alasdair was quick to note that the battle was over, seeing the vermin fleeing in all directions. He was equally quick to see just how much his new found friends had been hurt during the attack. He quickly moves over to the paladin and offers assistance, "Lady Haila, if thy magic does not help the Holy Knight, I may be able to assist as well. For I have both healing potions and a Healer's Touch as well."

He looks onward towards Conall, trying to determine is his aid would be needed here or elsewhere. Monitoring the paladin to determine if he was indeed safely out of danger and in the good healing hands of Lady Haila. "Me thinks that he shall yet again dance after you've continued administerikng to his health... though lessons might be in order," he adds with a wink and a smile.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit


Posted on 10/19/2004 at 2:10:07 PM (CST) 

Haila's training in healing had told her to act fast if they had been alone she'ed have been stitching and dispensing herbs, but they were not alone. Hands still pressed against the wound she looked at Alisdair. "If you can heal him please do my magical talents lay in other directions and I sorely feel it's lack."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

To the Halls of Valhalla
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 2:23:20 PM (CST) 

Conall punched at the wererat but the creature was too nimble and agile. Every punch seemed to miss its mark. Conall at least knew that as long as this one was on the ground the others would have one fewer foe to contend with. Cesair was also out of harm's way so this course of action was not totally in vein. All attempts to brake free and stand seemed to be stifled by the beast. That is when it happened, the wererat lunged upward with its head and caught Conall on the neck. Realizing that as long as Conall could not break the bonds of this beast and was over powering the thing his companions could not get a good attack. As the blood began to flow form the wound on his neck and his mind began to fade Conall rolled and put the wererat above him, exposing the things back to the onslaught of friends. Conall heard the high pitch squeal of a rat but in the back of his fading mind thought he could make out words. “I pray it does not end this way…”. All went black.

Conall, having no more wait on his chest opened his eyes. The warmth of his own blood streaming from his neck could still be felt. Then a hand from the mist that was beyond his vision came to him and placed pressure on his neck. “So this is it Conall my boy. Your end is here. I thought the hand of death would be cold not warm and gentle.” Conall’s eyes rolled back in his head and darkness took him once more. A voice fell on his ears “This voice is strong and Nobel sounding, To the halls of Valhalla for you my boy. The gods are truly pleased.” 

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Aftermath
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 5:21:38 PM (CST) 

Cor swung his hammer and once again felt the crushing of bones and splattering of vital organs. His foe slumped to the floor and he called out "One more for the Dwarf!" As he turned and looked for his next target he saw his companions finish off the remaining werebeasts and the vapor rats flee. Then he saw the pool of blood beneath Conall and Haila attempting to tend to his wounds with her healer's bags. As he watched her worry over the fallen padalin he heard Alasdair offer assistance. 'Never fails, the war clerics do the work and the paladins get the attention.' he thought to himself. He continued scanning and saw that a good portion of the party was injured. Hawk wasn't looking quite right, Haila showed some damage and Cesair was a bit wobbly. Ignoring his own wounds, he called to Af'til. "It appears our services as healers are required. I will tend to Conall and Haila if you will attemd to Hawk and Cesair. Cor walked over and tapped Haila on the shoulder, "Very nice work binding the wound but he needs more than your herbs can offer. Please let me tend to him." Cor began to pray and lifted his hammer his hammer high above his head, beseaching Odin for power. Then in a flash the hammer that had moments earlier crushed the life from his foes sped towards the paladin's forehead. "Odin commands your continued service!" As these words escaped his lips, the hammer struck Cor squarely between the eyes but left no mark. (OOC:Cast Heal)In an instant his eyes opened and met the gaze of Cor. "Just like a paladin to fall asleep on the job lad." he said with a grin. Then he turned to Haila, "Now it is your turn. Fear not, lesser healing is less 'exciting'. He placed his hammer against her forhead and spoke "By Odin's grace stand strong." He felt the power flow thru his hammer and enter Haila's body, healing her wounds. (OOC:Cure Moderate)

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Ah another healing hand
Posted on 10/19/2004 at 6:00:51 PM (CST) 

Seeing the two clerics heading towards Conall, Alasdair pulled his own gloves back on and backed away. "Conall, Lady Haila.. I do beleive that ye be better served by the likes off thy companion clerics. I would not want to offend their sense of duty or their gods," he mused with a wry grin.

Seeing that the clerics had the battle's aftermath well at hand, Alasdair moved away to search the area to make sure that the party was secure and would not be bothered again while it rested and recovered.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

backs away slowly
Posted on 10/20/2004 at 4:44:57 AM (CST) 

Haila scampered back as quickly as her hip allowed. Oddly enough she felt the pain more on the way back than she had rushing to aid the paladin. When the dwarf brought the hammer down Haila almost kicked the cleric in the head. A warning would have been nice a small part of her brain noted. SHe smiled a little more weakly than she normally would have as she was healed. Eyes still wide and barely blinking she turned to take in Lady Dru, Af'Til and Alisdair... "If that's ever me and I need," a vauge hand wave, "THAT.....you do it kay?" Rounding on the dwarf she pushed her face into the dwarf's eyes narrowing dangerously. "As for you...." she trailed off into a silence filled with menace. A sharp stabbing was felt in the dwarf's backside and he turned in time to see the cat sheating his claws. His eyes narrowed and also dangerous meet Haila's. Without a trace of humour she said very calmly "And I can make him do that anytime I want." (Which truth be known Niamedris was a cat and really you can't make a cat do anything it doesn't want to...at all....ever.) Pulling the dwarf closer by the beard she gave him a sound kiss and spoke pitched only to Cor's ears. "Seriously if I ever see that hammer comming at my forehead that dog and cat will make sure your a fine tenor for the church chior. Next time warn a girl would ya?" Giving the beard a last playful shake she bent to check on the Conall again and let the cleric think what he will.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Warning?
Posted on 10/20/2004 at 9:58:08 AM (CST) 

Cor jumped as he felt the claws in his backside. For such a little creature that cat sure had some sharp claws. Then Haila kissed him. "Well, if that is to follow all such attacks by your cat then bring on the little one, I'm ready." Cor replied with some levity and turned and shook his rear at the cat. "As for a warning, who would have allowed me to heal him if they knew it involved striking him full force in the skull? Most tend to shy away from that. As for allowing another to do it, I am afraid you are out of luck. For amoung all the healers here, I alone have the standing to conduct this spell. So you might want to clue in the little beasts." Then Cor turned to Conall and whispered, Hah, she held ya in her arms whilst healing ya but I got the first kiss my lad.'

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Valhalla - No not yet.
Posted on 10/20/2004 at 3:00:06 PM (CST) 

Conall opened his eyes expecting to see a large table and mugs of fine ale, mead, and piles of mutton and beef. Alas it was not to be; instead he met the gaze of Cor’s and heard the hush but still harsh voice of the dwarf. “No, I think not.” Conall moved a hand to his forehead where the warmth of the healing spell still lingered. “I think the gods kissed me first. Thank you good dwarf. Where is Alasdair I wish to tell him… that was how not to fight a battle.”

Feeling the healing powers of the gods going to work in his tired and hurt body Conall’s head began to clear. Still shaken a little but steady the Paladin stood. Looking around and seeing he was at the moment the target of many eyes, “Well from all standing here it seems I was the worst hit, but by the grace of the gods and good friends I am standing and doing well. Now if one could tell me for sure what it was that tried to take my life. Was it a vapor rat that moved in while the wererat was holding my attention or did the wererat do it himself?”

Conall does a one time check of equipment to make sure nothing was lost in the role around on the floor and awaits an answer.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Ignore my last post....
Posted on 10/20/2004 at 5:46:31 PM (CST) 

After bringing his mace down upon the wererat (which was in the process of reducing Connel's throad to a torn mess of mangled gore)Af'til saw the damage that the rat had done to the paladin. Since every second counted, he was about to drop his mace and heal the man, but Within a few seconds, Haila was tending to him, then Cor was. Af'til watched in anticipation, hoping that the healing would have an effect. If it worked, the man would awaken as good as new (just in need of a good washing). If it did not, then the man was dead before he could be healed and the spell just did nothing. Af'til had been in plenty of battles with other people he had worked with. Death almost occurred to at least one person in every group he was in. He remembered how once he was that person. The only thing that pulled him back to the mortal plain was a high priest that had joined in the battle against the massive dragon that dared to disturb the forest. As his eyes opened in his resurrection, he saw the priest that was above him now approaching the dragon with his own mace. On his chest was a piece of paper with 20,000 gp written on it. As he rose he dropped the paper and was about to attack the beast again and repay the favor (to the dragon) only no one would bring the dragon back. Of course he was too late, because the fighter that was with them (Seregond) had dodged to the side as the dragon tried to sink it's teeth into him. and as he dodged he crammed the sword right through the scale, into it's neck, and out the other side. Af'til still needed to pay off 7,000 gp of his debt (and fully intended on doing so). 
Now here he was wondering if he had watched yet another comrade die as he had done. Only there was no high priest here to ressurect him and once he left the mortal realm, Connal would not be fortunate enough to return......

Af'til will help in the healing of those who were injured in battle.

(Sorry if the post was really story-telling, but what else could I post for Af'til's actions?)

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

It was the werebeast
Posted on 10/20/2004 at 10:05:48 PM (CST) 

"Twas the vile werebeast that clamped upon your neck. Though not an overly impressive foe it is better than being laid low by a vapor rat. No doubt it will have been a monstrous specimin and accompanied by two score of its kin when the story is told in the local inn." Cor patted the paladin on the back in a geture of comraderee. Of course you are not the only one who needs lessons on when to dodge and when to weave. The trick in a fight is to simply stand where their weapon isn't."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Damnation.......
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 3:08:12 AM (CST) 

Cesair felt no satisfaction in the act of reducing the two Vapor rats into twin smoking piles of ash. Some of the group, including himself, were terribly wounded, the paladin grieviously, and all he had done was kill three blody rats!!!! He was sorely injured, but his pride was hurt even more than that. If it had not been for the holy warrior's timely assistance he would have surely been among the dead right now. He would find a way to repay the paladin somehow, but for the moment he was ashamed of himself. As he moved to a nearby corner he brought out one of the potions of healing he had brought with him and drank it, he would have given it to the injured paladin but the war cleric had already moved to his aide and healed him. He listened to the group continue to banter amongstthemselves as they had throughout the melee, they were indeed a close group. Once he has thoroughly kicked himself square in the ass so to speak, and the paladin is back on his feet, Cesair makes his way over to him.

"It is me thanks, I be givin ye brave sir. I hope tha' I can return tha' favor and give ye some aide." Having said that, the gnome will once again withdraw into himself while the party regroups he quitely and efficiently searches the room looking for items that might be of interest and for signs of those that attacked the place. As he does so he thinks to himself, no small wonder, these vermin bein' 'ere, like ravens to carrion they be. He glances at the party then, an intelligent lot they be, I wonder if'n they be a thinkin the same as me, tha' this place had been attacked by a firebreathin dragon.

Drakar100
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Hawk
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 3:16:51 AM (CST) 

Hawk see as how everyone else is tending to the guy who got bit went around kicking the bodies and saying "Hah and you thought you could take us you fools."

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

the fight is won
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 5:06:52 AM (CST) 

Smiling at Hawk's enthusiasm she left the paladin (as he indeed seemed in good health) and headed back to where she had faced the wererats. She stood before Ulthok. "I apologize for not thanking you earlier, although I am fairly sure you understand. You know you saved me from being skewered earlier, I hope I can be the one guarding your back next time and do as well as you did guarding mine. Well actually I hope that we won't be in a position that needs it but that really isn't seeming likely is it?" a wry smile touched her lips.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

There is something I must do.
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 5:17:42 AM (CST) 

“Cesair, I have not known many of the little people, but I do hear they always find joy in everything. I see it is a trouble brow that you wear. Is it joy that you are seeking among the dead? No, I think not. Good friend, you thanked me for an action that got me hurt badly but I am here standing. You have some part to play in that if all I have heard is true. After the darkness took me it was you who stayed in the battle and slain those that would have surely slain me in my blacken state of mind. It is I now who thanks you.” Conall offers a hand of thanks. “Now what do you say to this. Let us take a drink from the wine skin and join Hawk in the bantering of the dead? I dare say there is some more healing that is required and that should allow us to get a few good kicks in with out fear of teeth or blade.” Conall takes a sip of his wine skin and offers it over to Cesair. 

Conall then walks over to Alasdair, “Would you care for a dirnk?" and then in a low voice only Alasdair could hear, “I was bit by one of the wererats. I will do what I can for myself but if that should fail I ask you to use your skill at arms to kill me quickly.” Patting Alasdair on the shoulder in thanks he goes to speak with Cor.

“I must step aside for a moment, the words you tell me are unsettling to me and I must speak with Odin. If I fail Alasdair will do what must be done. I ask this of you, if Odin deems me to be cursed so be it. Then when Alasdair releases me from that curse, a warrior’s funeral pyre is all I ask for. I wish not to be left as carrion for the rats to feed upon.” Conall then gives a respectful tip of his helm fitting of one of the church, even a war cleric but this one is for a friend at arms.

Conall then moves to one side and places his sword point down and begins his prayers to Odin. It is during this time Conall will use his Curative Ability to cure the Curse of Lycanthropy that may be running through his veins.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

as Af'til contributes to the healing......
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 5:26:14 AM (CST) 

Af'til looked down at the rats and shook his head. "These didn't wage the attack on this place". He thought. "These are only the vultures that swoop down to eat at the remains of predators kill. If these are the vultures (regarding the rats) then what is the predator?" His thoughts cascaded through his mind. 
Then he walked over to Druisla. Remembering what he said about druids in the battle, he was a little hesitant to approach her, because he knew she heard the conversation. " Ummm. Lady dru?" He said as he approached the tiger. "Since you are the leader and the healing is nearly done, where to next? I mean, I suggest that we keep a move on so that we may get to the bottom of this....." He then waited to see if she could answer him in tiger form or if she was going to transform back in order to answer and lead the team.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A vow to a comrade
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 1:06:00 PM (CST) 

Cor was just fininshing his healings when Conall approached him with a request. It was not a happy one but rather a request for honor. "Conall, should all efforts, and I do mean all efforts including my own, are unable to cure you if you are afflicted with lycanthrope then I shall see that your body is not left to vermin such as these. Your pyre will burn brightly and your name will be entered into the lists held in the church. Of course it will be under an elevated rank. That is what I must officially do for you as a war cleric of Odin. Now as a comrade, is there any who you would wish me to bear news to or see taken care of if you fall? I ask not just for now but for the entire journey. Were you not a simple paladin but rather a full and true war cleric, I would be honored to call such as you 'brother'." There was a look of sincerity in Cor's eyes right up to the last sentence when a bit of mirth crept into his voice.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

well until we get on wif it...
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 2:21:44 PM (CST) 

Haila was leaning against a solid bit of wreakage. Frowning she watched the 3 men discuss something serious. When Conall went of on his own contemplating his sword point Halia kept her face smooth though she was concerned. Probably got in trouble from the cleric. By all reports Cor was Conall's teacher or tester or something, I really need to spend more time in Church Seeing the little cluster split apart she walked back to that side of the kitchen on the excuse of checking Dire. 

A nice scratch behind the ear and half hug the dog was once again an onyx staue. Wraping it in her spare tunic she tucked it away in her backpack again. She looked up at Alasdair frowning. A twist and she dug out her peppermint leaves from her healing bag offering it up to him. In a conversational tone she complained, "This is the point I start craving a bath. I sware if i find a whole bathtub and there is enough water about I will bathe even before the day is over. Honestly would you want to be rescued by anyone who smells this bad?" Looking at a few of the holes in her armour, "And a blacksmith. I wouldn't object to running into a blacksmith. I should learn that mend spell." A tounge ran over her lips frowning she grabbed a bit of spare embrodery cloth she polished a bit of the cavalier's breastplate. Leaning forward she smiled at her reflection and began to fish out a bit of green from between her teeth. She shot a reproachful look at Alisdair from under her lashes. "You could have said."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Ready when you are.
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 2:56:26 PM (CST) 

Conall stands after prayer and the use of his Curative Ability. “Well it seems every one was waiting on me.” Conall rechecks his things and is ready to move out. When he walks by Cor.

“Brother? You are to old to be my brother.” not knowing many war clerics but having listened to this one for some time now Conall gave a last little word. “Father.”

“I am lucky to be with such good people. May the journey end at a safe door, but with these may the visits go on forever.”

Conall knowing the powers of Druids and seeing a new addition to the group he places his weapon hand on his breast plate and with a bow of respect given to a leader, “I thank you for the time Ma Lady. I like the new you, although the other would be easier to listen to when in song. I am also ready to move out when the word is given.”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Responses
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 3:32:42 PM (CST) 

Cor heard Conall refer to him as 'father' and knew it was meant as an honor, however he felt he had to correct the young paladin incase they ran into any other war clerics. "Conall, amoung war clerics 'father' is what we call those that live comfortable lives inside their pretty temples clueless to the world we walk in. They think it is a show of utmost respect for their standing in the church, and we allow them to believe such, but it is tantamount to calling them 'son of a whore' amoung my brethren. 'Brother' is reserved for those you would honor regardless of age, brother Drew Vertiglade is nearly 800 years my senior but still we address each other as 'brother'. I know you meant no insult by your words, just don't call me 'Father' again, especially in company of my brethren. Then he turned to Haila, "If it is a bath you desire, I believe I have some water in a skin and a spounge in my backpack. I am sure we can work something out."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Missed opportunity, I think not.
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 4:03:22 PM (CST) 

Not daring to miss an opportunity Conall starts rummaging through his back pack, “I know I have a towel in here some where. You will need to dry off so as not to catch anything.”

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Aftermath
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 5:26:21 PM (CST) 

The battle with the rats continued to rage all around as Ulthok faced down the second wererat of a pair that was harassing the lady Haila, she had frozen one and also had called a protector to her side a dog named Dire who together with Haila’s familiar cat where keeping the vapor rats busy and off her back. Ulthok using his springing boots had leapt to her side and as he did he had let out his rather unique battle cry. As he arrived the two were exchanging attacks, now he doesn’t know if it was his sudden arrival or his high pitched yell going off in its ear but the wererat hesitated just enough for Ulthok’s blade to pierce it from back to front thus throwing it’s attack off enough to just nick Haila and kill the wererat his attack did however cause some of the wererats blood to spray forth across Haila.

As his blade was killing the wererat he heard comment coming from the kitchen area in reference to his battle cry as Cor asked if someone had stepped on a rat. Now these types of comments and banter never bothered the halfling just the opposite. !-! ell he was the first one to laugh at himself he had been dealing with his high pitched voice his whole life, besides the joking and playfulness among the members of this party, to Ulthok, is one of the things that makes them such an awesome force. So as he continues to run the wererat through 
“Sure Mr Cor my cry may bring a slight smile to your face, but it alone has brought about the death of many a powerful foe as they roll on the ground and laugh themselves to death.”
He looks up at Haila and smiles as the wererat slides to the floor off his blade.

Seeing the sudden change in the look on Hailas face to panic and horror Ulthok takes a quick look around thinking a foe had been missed and was closing in. Then as she moved toward Conall he saw the dying Palladian lying on the floor in his own blood. Knowing there is nothing in his abilities that could help he stays out of the way so the clerics and healers can do their jobs. He had actually taken no injuries so in order to make sure the party members who have been hurt have time to be healed and time to rest he will position himself where he can keep an eye on both the door we came through that leads back into the courtyard and the second door in here that Cesair had not opened the one on the north wall. He will put his sword away and again withdraw his shortbow. Looking over the party he will motion for Drusilia to come over once she has returned to human form. When or if she responds to him he will attempt to head off another crisis before it is even brought up.

Lady Dru seems you came through no worse for wear, and it looks like the healers are having success with Conall. Dam vermin. You know seeing you in cat form always raises my heart beat a couple of notches. Anyways I would like to throw my two coppers worth in before you lecture the party on why we stay together even when we have scouts out ahead . I think they where under the impression that once you had said they where going to scout for us that they where to get started, then we had the new arrival and things got mixed up. Part of the group went one way and part the other. With the injuries that have occurred we all feel bad enough so go light okey.
Ulthok will then go back to keeping watch and wait for whatever is going to happen next.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Let us move on
Posted on 10/21/2004 at 7:13:08 PM (CST) 

Knowing she would not be able to directly hurt the wererats herself while in tiger form, Drusilia believes that using this form to keep them panicked and off balance will give the others a better chance of killing them, and she was right as Hawk and Alasdair cut down the one she was facing.
From that point on the battle turned in favor of the group and ended rather quickly. As soon as she turned and saw the last vapor rats fleeing she transforms back. Seeing that a good many of the party members are injured she offers her assistance wherever it be needed. Watching as Cor works on Conall Dru will offer her skills to Hawk and to Cesair as both have been injured.
(Ooc: She can use her staff of curing or any of the curing spells she has if they need her to heal them just take whichever spell is needed and use it then remove from my list.)

After taking care of whoever needs her if any she takes in the scene around her. Dear forms litter the floor all around and to her it looks as if things could of gotten even worse than they had. This brings her ire up that some of the party had not listened to her and had been out doing whatever they wanted without thinking about the rest of the group. She notices the halfling Ulthok kind of standing off by himself while the rest of the party was throwing words, jokes, and innuendos of all kinds back and forth, and he seemed to be singling to her. Turning her back on the joviality that seems to have infected the rest of the group, her mind goes over the latest events as she walks over to where Ulthok is standing.

She knows she should not be angry because of the way the group is carrying on they are just letting out some anxiety and that this is the way some of them deal with stress through humor, but she can’t help feeling that they would not be stressed right now if they had all been together like they should have been. She knows she can’t be angry with them they have all just suffered from the mistake and they aren’t mad at each other. 

Arriving at Ulthoks side she looks at the halfling Trying to sound stern
“So what is it I can do for you.” Ulthok giving her a stern look back proceeds to tell her to lighten up and not be to hard on the group. Basically lets just get on with the task at hand. Which is what she had already in her own mind decided they needed to do. She reaches out and giving him a reassuring squeeze calls the Party to order.

All right everybody enough for right now. I am glad to see you are looking much better Conall don’t do that to us anymore please. That was a pretty horrendous battle we just came through and many of us where injured during it. So I am going to make this quick and to the point. When this battle started and the cry went up for help many of us who came running in from the other room were caught by surprise by the vapor rats noxious gas, this put us at an immediate disadvantage and caused some of us to not be able to take action for a couple seconds, and as we all know that can be the difference between success and failure. Now I believe if we had all been in the same immediate area our reactions would have been quicker and we may not of suffered as much as we did. Now of course we need scouts and Hawk and Cesair will do a great job, but the rest of us should not be so far away we can’t even see what is going on. Okey Nuff Said. If everyone is in agreement lets get back to our mission. Cesair would you like to check that other door in here for any danger, and we will prepare to check out the next room.


ooc: I have kind of lost track of time already how long have we been in the temple?



Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:49:32.
Edited on 2018-03-13 at 08:10:22 by Eol Fefalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Aftermath

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Aftermath
Posted on 10/22/2004 at 7:07:07 AM (CST)

With this battle like the one before now over the stench of the kitchen was noticable to all.
The party could see the kitchen was trashed with rotting food and broken items everywhere.


Haila moving fast was the first to reach the fallen Paladin where he laid bleeding to death slowly.Lifting his head slowly and very tenderly she poured a potion of extra healing into his mouth. she could feel the heat of his body and the closeness of it caused her heart to skip a bit....


Then the Dwarf Cor was beside her his hammer raised his deep voice in prayer.Suddenly without warning and to everyone's horror ,the hammer fell upon Conall's head HARD...yet no wound was left behind.

Haila seeing that Conall would once again live laid his head gently to the ground .jumping up she leaned forward and without pause kiss'd Cor full...


The Paladin slowly beginning to awake.
Opening his eyes he beheld a sight to make him believe he was still dreaming....The lovely Haila kissing the Dwarf Cor.His eyes very wide at that indeed.


Af'Til ever the faithful one moved among the group offering his healing as needed.He could see that the Paladin was in good hands ,even though those hands were hairy and stout as befitting a Dwarf whose face was at this very moment very RED...


Cesair felt anger and shame for not having shown this party better then his ability to be sick.Speaking to Conall of his thanks he began to move away seeming to hide within himself his blame yet it clearly written on his face.Conall offering his hand in thanks speaks to him attempting to lift the Gnomes sprites with the truth of the matter at hand...


Hawk being the careful Ranger moved around the now human bodies of the Wererats making sure each was dead.He knew that one should always be sure for to take death for granted sometimes could get you killed also...


Conall now mostly healed and back to himself knew his next step so after talking to Cor he moves off by himself.Using his powers and saying a prayer ,fearing the worst ,but only finding the best.No curse of Lycanthrope has he...


Ulthok was quiet as he watched Conall move off to be alone.He was vey happy to see the Paladin yet alive and healed.Taking his Shortbow to hand he stood ready should battle once again come to be at hand.
Speaking to the Lady Dru he awaits her commands.


Alasdair having offered his help in any way moved off to allow Haila and Cor room to work on Conall knowing that he was in good hands.Having been at first startelled by the hammer striking the Paladin he was now once again calm.A few moments later he was confused to find Haila in front of him polishing his armor and smiling at him in a playful manner.
Had she not kissed the Dwarf Cor moments before ,now she was seemingly attracted with him?..Could he be so lucky?.


Then the Lady Dru ,Captain of the party was once again her pretty self having changed from tiger back to Elf.She quickly talked to Ulthok then she began to address the party.
She talks of the need to stay together and the dangers that could fall upon them all if they should chose to do not.Many more dangers and creatures she knows lay ahead some vast and deadly.By themself's alone they shall fall but together as a team they will prevail.Her words strong yet careing ,firm and to the point let no one think her soft...

Then her orders she speaks which are simple in thier form..Cesair to check the door within the kitchen the rest to ready themself's to check the northern door just to the outside of the kichen.

Moving quickly yet with care Cesair reaches the door carefully checking for it to be locked or traps ,none there are to find.opening he finds behind it a 40x60 room clearly used for the storage of food.Any food once here has obviously been removed not long ago as dust has yet to gather upon the floor.
Turning he speaks his findings.close's the door and returns as the party moves towards the northern door.....

(OOC:Okay to answer Dru's question you have been inside the Monastery from landing to now less then 1 hour ,roughly 45 minutes.
Also I need to know who cast what healing spell who got it and what type. I have 3 people offering to do healing but no one telling me who is being healed let me know in the out of game thread please so I can adjust your hp's.


Now on a non-game matter Bromern Sal has posted a thread on him hating D&D. I would like each of you to read the postings there and give your own idea's on this matter.I know both Kyle and Mottle have done so as well as Orion ,and I myself have too.So please give your thoughts on this issue I feel it to be very Important Thank you all ,have a great weekend will post on Monday)

Ok I have edited the post on the request of a player.I am sorry It was at first a little too demeaning.
I hope the edit is better please let me know if changes yet need to be made.


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:51:06.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


17

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Confused and amazed
Posted on 10/22/2004 at 6:45:25 PM (CST) 

Heartedly accepting the wineskin from Conall, Alasdair almost choked upon hearing his words, "I was bit by one of the wererats. I will do what I can for myself but if that should fail I ask you to use your skill at arms to kill me quickly." And as quickly as Conall uttered those words, he moved off leaving Alasdair to his own thoughts. 'Surely the noble Paladin would not be so afflicted with lycanthropy. It would not set well with the group at all to be so charged, let alone need to act on it. Whew!!' he thought, 'not good indeed."

His musings were pleasantly interupted as Lady Haila approached. With a small bow, "Lady Haila I am glad to see that you have not been too seriously harmed.' Quickly accepting the offered peppermint, "Aye, a bath and or a swim would be a great pleasure at this time. For both my body and armor are both in dire need of a good cleaning at the moment," said with a wink and a smile. 

Seeing her reach forward to gentle whipe off a spot on his breastplate, "Aye lass, ye are indeed a beautiful lady. One that would sorely be missed by myself and all of yer friends had anything happened to you." Upon hearing her gentle reproach for not letting her know about the peppermint, "a thousand apologies m'lady." The mood quickly lightened upon hearing Cor's jests, yet his mind still lingering upon what had just transpired.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Time to move on
Posted on 10/24/2004 at 2:15:21 PM (CST) 

With healing spells complete on Conall and Haila, Cor prepared himself for further exploration. The room they stood in was vile and disgusting and movement to a differant one would definately be in order. The party was a bit bruised but overall in excellent shape after being tended to by himslef and Af'Til. 'Too bad the battle ended so soon, I was having such fun.' thought Cor 'At least it won't be long until the next one.' As he took his place in the marching order, he looked at Haila and took a moment to remember their kiss. 


Did her heart skip the same beat his had? The way her soft lips felt warm and supple as they pressed against his own weather chapped ones. There was a hint of long expired perfume upon her that caused Cor to wonder how she would smell after that bath she desired. No doubt it would be entoxicating. She was a rare find this one. Beauty, wits and physical ability were all wrapped into one package. It would be a most enjoyable experience to receive such a package and slowly remove the bows, ribbons and wrappings that shroaded it and gaze upon it unobstructed by unnecessary trapping that served only to detract from its natural finery. Cor's mind suddenly returned to the task at hand and he was glad for the thick, red beard that covered his cheeks as he could feel that at the moment they likely matched it in color.



Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Moving On 
Posted on 10/24/2004 at 9:35:10 PM (CST) 

Standing and keeping watch as Cesair checks the door in the kitchen for traps and finds none. The door opened to show a empty room that was once a store room now empty, but emptied rather recently for no dust was yet settled in the room. As Cesair retreats from the kitchen to join with the rest of the party Ulthok speaks quickly to Dru.
Could be someone knowing they where going to have to hole up somewhere cleaned out the storeroom that could be a good sign that maybe they had some advanced warning before the attack.

Once Cesair has checked the door in the kitchen and opened it and all was clear and Ulthok spoke to Dru he will go up to the northern door that stands just outside the kitchen door and using his thieving skills will give the area a very through check for traps and danger and then check to see if the door is locked. He will not open it just see if it is locked. Ulthok if he finds the door to be safe will also attempt to detect if any noise is coming from the other room he will listen at the door while he waits for Dru to tell them to enter the room.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

a very merry maiden indeed
Posted on 10/25/2004 at 1:19:51 AM (CST) 

Haila linked her arm through Af’til’s and dragged him into her teasing wether he wanted to or not. In a confidential tone (that would have been more convincing if it had have been at all hushed) she told the elf, “I said a bathtub did I not?” The little mage barely waited for Af’til’s nod before ploughing ahead. “It’s tragic dealing with the aged. It’s almost always the hearing that goes first.” She made her look take in both paladin and cleric. “Truly, truly sad.”

Haila was accustomed to being the youngest member of any particular group. She and Talia had always been. Her experience was amazing for someone as young as herself. At 19 winters she had the ability of a mage almost twice her age. Luckily she managed to look older or else no one would ever take her seriously … unless she turned them into toads. Which was really more work than it was worth. 

Haila was thrilled with her new companions the more playful and serious alike; they were all competent and able. All seemed to have open minds. It was a nice switch from the last group she had been with. Feeling a tug of dark memories she pushed them away. Being able to laugh and play during the adventure almost made Haila want to forgive her sister and Warrik. More dark thoughts. More bad memories. With a considerable effort Haila again shrugs off the bleakness of her thoughts. She knows she can’t hide from it forever but just a little longer perhaps.

She smiled her thanks at the elf for sharing in her joke. The fact he was also much older wasn’t lost on her. All but dancing across the floor she headed in the direction of the door. Dru’s suggestion to get on with things suited her just fine. As she approached she noted the bit of red in the dwarf’s cheeks. He must have overexerted himself with the healing spells. Haila, who had pushed herself and her magic to the limits before, was more than sympathic. She decided to distract from the obvious discomfort the dwarf was in. Winking at him to let him know her secret was safe with her she spied the paladin, she walked in behind him and began rummaging through his pack, without so much as a by your leave. Fingertips feeling a torch at the bottom she pulls the straps of the pack bending the paladin backwards. Laughing she says, “Obviously ladies of the court require little in the way of flexibility. Ha!” A torch pulled out of the back Haila wanders off a bit with it casting Continual Light in a soft tone hoping no one can hear that damn sing-song voice. She tosses it casually to Alisdair. “You’re taller so you get the honours. And as none of us seems to have a place in that line up there I guess you me and Cesair are stuck together." A small bow to the gnome fit again thanks to the healing. Looking at Conall she asked with light-hearted sarcasm indicating his pack “I suppose you want me to close that now?”

(OCC-Yes I changed my avatar. Considering I change my clothes 3 times a day and my hair once a month am amazed it stuck around that long)

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Minx
Posted on 10/25/2004 at 6:44:43 PM (CST) 

Conall gave a grin at Haila, “Minx. You can either close the pack or walk be hind me all day and pick up what is dropped out of it.” Conall then put his back to the lady and dropped to one knee. “If you would be so kind as to close the pack.”

“The beauty of youth.” Went through Conall’s mind.

Glancing over to Cor, “You are deep in thought? I only heard you pray in the midst of battle.”

“Cesair, if at any time a door makes you feel uneasy because of what might be on the other side, do not hesitate to call upon me to open it. Your job it to clear the way of the unseen dangers such as traps and pitfalls. Please do not put yourself in harms way needlessly. I would hate to loss one of my drinking friends.”

When Conall’s pack is closed and gear secured Conall gives a nod to the Lady Drusilia as a show of his readiness.

Conall’s words seem to be lacking the playfulness that they were once full of. The bite on his neck still pledged his thoughts “Not until the next moon or deep in the rage of battle will I know what you have in store for me Great Odin.”

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Oh little girl......(couldn't resist)
Posted on 10/25/2004 at 8:28:34 PM (CST) 

Af'til just went along with the young mage. After all, he did have little choice in the matter. Being an elf with feature that looked as if they were carved from stone, women were never a problem for him. It was very rare that he ever came across one with such... spunk. He couldnt help but grin as she talked about the aged. Looking at her he said "well i am quite aged myself miss. Far older than you that is. But, being an elf it does not matter. I am and will forever be in my prime!" Then he said. "If i am not mistaken, you are quite young to possess the magical skills that you do. As we wait for new developements perhaps we can share some of our stories of our past adventures. Have you ever fought a dragon?". He figured since he couldnt play his harp at the moment he would mingle with some of the others. Then he looked at Cor. "So are ya going to share some of your ale with me or did you drink it all on me?"

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

A bit of catching up to do.....
Posted on 10/26/2004 at 3:09:22 AM (CST) 

Cesair managed to take the thanks of Conall with grace, and took a drink from his wine skin with more than a little bit of enthusiasm, he enjoyed the warmth of the liquid as it flowed down his throat. The gnome wiped his mouth with the back of his free hand, handed the wine skin back to its owner and with a bow of his head scampered off to do Drucilla's biding.

Cesair ran his fingers along the door's seam, and even pulled out a little mirror that was attached to the end of a thin little rod. As he kealt down on the floor at the door, he strained his ears to hear anything that might be on the other side of the portal while using the mirror to look under the door. After a second or two, he hopped upright and opened the door, the room beyond was barren. It had perhaps been a storeroom that had been wiped clean by those that had attacked this place. Na' much ta' report 'ere, he thought to himself. He turned to look at their leader and just shook his head.

"Tis most likely a store room, been cleaned out recently tho." As he moves to take a position near the halfling Ulthok, he begins to think to himself, 'Aye, place has been attacked, hardly a body ta' stumble over, loot has been carted off, vermin have come ta' feed, doubt we will be seeinthose who done this. Nay, they be most likely long gone from 'ere, got a nasty feelin though we may find other nasty things laying about. Would na' doubt it ifin we find a bunch o' walking dead folks. Damnation, illusions won't work on them much, his mind races over the spells he has memorized as a precaution. His round little face scrunches into a grimace at the thought.

He hears Conall's offer of dread door openings and gives him a wink, then he turns to watch as Ulthok checks this door, his eyes admiring how proficient the halfling is at the task.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

smiles and snarls
Posted on 10/26/2004 at 5:48:04 AM (CST) 

Haila's smile was more of a chuckle as she bent to tie the paladin's pack shut. "Batchelors' your all the same running around expecting a woman to pick up after you." Pack once again safely shut she leaned her forearms against Connal's shoulders. Her leg was lifed behind her to use her weight to hold him there. In actual fact he probably could get up but then she would fall on her nose but as that was not likely to happen it amounted to the same thing. She moved her head to get a better view of the side of his neck. Her cornsilk braid slipped over the paladin's shoulder and darn near touched the floor. 

"All better, not so much as a mark. Honestly, rolling around on the floor with a wererat. Amazing you didn't catch anything!" At the paladin's chocking sound she pitched her voice lower her lips practically brushing his ear. "You religious types have a hard time contracting any of these dread diseases." Thinking to herself but trying to avoid the toughts in her own head. The real problem is wererats cover thier blades with saliva and can infect people that way too. But there is always hope, after all am I not a great and powerful mage? Hidden against her inspection of the paladin's neck her smile turned bitter then she sighed softly as she thumbed a thick gold ring on her finger. A quick hug for Conall and she was up again. 

Never showing any concern on her face she stood still smiling. No dark thoughts, no bad memories. By Odin, all she wanted to do is throw her head back and scream. It was a miricle he voice was still steady and fun-filled as she responded to the elf. "Adventures? Sorry you have the wrong sibling there. You'ed have to ask Tails or Rendar they are the adventurous ones. The only dragon I ever fought was my damn mother-in-law, the old bat damn near breathes fire!"

(OCC Hate it it when I woke up in the am so changed it about a bit....god don't you wish you had a morning after edit button in R/L?)

 



Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:53:08.
Edited on 2018-03-13 at 08:19:11 by Eol Fefalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Moving Out

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Moving Out.
Posted on 10/26/2004 at 6:21:24 AM (CST)

The party set ,the small room and Kitchen checked ,Wererats all dead ,they moved.

The party formed up into a compromissed marching order with Ulthok and Hawk leading per the Lady Dru's orders....

Ulthok with Hawk close behind him carefully approached the northern door just inside the corrider.
A through search of the door revealed no traps or locks ,not needing Conall for this one the Halfling grabbed the handle to open....

Before him he found a 20x20 closet with a line of wall mounted hangers upon which were a dozen finely made and pressed cloaks.On each cloak could clearly be seen the symbol of Freya Goddess of Love and Fertility ,none of which appeared to have been touched by the attackers.No other clothing was there for him to see....

With that door checked the party slowly moved onwards deeper into the Monastery itself.A few feet beyond the door entered in from the courtyard they found the hallway was seen to spilt both north and south.The hallway to the north ended 30 feet at a wall ,no doors were had to be seen.
To the south the hallway continued for as far 90 feet to yet another spilt.
The party seeing as the only path lay to the south moved as such....

Arriving at the spilt it was found to run both east and west.
To the west could be seen 3 doors ,2 to the south ,the 1st 50 feet away ,the 2nd 40 feet beyond that.
The last door was on the western wall at the hallways end 30 feet beyond.A total of 120 feet away.
To the east it could be seen 2 doors.
The 1st 30 feet and on the north wall ,with the 2nd 50 feet beyond that at the hallways end on the eastern wall. A total of 80 feet away....

The time had come for The Lady Drusila to chose would they move east or west and what other horrors awaited them there.......

(OOC:Okay I need a true marching order from Dru or Cor.
As Dru said earlier about Ulthok and Hawk being good scouts I placed them at the front untill told different.Also still have not heard if any healing was cast other then already stated so as no one is really down it is not a major thing
,I will just go with the present hit points.again will post Thursday....)

OOC:Okay I edited the post to include the monks Goddess as I had forgot to do so last nite and was thankfully informed this morning.


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:54:18.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


18

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

fine i'll go first (sheesh)
Posted on 10/27/2004 at 5:35:41 AM (CST)

Haila fell in column at the back. She could barely see past tall dark and shiny in front of her so contented herself to the view of herself in his armour. She felt like a child again sent to the back of the class for disruptive behavior. That probably wasn't too far wrong. She hoped someone would start to talk soon, thoughts and memories kept flooding her mind. Anything would make a welcome distraction. Occasionally she playfully bumps Cor who walks beside her and they share a grin but for the most part she submits to the agressive silence. Soldiering is boring and thinking was becoming more dangerous. Her face became darker more insense as she resided more and more in her own head. She bit her bottom lip unconciously as her brows drew in with pain and worry.

Niamedris was uncharacteristically silent sniffing everything in sight and warning Haila of bends in the hallway and bumps on the carpet. The feline darted about among the companions looking forward and behind.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Moving on, sort of
Posted on 10/27/2004 at 12:43:07 PM (CST)

Cor was sent to the rear of the party. "The two armor-clad behemoths fall on the ground wretching while we kill the bad guys and we are sent to the rear. How does that happen?" Cor said to Haila. "Well, at least they can find the traps for us." Cor was not overly excited to be somewhat removed from the battle line but very happy about his current travel companion. He noticed Haila occasionally bumping his arm and then her retreat into silence. That would not do so he engagegd her in light conversation. "How long have you traveled with that little, sharp-clawed furball?" Cor motioned to the cat that walked with Haila. "Mind if I pet it?"

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

you wanna pat my what ? ;>
Posted on 10/27/2004 at 3:58:33 PM (CST)

Her hand trailing against the wall as she walks,Haila's smile is wry as she looked at the dwarf. "Take hope-we may yet be taken by surprise from behind." A wink acompanied the single entendre. "As for Niamedris, we've been together for almost two years now. You can pat him if he chooses but he's quite distracted at the moment. He and Dire have been the constants in my life for the last year. As well as FleetFoot. It seems every time I look around there is somewhere else to go a new group of bodygurds and so forth. A new Inn and common room." A laugh crept in her voice. "Not that I regret any...much... of that part. I may not have a dwarven constitution but a hollow leg and a hole in my boot certainly helps. Well that and I cheat. Won many a coin too.Its very satisfying to drink one's own bodyguard under the table and then have to tuck him into bed. Almost makes being told you need a bodyguard bareable."

Haila looked about the corridors, this place was big. Screwing up her face she noted "This place is HUGE! Something tells me I'll be trying to sleep in my armor tonight. See this?" she bends low, face to face with the dwarf, and points to a small bump in her nose. "Hit myself with a gauntlet in my sleep. Broke it." A false look of tragity crosses her face at odds with her giggles.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

fine dont spare the ale.......
Posted on 10/27/2004 at 4:08:35 PM (CST)

Af'til Walked in the marching order, seeing the two people in front, he thought "well now things are making sense. We have scouts. Then again a ranger wouldnt make an ideal scout unless we were in a wilderness setting. Lady dru knows whatever she is doing though. Making scouts was a good idea." Hearing Haila's response, Af'til let his mind go from the subject. He did not like to hear of family disputes. They were far more common amongst the humans than the elves and he did not appreciate hearing of such things. Of course he felt sympathy for the bardess and even a little pity, but on the bright side, her power as a bard was stronger than most anyone else her age. So the yin must balance the yang (a saying Af'til heard from a traveling monk. He still doesnt exactly grasp its meaning).

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Who or What...
Posted on 10/27/2004 at 5:24:23 PM (CST)

Conall made notice of the inter walls of the monastery. He was looking for signs of left behind of who or what the beings were, those who did this. The rats usually do not work alone, and wererats are never bold enough to take on such a place as this. I could see goblins doing this under a strong leader but only in great numbers.

At the cloak room Conall made note of the robes and that they boar upon them the symbol of the Goddess Freya.

The small kitten was a pleasant distraction when the party would stop moving forward and the pathfinders were clearing away the traps. Besides if Conall could keep an eye on the kitten it surly would hear or see anything approaching and would dive for cover.

As the party paused at the intersection, Cor, no matter what direction we go you will have unexplored halls at your back. If something does approach please do give a call. If you would wish me not to help in battle I could at least watch such a Great War cleric at work. Last time I was to busy praying and playing. Conall shot a grin to Cor, Haila, and Ceasair.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Tra la la........
Posted on 10/28/2004 at 2:53:48 AM (CST)

OOC: I post quite a while back that Cesair used one of his healing potions upon himself, let me know if that was not enough to heal him of his 20 points of damage.

Cesair followed along, and as some of the group continued further, he paused for a moment wondering to himself why the marauders did not take or at the very least disturb the monks' robes. Hmmmmmmm...., he stroked the stylish little beard on his chin as he pondered the significence of that fact, then proceeded onwards with the rest of the group. At the T intersection, he looked back down the hallway that had no doors, odd that there is a hallway and no doors, now isn't it. Good place for a secret door methinks. But then the party heads onward and comes to another intersection.

Connal looks his way and makes a jest, one that the gnome barely catches as he was deep in thought, or was it the fact that the pretty wizard's rear end was about at his face level and therefore served as a distraction. He looks to the paladin and gives him a devilish smile and a wink.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

huh...
Posted on 10/28/2004 at 6:20:19 AM (CST)

Haila wrinkles her nose in distaste as the paladin makes his jest. Fishing through the bag on her hip she pulls out her rather diminished supply of peppermint and waves it at the paladin. At his look she replies, "Not for your stomach, your breath still smells like 'prayer'."

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Pet the nice "kitty"
Posted on 10/28/2004 at 1:53:15 PM (CST)

Cor laughed as Haila offered the paladin a remedy for "prayer breath". He would have to remember that one. Conversation amoung the group was definately of a pleasant nature with much good-natured ribbing.

Haila's cat (which Cor had nicknamed 'kitty') made several passes by Cor on its 'patrol' around the group. 'That is one big cat.' thought Cor. 'And the teeth are really impressive, I'd hate to make kitty mad.' On one of the passes, Cor reached out and scratched the big cat on the chin. He was rewarded with a very loud, low purring sound. Although it was a rare trait for a dwarf, Cor was a cat person. "Very nice one you have Haila, I'm glad I got to pet it. There was a smile on the dwarf's face. It was at that point that the party stopped as they reached an intersection.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

The Intersection
Posted on 10/28/2004 at 8:06:31 PM (CST)

Once the final room is checked and found to contain only robes Drusilia gets the group together in their marching order and they move out from the area. Moving back to the hall that went north and south the only direction to travel was south so they follow the hall to its end where it again splits to the east and west. Three doors to the west two in the east hall. Wanting to get as much information about what is behind the doors before they just pull them open, she will call upon both the thieves and those who can detect evil.
I would like to check the two doors to the east first. I would like Ulthok to move to the end of the hall and check that door fully while Cesair does his thing on the first door to the north. While they are looking for traps and listening for danger I would like Conall to use his ability to detect evil if he would and check out what he can into the area where Ulthok is working behind that door.
Sending those three off to complete their tasks Drusilia turns to their newest companion.

Alasdiar sir, I am not sure how this information came to me, but it is my job to keep this party safe. I understand you have some psion abilities and to be openly honest I truly dont understand how this type of power functions. So I ask of you if when we come to a situation such as this if there is anything you may be able to offer the group in the way of say detecting creatures, or traps ,or any form of danger I hope you would feel free to inform me until I become more familiar with your powers, and actually anyone here who feels they have a skill or talent I am not letting them use to their full potential please let me know.

Once again focusing on the action in the hallway she waits for reports from the two thieves as to what they have found and from Conall as to what may lay behind door #1 at the end of the hall.


OOC: I would like to keep things moving and not just end here checking doors so I will let The DM Pick which door we open and enter based on the following criteria, if he thinks this is ok.


BIC:

I want to check room at end of hall first, so as long as no evil is detected by Conall that is the way we will go. Drusilia waits for Ulthok to tell what he finds, and if all clear its a go, if he detects any traps she asks him to disarm it while the others stand back. If he succeeds they go.
The only reason they would go through the north door is if evil detected at east door and not north door or trap not removable on east door.

OOC: I hope this is not to confusing I mainly want to stay away from evil right now but check rooms where the doors may be trapped .

Entering doors inside like this is always going to be hard with 9 ready to battle adventures, so I hope this will work ok.
Once the door is ready to be opened she calls for the scouts to fall back to their predetermined spots(a door opening order) and for Alasdiar to step up to open the door, she has chosen him sort of as a human shield his AC is -2 and has 78hps.Hawk will move to stand with Aftil, with Conall and Dru, then Cor and Halia, then Cesair and Ulthok. Ulthok had asked to move in last hoping that if a battle starts he may have a better chance in the chaos to hide and move for a back stab.

So Finally Alasdiar grips the door handle and with anticipation quickly but as quitly as a armor clad warrior can swings open the door and gets the first look at what lies behind.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Check, Check, Check Please
Posted on 10/28/2004 at 8:12:01 PM (CST)

When Ulthok opens the door all that confronts him is a 20x20 closet with hanging robes. Departing this information on to the party. The Lady Dru calls them to marching order and Ulthok takes his place at the front with the ranger Hawk the two being chosen to make sure the group may pass safely through the winding halls and rooms. Checking everything as he moves out of the recent battle area and back into the courtyard where all had started, they stand in the north and south hall to the north nothing to be seen to the south the hall run uninterrupted for 90 ft. where it then branches east and west. Continuing his diligent checking for any dangers the group made their way to this junction. At this point Drusilia ask for him to proceed to the east and check the door on the east wall for traps and try to listen beyond the door for any noise.


I would like Ulthok to move to the end of the hall and check that door fully

Moving down the hall to the door he does what he is asked he first checks the area leading up to the door for any thing out of the ordinary like wires or slits or slots in the walls he watches for any raised or depressed areas in the floor, then he approaches the door and carefully checks all around it also. Once he has checked everything if he found anything he will attempt to disarm and remove it using his tools which he had put in his pack back at the castle when they switched from riding their own horses to flying here. If the door is safe he will now attempt to hear noise to see if he can detect any action behind the closed door. As he is doing all this he is aware of Conall near him trying to see if there are any evil creatures hanging about.


He reports back to Drusilia any findings and then waits for futher orders, trying to be as still as possable so as not to distract Cesair while he preforms his checks on the northern door in this hall. Once all the checking is done and we are ready to move the Lady Dru calls for me to move to the back while Alasdair moves to the front to open the door. I obey moving back to stand by the gnome. I have pulled out my precious Idreanl and stand ready to move on.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Prayer Breath???
Posted on 10/29/2004 at 5:15:27 AM (CST)

Conall took the peppermint with a look of bewilderment. Not having been a paladin of the church long he cupped his hand and waved it in front of his face, first breathing out through his mouth and then in though his nose. I was unaware of Prayer Breath then again I have never been close enough to a cleric, alter boy, or priestess to notice. Perhaps I must look more closely at this desition of mine, being a Paladin of the church with Prayer Breath and all.

Conalls mind thought is broken as Drusilia ask for him to scan for evil Conall move to a good vantage spot in the group and begins to open his mind to what is about him

Conall, slowly scans down the hall and then turning slightly to check the first and then second door. At the first sign of saver pain Conall will break his seeking ways. After such a sacred act Conall waves his hand in front of his mouth and nose, Detecting evil does not give me Prayer Breath so I am good doing that.


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 21:57:59.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A Path Chosen

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Path Chosen
Posted on 10/29/2004 at 5:52:36 AM (CST)

The Followship of 9 had quietly arrived at the Monastery by different means.Some by air, others by horse, some together, others alone.Yet now they stood as a team ready to rescue a piece of a Kings heart, and face the ever present twists of fate.Time yet moved on....

At the east-west spilt Drusilia hesitated not, sending both Ulthok and Cesair up the east hallway, each to check a door.Turning to Conall she asks him to use his ability of Detect Evil, with a nod of understanding he does so at once knowing no Evil is there to detect behind ethier door.Of this he so informs the Captain.

Ulthok skillfully scanned and checked the eastern door finding no trap or lock upon it only a handle by which to open.

Cesair at the north door in much the same manner and with much the same skill as Ulthok too finds no traps or locks and a simuliar handle of opening.

Both Gnome and Halfling report thier findings to Drusilia who nods to Alasdair.
Following her earlier orders he first opens the door to the east to find...

An 80x160 room running north and south with numerous panes of glass in the ceiling.Each pane it can be seen is colored differently giving the room a peaceful type of glow.
Around the perameter all placed in a very orderly pattern are nine large beautiful birch trees growing out of a floor not of wood but of the earth.The floor thus covered by a thick cushion of grass appears to be very well kept,with many a bed of flowers growing natural in its midst.
But the most prominent feature of the room lies in its center for here rests a 30x30 pool, a fountain at its northern spine.Water crystal clear runs into a shallow bowl, a drinking laddle hanging from its side.A small spout in the bowl allows all access water to flow back into the pool without a drop spilled.
The fountain itself is made of white marble and fashioned into the likeness of the Goddess Freya, whose hands it seems, holds the bowl out to you.The water of the pool appears cool and clean,pearly white stones beautifully crafted to appear alike surround both the pool and lie at its bottom.Reflections of the birch trees glisten and appear to dance in the moving waters of the pool.The room appears to be undamaged in any way and no sign's of violance are to be found.
A lone door 10 feet to the south beside the door Alasdair is looking through is placed upon the west wall.

Upon Alasdairs report of such, Drusilia again gives her okay to open the northern door so he does so finding inside.....

A 50x160 room again running north and south and what can easily be seen is a mess area.
Two long tables benches beside them are in its center.Numerous smaller tables line both walls each haveing two or three chairs near.The area appears undisturbed and again no signs of violance can there be seen.
No other doors be there here.

Once again the Cavalier reports this to group leader who ponders her choices if they shall enter one or the other or none at all......

OOC:okay I hope I have laid out the rooms as to not be too confusing if there are any questions post them in the Players Wanted thread.
Everyone have a good weekend HAPPY HALLOWEEN


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 22:00:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


19

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Curiosity
Posted on 10/29/2004 at 1:25:51 PM (CST)

Upon hearing Drusilia annouce his own well guarded secret, Alasdair's mental defenses went up. Warily watching to see the reaction from his new comrades, for psionicist were often misunderstood and feared. Relaxing a bit, "Lady Drusilia, perhaps some other time, you might enlighten me with the source of your knowledge about me. But rest assured, I can and will help your comrades with both steel and wit."

With a gentle smile and a slightly different tone, "Since ye be asking about other powers, ye should know that I have a healer's ability as well, should the need arise. But lady remember I ain't NO Paladin either," says Alasdair with a wink and a chuckle, followed by a quick glance to Conall to make sure that no offense was taken.

As the Lady Dru requested, Alasdair moved off to check the first door. Sword and dagger still in hand Alasdair quietly gazed at the door to sense what lie beyond. (OOC - Alasdair will use the Psionic Devotions - Heightened Senses, followed by Detect Life to check the rooms before opening any doors.)

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

Really?
Posted on 10/30/2004 at 1:39:07 PM (CST)

Alisdair looked poleaxed at Dru's pronouncement. Psionics! Haila was impressed and pretty darned curious. Whatever Alisdair saw in her features seemed reassuring. Had her know better he'ed have winced. He was going to be peppered with questions. What was it like, what could it do, could anyone learn it, could she learn it? Haila could be pretty relentless seaking out answers. Several of her tutors at home had taken a particulary hunted look over time. Still it was a as if something fell in place. Alisdair had mentioned he had healing hands...this explained it.

With nothing constructive ordered for her to do Haila spent time in thought. A piece of Alisdair's puzzle fell into place making her aware there were a few things bothering her. Nothing definite just a few things that gave her a vauge sense of unease or incompletion. The others had told her what Captian Tarantino had said. Looking thru the door as much as possible and seeing the statue of Freya one reason for her unease fell into place. As a cleric Cor was the obvious choice as a sounding board for her thoughts. "Cor, isn't it unusual for a Monestary of Freya to have no women? 5 years and never a women seen. No women on pilgramiges to ask the goddess of firtility's blessings or mercy. Raheirn isn't that far from here. If women were not allowed why was Althena here?"

Part of the mystery defined to her she began to worry it like Dire would a bone. A quizzicle frown on her face and lip bit. Niamedris spend his time sniffing and prowling about, puzzling out his own riddle. When was someone going to get thier priorities straight and feed the cat?

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

In the Hall
Posted on 10/30/2004 at 7:04:21 PM (CST)

Doing his job Ulthok finds no problems in the area he was sent to check and when finished moves back to his spot in the order. Watching the large armor clad knight Alasdiar move forward and open the first door at the end of the hall. There seems to be no danger and he describes a rather unique room. Trees a grass floor and a lovely pool. The room seems untouched so as the knight moves to the northern door Ulthok moves to the back and to the door to the pool room.
The pool look beautiful and he would love to gather a bottle of the water for later analysis you never know about fountains like that. He also notices the other door in the room. Not wanting to do anything without Drus knowledge he approaches.


Lady Dru would you like me to examine the door inside the room with the pool I think we should check every nook and cranny before we move from an area. I would also like to bottle some of that water in the fountain to take with us.
He waits for an answer while the other door on the north wall is now opened and again nothing. It turns out to be a mess hall with long tables and benches where people eat nothing else and no other doors noticeable. Moving back to be ready to check the other door when asked to Ulthok will make some small talk with Cesair.

Say Cesair if you dont mind me asking, how did you come to get mixed up with this little band of ours. I will tell you up front myself I came on board for all the wrong reasons, not because I believed in some grand scheme or in what the king here was doing. I was wandering while trying to study and advance my crafts but money and stuff where hard to come by. Here I have my own training ground my own laboratory more money every month than many see in many years, as well as the prestige at least in this area of being on the kings elite hit squad. So how about you?
While talking he keeps waiting for Dru to give him the go ahead to check the door in the pool room.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A place of worship
Posted on 10/31/2004 at 1:02:25 AM (CST)

Cor listened to Haila's questions about the temple of Freya. He thought for a moment and then tried to answer although his own mind was full of questions. "Perhaps the women fled or were removed due to the danger in this area. Those who came here destroyed a good portion of the area but left this spot alone. Either they feared Freya's wrath or they found what they came for before venturing here. I am glad it has not been desecrated."

Cor waited and hoped that he would be allowed to enter Freya's temple. Although he was not a cleric of Freya, Odin and Freya were close. Their clerics had always been on amiable terms and he felt it his duty to ensure that this temple remained safe.

As for the idea that a psyonisist traveled with him, he was less than happy that such a secret had been kept from the party. Mutual trust and honesty was paramount to their survival.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

yeah but...
Posted on 10/31/2004 at 4:07:14 AM (CST)

"In 5 years not one woman? An armoured unit placed here, 200 of them...no one even knows why and no trace of them so far. No there is something far stranger going on. I have a feeling no one is telling the whole story of the goings on here." She shakes her head trying to figure it all out. She's hates having to puzzle it out. There was nothing she hated more than a puzzle, except this adventuring noncense. "When we get through here I wamt to see the barracks."

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Who said no women?
Posted on 10/31/2004 at 2:45:59 PM (CST)

"How do you know there were never women here? Perhaps we should have asked those who brought us here if priestesses of Freya occupied the temple. If not this would have been a very strange site indeed. I agree that we need to check further on this." Cor smiled and added, "Of course, there are other types of women who visit outposts but the soldiers may not want to speak to you about that.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Discussion Needed
Posted on 11/1/2004 at 2:33:17 PM (CST)

While she concentrates on what both the thieves who are checking for dangers for her relay back, as well as what Alisdair was telling her about what he sees in each room upon opening the doors. Trying to keep her direction sense, as they move about she wants to keep moving deeper towards the middle of the complex, but also wants to leave no door unopened behind them. No sense in leaving any enemies behind them. So as she is deciding on their next move she is listening to the conversation about women being here or not. Knowing they need to be moving on but always aware that information can sometimes be helpful she decides to talk this one through.
Listen up group I myself am not very versed on the goddess Freya and maybe a little more information may be useful to us. Cor could you tell us as much as you know about Freya, but first I will repeat what the Captain of the pegasi troopers told me on the way here about women and then maybe Cor may be able to tells us what he knows.

QuoteMy 50 man unit of Pegasi troopers have been running supplies to the Monastery once a week for the last 5 years. There has also been a unit of 200 heavily armed Infantry posted here along with 20 priests. Why this is I do not know or why I have never seen a women here either.


So this place has not only not had women here but was obviously heavily guarded. To me this points to the fact that this monastery was being used for more than worshiping. So Cor or anyone who can give us an idea of what a normal monastery of this type would be like please do.

Dru waits for the discussion to begin.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Discussion
Posted on 11/1/2004 at 2:36:24 PM (CST)

As Ulthok waited for the Lady Drus orders she decides for some reason that now was the time for some discussion, well she is the leader. He has had many questions about this place himself but he has no knowledge of monasteries or what normal life would be like in one. The only thing that he found strange about what he had heard of this one was the presence of 200 of the kings armed infantry being based here. Not having anything to add that he feels could help the group he decides to station himself in the intersection where he can keep watch in all directions to be sure the group can have their talk in safty.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A strange temple indeed
Posted on 11/1/2004 at 3:15:24 PM (CST)

Cor heard Lady Dru's words as told her by the Captain of the Pegasus Guards. They worried him a bit. "So it appears that for many years there have been no priestesses present to tends the temple but rather 20 male preists. That is rather odd. Here is what I know of teh goddess. Remeber I am not a follower of hers so I only know common things not secrets of her faithful.

Freya is a goddess of love and fertility, and the most beautiful and propitious of the goddesses. She is the patron goddess of crops and birth, the symbol of sensuality and was called upon in matters of love. She loves music, spring and flowers, and is particularly fond of the elves (fairies). Freya is one of the foremost goddesses of the Vanir.

She is the daughter of the god Njord, and the sister of Freyr. Later she married the mysterious god Od (probably another form of Odin), who disappeared. When she mourned for her lost husband, her tears changed into gold.

Her attributes are the precious necklace of the Brisings, which she obtained by sleeping with four dwarfs, a cloak (or skin) of bird feathers, which allows its wearer to change into a falcon, and a chariot pulled by two cats. She owns Hildesvini ("battle boar") which is actually her human lover Ottar in disguise. Her chambermaid is Fulla. Freya lives in the beautiful palace Folkvang ("field of folk"), a place where love songs are always played, and her hall is Sessrumnir. She divides the slain warriors with Odin: one half goes to her palace, while the other half goes to Valhalla. Women also go to her hall.

There are priests of Freya but the majority of her devoted are females. Perhaps the area was too dangerous for them, as the 200 infantry soldiers would suggest. I would not suggest any action that would anger Freya like theft or destruction of anything in the temple. Perhaps it is best to simply note its existance as a safe haven if needed later.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

this may be odd
Posted on 11/1/2004 at 3:38:27 PM (CST)

Haila was unsatisfied with this there seemed to be more questions upon questions. "Why would a temple to Freya have statues of the old gods in front of it? Forget the barracks I think the priests' cells should be more enlightning right now."

Haila once again removed an onyx statue from her pack and unwarps it from the tunic. Speaking to it softly it appears that a large mastiff leaps from her very palms. If some of the rubble was still smoldering perhaps the dog's sence of smell would be a small help. Niamedris yowled happily but resumed his pacing in fornt and behind.

OCC : there are a few more things that are bugging her but am late for work (with a case of post being-left-alone-with-a-bowl-of-halloween-candy-remorse) maybe tonight or tomorrow sorry

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Cells?
Posted on 11/1/2004 at 6:27:21 PM (CST)

"Were the priests kept here against their will? That would make me angry indeed. Perhaps male priests were here to avoid 'interactions' between soldiers and priestesses.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

It makes no sense.....
Posted on 11/2/2004 at 1:00:10 AM (CST)

Af'til stood quietly and took all of the information in. Why have there been no women there? Then he realized that their eyes could be decieving them. "Before we dwell on this anymore maybe we should have someone cast dispel magic. It could be an illusion. It probably isnt, and if it is we already walked into the trap, but nevertheless, we should check." With that, Af'til stood pondering the possible meanings (which he could find none of.)

Orion will stand and wait for the party to move on or for them to ask of his assistance. (If the dm decides that he has any helpful info then he will share it with the group).

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

We must move on
Posted on 11/2/2004 at 2:11:48 AM (CST)

Cor realized teh group was simply standing in the middle of a potentially hostile area, talking. "Perhaps we should move along and search further. It is not really safe to remain here. If Odin wishes, he will reveal the answers we seek. I suggest you name a direction Dru so we can continue our search."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Door check done.....
Posted on 11/2/2004 at 4:05:23 AM (CST)

Cesair was brought out of his musings by the need for a door checkin'. The gnome scurried from his position to the door in question and began his inspections. After a moment or two he was finished and had found no traps.

"This 'ere door is clear." He pronounced as he reclaimed his position at the rear next to the halfling. He turned to look at Ulthok and answered his question, "Nay, nothing so grand as that, I be 'ere as a favor to a friend, well, more like a debt really."

He then reaches out to give on of the halfling's shoulders a friendly squeeze, "When we are done with this place, I would like ta see this laboratory of yours."

Then a sideways glance, "Yah know, being back as we are, chances is that the big fellas will kill everything way before we get a swing at em."


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 22:06:13.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A Dilemma of Thoughts

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Dilemma of Thoughts
Posted on 11/2/2004 at 5:30:28 AM (CST)

The followship of 9 had come to a Dilemma of thoughts, not understanding the nature of the Monastery and the monks who had once resided here, but now gone.
Why were there no women in a place dedicated to the Goddees of love and leader of the Valkyries.?
Why were there 200 skilled men at arms stationed at a lowly Monastery.?And what had happened to them all.
Many more questions lurked in the back of minds but no answers were there, it seemed to be had.
Only time ,found clues, or a King could tell them its tale. But first a lady was to be found, and a King's wish to be made to come true.

(OOC:Well not much to post tonight you guys are still standing at the split deciding which way to go and pondering the mystery of the Monastery itself...Will hopefully post more on Thursday but that is up to you all,Give me something to work with like a direction,searching room,checking door etc..


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 22:08:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


20

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

idle
Posted on 11/2/2004 at 5:30:16 PM (CST)

Conall has slipped into a daze. Taking in all that was being said until Cors words fell upon his ears. These are all good questions. I think the answers cannot be found in speech or council. I think the answers we seek are to be found and standing in such a place is not good. Standing will only lead to others finding us and not us find answers. If it is true that the king has sent men here to guard a very sacred treasure, the girl, then I can live with that, but if the men were sent here to fortify these lands and this place of worship was used as a strong hold then the king and I will have words and they will not be very good ones.

Mind and thoughts are becoming black, no evil is here but evil has been done. The voice that was once light hearted and good mannered is once more being caught up in bewilderment and ignorance. I am not one of Wit or Intellect. Odin grant me the strength to keep my mind shackled. Conalls eyes shifted and scanned the party. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the hilt of his sword. Conall, do not let this lull get the best of you. 200 armed guard, and the king sent us. Who in this small group pissed the king off in such a manner it would behoove him to send us all to our death? I do not know, but this plan of his will fail and we will all get out of this alive. I will fight my way back to his throne room and take his head if the answer does not please me NO, stay on task Conall. Your mind is wandering again and that always seems to get you into trouble.

Conall shakes off his thoughts and tries to stay on task.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

No Answers Here
Posted on 11/3/2004 at 12:39:05 PM (CST)

What Cor could tell them of Freya did nothing to help but only add more questions. She realizes that she is causing them to waste time and this discussion is not going to help them find the girl they have been sent to rescue. Wanting to make sure they left no place unchecked she finally called upon Ulthok and Cesair.

Alright my two little thieves lets get back to work I would like you Ulthok to check the one door found in the room with the fountain while Cesair checks around the fountain itself. Cor I would like you to go with Cesair and just see if you can determine anything about the fountain and the water that flows within it. Alasdair and Hawk stick with Ulthok and when he clears the door go ahead and check behind it.
Myself and Halia will also accompany those into that room, and I would like Conall and AfTill to stand guard for the moment at the intersection making sure we are not approached. Lets go.


As she moves over to walk into the room with Halia
Seeing all the clean clear water makes me think of your comment earlier about a bath, I know how you feel that has always been one of the drawbacks of adventuring not being able to care for my hair as much as I would like.


Once in the room they will stand between the fountain and the door where Ulthok is working. Once he is done and all clear she will have Hawk open the door for them.
Once this is done it will depend on what wonders the room holds for them and if Cesair and Cor come up with anything. One other thing she will do while in this room is as an elf she will make a stroll around the perimeter of the room watching for any concealed or secret doors.

If there is nothing of interest to keep them in this room or the one they just opened she will tell Ulthok he may bottle some water if he would like and then move all back out into the hall and start working the other corridor. In the same fashion as before she sends Ulthok to the door 90 ft down the hall and Cesair to the closest door once checked and safe Alasdair will open them in order Cesairs first then Ulthoks.. As this is done Drusilia wonders if maybe they are wasting their time searching in the temple itself this area here so far does not even seem to have been touched like the battle never made it this far.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Becomming Routine
Posted on 11/3/2004 at 12:44:15 PM (CST)

First thing Ulthok does is respond to Cesair and the question he had asked Cesair.

So you are here in order to pay a debt to an old friend. Well matters not to me why you are here I am glad to make your acquaintance. Once we are finished here and head back to the castle I will be more than happy to show you where I work.

He stands in the intersection keeping watch while Cor tells the group what he knows about Freya. With this discussion not helping them at all Drusilia finally asks him to enter the other room and check the door. Responding at once to their leaders commands he does his usual nice work and checks the door and surrounding area for any dangers. If all is clear he will step back and allow Hawk to open the door this time. If he finds any problems he will then use his skills to disarm or negate any problems he encounters. Then he will let Hawk open the door. Then he will wait patiently while Cesair and Cor check all around the fountain, while Drusilia checks for hidden doors and such. Once Drusilia gives him the ok to get some water he will take one of the empty vials he always carries in his pouch and fills it with some of the water from the fountain.

If nothing else of interest happens in this room according to what the others find in their doings, he will follow the Lady Dru back into the hall and down to the other end. Here he is asked once again to check a door. This one is down the hall that runs west and he is asked to check the door 90 feet down the hall and on the south wall. Once again using his skills to the best of his ability he checks the door and all around that area. If all is clear he will step back to his spot and wait if he finds anything he will attempt to disarm or disengage whatever he finds.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Seeking
Posted on 11/3/2004 at 3:40:11 PM (CST)

Upon hearing Lady Drusilia's request, Alsdair moves toward the first door indicated. Patiently waiting for the all-clear from Ulthok. He wonders about this mission and the reasons for not having seen the inhabitants of the monastry or the 200 armed guards.

Looking about, he then shifts his gaze to Ulthok and Hawk. "Ulthok does the door seem trapped or do you sense anything amiss? Is there anything that I can help with, besides slicing the possible foe behind the door?," says Alasdair with a chuckle. Sensing the growing tension from standing still too long in one place, he hopes his lighter tone will help break the dark mood and spur others to action as well.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Water and Door
Posted on 11/3/2004 at 4:29:46 PM (CST)

"Cor beware what the water may hold. Evil was here and not all danger is evil. There is no door between you and the water."

Conall watched as the rest of the party enters the room. "Aftil, if you could keep watch in the room. With your knowledge of magic and such things you can sense if anything is going wrong before I." Conall stands at the ready facing the hallway.

'Now if the side room holds bath towels and such I may use this to wash the wererat vile from myself. One can hope'

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

(I think not - and that is sad)
Posted on 11/3/2004 at 9:34:47 PM (CST)

Haila was kinda sorry she opened her mouth. Well at least 9 heads wondering may find the answer to questions that much faster. She filed away any more questions to the back of her mind mulling them over herself until she could share them with the party. She smiled, it seemed her companions can't walk and talk at the same time. Af'til and Conall were to wait in the hall, Haila heard Conall's wish for a bath expressed under his breath as she passed. Smiling in a way that should have had his "detect evil" senses going haywire she offered helpfully, " I have a spare wineskin and a towel in my pack if you want." The mage trailed after the druid knowing that she had scored a point. To everyones surprise the familiar tayed out in the hall with the guards. Dire however obidently trailed on Haila's heels with much snuffling noises. She looks at the elf maiden beside her in surprise. "Hair? I don't worry about that much I travel with a cat tucked under my arm. I have to worry about a coating of fur." Haila walks over to the main pool.

The water clear she can see to the bottom. Stepping back she looks at the rocks they were identical. It seemed a waste of time and man power just for rocks. Stepping back slightly she looked for any sign of pattern or any rock a little different from the others. Without turning her head she called out "DIRE!" The dog paused in the act of lifting a leg next to a bitch tree and an almost human look of embarassment flitted across his features. He immediately went back to sniffing for scents on the packed earth.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Check the temple
Posted on 11/4/2004 at 1:02:50 AM (CST)

Cor heard Dru's words that allowed him to enter the temple. He wandered a bit looking at the trees and grass. All seemed in order. Then he made his way to the fountain. The clear water cascaded over the sides and made a pleasant sound. 'Only one sure way to check so here goes nothing.' he thought to himself. Cor grabbed teh ladle and filled it, then raised it to his lips and drank deeply.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

On call......
Posted on 11/4/2004 at 3:41:56 AM (CST)

Once again, the lady Dru called Ulthok's and Cesair's names (this time calling them her little thieves, this the gnome stores away in his mind for later mulling over, no time at the moment for pondering the implications of her inflection)and once again the diminuative duo responded with dilligence. As the halfling went to check on the door, Cesair began an inspection of the fountain and it's immediant surroundings, if he finds nothing then he will, after reporting such, begin to help Dru check for secret doors, if he finds something he will use his skills to attempt to disarm any traps.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Guard duty?
Posted on 11/4/2004 at 7:49:12 PM (CST)

Upon hearing Druisla's orders, Af'til stood where he was by Connal. He knew his that their guard was unnesseccary because all of the possible entrances were being checked. But he just put his faith in the leader. After all, this was a very large group, so someone had to have the overwhelming task of supervising! If anyone ran into any trouble while following orders, he knew that he and Connal would be the first to respond. While the others went about their tasks, Af'til jokingly said to Connal: "So this is what the elites do? The very best of the best?" There was a grin on the elves face. " I hope we get some direction soon because if we dont accomplish what the king sent us to do, i am afraid people may not see us as being so 'elite",
In his boredom Af'til successfully resisted the urge to begin playing his harp again....


Posted on 2006-09-16 at 22:11:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A Room to be Entered


Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Room to be Entered
Posted on 11/5/2004 at 7:08:03 AM (CST)

Drusilia leader of the 9 gave her orders.She knew that to take up more time with questions without answers was pointless...


Moving into the fountain room Ulthok moved to the west facing door and once again proceeded to carefully check for traps or locks, as the doors before this one none were there to find.Turning to Hawk he gives the all clear and moves aside...


Alasdair continuously using his psionic power of Heightened Sense's and Detect Life had not to this point found anything alive other the the party and nothing seemed out of place.
Yet something nagged at him, but no form could he give to it at this time...


Cesair clearly cautious did a quick but very through scan of the area around the fountain. He found nothing out of place, he was closely followed by Cor...


Drusilia followed closly by Haila also entered the room of the fountain.The both of them began a visual scan of its interior nothing they could see seemed out of place to them both...

Hawk having gotten the all clear from Ulthok moved past him and opened the door...


Behind the door to Hawk's sight was found an 80x50 room clearly a bath area, a large 30x40 pool of heated water, small strips of steam rising slowly from its surface curled into the air.
A 5 foot wide ledge could he see running the length of the pool just below its surface, its make of soft wood as to allow seating in comfort.
On the wall a numerous variety of towels were hung waiting for use, undisturbed they all seemed.
Down 10 feet on the same wall as the door Hawk looked through he saw a another door facing east looking the same as the many before.
Hawk for a moment was tempted to enter but did not as yet awaiting Drusilia's orders.Calling to the party he notified them of his findings.....


All it seemed was peaceful, the fountain room seemed to have a relaxing effect on all.It was very clear that nothing hostile had as such happened here.Minds full of worry and stress found themseves calm and rested....


Then Cor without any warning took ladle to hand drinking from the waters of the fountain......
only to find himself healed of all remaining wounds and his many scar's gone as if never there.
To the party too he seemed to look younger without said scar's and sign's of old age,it was as if he looked many years younger while still the same age as before.

The fountain the same as it had been before awaited the next to drink.......

(OOC:okay good posts this round did not go deeper into Monastery as to give everyone a choice of going through this new door into the bath area, and check the door inside it, or to check out the doors to the west. As Dru said you all might do.
Mottle you are fully healed and look about 50 years younger but your still the same age.Any and all scar's you had are gone.
okay will post on Monday again have a good weekend everyone.


Posted on 2006-09-18 at 15:17:51.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


21

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Elite or Pageboy?
Posted on 11/5/2004 at 6:37:53 PM (CST)

Conall stands at the ready, not realizing at this time that something strange was going on in the room and relying on Aftil for any heads up warning. Are the elite? Conall replied with the same type of grin. I mean WE are the elite. and let none say other wise. The question is, were we sent here as common pageboys to retrieve a package or were we sent here to be out of the way. The king was not him self and that fact still make me wonder. But those words might get my head booked on a vacation my body cannot make. So I will say, we are the elite and not just pageboys pushed out of the way. Now please do tell what is taking our friends so long in there?

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

wow!
Posted on 11/7/2004 at 3:48:30 PM (CST)

Haila stared in amazement. About to shake the dwarf by his beard again for his foolishness nut as he turned around Haila noticed something that made her jaw drop. Cor's scars had all faded and as impossible as it seemed he looked younger.

The marks of time and enviroment had faded. His hair and beard seemed softer and fuller. Still that had been reckless and foolish. A thought brought Niamedris skulking in like a thief in the shadows. As Cor was taking toll of the water's effects Niamedris sank his claws into the dwarf's calf. Not hard but enough for a yelp in surpise. A hasty retreat to the waters edge out of reach of arm or foot was the cat's reply. Haila looked at the dwarf with a tilt of her head and a look in her eyes that remined the dwarf she had warned him. To Dru standing next to her she said "This explains part of the mystery. No doubt the infantry was here to protect this very fountain. There are probably a lot of people who would like to posess the fountain of youth. But obviously whoever attacked either didn't know about this or didn't care. They may have not searched the Monestary thuroughly, there may be survivors. As much as I would love a bath," the young mage through a dubious look at the pool (her calculations idicated she would walk out looking 12!), "I think if we can press on quickly we have hope for finding survivors."

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Ahhh... Too much at once.....
Posted on 11/7/2004 at 7:56:00 PM (CST)

He responded to Connal's remark "Perhaps the king is just getting us out of the way, or maybe he has not completely informed us of the situation .. I have no idea why he would do such a thing, but I believe we can handle it. Your brush with death should have been a fluke. I doubt it will happen again." Then Af'til learned that 2 discoveries were made at once. Something wonderous was found about the fountain by Cor and Haila while Hawk had discovered a Bathing room of some sort. "Well the bathing room is probably not too significant" Af'til thought. "But it sounds like whatever they discovered at the fountain could be interesting." With that Af'til waited for further developements.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Good water
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 12:14:36 AM (CST)

Cor swallowed the cool water in one gulp. He was happy that his insides didn't revolt. Then as he saw the faces of his companions, he began to worry. The shock on their faces was evident and he slowly turned to look at his reflection in the fountain's pool. Part of him expected a third eye or perhaps horns. "Please don't let it have messed my beard' he thought to himself. For a moment he didn't recognise the face that stared back at him. Then it sank in, it was him but minus the scars and without the last few years wear and tear. "Well, I didn't think it was possible but I just might be more handsome than I was a few moments ago." He winked at Haila as he said that. Then he felt those sharp "kitty" claws in his leg again. "Now I'll need another drink to get rid of that." he laughed. "Care for a swim Kitty?" Seeing the cat beating a hasty retreat he took it as a negative reply.

Cor called to Cru, "Lady Dru, I believe this fountain is quite useful. Perhaps all those who are injured and any who wish to refresh their appearance should take a drink. However, I wouldn't recommend taking it from here as it could anger Freya and render the water useless."

He then moved close to Haila, "It's nice to know you worry about me so. Remember, I am a dwarf and have a cast-iron stomach. It will take a strong poison to do me in. You know that sooner or later someone in the party would have tried eeh water. I thought it best that I do it. Besides, there was no indication of anything amiss in the temple and so no reason to believe that anything was other than it should be. Freya would never have anything but a beneficial fountain in her temple. Had this been a temple to an evil god, I would have been more reluctant to taste the water. Now, please try to keep your pussy cat under control. I'd hate to have to shave it to teach it a lesson. And that dog, Freya will not be pleased that he tried to 'fertilize' the trees.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

water, water everywhere
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 3:06:33 PM (CST)

When Ulthok sees what has happened to Cor after drinking the water from the fountain his mind goes into overdrive as he decides what he is going to do next. Taking the wine skin that he carries he opens it up and drinking a little he discards the rest. Not caring what the others might think about him or what he is doing he will go over to the ladle and dipping it into the water pull it back out full, and then proceed to fill his now empty wine skin with the water. He will do this till it is full. Then returning it to his pack with the one small vial he had already filled. Walking back across the grass to where Hawk was peering through the door into what was a bathing room along with another door 10ft from the one he was looking through and on the east wall. This place is starting to look like a maze he thinks to himself.

Well a nice bath with steaming water we could all take a break and do some skinny dipping maybe the bath has the same water the fountain has in it. We could all come out looking like babies.
Then more or less thinking out loud he ponders

I wonder what they are using to keep the water hot like that?
Looking around and seeing everyone kind of doing nothing again he speaks up.

Lady Dru what should we do next this part of the monastary seems to be untouched by the violance but that doesnt mean some couldnt be in hiding here somewhere.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Baby Face...
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 3:06:39 PM (CST)

Conall could hear some commotion going on and a quick glance Aftils way and the expression on his face made need to look into the room apparent. He saw Cor and the kitty playing games again and he was about to call out when he spied the face of Cor. With a slight grin of amazement, With a face as young and as smooth as a baby arss, some may call you father. Conall then turned and quickly stepped further into the hallway.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

More of the same
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 3:09:38 PM (CST)

Cor takes the ladle from the fountain and takes a scoop and drinks it before Dru can say a word, seeing that the outcome was not a bad one she tones down her scolding some but still,

COR! That might not of been the best thing to do we had no way of knowing what that water was all about, But wow what a change. Water like that could be a girls best friend.
Dropping the friendly chatter when she sees Ulthok scooping and filling things with the water,

Excuse me Ulthok what are you doing do you think it is alright to take all you want?
While waiting for an answer she
moves over to where Hawk is examining the bath area. This room also looks untouched but then again here stands another door. She is starting to feel like she is on a goose chase right now. Its been door after door.


Ok group this seems to me to be getting monotonous so lets do this quick. Cesair check the door Alasdair would you get it open for us, while they are doing that I want Ulthok and Hawk to circle the pool Ulthok make sure there are no traps so Hawk can search for secret or concealed doors. Halia would you go tell Aftil and Conall to come on down here to meet us while we finish this room. Ok lets go.
While everyone is doing as she asked she quickly moves over to where Cor is to speak with him.

Cor I would like to ask for you advice here you are a seasoned warrior and have seen much. I feel like we are getting nowhere right now these areas we search look to be untouched by the violence that happened here. I know we are not trying to solve the riddle of what happened here all we are to do is find this lady and bring her back to the king, but do you think we are proceeding in the right way, or should we be looking elsewhere. Like what was that big gough we saw in the ground when we flew in. Anyways any advice?
Now she waits to here from each as they finish their assigned tasks.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

bath? in that?not me!
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 3:35:19 PM (CST)

While Haila had more thana few scars she wanted faded (not to mention a tattoo) the idea bathing in or near that water didn't thrill her. She went to scoop up Niamedris and in passing mentioned to the dwarf. "I told you I could get him to do that whenever I wanted. Now smart'en up and act your age!"

Straightening she said yo the others "I don't think there is anyone in here. Dire and Niamedris would be able to smell something. Dru, I'ed like to look about the meal hall. There's no one in there either and I may find something I'll yell if we run into trouble."

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

bath? in that?not me!
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 3:35:37 PM (CST)

While Haila had more thana few scars she wanted faded (not to mention a tattoo) the idea bathing in or near that water didn't thrill her. She went to scoop up Niamedris and in passing mentioned to the dwarf. "I told you I could get him to do that whenever I wanted. Now smart'en up and act your age!"

Straightening she said yo the others "I don't think there is anyone in here. Dire and Niamedris would be able to smell something. Dru, I'ed like to look about the meal hall. There's no one in there either and I may find something I'll yell if we run into trouble."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

HELLO.....yes mam....
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 4:09:54 PM (CST)

Cesair had finished his inspection of the fountain, and then the dwarf Cor dipped a laddle into the fountain's water and took a drink. Personally the gnome thought that it was a little rash to do such a thing, for all they knew the fleeing members of the monastery might have poisoned it for the intruders. But instantly, and before Cesair could say anything about the impetuous behavior, the rest of the dwarf's wounds were healed and he appeared to get more than a few years younger.

The gnome raised an eyebrow at that, and then with one hand thoughtfully rubbing his bearded chin, leaned over the fountain and peered at the waters contained therein. As Ulthok began to fill containers with the clear liquid Cesair spoke....

"It is a good ideal ta study some o' the water lad, but it may na work outside o' this 'ere room, and it may na work for one who is na as holy as our war cleric 'ere. For some one else, 'ell, it might turn them in to a toad for all we know, so 'ave a care friend." Cesair was pondering the fountain's mystery when the lady Dru once again gave him instructions.

With another mock salute (not intended to insult, rathera jest for he is not even slightly of military set) he snaps to and scurries off to the door he is instructed to check. Once there he begins his task at hand. Once done, he will report what he finds or does not find, and add, since he overheard Dru's question to Cor...

"Yah know lass, it is intirely possible tha' this 'ere place was evacuated just before it was attacked. There could be clues outside tha' would tell us ifn that was the case. Then again, there could also be survivors hidden behind secret doors inside. Yah may want to split us up."

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Conversations with Dru
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 6:18:05 PM (CST)

Cor knew that Dru was less than pleased at his action and expected a much harsher lashing than he got. Still, he knew someone had to test the water and as the only dwarf he felt it his duty to do so as dwarves are notoriously hard to poison; unlike paladins and cavaliers. He listened as Dru asked his advice on teh search and then answered. "I fear that other than minor baubles and petty treasure there is little of use left in this building. We must find the lass and with the lack of any inhabitants so far, it is unlikely she is still here. Perhaps it is time to abandon this building and see what else lies on these grounds. Perhaps our trackers could find a clue outside. But that is just my opinion and I will follow whatever you deceide.

Cor then made his way to Ulthok. "My friend, if you want to drink from the fountain here and now that is fine. However, I ask that you pour out that water you are intending to take from this place. It is never a good idea to tempt any god. I fear the water from this fountain is like a flower; beautiful and vibrant until picked. Then it quickly decays and become nothing but an ugly reminder of what was once beautiful."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Word of warning.
Posted on 11/8/2004 at 7:11:17 PM (CST)

Hearing all that was said about checking the dinning hall and looking out side and splitting up the group Conall put up a hand to hold up the young Haila. Hear me before you go wandering off little one. Conall knew his words may have offended but this was a stern warning and had to be said as such. Goblin, Trolls, and such only work together under strong leadership. I dare say that goblins and or trolls may still walk these halls but are currently gathered in one room fighting over what spoils they think is of value. Such things that are found in this room are of no value to goblins and the like so this place is left alone for a while. I think they will return just to destroy such things when their leadership is away and they are left to play. I do not wish to step on toes but this place may only appear to be void of the greater enemy and their carrion scavengers are left behind to clean up.


Posted on 2006-09-18 at 15:21:58.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Water Falls upon Ye

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Water Falls Upon Ye
Posted on 11/9/2004 at 3:34:17 AM (CST)

As the party recovered from its shock at watching Cor brazenly drink from the fountain, then become younger in looks if not age and whole once more.Some were amused, some were not, and others saw not a thing...

The Lady Dru again wasted no time giving out her orders....

So it was as Cesair followed again by Alasdair moved past Hawk, who had stepped into the bath area as to avoid being in thier way, were suddenly and without warning ATTACKED.!!

A large mass of moving water exploded violently from the bath, Engulfing Hawk and striking him to the ground unconscious blood flowing from his ears and mouth.

Without a sound of warning the party was again under attack, with one member already down and two in harms way......

(OOC:Okay ladies and gents Rd one starts now.
Alasdair you and Cesair are they only ones who can attack this round as it will take 1 round for the rest of the party to get by Hawks body and into the room.
As I had no player for Hawk this combat I gave him enough damage to knock him out he will not awaken untill after combat so worry about healing him after such, as I hope to have a new player by thursday.Will post then as normal)


Posted on 2006-09-18 at 15:23:20.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


22

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Damn Water Weirds
Posted on 11/9/2004 at 1:53:47 PM (CST)

Cor was busy listening to Dru give her orders when he heard a groan of pain from Hawk's direction in the bath area. He turned and saw a mountain of water attacking his companions. With the way to the bath partly blocked by Hawk's body and with so many people trying to get into striking range, Cor knew he needn't bother trying to charge. Instead he grasped his hammer and let it fly at the watery beast. Maybe that is why Kitty hates the water so much! he yelled as his hammer left his hands and spun its way towards the target. "I believe it to be a water weird. They hit well but are rather limited in range. Haven't seen one in a long time."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Watery Foe
Posted on 11/9/2004 at 9:51:18 PM (CST)

Upon hearing Lady Dru's request, Alasdair moved to comply. He was startled to see the watery foes rise up from within the bath. Seeing Hawk, dashed to the floor, Alasdair charged forward to put himself between beast and his fallen comrade, shouting, "get Hawk out of here, tis barely enough room to fight as it is without him sleeping on the job."

Alasdair slashes with his sword and dagger at the foes before him, trying to judge the effectiveness of his blades on the creature before him. "Hmm, did someone mention a fireball earlier?" and let out a hearty laugh as he continues to stand in harm's way, whilst others hopefully drag their fallen comrade to the relative safety of the other room or hallway.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Back away!!
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 3:03:16 AM (CST)

Cor suddenly remembered seeing these things before and it all came back to him. "Get away from it, it can't follow you. Swords are worthless and hammers and maces only give it pause then it reforms. We have not the spell required to kill it. I love a battle more than any other here but this battle we cannot win! There was little doubt in the tone of his voice that this was more than an opionion but rather a fact. He looked to Dru for support and hoped the others would listen.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Sleeping on the job...
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 2:59:08 PM (CST)

"I have never heard you to be one to back away from a fight Cor. But if I remember, you are correct blades have no effect on this water worm. We may not have a spell to use on such a thing but we can kill it. Cor, with all that water from you wine skin you have been drinking, trying relieving yourself in the water. You might just poison it back to its home."

Conall then sheathed his sword and grabbed the sleeping Hawk by the scruff of the collar pulling him out of harms way.

Even to freeze such a thing would only slow it down and not kill it. If we must get past for some reason we must cage this thing for at the present time we can neither kill it or let it go unabated in the event we must past."

If and when Conall gets Hawks body pulled clear, Alasdair, your footing is clear of the sleeping Hawk.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Live to fight another day
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 3:18:39 PM (CST)

"Travel with me longer and you will see me back away many times. Wisdom is an integral part of valor. One must fight with mind as well as muscle. Know your adversary and know when you cannot win. I cannot advance the ideals of the church if I am slumbering peacefully under a blanket of cool earth. If we must travel thru this room, let us return tomorrow when I am armed with the proper spell. Then it will be an easy task. Remember, there are old war clerics and bold war clerics; there are very few old and bold war clerics."

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

ok so i are a little lateish
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 6:11:54 PM (CST)

Haila stood stock still. Conall's words were so much like an adult admonishing a child Haila wondered if she had been the one to drink the water. A quick peak under her armour was reasuring she was still the age she was meant to be. Dropping and indignant Niamedris to the floor she placed her hands on her hips, always a danger sign, opened her mouth and saw the paladin was looking beyond her. Knowing that look she turned to the side before she got trappled. The look on her face promised grave retribution.

Haila ran after the paladin to the bath area. As she past through the fountain area she heard the desription of thier foe...a water weird. A spell on her lips she drew out a small piece of rock crystal. She waited for Conall to draw the unconcious Ranger past the door then danced her way in. Haila wasn't the brave sort by any means, she gave thanks that the sound of rushing water covered her knocking knees but somethings just needed to be done. She pulled both Alisdair and Ceasair's arms more to get thier attention than to actually drag them behind her. As they past her the mage flung her spell in defiance of the dwarf's thought she couldn't handle this and at Conall's thought she was too little. Please.
(OCC Haila is going to cast Wall of Ice.)

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Paladin Evac. Brought to by the Glendower House
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 7:15:07 PM (CST)

Conall looking up at Cor, I called it, impetuous little minx. Still pulling Hawk out of the way, "My words were late but my actions are clear. You pull the next sleeping giant from the mouth of death. Giving a grin to all still out of the room This is fun! Armor do not rust on me now. Knowing the latter of the two was an impossibility, because his armor has been touched by the arcane.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Wisdom the better part of valor
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 9:18:52 PM (CST)

Upon hearing the words of his companions and seeing that the unconsious Hawk was being taken to safety, Alasdair did indeed fall back. Having seen the "effect" or more accurately, the "infectiveness" of his blades upon the creature, he knew that muscle and steel would not win this battle.

Nodding to Lady Haila, "Did you mean to freeze the beastie or just to block its path? For I also, do not think the creature can venture forth from the bath. Such a shame to see the prospects of a bath spoiled."

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A most ingenious approach
Posted on 11/10/2004 at 11:16:11 PM (CST)

Cor watch Haila move into the room and cast her spell. He could tell from her look that his words had not pleased her. Then he saw the wall of ice form. "Very nice Haila. That should indeed keep the beast from attacking Conall or Alasdair as they fall back." There was sincerity in his voice. "I mean no disrespect but there are are few wizard spells that even effect these beasts and a simple 1st level cleric or druid spell will destroy it. However, your spell was both thoughtful and useful."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Ice *itch
Posted on 11/11/2004 at 2:14:17 AM (CST)

With a chuckle Alasdair muttered under his breath, "at least nobody claimed she was an Ice Witch." With a grin and a laugh, Alasdair turns and begins searching their immediate area to make sure that no more unfriendly visitors were in route. Always mindful that there should have been a clerical staff, as well as, men-at-arms stationed at the monastery.

Thinking to himself that 'surely something must have been left behind to indicate what had transpired in this place and where they may have gone.' Then aloud, "has anyone seen anything left behind that might give us a clue as to where everyone went? Deserted places are not uncommon, but tis a bad omen when a House of a Goddess is left empty and unattended."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

What the?????
Posted on 11/11/2004 at 3:43:04 AM (CST)

Just as Cesair and the armored behemoth that was Alastair began to exit the room, a large sentient being composed of water gushed forth from the fountain and attacked hawk with devastating effect.

"LOOK OUT BOYO'!" shouted Cesair, but alas his warning came a split second too late. Cesair's magical short sword came to his right hand in a blink of an eye, almost of it's own volition. Cesair grimaced as he realized that once again he was facing a creature for which he was ill prepared. His mind raced for a spell in his memory that might have some effect on this creature, the first and only one that came to mind was magic missle.

He was about to cast the spell, his free left hand had reached outward in preperation to cast when the lovely human wizard grabbed his attention with a tug on his arm. Others had already moved Hawk out of harm's way and Halia was begining to cast a spell she believed would work to stop the creature. Cesair found himself trusting her and quickly drew back as she cast her spell, saving his own for later use.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Now What
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 1:07:23 AM (CST)

With both Cesair and Cor telling him that removing water from the fountain for anything other that immediate consumption was not going to be a good idea Ulthok pours the water from his wine skin back into the fountain. Then hearing Dru call upon them all to get back to work he starts to make his way over to the bath area when the party is again attacked without warning. This time a water creature hiding in the bath rises up and smashes Hawk to the ground. This happens very fast but this group seems ready for anything. Without blinking an eye a couple tend to pulling Hawk out of danger while another cast a ice wall spell blocking off the doorway. So it looks like everyone is safe now. Waiting just a moment for things to settle down Ulthock ventures forth a question.

Can anyone tell me why this temple seems to be full of such strange things. The wererats and vapor rats I can see coming to take advantage after a battle, but the seven statues we first meet why would a temple to Freya have statues to seven ancient gods and now this water weird thing why would it be in the bath tub of the temple? This place is just weird.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

More Water
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 1:09:41 AM (CST)

As everyone starts to move to follow her directions Hawk who had moved to let them into the room was suddenly attacked by a water creature from the hot tub. Moving rapidly Hawk was pulled to safety and the entrance was quickly sealed off with an ice wall spell. As everyone fell back into the room with the fountain it was becoming obvious that Dru was getting a little frustrated. Going over to the injured Hawk she asks the ones who pulled him out how bad he is, she will then use her staff of curing on him.

Well maybe we dont need to check those rooms. However before we move out and start checking the other rooms down the hall is there anyone here who posses any powers either through magic use or otherwise that can be used to give us any idea if there are any living creatures anywhere in this damn complex, or do we have to continue this room by room search?
If noone can help or has any ideas we will continue with our routine. Moving the group out into the hall they will first go to the mess hall.
Since we are looking for someone who is in hiding I feel all rooms must be checked for secret passages. I would like Cesair and Hawk (if he is up to it) to make a search of this room with Alasdiar and Conall, and AfTill to keep watch over them. Myself, Cor, Halia, and Ulthok will move down to the first door on the west side of the split and check that door. When Hawk and Cesair are finished all join us with any news.
Shes moves out to the next door.
Ulthok do your thing and check this door and once cleared Cor I would like you to open it.
She steps back and waits for her orders to be carried out.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A little Unsure
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 1:16:05 AM (CST)

At hereing the Lady Dru's orders Ulthok wonders if she may be getting a little careless because of her frustation at things going slower than she thought they should. I'm sure we would all like it if we could just find the lady and be on our way, but things don't always go so smoothly. He does as he is asked he will always follow orders but he is determined to keep himself on high aleart while the group is apart. Once he has checked his door and all is clear he stands back where he has a good view of both doors if he can.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Guardians
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 2:20:56 AM (CST)

Cor listened to the others as they tried to make sense of the temple's current state of occupation. The he offered his own thoughts. "Perhaps those who overran this place wanted to make sure it was never again used. Many still worship the old gods and so finding their statues here is not that strange. Perhaps the priests of Freya did not have enough backing from the locals to remove them. It would be little challenge for an evil wizard to animate them to servve as guards should other agents of good, such as ourselves, return here. As for the fountain and temple proper, pehaps the evil ones did not know its real value or were relectant to enter the inner sanctum of a good god for fear of retribution. That leaves the water weird; another excellent guard. I would bet that there is something of value behind it. Oh, and I would vote against splitting up if anyone cared." Cor then moved close to Dru and in a whisper added, "Seeing as 'purify water' is the spell usually required to kill a water weird and none of us has that spell memorized I have another idea that might work. Perhaps if you, a female druid, were to take water from the fountain and pour it into the hot-tub it might cause the beast considerable consternation.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Wasting a Water Weird
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 1:43:15 PM (CST)

OOC: Since I had posted before Cor's suggestion of pouring some of the fountian water into the hot pool this post should acctually come before we move out of the room.
BIC: When Cor comes over to Dru and suggests that maybe pouring some of the fountian water into the tub may destroy the water weird she likes the idea. She reallys doesn't want to leave any doors unopened or rooms unchecked.

If pouring this water into the tub will allow us passage then I am all for it. Do we have some type of open contanier we may fill then just toss in so so I don't have to get to close, or do I have to be right there and pour it in? As she waits for an answer she will rummage through her stuff to see she has anything.

Cor you used the ladle is it tied to the fountian or may we use it to toss water into the fountain?

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Water destroys Water
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 2:04:57 PM (CST)

As Cor answers some of Ulthoks questions about the temple he also suggests a way they may get the water weird out of the way to continue checking the area. Not having packed any of his new equipment before they left this time he knew he did not have any open flasks in his pack. When Dru asks Cor about the ladle in the fountain he will go over to where it hangs from the side of the bowl that the goddess holds out, and it appears to just hang and not be tied to it in any way, heck for all they know the water may only do its magic if the ladle is used.

It looks like you may use this my lady. Julet me know when you are ready and I will fill and bring the precious water to you.First we will need to remove the ice wall that now blocks the entry to the creature.
Ulthok will wait for furthur instructions.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Dru must do it
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 3:14:20 PM (CST)

Cor heards Ulthok's words and answers him. "Thanks for checking on the ladle, I never even noticed if it was attached or not. However, I believe if there is any chance for this plan to work at all, and it is indeed a slim one, that Dru must do the entire thing herself. Hopefully, Freya will be pleased seeing a female druid using her temple's fountain for good. If any other of us try to aid her Freya will likely not bestow her blessing on the plan. One ladle-full splashed into the hot-tub should be enough if it will work. Of course I am a male, war-cleric of Odin so I could be wrong." Only those behind him could see the crossed fingers Cor held behind his back. They did hear his prayer. "Father Odin, I beseech you to interceed on our behalf with Freya. We honor her and you in this task. As always, I am your hammer and you are my shield."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Conall's role in the plan...
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 7:11:10 PM (CST)

Conall seeing that there was no real use for one such as he in this plan he tries to find one, As my blades are of no real use and we have all seen what this water serpent can do I will be standing by to pull any who are struck to safety or die defending the fallen.

Conall checks his swords not that they will be of any real use and then his hand axe just incase it is needed, That at least can be turned and the blunt end used. Odin, give courage to do away with evil that dwells in this most holly place of the Goddess Freya

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Of traps and such.....
Posted on 11/12/2004 at 7:31:37 PM (CST)

When he can speak and put his own two cents worth into the conversation, Cesair adds.....

"It could very well be tha' the ones who attacked this place left these behind as traps, an it could very well be tha' the ones who lived 'ere, left these traps behind for those that were attackin'. So far we have na' found a single body within these 'ere walls. I canna say for sure which it is, but its me oppinon that these are traps left for the attackers."

When he is able, Cesair will do as he was instructed to do by Drucilla and check for any secret doors.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

Hate to poop the party
Posted on 11/13/2004 at 3:35:31 PM (CST)

"What if this is Freya's water weird. I mean honestly, something like this should be guarded. And it's not like it can follow us. Weirds tend to be pretty neutral on the whole who do I work for?, who do I kill? questions. If it was evil tall, blond and shiney here would have sensed it-he didn't-it's not the big and bad. So someone close the door and lets just move on before we accidently kill a beloved pet or soemthing."


Niamedris unseen where he was dropped by the pond suddenly felt his fur stand on end. Growling, he backed up away from the approaching storm. (No one ever really knows if cats are psychic or not, Haila if asked would lean more to the annoying-smart-ass-know-it-all side of that equation but never the less sometimes cats just know things.) He contemplated telling Haila but as there was nothing she could do to avoid it telling seemed rather pointless. Wondering if he could hook her purse with a claw he wondered if he could make a few coins betting on the outcome. Thoughts of a fish dinner did much to smooth the much rumpled fur.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Freya's weird?
Posted on 11/13/2004 at 5:28:16 PM (CST)

"Call it a hunch but I doubt that Freya's priests would have a water weird in their bath. If it is Freya's weird then the water from the fountain should cause it no harm. As you pointed out weirds are not evil but even a weird serving an evil master would not be detected by our paladin friend as the creature itself is not evil. I just don't really want to leave it here to injure or kill others, like a curious cat perhaps, (Cor eyed Kitty at this point) who might wander in here seeking shelter. And as you pointed out, weirds are often guards so what is it guarding?"

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Lets Pour
Posted on 11/14/2004 at 11:01:39 PM (CST)


I think I agree with Cor doesnt seem likely to me they would have a water weird in their own tub, and sense it is contained in that area I dont see that it would be here to protect the fountain it cant reach us in here, and if it was placed to protect something or someone farther on than we may need to get in there.

Once the area is again open and she has access to the tub walking over to the fountain Drusilia removes the ladle and fills it up with the water. Walking slowly and carefully as not to spill to much of the water for her hands are shaking slightly. She also mumbles a short prayer under her breath hoping she has made the right decision. If she gets close enough to the pool to reach out and pour the water in she does and she calls out to the goddess as she does.

"Freya if it be your will may your holy water aid those who are here to aid your followers."


Posted on 2006-09-18 at 15:27:56.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.