The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Rules Lawyer
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Men's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $15.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Just a Part of Peace

Cynil unconciously reaches out a hand and her fingers delicately touch Conall's chest above his heart.

"Peace comes from within, first. Amid all the chaos of the world, one can still find peace in oneself. It is a place inviolate."

Cynil suddenly aware of what she is doing, blushes with a delicate pink that makes her eyes glitter even more strongly. With Elven politeness she begins to lift her hand away from Conall's chest. Feeling the strong beat beneath her fingers was disconcerting and only added to her blush, which was now a more intense pink.

She had touched men before and they had touched her, but now, with Conall, there was something different. There was the sense of intimacy, of something deeply private.


Posted on 2007-04-19 at 15:45:36.
Edited on 2007-04-19 at 15:49:47 by Dragon Mistress

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


A touch of the hand

Conall felt the touch of hand and the depth of it. Her eyes seemed to be looking deep within. Her words unlocked places that did not seem real. Conall’s gaze moved to the hand of Cynil, the soft lines, the delicate fingers, but the strength is could unleash. As she pulled away Conall spoke with out thought, “On the wind, in the song of birds, on the shore of a stream that runs down from the hills to the sea,” Conall looked at Cynil, “in the eyes. That is where peace might be found. I look not within, only dark and cold places are kept there. Many wounds that stay unhealed and fester that is all that will be found within. No, I thank you but I think here is where I find peace. You are one of the earth and all things that are beautiful. You are a peace maker, I think.” Conall took Cynil’s wrist and placed her hand upon her own breast over the heart, “That is where peace dwells and I am grateful for that. Never loose that, never loose sight of it. Dream for all those of us who can not Milady Cynil.”


Posted on 2007-04-19 at 18:23:46.

Drusillia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/2
109 Posts


>.<

First Ulthok gives the turtles a piece of his mind, after they where quite rude. But then decides to enter with Rayne. Halia puts down her Niamedris to take Ulthok's weapons. Being nothing she can really do she waits patiently for the two to return. While she waits she can’t help put glare at the turtles every now an then, there is something about them that is unsettling to her....


Posted on 2007-04-19 at 20:55:43.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Always There

Cynil bowed her head to watch as Conall delicately placed her hand over her own heart.

"It will always be there for you and for others in need. And do not discount your ability to heal what is within. Time has a way of doing that."

"I doubt Odin regrets what he suffered on the Tree of Life for Knowledge and Wisdom. I believe time has healed even that."

"Now let the peace fill you," and she begins to play again


Posted on 2007-04-19 at 21:24:54.
Edited on 2007-04-19 at 22:52:31 by Dragon Mistress

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


This is healing

Conall leans back onto the grass of the small garden and once more the music fills his thoughts and he watches the lady Cynil play, “Perhaps this is healing,” he whispers softly.


Posted on 2007-04-20 at 12:53:57.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Peace

Cynil continues to play and at some point the recorder is replaced with her voice. Her songs, worded and unworded float over Conall and the the garden, creating a vale of peace around them.

With all that others had done shielding her, Cynil feels for the first time, that she is indeed a needed member of the group in that she could heal and offer peace to the others as well.


Posted on 2007-04-20 at 19:45:58.
Edited on 2007-04-21 at 05:02:44 by Dragon Mistress

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


A gift beyond compare

Conall takes his ease as the Lady Cynil sings softly.

As time passes her singing becomes a soft hum. Conall stands and extends a hand to the Lady Cynil, “Lady Cynil, you have given me a gift beyond compare. I thank you. Now if I may be so bold as to ask for your company inside for a bit of wine and perhaps a light meal. Then I must go and check in on my brethren Corvo at the temple before it grows to late.” Conall smiles, hoping she will join him.


Posted on 2007-04-23 at 16:13:53.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"I would be most pleased to accompany you," says Cycil rising gracefully in one fluid movement. "A glass of wine sounds wonderful and a bit to eat would be most appreciated."

Cycil stows her recorder in her belt pouch and smiles at the paladin. To her mind he seems more at peace, centered in a way he was not, before the garden interlude.


Posted on 2007-04-25 at 00:48:14.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Beauty and the Beast

Conall extends his left hand to the lady Cynil, palm down. Such is the way a gentleman walks a lady. “Then let us find a table, a fine bottle of wine, and some fresh fruit and vegetables,” Conall then sniffs the air, “Oh and perhaps some fresh bread if I am not mistaken.” With the gape of an ogre next to one of the fair kin, Conall escorts the Lady Cynil to the Common room.


Posted on 2007-04-25 at 12:19:18.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Fresh Bread Indeed

Cynil draws in the scent of the baking bread. "With lots of butter and honey," adds Cynil, taking Conall proffered arm and placing her palm down on his.

There was something reassuring about Conall's prescence at her side. Strength and the sense of protection and crossing from the light of day to the lantern lit common room she appreciated it more.

They made their way to a booth off to the side. Having observed the fighters of their group she was aware that they liked to sit in such a location where they could keep and eye on things.


Posted on 2007-04-25 at 18:25:42.
Edited on 2007-04-25 at 18:26:37 by Dragon Mistress

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


Sometimes all we have is each other.....

DWARVES & BABES
A fee asked for and no single ladies other then dancers allowed inside it was up to one of two males to go with Rayne into the club. Who would it be Halfling or Dwarf?

With the bouncers words spoken and he as yet blocking the door to Rayne, Ulthok having been offended by the bouncer’s reference to Rayne could no longer keep quiet.

“We understand the need for rules in a place such as this, and someone to enforce them that however in no way gives you the right to be offensive and rude. The young lady is merely interested in doing some business with the owner of this establishment”
“Yeah well ya know what there shorty, I don’t care. Ya either pay the fee or shag your puny ass home. What’s it gonna be.”
With Ulthok’s decision to accompany Rayne inside it was only a matter of letting the bouncer do his job. After a quick pat down by said bouncer, his hands at times lingering a bit too long on Rayne, and then with both Ulthok and Rayne seemingly unarmed and the 10 gold piece fee for both of them paid they were finally allowed admittance. It was here that Rayne asked upon a meeting with the owner, The Tortle, a cruel smile on his face, turned to Rayne and told her of his description and that he could be found somewhere inside. So with that said both entered into the building to find themselves once past the entrance amid a large area with almost no lights, except those centered on stages, and loud blaring music, though very well played.

Upon 3 small stages danced a Varity of females ranging from an Elf to a Human to a very well endowed Halfling. On a larger stage centered against the back wall of the club a loud voice was introducing a new dancer, and as Rayne and Ulthok watched a clean shaven very attractive dwarf female emerged and began to dance to a fast paced song singing the merits of dancers like her.

To her right both could see three females, though dressed in more clothing then the dancers; still showing a lot of cleavage all the same.
They all appeared to be waiting with trays for a large Tortle behind the bar to pass them mugs of ale or beer and glasses of wine or harder sprites.

With few minutes to allow for their eyes to adjust to the dim lighting the Halfling and Elf scanned the room before them and realized that for the most part Rayne was the only non dancer in the place. With both scanning the crowd and bar area neither of them for the moment did see the owner. The next move was once again up to each

As Rayne and Ulthok entered the building, Haila and Magma at the urging, quite strongly, of the Tortles before them moved to the side of the stairs to await the two’s return. Their mission for the moment protection of Ulthok and Rayne’s gear they still both stood ready to rush to their aid if needed and no turtle like creatures would stop them. But as things stood right now all the Human Fighter/Mage and Dwarven Fighter could do was wait.

TWIN TOWERS INN
For others of the party, two in particular, the worries of the road ahead for a brief moment forgotten and the fate of whole nations put on a shelf they enjoyed the company of the other.

As Conall and Cynil sat together in a rare moment of peace both felt closeness to the other that nether one had felt for another in a long time.
The stirring of 1st love, perhaps, but for the Paladin and the Druid thoughts of such were far from each’s mind. For now just having the luxury of sharing with a friend and comrade a time of peace was the greatest gift that each could give the other.

In the Temple yet sat Cor, though night had fallen he had waited for yet another sign from his god yet none had come. Clear it was that Odin had said all that was needed and the Dwarf Cleric was only getting tired and hungry for no good reason. With his mind at ease and his heart proud in his god’s trust in him he headed back to the Inn for a meal and to talk to Conall about his pending departure from the group for a time.

As he sought the Paladin he was pointed towards the Inn’s garden by a pretty human serving girl and came upon Cynil and Conall together.
As he saw the Male human and the female Elf lost in each other and so very much at peace he did not approach. Quietly moving back into the Inn proper he sat and ordered a mug of light ale and a bowl of freshly baked bread as the beginning of a meal. And so it was that when Conall and Cynil soon entered after him, also following the smell of fresh bread, he mentioned to them and with a smile did invite them to sit with him.

Before long for the first time in many hours so too finally did Alasdair and Althena appear, hunger also leading them to the Inn’s dining room. Seeing the other three already there they politely asked to join them.
With five of nine party members before him he knew it was not yet the right time to tell them of his new mission.
He would first talk to Conall as that was the Paladin’s due as Cor’s pupil, but in truth as the Dwarf’s closet friend.

Time enough to do so after the meal before them.....

(OOC: Ok I decided to delete my earlier post to Brianna and Dragonmist and repost it here as they had not responded to it yet which is ok.
As for the interaction of Kyle and Dragon Mistress I have to say I find myself eagerly awaiting the next post from each of you as it is very very good reading. Please both of you keep it up.
Ok a bit of a players heads up, Alacrity at the moment has asked me to NPC him due to at the moment very hectic RL. He will return in 2-3 weeks when things slow down enough for him to think again. So at the moment I am NPCing Magma, Alasdair, and Althena so to the rest of you keep the posts coming so I have some idea what the rest of you are doing. Well as normal next post next Wednesday, good posting everyone)


Posted on 2007-04-26 at 04:53:48.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Search for an owner.

Once it is deceided that he will accompany Rayne inside the brothal in search for this dishwasher Ulthok will move over to where Halia is standing and remove and hand her all of his visiable weapons.He will retain as he always does the two throwing daggers hidden in his boots.Once finished he will pay his 5 gold submit to their pat down and then enter the place with Rayne at his side.

They enter the dark main room of the brothal and stopping inside to look around and get their bearings.They see dancers in their cages dancing, there is a main stage with a clean shaven dwarf woman dancing, and some waiteress waiting on a tortle bartender to pour drinks for their patrons, but no sign of their quarry the owner.

Turning to Rayne I think I will approach the bartender Tortle and see if he will give me the wearabouts of the owner, you should stay close but let me deal with the dam Tortle, I don't want to have to put up with their foul mouths any more. Making his way over to where the ladies are waiting for their drinks the little halfling will first speak with them. Excuse me my fair ladies I am looking to speak with the owner of this establishment, and was told by the outside guards he would be found somewhere in here, maybe you could point us in the right direction.



Posted on 2007-04-26 at 11:00:58.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne follow ultok with a nod. NOt that the crude language of the guards had bothered her at all. Their words ran off her back like water from a swans bright plumage, with out a feather ruffled in the process. However Ultok well meaning taking charge did give her time to survey the surroundings and keep an eye out for their quarry and possible departure routes..

Rayne know about such establishments but had not often every been in one anywhere. Her keen eyes and ears assessed and recorded everything she could see and hear.

SHe also enjoyed her own game of thrying to figure out why each person was hear by their actions. which she did by watching the ebb and flow of the patrons and the performers.


Posted on 2007-04-27 at 19:42:03.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"Please join us, my Lord and Lady," Cynil looks to the two. "We have just ordered fresh bread straight from the oven, butter, and honey. Enough to stave off hunger till dinner."

Cynil looks about the group, "We will have to add another table and chairs, when the others return from their shopping."

As the serving girl returns with a platter of steaming bread , a pot of butter and another of honey, Cynil pulls her eating knife and cuts off a crusty end of the bread. this she slaters with butter and the drizzles honey over that.

"Now this is a feast fit for...," she turns and hands the first slice to Conall. "Anyone else for some bread with butter and honey?"

"Girl, another loaf and some soft white cheese," Cynil adds after a thought. And please make that two bottles of your best wine."





Posted on 2007-04-28 at 05:34:43.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


bread, butter, honey..... mmmm oh and wine too

Conall helped the Lady Cynil to a chair at the table of Cor and then sat himself. The smiles were light and Conall knew that something played upon the mind of Cor, but for what ever reason Cor chose not to talk about it. It was Conall who was getting ready to ask how the day of deep meditation went at the temple when Alasdir and Althena showed themselves to the dinning room. As the two approached the table the Lady Cynil opened an invite for the two to join them.

Conall stood as was the popper thing to do when the lady Althena sat at the table. He then sat and gave a quick nod to Alasdir. It was then the serving wench came to the table with food and drink. The Lady Cynil made light conversation and offered the first slice of bread with hot butter and honey on it to Conall. He took pause for only a second and then openly accepted the first piece of bread. He then broke off a small piece and pasted the rest to his right, “Let us all break the first slice together.”

A smile drifted from under the beard of Cor, “Well done lad.” As in turn he took the slice and passed it on.


Posted on 2007-05-01 at 15:10:49.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.