The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4006 registered users. Our newest member is w88pokerth.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Posting Games - Tann's NFL U pick e'm 2019-2020 (posted by Bannix)Tann's NFL U pick e'm 201
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


For show indeed

"Why of course my axe just for show. It is just for showing young, snot-nosed paladins how to act in battle. Make sure you take notes." Cor winked at Connel as they continued towards the brothel.


Posted on 2007-05-16 at 18:09:36.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"I am here," replies Cynil leaving the two Odin followers the room they need to speak. "By no means does the pace of the good cleric stretch my ability to keep up with you two."

Cynil keeps an eye out to her surroundings. She does not want to be surprised by anyone of Evil intent.


Posted on 2007-05-16 at 20:44:44.

Drusillia
Veteran Visitor
Karma: 8/2
109 Posts


>.< Inevitable

Halia stands and waits with her companions weapons. It seems like she waits forever. Eventually she sees Ulthoke Emerge only to look as if he is going to dive back in. She tenses immediately as she realizes that there is something about to go down. She was really hoping there wouldn’t be a problem with these tortles, they don’t look like they would be fun to have a fight with. But she knows its coming. She readies her weapons and draws her long sword holding it ready for the fight that seems Inevitable.......


Posted on 2007-05-16 at 20:48:19.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Knights in shiny Armor

INSIDE/OUTSIDE DWARVES & BABES
So it had come down to this, the halfling who half the party had tried to help because of a bow, was none other then a party members brother, a brother clearly in trouble and needing of their help.

Ulthok for a moment was stunned to learn the truth that the Halfing Fletcher was none other then Divot, his older brother. A spell quick to the younger halflings mind and cast only to have it fade without effect, a spell ward clearly in place inside. Then Ulthok was grabbed from behind without warning and thrown out of the Bordello to the ground. A Tortle with a smile upon his face looking down on him.

“Leave now little rat no, use magic hare, go before the master gets mad”
Ulthok on his back and on street planned his next move....

Haila had by now drawn her sword, only to find the second Tortle before her, he too with weapon ready and a cruel smile on his face. The choice for her at the moment to attack or to wait and see what would happen next....

Magma for the moment seemingly forgotten by all was ready to act, his axe held in what appeared to be a non threating stance. But underneath it all the Dwarf warrior was ready even eager to attack....

Rayne by mischance found herself the only one still inside Dwarves & Babes, the strange halfling leering at her as if she was dinner. His 4 Tortles now doubled in number the Elf female knew that to attack or attempt to reach the Halfling now ID’d as Ulthoks brother was dubious at best.
Her choice to stay and try for Divot or to rejoin the rest a matter of seconds to decide....

FROM THE INN INTO THE STREET
With Cor leading the way and a very reluctant Paladin in his wake the two holy warriors followed by Cynil, Alasdair and Althena did move towards the rippling and lingering feel of evil before them all now in agreement that this was the right thing to do. Though not as intense as at first felt by Paladin and Knight Cleric, yet it did linger as if only awaiting its moment to strike. As they moved closer to what clearly in the distance all could see was the heard of Bordello/Strip Club, the evil took on the feel as if hungry, as if needing to somehow to feed. Clear it was to both Cor and Conall that within those walls was where the evil lurked.

With the Bordello in sight and all eyes glued towards it all were stunned when a beautiful Elf in very fine Elvin armor upon a black war horse appeared in front of them. Clear it was to Cor that the girl needed help for her skin was a sick yellowish green in color. Without a word spoken but with the fatigue of someone very sick she fell from her horse to lie upon the street in front of them alive but only barely....

Selina knew she had not much time left to find help, all the potions gone and the poison creeping through her it was only a matter of minutes or even seconds for her to live.
Then as if a sign from one of the gods there appeared before her a pair of shiny knights in armor, one tall and one short but she did not care. Her horse pulled to a stop with the last of her strength she tried to speak only to find herself upon the ground looking up at a beautiful night sky, her last breathes being taken as she watched the stars slowly begin to fade....

(OOC Alrighty then that’s my post for this week and I hope it gives you some ideas as to what to post next. Very good posting by all and I am happy to see that Dru is still with us. As for Eol I have not heard from him in a few weeks but then no one here DM or player has so RL must be kicking his ass so I will wait on word from him as if Divot will be his or given to another. Also one hint from me NOTHING is what you think it is trust me, I know I have said it before but you will see. For fun if anyone has an idea what’s going on post it the Q/A thread I’d love to read your thoughts.
Well once again next post next Wednesday.)


Posted on 2007-05-17 at 02:51:58.
Edited on 2007-05-17 at 02:52:56 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


Curiouser and curiouser

Cor was not at all surprised to find that the sense of evil seemed to eminate from inside the brothel. "Go figure, a house of ill repute that smacks of evil. Now you see why many sects require chasity. Of course not ours, lucky for us ehh?" Cor nudged Connal in the ribs. At that moment, an elvin maiden appeared. From the look of things she had seen hard times recently. In an instant she slumped and fell from the saddle. Cor rushed forward to offer aid. "She lives, but not by much." Sensing the reek of poison upon her breath, Cor began his prayers. In a few moments he checked again for her system should be free of the foul elixer.

Could this be a coincidence or was it in some way related to the evil in the brothel?


OOC: Cure poison cast


Posted on 2007-05-17 at 03:46:57.
Edited on 2007-05-17 at 13:37:14 by Keeper of Dragons

Halia
Newbie
Karma: 2/0
6 Posts


>_<

0oc: It's still me i just made a account for Halia Finally!!

(Niamedris Being the smart cat she is runs to safety not far away. Where she can watch her master and be in no danger for she knows that if she is killed her master will suffer greatly.)

Halia seems to be in quit a predicament. Here she stands with a Tortle. Ulthok is laying on his back and Rayne has found herself alone with eight Tortles and a strange halfling. Halia knew she couldn’t leave Rayne alone in there. But she couldn’t very well herself make her way into the establishment with an enemy standing ready next to her. Her mind raced quickly as she looked for a solution. After seeing Ulthok’s spell fail she knew hers would also be of no use...

Halia knew they where in trouble, but no damage had been done yet and heaven for bid she be the first to throw a blow when perhaps none need be thrown. Sure these Tortle where menacing but the fighting hadn’t really begun yet. She decides to not cut at the Tortles throat, instead she will ready herself further..

She thrust her hand deep into her pocket and pulls out a small statue of , what appears to be a war dog. She speaks the command words softly.... “Flyul Aielv”
A Onyx dog appears next to her ready to fight beside her. She tells it to wait to attack until either she attacks or is attacked. Sense the dog has a great intelligence and can himself speak in the common tongue he understands the command and seems to nod in acknowledgment...



Posted on 2007-05-17 at 16:52:44.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Now What?


Cynil finds that Cor got to the fallen elf before she could act, having been behing Cor and Conall. She hears Cor's words, the Evil is inside the bordello.

Cynil looks to some of their party outside the bordello, and saw Halia looking concerned at the Tortle near her.

"Kith Jora, to beseech you," Cynil entones lowly, "to grant me your divine power to trip the Tortle if he should move to attack my comrades."

Cynil prepares a Trip Spell and holds it ready.


Posted on 2007-05-18 at 05:14:22.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Move along people, nothing to see here

As the group of five approaches the brothel a she elf falls from horse and Cor is at her side. As Conall passes he pauses for just a moment, “Cor see to this one in need, I must push forward. As we grow closer to the brothel the stench of evil gets stronger and I do not mean the evil of man but of something greater.” Never looking at Cor he spoke these words while keeping his gaze fixed on the brothel.

It was then a spike of evil came from the brothel and then seemed to fall back to just a high irritation in the front of Conall’s head. He saw Ulthok landing in the street and heard some turtle looking thing barking at him. Conall drew his sword and quickened his pace toward the brothel.


Posted on 2007-05-18 at 14:11:03.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

The current odds were definitely not in her favor. Eight armed antagonists, an unfrenly location and she with nothing but a few dagger magic spells seemingly neutralized. For Ultok had definitely intoned archaic words of power with no seeming effect,

Rayne is too intelligent and experience to attempt a rescue by herself. Her best and only real choice ws to leave for now and arm and armor herself appropriately though it she was reluctance that she left the hapless halfing Fletcher.

Rayne turns to face the leering halfling eye-to-eye as she backs out of the place keeping the tortles in sight. Her look is not of malice or revenge. She is too much in control to show such unhelpful emotion but it did offer retribution.


Posted on 2007-05-19 at 02:14:50.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


a guardian angel

The woman fell hard from her horse, but the pain she couldn't feel save that of the poison. Selina was in agony and lay upon the solid ground, her mount remained at her side loyally. Cautiously smelling the man who'd come to her aid.

The man's voice seemed distant, his words barely audible as the poison raced through her system flooding her senses to their limits. The second man's words seemed closer, and more clear, her sight became clearer and within moments she was feeling much better, as the man known as Cor had cast the spell prayer. Selina's gaze was soft and it was obvious that it was not her time to leave this earth.

The woman's eyes cleared up some as her skin returned to it's natural glow. Selina smiled warmly up at the man who'd just saved her life, and she allowed her eyes to drink in his features. After she was certain she could point him out in a crowd of a thousand people she spoke faintly "I humbly thank thee" she bowed her head gracefully. The young woman attempted to find her footing as her mount lowered his head to try and help her to her feet. Her hands quickly grasping his mane gently and pulling herself up to her wobbly feet. Selina would need food before she would be completely content and healthy once again. A smile lined her lips as she extended a shaking hand towards the man "The name's Selina. I'm in your debt Mi Lord" she fell silent anew, now watching him with curious eyes for his reaction.

(DM OOC: Cdnflirt just to let you know Cor is not a man but a male dwarf and the spell he cast was Neutralize Poison not prayer but good post nonetheless )


Posted on 2007-05-21 at 20:13:48.
Edited on 2007-05-22 at 04:11:11 by TannTalas

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Something Fishy.

OOC: First I'm sorry this is late lost my connection for a couple of days.

BIC:
After his spell fizzled Ulthok found himself being propelled out of the bordello by force and ends up on his back looking up at one of the Tortles saying Leave now little rat, no use magic hare,go before master gets mad.”As he lies there on his back several things are running through his mind at once.[' there is something that just is not right about this whole situation.He begins to wonder if the evil that they know has been following them had somehow figured out what their next move was where they where going to be.He doesn't know how they would have known about his older brother or how they could have orchestrated any of this, but the whole thing smells fishy.']
Right now however he has a more immediate problem, as he lies on his back looking up into the leering smile of the Tortle who tossed him out of the Bordello.With a quick glance around he sees Halia with a Tortle poised next to her.He knows Rayne is still inside now by herself, but Magma seems to be being ignored, that at least is good. With the odds right at the moment not looking to be in his favor he thinks a defensive move would be in order right now. With Rayne still inside he won't however be going far but he needs to get his weapons back since it seems magic use inside won't be a possibility. He does wonder how far outside the building the magical ward could be in effect if at all.
So acting as if he has been put in his place by the owner and his Tortles. Ulthok speaks to the one nearest him as he picks himself up off the ground. “Fine my large friend I know when I am not welcome somewhere.” Once on his feet he will back away from the Tortle who was looking down at him keeping a weary eye on him to make sure he makes no sudden moves. He will continue to back away trying to stay sort of between Halia and Magma and to the side of Halia opposite of the Tortle that is near her, as he moves he also is watching the door waiting for Rayne to exit the Bordello. He stays tense and alert ready to jump away should the Tortles make any sudden offensive moves. As soon as it is possible he will grab up his weapons. So with Idreanl back in his hands he watchs the Tortles, the door for Rayne to appear and while he does his mind is racing trying to come up with a plan to rescue Divot, there is no way he could stand it if he could not find someway to save his older brother.


Posted on 2007-05-26 at 12:56:05.
Edited on 2007-05-26 at 13:00:28 by Dragonmist

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6413 Posts


Glowing Yellow Eyes

THE STREET
As Conall, Cor, Cynil, Alasdair and Althena made their way towards the Bordello before them was a beautiful elf maiden clearly in pain. Without hesitation Cor moved quickly forward grabbing the women into his arms, seeing she was in the grip of poisoning he quickly cast Neutralize Poison.
Within only a matter of seconds the girl in his arms began to regain her pure white color and once again opened her eyes.

“The names Selina, I’m in your debt my lord.”
Conall feeling the pull of the evil before him took only a moment to clap Cor upon the shoulder, say a few words, then yet followed by the other 3, Cynil with a spell readied upon her lips, continued towards Dwarves& Babes. With the Bordello/Strip Club in sight the Paladin and the others saw the Halfing Ulthok lying on the ground, Haila seemingly facing off against a Tortle, Magma moving into postion as if to strike and no sign of Rayne....

OUTSIDE/INSIDE DWARVES& BABES
Ulthok seemingly docile stood and made his apologies to the Tortle that had thrown him to the ground and slowly backed away as the Tortle crossed his arms with a big evil grin upon his face.
Ulthok then picked up his weapons and gear and stood waiting for Rayne to exit the Club but there was as yet no sign of her leaving....

Haila with a smile on her face reached into her pocket and called upon her trusted Onyx dog and once again beside her he appears. But to her surprise the Tortle before only laughs upon sight of the dog and speaks.

“You think me scared of little dog, I eat little dogs, send him at me so I may feed upon him.”
Laughing the Tortle readies himself as if to attack the Fighter/Mage but with no weapon as yet drawn.

Magma was only waiting the right moment to attack seeing the Tortles reaction and state of readiness the dwarf his axe up prepared to move into the attack the moment the creature made a move towards Haila. He knew a fight was brewing but when it would start was as yet still undecided, but he was ready....

Rayne her way open to the door stopped to take one last look at the oversized Halfling owner of Dwarves & Babes and was caught by surprise by the hunger in his eyes now a glowing yellow. Truly this was no halfling but something much worse but what she faced before her was as yet hidden from her. Backing out of Dwarves & Babes she realized that the party, if they should pursue the matter of Ulthoks brother, faced more then just a Halfling and his sec guards.....

(OOC: Ok my new post is up I know its short sorta and may not tell you much but I am still a little under the weather and the meds make me sleepy as hell but I hope it will give you enough to post off of. Ok next post like normal next Wednesday. Again sorry for the delay.)


Posted on 2007-05-31 at 03:17:52.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


An uneasy feeling and the calvery arrives-Maybe

As he moves back toward Halia to collect his weapons Halia gets out her onyx dog and brings it into being, at which point the Tortle near her only laughs, and saysYou think me scared of little dog, I eat little dogs, send him at me so I may feed upon him. Once he reaches where Halia is Ulthok calmly gathers up his weapons and puts them where they belong he feels better with his stuff back on and in place.
As he continues to ponder their current situation he continues to get the feeling that this is more than a chance meeting.The fact that they needed bows, the only fletcher in town suddenly is out of business and in debt to this strange halfling and his even stranger bunch of body guards.He has never been big on conspiracy's but this business stinks of a trap, and with Rayne as yet to exit the bordello the halfling is on very high alert.
The air around them is filled with tension as each keeps watch on the others each waiting for the other to make that move which will set the whole thing off, because at this point he has come to believe that they are not walking away from here without a fight,even if they wanted to there is something bigger at play here.Then as if to punctuate what he is feeling Ulthok spots the rest of his party hurrying down the street towards the bordello, now what would have alerted them to what was happening down here, gathering them all into one place at the same time.As this senerio unfolds he is getting more and more unsettled.Thinking it might be wise to speak with the new arrivals before they blindly start an attack against the bordello which still contained Rayne.Ulthok could tell that Magma was keeping the Tortle near Haila in his crosshairs, and the second one out front was still standing near the doors with his arms crossed and that smirk on his face that Ulthok hoped he would soon be wiping off for him.
As the rest of the party draws near his mind continues to evaluate the situation as he tries to come up with a plan of action.Since he now knows the place is warded against magic he wonders how strong the ward is and if there is any possibility of dispelling it.This of course would depend on the strength of the wizard who cast the spell in the first place, and that they have noway of knowing.Should they stick together and make a strong frontal assault, or maybe split up and try to divide and conquer.
Since Halia is a big girl and Magma is keeping an eye on her anyways Ulthok thinks it might be prudent to wander over towards the arriving group and fill them in on what is now transpiring at the Babes and Dwarves Brotholl.Meeting the approaching group about halfway between where he first spotted them and where Halia and magma now stand he quickly and quietly will try to give a very quick version of what has, and what is now transpiring around the brothall, and try to get from them what had brought them here. “Alaisdair, Althena, Conall, and Cynil I felt it a good idea to meet you half way before you got to close to the brothall, I don't know what brought you here but we have a developing problem.First of which is Rayne has yet to exit the cursed place.” In as condensed a version as possible without leaving out any crucial points the halfling will try to fill in the group to what has transpired up to this point, and to emphasize that he has no intentions of leaving here until he has rescued his brother Divot from the unnatural halfling that is in charge of this cursed place. At this point he will kind of wait for them to either ask him some questions about the place or for their leader Alasidair to take charge and lay out their next moves.


Posted on 2007-05-31 at 12:50:25.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


By order of the King!

Ulthok approaches the group Conall is leading down the street and begins to tell his side of the goings on. He then notices Ulthok look to Alaisdair and Conall says, “Your problem with the guards is your own Alaisair. I mean to enter that place and nothing will stand in my way. There is great evil here and I tend to see to it. I will send out the Lady Rayne when I see her.” Conall then looks at Ulthok, “Be ready and stay safe the others.”

Conall then walks up to the entrance of the establishment and in a commanding voice speaks, “By order of the King of these lands you will step aside and I will enter unopposed. If you do not do as the king commands I will be forced to shut these doors and throw all inside to the streets.” Conall will then proceed past the guards and enter the establishment. Knowing that this is most unlikely to happen Conall is at the ready to (without weapon in hand) to use the weight of the beast and it’s own attack momentum to throw it to the ground.


Posted on 2007-05-31 at 16:45:44.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2231 Posts


No chance for an ale.

Cor was slightly behind the rest of the group after tending the the injured lass. His short legs were a blur as he struggled to catch up. Finally he reached the brothel and took in the interesting situation. It appears there was a bit of what his grandfather called an "orchish standoff". Both sides poised to attack but unsure of the consequences and so for the moment an uneasy truce prevailed. Then he heard Connal make his demand for the beast in front of the door to step aside. 'When does that ever work? Surely one of these days paladins will learn that they alone hold honor supreme. Oh well, at least the standoff will soon be over.' he thought to himself.

Knowing that it was only a matter of moments before the ring of steel and moans of pain filled the air he readied his axe. "Tho I doubt you are so inclined, I suggest you move aside and let the gentleman and I enter unrestricted. Understand that we will enter, it is up to you if we do it the easy, boring way or the much more fun, hard way."


Posted on 2007-06-01 at 02:39:18.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.