The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3895 registered users. Our newest member is xemkeovn2019.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Cyberpunk - Flesh & Blood - A Night City Adventure (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Flesh & Blood Game
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Nomad D2)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Espatier)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Sci Fi - Star Trek: Hidden Depths (posted by MagickMan65)ST: Hidden Depths
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


A better plan

Cor listened to Ulthok and his suggestion made sense. "My friend I will go and speak with the magistrate and take Connel with me. The rest of you head back to the brothel and make sure no towns folks get into trouble. We will meet you there shortly."

Before heading out to the magistrate, Cor turned to Magma. "Ya might want to rethink the oil. Not only did it not work so well for me but if there is indeed a magical gate it is unlikely to be harmed by fire. If it is destroyed then that will doom our halfling friend's brother as there will be no way to rescue him."


Posted on 2007-07-24 at 02:49:33.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Having finished casting her diviation. Rayne waits patiently for her reply. To her it is clear as can bee and not ambigious at all. She listens to the others taking. about who will go to the Magistrate to talk. "Cor and Connal, I will come with to both to speak to the Magistrate. I have some information to share to you know and to the other when we return."

"As for you others do nothing but watch for now, for there is souls to be saved. We will hurry as quickly as we can I assure you."

Age and wisdom of many years reinforces her words, but mostly the sincerity of them is what rings true. "Corellon has never lead me false. I will tell you more when I come back."


Posted on 2007-07-24 at 05:54:17.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil feels like she does not fit in either group, but for her own reasons she would rather go with Conall and Cor, but she also knows the others might have need of a cleric, so she nods to Cor and Conall as they turn to go. Not that she would have been much good speaking to a Magistrate. Cor and Conall had positions of importance, she doubted anything she had to say would be of any worth to the overall subject of their meeting.

She sighs and rejoins the others staring at the building and the connundrum it presented. Somebody or bodies were using this place for some sort of reason. A God or Goddess of Lust and or Avarice, might be using it to gather power. Devils or Demons, might do the same for their various masters.

She reviews her spells and tries to decide which might be best to use given the scenario of Evil off-planars.


Posted on 2007-07-25 at 04:41:31.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Talk if we must

Conall stands and watches the building as the talking continues and thoughts and plans are made clearer and all are brought together in thought and mind. “Cor, if we are to go and speak then let us move. Lady Rayne, if you can talk while we walk it would be much appreciated.” Then glancing at the Lady Cynil as she makes the slights movement to join Conall, Cor, and the Lady Rayne, she instead gives a nod to Cor and sighs as she turns away to join the others. “Lady Cynil, keep you and the others safe.” Conall turns and joins Cor and the Lady Rayne.


Posted on 2007-07-25 at 17:54:32.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Revelations of Divination

Rayne strides easily alongside Cor and Connel as they move off to dfind the Magistrate. She knew Corellon did not answer all she would have like him to, but such was his way, yet he had given her that which she needed to make a decision about the matter in hand. Turning to the two other stawart defenders of other faiths, and explains, "I cast divination and asked about the problems here, such as we found it, and wanted to know if it needed to be taken care of now or could it wait until after our primaty mission was completed. Rayne then simple relates Corellon's words to them, 'Through the strength of faith shall the lost souls be let free.'
"After thinking on these words for a while, my actions, for now, must be to rescue those lost souls. There is no doubt in my mind that it must be done now and not later."

Rayne knows she cannot eaplain easily to these other clerics her understanding of her Dietiy's manner of conveying information to his clerics, but her long years of devotion and service has shown her the truth that was evident in what her told her. She would try though, because understanding was needed.

"Corellon mostly does not tell me what needs to be done, but gives me the information I need to make the decision for myself. There are souls to be saved and that is all I need to act on."

Rayne pauses and then comtemplates aloud, "I am trying to figure out if it is demons or devils we are going to be facing. Lost souls usually mean devils are, but demons are possible too. The magics in that place were powerful. The door is more than a door, possibly a portal to somewhere else. Cor and Connel, what are your thoughts?"


Posted on 2007-07-25 at 19:03:55.
Edited on 2007-07-25 at 20:50:01 by Brianna

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6104 Posts


A Meeting takes place

And so with few words it was decided....

Cor, Conall and Rayne along with the lone Guardsmen would head for the Magistrate to seek his assistance while the others would head back to the Bordello to stand watch.

The walk for the four of them short and a Divination revealed between only three they came to the home. A knock and entrance permitted Cor and Conall spoke in length of their findings with what seemed at first to be a very reluctant city official.
The Magistrate at first would not even think of approaching the establishment as it had never caused a problem before, and though not a ‘pillar of society’ per say it was a respectable business of sorts none the less.

Never had anyone from town or countryside disappeared or been, as they told him of Ulthok’s brother, enslaved. Yes it was true many with gambling debts had agreed to work them off but again as far as the Magistrate knew none had ever been forced to do so. For many years had the new owners run the place and had always followed the city’s rules, paid their taxes and even given back to the community in funds for new homes and business loans.

Many of the shops and houses today he told them would never have been possible without the aid of the Bordello and though its main business was selling of the flesh it was kept indoors and not strutted about. But in the end it was decided, due largely to Cor and Conall’s position and prestige, to investigate their allegations towards the Bordello.

With all in agreement, though the Magistrate was yet unhappy, a time was set. As the doors of the Bordello would not open once again till noon, and it being almost three am it was decided, by the Magistrate, that at that time would he along with Cor and Conall and any of the rest of the party that wished to do so enter the establishment and seek out the owner and talk to him of the parties accusations.

Both Knight Cleric and Paladin along with Rayne at first did protest but declaring himself rightly as head of the town’s law enforcement it was his call.
Just because they believed something was wrong with the Bordello they did not have proof and until such time as proof was found the owners were still entitled to their rights as citizens of the town and as such common courtesies.

With this the Magistrate final answer the three friends did head back to the Bordello to find the others waiting and watching. A report given that nothing at all had changed and that the Bordello was quiet the choice now to stay and watch or to get some rest.
Tomorrow or rather today could possibly be a big day.

INSIDE DWARVES & BABES
“Why don’cha tickle me bum with a feather an’ make me watch the two of ye tear each others throats out, ya slitherin’ heifer!?” Divot smirked, “Er better still, gimme back me blinkin’ axe an’ lemme show you a li’l bit about wha’ punishment c’n mean!”
With a haughty laugh the Consort seemed not to be so much angered as amused at Divot’s words.

“Ahhh there is yet fight in this one my love how I so do like my toys that way.”
As she gazed at Divot with a look of sadistic pleasure a small invisible creature did appear.

“Master tomorrow/today they come” it spoke to the owner.

“So be it” He replied waving the creature back to whence it had come. Turning once again to the Consort who had taken Divot by the hair. “It is as we expected my love, the Paladin and the Dwarven Cleric as so many of their type are set in their ways. Have your fun with this one but make him ready for the day as we will use him as let us say, a bargaining chip.”
Without another word but laughter ringing from his throat the owner turned and proceeded deeper into the Bordello, behind him the first screams began....

(OOC: Good posting everyone, as you can see I went ahead and sorta fast forwarded the game past the talk with the Magistrate as I pretty much figured (Fingers crossed ) what both of them would say.
Brianna, Keeper, Kyle, if I missed anything you wanted to say in game feel free to back post at your leisure. Ok next post next Wednesday and a big welcome back to our screaming Halfling you sir have been missed)


Posted on 2007-07-26 at 03:08:55.
Edited on 2007-07-26 at 03:23:17 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


A short rest

Cor returned to the others after the meeting with the Magistrate. "Well, we have permission to check this place but with one condition: the Magistrate will accompany us. Such is his right as the local official in charge of security. I think he is underestimating the danger we face but he is set on his choice and any further discussion will serve no purpose. Do what you can to keep an eye on him but not so much that it detracts from our job. Since the bordello will not open until noon I suggest we all take the opportunity to catch a quick nap or take stock of our spells."

Cor turned to Connel and spoke in a whisper. "Whatever we find on the other side of that door will likely be evil and powerful. Offer it no quarter. From its actions it has shown it is without honor and so I relieve you from your obligation to fight it fairly; kill it as quickly as you can. In regards to the captured halfling; I suspect that its life is already forfeit. As such I will not bargin for it. Such action only serves to distract the party from its mission and must be ended quickly by whatever means necessary. Death has no grip that I cannot break."

Cor turns and makes his way towards the inn for a quick nap.


Posted on 2007-07-27 at 12:52:55.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne places her hand on Cor's shoulder. Well spoken, Sir Cor." Rayne says as she steps forward to speak, "Corellon gave me these words when I cast divination about this place 'Through the strength of faith shall the lost souls be let free.' So there is no question in my mind that we will attempt to free the lost souls howeverm, my question is what are the natures of our enemies that we face from what Corellon has revealed. Are we dealing with devils or demons or something else? It can make some differece in how we prepare ourselves, silver or cold iron, fire or ice. We need ato consider nswers to these questions, then we need rest, and to prepare. If someone has an augury availiable to them it might help us discover the truth."


Posted on 2007-07-27 at 16:09:45.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


A prayer offered for guidance needed

"A fine observation you have made Rayne. Demon or Devil does make some differance in preparation; though the outcome will be the same. I will cast my spell and see if Odin will grant me wisdom."

Cor moved a short distance away and drew his axe. Using the pommle he drew a circle in the dirt and then placed the axe carefully in the center. He sat directly atop the axe and folded his hands in his lap. His eyes closed and his head bowed before his lips began to move. No sound ushered forth as his diety did not need spoken words to hear the thoughts in the cleric's head. 'Odin, father of all grant me wisdom and allow me to understand the implications of our potential actions. If we prepare ourselves for demons will such action aid us in accomplishing our plan?'

Cor's eyes opened and he stood. With a foot he erased the circle before retreiving his axe. "Well Rayne, I have asked and now must wait to see if Odin answers. Get some rest. I will let everyone know if I gain an answer."


Posted on 2007-07-27 at 20:13:32.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"I thank you Cor," not that he he helpped answer her question but his answer was totally in keeping with who and what he was. "I plan to pray first and then meditate. I am not sure we should stay here the rest of the night. Anyone else have soome ideas about what we are facing." That whatever she faced was a vile evil of that she had no doubt. and yes since souls could be freed IT was as task she would undertake without question. Only her mind wanted answers and so she pondered what she knew of Demons and Devils and extra planar nastieness.

WHen all the other had ther say or said nothing Rayne Prays to Corellon and his grace for the coming day. She has several different spells she knows will benefit this group especially against such foes. Divine favor is the one that will help protect them and help them in their struggle against evil. Divine power certainly. Even as she prays her mind goes over her choices. "corellon I ask your guidance for selecting spells that will be most effective against the evil her and effective for those who will fight with me."


Posted on 2007-07-28 at 02:46:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


Urgent information

Cor was alone in his room when the voice of Odin echoed in his head. The knight-cleric rose quickly and clad himself in a robe. Moving from room to room, he gathered the rest of the party and instructed them to meet in his room immediately. Once all had assembled he passed along the first part of the information Odin had given him. 'Evil comes in such a form yet not' I had asked if preparing for demons would aid us and from this reply it appears that our foe is something else. Trivial information such as it is, this is not the reason for our gathering. Odin imparted me with additional knowledge. 'be prepared for some to die' Based on my past experience he does not speak of the creatures we seek to destroy but members of our own party. I know that we all understand that our time here is of a length unknown and that the reaper may come at any time. However, in this case I believe it is a certainty that if we pursue our current path then we will dig graves tomorrow night. We have two choices as I see it: we can leave now and avoid the brothel which should allow all of us to continue our mission or proceede and hope that those we lose are not vital to the sucess of our royal task." Cor waited a moment and then added, "What say all of you?"


Posted on 2007-07-30 at 22:43:06.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne's Input

"I cannot forget Corellon;s words to me, that lost souls wil be saved by the strength of faith. If I die in that pursuite, I will not have died in vain. Not for fear of my death will I turn from this place," Rayne says softly but clearly. "Not deamons, but a Great Evil, so be it."


Posted on 2007-07-30 at 23:21:13.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"The question of the brothel is still only second to the quest that we first chose. Even you, Rayne, have taken your King's orders that brought you to us and our quest. I alsoknow Ulthok would love to free his brother."

Cynil looks to the others to see how they react to her words.

"Yes, the brothel contains Evil, and yes souls need saving, but it is a sure bet that they are even now preparing for our attack. Would it not be better to complete our quest and then gather persons and magics to mount a credible attack on such an Evil when they least expect it."

"Though........there is something I was thinking of that might get Divot free. It would need the efforts of all of us before the brothel opens?"



Posted on 2007-07-31 at 01:56:39.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2127 Posts


A plan?

"If I knew for sure it was my life that was forfeit in this action I would have no issue. However we know not whose life is at stake. We may lose one who is vital to the king's mission and if we fail in that then saving the halfling would have been in vain as all would die. Are we willing to take that chance. Loss of one is worth the loss of many. Cynil, what plan have you hatched?"


Posted on 2007-08-01 at 01:01:47.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


A Plan


"By morning we gather the highest priests, priestesses, or clerics we can from the city, we will need five to form the points of a pentacle

"Before going to bed I ground earth from a temple garden and consecrated it. Then I ground, Mistletoe, Holly, Oak, and Ash and added it to the earth. With this I will lay a circle about the building, which I will draw around and even over the building itself in bird shape and then at five equal points of the pentacle each of the divine servants will stand, keep watch, and pray. Also in the morning I would have the magistrate set guards around the circle to keep innocents away and to also guard the divine servants.

Once that is done, and the brothel opens we will enter and ask that Divot be brought forward. I feel that whatever holds this place enthrall would like it to stay that way for whatever Evil plan they have. Before we go in we will ask the magistrate if we pay the debt owed, would Divot be free from the owners hold and if he, the Magistrate, would accept a writ of payment from the Crown if Rayne signed it to help pay any amount we can not pay. Then once Divot is there we ask him the amount of money owed to the owner in front of the magistrate.

"After that, whether the owner negotiates, or.... things devolve, that is what the divine servants are for. Hopefully their spells and prayers will give us some added aid and protection.

"It might be that we could free Divot without a fight, if not, then we will have added protections."

Cynil finishes and then looks about to see how the others react to her plan. She had never before been envoled in the strategy of a situation. This was all new to her, and though she had gone over and over the plan, she was not sure it would seem as viable to them as it did to her.

Most of all she wanted none of her friends be killed in a fight, but should it come to that, she wanted to give her friends every possible chance to succeed even if it meant risking her own life.


Posted on 2007-08-01 at 02:37:57.
Edited on 2007-08-01 at 02:56:28 by Dragon Mistress

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.