The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Spamvertize - Olan and saving cash... (posted by breebles)Olan and saving cash...
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by breebles)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Star Trek: Veiled Chimera Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Chimera Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by Bromern Sal)Hidden Corruption
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Outrun the Dragon
Price: $18.00

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Some Doubts

When Cor and Conall first return from the magiatrates it seems they will go in to fight the evil when the brothal reopens.As they rest and prepare for the battle Cor calls the group togeather because Odin has given him a vision and it's not good.Seems if they proceed on their present path one or more party members will die.
This puts Ulthok in a tough position.He already has a problem when someone in the parties dies and he feels there was maybe something he could have done to save them.Now he can stop someone from dying by opposing going back to the brothal and instead going on with their mission but then he must leave his brother in the hands of some unknown evil, and not wanting to do that either he listens as
Cynil lays out her plan for rescueing Divot. Ulthok is for anything that might get his brother free
So he listens closly to Cynil Plan wich really seems to consist of what he and Rayne already did once, the difference being she wants to add some magic around the establishment.All in the form of priest and clerics around the outside a show of stregnth.. Ulthok doesn't belive this will make any difference
I am always in favor of bringing in moe help when facing danger, however I don't think in this case it will make much difference.I'm am not totally familiar with the type of magic you are seeking to use, but this evil has it's structure or whatever it is well protected against magic from what T saw the priest and clerics may not be able to cast anything across or into the area we would be in at all.Don't get me wrong I am in favor of doing anythig we may to route this evil and hopefully rescue my kin, but we must look at this from all sides.


Posted on 2007-08-01 at 11:18:00.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


A deadly plan for Ulthok alone

Cor listened to Cynil's plan. She wished to use several priests to form a protective net over the brothel. H had seen such done before and indeed had even been invloved in such a casting on occasion. It was because of this knowledge that he spoke to Cynil filled with doubt. "Tis a good and fine plan lass. However I fear that I and perhaps Connel in a pinch are the only clerics of high enough level to cast a meaningful spell. There may be a cleric in this village but at best he is young and unlikely to have the power required. Gathering 5 priest by noon is nigh impossible. Don't feel bad, many good plans have a flaw. Twas a good idea."

Cor turned to Ulthok. "I know it pains you greatly to see friends die as it does us all. You can save friends by your action but in doing so would condem your brother to certain death. If you act to save your brother you stand a chance of being the one who falls. You have a great stake in this. Think long and well."

Cor turned again to Cynil. "You spoke of negotiation with those inside. I feel that such is a doomed cause. Evil sees such as an act of weakness and is oft taken to negotiate to get what they desire and then break the bargin. This has gone far beyond a simple payment of debt. I for one object to any attempt to negotiate."

Turning back to Ulthok Cor motions for him to follow on a short walk. Once leaving ear shot of the others Cor speaks again. "Those inside are not likely to allow your brother to live. His life is forfeit as we speak I suspect. They likely intend to use his life as a bargining chip to disuade us from the action we know we must take against them. Even if we were to agree to terms with them, which we cannot, they would likely kill him anyway. I have the power to raise the dead and so I offer you this very tough option. We take away their bargining power. One of us, you if you wish though I or Connel will do it if asked, must kill your brother immediately upon entering the brothel. There is then nothing for the evil ones to hide behind and they cannot torture him to weaken our resolve. I will raise him when the battle is over. This is not without risks for there is a chance that his body will not survive the attempt and he will be truely and forever gone. I will give you time to think on this as it is likely the hardest decision you will ever make. I will be in my room when you have made a decision."

Cor turned and left Ulthok alone to think.


Posted on 2007-08-01 at 12:57:39.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"I need to borrow a bow." I am good with it and have no other powerful ranged weapons.

(DM EDIT: Rayne has a +1 Composite Bow listed just underneath of her Sword of Agility)


Posted on 2007-08-01 at 20:46:11.
Edited on 2007-08-01 at 21:57:09 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


Why not that one?

Cor turned to Rayne. "Jitters getting you lass? Is that not a bow on your back? Or is it broken like our halfling friends bow?"


Posted on 2007-08-02 at 00:20:33.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil sort of shuggs into herself as her plan is chopped into pieces, or a least that is what it felt like to her. Maybe not knowing about towns and cities she did underestimate the number of available priests and priestesses. And the idea of negotiation was only a ruse to reveal the nature of the brothel's owner. That or a way to get Divot free because the owner did not want his nature revealed.

Maybe she did not make that clear in her description of the plan, she was unused to being in on strategies.

So now her plan was for nought, but at least she could create the circle and pentacle, it might just give them some added help, but this she keeps to herself.


Posted on 2007-08-02 at 01:16:40.
Edited on 2007-08-02 at 01:19:16 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne's Explanation

"This is bow is my secon best, Unfortunately, my best bow is back at my quarters in the Pegasus's Riders' Hall. I shall not leave my best weapon behind again. even if this was just to be a quick messenger's run." She smiles quickly at Cor. "It is good but not my best, which is why I went hunting for a new one before we continued our mission.."

WHich is why Ulthok camew with me and we ended up at the brothel. to make a long story short.


Posted on 2007-08-02 at 03:49:21.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6323 Posts


A plan in doubt

The party once again at a crossroads, an Augury to Cor from Odin fore telling the possible death of some, yet a Divination to Rayne telling of the freeing of captive souls.

Many plans put forth yet not one agreed upon by all for now as the night grew deeper a party unsure of the right path.
Here it was that Alasdair did stand and speak.

“I know that as your leader I should be the one to make this final call yet this Augury from Odin does also trouble me. Our mission as our Knight Cleric has said is not one of rescue but of recovery, yet I as a Cavalier cannot just walk away from the evil that lurks behind those doors. My choice even with the threat of death is to go forward and face this evil even if it means my death.” Turning to Althena she so quiet beside him he took her hand in his.
“My dear lovely Althena I ask only 1 thing of you this day, please remain here, for the danger before us is great and you have a mission to complete with those of us who survive.” Turning back to the rest of the party once again
“I will on this day at noon meet the Magistrate and with him and his troop enter into the Bordello to face its owner and discover the source of this evil. I will not order any of you to go, that choice has to be yours only to make and let no one say we did not do our duty by turning away. Odin has said some of us will die if we enter this ’Bordello’ but I say to you this… There is no fate but that which we make for ourselves and I believe that together we can change his vision. So who is with me?”
Standing there with one hand holding Althena’s and his other hand thrust forward Alasdair did await the other party member’s choices.

(OOC: OK short post and because I was not sure of what you guys had planned as far as a plan I decided to give you some more time before the meeting at noon. Awesome posting this week and lots of good role play.
Dru, Eol, Kyle please start posting as you guys are missing out. And Eol you did promise me a Torture post remember, Bad Mod, Bad Mod whatcha gonna do oh sorry nvm . Next post next Wednesday as norm)


Posted on 2007-08-02 at 05:17:56.
Edited on 2007-08-02 at 05:19:34 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


More talk

"Cynil, you look downtrodden. I hope it is not due to my comments on your plan for it was indeed a good one. We simply lack the required person to carry it out. Such is the way many planing session go. Someone has an idea and the others seek to find the weak spots our enemies can exploit or logistic reasons it will fail. I cannot rememeber the number of times I had what I thought a grand plan that was torn to shreds by my fellows. 'Rhinosaurus skin' they told me I must grow; thick, tough and protective. It is not you but the plan that is attacked; once hatched it must grow on its own. It takes years of experience to get more than a quarter of your plans to survive. At least you offered a suggestion and that in itself takes courage. Learn and continue; do not back into a shell." Cor patted the lass on the shoulder for he had more respect for her due to her actions.

"So you left your good bow at home did ya? Well that shant happen again I trust. Did the same myself once with me good axe. Thought I was going to a meeting and ended up on a campaign. Now it goes everywhere with me. Wish I had one to lend ya lass. Short dwarf legs and tall bows don't mix well though so we seldom carry them."

Turning to Alasdair, Cor became serious. "If Althena stays without the brothel then I will enter with you. She above all must not fall this day. I do not belive we can change the path Odin has partially revealed but if meet him today I must I stand ready. However, if I enter it is to rid the world of a great evil. In this case the ends do indeed justify the means. As such I have already releaved Connel of his obligation to fight with honor for our foe has shown they are without it and unworthy of receiving it. This I can do as Admisitrator General for the Advancement of Paldins in the Order and Knight-Cleric of Odin. As such my word is law and above contestation by any here in attendance. The cost may be high and the path tough and unpopular. I guarantee either I will fall or there will be a minimum of 3 dead at my feet before I leave. I will not make my choice until our halfling friend has made his for we have had words on the matter that have bearing upon my choice."


Posted on 2007-08-02 at 12:45:13.
Edited on 2007-08-02 at 12:55:05 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil gives Cor a smile in return that lights her face revealing her gratitude for his words.

When Alasdair calls for volunteers she steps forward. " I still plan to set the pentacle," she states for them all, before anyone enters. You will need healing and the Cor and Conall will not have time to fight and heal. And If none of my spells work inside, given the mention that magics did not work inside, I will go back out to protect Althena. Unable aid the fighters and protect myself would make me more a burden that a help."


Posted on 2007-08-02 at 15:57:50.
Edited on 2007-08-02 at 16:03:16 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


Well said

"Now that sounds like a fine plan Cynil. It has purpose and built in flexibility."


Posted on 2007-08-03 at 00:12:26.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

" Rayne listen to the others that have spoken. "I am going in.". Rayne adds with with quiet clarity. "I shall leave a note on my Pegasus to be carried back to the King if I should fall. As Corellon is my Diety I cannpt let souls be in peril without my trying to rescue them. Be they elf or other. That Evil must be destroyed or banished from here. Preferably destroyed."

And before she goes she does exactly that. She takes her Pegasus with her in the morning along with her great Eagle Owl. THe letter is carefully placed in the sadddlebags that contain her few belongs she had brought with her. The eagle owl she had go on guard on the outsedie of the Bprdello wo watch over those staying outside. Using her ring of animal communication she tells the owl, Keep watch for any person or thing that might sneak up and try to harm those who remain outside. Do what you can to warn them. She gently." To her Pegasus she tells them that if she does not return in a day or two or if she is told that of Rayne's death she is to return to the Pegasus Rider's Hall with the message I have put in your saddle bags."

The rest of the might she prays to Corellon though she asks for his quidance as she does. She shapens her swords checks out her arrows smoothing the fletchin of each one and shecking the tightness of the heads. The fine leaf tippe arrows are replaced carefully in her quiver ready to pull/ She takes out two extra strings and stashed them in her pouch. They she meditates, to rest, in the hours left to her.

Rayne will eat a light but sustaning breadkfast in the morning. and settle her weapons including her extra daggers about her person.. HEr holy symbol gleems with polishing The silver cresent moon holy symbol of COrellon Larethian hung on a fine chain about her neck. She wears a tabard of her order over her fine mithral mail shirt.

Rayne is ready.


Posted on 2007-08-07 at 04:43:51.

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7347 Posts


Divot screamed...

...Divot, of course, struggled madly as the Consort lifted him from the floor by a claw full of his hair. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,” he complained, kicking and swinging his fist at the evil wench, “pullin’ ‘air now, is it? This ain’t no torture, ya slithering trollup, it’s blinkin’ play yard pony-shi…iAaaAAaaaaaaaaaaaiiiieeeeeeeEEEE!!!!”

The Consort’s talons flashed before him and an instant later he felt the flesh on his chest and neck part where those razor claws had passed and Divot screamed… then, as he was flung across the room, the scream became a mad laugh. “Oy,” he chortled, tears of agony streaming from his eyes as he clawed his way to his feet, “I think yer losin’ yer touch in yer ol’ age, luv! That din’t ‘urt near as much as… AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

Even before the Consort’s claws had closed around him again, he felt the gods-awful burning and eating away of flesh as whatever spell the slitch had cast turned his blood to acid for an agonizing moment. He was still screaming when she snatched him up and slammed him, back-first into the wall. She laughed as she drove her talons through his shoulder and pinned him to the damp stones of the wall and, in spite of himself, Divot laughed, too. That same, pain-maddened giggling that followed every wound she inflicted on him for the gods only knew how long now… every night… forever.

“Whatcha waitin’ fer, heifer,” Divot rasped as he hung suspended, impaled on her talons, “C’mon… gut me an’ burn my berries ya dirty whooOOOOOooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh!!!!”

And so it went, long into the night. Divot screamed, and burned, and boiled, and bled, and laughed, and suffered. The worst of it was, no matter how much he encouraged her, she wouldn’t kill him… the pain was endless and death should have visited him more than once but the Consort always held it off… Divot screamed until he couldn’t scream anymore… He couldn’t remember when her games had ended but he did know that he’d wake up in the morning; whole again and ready for her tomorrow night.

…where’s…me blinkin’…axe?


Posted on 2007-08-07 at 13:11:30.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


No promises

Cor listened as others stated thier intentions to enter the bordello. Connel had not spoken but there was little doubt that the paladin would enter. Though he believed that this fight was one best avoided, especially after the revelation from Odin, Cor knew that his place was alongside those he traveled with. 'There is no good day to die, only good days to assist your enemy in dying.' such had been the words of his mentor and he intended to do what he could to survive and see the evil ones fall.

"It seems the decision is made and we shall enter and confront the evil ones. I pledge my axe shall seek blood and my hands will staunch blood. Know now that my goal is simple; eliminate the vile creatures beyond this gate. Such is my focus and I will do whatever is necessary to accomplish that end. Since it is likely that most of you would disgree with my intent to lift the suffering from the captive halfling swiftly, I will refrain from targeting him directly. However I make no promise that he will not take damage at my hands if such will bring an end to those who hold him."

Cor made his way to the tavern for an ale before retiring to his room for a quick nap. He knew his strength would be tested and there was no reason to begin the battle fatigued.


Posted on 2007-08-07 at 22:55:20.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Rayne

Rayne watches Cor as he makes his statements. She considers his words carefully. A friend may go down is the midst of battle by other friends weapons. such are the hazards of battle.

"We do not want something like this to happen, we do not want it to happen to us, but it does happen and Deities willing we can bring the dead back. I have taken Resurrection with that idea in mind but I have only one such spell to use this day. The rest of my spells I prayed for are offensive, defensive and healing. I plan to do battle with my weapons as well."


Posted on 2007-08-08 at 17:17:31.
Edited on 2007-08-08 at 23:08:01 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


Healing is good

"Resurection is a good choice Rayne. I myself have a Raise Dead spell prepared. Most other spells are healing for I intend my axe to be my main offense and failing that I will fight by keeping the other fighters alive. Somehow I fear that inspite of our efforts we will be a smaller party when we walk back theu the gate."


Posted on 2007-08-08 at 20:41:29.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.