The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3956 registered users. Our newest member is Kingsonu78.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Last Chance Gang Q&A (posted by breebles)Last Chance Q&A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by TannTalas)Firefly Serenity reboot
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by Bromern Sal)Space strategy game ideas
Recruitment Threads - Last Chance Gang Ideas/Planning (posted by Chessicfayth)Last Chance Gang
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by Talynthar)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Chain Mail Bikini
Price: $20.00



RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


Early Monday Post

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Early Monday Post
Posted on 11/15/2004 at 7:35:13 AM (CST)

The attack was sudden, its aftermath more so.As Hawk now lay unconscious on the floor..

The party as a unit did not need any orders from the Lady Dru to tell them what should be done.
Moving quickly they acted all with a purpose..

Alasdair was the first to react, at once attacking the water creature to distract it from another strike at a helpless Hawk.
His Longsword and Dagger, both swinging true, hit..But Both returned only wet, no damage it seemed had they done...


Moving quickly Conall reached the downed Ranger and without pause began pulling him to the safety of the fountain room.He felt the wind of a passing weapon very close to his face and knew without a glance it belonged to the Cleric Cor...


Cor knowing it would do nothing but delay what he believed to be a "Water Weird" from conducting its next attack, threw his warhammer hard and fast, with the skill of an expert, it passed very close to the Paladin the wind of its passing he knew the Paladin felt.
Water splashed, reformed, and once again Cor, his hammer did he hold.
Cor knew to fight this creature at this moment of time was pointless and voiced a general call to all to retreat...


But the creature dispite the blows against it was not yet finished.Again it attempted to hit the person it knew it could not miss, the one called Hawk..
But no hit did it score for where there had once been air, it now slammed into a newly formed Wall of Ice, retreating itself to the bath, it formed again once more, guarding, watching, waiting...


During this time all members of the party had without any further trouble gathered in the room of the fountain, and here did the discussion begin..
Questions were asked, answers were sought.Many a thought passed the party's lips.What was this creature, a Guardian or a trap, left here to protect, or left here to kill, none knew this answer for sure.But whatever its purpose a reason for it did they seek.
Yet all agreed something must lay beyond it for it to be eithier or neither, and magically it had been placed...


Finally it was decided the best possible course was to use Water against Water, the water of Freya's fountain, thier weapon it would be.
The best way was then decicded, the ladle of the fountain would be used as no string attached it, and the Bard/Driud, mayhap favored by Freya would again lead the way...


The water was gathered, the ladle made ready, the party was set...


Haila's quick thinking earlier had saved Hawk from another hard hit, her spell, cast she had at just the right time.Feeling happy and calm a smile was pasted to her face.
Then her head facing the the doorway to the room caught the sight of someone entering.Her face was ashen with shock when she saw that who had entered was one she had no desire to see, with a heavy sigh, an "oh why now" upon her lips, she promptly sat down hard on the fountain's edge...


The party seeing the color of Haila's face and the action of her sitting down, all turned to the fountain room's entrance, hands quickly reaching for weapons they saw calmly standing before them......Haila.!!
But this could not be for Haila yet sat at the fountain's edge.
Closer did they then look and though the women to thier front was the exact replica of the women behind them, many were the differences...


The women before them was not dressed in the armor of Chain Mail as the Haila behind them, but that of Studded Leather.
Her weapons too, were very unlike that of the girl sitting behind them.For she carried a Longsword and Shortsword sheathed across her hips, a Longbow with quiver and a coiled Whip on her back, and with Daggers in her boots, a large contrast to an oaken staff and throwing stars.
As the party still somewhat stunned, and somewhat confused attempted to make sense of this the Haila before them spoke her words directed at what was clearly at this point her twin...


"So Haila you just going to sit there all day or introduce me as I was asked to travel with this party, not you if not for the mistake of the King's stupid envoy thinking you were me I would have been here not you...
But alas here I am now so back to Celebrimbor you go...."


The leather clad Haila calmly looked over the party clearly gaging thier might as she awaited the sitting Haila's response.
As did the rest of the party as all thier eyes were on her now.....



OOC:okay everyone here is Mondays post I decided to post it early as it was a long one and I did not post Thursday.
Draker100 you are again clear to post as Hawk as the email I sent to your new E Address has not come back saying it was invalid.
Also everyone we have a new player her name is Dark Autumn she of course will be playing the new girl, so please everyone be nice to her. Though she has played alot in the free forum Threads, she has no Rules based Experience so I know everyone will help her if she needs it.
Welcome DA I hope you like this game.
Will again post on Thursday as normal and Mondays baring any R/L stuff.


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:16:41.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


23

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

And who be you?
Posted on 11/15/2004 at 1:31:48 PM (CST)

It took Cor a moment to get over the initial shock of seeing another Haila. Once she spoke it became obvious that she was a twin of their companion. 'This could get interesting. I wonder if she also has a nice, pettable pussy cat?' he thought. Then he heard the new arrival saying something about a mix-up and Haila not belonging here. She even went so far as to tell Haila to leave and return to what must be their homeland. "And who be you young lassy to be telling one of our number where to go? Perhaps you should introduce yourself a bit before giving orders to us. We are willing to listen and welcome additions to our little group. However, Lady Dru is in charge here and we take our direction from her, your sister included." Cor waited for an answer and hoped that this meeting would go well. It was only after speaking that he realized he still held his hammer in his hand. So, in order to show he was at ease and not a threat he slowly slipped it back into its holder. "In case you might be wondering who it is that addresses ye; I am Cor, war-cleric of Odin."

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

the other shoe..has dropped
Posted on 11/15/2004 at 2:36:11 PM (CST)

The wierd safely sealed behind the wall of ice Haila looked behind her checking on Hawk. As she turned she noticed a figure in the doorway. At first she thought it was a wererat, at second she wished it was.

Haila looked at her mirror image standing in the doorway. Shocked beyond belief Haila felt support comming from the fountains edge as a furry head butted her palm. Not to much so much sat as fell to the fountain scooping up the cat. The mage was admittedly confused. This wasn't going to be good.

Talia's first words could not have been more calculated to annoy her sibling. Shock rapidly faded into annoyance and Haila felt the curious sensation of a cat rolling it's eyes. Colour replaced the white in her face. A dull rose of anger crept into her cheeks. She reached over and touched Cor's arm and shook her head slightly. Talia immediately assuming her twin would do whatever she said was pretty par for the course. Haila reflected at least thier brother wasn't there to start in. Brows drawn in she peered anxiously passed her sister but saw only hallway. Haila mechanically relaxed her hold on the cat whose eyes were starting to bulge slightly. Considering her twin she said bitingly, "Hello Tails. I'm fine Tails even though I have been wounded twice doing Your stupid job. And thanks for asking Tails, means a lot." She bit off her speech before the part about wandering the corridors alone with wererats and goblins roaming about as it was obvious Taila had done just that.

Thinking about it she supposed it was nice that the other shoe had dropped so early on an otherwise miserable day. Looking in the doorway she really did wish it had been a wererat.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

(I am still here....)
Posted on 11/15/2004 at 5:55:06 PM (CST)

Af'til had been ashamed of himself for not being able to react accordingly durring the small moments of attack. By time he was done thinking of a plan for attack, Cor had already called for them to fall back. Now behind a wall of ice, the water weird was harmlessly at bay. Then when they had finally worked out a solution, a new developement occurred. Taila. Haila's sister had come claiming that the king had meant for her to be part of the group, not Haila. Af'til immediatly sensed... distaste between the two. Perhaps it was nothing more than sibling rivalry, or perhaps it was more. All Af'til knew was that Taila was telling Haila to go home.... and Af'til wasn't about to stand such a thing. Although he knew that if Lady Druisla spoke in favor of Taila he would have no way of helping Haila. If Druisla chose to have her leave, she would need to leave. This is why Af'til found it nesseccary to speak his mind before Druisla did. For her words were final. Adressing Taila, he said "What say do you have in this matter? Did the king in fact tell you to send word to your sister that she is to leave? If such is not the case then you have no authority to demand such a thing. I am both honored and charmed to welcome you, but I don't believe any of us would take too kindly to Haila leaving." (winking towards Cor and Connal)"Haila has proven herself to be our equal and is a vital part of our team. She has risked her life as willingly as any of us and she has proven to to be invaluable." Then looking to Druisla he said: "My lady, I have no say in whether or not Haila stays, but you have full authority. I beseech you to consider how much she has contributed thus far." With that Af'til fell silent with his violet eyes scanning everyone else. He did not like the Condescending scorn in Taila's voice. Not at all. He didnt believe that Haila would be leaving. He did however fear that bad blood would weaken the team. The act of sitting when addressed by Taila seemed to Af'til like an act of weakness or submissiveness. He hoped that the arrival of her sister would not change the nature of her behavior. She had a tendancy to take their minds off of the grim business at hand. It didnt take their guard down though.

(I appologize for the lack of consistancy. My internet access isnt what it should be!)

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

Twin Addition
Posted on 11/15/2004 at 7:45:35 PM (CST)

((OOC: “He did not like the Condescending scorn in Taila's voice” – NOT condescending scorn! thank you very much. Just bossy.))

Taila sat in the open field polishing her blades. Her long hair hung loose around her and blew gently in the wind as she concentrated on the task before her. She heard something in the distance and looked up to see a man running toward her, shouting and waving to get her attention. Her hand paused in it’s rhythmic motions over her blade, and she squinted slightly in an attempt to see him more clearly. As he came closer she recognized him as one of the King’s men. She sheathed her blade and rose to her feet to walk toward the man.

He came to a halt before her and paused, trying to catch his breath. After waiting for what she considered a reasonable amount of time, Taila asked, “What is it the King wants with me?” The man quickly explained that the King wanted an audience with her immediately. She quickly returned to her weapons and gathered them up. She turned to the man and with a quick motion of her hand said, “Lead the way.”

Taila was shown right in to the King. She bowed on one knee before him and lowered her head in the utmost respect for her King. With his permission she rose and looked up at him. He quickly explained to her that there had been a mix-up and her twin had been sent on a mission that was meant for her. Taila’s’ eyes grew wide and flared with anger. Out of respect for her King, however, she kept a calm, if not strained, voice:

“My King. How long has she been on this journey? How can I know that she is even still alive? She is not one for these kinds of missions, your majesty. What if she were hurt?!” She took a deep breath to calm herself, and lowered her eyes. “I beg your pardon my King, please forgive my audacity in speaking in such a manner to you. It’s just that my sister…” The King cut her off and his voice was filled with understanding as he told her she was to immediately meet up with the group, and continue on the journey with them. She nodded in agreement, “Yes, my King, I will go immediately.”

And so it was that, with the Kings command and blessing, Taila set out to find the group, and more importantly her sister. She prayed every second that her sister was alive and well. She was certain that Haila must be alive or she would have felt the loss…but she could not be sure. After all, she’d never lost a twin before, seeing as how Haila was her only twin. Never having been one for crying, or such emotions as that, she steeled herself against it and rode at full speed. Stopping only to feed and water her horse, and allow it sufficient rest, before riding on.

Finally Taila reached what appeared to be a temple. She saw signs that the group, for which she searched, may have gone inside. She secured her horse to a tree, and went inside. Once inside she could hear faint sounds coming through a corridor. She began to follow the sounds. She quickly made her way through the halls. The sounds soon became clearer and she could hear what sounded like fighting. She followed the noise ‘till she stood in the doorway of a room occupied by several people. A quick scan of the group told her she was certainly in the right place. Her eyes fell on her twin and after a quick once over, she saw her sister appeared to be fine and she smirked. She crossed her arms over her chest and waited a moment. Her sister turned and looked up at her. After a second, Taila could see her sister was not happy to see her. Haila sat on the fountain’s edge and said not one word. After a slightly awkward moment, Taila said :

"So, Haila, you just going to sit there all day or introduce me? I was the one who was asked to travel with this party, not you. If not for the mistake of the King's stupid envoy thinking you were me I would have been here instead of you...But alas here I am now, so back to Celebrimbor you go...."

Taila was barely finished with her words when someone spoke up, "And who be you young lassy to be telling one of our number where to go? Perhaps you should introduce yourself a bit before giving orders to us. We are willing to listen and welcome additions to our little group. However, Lady Dru is in charge here and we take our direction from her, your sister included.”

With a slightly arched brow, Taila looked this person over, head to foot, and back up, looking him straight in the eyes, a slightly amused look in her eyes, and a smile on her face. She considered him for a moment noting that he held his weapon in his hands. She glanced at her sister slightly uncertain about what he’d said, then back at the dwarf before her. He put his weapon away, then he introduced himself, "In case you might be wondering who it is that addresses ye; I am Cor, war-cleric of Odin.”

She nodded in acknowledgement of his introduction, and extended her hand to shake his, “My name is Taila Torren, and as I am sure you can all see, I am Haila’s twin. I am the one the King wanted in this group. As I stated in speaking to my sister a moment ago, the King’s idiotic envoy mixed myself up with my twin and as such, the wrong twin was sent on this little escapade.” Taila looked pointedly at her sister, then back at the one who’d spoken to her, “She was not supposed to be here. I was. Therefore, the King, realizing his envoy’s mistake, immediately set to rectify the wrong, and here I am.” She turned to her twin again and smiled sweetly, “Now, Haila…”

Taila’s words were cut short when her sister said, "Hello Tails. I'm fine Tails even though I have been wounded twice doing Your stupid job. And thanks for asking Tails, means a lot."

Choosing to ignore her sister’s jabs in calling her “Tails”, she put her hands on her hips and laughed slightly, “My dear Haila, do not try to put the blame on me. YOU chose to go on this job. You should have come to me immediately and let me know I was needed to do the King’s bidding again. You should have known the idiot had spoken to the wrong twin. You have only yourself, and the idiot who mixed us up, to blame for you being here instead of me. Now, get your things together an….”

Again she was cut short when another spoke to her, she looked toward this one as he said, “What say do you have in this matter? Did the king in fact tell you to send word to your sister that she is to leave? If such is not the case then you have no authority to demand such a thing. I am both honored and charmed to welcome you, but I don't believe any of us would take too kindly to Haila leaving. Haila has proven herself to be our equal and is a vital part of our team. She has risked her life as willingly as any of us and she has proven to to be invaluable." Then before she could respond he spoke to one who appeared to be leading the group. The one whom the dwarf had refered to as Dru, "My lady, I have no say in whether or not Haila stays, but you have full authority. I beseech you to consider how much she has contributed thus far."


Taila could hardly believe what these people had said about her sister. She looked at Haila with a new expression. Then, as if just realizing what her sister had said, and combined with what this man had just said, she looked Haila over again, a concerned frown disrupting her features. She walked over to her sister as she said, “What do you mean you were wounded twice?!” then she looked up at the man who’d just spoken, “And what do you mean she has risked her life?!” she turned back to her sister, “Where, how, …” she shook her head in frustration, “What happened?!” she looked at the others in surprise, then turned back to her sister, and sat next to her, a questioning look on her face…?

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Well met, so far
Posted on 11/15/2004 at 11:05:58 PM (CST)

Cor saw teh new arrival offer her hand after taking teh time to look him over. 'The girls always seem to check me out, must be the fine beard.' he thought to himself as he reached out and shook the offered hand.


"Well met, perhaps you'd like a drink to cleanse your throat after you hard journey?" Cor reached back and loosened the wineskin full of dwarven ale. He took a long pull, swished it, gargled it and then swallowed (he looked at Connal with a grin as he did this) and then held it out to Taila. "Careful darling, it has a bit of a kick to it."


"Your sister has indeed been brave on this adventure. From what I've seen the king's envoy chose the right woman for the job the first time. And if he chose to send you also then I believe you will be every bit as useful as your sister has already proven to be. Right now we have a water weird to deal with but if you'd allow us a moment or two to deal with it we can all sit and discuss the matter properly."


Cor turned back to Dru. "Shouldn't you proceed in destroying the weird so we can find a safer place to talk than this hallway?



jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

am i actually supposed to talk?
Posted on 11/16/2004 at 6:45:12 AM (CST)

At a somewhat piercing shreik from her sister Haila winced. While it was nice to hear what her new comrads thought about her it was rather annoying to be talked about and not to. She smiled her thanks at Af'til and Cor for defending her. Her sister's opinions on the matter really were too rediculous to reply to. Of course she told Warrik he had the wrong twin. He assumed she was Talia and deserting the King's service and threatened her with the headman's axe. Did Talia really think she was enjoying herself? She settled for a simple "I'm fine," directed at her twin and left it at that.

Bending from her perch on the fountain side she ignored her sister with the ease of 19 years of practice-She studied her wall of Ice...nice handywork there actually...Laffing to herself she asked the air "So did anyone happen to pack a really BIG ice pick?" She pondered melting the wall but she assumed someone else had a better plan.

She tried to remain calm but honestly was no one going to even ask what I want? Niamedris' thoughts drifted into her own~you want to feed the cat. And that is the theme for my life.

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

Sibling Rivalry
Posted on 11/16/2004 at 7:23:15 AM (CST)

((Back-tracking to the handshake))

Taila smiled as Cor shook her hand then watched amusedly as he quite loudly took a drink of the liquid in his wineskin. She laughed good-humouredly and shook her head when he offered her a drink. “I do thank you ever so kindly for the offer, Mr. Cor. I do not, however, drink much of anything stronger than juice or water.” With a quick nod of her head in thanks to Cor, she turned to her twin again and smiled sweetly…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
((Back to the point where she is concerned and awaiting a response from Haila regarding “What happened”))

The look of concern quickly turned to a mask of indifference when her sister shunned her with the quick, “I’m Fine” and proceeded to ignore her. She sighed inwardly knowing she’d brought this upon herself. She knew her own behavior had caused her sister’s disdain for her. She also knew that she, herself, had not really changed yet either. But she had resolved that she was going to try to be better, and hoped and prayed that as a result her relationship with her sister would be a better one. She loved her sister so much and could not stand the bitterness that met her at every turn when dealing with her twin.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Cor spoke again. Taila looked up and listened intently as he spoke of her sister.

"Your sister has indeed been brave on this adventure. From what I've seen the king's envoy chose the right woman for the job the first time. And if he chose to send you also then I believe you will be every bit as useful as your sister has already proven to be. Right now we have a water weird to deal with but if you'd allow us a moment or two to deal with it we can all sit and discuss the matter properly."

Taila arched a slender brow at Cor's words, taking slight offense to them as he mentioned that her sister had been the right twin after all. Her offense quickly died, however, when he followed it with the bit about her being just as usefull. She reminded herslef that she'd never worked with this particular group before and so she would have to prove herself to them, as her twin apparently already had. She nodded in agreement with Cor when he mentioned they should finish dealing with the problem at hand and save the discussion for later. She then looked over to the wall of ice as if noticing it for the first time. She chuckled slightly at her sister’s words regarding a large ice pick. Taila stood back and chose to allow them to finish with this water weird business. She figured she could step in if needed. With that thought she stepped aside to give room for whatever the group needed to do.

At this point, the pack hanging from her side began to move. She smiled softly as she opened the top. Two little heads popped out of the bag and watched with intent curiosity as the scene unfolded before their tiny little eyes.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

As the cookie crumbles
Posted on 11/17/2004 at 3:35:03 PM (CST)

Sensing the tone of the newcomer's introduction shift somewhat, Alasdair relaxed his grip on his long sword, allowing it to slowly slide back into its scabbard. Knowing that he himself is a new member to the group, he watches and listens carefully to what the sisters and others say about their current situation. Alasdair is happy upon hearing such favorable words for Lady Haila and equally impressed that they have had their affect upon her sister.

Seeing genuine concern on Lady Taila's face upon hearing of her sister's own injuries, he looks around and shifts back to the business at hand. This allowing the two a moment of privacy from at least his own curiousity and prying eyes. He begins to move about seeking to see if there may yet be any further surprises for his new group of companions.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Fixing Hawk
Posted on 11/17/2004 at 9:15:07 PM (CST)

Conall still working on the down Hawk heard the plan and made sure Hawk would be ok. Then it happened, ‘I knew there could not be just one of Haila.’ As the plan was put on hold Conall went back to tending his fallen comrade and keeping an ear bent to the conversation in the room. ‘Upfront is where you find yourself Hawk so…’ Conall cast his cure moderate and cure light on Hawk. Conall sat on the floor and listened.

As Haila walked by Conall stood and walked with her to the ice wall, “Your family, it seems to leave the same taste in your mouth as my family does mine. There are many in the Glendower house that would soil their armor if they knew what I was doing here. Then again I do not know what I am doing here.” Conall looked for some kind of smile. “People who speak to us in such a manner are only looking out for us and our well being. I dare say your sister has her own strange way of showing it. Haila, what do you wish to do? I would hope that you would stay with use and at the journeys end give me that dance that we have talked about. You have already heard there are some among use that speak highly of you and would not see you go. I am one of those.” Conall paused as he realizes his words may have just been out of line.

“Well enough of that, what are we going to do to get around this wall?” Scratching his chin, “It seems a waist to dispel such a lovely wall.”

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

The gnome don't bite, unless yah want him too...
Posted on 11/18/2004 at 3:56:03 AM (CST)

Cesair had to admit to himself that, somewhere between all of the disscussion of what to do about the water wierd, he had become a little bored, that is until the newcomer had appeared. To say that the gnome was surprised to be looking at an exact copy of Haila was a bit of an understatement. His ice blue eyes wide and mouth agape, he stared for a moment or two. If it had not been for the fact that she was differently attired and that Haila seemed to know her, he would have thought this Taila was a doppelganger.

Cesair hung back a moment as introductions were made between protestations against the pretty Haila's depature, and as he hung back he studied Taila. Duplicate births such as this were very rare if not nonexhistant for gnomes and through all of his travels he had only seen one such set of human 'twins' (as they were called by humans). So here was an opportunity for study. Aside from the uncanny physical resemblance they seemed to be like night and day in personality. Haila was gregarious and a bit of a flirt while her twin seemed more 'spit and polish' military, more professional-like. Taila moved with a bit of a swagger, one of a self sure soldier with just a hint of female charm while Haila had a womanly sway about her. Cesair's eyes followed up Taila's curves from toe to head. Mmmmmmmm, he thought to himself, there be somethin' about a well armed woman, tis a shame she is sooooo tall.

When she steps back from the others to let the group figure out what to do about the trapped water weird, Cesair sees his chance to introduce himself. The gnome saunters his way over to her and putting out his nimble little hand introduces himself, "Ah lassie, I am Cesair Willowstick, freelance security specialist."

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

A friendly Gnome
Posted on 11/18/2004 at 5:16:03 PM (CST)

Taila eyed the wall of ice admiringly. She was fairly sure that her twin had been the artist for that wall. She chuckled slightly to herself as she remembered the time her sister had trapped her in her own room with a similar wall of ice to get away from her constant bossy behavior one day. It had taken Taila a full 2 days of waiting for the ice to melt, and picking at it with the handle of her then tiny dagger, to get out….

The memory faded as she noticed a gnome walking her way. She hid her surprise that anyone in this group would approach her. She got the sinking impression that she was not well received here. She wanted to kick herself for coming off immediately with the bossy command to her sister. She had told herself time and again, during her hard ride here, that she would not do that if…when she found her sister alive and well. But she had been so relieved to see her sister she actually almost cried, and immediately hid it behind her bossy demeanor.

Now she looked down at the gnome who approached her and gave him a friendly smile. She was slightly surprised when he introduced himself, and her smile grew slightly wider. She accepted the small man’s hand and shook it, “I am most delighted to meet you Sir Cesair Wilowstick. I am Taila Torren, Haila’s twin.” She grinned slightly and with a teasing wink to the gnome, and a slight jerk of her head in her sister’s direction, she said, “I’ve never been able to figure out why people think we look so much alike. Do you see any family resemblance?”

After a moment, Taila’s expression grew slightly more serious, though a smile remained on her lips. She asked the gnome, “Might I ask what is behind that wall beyond the water creature?

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Magic for magic?
Posted on 11/18/2004 at 5:33:57 PM (CST)

Looking at the ice wall, Af'til came up with a suggestion. As he drew his mace he said "well i now ask of everyone with a bludgeoning weapon to pitch in. I never thought that being able to create such a sturdy barrier would be a bad thing...*winks at Haila*. Unless you would all rather me waste a fireball on it so nobody has to break a sweat!" Knowing that with Cor helping him the wall would be down in no time he waited for Cor to volunteer his help. Meanwhile he looked at Taila. My my...... two very fine looking girls in the group... Elves were generally far more pleasing to look at than humans, but these two were testament to the fact that generally doesnt mean always. Of course the finest lady of his kind would far exceed the beauty of any woman in all of the world, but he didnt quite care about that fact at the moment. "By the way, My name is Af'til. I ask of you..... What skills are you trained in?"

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

this is the second time doing this post
Posted on 11/18/2004 at 10:01:00 PM (CST)

Haila pushed herself of the fountain's edge. Her knees had shook when she faced the water weird but after seeing what it had done to Hawk she supposed it was only natural. Looking at her sister she figured she could take her...heck living with a cat for four years had taught her how not to play fair.


She set Naimedris down on the ledge she had been sitting she walked over to the wall of ice. She too remembered barracading her sister in her room. Connal spoke to her softly and she laughed with the paladin when he described his own family. When he asked he what she wanted to do it was as if he had echoed her very thoughts she blinked very hard and looked up at him. "No one ever seems to ask me that. People just seem to tell me what to do a lot. Maybe I should be the one in the army? It doesn't really matter wha i want now does it really after all," she tried to mimic the paladin's deep voice and foreign accent "'Goblin, Trolls, and such only work together under strong leadership. I dare say that goblins and or trolls may still walk these halls and a pretty thing like you would make them quite the prize.' That last bit is what you should have said by the way." Haila laughed at her own joke fully herslef again.

Af'til approached with his mace in hand after the first blows drug out some deep gouges an idea began to form. Haila peeked about Alisdair and saw Cor offering the wineskine to her tein. Haila would have swallowed her tounge if Taila had accepted but predictably she didn't. The mage looked back at the marks being torn into the block of ice and did two things. First she called to Dire who was gamboling about the trees, thankfully with all 4 legs on the ground, to him she silently commanded one thing "FETCH". Dire took off in pursuit of his target. To Cor she called out, "Well I'll take some of that if she won't." In retrospect that seemed somewhat childish. But done is done and besides wouldn't they be surprised.

She dug our her knitting needles and took the offered wineskin a small sip for herself then she called to At'fil "Ok stop trying to impress us with your big muscles let me have a go." She playfully hipchecks him mindful of her armoured state. Wineskin in her left needles clutched in her right she began to dig into the ice making hole sloping downward when she had made enough she poured some of the spirits into the holes. She stoppered the wineskin and handed it to the cleric. They were all sort of looking at her like she was slightly mad. Unable to resist temptation she quipped, "I like my spirits on the rocks."

Dire came running back to her the torch she had bewitched earliershe grabbed the torch (ewwwww dog spit) and held it at arms length after pausing a second to think about it she covered her eyebrows with one hand. The flames licked the spirits and a gushing noise filled her ears as she hopped back the ice mealting under the heat. It was hard to tell but she thought she had heard a small splash when the spirits lit up.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Right Nigh on Blasphemy!!!
Posted on 11/19/2004 at 12:16:01 AM (CST)

Cor's hand that moments ago held a wine skin now held only air. The blur that passes him took the wineskin to Haila who had just voiced her willingness to have a drink. 'Well there is hope for her' thought Cor. Then she cut a small hollow in the ice and poured the ale in it. Cor watched with interest and was happy when she said shw liked her spirits "on the rocks". Then the fool woman did something so unthinkable it took Cor by complete surprise. She burned the alcohol! "Aye, have ya gone daft woman!?" he cried. As a dwarf, Cor held his drink in high regard and such a waste was secong only to insulting Odin in its magnitude. With a vein on his head obviuosly attempting to free itself from the skin that encased it he flung his hammer full force at the wall. "I'll take that wall down myself before I see ya waste more of that fine nector." As the hammer returned to his hand and he prepared to throw again, Cor began to calm himself. "Sorry youngone, I forget sometimes that others do not hold spirits in such high regard as dwarves do. But, I'll be takin back my wineskin now if ya please."


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:18:51.
Edited on 2006-09-19 at 02:20:56 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


Catch 22

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Catch 22
Posted on 11/19/2004 at 8:50:25 AM (CST)

The arrival of Haila's twin sister Taila had for a brief moment thrown the party into disarry.
But as they had demostrated in the past they once again pulled together...

As Af'til called for help in bashing down the wall Haila wanting to perhaps show her sister she had what it took and the right more so then Taila to stay came up with a plan all at once her own.
She knew the Water Weird had to be destroyed for the party to pass, but alas the Wall of Ice now blocking the attack of the water creature in turn blocked the party's movement forward as well a catch 22 if ever one was to be found in this magical world...


So moving quickly ahead with her plan she easily grabbed Cor's wineskin from his hand and a torch from her dog Dire and before anyone knew what to expect she poured whiskey on Ice and fire to both and quickly a hole appeared running through the Ice to the other side of the wall.
Without a word, but a smile on her face, she bowed to the party and showed them the hole.

It took no hard thinking on anyone's part as to its use, the time now had come for the Lady Dru to act.
Still carefully holding the Ladle of fountain water she moved close to the hole and with the slightest of ease cast water upon water into the bath...

The first few moments were quiet as if nothing had been gained in this endeavor.
Then without warning the water of the bath exploded, Ice flew like missiles from the shattered wall none of which luckly hit the party, but landing all around...

After the sound returned and Ice flew no more did the party move in to see what had been wrought.
The bath area to thier surprise was GONE.!! No water, no Weird, no bath just a blackened room and a hole in the floor where the bath had once been.The door to the east, also having been blown off its frame hung silently from a last piece of strap.
It was clear, danger here lurked no more...

Ulthok moving once more into the lead, did a clear check of the eastern door no traps were found. Moving through it the party found before them a 40x80 room clearly a study hall of the type, 4 large tables with many chairs were found to be in its center and along its walls.
a large number of books and texts clearly both opened and closed were scattered everywhere as if left alone in a hurry.But no sign's of violence, the party's trained eyes did find.
along the walls 3 doors did they see, 2 to the east with the third to the west.The northern most eastern door was clearly open as it slanted into the room...

Then it was Cesair taking his turn on point moved carefully to the open door.Taking nothing for granted he also did a through sweep for traps finding none, but unlike the others before it, a lock this door had.
Peering into the room before him he was surprised to see "Chao's"!!.

For chao's is what this small 30x30 room had become.
Clearly once a personal bed chamber it now was a complete shambles.
The bed overturned, the wall locker on its side beaten and dented yet still locked.The small chester drawers destroyed thier contents everywhere, a mass of clothing lining the floor like trash.It is clear to all a fight happened here but no blood to find, no signs of wounds given or taken, the smell of perfume heavy in the air.
Someone once lived here and not so very long ago......


(OOC:okay all here it is, make of it whatcha will.
I will post again on Monday, but there will be no post next Thursday as it is Thanksgiving and most everyone I am sure has plans. But I will post on that Friday so don't fear.
also check the Fantasy main thread I have posted an Idea for the group to ponder and I would like your feed back have a great weekend)


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:22:09.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


24

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

As the dust and smoke clear
Posted on 11/19/2004 at 6:24:51 PM (CST)

Conall finds a moment to speak with Haila, “You see you can put people in their place. You just did a fine job putting me in mine. That is my job, keeping all but fighters safe and away from the pointy things evil creatures employ. As fare as a bath, it looks as though none of use will get one now.” Taking in a sniff of the air, “I dare say you can still smell nice when we find the source of that fragrance.”

As Conall enters the study he scans the room and sees no apparent danger takes a moment to pass words to Cor, “Did you see what Haila did with the ice and drink? I liked it all the way up to the point where the flames licked the drink. What say you to this? If we place a small wall of ice on a table with one end lifted up slightly, say sitting on two wooden shields stacked on top of one another. Then dig out a channel for liquid to flow from the top end to the lower end. OK here is the good part… a very good looking bar wench pours drink into the channel at the top end, the drink will run down the channel and into the receptacle waiting on the other end. Gargle, swish, swallow and then inhale. I dare say that would make the eyes water.” Patting the dwarf on the shoulder, “Ponder that for a moment.”

Conall walked up to Taila, “I am Conall Glendower of the House Glendower. If the king has sent you then you must be highly thought of. If you handle yourself half as good as Haila then your are worthy of friendship.” Conall extended and empty weapon hand in friendship. In a low whisper, “I would watch out for Father Cor, he can be testy at times.”

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Greetings and Searching Anew
Posted on 11/19/2004 at 8:48:25 PM (CST)

Trying to hide his amusement at Lady Haila's creative use of the contents in the dwarf's wineskin, Alasdair headed towards Lady Talia and with a small bow, "Greetings Lady Talia Torran, I am Lord Alasdair MacKenzie of Callahorn and it is a pleasure to meet a family member of Lady Haila's. Though I've not known her for a long time, I can attest to the claims of her fellow companions.

For my own, I would say that you would indeed be a welcome addition to our group, but as others have pointed out that appears to be the Lady Dru's decision." With a wink and a smile, "But lass, I do think that you'll be staying, so long as you don't waste the dwarf's sweet nectar as your sister has just done."

Drakar100
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Hawk awakens from his nice long nap.
Posted on 11/19/2004 at 10:05:13 PM (CST)

"huh darn i am awake who woke me up i was enjoying my nap kept me out of fight which i am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad one as i dont get to beat anything up but i guess it is kind of good because i take no wounds. So who woke me up and did you kill what tried to kill me it was some fight i hope i wish i could have watched it as you got back at it for me. so where is it i want to stab it good."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

A moment to ponder such delights....
Posted on 11/19/2004 at 10:09:18 PM (CST)

The newcomer Taila took his offered hand and inturn introduced herself, she then proceeded to jokingly ask him if there was any resemblance between her and her fair sister. Ahhhh, this one has a sense of humor it would seem. Cesair, always the one for levity responded in kind.

"Hmmmm, let me see." He proceeded to walk around Taila as if he were inspecting her, almost as if he was checking her for traps, when he had made a 360 around her he stroked his chin as if deep in thought, "There be a passing resemblance lassie, I will say that but if one looks close enough they can see tha' you both are quite different." He decided that this Taila would be a fun addition to this group.

Having made his inspection, he turned to watch as the resorceful Haila solved the problem of the ice wall without the use of a spell. Clever girl she is, he thought. After the rather explosive demise of the water weird, the group moved into and through the room, while some of them gazed at the books, Cesair moved to one of the nearby doors, and after checking for traps and unlocking a door he opened it to reveal a tottally trashed room.

"Chaos...." He muttered to himself, once again, no signs of struggle or battle, no blood, no bodies, most likely a person gathering valuables in haste, fleeing before the marauding force.

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

An Amazing Sister!
Posted on 11/20/2004 at 5:09:36 PM (CST)

With a slight arch of her delicate brow, Taila tried to keep from grinning while Cesair inspected her so closely. As he walked all the way around her, she followed his movements with her eyes, moving only her head as she watched him. She laughed slightly and smiled brightly at him when he said, “There be a passing resemblance lassie…” She decided this gnome was quite likable and that he had a good sense of humor. She liked that. “I will say that but if one looks close enough they can see tha' you both are quite different.”

Taila was about to respond to his comment, when she saw another approaching. She looked up, the same friendly smile on her lips. The one who approached stopped before her and bowed slightly, then introduced himself. She extended her hand to him, and gave a respectful nod, “The pleasure is all mine, Lord MacKenzie of Callahorn.”

Taila listened to what he had to say regarding, Haila. She looked toward her sister and quirked an eyebrow at what she was doing. Her hand stilled in Lord MacKenzie’s, as she shook it. She watched intently for a moment, her eyes fixed on her sister's actions. Suddenly she grinned wide and her chest puffed out slightly as she felt quite proud of her Twin’s genius. With a quite satisfied grin on her face, she gave one more gentle, yet firm shake of the hand, and released his.

“As I am quite sure you know by now, I am Taila Torren, sister and twin to Haila. And I find I must agree,” she looked again toward her double, then back at Lord MacKenzie, “that my sister has indeed flourished in this group she’s been a part of. I’ve never seen her so witty, and … well just downright brilliant!” she motioned to what Haila was doing, “I mean just look at what she’s doing!” with a slight laugh of amazement, Taila shook her head.

Her attention turned, once again, to Lord MacKenzie as he spoke, “For my own, I would say that you would indeed be a welcome addition to our group, but as others have pointed out that appears to be the Lady Dru's decision."

Taila raised an eyebrow at these words. She’d been sent here personally by the King himself afterall. So to her mind, Lady Dru had no say in this matter, but she wisely kept her thoughts to herself. She knew she would respect Lady Dru’s authority in any commands given, but she also knew that she was here to stay, by the King’s own word spoken directly to her from him. She saw Lord MacKenzie wink and smile at her, "But lass, I do think that you'll be staying, so long as you don't waste the dwarf's sweet nectar as your sister has just done."

Taila laughed slightly and nodded, “Yes, I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.” With a wink of her own she looked toward her sister again, and watched as the fire was lit and began to burn down the liquid, and begin to melt the ice.

Moments later the wall of ice exploded. Taila ducked slightly, and instinctively she reached her arms around both the Cesair and Lord MacKenzie, with the intentions of pulling them down to the ground and covering them from any flying debris. She raised her shield to protect her own head. Seconds later, the sound of the explosion died down. She moved her shield from over her head and a quick look around the room told her what happened. She did not see her twin.

“HAILA?!” She screamed as she instantly leapt to her feet. Her eyes filled with fear as she ran towards where her sister had been standing. She was about to yell for her sister again, but instead she stopped short when she saw her. She took a deep breath, her hand going to her chest before her heart, and slowly exhaled. “Are you alright, D.T.?!”

She walked over to her sister and hugged her. “Don’t ever do that again!” She said in a slightly bossy tone, yet laced with concern and care as well. “Please.” She added a bit sheepishly, after she realized that she probably just sounded like a bossy sister again. She grimaced slightly at the rejection she knew would come ..

A quick look around told Taila that the rest of the group was quite fine as well. Once they had all collected themselves they moved past the space where the wall and water weird had once been. She chuckled softly to herself as they passed through, again amazed at her sister’s quick, and smart, thinking.

Into a room filled with desks, chairs, and books & scrolls they went. Taila looked around with a keen eye. Leaving no spot unseen. As Cesair made quick work of inspecting the door and unlocking it, another walked up to her, “I am Conall Glendower of the House Glendower. If the king has sent you then you must be highly thought of. If you handle yourself half as good as Haila then your are worthy of friendship.”

He extended his hand to her and she smiled in slight surprise at his words. She accepted his hand, and shook it with a sure confidence, which she hoped would hide her lingering insecurity, “Thank you Sir Glendower. I am Taila Torren” At this point she figured everyone realized she was Haila’s twin so she did not bother to say it again.

She leaned in slightly to hear his words as he whispered, “I would watch out for Father Cor, he can be testy at times.” She chuckled slightly, but was unsure how to take these words. Did this man have something against this Father Cor? Or was he, like the others, saying this in jest. She put these thoughts away for later consideration, after she had more time to observe the group and how they interacted with each other.

She looked up and peered through the now open door, past Cesair, to see the room in a shambles. With a smile she gave a slight nod to Sir Glendower she moved toward the door to see more clearely. Her eyes scanned the room for any signs whatsoever that would give them any clue as to who once lived there, and why they left in such a hurry. IF the person even left of their own free will, or were taken. “So, what do you think, Cesair?”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

One way to clear a room
Posted on 11/20/2004 at 11:01:19 PM (CST)

Cor heard and felt the explosion that resulted from the cobination of water inhabited by the weird and that from Freya's fountain. He was glad the ice wall took shielded them from the majority of the damage. The room was in shambles.

"Impressive. Never seen anything like that before." Cor said to Dru as he looked into what used to be the bath. "Any thoughts on our new arrival?" Cor noted that Dru was about the only one not to give an opinion of Taila yet.

Cor moved closer to Taila after the rest of the group had a chance to speak to her. "We are indeed a fun loving group and banter flows freely. But be not mistaken, any here would give their life for any other. I noticed a pair of beady eyes peering from your pack a bit ago. I am certain you are not so unobservant that packrats could have taken residence in your pack unnoticed. So, what manner of creatures do you tote?"

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Getting on with things
Posted on 11/20/2004 at 11:56:39 PM (CST)

Ulthok stands watching the drama of Halia’s sisters arrival unfold in the room, as is his usual way he pays close attention but stays clear. Having siblings also he is aware of the many forms sibling rivalry can take, and if these two are to travel with the group and be useful they will have to work out their problems themselves. Talia looks very much like her sister and the other males in the group all make sure she knows who they are. Ulthok will make his introduction at a more proper time they need to be getting on with what they where doing. The Lady Dru has been standing with the fountain ladle ready to go for awhile and he was about to suggest they get on with it when Af’Til starts pounding out a hole in the ice with his mace.

That might be a really good idea for Drusilia to toss the water in through a hole like that it will keep her from getting to close to that weird.

Then Halia using some of Cors special spirts she melts a nice hole in the ice by setting the spirts a flame. Ulthok thought Cor was going to pop a vein when he saw what she was doing, but it worked real well. Finally Dru walked forward and tossed in the water.WOW what an awesome explosion, but the water weird was gone and so was the tub and the ice wall and just about anything else that had been in the room.

Getting back to work he checks the eastern door for any danger and finding none the group moves into the room a study room of sorts. Once again three more doors are found in this room, but one of them stands open. While Cesair moves to check the area around the open door Ulthok speaks to Hawk.



How are you feeling my good man that was quite a blow you took from that water thing. Anyways tell me Hawk you are a ranger do you feel like we may be closing in on our quarry? For some reason I keep feeling like we are missing something, but my intuition is not very good.

Once the next room is declared safe and they enter it is in shambles Clothing scattered all about the dresser is smashed and scattered but one item a wall locker layed beaten and dented but still locked.

Lady Dru maybe there is something in that locker that might tell us whose room this was I’m going to check it over and attempt to open it.

Moving up to the locker Ulthok uses his skills to check the locker over checking along the gaps around the door the hinges and the lock itself. Once satisfied he using his picks he attempts to open the locker.

Althena Sunblayze
SomeWhere Else
Posted on 11/22/2004 at 5:46:16 AM (CST)

She awoke to find herself incased in darkness, her body a mass of bruise's and pain from the beatings she had so far been given.
She knew that they would not kill her untill they got from her what Karza needed.But a good beating and the inflicting of pain was surely for them ok.

It seemed as if days, but maybe only hours since they had attacked the Monastery in strength and with but a single purpose...Her Capture...if not for that she would now be as dead as the priests and the unit of soldiers assigned to her as bodyguards.

She sat alone in the dark scared for her future and knowing of the real pain soon to come, for she held the one thing no one else had `Information.`She felt very alone her inherent powers no match for the Wizard/Cleric and the Dark Cloaked one, though his face had she not seen she knew him for what he was.

The evil coming off both was strong, yet the evil of the Cloaked one was stronger and the Wizard/Cleric clearly looked to him as leader or something such.When he had touched her to place her across the Red Dragon's back positioned in front of him, she had very nearly been sick and after witnessing the dragon's final grusome act she found herself beginning to pass out , helped along by the spell of sleep.

But now she was again awake and very much alone.For the first time in her 453 years of life her deepest fear was about to be realized, for if her adopted father King Uthgar did not send help soon, the world of Trilogy was doomed!!.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Some ale..
Posted on 11/22/2004 at 5:56:56 PM (CST)

Using his elven swiftness to dodge whatever flying ice debris there were, Af'til was untouched by the blast. "Maybe I dont want some of that ale....." He said as he looked at the damage. It must have been quite strong to be that volatile! Now they were all looking into a room that had been torn by chaos. Their was no blood though. No bodies had been found yet. Did the people just up and dissappear?
The issue before the group puzzled him greatly. What or who did this?

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Dwarven ale
Posted on 11/22/2004 at 7:55:32 PM (CST)

Cor heard Af'til's coment about not wanting any ale and saw from the look in his eyes that he had judged it potency. "Aye, I am not wanting that ale myself either. Tis a bit weak and mild mannered. The good stuff is in the other skin lad. Care for a nip?"

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

A thought or two on chaos....
Posted on 11/23/2004 at 4:12:06 AM (CST)

As the halfling began to check the locker for traps and work on its lock, Cesair began to have a look about the room. His new friend Taila asked him for his opinion. Indeed, there was alot on his mind, so much that he had meant to say since he first arrived on the scene, and now one had asked for his opinion.

"Well lassie, someone was after something or someone that was 'ere in this room, an' they were in a hurry. Too much o' a hurry ta finish bustin open yonder locker. I also believe tha' the woman your group was sent 'ere ta find was here, takin by force for sure."

He turns to look at the rest of the group, each in turn and his eyes finally rest on Drusilla. "I noticed when I entered this place, the scorch marks outside, and the great claw marks all about. I figured then tha' a dragon was used to attack this place but held out hope tha' the woman you sought had somehow managed to evade them tha' sought her. Struggle, no body, she is perhaps long gone from 'ere."

He takes a deep breath and releases it with a heavy sigh, one that seems to big for such a small fellow. "We have yet to see any bodies of those tha' defended this place within an I doubt we will. If a dragon did attack all of the defenders most likely died without. It might be prudent ta have someone take a piece o' the lass' clothes and do a bit o' scrying ta see where the lass is now and the ranger and meself could check and make sure if it was a dragon."


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:25:42.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


The Opening of a Lock

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

The Opening of A Lock
Posted on 11/23/2004 at 7:50:12 AM (CST)

The party found themself's in yet another room this one a study area. 3 doors it did have one slightly ajar.Cesair checking for traps and looking inside an open door gave his report....


Without any hesitation, Ulthok moved forward and proceeded to check the fallen locker for traps and finding none unlock it.The lock he saw was very well made and not very old at all, but his skill (though it took him longer then normal), prevailed...


Inside he found fewer things then expected...
A set of very finely woven clothes clearly to his trained eye magically enhanced, and in a female style of design.
A cloak also of fine make and rich in the style and texture of its weave , again most likely magical he thought.
A small silver Ingraved ring fitted as to fit the hand of a small child or that of a slim lady.
A set of 4 polished daggers, light and well balanced the steel as bright as new.
A sturdy set of boots rugged and well used yet the leather almost as new.
But it was the final Item in the locker that really caught his eye, and with a raised eyebrow the words he did read, on the cover of a diary ~Althena Sunblayze~


Almost forgeting himself he began to reach for and almost took the diary into his hand. But then he saw the series of magical Runes upon its surface, and his hand quickly moved away. turning to find the party he gave them a report on what had he found...


During this time Cesair had been talking with the Lady Dru of some of his Suspicions to this point, when the lower door on the east wall caught his eye...


Walking over to it he gave it a quick look noticing That this door unlike the many others was framed and interlaced with molded steel.
Looking closer he could see it was arrayed with 3 locks one above the other.
Giving a quick look to the door across to the west, Cesair could see unlike the one before him it had no such locks or steel and seemed as the same as all the others.Calling to Dru to gain her attention and that of the party he awaited her permission to investigate.....


The party new and old had been inside the Monastery a little over 4 hours and no sign of anyone living or dead had they yet to find.....



(OOC:Ok next post Friday. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and give a prayer to our soldiers in Afganastan and Iraq, may they have a peaceful one too.)


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:26:55.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


25

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

The plane!!!, oops...The door, the door!!!
Posted on 11/23/2004 at 10:12:16 PM (CST)

During his stateing of his opinion, the gnome became distracted by the singular framed door. Although he was indeed distracted he finished what he had been saying, few things managed to escape his shifty little blue eyes. He also called their leader's attention to the strange door.

"Either someone wanted ta keep people out o' that room, or they really wanted ta keep something inside."

He hears Ulthok report as to the contents of the locker, it would appear that he was right about this being the woman's room. "It would be a good ideal ta bring her belongings along with us incase we find the lass. Best ta leave the book were it sets though."

Then back to Dru, "So lass, do we open yonder door?"

Drakar100
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

I get that feeling to
Posted on 11/24/2004 at 10:04:54 PM (CST)

speaking to ulthok "i get that feeling to but what it is i have no idea or where to find what we are missing but i am looking. I am using everything i can think of but i am getting like no idea what we could be missing."

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

In Her Room
Posted on 11/25/2004 at 12:16:14 AM (CST)

Looks like they at last found something to do with the lady they where looking for.Ulthok upon getting the locker open announced it contained a diary with their missing ladies name on it appears this might have been her room.If it was it was becomming obvious she had been taken away from here and the team may need to start looking elsewhere.Upon listening to what Cesair was telling her about the door he found with the three locks Drusilia gives him permission to open it if he can.

Yes, yes Cesair we must search everything in this vicinity that we can we must find some clue as to who or at least where our lady has been taken.

I belive I heard someone mention trying to use some of her items to maybe scry out where we must go to find her.Let us think about this and anyone who can try this come to me and let me know.In the mean time I want everyone to take a look at the marks Cesair pointed out and tell me what they make of them, are we going to be up against a dragon?
Now she waits for Cesair to open the new door and the others to look at the marks.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Carefuly, very carefuly......
Posted on 11/25/2004 at 3:29:44 AM (CST)

New orders.....Cesair takes out his tools o' the trade and begins to inspect the steel bound and triple locked door. Keeping a tight reign on his curiosity, he forces himself to take his time at his work, carefuly, very carefuly he begins to check the impresive portal for traps, the seams, the locks, the hinges, etc.... Once his inspection is complete and he finds no traps he begins to work on the locks themselves. If he discovered any traps he attempts to disarm them before begining work on the locks. His brow furrowed, and the tip of his pink tongue poking out of one corner of his mouth, he concentrates fully on the task before him.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Our First Clues-Maybe
Posted on 11/26/2004 at 5:13:49 PM (CST)

Once Ulthok gets the locker open there are few things for him to examine.Acouple of outfits both which seem to show magical properties.Then he notices a book the type any one might use to jot down notes or what they have been up to a diary.The way it is positioned he can read the name on the cover "Sunblayze" Yes this is the lady they are looking for finally some clues.Moving before he thinks his hand reaches for the book...luckly his reflexes are sharp and his sight good just before he grabs the book he notices the magical runes that protect it and he stops his hand a hairs breath from the book.He exhales loudly.
That could of been a big mistake, This here locker contains a book which has the name of our ever elusive lady on the cover I belive we have found her room.

Turning from the locker Ulthok aproaches their leader.
Lady Dru I have to agree with what Cesair said eailier we must find a way to use her stuff here to try to locate her using every means at our disposal.If what he said about a dragon being involved in the attack our lady is probally not here any more and could be almost anywhere.I think finding this room is giving us our best chance of deciding what to do next.A continued search of this temple may be a waste of our time.

After speaking with Drusilia he watches as she gives Cesair to check and open the extrodinary three lock door he had found.As he begins to work on that there is a short lull in the activity Ulthok takes this moment to finally approach and introduce himself to the new arrival Talia.As he walks over to her he tries to look as tall as his 3'4" allows him and when he speaks he tries to keep that high pitched voice from at least sounding like a squeal.
Please excuse my interuption at this time my lady but upon your arrival there was just to much commotion.My name is Ulthok Rydenham thief and wizard extrordinair and I'm pleased to have you join us on our mission.I think you will find that this group is very multidimensional we are fun loving and enjoy a good time, but when there is work you will find the group very focused and anyone of them would lay down their life for you if needed including your sister, she has more than proven her value to this team you should be proud of her achivements.Anyways As you can see I do tend to ramble sometimes sorry, but welcome to our team.

When finished with his hello speech Ulthok moves in behind Cesair, not to close to disturb him, but where he can watch his work, Ulthok is always one who appreciates anothers good work espeically if he might pick up a pointer or two.He watches and waits with the rest untill their next move is decided upon.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Oh joy, it is never easy!
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 12:07:25 AM (CST)

Conall stood and watched the others, he then removed his back pack and gathered up a change of clothing form the disarrayed room, “If and when we find this girl we search for she will want a change of clothing. I feel she was taken and not fled form this place. If those here fled, I think we would have found much less, also if they ran form this place we would have seen some evidence from the air when we approached. As for the lack of dead bodies I can not explain that one.” Conall turns and looks at the Lady Drusilia, “Yet another question to add to the list of unanswered ones we have already.”

Conall then places the clothing of the girl in his pack. He then looks at Cor, “These things are never easy. No! We cannot just show up and find what we seek and then ride home again. There are always problems. Just once I want to be summoned for and not have to deal with Rats, Trolls, or Goblins. I would also like to remind all, that is a dragon that tore up the earth out front.” Conall then smiles at the rest of the group, “I so do love this job!” Conall then secures his backpack and is now ready to press on when all others are or the word is given.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

No answers, just differant questions
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 3:17:45 AM (CST)



Cor watched as the others searched the room and found items belonging to the one they sought. Of course they found not the girl; that would have been too much to ask. The others were excited and seemed to find hope in their discovery. However, it left them no closer to their goal. The girl could be alive or dead, there was no way to tell from what they found. It did appear that further searching here would be of little value. Only the door that the thieves were currently working hard to open held any interest for him now. Perhaps something of value lay behind it.



Cor approached Haila with a question. "Does that stone dog of your have a stone nose or can it follow a scent? Perhaps it could track the young lass if given a chance." Cor knew it was a long shot but they had little to go one at the moment.

It was the talk of dragons that worried him a bit as he had little doubt that several of his companions had never faced a dragon and did not fully comprehend the terror that comes with looking into those reptilian eyes. Only twice before had Cor done so. Once when he was a young cleric an ancient red wyrm stared deep into his core and caused his muscles to freeze and obey not his command. Only the timely, for Cor, arrival of a brave but stupid young paladin saved him from certain death. The young knight stuck a blow against the wyrm that caused it no real damamage but did cause it to change its attack. Never would he forget the heat that blistered his skin as the beast unleased a ball of hell itself upon the hapless paladin. Skin, bone and metal ceased to exist in the blink of an eye. Then, unexplicably it launched itself into the sky and dissapeared from sight. The second dragon was a middle aged black. Cor and several other war clerics tracked it down after it destroyed a temple. The battle was fierce and two of his brothers lost their lives in a moment as acid spewed from the beast's maw. He could still see the pain and anguish on their faces as they fell, skin melting from their bones. Until he drank the water from the fountain, one could have seen scars on his chest from splashes of that acid. Without conscious thought, Cor reached for the necklace that hung around his neck and felt the dragon tooth suspened there. Cor fears nothing on this earth, but he fully understands the evil incarnate that is dragon.

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

Catchin' up..(sorry for delay in post)
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 6:56:07 AM (CST)

(Slight back post here)
Taila listened as Cor spoke, "We are indeed a fun loving group and banter flows freely. But be not mistaken, any here would give their life for any other." She nodded at these words and was glad to hear it. She felt that it proved they were serious in going about the King's business. "I noticed a pair of beady eyes peering from your pack a bit ago. I am certain you are not so unobservant that packrats could have taken residence in your pack unnoticed. So, what manner of creatures do you tote?" Taila laughed softly and pulled her bag open slightly. She whispered softly to them and they poked their heads out of the bag looking up at Cor. "These," she said to Cor, "Are my babies. Twin ferrettes, Midnight and Luna." She pet each ferrett's head as she said it's name.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Taila asked Cesair what he thought regarding the disaster in the room. "Well lassie, someone was after something or someone that was 'ere in this room, an' they were in a hurry. Too much o' a hurry ta finish bustin open yonder locker. I also believe tha' the woman your group was sent 'ere ta find was here, takin by force for sure."

Taila considered his words and glanced around the room again. She only nodded in response, her face grim as she realized, perhaps for the first time, just how serious this situation was. Cesair spoke to the leader they called Drusilla, Taila listening intently to every word. She liked to get everyone's perspective on a situation. One may notice something another does not, or one may think of something another would not. Two heads are better than one, she always said, and more is even better.

She stood aside, leaning against a wall with one hand resting on the hilt of her sword, and the other on her hip. She watched Cesair begin to work on the locks. Her eyes were drawn to the carvings around the door. As she eyed the designs, the one who had discovered the book and clothing approached her. She smiled at him as he introduced himself. "Please excuse my interuption at this time my lady but upon your arrival there was just to much commotion . My name is Ulthok Rydenham thief and wizard extrordinair and I'm pleased to have you join us on our mission" She offered him her hand to shake. "Well met, Sir Rydenham. I am Taila Torren. A simple Ranger in service to the King, and I am most delighted to have joined this group."

He went on to explain, as had the ones before him, how this group is basically tight-knit and get along well around each other. She smiled at him again, "I am very happy to hear that. In all honesty it was hard to believe my sister had survived this long on a mission such as this. But now, I am glad that there was a mix-up and that she is here. She has...well she's changed." She left it at that, not wanting to go into any detail at this time.

He apologized for rambling and welcomed her to the team, she grinned at him, "While I am most thankful for your welcome, I have yet to prove myself." She laughed lightly and winked, "So how can you be so sure I will be of any use on this adventure?" She grinned as she waited to hear what reply he may have for her, if any at all, and glanced back toward the carvings around the metal door.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

haila is still here/tho jinx's brain has left
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 7:27:56 AM (CST)

Haila stood in the doorway of Sunblayze's room. Even though no one had ever seen the woman obviously she did reside here. And judging by her belongings she had been here for a while. As a bonus she saw no sign of blood.

Niamedris kept sneezing and muttering comments in Haila's head as the spilled perfume assulted his nose. He was still quite crabby about his unexpected dip in the fountain as the wierd had exploded. He had emerged considerably bad tempered but the same size for which Haila was grateful. In all honesty Nias would have been complaining even more loudly had she not shoved half a stick of jerky in his mouth.

Dire whose nose was even more sensitive almost balked at entering the room. She had had Dire sniffing about since the corridor but he hadn't been able to smell anything yet. No doubt the scent of anyone in the room was well masked under the heavy perfume. Still armed with another stick of beef jerky she tried.

Still rubbing the cat with her spare woolen tunic Haila turned to her twin dying to get at least one good shot of to make sure the day wasn't a total loss. "Look's like your room a bit doesn't it?"


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:28:51.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


Sorry Post Delayed

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Post Delayed Sorry
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 5:26:39 PM (CST)

(OOC:Sorry the post was delayed my keyboard kept locking up on me everyone cross fingers that its okay)


The party now had solid evidence proving that Althena Sunblayze had once been here.
They had found her room and a number of items surely linked to her.But yet no sign of her in person was there yet to be found...


Conall thinking ahead and doubting not that they would find her, reached into the locker and began to gather the clothing and items found within.
Without warning and seemingly of its own accord the diary brushed the Paladin's hand.Knowing at once what had touched his him Conall quickly moved his hand away, his heart beating waiting for the diary to explode...nothing happened the diary remmained the same.Almost as if compiled by it, he took an example from Cor and took the diary fully in hand.....

Cesair gaining the go ahead from the Lady Dru began to check the 3 lock door.
Slowly and professionally he searched and soon discovered each of the 3 doors was trapped.Again working slowly he easily managed to disarm them one by one.After the traps, the locks themselves were easy.
He stood his work finished, as he turned to inform the rest he stopped, had he seen something out of the corner of his eye or was he just imagining things.Something did not feel right....


Taila was slowly getting to meet the whole party as each introduced themselves.None to this point had shown any dislike for her or any animosity.
It was nice to know they had somewhat accepted her and she them. Only time would tell if it would all work out....


The rest of the party it seemed in some ways was in a holding pattern all unsure of the direction next they would take.Continue the search?..Try using her personal things to locate her?..Or check the Monastery's other area's. The choice for most of them was unclear...


It was at this point that things seemed to start to change as the party's attention was once again drawn to the door leading into the study area as a Goblin, hands tied entered followed by the one of the Pegasi troopers, who on seeing the party spoke of this new twist..

"Me Lady Dru the Captain wanted me to deliver this creature to ya, we found him hiding in the Monastery's cornfield.
He says the Lady Althena told him to lead you to her.Speak your words Goblin!!.

The Goblin turned to the party after looking them over a third time and spoke in a very calm and subdued voice..

"The human Althena told me to tell you where she be and to lead you to her. She be in the caves of the Hobgoblin King in the Mountains of Steel.Come we go now.

Turning he tried to move past the Pegasi trooper with no success as he was easily stopped,the trooper looking to the rest of the party...

"So what shall we do with it surely it be lying to us, why would it want to help us?...

All of the party now looking closly at the Goblin saw that it was very calm and showed no signs of fear.its eyes glassy as if in some manner of trance or far away.
Was it lying or did it tell the truth?.once again the party as a whole faced yet another choice.....


OOC:Ok as this was posted Sat morn my next post will be Wednsday nite and hopefully we will be back to a Monday-Thursday posting after that I hope everyone had a good T-day....)


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:30:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


26

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Filthy little beast!
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 7:31:00 PM (CST)

Looking at the goblin, Af'til was filled with scorn. "You are nothing but a filthy goblin! Evil by nature! Your toungue is thick with lies and deceit! Who put you up to this Dog? You know that your life will be forfeit for any lies" Now walking towards the goblin with a Mace ready. "But you do have information for us.... The question is how much pain will need to be inflicted to ensure that lies will not escape those putrid lips of yours..."
Af'til will continue to step forward at the goblin hoping that it will panic and blurt something out.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

It is but a messenger
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 8:47:56 PM (CST)

"Hold Af'til. There is no need for violence with this one. His mind is not his own, look at his eyes. Think, what goblin ever has had the courage to stand emotionless in the presence of such a group. Someone is using this vile thing as a messenger. Remember, never kill the messenger. True it may be a trap but we have no leads here so we have little to lose. Perhaps we should do as it asks." Cor waited for any replies.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Wait just a moment....
Posted on 11/27/2004 at 10:53:32 PM (CST)

As Cesair worked on the locks, he felt and appreciated the prescence of Ulthok over his shoulder. At times it was good to have another acomplished thief close by, one that might see something that the other does not. Cesair found himself quickly liking those he had come to work with, Ulthok and Taila most of all.

When he heard Taila respond to the halfling's greeting by asking how a ranger of meager skills could best aid, the randy gnome smiled a wicked little smile to himself and mutered, "I've an ideal or too lassie." Damn, if only she was not so tall.

Each lock had been trapped, and he disabled each in turn, after that he began on the locks themselves, one, two, three and they were unlocked, piece o' cake. Cesair put away his tools and turned around, a satisfied look upon his face as he smiled at Ulthok and grabbed the halfling's shoulder. Then he caught something out of the corner of his eye, something here was amiss. The hair's on the back of his neck rose in alarm. Quickly he turned around, taking out his tools he quickly locked one of the locks. It was possible that it was too late, that the damage had already been done, but he hoped that he had acted in time. He then proceeded to lock the other two as well. Once that is acomplished he sighs a sigh of relief. Some things are better off left locked up.

At that point a bound goblin is brought in, filthy little beast it was. "Let the animal speak, it is possible that the lady in question charmed the thing, it could be under a geas to lead us to her."

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Goblins
Posted on 11/28/2004 at 2:17:36 AM (CST)

Drusilia gives Cesair a quick pat on the back for a job well done with the door. When she finishes she walks over to tailia. She had not yet had the pleasure of introducing herself. She extends her hand as she speaks.. “ Sorry I have not yet introduced myself... I am Drusilia Liadon, But you along with the others my call me Dru...”As she finishes she sees the trooper enter with the goblin in hand she excuses herself and gives them her attention. She listens to what the goblin has to say carefully. He shows no emotion. Its obvious to her that something here was not quite right. I creature such as this would usually be trembling in fear of the situation. Drusilia quickly cuts in between Af'til and the goblin as he makes his advance with the mace. “ put your weapon away Af'til... There may be other ways to solve this without pounding the poor creature into the ground..” At the same time Cor says the same. Dru looks at the goblin she to noticed his eyes.. She was now certain something was amiss.

Cesair than speaks his mind. “ Cesair may be right there is no need to harm the thing..” Drusilia approaches the creature. She places her hand upon its shoulder.. “Is there anything else you can tell us..” As the creature thinks and/or speaks Drusilia will cast her ESP spell to see if there is any information she can get that he is not telling...

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Goblins.....
Posted on 11/28/2004 at 6:38:04 PM (CST)

When Taila asks him how he could be sure she would be of any help on this adventure he responds.
Well to be frank with you of course I can't really be sure but you don't stay alive on the streets as long as I have without being able to judge when someone may be trusted and can hold their own when need be.So just call it a hunch.

He watches Cesair finish untrapping the gate and opening the locks on the triple locked door.When finished Cesair walks over and clasps him on the shoulder.No sooner had he done that when he turns back around and quickly relocks all three locks.That seemed a little strange.

What the matter Cesair why did you relock the gate like that don't you think we are going to be checking it out?

Just then a Pegisi trooper walked into the room leading a goblin with his hands tied.He speaks to Drusilia saying the goblin was told by the Lady Sunblayze to give us a message.Dru tells the goblin to repeat his message and he does.Saying he is to lead us to her in some hobgoblins stronghold in the mountains of Steel, but it was the way he gave his message that seemed strange to Ulthok there was no emotion as a matter of fact the goblin show no emotion at all it appeared to him he was under some type of spell.

He watches as Af'Till wants to beat the truth out of him but that will do no good.Then the Lady Dru uses a gentler approach.If she can find out anything that is great but Ulthok of course has his own idea of what is going on here.

This whole affair seems to have many unanswered questions but this is what I have come to think.This place had been fortified by the king with 200 armed men but why? Well from what I have seen the only thing here he wanted to protect was this Lady Sunblayze.So she must be very important to the king.We may not know why and can only speculate at this time, but someone obvisouly wanted to get either directly at the king or at someone who can give them something to get to the king.Now our presence in the kingdom is no secret so if someone is trying to get at the king and they are using Lady Sunblayze they would also need to get us out of the way also.

Now from the way this place looked the lady did not leave on her own accord, and I would doubt there where any goblins around for her to leave a message with before she was kidnapped, so this beast has probally been sent by her kidnappers to lead us into a trap. However this may be our only clue as to where she is so we need to proceed cautiouslly. Maybe now that we have a place named also using something of hers to scry may give us some insight.

He looks around the room at his companions to see if any of them feel he may be on the right track or if he has lost his mind.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Of doors better off left locked....
Posted on 11/28/2004 at 10:32:25 PM (CST)

Whether Ulthok was listening to Cesair or not, the gnome had turned back towards the door and was watching it intently, as if it was about to do something remarkable, he answered the halfling's question with a question.

"Tis a monastery, what o' any value could a monastery have? I saw something move.....could be they held something here, something most foul, something locked away from the world. Best not ta' open until everyone is ready."

Drakar100
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 43
Reply | Edit

Upon seeing the goblin pushed in.
Posted on 11/30/2004 at 5:44:24 AM (CST)

He saw the goblin first and his hands were at his weapons in a heart beat. Then when he saw the trooper did his hands leave his weapons. Upon hearing the message given that the goblin was sent from the hall of the hobgoblin king to lead them to the women they sought.

"I dont like it sounds like a trap to me. Why would she be with the hobgoblin king? And lastly why would she send a goblin to get us? this all leads me to believe that the goblin is to lead us into a trap im not saying we shouldnt go because it is about the only lead we have as to where she might be she isnt here that is for sure. I am saying we should be causious though I dont mind walking in a tripping a trap I just want to be ready when it happens."

Then he finds a window opens it and he calls out in avian to greystreak he needs to know what has been going on and how much grey streak saw and what greysteak has found to tell what has been going on.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Personnal Effects and a Goblin??
Posted on 11/30/2004 at 3:33:58 PM (CST)

Alasdair was curious and peered for a closer look at the personal effects of Lady Althena. Before he could reach out and try to touch them he was interrupted by the approaching Pegasi troopers. Upon hearing their words...

"Me Lady Dru the Captain wanted me to deliver this creature to ya, we found him hiding in the Monastery's cornfield. He says the Lady Althena told him to lead you to her.Speak your words Goblin!!."

... He quickly shifted his focus and gazed upon the goblin, intent on hearing his words and viewing his body language, seeking if there was truth in the message that he delivered.

OOC: Alasdair will use the psionic power "Truth Ear" to determine the validity of the Goblin's words.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Keeping Doors Locked
Posted on 11/30/2004 at 4:11:07 PM (CST)

Once finished telling the group how he feels about what has been going on so far and now the appearence of a goblin with a message, Ulthok turns his attention back to Cesair and his reaction to the three lock gate.


I agree Cesair always better to be safe if you have any doubt about what is behind that gate.You say you thought you saw something move back in there, and maybe they are keeping some foul creature locked away in there? Yes best to keep it locked till we are all focused again on what we are doing next.


While everyone is deciding what to belive or not about the goblin he will move up to the three lock door and while looking it over use his listening skills just to see if he can hear any sounds at all comming fron that area.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Time is a dragon.
Posted on 11/30/2004 at 6:56:33 PM (CST)

Conall not knowing why he closed his hand around the book that seem to just appear in his hand. ‘This is a nice bound little book and if I am not mistaken it would be very dear to the owner. I only hope she is still alive when we find her.’ Conall then wrapped the book up in the clothing he had grabbed and place the bundle in his backpack.

Conall makes his way over to the Lady Dru and with a soft word, “Lady Drusilia, if I should fall there is a book in my pack that belongs to the lady we seek. I cannot tell why, but when I was gathering up a change of clothing for Lady Sunblayze it seem to want to be found and with a mind of its own appeared in my hand. I feel neither threat nor fear from the book. It seems to me that if I fall before the book makes the journeys end that you should give the book to whom it chooses. How to do this I do not know. Nor would I care… I will be drinking in the halls of Valhalla with my god. As for what to do next…”

Conall steps away from the Lady Dru to speak to the whole of the party, “If the lady Sunblayze sent use such a messenger then she is strong and hope is still strong. If the Goblin King has sent such a messenger to give such words then why? Directing his answers to the thieves of the group, “What good is an item if no others find value in it? What good is taking an item if no others know you took it?” Conall then addresses the whole of the group, “Strength and Fear! Hobgoblins thrive on these two things. To storm into such a place, so well guarded and take such a prize would hold little value if none knew you took it nor would it hold its value if none came to claim it. That is why the king sent such a messenger, if in deed the Goblin King did. The path we must take is clear… We must seek out this Goblin King in his hole, but first we must choose to cleanse this place of evil or not. That is for the Lady Drusilia to decide. Then good Lady, do we go directly from this place to trail of the goblins? We have a worthy woodland scout for the king has sent her and I know the king would not send us no other. Even though her own words say she is only a humble ranger I think we would find the heart of a warrior if she were truly the twin of Haila. Or… Do we head back to speak with the king and give word of our findings, take rest and gather supplies for what will be now a longer more deadlier venture. Pausing for just a moment.

“We all have dragon’s to face, the one we face at this very moment is called time.”

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

Shall I Scout?
Posted on 12/1/2004 at 10:26:42 PM (CST)

Taila Torren watched in great interest as the Gnome worked his skill on the door. Her eyes kept drifting to the carvings around the door. She could not help but wonder at them. She thought, perhaps, that they were an indication as to what was locked behind the door, or a warning of some kind. A curse? She didn’t know, but she was curious to find out.

She pushed away from the wall she was leaning against and took a step toward that door, when Dru approached her and introduced herself. Taila smiled warmly and said, “A delight to meet you Lady Dru. I am sure you know who I am by now, but I’ll say it just because I like hearing my name,” she grinned and winked to indicate she was only kidding, “I’m Taila Torren, Haila’s sister and twin.”

The next thing she knew a goblin was escorted into the room. She raised an eyebrow at the creature, and kept her mouth shut as she listened to what the others had to say. She watched the goblin carefully and saw that what the group in general had observed was quite right.

Her attention was grabbed when Conall began to speak regarding the matter. She found that his words made perfect sense. Then he made reference to her. She merely arched a brow, a grin crossing her lips and shrugged. She waited to hear Dru’s response to what he’d said. She knew she’d be more than ready, and more than that, just down right eager, to get on the road, and scout ahead, her fingers itched to hold her weapon in battle again. Her eyes shone with eager curiousity, as she awaited Lady Dru’s response.


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:33:18.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


The Choices we Make

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

The Choices We Make
Posted on 12/2/2004 at 5:17:22 AM (CST)

The Introduction of the Goblin had arisen many questions none of which yet had an answer.

Af'til at first it seemed did want nothing more then to beat from it information it most likely did not have as it slowly became clear to all it did not speak of its own mind.For clearly it was indeed under some form of spell or mind control as no emotion or fear did it show.....

Cesair having successfully unlocked the door, but yet not opened it locked the locks once again.
Fearing something maybe seen from the corner of his eye, yet how could he see anything through a door not yet opened???....

The Lady Drusilia quick to see Af'til's intent ordered him away from the Goblin.At the same time she also agrees to its state of mind. Clearly it is not its own and asks for a spell or ESP or its like to gage its truth of words....

Ulthok watching as Cesair unlocks then relocks the door finds his behavior strange and speaks to Cesair of it.
Cesair calmly replies his reasons as both turn to await the rest of the parties readiness....

Hawk too trusts not this Goblin messenger, clearly believing its words only said to lead to the danger of a trap.Though by no means scared, stupid he also was not, information from this Goblin was a much needed thing....

Alasdair hearing the Goblin's words and the Lady Dru's request of the truth or lies.Use's his Psi power of Truth Ear to confirm or deny the validity of the Goblin's words, as far as had to this point been spoken.No lie from its lips had yet to be said.....

Then Conall, he of the mighty arms and nobile cause stood forward and spoke.
His words firm, his faith unbroken, his courage and the need for action high.He pose's a question to all

Do they continue the search of the Monastery clearing it of any possible evil left behind for a holy place it yet is...
Or do they embark on the backs of the Pegsi, and fly straight away to The Mountains of Steel, seek these Hobgoblin Caves and the Lady Sunblayze and rescue her from a fate none here yet know....

The Party , 2 choices did they have..
All for one and one for all...
And a Lady Captain to make the call.........


(OK Ladies and Gents once again I your DM have posted. will post again on Monday have a great weekend.
Jinx you did not post but thats ok as you told me of your 14 hour days at your store kinda hate this holiday don't cha.Good post DA next time give me a little more to work with, so far as the newcomer you are doing great.Everyone your posts and RP have been really good so far please keep it up Thanks.....))


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:35:04.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


27

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Choices....Choices!!!
Posted on 12/4/2004 at 2:50:46 AM (CST)

She looks around at the group. Knowing that no lie has passed threw the creatures lips as of yet, thinks of what to do. The group had indeed found the lead they where searching for. But was it the right one? Could this possibly be the only way? It all rested upon her, to follow the goblins word or stay and finish searching. She felt that to continue searching was a waste of precious time, of witch they had little. But to go so soon could mean possible to miss a clue of which they might later need. Her attention was called to the door of witch Cesair and Mylan stood in front of. Why would such a place have a door such as this? Perhaps to protect something. Or to protect the world from something of which lie inside. She turns to the group and takes a deep breath before she speaks.

“ It is obvious this creature has told the truth.” She motions to the goblin. “We don’t have much time to be wasting here. But there is one thing I am curious about! That door there. It is unlike all the others. Its done with great care and detail.” She stops for a moment as she looks at the door. Something doesn’t quite feel right about this door, but people wouldn’t put it here for no reason. If the door itself is special, there must also be something quite special behind it.. Right?!?! Perhaps it could be some sort of clue. She again stops and takes a breath, for her words where spoken quite fast and she lacked her oxygen. A strange adrenaline seemed to be running threw her. Or you it could be something purposely concealed from the world for safety. Either way I say we check ths room before we continue to follow the goblin.” She had a look of shock on her face as she finished her words. She had surprised even herself. Had she just said what she thought. She was being much bolder than usual. She never took risks such as this, but she just had a feeling that whatever was behind that door was important one way or another. She knew it most likely wasn’t anything good, but she was willing to chance it. She looked at the group to hear there opinions.....

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A second to Dru's plan
Posted on 12/4/2004 at 3:23:36 AM (CST)

Cor heard Dru's words and saw from the look on her face that she was trying to convince herself as well as the group of their wisdom. He did what he could to bolster her confidence and cement her position as leader in the mind of their newly arrived companion. "Your thoughts have merit Dru. I agree that we should check the door and then follow the goblin, wherever it may lead. If I might suggest we place the warriors in front as we open the door. The cavalier and paladin up front with me right behind to lend a hammer or aid if they should falter. Mages ready spells, both offensive and defensive just in case. We may find nothing at all behind yon portal but I would rather look silly than be caught unprepared."

Cor took a long pull from his ale skin and then retrieved his trusted hammer from its holder and made ready. If he was lucky there would be vile beasty behind the door. He was itching to give the paladin another lesson in combat techniques. "If there be something behind that door, be sure to take notes. I'll show ya how a war cleric greats a foe."

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

In agreement here...carvings?
Posted on 12/5/2004 at 9:34:35 AM (CST)

After listening to Dru's words, Haila's twin stepped forward, "I tend to agree with both of you. I've been eyeing that door from the moment Cesair begain to make quick work of unlocking it. There is certainly something about that door, the detail and care taken in the carvings around the door's frame, and what could possibly be just beyond."

Taila looked at Dru and said, "If I may.." as she motioned toward the door, and moved up next to it. As she looked closely at the carvings around the door, checking to see if there was any kind of lettering, symbols, or a code of any kind, she said, "It's possible the carvings may tell us what is behind this door. Perhaps that way we may be better prepared once the door is opened."

She leaned down, and slightly nudged Cesair with a little wink, "What do you make of it? The door and it's carvings, I mean. Why do you suppose so much effort has been put into this door?"

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

The door
Posted on 12/6/2004 at 3:31:04 PM (CST)

After give those who wish to read the door time to do so. “Taila, shall we see what is behind the door?”

Conall making his way to the door in question looked to the thieves, “If one of you would be so kind as to unlock the door it seems it is my time to do the job at hand but a locked door between me and that job is something you must unlock but leave the opening of the door to ones that can bite back with steel and not cunning and wit.”

He stopped by Cor and held out his hand for the ale skin, “Cor, it will be an honor learn from one such as you. It was told to me around a fire that one such cleric often went into battle wielding two weapons and when asked what those weapons were he would answer ‘I wield a Lan and a Malechi.’ The name of two others in his party, so I will go forth” Giving the skin back after taking a sip, swish, gargle, swallow, and the cough.

Conall then continued to the door, “Alasdiar, good friend it is time for us to play student to Cor and learn how to fight,” Conall smiled at Alasdiar. “I will open the door, which way will you go, left or right? I will cover the other way and it seems our teacher and wielder will protect and teach from our rear.”

When Conall took up his position, sword and shield in hand. Gave a short prayer to Odin asking for victory in battle or the ability to hide the embarrassment if battle did not fallow. Then a quick nod to say he was ready.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Into the Unknown Abyss
Posted on 12/6/2004 at 4:20:32 PM (CST)

Hearing the endless talk, Alasdair was beginning to think that his new found comrades would try to talk any fouls creations into submission. His opinions still undecided, he walked towards the door and says, "Cesair if ye be so kind.." indicating to the door with its locks and craving. A smile played across his face as he heard the others coming to their decision to search beyond this door before leaving the monastery.

"Lord Conall, if ye be so helpful as to get the door, I shall enter and from the right clearing the room before another shall have chance to enter. For it would be my honor to secure the safety of yon room before any danger shall befall our comrades. But if ye insist on helping, perhaps the left side would be yer path and in the middle shall we meet," says Alasdair with a dryness not fitting with his obviously playful banter.

"So Master Cesair, have ye unlocked the door already, or shall Conall and I break it down instead?"

OOC: Sword and dagger in hand, Alasdair uses his psionic abilities - Life Detection and Clairsentience to try and discover what dangers might lay beyond the door.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

teeter totter
Posted on 12/6/2004 at 5:18:53 PM (CST)

Haila knew there were a lot of things really really wrong with this scene. In fact, the whole mission to date mulling it over she realized she had been silent for a while. She wondered if anyone put it to Taila's presence? What if they thought she was scared of her?! Hmmmpphh! Setting the still damp cat on some torn sheets she set her pack next to him. Dire she set to watch the goblin. A menacing snarl made more fierce by the silence of it should hold the wretched creature in it's place.

Seeing everyone gathered by the door (most of them taller than her too) she decided to help. Well actually with 7 people crowded in front of the door she decided to see what was in there to and show them she was not intimidated by her sister.

Spying a dresser on it's side she lightly jumped onto it and forgetting the polished surface she skidded until she was draped over Alisdair's shoulder. With a look of "I meant to do that" made actually convincing by 3 years spent living with a cat. "What? You don't think I'ed let you all do this without my help do you?"

Straigthening she could peer over the heads and shoulders of the others. She sought calm within her self-ready to face anything. Except her older brother. Or her former Mother In Law. Other than that piece of cake! Niamedris withdrew from where he had buried himself in her pack his mouth full of jerky. Cake! You never told me there was cake in here!

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A tough choice
Posted on 12/6/2004 at 7:20:36 PM (CST)

Cor saw the damp "Kitty" set to guarding the goblin. 'Hmm, Haila's Kitty is damp. I am sure there is a tasteless comment in there somewhere." he thought to himself. Then he watched her jump on a dresser and skid to a stop atop the cavalier. "What a nice ending you have there Haila. Tis a pleasure to see it." he said. It was obvious from his tone that "end" had more than one meaning to the dwarf.

Then he turned his attention the cavalier and paladin. They were engaged in conversation on who would take which side of the room. Cor saw his opening and jumped in. "While you two are busy slinking along the walls to the safety of respective corners, I will take the center of the room. Someone will have to actually fight. Don't worry, if you get a hangnail, I will fix it when we are finished." Cor unsheathed his hammer and offered a quick prayer to Odin in preparation for potential battle

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Me first? No, you first… OK him first?
Posted on 12/6/2004 at 7:32:35 PM (CST)

“Alasdair, in the middle then we shall meet but I must bring to your attention this one little thing, there is a monkey on your back. Cute, clumsy, yet a little monkey all the same.” Looking up at Haila, “This may not be a very smooth ride Lady Haila, but if you can do your magic from the good Alasdair’s back then by all means prepare yourself for what could be one heck of a ride.”

Conall continues to champ at the bit so to say although at this point it should be the good Alasdair who would be with the bit. Thinking to himself, ‘I wonder if she employs a ridding crop or just spurs when ridding. I must ask Alasdair when this is all over…. The door Conall, keep your mind on the task at hand.’ Once more the voice snaps Conall back into the moment.

At that point Cor moved to the front, “Surveying the class room first? Very well then.” Conall readies to open the door and then fallow Alasdair and Cor into the unknown. ‘I hope this is not a room of priest, women, and children put here for safekeeping during the attack. That would be funny and yet disappointing. And those little sticks they carry can hurt sometimes.’

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Whoa There
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 12:01:17 AM (CST)

Listening closely to what Cor had to say about their choices and to what anyone else had to say about their current position, but he was very interested in what Drusilia said about no lies having passed from the goblins lips. He decides to let them know how he feels about their choice.Since everyone seems to want to do nothing but bust into the other room seems like they are all here for their own amusement and nothing more.Finding anything he can to stand on to make himself a little taller he get their attention by doing his high pitched battle cry.


Ladies and gentalmen before you start fighting each other to see who will burst forth into yonder room first I think some are forgetting our true and only mission here.
“Well I feel that if this Goblin King has our Lady Sunblayze then every minute we spend here probably brings her closer to death. Yes this door is of interest but clearing the temple was not our mission saving the lady and bringing her to the King was what we where sent to do. Besides since this door seems to be right off the room she occupied she can tell us what goes on when we rescue her.Then if need be we can finish this.True it may only take us a second in there or we could be tied up in battle far to long.Why risk our Ladies life for our own amusement. Lady Dru I think you need to tells us what our next move is and if you feel I am out of place tell me so.


After speaking his mind to the whole group Ulthok then approaches Drusilia and speaks to her.

“Lady Dru I am sorry if I seemed to step on your toes a bit but I feel strongly we need to get to Sunblayze if she is in the hands of this goblin king and as we head back to our Pegisi I think we need to find out if anyone is familiar with these mountains. I would also be interested to see if this goblin knows anything about the layout inside the mountain any information we could get would be useful for our attack.

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

Hmmm...
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 1:23:16 AM (CST)

Taila was increasingly convinced that perhaps there was nothing more than mere decoration to the carvings after all. She still was not entirely sure but she shruged and stepped away from the door when Conall asked to pass so the door could be opened.

She listened as the men discussed their plan of attack once they entered the room.

"Have any of you considered the tiny fact that perhaps whatever is behind that door, if anything at all, just might be able to hear what you are saying? In which case your plans will be known and could be a disadvantage to the lot of you. Then again, there may be nothing there, and if there is, it may not be able to hear anything. I suppose the door could be sound proof."

Taila watched as her sister slid down the desk and ended up on Alasdair's back. She shook her head and laughed, "Out of your shell are you, sister?" she smiled at her sister with genuine amusement and only playfulness in her tone.

Upon hearing Cor's remark, she looked at him, and her stance was no longer relaxed, but she suddenly looked as if she were ready for a fight. Her hand rested on the hilt of her sword, her eyes blazing. She thought NO ONE disrespects MY sister that way!. The idea of gouging the man's eyes out suited Taila just fine at that moment. She surpressed the urge, however, not moving from her spot. She held her tongue, and decided to wait for her sister's response to the man.

A moment later Ulthok sounded his battle cry, and she looked at him in curiosity and slight surprise. Upon hearing his words, she felt slightly shamed. He was correct, the King had sent them to rescue the Lady, not find out what was behind this door. Her face blushed in shame, and she whispered a silent apology to her King and friend.

Lady Dru, if I may be so bold. I know I only just arrived on the scene, and therefore my words do not hold much weight. But I feel I must say what is now on my mind. Ulthok is right, I am shamed to admit it, but curiosity had gotten the better of me, regarding that door. The king sent me to join this group for one reason. To find Lady Sunblayze and bring her safely home. I will follow whatever orders you give, Lady Dru, however I must say that Ulthok is quite right, and we must get to Lady Sunblayze as soon as we absolutely can."

Taila fell silent and chose to wait for Dru's orders. She knew that, as Ulthok had pointed out, they could always come back to the door, and that right now Lady Sunblayze was their top priority.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Hmmmm indeed.......
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 4:09:17 AM (CST)

Cesair had taken out his tools and was indeed getting ready to once again unlock that which was locked when that high pitched warcry that sounded alot like a squeek burst forth from Ulthok once more. He found that although he liked the lad, that battlecry needed some work.

He turned and when he did he caught the tail end of the glare that Taila shot at the dwarf and noted where her hand rested, femanine fist clentched so tight that her knuckles paled to purest white. Hmmmmm, guardian of her sister's virtue is she, and who would be the guardian of her own virtue, wondered the gnome with a raised eyebrow. He turned to admire courage and wisdom of his wee folk cousin, the halfling was right, the longer they taried the slimmer the woman's chances were.

But it all matter little to Cesair, he after all was on loan to them, paying a debt, and under those circumstances would do whatever Drucilla told him to do within bloody reason. He scruntched his face up as if he had stepped on something sharp, and he took a deep breath. Drucilla had so far valued his imput on matters even though she barely knew him and he was a stranger to this group, that was something he respected. He released the air within his small lungs in the form of a heavy sigh, he was about to put his two scents in once again.

"They are both right lass, someone went through alot o' trouble to come 'ere, attack this place with a dragon no less, and for what? For just a woman, I think not." He raises a small hand as if to ward off rebuttle from the women present.

"Aye, there are a few lassies in this ole world worth the trouble but they are all standin right 'ere. What I be gettin at is this, the woman knows somethin' that these folks be a wantin' and when they get it she will be useless ta them. If it was 'something' they were after they would 'ave takin it and we would be lookin at her corpse. When they 'ave what they want from her they will dispose of her. Tis your discission lass, makes little difference ta me, I won't be the one reportin' back to your king."


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:37:44.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


A Clear Choice Still Needed

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Clear Choice Still Needed
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 8:25:12 AM (CST)

The talk continued, questions still asked, yet no one did any answers have.....

The Lady Dru became somewhat decisive without really giving any clear orders.She felt the door was to be opened, the room searched, than a Goblin there was to follow and a special lady to be rescued.But no real order had she given, just it seemed her thoughts....

The door carved and set with metal, stood before them, silent and unmoving.....

As Cesair readied his tools and Kyle and Alasdair positioned themselves (the Cavalier with a new and somewhat clinging backpack) to enter the room followed by the war Cleric Cor. Alasdair used his Psi powers once again to scan the inside of the room behind its closed door.No indications did he receive nothing returned to him, it was as if the door itself was some type of Psi barrier.
As all others also prepared a voice of question was raised by Dragonmist...

Did they really need to search the room.??
The mission they had all agreed to undertake was one of rescue, not reconnaissance.
Should not they move on using the Goblin to find the girl.??
His thoughts were echo'd in part by Taila and Cesair also....

The party for really the first time was spilt, 4-3 on what to do....

Conall, Alasdair, Cor and Haila were for searching the room....
The 2 Thieves Dragonmist and Cesair and the female Ranger Taila were for pressing on, disregarding the room and the rest of the Monastery....
While both Af'til and Hawk having said nothing either way were considered absent.....

Once again the choice was Dru's to make, enter the room or not.
It was very clear that though some wanted to enter, others did not.
A much clearer order by the Lady Dru was needed as she as leader had the final say.......


(OOC:Ok a little bit of a stalemate here as Dru never gave a real order to either thief to unlock the door. both did not post they did so, the door still stands closed. will post as normal on Thursday.
Dru you are the party's leader be more decisive than just stating what you think.
Give an order the party will obey it, if its not a really bad one and if it is, they will surely tell you.If you want the door opened command a thief to do it, and the Fighters to enter.)


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:39:11.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


28

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Door, what door?
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 7:00:14 PM (CST)

With a surprised look upon his face, Alsadair chuckles at Lady Haila. "Lass if you needed a good ride, I would be happy to indulge you now as well as at a later time. Though there be a wee bit of a fee for this time... could ye perhaps use some of yer magic and open the door for Lord Conall and I? If ye be so kind that is." He shifts his weight alittle, adjusting for the amusing lady perched upon his shoulders.

Curious as to the blockage of his psionic attempts to probe beyond the door, he says nothing for his curiousity is peaked and he still guards his psionic talents well. Past experience has taught him that many, too many regard psionics or other magical talents to be evils and things which can not be trusted. Besides, there may yet be something to be learned here before following the foul goblin back to his own King.

Nodding to Conall, "If she indeed uses a crop, this shall indeed be a very memorable ride." Then with a wink to Lady Haila, "but tis my turn the next time." Then to the others, "Ready all, into the abyss we charge..." cries Alasdair heading for the door.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Conall's voice again?
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 8:07:49 PM (CST)

“Good people… The speech and debate we are having is costing us time and is of little us at the moment. The good Lady Drusila has spoken and I quote ‘Either way I say we check this room before we continue to follow the goblin.’ With that said would some one be so kind as to unlock said door before I go through it. For going through a locked door is very loud and does tend to hurt on occasions… Now I know these words are brash but, the Ladies words are my actions. Barring any words that would cause sure death or make me go against the will of the God Odin. She has asked for council in the past but her words were clear, ‘check this room before we continue’. So let us check the room before the Lady Haila’s beast eats our little goblin of information.” Conall then looks at Cor and Alasdair, “On three then, One….”

OOC… Wait for it you two, the count will continue unless some one-steps up to unlock the door or Lady Drusila stops the count down.
What will our heroic trio find behind closed door? Will they burst though the door or will one of there companions step up to unlock the door? Will the Lady Drusila stop the count? Are Taila and Haila truly twins and if so can we expect to see a beer commercial contract in their future? These questions and others to be answered Thursday evening, same TRIL channel, same TRIL time.
Some one get that dog a snack, it looks hungry. And get Joe out of that goblin outfit before he is eaten.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

1,2,3 go or...
Posted on 12/7/2004 at 8:22:04 PM (CST)

Cor looked at Conall. "Is it 1, 2, 3 then go or do we go on 3?"
The mischevious grin on his face gave away that the question was all in jest.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Fine, fine, fine!!!!!!!
Posted on 12/8/2004 at 11:06:11 PM (CST)

"Fine, fine, fine!!!!!!" With more than a little exasperation with the situation, Cesair takes out his tools, and as quickly as he can applies them once more to the three locks. He can still remember the 'feel' of each set of tumblers and in his 'mind's eye' he can 'see' how to trigger them. With his picks acting like extensions of his deft hands he releases the locks and then quickly bows out of the way so that the ever so eager warriors can charge, or barge which ever way you choose to look at it, through the door.

He moves back to his position at the rear, his right hand on the hilt of 'Quicksilver' his short sword, and his other hand deftly seaching one of his many hidden pockets for the components of a spell he feels may come in handy, in his head he prepares the words to invoke the spell Glitterdust.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Move out!!!!
Posted on 12/8/2004 at 11:25:08 PM (CST)

Drusilia looks around as the group seems to bicker. She rolls her eyes and sighs quietly. She places her hand on her forehead and rubs it slightly as she can feel the slight sensation of a headache starting. This is the last time she lets the group try to decide anything. She figured it would be nice to here peoples opinions instead of them doing as she says like mindless zombies. But for now zombies will have to do for they can’t seem to agree on anything as a group. She steps forward as she sees Conall, Cor, and Alasdair heading for the door. Then she sees Cesair quickly come forward and unlock the doors. She glances at him almost angrily. She rush to the door quickly and locked it back up. She stops the others advance on the door With some of the group members wise words ringing in her ears, she speaks up. “Lets move out!!” She waves her hand for the others to follow as she heads for the pegesi........

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Right behind you.....
Posted on 12/9/2004 at 7:22:33 PM (CST)

OOC: If you want to oh DM, we can say that Dru stops ole Cesair just before he manages to unlock the door once again, for if we all were at a table top game she would of stopped him. If that is your decission then this is what little ole Cesair will do....

Drucilla steps forward, putting an end to the debate over the ill willed door, and for that Cesair is grateful. The gnome quickly stoes away his tools and quickly follows after thier leader, he saw the look of irritation in her eyes, and even though she might well be peeved with him at the moment, he felt that the fighters of the group might be a little more peeved with him over the missing of an opportunity to shed some blood and have thier fun. It would be best to stay out of thier way for a little while, maybe after buying them a drink or three later things might cool down and then it would be safe to be around them. Warrior types could get testy when someone comes between them and mayhem.

Besides, if he was to continue on with them he needed a moment to gather the rest of his things from where he had stashed them and to call for Silvano his wolf companion. He hoped that Silvano would be able to foolow them to where they were headed.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

I did it again!
Posted on 12/9/2004 at 8:40:21 PM (CST)

Conall was about to say two when Cesair stepped forward to unlock the door. Conall stopped his count and gave the little one room to work. He watches as the nibble fingers. They seem to move without hesitation and with all the smoothness of a good war mount in full gallop on a smooth grassy field. Then as the first lock was about to be opened Lady Drusilia stepped forward with eyes that would boil the blood of a red worm. Cesair hesitated and Conall knew that those eyes were meant for all those by the door. “Reminded me to never do what we just did ever again. I have seen kinder eyes one a sea Hag.” Conall gave Cesair a nudge, “It seems I got you into a little trouble my friend. I would like to say it will never happen again, but those words would be misplaced. I am sure we will be in trouble many more times before this journey is over.” A smile fell across Conall’s face.

“Cor, it seems we are off to the Pegesi once more.” Conall then called out to all those between the war cleric and his ride. “Step aside, for you have never seen a dwarf move so fast.”

Conall sheathed his sword and picked up his backpack from the wall, where he set it in preparation for the battle, or what could have been a battle. He stepped up to the Lady Drusilia and spoke quietly to her as they headed out toward the courtyard. “My words have upset you. That was not my intention. What seemed to be council was more of a debate and was rapidly approaching bickering. There was also something telling me to make haste but in what direction I could not tell. So I was simply making haste. I apologize and will say no more on this manner unless you press me with questions.”

Conall then took is place in the party.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

quick post sorry if not up to snuff~rushed
Posted on 12/9/2004 at 11:34:26 PM (CST)

Everyone here was a soldier. Except Haila-she never really learned to play well with others either. We'll not much. The goblin was Sent by Sunblayze. Didn't sound like she needed rescue that urgently. She said as much aloud as the door was relocked. She wasn't a soldier she was going to fall in line but damn it this made no sense. Nothing made any damn sense! She was the last to leave the room Scooping the contents of her pack back in her bag carelessly she looked at the cursed locked door.

Haila was a mercurial sort with a long history of acting out of impulse. She wasn't really trying to defy anyone it was more a gesture of temper when she picked up a chair leg laying next to her pack and chucked it underhanded at the door.


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:41:25.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


A Flight to Somewhere Else

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Flight to Somewhere Else
Posted on 12/10/2004 at 7:28:10 AM (CST)

The talk was long, the talk undecided, the talk was over....

Drusilia instead of saying yes to the entering of the room as she had indicated earlier. Moved fast stopping Cesair before he could once again unlock the door.Her next words were very direct, the party was too move out to the courtyard once again to take flight and follow the small Goblin's directions to find and rescue the Lady Sunblayze held somewhere in the Mountains of Steel.Though it was clear not all were happy with this or understood her change of heart, the party slowly filed out of the room....

The last to leave was a much frustrated Haila who on impulse picked up a chair and hurled it with force towards the door.She watched it as it traveled towards the door, suddenly a track of light in what appeared to be a hand caught the chair and slowly lowered it to the ground.
A misty lighted face that of a beautiful women appeared and a voice as if of angels did Haila hear in her head go in peace my child, let you not allow your anger to rule you. Then the face and both were gone as if they had never been.Before Haila could speak of this she was yelled to from behind by the War Cleric Cor and told to catch up, his smile as that of knowing....

The party reached the courtyard to find all the Pegasi grounded and thier Captain awaiting the party's return.
As Dru came forward he gave his report as to what he and his troopers had found.The burnt area was clearly the result of a breath weapon by what creature he could only guess, most likely a dragon or some such.In the area of the burn were the bodies of many men in Armor and without, burnt almost to the bare bones.
As for the large rift no clues to it did they have but natural it surely was not.
Also he told her,though they a building had not entered he was sure the one of fire blackened rumble to be the barracks of the men now nothing but burnt bones.And that the second of the 3 still standing buildings he believed from his prior trips here to be a holy crypt of the Monastery's dead.Its state or condition not known to him at this time....

The Lady Dru then told the Captain of the party's desire to fly upon the Pegasi to the Mountains of Steel this very day.When told of this the Captain informed her a straight flight would put them there well after dark, and his men had only enough supplies for the rest of the day and the morrow before having to resupply.
He proposed a compromise as the town of Raheirn lay along thier path and was almost a half way point they could fly there, spend the night, resupply and head out in the morn and reach the mountains midday tommorrow.So it was settled a night in town it would be....

Then came the matter of horse's for some of the party had arrived upon them and not by flight.
As those began to worry again about the care of thier steads, the Captain once again stepped forward with a solution.As the Dawrf Cor had trained with them and was skilled in airbourne flight he would be allowed to pilot a pegasi with the Gnome Cesair as his passenger.The trooper thus dismounted would gather the horse's and return with them to Celebrimbor to await the party's return.As for the Goblin he would be placed inside a sack head and arms out, but bound together along side the Captain's and Dru's mount....

Finally all was ready the party mounted Cor finally gaining his wish.With a call to all the Captain took them to flight.
They headed north and 3 hours before the coming of night reached the small yet well kept town of Raheirn.As the Pegasi troopers and the party's reputations were both well known, rooms were had to be at no cost to any.
It was here the party finally sought rest for on the morrow the real search was too begin.....

OOC:Ok I noticed that we had a lack of members posting this time only 6 out of 10, I hope everyone who did not post is ok. I will post next on Monday have a fun weekend.
As for the matter of a chat room everyone who is interested give me a day thats best for you and maybe we can work it out to do it once or twice a month to talk about the campaign and get to know each other better.Have a good time in town.....


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:43:14.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


29

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Town, Tavern, Song
Posted on 12/12/2004 at 7:45:41 PM (CST)

Dru was quite happy to finally arrive at Raheirn. She was getting quite sick of those large rats with wings. Though they where very beautiful and graceful creatures. There was something about them she didn’t quite like. She dismounted and turned to the group. “You are all free to do what you want, just make sure you’re here on time In the morning..” With that she took to the streets. She stopped at several shops and looked at their merchandise. She couldn’t find much that would interest her. She put her hood up as she slowly walked threw the back allies of the small town. She knew no one could see her, with her hood up unless actually looking for her.


By the time she reached her next destination it was beginning to get dark. She slipped into one of the taverns. She slowly walked to the end of the bar and took a seat alone. Then removed her hood. Her light blonde hair fell and framed her face softly. She ordered an ale as she looked around. She removed her fife from a hidden pocket in her robe. She started to play a slow soft melody, that seemed to calm all around her. The loud chattering seemed to drop away into dead silence. As all eyes tuned to her, when she was sure she had everyone attention. She let the fife fall from her lips, and let her voice continue the same melody as she softly began to sing...




When the enemy's surrounding,
and we think our nerves will fail,
when we hear the trumpets sounding,
and they make us quake and quail,
grab your mug and we'll be pounding
down another round of ale!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!


If there ever comes the day
when we think that we are lost,
when we think that we must pay
that most dear and final cost,
we'll just pass around the tray,
and feel better when we're sauced!


And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!


When we're angry and upset,
'cause we ain't been getting paid,
when we're tired, cold and wet,
and a little bit afraid,
we'll keep drinking and forget
that we ever were dismayed!


And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

When the boredom makes us jumpy,
and the motion makes us ill,
when the food is cold and lumpy,
a disgusting, slimy swill,
there's no reason to be grumpy;
tap the keg, and drink your fill!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!

When the captain's really sore,
'cause he thinks he's being mocked,
when he's pounding on our door,
and we're certain to get socked,
have a drink, and tease him more;
we'll feel nothing if we're crocked!

And we'll drink,
to the glory of adventure!



Though the song is supposed to be sang quickly and in a chanting like fashion. She sang it as a ballad, which some would most likely say is better. Her voice floated threw out the small tavern. As her words ended she again picket up her fife and ended the song with the melody slowly fading out. She looked around and quickly finished off her ale, to sooth her dry mouth. She smiled as she went back to minding her own business.... As did most of the other people as they broke free from the trance she had put them in, and continued with there meals and conversations.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Posting for Cor.
Posted on 12/13/2004 at 2:08:57 PM (CST)

Cor landed and jumped off the Pegasi. The look on his face was that of joy. Not the kind of joy a warrior has in the midst of battle but that of a small child with a new toy and a bag full of hard candy with a sunny day to play and not have a care in the world. He walked with the other riders toward the stable.

“Sir Cor, you do not have to bother yourself with such work.” one of the pegasi troopers said. “One of use will make sure Swift Wind is properly looked after and bedded down for the evening.”

“I will not hear of such talk. My wine skin is still wet and it would be my pleasure to do such work as you call it. Lead on and we will have no such talk again.”

Cor spent the next couple of hours tending to Swift Wind . When all was done that needed tending to Cor asked, “Where can a dwarf get a good drop of ale, a good meal, and a good bed?” after getting his answer he set off to an evening of food, wine, marry making and rest (eventually).

Cor walked the streets making his way to his final destination; he kept an eye open for any shop that would be a good place to restock supplies that only a war cleric such as he would need.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

'Moving on'
Posted on 12/13/2004 at 7:32:06 PM (CST)

When Dru finally stepped in and stopped the opening of the door Ulthok felt his words were at least listened to by some. He knows that the fighters and warriors in the group wou;d not be happy with him interfering in their decision to check the locked room, but he had a feeling that the room really did not need to be checked. Anyways Dru had made her decision and they where leaving for the mountains. Falling in line with Hawk he leads the way back through the temple always alert for anything that might hint at danger finally back by the shattered statues and out into the light.

Once back to the rides a couple of problems needed to be dealt with first the Pegasi needed to resupply for the longer flight and something had to be done with the horses of those who rode in.
After some discussion a plan was arrived at that took care of the horses, but Ulthok was not really happy about the overnight delay of their flight into the mountains but there was nothing he could do but make the best of their overnight stop. Mounting his Pegasi he goes over ideas in his mind that might help them once they do get to the mountains. He decides to use his time in the city to do some research about the mountains of Steel.

Once they arrive in the city he gets a room for the night where everyone else does. Then once he checks in and checks out his room he heads out into the city of Raheirn. Before leaving the inn he will talk to anyone he comes across asking where he would find the city library (if there is one) and who in town could he speak with that would be knowagable in the layout and history of the lands that lie from the city and into the Steel Mountains. He also makes a note to himself to stop in at any army or guard post in the city to see if there has been any Goblin activity of note in the area. He is looking to find any information he can about the mountains any cave systems that are known any maps that might be available. He would like to talk to anyone who has traveled in the area and anyone who might know anything about Goblin activity in the Steel Mountains.

As he tries to get any information he can that might help in their expedition tomorrow he also watches for any shops that he might find that carry items a mage or thief might find useful.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Conall spends the evening on the town
Posted on 12/13/2004 at 9:14:01 PM (CST)

Conall having made his way out of the monastery with the others, he mounts his pegasi to witch he is assigned and during the flight out he keeps an eye to the ground to spy out any signs of troop movement or people fleeing. After all that many goblins would have left some kind of trail and perhaps if you could spot it he could get words somehow to Taila might be able to surmise the size and strength of the army that hit the monastery.

Upon landing Conall made the check in at the local inn where the rest of the party was staying and then made inquires to where he may find the local Temple of Odin. As he made his way to the temple, he stopped by the vender selling bread and sweet rolls to make a precious. He passed out sweet rolls to the street kids and dropped loafs of bread in the laps of street beggars. Once at the temple he made his prayers and the evening vespers. When they were over he passed out some copper and silver to the beggars out front of the temple and then made his way back to the Inn. Stopping along the way to resupply. He would then spend some time preparing for the next day and then finds the local tavern.

He entered the tavern and found a place in the common room and ordered an evening meal and a good drop of ale. Conall would spend the rest of the evening listening to local news, and the tails of any travelers that might happen by. If asked he would give a story or two but would keep news of the monastery and the treasure he seeks to himself. If spies were about he would not want to give word of their number or destination. Just the fact that pegasi troopers landed with cargo would be news enough. If there was dancing he would also kick up a heal or two. Eventually Conall would excuse himself and find his way back to his room and then to sleep.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

Haila Hits The Town
Posted on 12/14/2004 at 3:36:19 AM (CST)

Haila balked at getting on one of the peguses. There were safer ways of transportation than a beast that didn't know if it was a chicken or a horse. Not to mention leaving behind FleetFoot! Haila mused for a moment that she was probably way to attached to her animals. Finally she was pursuaded to allow the guard to take her horse to the Ivy Spire her parents home a few days to the south. She offered Ceasiar and Alisdair places in the family stable. Granted her parents had never housed a wolfmount but they were adaptable as was Balston, her mother's venerable feline familar. Grabbing her saddlebags she tentatively walked over to the flying horses.

Finally the journey was over she didn't want to go through that again anytime soon. On unsteady legs she wobbled to the inn. Leaning heavily on the bar she looked the innkeep in the eye. "Bath, now."

Sinking into the tub she felt whole and human for the first time in a few days. Muscles started to unknot, grime began to loosen. She grabbed a bar of lilac and sage soap. Dunking her head she started to wash the blood out of her hair. If she had a bard there would probably be a song in there somewhere. She rose of the waterto see her twin. Inevitably they started a water fight shreiking with laughter.

Pulling herself reluctantly from the bath she slid into her favorite dress. She knew it wouldn't be stolen as it was a little too low and tight for her more conservative twin. In the hour before dusk she ran through a few shops. Looking about mostly. She grabbed some new underpadding for her armour, a few assorted spell components. There was some freshly dyed wool and she picked up a few balls of it as well.

The common room wasn't too full as she ate her meal next to the fire. She had her purchases taken upstairs, and started mending her tunics her stitches so fine one could barely see them. Looking about for a bit she realized this wasn't the type of common room she was most comfortable. Sighing she headed to the bad part of town (which wasn't that far from the good part really)she spent the night cheating outrageously at cards and drinking some pretty decent mead. She staggered back to her inn and collapsed into her bed happy and a bit drunk. Maybe next time everyone else would come along.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

A night on the town....
Posted on 12/14/2004 at 4:15:54 AM (CST)

Cesair thanked the lovely Haila for her offer of her family looking after Silvano. Although the wolf would need little looking after for he could take care of himself, it would be an easy place for the duo of gnome and wolf to meet back up. And so after turning his lupine companion over to the soldier he got astride the peagasus.

This was a first for ole Cesair and he marveled at the experience and took note to lean dangerously over as to get a better look at everything. Before he knew it the ride was over and the party was turned loose on the town. Shouldering his pack, the small gnome huridly made his way to the inn that was mentioned buy the king's man and got himself a room. His clothes were literaly a bloody mess. He arranged for a bath and after that dug out his finest traveling clothes.

On his head he wore his green highland cap, over his upper torso he wore a clean white shirt, he also wore his clan's kilt about his waist and drapped over his shoulder. The kilt was mainly stitched of browns with interwoven patterns of green, yellow, and blue. On his feet he wore his boots of elvenkind. He slung his sword about his waist and headed for the door.

After the group had landed, the halfling had took off and was overheard asking about a library, so Cesair felt that Ulthok would have that avenue of information covered. With that in mind Cesair headed for a seedy little dive, a place where he could play cards, eat and drink his fill, all the while seeking information from those he carroused with. It did not take him long to find the rowdy Haila, and since she was of simular mindset, the two shared several tankards of mead and hands of cards as well. The gnome smiled at the lass over his cards, he was delighted to see that she cheated so caprisiously, between the two of them the people at their table did not stand a chance.

The mead was passable considering the dive they were in, Cesair made sure not to drink too much for he decided to keep an eye on Haila's safety. When she was ready to call it a night, Cesair excused himself from the table and escorted the lass back to the inn. Once there he retired to his room(which he will share with anyone who wants to share a room with him) and gets out his spell books, he studies to replenish the spells he had cast that day before going to bed.

Taila Torren
Occasional Visitor
Posts: 10
Reply | Edit

A relaxing evening...
Posted on 12/14/2004 at 5:40:37 AM (CST)

Taila was a bit relieved when Dru finally made her decision to get the hell out of dodge and get on the way to find the one they were sent to retrieve. She made her way out with the rest of the group. She sensed something strange regarding her twin, however by the time she turned to see what it was all she saw was a strange look on her sister’s face. She met Haila’s eyes briefly, a slightly questioning look in her own.

The group got outside and she went to her horse and prepared to mount him when the decision was made that they will ride the flying horses. She glanced at the Pegasi, then back at her horse. Taila smiled as her sister had an excellent idea. “A wonderful idea indeed, sister.” she said as Haila had her horse taken back to their home. She had hers taken back as well, before she eagerly went to whichever magnificent creature was hers to ride.

She marveled at the strength in the animal’s body as it took off in flight and flew through the air. She looked around to see that the rest of the group did not appear to be as happy about the chance to ride one of these creatures as she was. She had not felt this free since she found out her sister was on this mission. She had been so worried for Haila’s safety she hadn’t had even a moment to think before she had acted. Now, knowing her twin was quite safe and in apparently capable hands, if lude and crude as well, she was able to allow herself to enjoy the feeling of the refreshing wind flowing through her hair and she laughed heartily in absolute enjoyment.

All too soon the ride had come to an end. She followed Cor’s lead and helped take care of the beautiful creature she had ridden, in the stables. She was still breathing heavily from the excitement flowing through her veins from her ride, as she brushed the Pegasi’s hair smoothly along it’s body.

Once done she, easily enough, found the Inn her twin had entered. She knew which it was from the mere looks of strange recognition the people gave her. She went to the bar keep, deciding she needed a bath, and knowing full well that’s where her twin would be. “Bath?” Before she could say another word the bar keep looked up at her in irritation and pointed in the direction of the baths, and said quite irritably, “I already told you it’s over there!” Keeping her laughter to herself she merely smiled at the man and nodded. “Oh right, I do beg your pardon sir.” And she headed in the direction the man had pointed out.

Upon finding her twin she smiled. “You look so innocent in that relaxed state, sister.” she said in a slightly playful way. She thanked the ladies who had prepared her bath for her with fresh steaming water. After removing every stitch of clothing she stepped into the tub and sank low, “Aaaaahhh.”

After laying there for a moment enjoying the water she was practically drowned when suddenly water was thrown onto her face. Loosing herself, she slipped, and her head dunked beneath the water and came back up sputtering her head and face covered with suds. She rubbed the soap from her eyes and looked around in surprise. Her eyes fell on Haila and she gasped, and pointed, “YOU!!!” Taila broke out in a fit of laughter as she said, “You will most assuredly NOT get away with that!” And so the water war was on.

Once Haila was ready to get out, Taila smiled big at her and waved. “I think I’ll just stay here and relax a moment longer, Haila. Don’t stray too far, keep close where I can find you, and stay away from strangers!”

Taila had some fresh steaming water brought in to refill the tub that had quite successfully been emptied of a large amount during their little scrimmage. She pulled some specially scented oil, and a vile of crushed dried flower petals, from her bag and added the appropriate amount of each to her bath water. She was a fighter and just one of the guys for the most part. But she was still a woman through and through and she did tend to enjoy soaking in a bath of jasmine. The heat from the water sent the scent wafting up to her nose and she relaxed fully. She laid her head back against the headrest on the tub and moaned softly as she allowed the heat to envelope her whole body. She soaked in this manner until the steaming water began to cool.

She quickly washed her hair with a shampoo of the same jasmine scent, then washed her body with her specially made jasmine soap. She stepped from the now cooler-than-lukewarm water, and dried off quickly, donning her simple garb. She thought of her sister’s dress and chuckled. “How different we are, though so very much alike.” she mused as she carefully hid her feminine items in her bag.

She went into the common room of the Inn and found her sister there, but she was just leaving, on her way out the door. Taila was about to follow, but stopped herself. “No, she has made it this far without me there to protect her. Perhaps I shall leaver her be and see what happens this night.” Plus the fact that she saw Cesair follow her, helped ease her conscience a bit as well. She sat in a large, overstuffed chair near the fire and combed through her still wet tresses as she thought of the day’s events and all the information gathered in her brain.

She had noticed that Conall had been searching the ground during the flight here. She figured he was looking for tracks or a trail of some kind. She had searched as well and intended to speak with him when the chance arose and see if he saw anything she may have missed.

After a relaxing evening by the fire. She chose to retreat to her room and she retired to the rented bed early. A good night’s rest was always welcome to Taila. Other than a brief interruption when her twin stumbled a bit drunkenly into the room, Taila’s sleep was peaceful and complete after having relaxed so thoroughly in the hot bath.


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:46:04.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6244 Posts


On the Morrow we Fly

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

On the Morrow we Fly
Posted on 12/14/2004 at 6:47:53 AM (CST)

The party had reached the town of Raheirn and once room and board did each have the Lady Drusilia released them to the winds free untill morning...

Though she had given none any orders she worried that a tornado had she just turned loose upon this fair sized but possibly doomed town.
After Browsing in various shops she had that which she needed.Finding her way to a tavern and with all eyes on her she began the singing of a song....Once over she found that people were standing all clapping in awe.
Dru was happy in a job well done....

Cor overjoyed to been given his wish of self controled flight, made sure to clean and maintain the health of Swift Wind himself letting no others near.Once finished and a quick search of shops he had his supplies once again at full and with a good meal in his belly and prayers to his diety done sleep was all that awaited him....

Ulthok found himself to be in more need of Information then surplies.Asking of the Mountains of Steel what he learns sits well not at all with him.
For the last few months it seems not Goblins but more so Orc's, Ogre's and many Hobgoblins have been raiding the outlaying farms for food, workable iron and steel and a wide varity of things not normal to them of thier kind. Though they kill anyone there, they seek not to otherwise.Very strange indeed.With this Info Ulthok return to the task of finding his friends, his money pouch somewhat light....

Conall the Paladin born thought not of shopping or of his needs other then to worship at the feet of his God Odin.The Temple found, his charity was much alive and many a young and old one alike were happier for it.His time at the temple done he returned to the inn shopping not once.
A table, a meal and off to his room.It was thus that sleep found him quickly......

Haila the frustrated one, thrower of chairs and legs was dizzy and not happy with her so called ride upon the ~chicken~.A room and a bath she longed for badly.She had forgotten on the morrow the ~chicken~ would she ride yet again.
After a bath, a surprising water fight with a sister too long gone and a short shopping spree in town.Haila found herself at a table in a tavern a card game with Cesair and others cheatin yet losing and becoming quite drunk. Lucky was she that Cesair was with her for no danger lurked as he guided her home to bed did he.A step, a stagger, a trip and a fall, sleep found her on the bed dressed fully as all....

Cesair too a bath wanted he for the small was not pleasent.
Once dressed in his finist a sight to see, a tavern did he look for a Haila did he see.And as both cheated it was clear to he, Haila poorer and the others up a tree, but for all that richer was he.
The mead having taken its toll on Haila clear it was to him to see her safely back to her bed.Then it was too the books and study and sleep he did need.....

THE MORNING....
Finally the sun had risen and the party assambled at the stables, 9 out of 10 did they have.
Hailia they all saw was no where to be found.
Panic , Worry and dismay but Cesair knowing of all informed them of where it possible she be.
Conall with Taila behind found Haila where Cesair had fortold.
Stuffing her belongs and items anew into her bags her sister at the help he carried her semi-aware but clearly still drunk to the back of her pegasi.Strapped to the trooper and the horse's haunch they were now ready to fly.
To his own fault the trooper allowed himself the fun of a rough takeoff, only to feel down the back of his shirt a sicking wetness and clumps of food, the discharge of Haila's frail stomach.The flight for both would not be pleasent....

After two stops for rest and for Haila to discharge the remains of her yet weak stomach. And with the help of Cor slowly recover to herself the Mountain's of Steel were in sight.
The Goblin pointing at a wide pathed ledge easily wide for all.A landing made and a large cave above them at 800 feet the pegasi quickly airbourne again to them no danger was to see...


The party Taila at its head and the others close behind up to the cave went they.Many footprints did Taila see Orc, Hobgoblin, and Ogre for sure but a a set of many she had never before seen.
Also to her trained eyes no Dragon tracks were to be found.Then the cave they had reached and Dru gave her orders of march.With the Goblin on a leash the end held by the one so ordered into the cave they moved....

Down the tunnel they went moving deeper into the earth the Goblin guiding the way.A turn here another twist there the way seemed endless but was only a mile.Then around yet another turn and without warning the sound of 4 Gutteral voices raised in anger was heard...

The Language of 3 no one knew but the fourth was clearly Orcish as reported by Drusilia, Ulthok and Cesair all.The Orc they said was telling the other 3 voices that it was not the fault of him or his.Taila risking a quick look beyond the tunnels curve sees what is before the party as foes.She spies 4 Ogre's in Half Plate armed with spiked metal clubs, 8 orc's in full Chain Mail armed with swords, 3 also carry crossbows cocked, and 4 Hobgoblins in Full Plate Armor, helms and all.They are armed also with swords.Of all the armor worn uncommon in itself Taila see's that the Plate worn by the Hobgoblins is best in shape of all...

She tells this to the party and of the area itself.It is 100x150 and seems to be an underground beach with a river flowing to the west and 8 boats upon the shore.A tunnel opening is located to the north and it is 20 wide by 50 high.The creatures all stand before it, sneaking by she tells everyone is not an option...


The party once again faces combat what each will do or say is at this time yet unknown What they can tell by themself's each and everyone is the real search is about to begin........


OOC:Ok everyone its Combat time again you have first actions this rd as they do not yet know your here.
As for the shopping in town here are the items and the prices for each in the Magic shop.Only those that posted shopping have access to buying them.The order is as posted in this post so please read a post before to see if said item was already bought by another.Send to my email all that each of you bought in the the various shops so I can deduct the cost from your money and add said items to your character.Please no need to post it or if you do not want to send it to my email, post it in the Non-game thread.
MAGIC SHOP.....
1 Potions Healing 200gp(1 bought by Conall)
1 Potion Treasure Finding 600gp
1 Oil of Disenchantment 750gp
2 Potions Flying 500gps each
1 Potion Levatation 250gp
1 Scroll of Protection Dragon Breath/ Blue 2000gp
1 Scroll Protection Possession 2000gp
1 Bag Holding 35pds 5000gp
1 Ring Animal Friendship 1000gp

Thats all he has at this time again if you bought something let me know don't post it in the game thread.Next post will be on Thursday.


Posted on 2006-09-19 at 02:49:08.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.