The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3890 registered users. Our newest member is ray-kanen.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Recruitment Threads - Noob LFG (posted by dragon-soul92)Noob LFG
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by TannTalas)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, breebles, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

How I Roll
Price: $17.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Stupid
Price: $16.00

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

"Indeed, Cor, when those blue butterflies get full size, they have been known to carry off cattle."

Cynil laughs brightly, something she has not done in a while.

After Conall speaks of going out scouting she speaks again, "I can turn into a bird, like a falcon, and go looking about, and Rayne can send her owl, that way we can cover more area."

"And anyway, if the being or creature that ripped those bodies apart has any sort of intelligence, then it, they will see the smoke of that fire and come here."

Cynil divests herself of her backpack, but keeps her staff and her pouch of components.


Posted on 2007-10-19 at 02:47:38.
Edited on 2007-10-19 at 02:49:52 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


Druids are dense as oak some times

"I believe that Connal meant more of a commune with nature spell than becoming an animal and searching. Perhaps that pretty butterfly has seen what caused this loss of life. I for one do not support the notion of galavanting around in small groups looking for who know what that has killed a large group of individuals. If it comes to us, so be it but we need not go looking just yet. If the plants have no answer I can pray for a speek with dead spell in the morning."



Posted on 2007-10-19 at 23:46:25.
Edited on 2007-10-20 at 02:25:42 by Keeper of Dragons

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne


"Thank you, Cynil," states Rayne "though all I wanted is someone to sit on Ariel's back with me. I was going to take a look shortly before the sunset in case this thing hunts at night. But I would be back before full dark.

To the Cor, she turns, "I think you proposal of praying for Speak with Dead, is an excellent idea, though I think I will still go up with another spotter, and Arven, all the same."

"Right now I plan to look at these bones and come up with what information I can such as, were they snapped aparts, or smashed? Are there teeth marks, or claw marks and if so how big? Anyone care to help me with this?"


Posted on 2007-10-20 at 03:38:29.
Edited on 2007-10-20 at 04:20:53 by Brianna

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


"Yes, Rayne I can ride with you, I am the lightest of the group. As for communing with the plants and animals I would have to find where the deaths occured, and then speak to the plants there or any animals about. It would do not good to speak to any animal or plant here, they are not like people and they do not pass along information."



Posted on 2007-10-20 at 04:28:39.
Edited on 2007-10-20 at 04:29:58 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


Now boarding pegasus flight 1

"Well, you two have a good flight. I will take a look at the bones with Connal and see if we can make sense of them. I will change spells in the morning. As for the plants, can;t hurt to ask, they might have seen something. If not nothing lost but time."


Posted on 2007-10-20 at 21:02:55.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Among the wounded and the dead...

“If you two are to go then be safe and stay high. Come back to use here as you left, alive and well.” Conall then looks to the others, “Stay sharp, it seems we always seem to find ourselves among the wounded or the dead,” as Conall speaks the last he motions toward the bones.


Posted on 2007-10-23 at 03:19:47.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

"I am after information. I do not plan on anything else. I will keep Cryil and myself as safe as I can, but the information we gain may be wital to success of our mission. We cannot afford to lose anyone wlse."

How easily that "we" came out of her lips, but she meant it every word. THeir mission was her mission. She would see it though regardless of the adversity. She had been is tough tight situations before. Keepong a cool head and an acute awareness helped.

Rayne mouint up on Ariel and calls of arven to flight. WE hunt my friends she uses her ring to communicate to her companions. She hold out a hand to Cryil and helps her up. THe woman was slight and did not weight much. HOld out her she points to the back of hersaddle. it had special hand holds for passengers. MOre than once Rayne had sweep down in battle to take up kep personel and comrades who had been sowned. THer was also a belt tethered with two stout straps to the saddle. "Fasten this around you, Cyril and cinch it up tight around you waist

"Up, Airel" and with that the magnificent golden winged shestnut Pegasus lifted off from the ground and easily. Most people did not realized that Pegasi could not fly but fpr the fact they levitated. THe wings were use to propel them through the air and to turn or stoop, or almost hover. They got their lift from their innate ability to levitate.

Quickly, Airel spiraled up into the air using thermals to aid her. She knew the command hunt well. At Rayn's slight pressure she turned in a pattern to cover the ground below.

"Cyril keep a watch on the left I will keep watch on the right."

THus she covered the area over and around the river from in the direction that the river flowed from. as best she could looking for what may have been the cause of these bones in the river."

If Rayne sees nothing, but before it is dark she settles near where she found the bones looks for wolves or some other intelligent creature she cn talk to. Bear were okay but a bit slow, Raven and birds of prey were good though. THe raven was always curious and a watcher and knew things that were going on. Haeks and eagles covered large areas and perhaps had seen this thing. WOlves were one of her favorite animals to contact. She really missed Storm adn Shadow her to companions. Wolves ran in packs and more than that packs communicated with one another. (I don't know is summon animal would bring in a particular type pf animal for her to speak with. Actually if she saw signs of wolves at any time she goies down to try to talk with them using her ring to aid her.).

Posted on 2007-10-23 at 05:24:35.



Posted on 2007-10-23 at 05:27:19.

Eol Fefalas
Witless Protection
RDI Staff
Karma: 443/28
7149 Posts


Flappin an magic? Howsabout a little footwork?

Divot had never been one for what he called the ‘boring parts’ of an adventure – the traveling to and fro, the lazing chitty-chat around the campfires, and the seemingly endless hours of rowing (as was the case on this trip). This adventure, though, seemed to hold something different for the scrappy Halfling. The days of fishing and singing with his brother, coming to terms with the Knight Cleric, Cor, over their earlier disagreement (not to mention helping to return a good soaking when the dwarf had shown his playful side by dowsing Ulthy and himself), and, overall, the way this group worked together seemed to have taken the yawns off of this dreaded facet of the adventuring gem.

The pleasantly surprising differences aside, though, Divot still found himself almost relieved when Rayne’s advanced scouting had turned up what appeared to be a gods-awful amount of humanoid bones (some still with bits of flesh attached) floating in the river. Of course, the elf-lass had returned with one of these bones stored away in a pouch and, at that, the party had convened again to review the findings and make decisions as to how to proceed. A more thorough scouting expedition had been called for, of course, broadening the scope of the search and scouring more than perhaps just the river’s track for clues as to what may have befallen the poor souls whose bones now floated in the waters. Rayne and Cynil, mounted on the ranger’s Pegasus, it seemed would be scouting, once more, from the air and there was other talk about praying for spells and communing with nature in order to glean more information. It seemed odd to the tunnelrat, though, that, so far, no one had suggested a more simple, down to earth approach.

“Ach,” he chuckled, only half joking, “why go getting’ all fancy-schmancy ‘bout the thing?” His eyes swept the landscape surrounding them, then ticked from the upstream end of the river to the downstream end as if verifying which way the search would run. Then, tugging his axe from where his harness kept the thing strapped to his chest, he used it to point roughly in the direction that Rayne had indicated she had found the carnage; “Why not just send some feet that way an’ have a poke about from eye-level, eh? Jus’ b’cuz them bones was roilin’ inna water like s’many turds in a sewer don’ necessarily mean tha’ wha’ever put ‘em there’s gonna be found wigglin’ inna muck, do it?

If’n ya don’ mind none, I’d likes ta take me a gander at what might be up that way meself. Get a set o’ eyes on it what ain’t scores o’ feet inna air, ya know?”

((OOC: Okay… left a LOT of stuff out of this where backposting is concerned in hopes of actually posting (sorry about not being able to keep up where that was concerned).Anyhoo, Divot’s excited about there being possibly more to do than paddle… he’s hoping that he’ll be able to go exploring, too… ))


Posted on 2007-10-23 at 15:46:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


the whatever

Cor smiled, "No my friend finding the bones in the water doesnl't mean the beastie is in there. Of course it doesn't mean it isn't either. An elder paladin once passed to me an interesting saying 'The are old aventurers and there are bold aventurers. But there are no old, bold adventurers.' Let those in the air scout first and then we can make a ground excursion if they find naught."



Posted on 2007-10-24 at 00:32:14.

Eol Fefalas
Witless Protection
RDI Staff
Karma: 443/28
7149 Posts


No? Are ye sure? Meh... okay, then...

Divot's eyes turned in Cor's direction when the cleric, at least for the time, quashed any thoughts of a ground based search run in tandem with the airborne one.

"Hokay, then," Divot's shrug inidcated indifference but the expression on his face belied his disappointment, "If ye sez so, Cor." Re-hanging his axe in it's harness, the tunnelrat padded back towards the canoe and leaned against the banked end of the craft. "If ye change yer mind, though," he sighed, his disappointed expression morphing into one of abject boredom, "I's got nuffin' better ta do."



Posted on 2007-10-24 at 14:20:36.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


One Thing at a Time.

Ulthok continues to fish for bones as everyone else makes plans to do some more scouting mainly from the back of Raynes mount.Her and Cynil will take an aerial look aroundAs they take off Ulthok will call in his owl Omensamen.As he does he sets his fishing pole down and holds out his arm for her to land on.When she does the first thing he does is offer her some of the nuts he keeps for her.After that he will try to find out from her if she has encountered or seen anything in the area she has been scouting that might account for the bones that keep floating by them down the river.

If there is any info at all he will when he is finished here he will impart that to the rest of the group.As he communes with the great owl he scratches her behind the ears as she likes that and as he does she spreads her great wings out so he can scratch under her left wing, for some reason she as a sensitive spot there that she likes him to rub.After a couple of minuets of that she flutters her wings and folds them back in and then walks up his arm and starts to peck gently at his skull right where his pony tail is pulled tight against his head.As much as he would hate to admit it, and even though he does try to stay cleansed while on the road as they seem to be so much it is almost impossible to keep everything out of his long hair.Omensamen likes to return the favor of him scratching and rubbing her soar spots by doing a little housecleaning of her own, and she picks anything she might see in his hair out.It actually always feels good and does help him keep his head clean when sleeping outdoors and on the ground.After there mutual grooming session is finished he lets the great owl know he would like her to go back up and follow in the same direction that Rayne and Cynil had just gone and add her eyes to the search they where undertaking and then to return when they did.So he send Omensamen back out.
While working with his owl he over hears Divot talking ”Why not just send some feet that way an' have a poke about from eye level, eh? Jus cuz them bones was roilin' inna water like s'many turds in a sewer don' necessarily mean tha' wha'ever put' em there's gonna be found wigglin inna muck do it.? Ulthok smiles to himself. Picking up his fishing gear he makes his way over to Divot.So'un big brother your'en tendency to want to run off by yourself hasn't waned much I see, still get antsy when the action is tuned down for awhile.Well believe me if this mission holds true to what we've come accross'n so far you'll have plent'o fightin and killnto come. We tend to stay in groups and only do one thing ata time if a ground reconnaissance becomes necessary you'll get a crack now however you need to learn to enjoy the off times. Grabbin his pole back up he hollers back at Divot over his shoulder. Com'on bro help me pull in some more of these bones so the others have more to examine and maybe find out what our hungry friend tends to like for dinner. He will then start casting his line back in trying to snag any bones still drifting by keeping a sharp eye out for a skull.


Posted on 2007-10-24 at 15:04:09.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


A promise

Cor heard the dejection in Divot's voice though his face showed no sign of disappointment. "If the time comes for a foot search I promise you will be amoung those who conduct it. In fact, why don't you choose the folks who you think should go, come up with a plan and perhaps you can lead the expedition?"


Posted on 2007-10-24 at 18:44:11.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
Karma: 171/115
6096 Posts


The journey continues

With Rayne’s return and her showing of what she had found a number of ideas were brought to the fore. A detailed examination of the bones and with the added help of a few magic spells cast revealed the mark of both large and small teeth that the owners of the bones for the most part had been human in nature, had been eaten between 2-4 days ago and were from the areas around the river. Then after some discussion it was decided that Rayne with Cynil behind her would do an aerial scout of the area. Within moments, with a slightly disappointed Halfling watching as he was left behind, the two were airborne and away.

For the next three hours the two did search but it was to no avail as with the coming of night and these hours of fruitless searching no threat or creature had the two discovered.
Back to the camp they did go to tell of nothing found and so did the party camp for the night with watches on the hour set.

The night around them quiet, the trees rustling with the wind from a slight breeze, the river flowing along as if eternal, for this eve no threat did approach.
Then as it had been for days uncounted the sun once again broke the horizon and dawn came to the land once more. With both a quick meal and foot patrol of the area behind them, finding no immediate danger, it was time to once again move upriver.

Canoes loaded and Rayne once more to the air the party again north did row and as before the river though smooth did have a strong current headed south. No creature or threat did Rayne in her job as the parties airborne scout find, the creature or creatures perhaps not in this area on this day. Morning turned to afternoon, afternoon turned to night and once again camp was set, a meal eaten, guards placed and sleep taken.

Again upon the coming of the dawn all were up and after yet another foot patrol revealed no enemies to the canoes did go. But the river this day did start to change as more and more of the trees did enclose the river and blocked the sun above. Rayne upon her Pegasus many a time did lose sight of those below until finally the ground, the river and the party itself did disappear under the cover of darkened trees. For the party below the land became as if dark as night, with only a few rays of penetrating sunlight giving any light at all. The trees it seemed began to form almost a tunnel of overhanging branches and trunks all black and gnarled as if twisted by madness, yet Conall his passive ability of detect evil always on felt nothing.

Then almost as if placed there for them to find a clearing in the trees did appear and the sun’s light shown down, its rays landing on a neatly stacked pile of white skulls numbering at least two dozen. The clearing itself appeared well used with a stone fire pit, metal rods blacked by use and wooden logs placed as to cover its perimeter from the trees and to give a measure of protection from nature’s elements.
With the way ahead still dark as night here it seemed was the last rays of a soon to disappear sun....

(OOC: WOW!! I mean WOW!!! 20 posts between my posts thats a record people even with a skipped post by me there has never been that many posts before I am truly amazed. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

For that I am awarding 30,000 EXP to everyone and adding that to the EXP up to this point since last I added any and that brings the total rounded up to 100,000. I will be adding these points to everyones sheet starting tommorrow and over the weekend so look to your sheets by monday to see if anyone went up in level.
Ok next post next Wednesday and again people hell of a job!! Thank you.


Posted on 2007-10-25 at 04:38:58.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2121 Posts


How convenient

Cor looked over the clearing taking in the fire pit, logs and bones. "Well we don't have to forage for wood if we stay here. Not that I am overly fond of using someone or something else's camp site. The owner might be a bit preturbed to find squatters. But we don't seems to have much choice. There is precious little light left this day so I suggest we do a quick search or the area and see what we turn up. Unless there is an objection I suggest Divot and I check 10-2 on the clock face, Connel and Ulthok check 2-6, Rayne, Halia and Althena check 6-10. Do not tarry long, this is a quick search. If all is well we can set camp and arrange the watch schedule." He waited for answers from the others.


Posted on 2007-10-26 at 00:08:30.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


What does the moon look like?

Conall paused for a second and thought… “What cycle was the moon in last night?” with that he looked sky ward.

“This place is clearly used by those that are lost and my teachings as a young child taught me that those who would use such a place often did so at the time of the new moon or the time when the moon was full. If we are not with in two days either side of those two cycles of the moon then yes, let us give a quick look see and then make camp.” Conall glanced over at Ulthok, “You fancy taking a walk with one who has not been right in the head or should Cor find another for me to search with?” A smile drifted across the Paladin’s face as he asked the question.


Posted on 2007-10-26 at 01:32:04.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.