The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4008 registered users. Our newest member is xmasztime.
Online members: Bromern Sal, Eol Fefalas, trantu0201993
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Keeper of Dragons)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Destiny Flight - QnA (posted by Bromern Sal)Destiny Flight - QnA
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Keeper of Dragons)The Trilogy War
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Women's RDI Logo Tee
Price: $16.50



RDI T-shirts!

Trust the DM
Price: $17.00

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Charge... Run Away!

Conall feels the heat roll over his back and then the forest is ablaze around him. “What in the depths of the underworld was that!?” with out thought did he yell. He knew another volley of arrows would be arriving soon so he kept his head down and shield up, but none did come. With a fire burning almost out of control around him he had but one thought, ‘To the river!’ So Conall did he get up and run to the river.


Posted on 2007-12-28 at 06:43:41.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Great Balls of Fire

Pre Explosion or before I throw the oil.

Ulthok watched as Cor and Conall made their dashes to the tree line as arrows continue to fall from the sky, D**m he thinks how many archers could there possibly be, though he still thinks it is the trees themselves that they are fighting, and that is why he does what he does. Seeing the small fire that Halia had started with her spell he decides to throws a vial of oil at the fire As he pulls his arm back to throw first one arrow strikes him blunted and slowed by his cloak and body suit does little damage but the second strikes true and embeds itself in his armpit ignoring the pain he finishes his throw and the vial strikes the tree above the flames.

The reaction is instantaneous as the high heat from the magical fire interact with not just the oil in the vial but because of the way the vial breaks above the fire the high heat from the magical fire acts at once upon the flammable vapors spreading and now mixed with oxygen the simple vial of oil acts as an air bomb. The resulting blast probably 100 times what Ulthok had expected, no one in the camp unaffected by the powerful blast. As he tried to hide back under the second canoe the blast wave over took him and blasted their boat apart. Before he can do anything he finds himself tossed into the river at his back his body now hurting not only from the arrow hits but now from being pummeled by wooden shrapnel.

Post Explosion or my actions for this round.

Quickly standing to find he is not in to deep of water Ulthok will first take whatever movement he will need to so that he is once again on dry land. Looking around at the carnage he has once again caused he is surprised the area of the campsite is rapidly turning into an inferno it seems most of the trees are on fire as well as some larger chunks of wood that where blasted out are burning. With the fire however he notices that the arrow fire has ceased, but as he scans he can see at least two of his comrades seem to be down and in immediate danger. Then he hears Divot calling for help “I need help Rayne is down and dying I need something to heal her with now!”... Ulthok will scramble from where he is to over to where Divot and Rayne are in order to let her use one of his extra heal potions. If he can still in this round he will extract a potion from his pack and use whatever amount of the extra heal potion is needed to bring Rayne back around. If Ulthok can't preform this action this round he will then instruct Divot to get into his pack and use the potion on Rayne.Dear brother would you be so kind as to please take one of my heal potions from my pack and force Rayne to imbibe in some I'm sure she won't mind. Either way he would like to bring her back around this round, for he can't tell how long before they may all need to be fleeing the now expanding and rapidly growing fire he has started. As he and Divot do what they must to bring Rayne back around Ulthok will continue to try to monitor the growing situation of the growing fire trying to establish which way may be the safest and maybe only way out.



Posted on 2007-12-28 at 12:37:29.
Edited on 2007-12-29 at 11:17:23 by Dragonmist

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2206 Posts


Interesting

Picking himself up from the blast Cor thought, "What the heck was that?" Scanning the area for enemy archers he found that none were to be seen. "most interesting, something is certainly wrong here" he thought to himself along with "perhaps the cover of the trees will at least shield me from the arrows".

Cor began a slow search of the area, shield and axe at the ready. He keep an eye on the advancing fire and also scans the trees for signs of archers in case they are elevated.


Posted on 2007-12-28 at 14:37:42.
Edited on 2007-12-30 at 14:07:32 by Keeper of Dragons

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Fire here and fire there but hopefully not on my underw#@&

As he and Divot work on Rayne to bring her back around so she can get herself out of the danger the fire is starting to put us all in.Turning to Divot You know bro I didn't think I was going to cause a major blow out and forest fire, however it may have at least stopped the rain of arrows but put us in a new bind. One problem we have now is one of our boats blew apart in the explosion. I also think we may need to flee from this expanding fire maybe we can get to the other side of the river hopefully the river will act as a natural fire block.
As he is speaking with Divot he will try to scan the area and locate and pin point where each of the other group members are.


Posted on 2008-01-03 at 11:30:13.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Never had she experienced such pain, yet others needed her help and the only way she could heal herself and get to them to change shapes.

So it was the a striped racer (snake) slithered from the river bank and headed out to where others had fallen.

Seeing that Rayne was being seen too, Cynil raises up her head to spot others that may be down. She sees Haila down and without someone to help her, so she slithers over and then changes back into herself.

Not knowing how much time they have before arrows fly again she pulls out the arrows and does a Cure Moderate and then sees if Haila needs more, enough to get her ambulatory. If she does, she will do a Cure Light.


Posted on 2008-01-09 at 02:27:48.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Flames Flames everywhere be there flames.

With the forest in flames, the fire quickly spreading the area around the clearing resembled a miniature hell. If not for the clearing itself those of the party still within it would have quickly found themselves among the flames, but even that small safety zone was deteriorating fast.

With the end of the arrows the combat started by Cor had ended, each side seeming to be more interested in personal safety then continuing the fight. It clearly was time for those in the clearing to depart or suffer the fate of a fiery death.

WITHIN THE TREES
Conall along with Cor, though both were not together, had reached the trees to find no enemies present. As if they had never been no sign did the Paladin or Cleric find at first it was Conall who found the first evidence that there had truly been foes.

Conall, his thought to return to the clearing found himself separated from both it and his friend Cor the flames too thick to move through, and slowly closing around him. The only way yet open was to the North and away from the clearing and the rest of the party.

Moving slowly back he noticed a tree with an open trunk that had not been so a minute earlier, a head appeared and the Paladin found himself staring into the face of the Stranger once again. However, it was for only a moment as the Stranger his body half way out saw the Paladin and quickly retreated back into the tree trunk. The trunk of the tree closed and in another moments time the tree was aflame.

Conall’s choices were slim, attempt to risk the flames and return to the clearing or move north away from both fire and his companions. The wounded Paladin had only seconds to decide.

Cor, found himself in the same if not worse situation due to his height, the flames around him both at his feet and over his head, the smoke almost blinding, very little air to breathe. He had run into the trees perhaps hoping to link up with Conall but if so, his attempt had failed for the large warrior was nowhere in sight. The flames so thick he like Conall did find himself cut off from the clearing and party.

For the dwarf Cleric Knight his options were less then Conall’s as with the smoke, flames and uncertainty of where both Conall and the clearing were his only escape was to the east and away. As Conall, his friend, he had only seconds to decide.

THE CLEARING
Ulthok watched from his place at the shallow part of the rivers bank the results of his actions and soon knew where he needed to be. Moving quickly he heard the call of Divot for help and that Rayne was down, upon reaching both, a Potion to hand he poured its total contents down the Elf maiden Cleric’s throat.
Within seconds, her wounds were gone and she seemed to stir.

“We must get her and the others to the river Brother the flames will not be kept from this clearing for long.”

With that said Divot grabbing Rayne proceeded to lift her up but due to his height was unable to lift her very far.

“Quickly Ulthy grab her legs we need to move now!!”

As the Halflings moved, Divot shouted to Cynil who had moved next to Haila.

“Cynil you must get her up and moving we have to make the river!!”

Cynil having used her ability of shape change to both heal herself and move quickly to Haila’s side found the Fighter/Mage attempting to drink a Potion of pink liquid, clearly one of healing. Taking such from Haila’s hand, she instead pulled the arrows from her body then cast healing upon her, watching as most of the Fighter/Mage’s wounds began to heal.

Hearing Divot’s cry she began to move Haila towards the protection of the river, the air even thinner then before her breath rasping in her lungs.

The flames a combonation of magical and normal roared on spreading as if alive the clearing becoming safe no longer. Five party members together, two alone even from the other, and a 8th under a canoe mayhap forgot by all.

SOMEWHERE ELSE
“No Da***t I will not leave here without you I shall stay forever!”

Alasdair this time did not reply but continued to look to her with eyes so very sad.

“You must my love for even now one of them approaches.”

“A Wraith nears them?”

“Yes she who is know as the Soulcatcher”

“No not her she is one of the worst of them, but if I return I will never see you again.”

“No my love I will always be here with you, to guide you, to help you for fill your destiny. And when that is finally done, we will be together forever. But now you MUST return they have need of you.”

And then without further words Althena found herself lying on a hot beach, a canoe over her head flicking light coming through the bottom of it.
The canoe lifted away she for the first time since Alasdair’s ‘death’ took in the real world around her. The flames seeping into the clearing, Cynil, Ulthok, Rayne, Haila and a second Halfling unknown to her heading for the safety of the river behind her, Conall and Cor gone. Thinking quickly she grabbed the three packs around her, one of which hers, and headed to the river to join the others, back once more into the world of the living and once again aware of her role in it.

“I will not fail you my love” she spoke to herself as towards the others she moved.

( (OOC: Ok everyone here’s my post for this week I hope you enjoy it.
As for the characters, I have updated the hit points of those that healed and Rayne along with Haila are slowly becoming active again and can post as normal.
Next post next Wednesday same Rdinn channel, same Rdinn time.)


Posted on 2008-01-10 at 06:15:57.
Edited on 2008-01-10 at 16:47:29 by TannTalas

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


One Returns

As soon as Ulthok and Divot got the healing potion into Rayne they each took a side arms or feet and started to carry,drag her over to the upside down boat, at the same time yelling for Cynil to quickly get Halia and do the same.Once gathered around the overturned boat Ulthok realizes two things, One they only have one boat now the other blew apart in the explosion. Second both Cor and Conall where stuck somewhere on the other side of the tree line since that was where they ran to before he decided to blow the place up. With the fire roaring through all the trees he realizes they are probably stuck on the other side of the trees. When they reach the boat they will discover that Althena has come out from under the boat. Ulthok will at once speak to her. Althena dear lady you back with us Oh yes Thank the gods, we are in a real bind.
OOC:I need some answers to the questions I posted in the Q&A before I finish as well as seeing what Althena might be able to do.


Posted on 2008-01-12 at 16:50:06.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2206 Posts


Strategic withdrawl

Cor could feel the heat from eeh fire, it was hot indeed. His lungs burned as he struggled to breath in the smokey air. 'Blast it all.' he thought as he searched the area. No longer did he search for enemy archers but rather for an escape route. There seemed to be a break to the east and so it was that direction he headed. He planned to withdraw from the burning area and then make his way back toward the river by another route.

He hoped the others were having better luck and that the fire would consume this evil area and purge it.


Posted on 2008-01-13 at 13:30:43.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil grabs Haila and hauls her up. She heads for the river supporting or dragging Haila however she needed to be moved. Once Haila is safe at the rivers edge she races back to get her things that were by the boat.

She is surprised to see Althena alert and mobile. She sees, too, that the boat Althena was under had been holded by arrows.

"We need to get that mended." she comments aloud, slinging her pack over her shoulders.



Posted on 2008-01-14 at 01:55:54.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Change is in the Air.

All of the party save two are gathered at the river bank with Althena now awake and alert. The boat they need to cross the river seems to have some holes in it that are going to need to be fixed and fast., and two of their party are still out in the woods and need to be brought back in. When Cynil gets to the river bank with Halia Ulthok will turn to her and ask her Cynil I am not real familiar with what powers a druid may have but I do think you have some power over wooden items, is there anything you can do that might at least temporarily make the boat usable so we can cross the river? Next turning to the Lady Althena My Lady it is good to see you are finally back with us we are in a real bind the area here is rapidally losing oxygen and I'm afraid are little safe spot here will be gone soon we need to get everybody to the other side and fast.
The area is rather loud with the flames burning rapidly and the roar and crackling all around them he doubts that either Cor or Conall will be able to here him but he must try, so as loud as he can he calls out to the pair. Conall, Cor we are all at the river bank if you can give me an idea where you are I have a idea Please call out if you can here me. He knows that even if he can't here them or them him he needs to do something to help them get back to the river and he has an idea. Addressing the rest of the party Alright Cynil you Althena and Divot need to get Rayne and Halia as well as the rest of you across the river and as fast as you can I have an idea to get Cor and Conall and I should be able to get the three of us across, but you guys need to cross at once or we may all be lost so do what you must and don't worry about the rest of us.
Ulthok at once fished into his pack and removes his one potion of Fire Resistance. He knows that since some of the fire is magical he may suffer some damage but he is hopeful that since he plans to be moving fast and simply squitering through the flames to get on the other side he should be fine. He is more concerned that it may be hard to locate his friends once through and get them to do what he wants. So the first thing he does is to consume the potion in it's entirety. then looking for where he had seen Cor run into the woods he looks for the best spot for him to enter into the woods behind and hopefully find his friends. Then he quickly as possible he speaks the verbal component of the polymorph self spell and when finished a large well muscled stallion will be standing in his place.

OOC: This is probably the extent of the actions that Ulthok can preform in this turn so what comes next will be for our next post so if Conall or Cor do call back or either one gets to an area where he may be able to see them I will change the post accordingly.

(DM OOC: See Q/A)


Posted on 2008-01-15 at 13:09:34.
Edited on 2008-01-15 at 16:16:19 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne stir to consiousness from the nothinginess she had been thrown into. SHE was still concious until she had hit the ground and the arrow in her hip had ben unfortunately driven deeper intoher and there was an explosion of pain and then blessed nothingness. Only now waas not the time for that. SHe awoke to pain but not as bad as she expected. SHe first became aware that she was being dragged across the ground. SHe fought back the darkness trying to come to full alertness. IT was an uphill battle and she seemed to be winning that fight. SHe was not sure though what was happening to her so as soon as she could she opened her eyes to see.

Ulthok and his brother were trying to fdrag her across the ground. well carry her but they lack the height to clear her from the ground. She could feel the heat and she battled to get a ful breath but it was smsoke filled and made her cough.

It was probably the first sign of returning consciousness that the Halflings could notice without watching her which they did not have time to do.

Rayne coughed out, "If you help me I think I can get up. If not I will crawl." Rayne made every effort to stand up and move with the hallflings. She didn't know where they were going she did not have a clear idea as to what had happened nore where anyone else was. She tried to think of the most important question to ask. "What happened? Does anyone need healing?"


Posted on 2008-01-16 at 22:46:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


The Flames burn ever closer

Those on the campsite’s ‘beach’ could see that their place of refuge was growing smaller, it had become very hot and hard to breath as the flames sucked up all the air.
The only true question was that of how long they would stay there undecided, the concern for Cor and Conall strong. Across the river, there were yet no flames and the trees all appeared normal unlike the ones surrounding the camp, clearly, refuge from the flames lay there, but would the party take it.

THE CAMPSITE
With Divots help, Ulthok had managed to get Rayne to safety at the edge of the riverbank, in the process the Ranger/Cleric had finally returned to conciseness and walked the short way to the rest on her own. As was her nature, she ignored what little pain was left from her now healed wounds and asked if her help was needed to heal.

Now huddled with the other five members of the party Cynil, Haila, Althena and the two Halflings, they watched as the heat rose and the air became thin. Soon the heat of the air would be damaging to their lungs and a river crossing just that much harder to undertake.

Ulthok having helped his brother recover Rayne came to rest at the small beach area yet untouched by flames, seeing Althena again up and moving greeted her at once

“Althena dear lady you are back with us Oh yes thank the gods, we are in a real bind.”

Althena, having been in a semi-catatonic state for the journey until this point did not know what was going on or what events had lead to the parties’ present predicament but even she could tell what the next move had to be and so Althena did speak her thoughts.

“And to you friend Ulthok I say hello I seem to have wandered off for a bit but I can see we find ourselves once again in danger. It is clear we need to move, we cannot stay here, crossing the river maybe our only chance.”

"We need to get that mended." Cynil spoke up pointing back at the last canoe, slinging her pack over her shoulders.

“There is very little time the canoe may be lost to us, unless we can fix it quickly. If not we will have no choice but to wade across and hope for the best but all will be for naught if we do not move quickly.” Althena replied.

For the moment, seeing neither Cor nor Conall she had no time to ask of them hoping one of the others had taken charge. If not she knew it would have to be she who would have to be the person to lead them with Cor’s absence, a job she did not want and hoped someone else had already taken.
Then to her delight and admiration Ulthok stepped forward to do just that, turning to the Druid Cynil he spoke to her first.

“Cynil I am not real familiar with what powers a druid may have but I do think you have some power over wooden items, is there anything you can do that might at least temporarily make the boat usable so we can cross the river?”

Next turning to the Lady Althena

“My Lady it is good to see you are finally back with us we are in a real bind the area here is rapidly losing oxygen and I'm afraid our little safe spot here will be gone soon and as you say we need to get everybody to the other side and fast. Alright Cynil, Althena, Divot you three need to get Rayne and Halia as well as the rest of you across the river and as fast as you can I have an idea to get Cor and Conall and I should be able to get the three of us across, but you guys need to cross at once or we may all be lost so do what you must and don't worry about the rest of us.”

As Ulthok finished he pulled a potion from his back and held it loosely in his hand
As the others moved to obey Divot, seeing the potion, turned to his brother and spoke

“Be careful Ulthy I know that potion you hold and mayhap the idea behind it, remember this is no normal fire and the potion may not work as well as you hope.”

With a hand on his younger brothers shoulder and a good squeeze given the older Halfling moved to help the rest.

Ulthok watched for but a moment then turned to the trees where last he had seen Conall and Cor enter. With the area loud, the flames burning rapidly, the sound of burning wood and the roar and crackling, and mayhap a scream or two all around. The Halfling Thief/Mage had doubts that either Cor or Conall would be able to hear him but he had at least to try before enacting his plan, so as loud as he could he called out to the pair.

“Conall, Cor we are all at the river bank if you can give me an idea where you are I have an idea, please call out if you can hear me.”

A few seconds wait but no response did he get the options before him clear, go with his plan or go with the rest. The choice was his and only his to make.

WITHIN THE TREE’S
Cor feeling the heat of the flames knew at once the strength of them, the air so thick with smoke that even at his height he found it hard to breath.
His only choice now was clear to move outside the fires range and then make his way back toward the river by another route. He only hoped there would be others to return to, with his gear being only that upon him he moved quickly to the east. One good thing about this fire perhaps, he thought to himself, mayhap it would purge the evil from these very trees and restore the forests goodness. However, for now to the east he moved.

Conall felt the heat upon his back as the flames continued to close behind him his movement North was taking him farther and farther away from the river and the rest of the party. With only the gear on him that he carried he had no choice but to do as Cor was doing..Outrun the flames then back around to the west and once again reach the rivers bank. From there the Paladin hoped to be able to find his way back to the rest and rejoin the quest at hand. However for now to the North he moved.

(OOC: Ok there you have it once again my weekly post and as always next post next Wednesday. See ya then.)


Posted on 2008-01-17 at 05:00:18.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Desperate Attempt At Survival...

The flames of the fire were taking a toll on the members of the group. The blazing heat rendering their already swore bodies stiff, yet their pains forgotten in the desperate situation. Life or death. Fire or water? There were many choices they could take. The easiest one would be to swim across the river, and pray the current wasn't too strong. Two of their members had been seperated before the blazing fire threatened their lives, and now they were lost. Assuming they knew the river was near, she wagered that they would seek out the shelter of the running water.

Haila was leaning up against Cynil whom she'd been relying on to save her strength for the upcoming tasks. The smoke of the fire rising from the flames and chocking them slowly, despite trying to remain upwind of the flames. Listening to the words of her companions, and grateful for her short height of exactly 5 feet. Her longsword strong along her back, and her throwing knives scattered about her body. She held her staff in her hand for additional support, and to allow Cynil to move about, and keep as much energy as possible. Her beautiful wheat coloured hair becoming soiled with the blackness that clung to their beings. The elven chain mail she wore, had became heavy since the arrows, yet the blessed healings placed upon her by her fellow companions had her strength returning.

Common sense had never left her, and when she figured out what Ulthok was planning she spoke up. Clearing her voice before trying to speak out "They have common sense My Lord. I'm sure they'll find themselves on the river bank. If at all possible, they will make it. Have faith friend. They are strong, they will work as a team, if they are together, if not, then they will work it out to make it to the river bank. We need to find a way to survive this heat" she couldn't find enough strength to continue her argument. Her mouth was dry and she start coughing from choking on the smoke that polluted the air of their surroundings. The heat causing them to sweat and wish she could remove her chain mail and other articles to lessen her load. Haila wouldn't risk wasting another potion, she was sure she would have enough strength to make it to the other side of the river.

In that moment a thought occured to her. She turned to her companions and thought up the incantation to the spell she would use. It was a simple spell, and she voiced her idea "would it not be easier to swim across to the other side rather than fix the canoe? I know of a spell that I could cast that might help us make it to the other side, if the current isn't too strong. It will make it possible to breath under water. I'm sure it'll work" she was certain, and through coughing and such she knelt down along the river bank, her staff always at hand. Cupping water in her hands she drank a couple sips to moisten her mouth and soothe her burning throat. She smiled to herself and said "I know for a fact that those of us that are here can make it across safely. I can only pray that the other two will be able to make it as well." she spoke in a reassured voice as she studied the reactions of those in her company.


Posted on 2008-01-17 at 15:03:15.
Edited on 2008-01-17 at 16:03:11 by cdnflirt

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil shakes her head, "No Lady Althena I did not study that spell for the day."

"But if you load the goods in the one good canoe and tie a rope on it. Theh tie another rope on this side and I will swim across with it to the other side. Once I secure the rope I the rest can cross and the strongest can carry the rope to the canoe and when we are all on the other side, we can pull the canoe over and maybe the damaged canoe too, I do not think it will sink in the short time of the crossing if it is lashed to the good canoe. We could even set the damaged canoe upside down on the good canoe."


Posted on 2008-01-17 at 23:53:50.
Edited on 2008-01-17 at 23:57:46 by Dragon Mistress

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2206 Posts


Eastward ho!!!!

Cor had no choice but to continue east, away from the fire. He didn't charge blindly ahead but neither did he linger too long near the flames. He did his best to scan teh area while keepign just outside the ring of fire. If it continued to spread he would continue to walk. If it stopped he was preparred to stop his journey as well.

'A fine mess you have gotten yourself into this time. Forgetting me pack, having no teleport spells. Bah, as daft as an initiate I am this day. Hopefully the others are smart enough to not waste time waiting for me or worse yet seeking me. At least the arrows have stopped." Thoughts such as these slipped thru the dwarf's mind for a time. Soon however they were replaced by prayer, "Father Odin, if it tis not too much trouble help an old follower. Send the rain or change the course of the wind. Above all keep the young lass safe that she might finish her task even if I am not there to see it thru."


Posted on 2008-01-18 at 01:03:13.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.