The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3926 registered users. Our newest member is ninetail039.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Common Room - Eol's Birthday (posted by Duncan74)Eol's Birthday
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by TannTalas)The Trilogy War
Entertainment - Avengers Endgame (posted by Grugg)Avengers Endgame
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Crap
Price: $17.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


30

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Up, Ride, Work
Posted on 12/14/2004 at 7:24:33 PM (CST)

Conall awoke early the next morning, quietly gathered his things and slipped out of the room so as not to disturb his room mate. After a quick breakfast went to the stable where all were to meat and began a light training routine that was all but second nature to him. As the rest of the group began to arrive Conall readied for the days ride. Conall uses this time to share any news of importance he had overheard the night before with Ulthok after hearing he had spent most of his evening gathering info.

After a moment of worry the news of the Lady Hailia’s where about was passed on by Cesair. Conall and Taila went off to retrieve her. Conall used this time to discuss what he had seen on the way to the town.

The ride was uneventful and somewhat enjoyable when the wind did not blow from the direction of Hailia’s ride.

When back on the ground Conall took his place in the marching order and moved into the earth. When news did filter back to him of the on set of combat he quietly removed his pack and readied himself for the word to move forward.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Oooohhhh, Jasmine!!!!
Posted on 12/16/2004 at 4:07:15 AM (CST)

Cesair had indeed hept a watchful eye on the lass, and when her night was done, with great effort on his part, he guided, prodded, supported, and half drug the lass home. Although it was quite a workout the gnome found himself laughing most of the way. It had been quite some time since he had laughed so.

Cesair managed to get her to her bed and watched her uncerimoniously crash into it, he covered her pastout form with a blanket and gave her a peck on the forehead, "Good night lass." muttered he before leaving.

As Cesair was handing over his gear to be stored away on the pegasus he was to ride, Taila walked by and he got a wiff of Jasmine. He stopped and took a big inhale of the wafting scent and released a sigh and a wink aimed at the lass that bore the scent. Try as she might to be one o' the boys, she canna hide the fact tha' she is all woman especially those curves.

The thief was not surprised in the least to see that Haila had not shown up the next morning and quickly set minds somewhat at ease by reporting where they could find the slumbering lass. "She had a bit more mead than she could handle last night. I figure ye can find the lass still in her room, ye might want ta go quietly her head is bound ta be a ringin'."

After the duo left in pursuit of the missing enchantress, Cesair pondered over the information that had been gathered the night before, only one thought came to his quick little mind. "Drucilla darlin, sounds ta me like an army foragin'. They be a takin the steel ta work inta weapons an armor." He then looks over at their hapless quide, "I also figure that they be a holdin the poor litl' gobos as fodder for an up comin' batle(the sarcastic way he says poor litl gobos leaves no doubt in the minds of those who heard his words that he holds no sympathy for the fate of the goblins). Mind you, I'm no soldier, but I've been hired on to a campaign or two in my time, yah know as a guide, scout, spy, that such, and I've seen the likes before.Yah might be a wantin ta send a message to yur king."

The second ride aboard a pegasus was only slightly less excitting than the first his fun was only dampened by feelings of sympathy for the ill Haila.

Once on the ground, Cesair took his place in the marching order and followed the group into the caves. After a while they came upon trouble. "Drucilla darlin, ifin we canna go around them, then through them we must go, and if so I've got a couple o' ideals on how we migth be able to do that."

"I can cast an illusion of a giant squid a comin' out o' the water, grabbin at the orcs and hobgoblins, crushin and dragin them into the water were the brutes can drown in their armor. Then someone else can cast a lightin' bolt at the Ogres while our fighters move in to mop up." There is a wicked gleem in his eyes as he pictures in his mind's eye the mayhem.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Another one for COR.
Posted on 12/16/2004 at 3:09:50 PM (CST)

Cor awoke the next morning and spent some time sharpening his axe and giving praise to the god Odin. With spells anew and gear ready he made is way down for a quick breakfast and then to the stables.

When he saw the condition of Haila he whispered softly to her, “It looks as though you had more fun than a girl should have, and I was not there to see it.” He then offers up his wine skin, “A little hair of the dog to jump start your morning?” a smile fell across his face. “Enough jesting at your expense. Come let us see what Cor has in his little bag of tricks to cure what ails you.” Looking in his bag, “I know my father had something but that usually knock the person out for two days. I do not think it cured the person it just put them to sleep so they would sleep through the hang over. Hummm… Yes!” he looks up suddenly, “sorry a little to loud? I think my aunt’s drink and a few bites of bread.” Cor gives the mixture to the Haila. “Now take this and call me anytime you want.” with a wink he stoles over to his mount.

Once more Cor was happier than a young dwarf with a keg to drain and a row of orc necks to cut. He looked a little out of place, but such was the norm for the out standing War cleric Cor.

As the flight was over and the party made their way down into the earth, “Now this is more to my likings.”

Then the party was stopped and news was spread through the group as to the road ahead. He listens to Cesair, “Yes. The first fight of the day we do not wish to tire our fighters. Now if it was just me, I could teach them a few things but I do not wish to over load them with the skills of war and battle all at once. Pace and practice is one of the secrets to staying alive long enough to reach a level such as yours truly.” Cor was now ready for the word to go.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

From Town to Battle
Posted on 12/17/2004 at 4:00:03 AM (CST)

Spending most of his evening gathering any information he could about what has been happening about the area lately, and any thing he could find about the Steel mountains. The information he did gather did not sit well with the halfling. Stopping to grab a bite to eat and grab a glass of wine if available. Once finished with his meal he will head back to the inn and share his information with any of the group he runs into.

Once back in his room he will go through his usual night ritual getting out his spell book he does his studying in order to prepare his spells for the next day. Once finished he will turn in for a good sleep. Arising early just before the sun he goes down and orders breakfast. He will try to get any fruits if they have any a loaf of bread and any type of milk if they have it. Once finished eating he will go to the stables where the Pegasi are and run through his morning workout as best as he can with what is around. Seeing that Conall was also up early and at the stables Ulthok speaks with him about what he had heard the night before.

”Nice to see someone else up early and preparing for the day, you know Conall we may be walking into more than just a little Goblin problem from some of the authorities I spoke with last evening the outlying areas have been being raided for the last several months, and not by Goblins. The info I got says there have been Ogars, Orcs, and Hobgoblins on these raids and they have been taking iron and steel things that could be used for weapons and armor, it almost sounds like someone is putting together an army. I’m a little concerned that there is a lot more going on here than just a kidnaping. We may be walking into the proverbial lions den. Of course there is no better group to send in so lets just make sure we are on our toes.

As everyone shows up for the journey he makes sure all are aware of what he had discovered so they are prepared for what might be upcoming. Mounting his Pegasi he is used to flying on the animal now and uses the flight time to contemplate what he had found out. Once back on the ground he falls in line for marching and follows into the cave. Following the Goblin that is leading them they suddenly hear voices around the next bend. Orc voices the party stops and Talia sneaks a look. 4 Ogars in half plate, 8 Orcs in full chain, and 4 Hobgoblins in full plate well we know what the stolen iron and steel being used for. They are standing in what appears to be a beach area with a river running west they are blocking a tunnel to the north. Cesair suggests he cast an illusion.

”An illusion may be a good idea and then a couple of us mages use like he says either lighting or fireballs to soften them up then a coordinated attack so we each know what the other is doing.


Ulthok will prepare to cast a fireball into the mist of the enemy using the Ogars as the center of the exploding fireball. He will wait until all decide on the attack and told to make his move by their leader.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

What are we waiting for?
Posted on 12/18/2004 at 7:51:11 AM (CST)

Cor saw the enemy ahead and heard the chantings of magic around him. For some reason the fighters seemed as if they had grown roots. 'Why do they not charge? Tis but goblins and their ilk?' he thought. 'Oh well, once again it is up to a war cleric to show the poor, clueless ones how to act.' the wordsd silent in his head.

Cor uleased his hammer at the nearest target and cried out, "Bow to the power of Odin!!!" There was a smile on his face.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Into the Lion’s den
Posted on 12/20/2004 at 2:52:51 PM (CST)

OOC: The joy of a fast moving game…

Conall still at the stables with Ulthok.

Conall takes council with Ulthok while others still slumber. “I also have heard word of more than normal raids in that area. I came across some survivors from that area and they said usually none are left alive that are not drug off in chains for dinner later. As for the bounty they carry off… it is like you said steel and iron, not their usual food, drink, and livestock. The lions den indeed; only these lions are wrapped in steel and have iron claws perhaps. But Ulthok with you good friend and the others to help, Odin will guide us all to victory.” Conall knew these things were not right but it is not the place of a Glendower to see doom and gloom but to see and grab honor and victory, even in death if Odin deems it to be that way. “Enough talk let us use this time to practice and prepare for that lions den, how may I help with the work out of this day.”

Back in to the earth we now speed forward… Into the lion’s den Conall will charge forth with the smell of ash and the sounds of battle, he hopes.

Conall heard the words of Cor and thought he had missed the signal to charge, “Those who use magic cast now over the shoulders of your front line!” Conall now stood in the open pathway. “Alasdair we will hold until the magic has done what it can then we will see what sword and shield can do! Ulthok, my good friend; I am on my toes!”

Conall will charge forth at the start of the next round. This would give those using magic and range weapons time to do what they can this round and the next as magic travels much faster than a Glendower in full armor. Conall looks down at Cor, “I only hope there is one left standing when you people are done with the first wave. My sword’s thirst for Orc’s blood grows with the passing of the sun.”

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Anger
Posted on 12/20/2004 at 4:33:12 PM (CST)

while in conference with those who feel a plan of attack can be to the parties benefit, before they are finished and before she gives any command to attack and while the others are planning Cor launches his own attack, probally losing them their surprise. She realizes that she does not have to tell the fighters who to attack or how to attack she knows they are big boys and execellent fighters but she does expect them to hold untill the attack command is given.They may see the opponents as easy targets , but in battle the attack does not start untill the given order,That is all she asks and does not feel she is out of line and she is angry about it.Once the attack order is given then they may deal with the enemy any way they see fit.But untill we are all ready one of us should not decide on their own to attack and force everyone else's hand.I am sorry if the fighters feel I am out of line but that's my stand

Drusilia immediately orders all the magic users who had planned to launch range attacks of Lighting,Fireball,or Illusions for distraction to fire at once even if Cor was advancing. Also anyone using range weapons are to open fire and continue to fire at will.Then Only when hand to hand combat becomes nesseceary should they begin melee combat.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Fireballing
Posted on 12/20/2004 at 5:24:26 PM (CST)

Ulthok is caught by surprise when Cor starts the battle before any command to do so was given.Looking over at Drusilia he could not recall any time when he saw such anger in her eyes.However being ready to attack with his fireball, as soon as the Lady Dru told the magic users to launch their attacks he was on and he drops his fireball right in the mist of the four Ogars.Once launching his attack as the rest of the party finishes up he will be scanning the area around the cornor from where they are for before he does anything else he wants to blend into the shadows to the best of his ability so he can make his next move undercover.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Into the serpent's lair
Posted on 12/20/2004 at 6:23:36 PM (CST)

Altough Alasdair had kept to himself during the brief stay in the town, he was eager to join his friends in battle. Upon hearing Conall and Cor's words he spang into action with glee. For Conall's cry of, “Those who use magic cast now over the shoulders of your front line!... Alasdair we will hold until the magic has done what it can then we will see what sword and shield can do!” were welcome to his ears. He moved forward quickly, sword and shield at the ready.

With a wink of mischief to Conall, "Perhaps the lass over yonder should have let us have our fun yersterday with what lay beyond the 3 lock door! Then the unrully warriors in tin would have been more controllable," laughs Alasdair. "Conall and Cor, me friends... stand fast and we shall rule this day and the foul creatures shall be no more!," cries Alasdair... apparently very amused by the situation for this isn't the first time that he has seen battle joined so eagerly prior to an order given. He muses to himself, "The gods willing, this days ends better than some of the others."

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Battle is close at hand
Posted on 12/20/2004 at 6:34:25 PM (CST)

Conall having seen Ulthok’s magic knows the color of his fireball. Feeling the heat as the ball of magic went zipping by him. “YES! That felt good! Ulthok, let them have it and send them below, where torment will feed upon them. Odin calls for your death and by magic or by sword he will have it!”

Conall ready to spring forward after the blasts of magic do their thing and the sweet sound of arrows fling through the air, “Cor, Alasdair, and Conall are at the ready and death at the end of our weapons! They call for the blood of our enemies and by Odin’s will they shall have it!”

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Hang back like a good little thief....
Posted on 12/20/2004 at 10:06:47 PM (CST)

Well since this was quickly turning into a reckless charge, Cesair pulls out his crossbow of speed and begins to hang back and fire bolts at the enemy, hoping that maybe with a whole lot of luck that one or two bolts might cause a little discomfort to at least one of their enemies. Yep, once again he was going to be of little use to the group.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A life of its own
Posted on 12/21/2004 at 10:36:16 AM (CST)

Cor unleashed his hammer and was waiting for the signal to attack when the damn thing flew from his hand of its volition. 'What in blazes is going on?' he thought in surprise. Then he felt to power of Odin wash over him. Apparently his god had intended for him to attack as Hobgoblins and teir ilk are mortal enemies of dwarves. He could see the surprise in his companions eyes and it matched his own. Except for Ladt Dru, he eyes held scorn. He knew he would pay for this action later, but sometimes there is a price to pay and he would accept whatever she dished out.

As the hammer reappeared in his hand he heard the magic users casting and saw his fighter companions rushing into battle. He would remain in place and use his hammer at range on the enemy.

Orion
Resident
Posts: 54
Reply | Edit

Blitzkrieg!!!!
Posted on 12/21/2004 at 8:32:08 PM (CST)

(already posted but was kicked offline before i could submit it. Vengeance will be mine.....)
Seeing that Cor had begun the attack, Af'til immediately went to casting a fireball. If the enemy could be nailed with ranged attacks, lighting bolts, and fireballs, and then a melee assault following directly afterwards to cleanup whatever was left over, the battle would be over in no time.
Af'til began the spell fireball just as the hammer was leaving Cor's hand.
(I know... This post is terrible! but i just got done typing so much and to type it all up again.... why me?)

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

The perfect spell....
Posted on 12/24/2004 at 2:00:48 AM (CST)

Drusilia gives the order for the group to continue with there spells and ranged weapons. As she looks at there opponents she is amazed with how much armor they are wearing. As she trys to think of a spell the bright shine from the metal chatches her eye. The perfect spell floats into her mind. She quickly cast her spell..

0oc:
Drusilia will be casting Heat Metal, on the creatures before them, wearing armor and holding weapons made of metal.. *wink, Wink


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:48:17.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A Quick Series of Death

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Quick Series of Death
Posted on 12/24/2004 at 5:40:26 AM (CST)

The Party at full health, Armed to the teeth and ready for a fight stood and awaited Dru's orders to attack...

Then Cor's, hammer as if with a mind of its own flew from the War Cleric's hand.
Racing across open air the hammer once again hit true and an Orc fell dead...

Then it was as if the sun had exploded in the cavern before the party, as two fireballs went off within moments of each other..
Ulthok's was the first as he centered it in the middle of the four Ogre's. The blast enclosed all of the enemy creatures as they had unknowingly stood all too very close....

The first to die were the remaining seven Orc's, their flesh, flash fried into blackened bones with bits of skin still burning, to the floor they all fell dead.
The next in this series of death were three of the four Hobgoblin's the blast tossing thier now lifeless bodies in different directions.
The fourth Hobgoblin clearly badly hurt on his knees in pain.
The Ogre's too were badly hurt but yet stood none ready yet to fall....

Then it was Af'til's fireball ablaze with killing flames the last Hobgoblin on his knees GONE.!! Blood and flesh in burning pieces falling to the ground.
The four Ogre's badly hurt from the first fireball were finished by the second, bodies aflame they fell hard to the earth dead.!!...

Before anyone else could act the monsters were dead.Dru's readied spell of Heat Metal never cast.The fighters never a blade swung and weapons of range never fired.The way before them was now clear....

A quick search of both bodies and area turned up nothing but the sign's of much heavy traffic.
With the party back in marching formation they moved deeper into the mountain.Moving slowly all on high alert it seemed like hours but was only 15 minutes a door ahead was seen.No lock was there to be seen a latch of a handle alone....

After a carefull check for traps, and the hearing of no sound on its other side Conall once again a door opener became he.
As he entered to find it empty he called an all clear, the others each entered to see a 30 x 30 square room empty for but 2 other doors besides the southern one they had entered through.The doors wood like the first and with latches the same were placed to North and West.A quick scan of each showed them trapped and locked not at all.The floor of the room each could clearly see was well traveled by foot, boot and claw....

Once again a choice before them.
the party one and all,
both short and both tall.
To the North or West
which door did call.....


(OCC:Ok all that was a really short combat sorry about that.I guess I will have to throw a dozen Dragon's at you next time.But really good job Ulthok and Af'til.
Ok will post on Monday as normal and the only thing I need from Dru is a Marching order for the party inside these caves.
Af'til as you did not get your spells to me by the deadline the spells you have now are what you have till the next rest if there is one.
Well I hope everyone has a great Christmas, Mottle I wish you were home with us and Angela, Brother I will keep you in my heart this Christmas and New years Love ya Man...)


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:49:48.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


31

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Sorry
Posted on 12/24/2004 at 4:02:55 PM (CST)

Cor watched his hammer strike his foe but there was no joy on his face. Instead there was a look of sadness. Shortly after his hammer returned, two fireballs blasted to ashes. Two powerful mage spells had been expended to accomplish a eat more suited to a pair of mid level fighters. Worse, Lady Dru had cast an evil eye his way for launching the attack. "I am sorry everyone. I shall endeavor to restrain myself and only attack when, where and how directed by Lady Dru. In the absence of such orders I will make no moves except to defend myself. I hope you forgive me for acting in the manner my training and faith requires." Cor sheathed his war hammer, tied the peace cord and silently took his assigned position in the party order.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Woah!!!!!!
Posted on 12/25/2004 at 11:05:40 PM (CST)

After watching the force arrayed against them litterly go up in smoke Cesair shook his head back and forth, one fireball too many, but at least none survived to run off and alert others. A few ideals were begining to fomulate in the gnomes head, a few possibilities for future melees, he decided to hold off on his own spells for a bit, hold something back in reserve. His face then scrunched up in a look of disgust, "Bloody hell, orcs and ogres stink when burned. It will take several pints o' the strongest dwarf brews ta get the taste out o' my mouth."

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

WEST.....
Posted on 12/26/2004 at 6:56:18 PM (CST)

0oc: Marching order

Cesair,Talia

Dru,Af’til

Ulthok,Conall

Cor,Halia

Lord Alasdair


Bic:
She is pleased when she sees the bodies fall lifeless. She’s glad that none of her group was harmed. They quickly move on threw the tunnel. The come to a door of which has no traps or locks, just a handle. She instructs Conall to enter. He does as told and reports back that everything is clear. The group enters, and again there eyes fall upon doors, more doors.. She looks at them both.. She points to one of the doors.. To the West...” She turns to Cesair, and asks him to approach the door and use his listening skills.... She then waits for his replay, before moving any further....

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Look, listen, feel.....
Posted on 12/26/2004 at 7:16:28 PM (CST)

As commanded by Drucilla, Cesair moves towards the door assinged to him. As the gnome begins to run his hands and eyes over the door checking for traps, he places an ear to the seam and trys to listen for the sounds of occupancy on the other side. After a few seconds of that, one hand quickly retrieves a small silver mirror from it's hidding place within his cloak and he stoops down to get a peak under the bottom of the door using the mirror. If he hears or spys anything he will report his findings back to Drucilla.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Now that was an eye opener...
Posted on 12/27/2004 at 8:16:55 PM (CST)

“Glory and trumpets! Now if that does not open one’s eyes to see good will defeat evil nothing will. Well done the three of you. I dare say Alasdair and I could not have done a quicker job.” Conall sheathed his sword and lifted the visor on is helm in a salute only given to those victorious in battle.

Conall then handed his own wine skin to Cesair, “This is not a good dwarven ale but perhaps it will do until we find an Inn once more.” He also made a note of Cor’s words. After a quick check of the bodies he took up a position of watchfulness as the others checked for maps, trinkets, and such.

As the party moved on Conall took his place in the ranks until it was time to open doors. He had not fear or hesitation in doing such things, as he knew those who worked the shadows were the best he could ever hope to travel with. Conall swung the door open slowly and controlled Conall then moves in to the center of the 30x30 room and finds all clear. Conall then takes up a position out of the way but where he can get to each of the two untraveled doors quickly.

Upon seeing the lady Drusilia’s gesture toward the west door Conall shot a glance and hand signals to Alasdair ‘Who will watch Cesair and his door the other will watch the other two. Who will do what?’

(Watching Alasdair for an answer, Conall always at the ready for the unexpected.)

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Quick Battle and more doors
Posted on 12/28/2004 at 1:36:40 AM (CST)

Ulthok was pleased to see that his fireball almost destroyed the enemy and that Af’Tils finished the job. The battle was over almost before it began. So the party moves on dropping into his position in the marching order he moves along quietly as he can well watching their surroundings for anything out of the ordinary. They move through one door and into a room with two wooden doors one north one west looks like they are going west as he waits for Cesair to listen at the door he watches as Conall gestures to Alisdar for one of them to watch Cesair and one to watch the other doors just in case. He will scan the room carefully and then drop back just enough where he can watch the door they just came through as well as the one to the north.(should not be to hard if I got the directions of everything right)

OOC: Sorry for the short post tonight I am really swamped and have not had much time over the holidays, but it will get better. Thanxs

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

In the Blink of an eye...
Posted on 12/28/2004 at 1:47:40 AM (CST)

Just as Alasdair was about to charge headlong into the approaching foe, two fiery balls erupted, engulfing them with little but ash remaining. "Gods be blessed that we are not quicker on our feet, Lord Conall... else we could have had a similar end."

Quickly surveying the room they had just entered, Alasdair hears Conall's question and replies, "I'll be taking the other two doors so that ye may be the first to charge in once master Cesair open it." Sword and shield once again at the ready as Alasdair watches the doors before him, with an occassional glance in yon Cesair's direction to check on his progress.


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:51:38.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A Post Edited

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Post Edited
Posted on 12/28/2004 at 5:22:09 AM (CST)

The party a square room found, empty but for them.
Two doors one West, one North before them a choice to make
The Lady Dru did not ask or debate a choice, but instead made one.

Cesair moved quietly to the West door and checked for traps he found none
Giving the all clear to Conall he moved aside.
The Paladin knowing that through the West door their journey was to continue, swing it open to find in front of him a long tunnel. Due to his lack of Infravision he could only tell it ran west with no torches upon its walls.
He as had Cesair before him relayed this Information to the Lady Dru and the party once more in their formation of march moved ahead...

Another 100 feet traveled the party found themselves at a branch in the tunnel this branch running to the east while the main tunnel having turned to the north about 70 feet back continued in that direction still.
From the many voices and the shadows of creatures made from light of fires it was easy to tell that a large group of creatures were to the East.

Hawk whispered the word "Orc’s" he stood quietly and listened then turning to Dru he told her again in a whisper.

"Lady by noise and the sound of the Orc's voices I estimate anywhere from 20 to 30 Orc's lie inside the cavern before us.
What say you me Lady do we attack? or leave them be?."

The party readied themselves for Dru's answer if battle was too be than they would be ready......


(OOC:Ok as Mottle clearly pointed out I was in the Wrong.
Using Hawk the way I did before was in bad taste, as such the post I have edited to reflect this.
Combat as such has yet to start and you can do actions as wanted.
The party is now short 3 players as I dropped Orion, and Dark Autumn found herself in too many games at the moment to continue in this one. She says she may return in a few months or so. I will try to find someone to play Taila temporally till then. As for the character of Af’Til I made some changes to him dropping his Mage class and converting him into a Ranger/Cleric. I have a few people interested in possibly playing him and will hopefully fill the character slot soon
The character of Hawk at this time will not be up for replacement with a new player, he will remain as an NPC for now.
No one's move is done as the Orc’s have not yet noticed you.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and your New years will be good also
Will post Thursday as normal.)


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:53:51.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


32

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

OOC Post and actions
Posted on 12/29/2004 at 5:11:09 AM (CST)

OOC: OK, we just had a huge debate about characters doing things without Dru's OK and now the DM takes Hawk (newly made an NPC) and has him charge without orders. This is ridiculous. NPCs should never force the parties hand and certainly not in a way we just deceided was not appropriate. DM changed his post and so I am changing mine to reflect the new situation.

IC: Cor heard that this time there were 20 or so Orcs. The fireballs spent last encounter would have been well served on such a group. He hoped the mages still had area spells at their disposal. If not he was ready for hand to hand. "It is only Orcs.' he thought to himself. He readied his hammer and turned to Lady Dru, "What is the plan?" Cor will attack or hold as ordered. If the attack comes he will hurl his hammer while closing the gap between him and the Orcs so as to be able to go into melee the next round. He turned to Haila, "I've been watching your backside for the last few hours, now I hope you will watch mine." He added a wink for good measure.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Fighting..........
Posted on 12/29/2004 at 10:16:28 PM (CST)

She hears hawks words. She looks down the tunnel to where the lights flicker. She decides to save the mages from casting spells for they may need them later. 20-30 ors should be handled quite easily with hand to hand combat. She turns to the group... "Lets save the mages there spells, for we might need them later. Lets do a hand to hand combat. She pulls out her sword, then raises her hood over her head. She almost completly disapears, except to those who are really looking for her. She slowly and quitely makes her way down the tunnel.


ooc: For the DM.... If i remeber correctly she cant be seen as long as her hood is up and she is not running, or in combat. She will try to get into the middle of the battle before taking action, so that no one can see her until then..

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Hawk, Lady Drusilia is going to…
Posted on 12/30/2004 at 8:38:43 PM (CST)

Conall heard the words he long to hear from the lady Drusilia. Conall dropped is drop bag and with sword still sheathed he stepped out and called, “One day you will have to teach me how to make these things return to my hand.” As he let fly with his Axe.

The axe was still air born as Conall drew up his sword and moved forward into battle. “Odin calls for your death and at the end of my sword is where it can be found. Which of you foul beast will be the first to find the long, dark torment you are so deserving of!” Keeping pace with Cor as to hold the line, Conall moves forward.

As Conall moves toward the impending battle he tries to stay to one side so as to give the arrows he hopes will come singing by a clear and (with Odin’s guidance) deadly flight.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Battle Again
Posted on 12/30/2004 at 10:27:46 PM (CST)

With the area being clear they move along fairly fast and at another cross in the passage they hear voices and see fires down one hall to the east.The lady Dru decides to hold off on the mage spells this time and hand to hand to begin,as she melts into the background and both Cor and Conall move off down the tunnle for a full assult,Ulthok will move quickly but quitly down the tunnle till he finds a spot where he can stay in the shadows as much as possable but be able to employ his short bow at the group of Orcs.With the big boys moving in he feels he can most help this time with his bow from a distance.Watching were the rest of the party positions themselves to fight he will fire his bow at the first and closest Orc he sees.Concentrating on one foe at a time to make sure they can't hurt anyone when he is finished with them.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

An eye to the rear...
Posted on 12/30/2004 at 11:13:59 PM (CST)

Cesair makes his way down the passage, following his companions with a weary eye to the rear, his crossbow of speed in his hands, a spell or two on his lips. He hopes that it is only 20-30 orcs the party will find within the cavern, if not he is ready to lend a hand or two. Once the party engages the enemy and there are no surprises, he will do like the halfling and try to remain within the cloaking shadows and fire his crossbow at the enemy.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

sorry late again
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 2:00:10 AM (CST)

Haila never drank to excess anymore (a thing she thought she had mentioned before). Hungover she had thrown up on the poor rider. Tho thinking of the first flight on the winged horses told her that perhaps that wasn't a result of the drinking. Remebering little of the night before she made her way to Casair very carefully as loud noices set of fireworks behind her eyeballs she asked him if they had gotten married the night before, because heavens and Gods knew she didn't want to have to go through that again. He looked so shocked that she realized they hadn't-which in turn lightened her mood so she forgave the look of panic on his face.

Entering the cavern she reached out and placed a figertip on the plate of Connel's armour. Niamedris as was his want roamed the column of group. He too suffered from the effects of Haila's hangover and woe to any foe who approached at ankle height.


Cor's joke about watching her backside made the mage arch one brow. "Last I checked your backside was much harder to miss then say...mine."

Pulling the carving of an onyx dog she set it beside her. An instant later a massive mastiff melded with the shadows in the tunnel. Blinking tears out of her eyes she squinted trying to adjust to the light . Haila was not much of a warrior she knew her strength lay in picking off the orcs with arrows or spells. She set Dire and Niamedris to watch for orcs approaching the tunnel and keeps track of her friends as best as she can.

(OCC thanks for your patience everyone this Christmas was nuts for me working left me totally bagged and I appreciate you putting up with my intermitant posting which will now go back to the uber frequent you had become accustomed to before the happy ho-ho season.)

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Finally a fight to be had....
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 2:47:54 AM (CST)

Though frustrated at being posted as rear guard, Alasdair non-the-less honors his charge and readies his sword and shield. He watching the actions of those before him. As the others quietly move forward, Alasdair does so, but keeps an eye to what may yet come from behind them as they proceed forward towards the cavern and the orcs.

OOC: Alasdair again using Life Detection in an attempt to determine if Hawk's estimate is correct.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Charge!!!
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 4:14:07 AM (CST)

Cor's expression turned from one of sorrow to one of glee the moment Lady Dru made the call for close combat. With his hammer already in the air, he glanced to his side and saw Connal's axe begin it flight. Together the advanced down the hall side by side to limit the number of orcs that could attack at once. With luck, they wouold face them on even terms in the confines of the hallway. If such were true the Orcs stood little chance, especially with arrows from the rest of the party adding to the fight. "Try to keep pace with me young one!" he called out to Connal. "Bet you a mug of ale that more fall to my hammer than your sword! His next comment floated back to the rest of the party. "As the fetching young lass has so well pointed out, my backside is rather sizable. I'd appreciate if you'd miss it when you fire those bows. If not, at least I hope Haila is willing to kiss it and make it feel better!" The dwarf was definatley in his element. May wahtever gods they worship have mercy on the Orcs' souls for they were about to meet their chosen diety.


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:55:32.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A Gaggle of Orcs

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Gaggle of Orc's
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 7:01:18 AM (CST)

The Voices heard Orc’s they surely be, an order given by the Lady Dru and the party was headed to battle once more.

Conall started the fight even before sight of the enemy throwing his Axe into the cavern with all his might.
A squeal of pain told him he had scored a hit. As he entered side by side with Cor he found his axe embedded in a Orc female her face now split in two.. A large number of Orc’s staring seemingly surprised came out of this surprise upon sighting the party grapping what weapons and Armor was in quick reach.

It was now that the party at least those that had entered saw what was before them

They had entered into a large 50x50 cavern with 6 large fire pits and a large pool of water at the base of the Eastern wall
The Orc’s were it appears before your arrival washing themselves, their clothing. Cleaning and sharpening weapons and cooking food.
But no longer as all 25 of them including females attacked some armed with only an odd cooking utensil.
But attack they still did.

Uthlok moving swiftly yet keeping to the shadows found his spot and so doing let fly two arrows from his Short Bow. Striking true both arrows punched an Orc to the ground as dead as dead could be 24 to go....

Af’til having heard Dru say to hold spells and having only Cleric spells and that of 2 Ranger spells did so. Instead drawing his Elvin Longbow, two arrows launched and 2 strikes and another two Orc’s fell dead. 22 left on the field...

Cesair too as was his nature kept to the shadows and found himself a place from which to shoot across from Uthlok. His crossbow armed and ready, he aimed and fired his bolt hitting his target, dropping the Orc to one knee wounded but not dead...

Cor beside Conall met the rush of 3 Orc’s and showing no fear smiled at them thus causing them to miss a step in surprise. But surprised for long two were not to be as his Hammer in hand he swung true.
The first Orc fell dead his bare chest crushed inward his bones mangled. The second was killed by Cor’s downward swing its head no longer attached dead they both dropped to the floor..20 yet at hand…..

Hawk with Taila beside him both wielding Long and Shortswords were a sight to behold.
In what seemed to be perfect moves they struck fast and deadly killing 4 Orc’s in only seconds.
Both Rangers true leaving only 16 Orc’s yet to fight...

The Lady Dru wrapped inside her cloak of Elvinkind moved slowly into the room Scimitar in hand.
She could clearly see that as yet she had gone unnoticed by the Orc’s yet knowing she had a 50 50 chance each round of discovery. But trusting in herself she continued to move closer to the center of battle...

Haila not yet knowing what was ahead withdrew once again her Onyx Dog Dire and called him forth with both Dog and Cat beside her, she slowly edged into the room holding her action for now...

The last of the party Alasdair moved slowly behind the party moving to cover the party’s rear.
Knowing this round he would not face combat he called forth the power of Life Detection.
What it told him was strange. 11 life forms only did he sense no Orc’s at all. Very, very strange indeed but moving forward all the same he readied himself for battle...

Thanks to Conall’s throwing of his axe the party had gained total surprise. The Orc’s do to this were unable to strike back against them. But yet 16 remained and round two for them would surely be a different story and a party they would slaughter and feast upon as dinner....


(OOC:Ok round one done good job everybody was glad to see all 7 of you post.
Will post on Monday as norm. Alasdair has told me next week he will be out of town on business and unable to post. As such I will be running him as an NPC for that week only.
If anyone wants to maybe run him for me drop him an email and discuss it with him and let me know.
Well I wish you all a very Happy New Years and I hope we have a great year playing this game.)


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:57:02.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


33

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Something strange
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 9:13:18 AM (CST)

Cor was gleeful as he swung his hammer and watched two vile orcs fall dead at his feet, it made no differeance to him be they male, female, young or old; all Orcs must die. "Hah it seems I have the early lead!" he called out to Conall who dropped one Orc with his axe. Then he watched as a volley of arrows flew thru the air, winging their way to intended targets. All struck true and four more Orcs lay dead. 'hmm strange indeed, even female orcs should be tougher than that' he thought to himself. Then his other companions also struck their foes dead in one swing. 'Either we are all very lucky or some strange trick is being played upon us" he thought. In fact, Cor hesitated a moment as he wasn't really sure if he believed his eyes. He took a deep breath thru his nose, searching for the stench that would confirm the reality of his opponents.

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

To battle.......
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 9:04:05 PM (CST)

She had so far successfully made her way to the middle of he battle, where suprisingly orcs where dropping easily. She was now where she wanted to be, an orc with its back turned to her she quickly made her move. Her scimitar falling heavily at its head. As she she began combat she had seemed to jump from thin air. The robes magic was now lost due to her rapid movement, but she left the hood up, so that when she did again want to disapear all she had to do was stand still....

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Continue to shoot
Posted on 12/31/2004 at 9:35:45 PM (CST)

Watching as his first two arrows drop their target Ulthok decides he might as well continue to fight from here.Orcs where dropping all around as fast as the party could swing and shoot, but of course that would start to change as the Orcs now started to fight back.Looking for an Orc that looks like it might be in a position to hit one of the party he will target that Orc with both his arrow once again.Pulling back his bow string he lets the arrows fly towards their target.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

The dance and song of combat
Posted on 1/3/2005 at 11:45:51 PM (CST)

As Conall kept pace with Cor his heart begins to pound with anticipation in his chest. “If Haila’s head is pounding as much as my heart is this very moment, her pain is truly great. Can you feel the rush!? Odin is pleased.” Cor’s voice answered back to Conall. “Cor my pace is yours and if you think that axe can do more than my blades then let us make it two mugs of ale and you pick the filler.”

Cor and Conall moved into the chamber that housed the enemy that was soon to find death. Conall’s axe, with the guiding hand of Odin found a truly deadly mark. The rest of the nasties stood in surprise and awe of the weapon they had found. Cor’s mighty hammer was cracking like thunder on the chest of the enemy. The sweet sound of arrows could be heard filling the air that was to the liking of a Meadowlark in full spring song. The sound of two swords working together as if one mind raced through them both could also be heard. “Your god calls for you.” Conall could be heard saying as he took the head of one.

“An early lead indeed? My axe says one; my sword has removed another’s head saying two. You have how many again? While you think and tally the numbers watch this…” Conall’s sword lashes out two deadly swings, at to different targets did Conall want if two could be had.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

???????
Posted on 1/4/2005 at 3:43:14 AM (CST)

Cesair continued to fire away with his crossbow of speed, as soon as one bolt was flung from the weapon, the crossbow would quickly cock itself and was once again ready for another bolt. Cesair smiled to himself over how quickly he could fire the magical weapon. He looked around for suitable targets and kept firing, the melee was quickly turning into a complete rout.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

there is good then there is ....
Posted on 1/4/2005 at 6:11:04 AM (CST)

Haila pondered the ease her companions cleaved through the orcs. There were times it would be nice to be as uncomplicated as her sister and just heft a few swords and cleave a few heads off the shoulders of her enemies. Well, there was no sense in having the rest have all the fun. Lifting her bow she took careful aim at the orcs on the fringe of the melee. Picking them off before they could get to any range weapons. Dire at her knee keeping an eye close by and Niamedris seeming to peer both behind and in front at the same time


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:58:20.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Orc's Regroup

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Orc's Regroup
Posted on 1/4/2005 at 7:32:15 AM (CST)

The Party had seen themselves lay low thier foes in the first round of this combat.
But now the Orc's were aware of them and had regrouped thier numbers still higher then that of the party.

Alasdair moving up to cover the party continued using his power of Life Detection to try and understand the 11th life sign, but got a totally defferent response.
This time he picked up the 16 Orc's but not the party, it was as if they were not there at all and the 11th life sign also too was gone.Moving quickly he blindsided an Orc headed for Haila and with a quick slash of his sword watched as the Orc like its kin fell dead to the floor.....

Haila out of the corner of her eye watched as Alasdair killed the Orc readying to attack her as she aimed her bow.
Calmly she fired her arrows and watched as one hit and the other missed, very nearly hitting Conall instead.The arrow that did hit was a lucky shot killing the Orc earlier wounded by Cesair.
One for the lovely mage who knew she would tell Taila of that.....

Hawk and Taila seemed as the perfect team thier moves seemingly rehearsed many times as they played off one another.
A slash here, a block there, an undercut, a straight edged blow.4 more Orc's dead in seconds no time to counter attack the two Rangers......

Conall and Cor were up to thier old game of ~Who killed Who~ with both tied at two.
The jests and counting continued as first Conall his size and strength no match for these Orc's slew two more a groin slashed open on the first, the second cut in two. Both dead before falling to rest on the floor....

Cor his hammer as fast as before kept the count between them close, a strike again into an Orc's chest threw it back a yard to lay dying at the foot of the pool gasping for air into its crushed lungs.
The second Orc somehow got lucky as Cor's grip on his hammer failed and it flew away into the room, a loud splash was heard.The Orc in front of him so amazed he was not dead smiled and attacked only to realize the pot in its hand would be of little use in killing the haughty Dwarf standing unarmed before it.....

The Orc's regrouped all with weapons of steel and not a pot or a pan, surged forward.To themselves they thought that these scum before them would make a perfect meal.
Suddenly as if as a ghost a female Elf was among them her sword slashing out and the Orken leader dead in the blink of an eye.The creatures panicked and turned to flee finding only a rain of arrow's and bolts, fired with unerring accuracy by a Gnome and Halfling, this time 4 fell dead.....

Af'til was the last to act seeing only two Orc's yet alive.
The one before Cor he saw as no threat for even unarmed the Dwarf would surely kill it.
He knew for the party to survive and find the Lady Althena more info then just the word of a lowly Goblin was needed.
So thinking fast he cast the spell of Hold Person catching the Orc in mid step frozen for now....

The combat except for a frozen Orc and one armed with a pot was over. Cor with a choice to let it live or die at his whim.
The party unhurt and not a wound to show stood victorious once again.......


(OOC:Ok Damn my Orc's never had a chance your rolls except for a few were outstanding.
Well will post on Thursday as norm.
Also I have a new player starting this week as Hawk. He is new to online gaming but has had years of table top expereance, so be nice to him especially you Haila let him get his feet wet before you mess with him his name is Orc Slayer and he will be posting as Hawk by Thursday.
Well good combat and I await to see what Cor will do with his playmate....) 


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 01:59:32.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


34

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A choice
Posted on 1/4/2005 at 8:59:24 AM (CST)

Cor smelled the stink of Orcs and his brain now believed his eyes. Next to him he saw Conall strike down two of the vile beasts. "Ahh, I see you have been paying attention to my examples lately!" he yelled to his companion. An instant later his own hammer crushed the life from an adversary. Unfortunately, the gore that splattered caused his hammer to slip from his grasp on the second attack. He heard it slash into a nearby body of water but had no worry for its magic would bring it back to his hand next round. He waited for Conall's forthcoming taunt and cursed his luck under his breath.

Before him stood a lone Orcs, its companions all struck down. It lost any sense of bravery it may have had and turned to run. An instant later it froze, caught in a spell. Cor looked unblinking into its eyes and spoke slowly to it in common so it could understand. "Your kind are the filth of the earth and deserve to hunted down like dogs. Honor is a foreign consept to you and if our situation were reversed you would strike me dead." It was impossible to miss the rage in his eyes or the contempt in his voice as he spoke. "But I am a war cleric of Odin and a dwarf of honor. I cannot kill you as you stand defensless. So I shall leave you here for as long as the spell lasts. If something comes along and kills and eats I pray only that it suffer no indigestion. Remeber well my name and spread it far and wide amoung your ilk so they give me and my companions a wide berth or they will meet the same fate as your companions. I am Cor, war cleric of Thordin." With that he turned and prepared to move out. His hammer was once again grasped firmly in his hand.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

the battle finished
Posted on 1/4/2005 at 3:10:32 PM (CST)

Hawk looks around the field. Seeing only the two remaining orcs, he tries to bring his hatred of the stinking beasts under control. He begins wiping their foul blood of of his swords on the nearest body.

ooc: sorry so short, posts will become longer as I become more acclimated to the story line. I promise. Also "Hello to everyone"

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Who was that masked man...
Posted on 1/5/2005 at 3:05:10 AM (CST)

Conall heard the splash and wheeled around to see an orc frozen standing before Cor. It took but a split second for the experienced Conall to see the orc was under some spell. Then seeing Cor the Mighty War Cleric standing with out weapon Cor leaned in on the Orc. Conall hopped he would never be on the receiving end of the eyes he saw in that dwarf that day. Then Cor spoke… the orc did nothing, for the spell that had it held fast. Then Cor turned and walked away with hammer in hand. Conall stepped into the orc’s line of sight and was watching Cor as he walk off. Then he turned to the Orc, “And he does this for fun. Conall is the name, I’m just one of his companions. Oh and that stuff in your loincloth has improved your over all stench.” With that Conall smiles and moves off to catch up with Cor.

“Cor, your axe, little messy? I usually just wipe my weapon off with the shirt of the dead when the battle is over. But I suppose if my axe and sword returned to my side when released I too would let them bath in a pool alone.” Conall gave a nod to the War Cleric, “As for the number of dead, it seems to me my total is four and your is only three. But we must think on these numbers. My axe killed one of my fallen and you said sword and hammer. With that out it seems my number falls to only three. Now let us look at your number, three. If it were not for the honor of Odin that runs through your veins and fills your soul the last of your foe would be dead. Alas that is not so and it still stands leaving your count to three. Numbers cannot call a clear winner this battle. As far as student to teacher, did you learn something… two in a mater of seconds and my sword stayed in my hand. Then again you meant to let you hammer bath alone. Well my axe unlike your hammer must be fetched.” Conall moved off to find his axe.

He stopped by an orc with the arrow that had Haila’s markings, he pulled it from the orc and walked over to Haila and very softly says, “This is yours I believe,” as he hands the arrow over. “My back side may not be as large as the good Cor’s but could we try not to hit it all the same. The other of your arrows is in the dark beyond where I was dancing. It seems to have flown by very close and whispered to me a song.”

Conall shoots a thumbs up to Alasdair as he steps over the almost beheaded body of an orc. Then he finds the one with his axe in its face and removes it, “Thank you for holding that for me. I will be having it back now.” With axe and sword Conall makes ready to move out buy finding his drop bag and cleaning up.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Banter with Conall
Posted on 1/5/2005 at 4:43:30 AM (CST)

As Cor left the Orc he did indeed hear teh banter that he expected from Conall. Once the young warrior finished, Cor answered. "You are correct young one in that your tally did exceed mine this battle. So I offer you a drink from my wineskin as promised." Cor handed over his skin and once Conall was finished, he helped himself to a pull also. "Of course you used two weapons to my one so on a per weapon basis you killed two and I three. As for the remaiing Orc, had our wizards not 'assisted' him, he would indeed lay dead. Still it is entirely possible that my number could go to four as that creature is likely to die of a heartattack from seeing me in his nightmares. As for the pool of water, everyone knows war clerics like to wash their weapons from time to time. Besides there could have been another water weird in there." The twinkle had returned to Cor's eyes and it was obvious that his last comments were in jest.

Cor moved to Haila. "Well done lass. Somedays I think you would make a fair dwarf, if you grew beard that is. My backside thanks you for aiming Conalls way. Be careful though, after this battle his head is a bit swelled and your next arrow might not pass him by."


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:01:34.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


35

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

More banter
Posted on 1/5/2005 at 5:34:31 AM (CST)

Conall gladly took the wineskin from Cor. Conall took a swig, swashed around in his mouth holding the flavor for a bit, and then he swallowed and then to a long deep inhales though the mouth. His eyes began to water and a signal cough came to him, “I think I could get used to that stuff, what do you call it again, Hair of the Dragon?”

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

The stuff in the skin
Posted on 1/5/2005 at 10:40:27 AM (CST)

Cor laughed as he watched Conall's reaction to the draught in the skin. "Hair of the Dragon? Nay be what we give to wee younin's when they wean from their mother's teats. I carry it special for paladins." He winked and added "Would ya care for a pull of the good stuff?"

"Oh yeah, someone kill that stupid Orc holding the pot, or else have it take breakfast orders; I'm hungry!" he yelled to his other companions.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Right tool for the right job
Posted on 1/5/2005 at 1:30:00 PM (CST)

“Well I thank you for thinking of us Paladin types.” Then with a shaking of the head, “No, I think the wee youngen’s milk will be just fine for now.” Conall then made a quick glance over his shoulder. “Cor, Why do you think an Orc would bring a pot to a sword fight? This world will never cease to amaze me.”

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

ummmm....oops?
Posted on 1/5/2005 at 4:40:38 PM (CST)

Haila hastily stowed her bow wincing slightly. The mage ran through the odds that the paladin had even noticed her arrow. He came over very quietly which in actual fact kinda made it worse. She wasn't much of a fighter..a pretty awesome mage tho which kinda made up for it. Looking embarassed she stood biting her thumb nail (an old habit when she had been caught doing mischief in her much younger years). Cor as always responded with a mild joke and she was tempted to reply that there was no better cure for an over inflated ego than a good pinprick but as she HAD almost shot him she decided to not pick on Connel. For the rest of the trip in the cave. Or the next five minutes whichever comes first, was the added two coppers from the vacinity of her feet. Haila had to admit the cat had a point.

Looking at the goblin scurring towards the group at top speed she had to laugh. She set Dire to skulk about it not attacking unless it made a threatening move, but just making sure the filthy little thing didn't run of to get some bigger and meaner friends. Looking at the wretch obviously execting to cut up and cook the group for breakfast she was so moved to mark aloud "You gotta love an optamist."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Time for a looksee....
Posted on 1/6/2005 at 3:52:04 AM (CST)

Three shots, two kills, not too bad, could have been better, the little gnome shrugs his shoulders and begins to retrieve whatever bolts he can from the fallen, after that he begins to check the cavern out, looking for other exits other than the one they came through, after that he walks up to Drucilla and stands infront of her with one hand on his hip the other on his chin as he looks up at her.

He saw how she seemed to apear right in the middle of the orcs, impressive! A sneaky move like he would have made, the lass has some skills. After reporting what he finds or does not find in the cavern he says to her, "So lass, whot now?"

Drusilia Liadon
Resident
Posts: 118
Reply | Edit

Keep going...
Posted on 1/6/2005 at 10:51:10 PM (CST)

She looks to the group. "Good job everyone. I am glad that everything went so well." She looks around before giving her orders. "Lets get back into are marching order and we will keep going." With that she takes her place in line and waits for the others before the move out...

0oc: Sorry its so short, i don't have internet access at home, so i am at the library..

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Do it myself
Posted on 1/7/2005 at 4:15:38 AM (CST)

Cor saw that Lady Dru was lining everone up to get movign again and the scouts were preparing to continue scouting. The magically held Orc was still held in place and the one with the pot was still frozen with fear. As noone else seemed to be willing to strike it down, and seeing as it did indeed have a very menacing looking pot Cor spun around and casually launced his hammer straight at its head. "Now teh count should be four to four my friend." he said to Connel as he once again readied himself for further adventure. 'I do hope the opponents get more interesting, these are hardly worth the effort of getting out my hammer.' He kept such thoughts to himself as he found that few other than war clerics ever wished to tougher battles.


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:04:40.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A Short Post

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Short Post
Posted on 1/7/2005 at 5:40:30 AM (CST)

The party having won the battle were per the Lady Dru's orders again back in marching formation...

Cor seeing no point in leaving a mobile pot armed Orc behind them sent his hammer into its skull killing it at once...

Af'til also seeing that no one wanted to gather more information from the held Orc, calmly walked over to it and using his mace crushed its skull to paste with a mighty swing...

The party moved out not a search of bodies or area committed...

Once back in the tunnels Cor finally realized what had seemed strange to him since entering these caves.Natural they were not but made through magic of a type he could tell not.
As a dwarf this truth bothered him for no race that he knew of on Trilogy had such magic to command...

Then the party was halted by Hawk who was on point as they had come upon a branch in the tunnel.
One section headed due west the other due east.
Yet again as was becoming common a direction choice would have to be made.

Before the party two tunnels east and west, where each would lead was unknown but one would be traveled nonetheless.........


(OOC:Okay a kinda short post will as normal post Monday we should have Alasdair back by then.And I should hopefully find out about Af'Til.
As for Taila still waiting back on a couple of invits and hopefully she too will be active again.Welcome to our new player Orc Slayer and please interact with him to get him more involved in things.
Dru as Hawk is an active player I need a location on him in the marching order.Also did you guys forget you have a goblin with you where is he in the marching order and who is watching him??.
OK all for now have a good weekend.)


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:06:14.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


36

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

An ear to the west, an ear to the east...
Posted on 1/7/2005 at 11:00:08 PM (CST)

Once again in the lead, with his crossbow at the ready, With his skills and his cloak and boots he slipped through the tunnels with narry a sight or sound to betray his pressence Cesair wound his way through what was begining to become a labrynth as he once more came to a crossroads. He was listening down each passage as Taila moved up behind him, silently he motioned to Dru that there was once again a choice of direction.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

OOC and IC post
Posted on 1/8/2005 at 5:05:15 AM (CST)

OOC: DM, why after hearing Cor's words to the held Orc did Af'til kill him!? If it wasn't for not wanting to cause party trouble, there would be a nasty confrontation between Cor and Af'til about it. As it is I will only make a small IC reference and let it go. IC: Cor was ready to move when he saw Af'Til wander over to the magically held goblin and kill it in cold blood. Cor turned and called out to him, "Have you no honor at all? His life was mine to take and I chose to let it be. Did you not hear my words? I will let your actions pass this time, but if you ever do that again we will do more than speak." Without waiting for a reply as he was too angry to listen, Cor took his place and began to move. He spoke to Connel as he passed, "Learn well, such actions are deceiptful and wrong. You would spend many days in prayer begging Odin's forgiveness if you were ever to act in such a manner."

As they walked, something kept nagging him about the tunnels. They seemed normal, but then again almost too normal. Where were the occasional irregularities? Then it hit him, this place was created not by pick and shovel but by magic! But who had such magic? None that he knew of. Such a thing could not be good. Cor quickened his pace and found Lady Dru. "Dru, this place is not as it seems. Powerful magic is at work here as these tunnels were created not by sweat and bloood but by magic. Who commands such power I do not know. We had best be on our guard." Cor then moved back inot his accustomed place.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Before we March
Posted on 1/8/2005 at 10:48:27 PM (CST)

As the battle came to a quick end with one Orc frozen in place and one running around with a pot in it's hand Ulthok moved out of the shadows and while Cor and Conall banter back and forth with each other, he always gets a kick out of their good humored ribbing of each other, With whatever little time there is between the end of the battle and Drus' order to regroup and march on I will spend what little time there is before we move out to look around the 50 x 50 room we are in watching for anything that might portray itself as a concealed or secret passage. If I see anything at all I will relay the info to Dru then fall in line.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

only a choice....
Posted on 1/9/2005 at 8:06:27 PM (CST)

As Hawk motions everyone to a stop, he stoops down to examine the ground before him. Looking at the floor of each passage to determine the most recently used, listening intently to each passage for any sign of life.

Hawk silently moves to Dru's side and relays what he has discovered.

"What say you Lady Dru?"

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Equal? Not always.
Posted on 1/10/2005 at 1:40:16 PM (CST)

Conall acting upon Cor’s words to him stood tall and for a split second the paladin with in could be see standing tall and honor was about. “Yes, brother Cor War Cleric of Odin. May Odin guild my every action and go with you.” Conall placed his sword hand, palm open on his chest as he said these words. At that very moment even though Canall stood shoulders over the Cleric and for the most time the two seemed to be equal. It could be seen that Conall was the student in the ways of Odin and war, and that Cor was in charge.

Conall holds his place in line and his thoughts to himself.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Battles too Easy
Posted on 1/10/2005 at 2:42:14 PM (CST)

Once again the party is on the move deeper into this mountain fortress. There is much here that concerns him, especially once he finds out Cor believes the entire place to be formed by magic and not dug by beast. Speaking softly to his marching partner Conall he airs some of his concerns.

Say my friend I’m not sure I like the way things are going so far, I don’t know about you but we are marching thru there defenses like we are on a holiday stroll. Since we all believe the goblin is leading us into a trap what we have seen so far my just be there to look like we have the upper hand and make us over confident. Now we also here that the tunnels and rooms we are marching through are formed and held open by magic does that mean the maker could just dispel the magic and where we walk would once again become solid rock, not a pleasant idea.

Walking along quietly for a moment after his words to Conall they again reach a place where they must turn making his way to the front he will also listen intently down each to see what he may hear. Then he goes to Dru with what he hears if anything but with a question also.

Lady I would like to air a concern while we ponder are next path. We march with no resistance following this goblin that I like not. Now that we are in their lair do we have any way to locate the Lady Sunblayze on our own any way to pick a different path not one chosen by our enemies. I have no abilities magical or otherwise to help but maybe one among us does. We have brought articles of hers with us can they be of help?

After speaking Ulthok looks around and waits for their next move all the while searching his brain for any ideas that might help them find their objective by surprise.


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:08:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


Waiting for Dru

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Waiting for Dru
Posted on 1/11/2005 at 5:35:54 AM (CST)

Cesair with both Hawk and Taila near him looked at the hallway branch for a moment then waving the others to a halt carefully used his keen hearing to detect the echoes of sound.
No sounds were there to be heard from the east or west. All was quiet...

A little before this Cor had lashed out at Af'til in what was clearly a misunderstanding.
Af'Til realizing this framed his response with care...

"My Friend clear it is to me that you have misread my previous action for it was I that held the Orc creature in the first place.You claim it was yours to kill but it was in fact the Orc with the pot BEFORE you that was yours to kill which in time you did so.
The held creature was again mine and as no one chose to question it or allow me to do such I killed it.The hold would of course have worn off in time and it would have escaped.Our presense would then be surely known if it is not already.
If my action offended you I am sorry to you personally but not for said action."

With that done Af'til again moved to take his place in the formation of march...

As the party was leaving Ulthok chose that moment to make a quick scan of the 50x50 area. But with no time to really search did not find anything of note...

Hawk moved forward after Cesair gave his all clear and probed the area of the two tunnels for the most traveled one.
It turned out to be the eastern one, yet to his keen Elvin eyes he could tell that the west too had seen much travel at a time not so long ago.
Relaying his findings to Dru he like the rest of the party awaited her choice of direction.

The way to turn and continue on in search of Althena was in Dru's hands.......

(OOC:Next post Thursday Alasdair is back and will be posting as normal but this week Conall will not.)


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:09:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


37

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Hmmmmmmmm
Posted on 1/11/2005 at 5:17:20 PM (CST)

OOC: Marching order with Hawk and who has the goblin.

Hawk & Cesair
Cor & Dru
Halia & Af’Til
Ulthok & Conall
Talia & Lord Alasdair

I know everyone won’t be happy but everyone can’t be up front.Now the goblin I am asking Conall and Ulthok to handle it with them.

Thank You Group.


BIC:
At the cross way once again Dru must make a choice. She listens to all the info she gets from Cesair, Hawk, Talia, and Ulthok. Noone hears anything and the rangers tell me most tracks lead East however the west has seen much travel also of late. Not much help.

She knows her party hates standing around making decisions but one must be made she calls on three comrades for more info.

I would like Alasdair and Conall to please come up front here and bring the stinking goblin also. Now I know that some of the impressions that you have been getting Alasdair have been confusing but I would like you to scan both ways and tell me what life impressions you get. Conall I would also like you to do your detection for evil and let me know what you find. Ulthok I believe you speak goblin find out which way it says we should go and if he can tell us about how far the lady is.

While she waits for them to carry out their tasks she moves closer to Lord Alasdair so she can talk quietly with him.

My lord would any of the powers you possess allow you to extract information directly from the goblins subconsience like the route he is leading us on or the location of Sunblayze here inside the mountain, or do you have anyway to locate or contact the Lady at all.

Once done talking with Alasdair she repeats the same question to them all that Ulthok had ask.

I know this has kind of already been asked but do any of us have a way to locate the whereabouts of Sunblayze from a distance?
She looks at the group with a look of anxiety on her face.

OOC: I know I missed my post on Monday, but before I make the decision on which way to go I would like to here from at least Alasdair and from anyone who might help. Tann. I have sent you an e-mail.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

An answer to Af'Til
Posted on 1/12/2005 at 5:41:43 AM (CST)

"Af'Til, you did indeed magic the Orc. However you saw me speak to it and promise it that it would live as it was defenseless. Then you chose to go behind me and kill it. You say his life was yours to take and I disagree. However that is irrelevant now as the creature is dead. Just don't make a habit of such actions. I am a war cleric of Odin and my honor will remain beyond reproach. I will not stand by and see it tainted. I don't expect you to understand why. Let us put this behind us and move on. Are we agreed?" Cor offeres Af'Til a drink from his wineskin.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A Little Instagation
Posted on 1/12/2005 at 1:51:51 PM (CST)

OOC: What follows in this post is just what Ulthok is thinking non of this is said out loud but since such has been made about this orc and killing it I just know that being the chaotic non law abiding sneaky thief who belives in back stabbing as a good form of combat that he is there is no way he would not have at least a passing thought about the subject.
BIC:
As the party moved on and Cor made his statement to Af'Til about killing the orc and I quote,

""Af'Til, you did indeed magic the Orc. However you saw me speak to it and promise it that it would live as it was defenseless. Then you chose to go behind me and kill it. You say his life was yours to take and I disagree. However that is irrelevant now as the creature is dead. Just don't make a habit of such actions. I am a war cleric of Odin and my honor will remain beyond reproach. I will not stand by and see it tainted. I don't expect you to understand why. Let us put this behind us and move on. Are we agreed?"
pretty strong words over an orc he thinks to himself.If Af'Til hadn't killed it I would have before we left the room and gave it a chanch to go tell others where we are.Ulthok continues to ponder Cor's words about honor and such and yes he understands that clerics have an honor to their gods However to him that honor should never superceed the safty and devotion we must have for our party members that is what must always come first.So if killing the orc kept the party safe then that was the honorable thing to do.Ulthok decides that he must make a point to speak to both Cor and Af'Til about his feelings but will wait till a better time party unity is of utmost importance right now.

OOC: OK Just a reminder I did this post in order to give everyone a better feeling for my character Ulthok and his motavations behind some of his actions the party has been togeather for some time now at least the core group and should have some idea of how a character may act in a situation like the one with the orc. Now remember I expect no retaliation for this yet as this is only his thoughts.Once I speak to the parties then it can hit the fan

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

It hitting the fan....
Posted on 1/13/2005 at 4:01:30 AM (CST)

One orc or a thousand, thier lives meant next to nothing to Cesair and one look into the eyes o' his fellow thief and he could tell how Ulthok felt about the situation. Although Cesair himself could not understand the logic behind Cor's feelings, he could however respect the dwarf's beliefs. Honor was a noble aspiration albiet an albatross around one's neck sometimes. Cesair though, was a bit too pragmatic for such lofty ideals, he had seen before how honorable intentions lead to the downfall o' more than one party, that was why he usually chose to run with those o' a simular mindset as himself, less complications that way.

During the course o' his younger days, before he had become so adept at getting into and out of places without being seen, he had to defend himself against a few individuals who were a far cry from the bottomfeeding, scum sucking, murderous wretches that are orcs. Those guards, like Cesair himself, knew that there was a reasonable risk involved in thier profession, and right now the gnome would rather have to kill a hundred filthy orcs than having killed just one of those guards.

Cor, and his high moral fiber, is definately worth more than a thousand orc lives, this party worth tens of thousands, this mission probably worth every single orc life. Cesair could tell that Aftil took no pleasure in killing the orc, it was something that he, and a few others, felt needed to be done for the sake of the many. The gnome was sure that if it had been a situation in which Aftil could of just smacked the bugger on the arse and send it runnin home to mommy, the lad would a done it. Cesair gave the halfling a wink and a nod of his head. Kindred spirits.

This group, made up o' so many different types, so many conflicting thoughts, straining against one another, all heald together by one human female. As the stinky goblin was brought forward to answer questions, Cesair looked up at their leader. He forced a strained smile onto his little face for her, he hoped for all of their sakes that she would prove up to the task of controlling this volatile little band. He would do what he could to give her wise council.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Since we are all thinking
Posted on 1/13/2005 at 5:10:11 AM (CST)

OOC:This also is a "thoughts" post so Cor's actions are understood. Never fear talking to Cor as he knows there are more points of view than his own and repects convictions. IC: Cor pondered the recent events as he waited to hear Lady Dru's guidance. 'I know some of my companions do not understand my actions. I care not a spit about the Orc, as a matter of fact they are sworn enemies of dwarves. It is my word as bond that was in question. A dwarf, and especially a war cleric, is nothing without honor. I cannot strike down defensless enemies. Perhaps I should not have promised it its life but rather simply turned my back on what was to happen. No, pretending not to see would also be wrong. I know others in the party have less lofty ideals are are not averse to slaying the innocent or defensless to reach thier goal. I will not judge them by my own standards. I know Af'Til likely thought he acted in the manner best for the party so I cannot fault him in that. And I am sure others feel the same as he did. I would rather have seen the vile beast run and tell his companions. Either they would know better than to get in our way or they would have come in force to deal with us. What a glorius battle that would be! At least we would meet them and destroy them in one fell swoop. Now we have to wonder if there are more of them lurking around every turn. Of well, no harm done by anyone.'

Cor took another pull from his wineskin, this time it was the good stuff.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

a world without orcs
Posted on 1/13/2005 at 1:40:37 PM (CST)

Hawk takes a drink from his wineskin, as he waits for the word of where to go. He takes this time to try to imagine a world with no orcs. "It sounds beautiful to me" he whispers to himself. Then takes another drink.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Go West Young Party
Posted on 1/14/2005 at 12:40:29 AM (CST)

After gathering as much information from those she asked for it from as she could Drusilia makes a deceision as what the party is to do next.None of the info helps much for no noise was heard either way.Hawk gives the most detailed information and says" The most traveled tunnle is the one going east, however the west too had seen much travel at a time not so long ago."Taking this into account Dru wonders if maybe the change in tunnle travel was deliberate, their enemy knowing they would be in here soon, in order to throw them off.She has deceided to go west.


"Well group I have deceided we shall go west in our search, but remember I am willing to take advice from any party member who might have any ideas on how we might find our Lady Sunblayze without having to wind our way blindly through this maze of passage ways and tunnles.So lets regroup fall in line and move out."

OOC: Marching Order Again

Hawk & Cesair

Drusilia & Cor

Af'Til & Halia

Ulthok & Conall

Alasdair & Talia

BIC:
Once they are back in marching order and moving down the west tunnle Drusilia will use all of her abilities to try to gleen any info on the location of Sunblayze.She is also watching for any pools of water they might come across.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

moving west and looking back
Posted on 1/14/2005 at 1:55:32 AM (CST)

Once the Lady Dru gives her order for the party to fall back into line and to move west Ulthok fell in next to Conall and starts moving along.From his spot back forth in line it is hard for him to try to watch or listen for anything that might be up in front He wonders if there is a possability that there are any concelled or secert passage ways they are passing by.Taking the chance he might make Dru angery he moves out of line for a second and moves up next to her.


"Lady if you don't mind my skills might be better used if I drop back to the back of the group and keep a close watch for unseen or concelled passages or doors.I can take a little time to search because if I get a little behind I can use my boots of striding to get back in line.I just have a feeling we might be missing something along the way."

OOC: I e-mailed Dru to see if this would be ok so we could keep the game moving and got the go ahead from her.

After speaking with Dru Ulthok drops back in place next to Conall and turning around slightly so he can talk with him as well as the two behind them.
"I am going to drop back behind the group and kind of do a scan and search of the passage we have passed through just to try to make sure we don't pass up any unseen, concelled , or secret passage ways or doors if I can."

After speaking he stops and allows Alasdair and Talia to move past him.the first thing he will do is cast his detect magic spell in hopes that just maybe if there is a secret door it might be magicall warded for protection, or who knows something else might showup.As well as looking both up and down, both sides and ceiling with the spell he will also take the time to check manually the walls on both sides taking one round to do so.He will then run to catch up to the back of the group and then take a round to check the area again.He will continue to do this while they travel as long as he can, untill they again meet trouble, untill he finds something, or they stop again.


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:12:23.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 172/116
6174 Posts


A Tunnel to Nowhere

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Tunnel to Nowhere??
Posted on 1/14/2005 at 7:36:04 AM (CST)

As the party awaited Dru’s command as to East or West, some could not help but ponder the actions of both Cor and Af’Til...

They understood Cor’s stance on the Issue but also of Af’tils and some even thought if he had not killed the Orc they themselves would have. But for now the deed good or bad was done the mission still very much before them...

Dru listened to the information gathered by the party’s scouts and awaited any more word from the Goblin who in the last hour had gone very quiet. Looking to her he told though he knew she was here he did not know where but most likely on the Forbidden level to his kind.
When asked of this `Forbidden Level` all he would say was the level below the level below this level as if in a trance...

With all the information possible at hand Dru made her choice, to the West they would go for as Hawk had told her it had the lowest traffic of the paths tread. Once again in proper marching order the party moved forward following the path that after 50ft began a slow turn to the North...

Ulthok with the Lady Dru's ok did some backtracking of his own but no doors, traps or danger did he find. For the moment it seemed the way behind them was clear....

Another 60ft beyond the turn both Hawk and Cesair in front of the party saw first the strangest of sights...
The tunnel ended in a stone wall no doors were there in sight...

Both thought to themselves with the signs of passage on this path yet heavy but with no door visible one of secret hidden there must be...

So Gnome and Elf together a through search by both was made a door hidden as wall to the east they did find.
Cesair without haste knelt before the door and listened for sounds beyond it while calmly checking for traps none did he think were found, but sound was to be heard...

To him it seemed as if heavy breathing as that of horse’s or a large animal. Then as he stood slowly to his feet his nose was hit by the smell of urine and feces as if left by many creatures or by one very large...

The Two scouts awaited the party’s arrival at that time they informed them of what had been found...

Hawk as Cesair knelt before the door had done a check of his own finding the prints of some type of clawed animal in the dirt of the tunnels floor numbers of which he could only guess somewhere in the 20’s perhaps.
The size of the claw marks looked to him to be medium sized as if a panther, large dog or something in size related...

What lay behind the door of stone was it many or few.? Monster or animal.? Without a doubt foes they surely would turn out to be.
Was the risk of entering warranted or should they return to the branch and head to the east...

A tough call to be made would the right choice be chosen. Would a wrong step be taken.
A party of ten they were, a choice of but one to be made………..

OOC:Ok guys and gals here is the Thursdays post. Will post as normal on Monday
Some of you told me you would post but did not please I know nothing really exciting is happening like combat and such but please post something I know RL is hard right now but 3 or 4 lines is okay get your characters active again its hard posting character actions when your characters don’t do anything.
As I have not heard back from the Admiral I must assume that I will need to seek someone new and have done so.
As for Taila if I cannot find someone by next month she will be dropped sorry Jinxa as Hawk is active again and Af’til is the only other Cleric those characters take precedence.Everyone have a good weekend see ya Monday.)


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 02:14:09.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.