The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3965 registered users. Our newest member is Rolenso.
Online members: dragon-soul92
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by dragon-soul92)Trilogy War Q/A
Common Room - Space strategy game ideas... (posted by t_catt11)Space strategy game ideas
Dungeons and Dragons - LBW Blacktooth Ridge  (posted by karifur)LBW Blacktooth Ridge
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Recruitment Threads - Firefly Serenity reboot (posted by Bromern Sal)Firefly Serenity reboot
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Good Mens
Price: $14.00

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne


Rayne scouting ahead of the party breaks from the forest and spots the campfire not to far form where they came out. They were tired, hunger, and still missing their comrades, for Rane she was also missing Arwen. The great eagle owl so far had not found her.

The warmth of the fire and the hot meal is most welcome.

"Our thanks, Ulthok, for you thoughtfulness in making a visible camp and having food ready." Rayne compliments the halfling mage. Taking a portion of the meal for herself she sits down and eats quickly. Then rising again she walks out a bit and whistles again for her companion. Sleep for her is fitful, yet again. Beside standing her watch she walks several times during the night to whistle for Arwen, moving away from camp to do so. Waiting for some time until she realizes she has still not yet found her--if she is still alive and if she is unhurt and able to fly--so many ifs and ands. One thing she thought of was that she could try is a summons animal and hopefully reach some flying creature with her call. Perhaps she could spread the word she had to try everything she could. (Casts summons animal.)

Rayne was not without any of her companions, her close companions for many years. She felt diminished by their absence. She tried to fight the feeling knowing that Shadow and Stormy and her two madcap ferrets and now hopefully Ariel, her Pegasus were all back at the King’s palace. They should be all okay but it is the still missing Arwen who is that drags at her spirit.

Disheartened Rayne returns after each try and lays down but deep, restful sleep eludes her.

Somewhere sleep came snatched here and there in the night. Rayne woke in the morning and rose to whistled, yet again for Arwen. She made a meal of trail rations, and listened as other got ready for the new day.


Posted on 2008-02-20 at 06:12:12.
Edited on 2008-02-20 at 19:19:00 by Brianna

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


A Horse is a Horse unless it's a Halfling.

Ulthok Likes Cynil's idea for the both of them to change themselves once they reach the road for as horses they could travel much faster than on foot. I think that is a great idea Cynil I will make sure that I am prepared to do that when the time comes, for I will need to replenish my spells tonight before I sleep.
So before bed he gets out his book and reads and concentrates memorizing all he needs to for the spells he will have on hand the next day.
After getting his spells he sleeps. Next morning goes as planned and when the party reaches the road Ulthok will speak with Cynil. Well I think this would be the time and place to make our change and them we should be able to reach the city in much less time. Divot and Althena may ride on me if they like and Rayne on you, if that is agreeable. Ulthok will quickly preform the necessary verbal part of his spell
“ esroh gnidir yvaeh otni fles mrofsnart ot em wolla dna sdnob rieht kaerb rehtegot su dnib that secrof
eht yam”
and upon uttering the final word in the spell in his place stands a nice light tan riding horse.
OOC: From here as they ride him into town he will have his “deep thoughts” about Cor and the night on the ship as wrote in my first post. and when Omensamen comes she will land on my rump and ride with us the rest of the way.
BIC: Once they are mounted on his back Ulthok the horse will start the journey to the village of Main somewhere along the way as the horse Ulthok is galloping along Omensamen joins the party by landing on the horses rump.






Posted on 2008-02-20 at 18:31:07.
Edited on 2008-02-28 at 06:18:18 by TannTalas

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

That night Cynil memorizes her spells and in the morning Cynil will turn into a big Palomino War Horse mare. She will carry Rayne and Haila.


Posted on 2008-02-20 at 19:44:47.
Edited on 2008-02-28 at 06:19:36 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6261 Posts


Daybreak / Round Three

WESTERN FOREST / ROAD NORTH
The party rested, fed, and for both Cleric and the two Mage’s spells memorized, awoke to a beautiful day. The sun high and the weather pleasant for a few moments it was easy to forget the horror they had faced among the tree’s not so long ago.
However, one member yet remembered and remembered all to well as she had slept little as she whistled for her friend with no luck.

With the prospect of a long walk ahead, the Druid Cynil came up with the perfect solution. Her idea, for Ulthok and her to turn themselves into horses, was well met and with Haila and Divot on Ulthok and Rayne and the Lady Althena upon Cynil, they moved west and finally intersected the rode turned north.

A journey of perhaps 2 days turned into one, a river bridge crossed without incident, and with only a few breaks they came to the crest of a hill. With night having fallen just an hour past the lights of a medium sized town were clear to all. Here was the town of Main without a doubt a welcome sight to all.

EASTERN FOREST
Cor having finally reached the sounds of battle was for a moment surprised to find Conall on one leg fighting alone against the same bark skinned Strangers as the one he had killed at the river campsite. While a second man of a type, he had never seen before again fighting alone.
With no real thought as to whom perhaps needed him more he moved towards Conall as fast as his legs could go and reached him UN attacked. His hands upon the Paladin’s back he cast the spell of Heal.

Tomiki having taken the wound to his leg with a stone face was ready to once again press his attacks. Drawing the short sword of a samurai, a Wakazashi, he added it as a second weapon to the Katana already held. With a quick faint to his right, using his speed and ferociousness of his attack, he quickly moved to a large tree he had marked as a good spot to place behind him. The Samurai knew that with such odds against him his best bet was to break through the surrounding circle of attackers. His two attacks this turn produced two results as the Katana scored a clear hit to one of the five while the Wakazashi was a miss. However, his quick move had served its purpose allowing him to reach the tree with no wounds received. With his back, hopefully, thus protected Tomiki Kenji was ready for round four.

(OOC: OK, Dragon Mistress, Brianna, Dragonmist, Cdnflirt, below you is the well lite town of Main. From the hill, it looks just like any other peaceful town with no walls and from what you can make out no military presence.

Ok just a heads up I start school this coming Monday to learn the skills of an AC Technician so depending on how my first week goes I may need to change my posting night but for now unless otherwise posted my next post as normal will be Wednesday night.


Posted on 2008-02-21 at 05:47:43.
Edited on 2008-02-21 at 05:49:08 by TannTalas

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


…Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.”

Tomiki Kenji stood with his back to a large tree facing his remaining five opponents, one of which he had wounded on his way to the tree. His tactic to get him to this more defensible position had worked and he had escaped any damage. Now he stood in a position where only three maybe four could come at him without tripping over each other.

Kenji saw the short armored figure rush up and touch the wounded man and could only guess that he was using some form of magic to aid his friend. At least he hoped that was what he was seeing. At least the new arrival hadn’t attacked either of them so for now he would consider this one a ally.

“Get him out of here!” He yelled in common at the new ally, “I will keep them here as long as I can.”

Even though he knew that if the four attacking the others were to stay and attack him, Kenji doubted he could take them all down and survive. But survival was not an issue for to die with honor was the important thing. To die defending people in need was a very honorable way to go.

“Come on!” he snarled to the five in front of him, “come and die demons.”

Keeping the tree to his back so that no one could attack him from behind, he lashed out with both his weapons at any that came within range of blades. He would use his speed and deadly skill to concentrate on one or two of his opponents, focusing on any of them that might appear to be already wounded.


Posted on 2008-02-22 at 00:33:12.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2185 Posts


A funny man indeed

Cor reached Connel and cast his spell. What good it would do he was not sure for he couldn't tell what other damage might have been done but at least it should keep his friend alive for now. It was then he heard the strangly dressed man yell for him to get Connel out and he would hold them off. Cor almost laughed at the thought of Connel and himslef running from a fight. "Run? Why there is no way we will let you have all the fun here. No, these foul abominations must die and die they shall." Cor stayed close to Connel and sought out an enemy. His axe swung in an arch seeking to cut the nearest creature in two. The full fury of a dwarf enraged flowed through him and he focused on teh task at hand.


Posted on 2008-02-22 at 01:31:44.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


New Towns New Fears

With himself and Cynil transformed into horses and the rest of the party mounted upon their backs they group makes a two day walk into a one day ride. At one point they crossed a bridge which they now know is where they would have come out had they stayed on the river . Riding on as darkness starts to come they crest a small rise in the road and the city of Main can be seen it looks to be a medium sized town with no walls. Wanting to reach the city as soon as they can Ulthok breaks into a gallop and rides his passengers just about as close as he would want before changing back into a halfling. Once the group is together as they are standing at the outskirts of Main Before they start down the road and into the town proper Ulthok stops the group, turning to Rayne Everyone here may think I am just starting to get paranoid, but for some reason I am getting an uneasy feeling about this place, I was wondering if you had any abilities that can be used to detect evil, and if you do maybe you could check this out before we wander in blindly.
With a request for their remaining cleric to try to see if there is any evil to be detected in the city they are about to enter Ulthok waits patiently for an answer to his question.


Posted on 2008-02-27 at 16:44:22.
Edited on 2008-02-27 at 16:45:20 by Dragonmist

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

The travel is not hard on Rayne it is something she is well use too. SHE misses Ariel though now that they are out of the dense forest though she hopws Ariel is safely back to the palace. Rayne cannot think of much that would threaten the large Pegasus that she could not avoid. However with Arwen still missing her hopes have begin to waver. She still whistles for him but less often now. When the lights of the town are finally seen for some reason he hopes fade even more.

Ulthok gallops forwards as they near the town Cynil soon joins him by galloping forward shortly after he takes off.

Then Ulthok changes back into his normal form, and ask if anyone has Detect Evil. Rayne does and so she tells him.

Moving up to Ulthok, Rayne speaks, "I have one Detect Evil, but what is it that you are suspicious of? If you want me to use it it would be better close in so that the origin of the evil might be better indicated.


The travel is not hard on Rayne it is something she is well use too. SHE misses Ariel though now that they are out of the dense forest though she hopws Ariel is dafely back to the palace. Rayne cannot think of much that would threaten the large Pegasus that she could not avoid. However with Arwen still missing her hpes have begin to waver. She still whistles for him but less often now. WHEn the lights of the town are finally seen for some reason he hopes fade even more.

Ulthok gallops forwawards as they near the town Cynil soon joins him by galloping forward shortly after he takes off.

THen Ulthok changes back into his normal form. and asks if anyone has Detect Evil. Rayne does and so she tells him.

Moving up to Ulthok rayne speaks, "I have one Detect Evil, but what is it that you are suspicious of? IF you want me to use it it would be better close in so that the origin of the evil might be better indicatied.


Posted on 2008-02-27 at 18:47:28.
Edited on 2008-02-28 at 06:20:14 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6261 Posts


A twist I say!!

THE TOWN OF MAIN
The group of five having finally reached their intended destination without any incidents was happy to be safe. Ulthok though having encountered one surprise too many was unsure if this quiet little town was what it seemed.

Calling forth Rayne, he asked of her to use her ability to Detect Evil and scan the town before them. With her suggestion of moving forward agreed upon the party now walking edged closer.

At a distance of a thousand yards, Rayne cast and was quickly able to detect… Nothing…
The town of Main was free of any evil taint from forest or individual and was what it appeared. With Ulthok’s worries appeased, the party moved forward and into the town itself. As they moved they could see a few of the towns folk looking their way but for the most part seemingly used to having strangers among them gladly giving Haila directions to Main’s lone Inn, The Ambercrombe. The few stores they passed closed for the night consisted of a general supply store, a metalsmith/blacksmith shop, a second hand trade store and lastly a food and grain livery selling both rations for people and horses. Off in the distance sitting upon a quiet hill could be seen the outline of a small church.

Finally, the Inn stood before them its many windows aglow with light and the sounds of a beautiful female voice spilling into the street in song. Without another moment of hesitation, the five did enter to find a bar a large human man behind it, behind him a doorway the smell of rich ale and good food coming from it. Numerous tables spaced evenly across the floor with only a few as yet empty filled by a crowd of Humans, both female and male and a goodly number of Dwarves all intent to their front where upon the stage a most beautiful golden haired girl was lost in song.


EASTERN FOREST
Tomiki Kenji his back now firmly protected by the trunk of the tree behind him stood facing his remaining five opponents. As four of the five closed on him the fifth remained behind, clearly the one he had wounded, was raising his bow to fire but the samurai had little time to dwell on this as three of the strangers attacked, the forth awaiting his turn.

The first though quick found his sword reaching for Tomiki’s throat only to find it had become lodged in the tree. The second and third having both attacked on the same side found each to be in the others way and did knock themselves away with a weapon raised to strike. With the fourth out of position and unable to attack this turn it was the fifth that scored a hit, an arrow into the samurai’s right side while a seconded embedded itself by his head… The pain intense, blood beginning to flow it was the samurai’s turn to attack.

Quick as that of a striking snake his swords flashed out and with both scoring good hits he watched as one of the strangers, its head gone from its tree trunk like body, fall to the ground dead. However, the Samurai watched as the fifth reloaded and the forth having seen the wisdom of the fifth was drawing his own bow. The second, and third stranger having finally recovered, the first now lying dead, became aware of the arrow in Tomiki’s side and took on a new stance deciding to keep the Asian warrior pinned to the tree and let more arrows do their work for them.

Cor, finding himself unnoticed had reached Conall’s back and cast the spell of Heal, its power at once flowing through the Paladin’s body. Though it could not heal the missing leg, it did heal his wounds giving him greater strength in which to fight.

With his first action done the dwarf Cleric Knight enraged attacked the closet of the four strangers, and his aim was true striking the arm of the closet stranger a double tap of two clean hits almost cutting the arm from the strangers side. Though yet attached it was to Cor’s trained eye clearly useless, leaving a left side open. Now too had the dwarf been noticed and something in the manner of the four stranger’s eyes did change as they ignored the Paladin and all came for him as a group.

Conall felt the hands upon his back and for the moment thought himself attacked, but with the wave of healing he it to be not so. A quick glance over his shoulder to find his friend Cor there a smile crossed his lips and he defended against the first attack.
With the turning of the strangers from him towards the dwarf Cleric Knight, he tried for an attack but in moving his shield did slide and he found himself off balance, his attack failed. Not one to give up or surrender, his shield firm once again he awaited an opportunity to strike.

(OOC: Ok good posting.
Dragonmist, Cdnflirt, Brianna and Dragon Mistress you are in town and safe for the moment so I have decided on a twist.
Keeper, YeOlde from this point on send me your posts in PM and I will reply as soon as I get them or within a day or so. This way the other party members do not know what is happening and we can finish this fight faster and get you guys, depending if you survive, back to the rest of the party. Call it for the rest of you Mystery Theater. .
Well as this Module of my first 6 weeks of school seems to be rather laid back, I see no problem continuing to post on Wednesday nights.)


Posted on 2008-02-28 at 06:16:18.
Edited on 2008-03-07 at 05:16:48 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne dismounts and gathers her pack as they party stop outside the town while the two horses, manifest their true form. She could use this time to stretch her body and limber up some.

Turning to Ulthok and Cynil, in turns "I promise a rub down for you horses tonight, perhaps after you bathe. It is not easy to change and be pack animals for a double load for most of the day." Rayne sets out for the town with an easy stride taking time to loosen up her muscle, and search the skies yet again.

"I wish one of your shape changing spells would last me long enough to get back to the forest and search for Cor, Conall ns Arwen." Rayne says and she heads into the inn. The warm golden firelight made the windows glow comfortably.

Perhaps for a bit they would have a moment of rest and time to recover. Rayne waits as the others enter. looking over these few who had become so important to her is such a short time, Ulthok, and Divot brothers as different and night and day. There was Cynil, who appearance of fragility hide her inner strength, Haila,, whose courage could not be doubted, and the Lady Althea who had gone through so much in just the time Rayne was with them. Still missing were Cor and Conall and the groups seemed quieted by that fact.

Once they all entered the inn Rayne gave a final look to the skies and followed them in with a heavy heart. She could accept his death it was the not knowing for sure that made it all the more difficult.

The Ranger/Cleric sat down at a table where she could see outside but near enough to the fire to feel the warmth. She ordered of stew, bread, cheese, fruit and drink and while she waited her eyes scanned inside and out.

“Ulthok Could be do an augury to find out if Cor and Conall are still alive?” She would also like to ask about Arwen but their two comrades were the most important to all of them.


Posted on 2008-03-05 at 04:33:22.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil joins the others as they enter the town, she is releaved to to find a sanctuary after all they had been through. She hears Rayne's wish to go look for their missing members,

"Once I rest, Rayne, I could fly back and look for them, but before I do I want to know what these people know about that blighted area. I can not believe that such a place could exist without tales of warning being given to travelers on the river."

Beneath Cynil's normally placid exterior, fumed an enraged Druid. She wanted answers and revenge.

She follows Rayne to the table and when the Ranger orders dinner she just says, "The same for me?"

"Thank you Rayne for your offer, a hot bath and a rub down would feel wonderful."

As the others arrive and sit, she looks to them all. "I want to know what these people know about the Blighted Forest. I will try to get them to talk about it. I will say we are thinking about travelilng down river by boat."

We were told that the River was the fastest way north, so if it was commonly traveled, why was there no warning about
the Blighted Forest or those creatures whicvh certainly are not men.


Posted on 2008-03-05 at 04:53:41.
Edited on 2008-03-05 at 20:05:48 by Dragon Mistress

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


Ambercrombe and ?

OOC: First I would like to apologize to the group for being absent from posting for so long, but it has really been out of my hands my company has cut my work hours in half and I had to drop my high speed Internet connection and just finally got a phone one back up and running, anyways I am back and will be present.Thanks for being patient with me for I would hate to lose out on any of the games I play here at the RDINN.

BIC: Having arrived at the small town of Main Ulthok just can't put the feelings of dread and paranoia behind and as they approach the town he asks if anyone can detect evil. Rayne comes forward and says she can but it would be better served if they moved somewhat closer to town before she used the spell which they do and she does cast the spell only to find out there is nothing to find out. His fears put to rest Ulthok and the rest move into the town and with a few questions find the only Inn called The Ambercrombe. The five do enter to find a bar, a large human man behind it, behind him a doorway the smell of rich ale and good food coming from it. Numerous tables spaced evenly across the floor with only a few as yet empty filled by a crowd of Humans, both female and male and a goodly number of Dwarves all intent to their front where upon the stage a most beautiful golden haired girl was lost in song.

Once inside the Ambercrombe the group finds a table and once seated are approached by a waitress, Ulthok at once orders a pint of the great smelling ale and orders a plate of whatever the waitress suggests is the bars finest food. So as they sat and ate and drank their thoughts were most certainly on their two missing companions. Ulthok ate and listened to the conversation about what they should do next and he did agree that they should try to find out how much these towns people did know about the tainted forest and what was happening there almost right under their noses. That was one of the reasons why he felt uncomfortable when they where first entering the town for the distance to the tainted forest from the town of Main by the river was not that far, and that still worried Ulthok, did theses town folk have a secret to hide. Putting his fears aside for the moment Yes Cynil I think that finding out what you can from these people about the blighted forest may be helpful, but I caution to proceed carefully for we don't really know yet if there is any connection between the two as of yet, like you said they are fairly close together for there to be no notice or warning at least as far as we know. We will find out more tomorrow after a good nights rest. I know we all would like to be out searching for Cor and Conall but until morning I don't think there is anything we could or should be doing.Also I would like to say that although a good idea I do not have the ability to cast an Augury spell to see if going back for Cor and Conall is a good idea for I believe that is a spell more linked to priests and druids.As far as saying we are planning a canoe trip on the river as a cover story Cynil, to get information from the towns folk that is a good idea for I along with my brother over there are going to go out in the morning and see if we can procure some canoe's then we can all head back down river to see what is happening back at the sight of the fire, or hopefully pick up Cor and Conall along the river long before we reach that blasted camp sight. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea say so if not I suggest we get as best a rest as we can and meet back here for morning meal. At this time I also think we should stay in pairs at least no one of us should be left alone.
Having finished his idea session he waits for a few minutes to see if there are any ideas or complaints about what he is proposing if not he will excuse himself and along with Divot retire to the room they have procured for the night. Using the quite time to study Ulthok will prepare his spells for the next day and then he will try to get as good a nights sleep as he can thinking tomorrow may be a rather rough day. In trying to prepare for tomorrow Ulthok will change the spells he has memorized in the following way the first three levels will remain unchanged however level 4 spells memorized will be




Posted on 2008-03-06 at 15:07:32.
Edited on 2008-03-07 at 04:58:09 by TannTalas

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6261 Posts


Home is Where the Heart Is

THE TOWN OF MAIN
With the party having reached Main and gathered in the dinning room of the Abercrombe Inn talk at once turned to the missing two members Cor and Conall and the eagle owl Arwen.
The first to speak was the Ranger/Cleric Rayne looking to Ulthok and Cynil.

"I wish one of your shape changing spells would last me long enough to get back to the forest and search for Cor, Conall and Arwen.”

"Once I rest, Rayne, I could fly back and look for them, but before I do I want to know what these people know about that blighted area. I can not believe that such a place could exist without tales of warning being given to travelers on the river." Cynil replied.

Next Rayne looked to Ulthok as she posed her next question

“Ulthok Could you do an augury to find out if Cor and Conall are still alive?”

“I do not have the ability to cast an Augury spell to see if going back for Cor and Conall is a good idea for I believe that is a spell more linked to priests and druids. However, I do agree with Cynil in that, I think finding out what we can from these people about the blighted forest may be helpful. But I caution to proceed carefully for we don't really know yet if there is any connection between the two as of yet, like you said they are fairly close together for there to be no notice or warning at least as far as we know. We will find out more tomorrow after a good nights rest.”

With a few more small conversations, the food ordered eaten, and the group ready for bed they adjourned to their rooms. With 3 rooms ordered, Ulthok and Divot in the first, Althena and Haila in the second and Cynil and Rayne in the 3rd the six did sleep though for some it was a hard rest the thought of 3 of there number missing possibly dead a weight on all minds.

The next morning came bright and early and the six found themselves once again rested and with a goal in mind.

Cynil and Haila after a quick meal took to the streets in search of information, Rayne having stayed to guard Althena, and came up with the same results of strange looks and unknowing answers. If the town knew of such trees, they were well versed in lying as all seemed surprise to hear of such a place. It was only later that night amongst other travelers such as they themselves that they heard tales and rumors of a strange area of forest 45-50 miles to the South that was said to be avoided by most in thier travels southward.

Ulthok and Divot as said the night before found their way to the boat smiths shack to purchase some new canoes learning from him upon the acquiring of two large canoes that many a traveler had passed through a stretch of river to the south. The area in question was said to be covered in darkness but none had stopped at any campsite, or even for that matter said that one was even seen.
With the canoes purchased, the two-halfling brothers found themselves roaming through the town and stores and found everything supply wise they could want if needed, but nothing of magic or its like.

It was with the last hours before dark that Cynil as promised to Rayne shapechanged into a bird and began a slow search back towards the Blighted Forest. Heavy smoke yet raising into the air, clear to Cynil even from miles away, showed that the forest yet burned, the smoke clumped as thick clouds causing her to fly at a height with little sight to the ground.
Having no way to fly lower, she returned to Main to tell the sad results.
Night fell and once again dinner eaten the five again tried to sleep but the result was the same as the night before a hard sleep had by all.

With morning as bright as the one before the party gathered and with Rayne in the lead headed downstairs as a group to start another day of waiting. It was here midway down the Inn’s steps that Rayne was hit by a familiar sensation of life almost losing her footing as a large owl came flying to her full force to land on her shoulder squawking loudly for all to hear. Then as if from out of nowhere a voice unheard of for days reached out to them.

“Well don’t be standing on them steps too long now or breakfast be getting cold”

And there before all sitting next to a strange looking human was the Knight Cleric Cor looking as if he had never left the parties side at all........

(OOC: Ok Party reunited have fun Whoo, Hoo

Next post next Wednesday as I am on Spring Break from school till Monday the 17th.
Oh and just to let ya all know I scored an 87 on my first test of this school)


Posted on 2008-03-07 at 05:08:03.
Edited on 2008-03-07 at 20:19:00 by TannTalas

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Cynil


Cynil watched as Arwen came flying in looking and sounding like a long lost child. Then came a gruff, but familiar voice. Cor, and with him a strange fellow with yellowish skin and black hair and the most outlandish clothes she had even seen.

Standing, unmoving Cynil's eyes swept the scene, searching, but not finding.

Her heart seemed to swell in her chest, it felt like it had stopped beating, for a moment the young Druidess became still as stone her eyes fixed on the area where Cor had from.

She was seeing and not seeing, hearing and not hearing, wondering and not wanting to wonder. She was trying to take it all in, and afraid of taking it all in. She had no idea how long she stood so--hoping. What seemed like ages later she finally forced a word out from her overly tight chest.

"Conall?"


Posted on 2008-03-07 at 07:59:25.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2185 Posts


Joy and tears

Cor took Cynil by the arm and led her to a chair. "Tis best you sit las. After seating her and allowing the others to find a spot as well he continued. "Connel lives but tis a tenuos hold on life he has. Right now he is in the local church, unconscious. I found him badly wounded and surrounded by those strange woodmen. This fine warrior" Cor motiones to the samurai, "was there with him. Connel fought bravely but fell unconscious from wounds received during the fight. I did what I could for him but he has not regained consciousness. Best I can figure he managed to fall into a trap of poisoned spikes. Must have hacked off his own leg to get out as he was missing a leg when I found him. Alas I am not skilled enough to repair his injury."

Cor called for breakfast to be served to all and then began his tale. "Well as you all know the fire got a bit out of hand and Connel and I were separated. Ater a bit I heard a scream of agony and knew it was Connel. Now fellow such as him don't scream like that without a reason so I took off to find him. What happened next was most unexpected..."




Posted on 2008-03-07 at 14:49:50.
Edited on 2008-03-07 at 20:21:13 by Keeper of Dragons

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.