The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 3927 registered users. Our newest member is phatbaoloc.
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Entertainment - Game of Thrones S8 (posted by dragon-soul92)Game of Thrones S8
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by dragon-soul92)The Trilogy War
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by Odyson)Trilogy War Q/A
Comings and Goings - Dunklezahn's lurking again, hide the silverware. (posted by TannTalas)Dunk's lurking again
Q&A Threads -  Star Trek Hidden Depths Q&A (posted by Bromern Sal)ST: Hidden Depths Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Plus Five Mens
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Knights: Not Only for Breakfast
Price: $19.00

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


38

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

I’m Back…
Posted on 1/15/2005 at 3:04:24 AM (CST)

The Orc was dead,
Nothing more could be said.
(period, fa-nee-toe, Boom)

To Ulthok about his plan,
To be the very last man.
“Ok my friend Ulthok, but be careful. I do not wish to walk these halls after this journey’s end to seek vengeance for your death.”

Tis child’s play,
About the creator behind the door what must lay?
“Good Hawk, you’re a seasoned ranger with years of teachings and tracking behind you. We are in the halls of orcs and GOBLINS. Could the tracks that are ‘claw marks looked to him to be medium sized as if a panther, large dog or something in size related...’ could be that of a worg. If so then we have stumbled upon the stable or kennels.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Careful I'll Be / but Worgs
Posted on 1/15/2005 at 4:03:59 AM (CST)

In response to Hawk.

Be sure Ranger that careful in these halls shall I be.
Moving to the rear with spell, touch, smell, and vision nothing does he find so at least there should be no surprises.

The party stops because the tunnle suddenly ends but careful looking does a hidden door reveal.Both Cesair and Hawk check around the door and the door itself.Seems not to be trapped but there is a strong smell of animal waste coming from within.Hawk being a ranger and knowing that there are both Orcs and Goblins about suggests behind the door may be their stable of Worgs.The tracks that can be seen seem to suggest this.

Once caught back up to the group and hearing what they have said Ulthok goes up to the front although he is a skilled tracker he does not claim to be matched to a ranger but he has fought both Orcs and Goblins along with their mounts before and just maybe he can help confirm what lay behind said door.Getting down on his knees he follows the tracks back and forth on the floor.He also will listen at the door as well as sniff the awfull smell.
"Excuse Hawk I Can't be sure but I would agree with your assesment of the tracks.I don't know if I would of recognized them if you had not named it first, but from what you've said and from previous tracking I do think Worgs."

Of course being the little shy man that he is and being known in the group for being quite and not speaking his mind(he he right) 
Ulthok proceeds to say what he thinks they should do next.
Well I'm not sure but if we are correct and this is their stables usually stables are going to be located near where they can get out and moving fast so probally near the surface and a way out of the complex.Now I know the Goblin has not been much help to us but what it said about the lady being held on the level that is below the level that is below the level we are on.That sounds more like where one might have cells three or more levels underground.I guess what I am saying is I think we need to back track some. Cor can't you tell us if the passage ways are tending to take us down or up? What do you think?

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Where are we?
Posted on 1/15/2005 at 5:09:22 AM (CST)

Cor saw the deadend passageway and was not surprised when a search revealed a secret door. While the rest of the party was busy with the door, Cor took a moment to study the tunnel. He tried to determine both its slope and their approximate depth underground. Dwarves normally have a nack for such things but with teh tunnel being magiced not built by hand he was not sure if it would work.

Once finished, he gave whatever answers he found to the party. Then he spoke some more. "Perhaps now would be a good time for one of those, 'strategic plans' our mages have been going on about. With luck we might catch whatever is back their with its proverbial shorts down. Not that a frontal assualt bothers me but I figure we might as well let the mages have some fun as well."

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

it's possible
Posted on 1/15/2005 at 5:54:01 AM (CST)

As Conall askes Hawk's opinion as to the nature of the tracks. The ranger examines the tracks closer.

"Aye, Conall. These could be the tracks of Worgs,which would make sense given the presence of orcs and goblins. But I fear, they could also be the tracks of a score of other beasts. The tracks are far from readable. There are simply not enough clean tracks to tell more then we already know."

Hawk turns to face Conall and Ulthok, as he approaches.

"I would have to say the only we to tell with any certainty is to open the door. Although, I do find it odd to conceal a stable behind such a door."

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Orc, Goblins, Caves... Oh My!!!
Posted on 1/16/2005 at 8:59:44 PM (CST)

Upon hearing the Lady Dru's request for Alasdair to attempt to discern if there were any other living beings in the vicinity, he slowly turns and closes his eyes, concentrating on his power of Life Detection and Heightened Senses. Noting with curiousity that she seemed to be trusting in his abilities, because thus far, they had baffled him as he was not able to rely on them himself.

As Lady Dru approached and asked "My lord would any of the powers you possess allow you to extract information directly from the goblins subconsience like the route he is leading us on or the location of Sunblayze here inside the mountain, or do you have anyway to locate or contact the Lady at all."

Lady Dru, Alasdair began, such use of psionic powers is to be used with caution. I may be able to decern if he is telling a lie, but more than that I may not be able to do. With this Alasdair turns away wishing that only Lady Dru knew what she was asking of him, still leery of the reaction of the party should they know how easily he could do this feat and how so many others in his past feared and hated such powers. The ability to rape one's mind and violate a sentient creature's mental privacy had been too often used by his own kind...

(OOC: Alasdair will use Truth Ear as indicated, but will also use the powers of Contact, then Probe in an attempt to learn what the goblin knows of Lady Sunblayze. Depending on what Alasdair learns, he will then use Post-Hypnotic Suggestion and tell the goblin that we can be trusted and that his leader wants him to take us directly to Lady Sunblayze. This suggestion may change depending on what Alasdair learns from the goblin.)

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Great, urine, feces and claws....
Posted on 1/16/2005 at 11:18:35 PM (CST)

Cesair's face shows his disgust at the smells that are assulting his nose. He had been about to propose the ideal that it was stables for worgs when just about everybody else mentioned it first. And so he just noded his assent. "You make a good point, why would you hide the stables behind such a door? It could be a secret way out of the stables."

The little gnome almost laughs at Cor's suggestion of a crafty plan from the mages about what lies on the other side of the door. If it was simple beasts, what a waste it would be to use spells on them. "There could be other beasts on the other side of the door, but the odor would lead you to believe that only meer beasts are inside, smarter creatures would dispose of their filth. My guess would be that this room would not be worth the effort, although I am intrigued by the door, perhaps the worgs are guarding something important."

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A whisper to Cesair
Posted on 1/17/2005 at 6:45:57 AM (CST)

"True there may only be beasts beyond the door but our mages need to feel important also. Tis better for them to say 'no we don't spells' than to keep them out of the loop."

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Which Way do we go, Oh My
Posted on 1/17/2005 at 5:48:26 PM (CST)

Once everyone has checked the secret door and where pretty sure it contained some kind of animals behind it, Ulthok is more interested in what is going on with the other two Dru had called forward with him. She had asked Alasdair for some help, and even though he is not sure what she asked of him he knows Dru well enough to understand it would be important.

As he waits for whatever Dru was going to find out from Alasdair Ulthok listens to what Cor has to say after he asked him about if he could tell if they where going farther down or not.After he gave his account of which way the passages where going he also says.”Perhaps now would be a good time for one of those, 'strategic plans' our mages have been going on about. With luck we might catch whatever is back their with its proverbial shorts down. Not that a frontal assualt bothers me but I figure we might as well let the mages have some fun as well."

Ulthok gets (for those that know him well now) the somewhat sneering crooked smile of his that almost always leads to mischief
Actually Cor whatever type of plan we may use here, because of there being a door to breach I would suggest the fighters to go through first so you would get your frontal assualt, but as far as letting us have some fun I guess that depends on your idea of fun, from listening to the banter between yourself and Conall I take it that your fun comes from the body count of your enemies.In that case us Mages have had way more fun already heck Af’til and I dropped 16 in our first fight and I’m not sure how many more in the orc chamber. I think our count is way over 20 though how about yours?

With that he gives Cor a wink and goes back to trying to find out what Lady Dru is learning. Since he had already suggested that this door may just lead to another way in or out of the caves and that they should probably go back to find a way deeper into the caves (that was why he had asked Cor if he could tell if the tunnels were going up or down which we don’t know yet) so knowing that and what Dru learns from Alasdair and the goblin he hopes will tell them what to do next. Through the door or back.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Reply to Ulthok
Posted on 1/18/2005 at 6:04:20 AM (CST)

"My friend, mages may indeed have slain more Orcs back there. However you cn only do that so often. I can swing my hammer all day. Remeber that you get those spells off because there are fighters in front of you, protcting you from attack. Join us in the front and we will include you in the game. Unless you stand toe to toe with the enemy and stare death in the face you cannot join the dance. Save your bragging for when you defeat an enemy wizard in a spell duel. Now, don't think I am ungreatful or ignorant of the benefits of mages. Many times my life was saved by a well timed spell. Just understand that your 'count' cannot be compared to that of fighters." Then Cor turned to Ulthok alone and whispered. "Good job wizard. Twas indeed a good display back there. Watch my back and I'll watch your."


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 23:14:44.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


The Search for a Lady

Trilogy Master
The Search for a Lady
Posted on 1/18/2005 at 7:02:37 AM (CST)

A secret door discovered, the smell of feces strong. The party wondered what lay behind. And beyond it.

It was Conall who first brought up the notion of a stable full of Worgs .It was plain to all from the smell beyond the secret door many creatures lurked. The question now were they Worgs or something more or even less dangerous then that...

Ulthok using his own skills, nose and hearing but yet a little unsure confirms Conall’s guess of Worgs.
Turning to the rest of the party he asks the question of a possible withdrawal to the eastern passage. And his belief the Lady Althena lies yet levels below them...

Cor the whole time somewhat angry that these halls were of magic and not honest labor, was intent on knowing more. Were they going up or down he really had no way to know as he did not feel the slightest change in any of it. To him it felt as if walking on a flat road without anything in sight. Very very strange indeed...

Hawk the whole time still looking for clues was asked by Conall of the nature of the tracks. Instead, he brought up a new line of thought.
If indeed only a stable then why did it hide behind a secret door.?. How would the Orc’s and Goblin’s stupid creatures in of themselves be able to find it.? And why the need if a stable truly it was for a secret way out.? The only way to find the truth would be to open the door and reveal what lay inside...

Cesair though also intrigued by the notion of what lay beyond the secret door, was also a realist. Turning to the party he voiced his thoughts on moving on back the way they had come. It seemed to him to enter this so called stables was mayhap a possible waste of time...

The Lady Dru Then called upon the Cavalier Alasdair for his use of his Psionicist abilities to determine an answer to the questions before them. The Cavalier a little nervous of revealing too much of his powers set to work. First Life Detection and Heightened Sense’s directed behind the secret door.
The results were fast in coming . Beyond the door was life, much of it, at least 25 in number. Animal in nature and intelligence but the type or size yet unknown. He relayed this to all the party then turned to their Goblin ‘friend’...

Using next the powers of Truth Ear, Contact and finally Probe he questioned their ‘friend’ at length.
The answers he at first received not much help at all...

First even though the Goblin knew The Lady was here he knew not where, but guessed it to be on the level below the level below this level.
Second he also told the Psi Cavalier that the Lady Althena was important to the master but did not know why. The master having sent them across the sea to this place formed for them by a Dragon riding dark one. They to use it as a base to grow strong in number and to gain the women's Captivity...

But as Alasdair dug deeper into the Goblin’s mind he could feel the presence of another there very unlike that of the Goblin’s. Feminine in nature as if the Goblin was home to two minds...

Then it hit him it was a piece of the Lady Althena’s mind. A part of her that had laid hidden in the Goblin’s mind directing him, in some way much like that of his Psi ability yet very different. Trying with a sense of desperation he attempted to not just touch her mind but to contact her...

"who's the’re’? a voice thundered in his mind. Loud it was, so very loud, his mind reeling all his thoughts laid bare, his mind trapped, his brain burning. Then again the voice much quieter and soothing...

"I await you Sir Alasdair, I am held on the third level come to me soon, I now release you."
His mind once again his own, he found that on the tunnel floor he lay blood and spit leaking from his mouth, nose and eyes.
A dead Goblin beside him...

The party watched as Alasdair went into his trance after having told them of what he had detected beyond the secret door.
They watched as he moved to the Goblin and continued to watch as he mentally began to question the creature at length. It seemed to them strange this power to reach into another’s mind and pull from it everything know within it...

Then suddenly it was as if Alasdair was attacked a series of seizures raking the Cavaliers body.
His eyes now rolled back into his skull he fell to the floor convulsing, blood and spit leaking from nose mouth and eyes...

It was then that the Goblin too began to shake as if now both he and Alasdair were one and the same person. Yet blood flowed more from the Goblin then that of Alasdair himself...

Then as suddenly as it had started the convulsions stopped both Alasdair and the Goblin on the tunnel floor, one alive the other dead.
As Cor and Af’til Clerics both rushed to give aid they were waved off by the Cavalier slowly regaining his feet. Though somewhat bloody no real wounds did he suffer. The Goblin as both Clerics saw was clearly dead, useless to party now...

Alasdair still very groggy and a little disorientated did his best to relay to the party what he had found inside the Goblins mind. As was expected news of the Lady Sunblayze yet alive still was like music to the ears of all...

It was time to move, forward or back, the call the Lady Dru’s. A new found hope alive in the hearts of the party, their goal still achievable before them. But so little time yet left.
Would they reach her in time....

OOC:Ok next post as always Thursday.
Welcome Back Alasdair just to let you know if you have not already guessed we have a new player.His name is Orc Slayer and he has kindly taken over the role of Hawk.Ok all, see ya Thursday. Ok added note I see I have used the wrong Avaitar oops sorry.


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 23:18:53.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


39

Althena Sunblayze
Pain, Lost, Captured, Scared… FOUND!!.
Posted on 1/18/2005 at 7:19:03 AM (CST)

She hurt the pain a consent reminder that soon her life would be over and HE would have that what he wanted but only she knew where it was...

Her last hope the Goblin was no longer under her direct control the pain in her body too intense. Yet Althena knew the buried Suggestion would lead it and hopefully any others to at least these magical caves.
From there it would be up to them to find her. But time for her was quickly running out.
On the floor she laid curled up in a tiny ball willing her pain away...
The suddenly it was there Another Mind oh Odin be blessed could it truly be.?
Using the last of her power she called out to it her voice unmindfully loud
Who's The‘re" The man’s mind opened before her and though the man was in pain she clung to it as if a life preserver.Gaining control she lowered her voice.

"I await you Sir Alasdair. I am held on the third level come to me soon. I now release you."
Knowing the only way to save the man’s mind, his name Alasdair was to release also the Goblin's mind in the process surely killing it no hesitation did she show.


Her pain for the moment forgotten a sense of hope filling her inside. For though it could still be too late, the forces before Alasdair and his friends very strong, help and rescue had arrived.

Alasdair, the name rolling on her tongue like the sweetest of sounds..Alasdair…...

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

I will find them, I will kill them! Kill them all.
Posted on 1/19/2005 at 1:10:21 AM (CST)

Seeing that Alasdair was none the worst for ware Conall looked down and the dead goblin, “Well it seems my baby sitting job is over.” Conall then rolled the body of the dead goblin to one side of the cave. “Go little one, seek the pain and torment in death that you so longed for in life.”

The mention of the dark dragon rider was no real surprise to Conall. The ramblings of an old man were told over and over again to keep young children close to home by day and in their beds at night. In all his years of adventuring he long to cross swords with one of the black dragon riders. Though to some he now ventured with, his years were few and to others he was almost an old man. He knew it was Odin’s will for Conall to oneday cross the path of a dark one and then he would see what was written for him by Odin so many long years ago when the earth was young.

Conall moved back to the group and was taking in all that was being said when his mind seemed to wonder to his backpack and the small bundle he carried, ‘The book… Why do you think of the book now Conall my boy? Why in deed, when danger presses me so and now with the black dragon riders’ involvement I now know why Cor sees these halls as magic and not hand dug. Yes, Yes boy that is all fine and dandy but why do you think of the book now? I know not why, if I di... Conall then catches himself daydreaming and tries to look more interested in the conversation at hand.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

What just happened
Posted on 1/19/2005 at 6:19:26 AM (CST)

Cor was agnry at the magical tunnel they traveled in. Inspite of his dwarven abilities he could make no sense of their travels. "Lady Dru, these passages aree strange indeed. I can glean no knowledge from them as to our direction or depth. They are just not natural." Then he watched as the Cavalier began to 'question' the goblin. His technique for this was most ineresting as he spoke no words. He did however gain information. Then both he and his subject were caught in throws of agony. The goblin was not fortunate enough to survive.

Cor turned to the cavalier once he had recovered a bit. "Exactly what just happened here. Unless I miss my guess you have been hiding something powerful from the party. Perhaps now would be a good time to fess up to your 'interogation techniques'". Cor waited for a reply.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

something powerful
Posted on 1/20/2005 at 2:45:04 PM (CST)

"Alasdair, indeed you seem to have been hiding something powerful from us all, and I am sure you have you reasons. Which we would all like to hear."

Hawk turns to Lady Dru and the others

" But, I believe this is something we can discuss as we move on. The Lady is still alive and there may still be many foes between her and us."

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

We Have a Job to do.
Posted on 1/20/2005 at 3:18:18 PM (CST)

As Cor and Ulthok continue their good natured jousting back and forth Lord Alasdair is doing some much more serious work.

First he responds to Cor’s retort back at him in the form of a little poem.
“Toe to Toe I can not go, Behind the back I’ll make my attack.” And as Cor walks by and quietly says good job wizard he responds with the same to him as well as saying ”I would fight to the death for you or any of our comrades, but now I think something important is going on up there we better see what we can do.”

As Alasdair uses his abilities the first thing he tells the group is that about 25 of some type of intelligent animals lie behind the secret door.Then things got weird the Lord seemed to go into a trance then suddenly both he and the goblin start to convulse and Alasdair winds up on the floor with blood and siliva drooling from his mouth. As the clerics run forward to help he waves them off. He is ok but the goblin is dead. He then tells them a story he got from the goblin
“ The master having sent them across the sea to this place formed for them by a Dragon riding dark one. They to use it as a base to grow strong in number and to gain the women's Captivity...”

He also tells us that Lady Sunblayze is still alive and being held on the third level.

After what happened to Alasdair both Cor and Hawk approach the man and come on a little strong about what had just happened. Ulthok knows that Dru had asked Alasdair to do what ever it was he did so he was confidant she knew what he could do and as far as he was concerned that was good enough for him so he tries to put the others at ease without Alasdair having to get into a long explanation of his abilities.
“You know gang right now may not be the best time to worry about how the lord Alasdair got us the information we desperately needed. It is obvious that our leader Lady Dru knows what is going on and when to ask and what to ask our fellow companion to do to help us out. If she felt we all needed that information I’m sure she would see that we had it, since we don’t There is a good reason why, and I think we have more important things to do right now. Besides don’t we all have at least one little secret. I for one am not bothered by this.”
Turning back to Drusilia he asks the burning question “WHAT NEXT?” do we go through the secret door and battle the 25+ animals there or do we back track and look for another way down into this strange cave system.”

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Headaches....
Posted on 1/20/2005 at 6:37:20 PM (CST)

Still reeling from the contact with Lady Sunblayze's mind, Alasdair sits quietly and processes what had just happened. Hearing the others challenging him on the use of his powers, he knows that he was correct in keeping them secret. Fear is the bane that most psionists and mages have to contend with... powers which many others do not understand.

"My friends, its seems that the Lady Sunblayze had already subjected the goblin to some sort of magic, for it was her mind that I just touched. The goblin did tell the truth and the Lady herself told me that she is on the third level."

Looking at Cor and Hawk, "I have told the truth and have nothing to explain. The Lady Sunblayze was already in contact with the goblin's mind. How, I do not know, but it was her control and powers that held us both." Then to Ulthok, "Many thanks my friend..." reaching out a hand, "might ye also be so kind as to give me a steady hand whilst I regain my knightly dignity?" says Alasdair with a grin, clearly still in good spirits.

Looking over to Lady Drusilia, "the Lady Sunblayze seemed OK, but worried. We should not stay here long for she can be found 'somewhere' on the third level."

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Well what do you know.....
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 12:53:10 AM (CST)

Cesair watched as the paladin reached into the goblin's simple little mind, and with quite a bit of intrest watched as both goblin and paladin slumped to the floor in a spray of blood. When the cavalier regained his feet the gnome said with a wink.

"Well now lad, that was insteresting, remind me to na have you traipsin around in me head, would na do to have me head explode like that."

OOC: At the moment I do not have acess to my players handbook since I am at the library, if Cesair can use his dimension door spell to get the party to Sunblayze he will suggest it.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Lets Do It !
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 4:48:20 AM (CST)


Alright group we now know where Lady Sunblayze is sort of, we know she is three levels below us and she is still alive.If noone has any other ideas on a faster way to get there I guess we must try to find out which way is down and if noone can help us there we must just make our best deceisions and move on.Hawk had told us that there had been more traffic going east when we came down this way, yet for some reason they tried to make this tunnel look like a dead end.So that makes me think they are trying to hide something this way I only hope it is want we want.

OOC:So If noone can give us any ideas on a better way to get to Sunblayze then we must move on Drusilia will give the next orders.
So lets hit them hard and send them to meet their maker.Cor and Alasdair you two lead us in but make sure you get in enough to keep the door unblocked so we may all follow as fast as we can.Conall and Af'til next Hawk and Halia then myself and Talia and hopefully be then there may be enough chaos that the two thiefs may get in unnoticed and do what they do best.

Once finished giving her orders Dru readies herself once again by raising her hood to make herself harder to see and with scimitar in hand she is ready.
Lets do it !

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Truth?
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 5:20:40 AM (CST)

Cor listened as the Cavalier claimed that he was telling the whole truth and that it was Lady SunBlaze contrilloing both of them. He had his doubts as the the validity of the statement. He chose to push just a bit more. "So you did nothing and it was the Lady that did everything huh lad? Seems strange as you often go into 'trances' and then give counsel right after. I have served with folks who possesed many a strange talent. I judge noone by what they are capable of, only what they do with their abilities. Do you trust us so little as to tell half-truths? It is your choice to make, think well on it." Cor was distracted from further conversation by Lady Dru's announcement that if the paty were to go thru the door, Cor would be in the lead. "Fear not Lady, there will be a breach for the rest of you to move thru. Either behind me or over my fallen corpse." The wink and wry smile showed that Cor did not expect t he second to be a viable option.

jinxsa
Resident
Posts: 151
Reply | Edit

**Sigh**
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 5:46:12 AM (CST)

Haila was apparently more hungover than she first realized. She gathered Niamedris and Dire close to her and prepared to cast a grease spell if there were in fact foes behind the door. She tried to think of a way to get down 2 levels quickly but her mind was still foggy.

OCC Just as december reliquished it's hold on me my dad falls breaks his hip and his shoulder. My dad is a senior so this is a big honking deal with surgeries. Am taking care of all the stuff at home, at the hospital and am working full time still. Miss You all very much but unfortunatly I have to take care of the R/L priorities first. Hopefully it'll calm down soon and I'll be back to full time here~Jinxsa


Posted on 2006-09-20 at 23:27:24.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


A Room To Enter

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

A Room To Enter
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 6:56:06 AM (CST)

All the party watched as Alasdair recovered from his sizures and his telling them of the Lady Sunblayze's location...

Then it was Cor's turn asking the Cavalier what was it that had caused said sizures to start.
Alasdair's reply was simple and accepted by all but for the Dwarf...

But all talk of what had been revealed, hidden or not yet told was over quickly as the Lady Dru gave her commands...

The party would enter into the room to face those creatures that lay behind it.
Cesair moved to the door and quickly found it not to be locked.Turning to Cor and Alasdair he gave them the go ahead...

Cor and Alasdair lined up before the door the rest of the party behind them.
In a quick brutal push the door was open and the Dwarf and Human were in the room...
Before them in the room they found waiting 21 Hellhounds, mouths open to breathe...

A spray of fire hit the two warriors before they could dodge.More flames passing behind them to hit Conall and Af'til both as they too quickly rushed in.All 4 found themself's somewhat on fire and very much in pain...

Out in the hallway, in the wall to the north, a delayed Trap had been activated with the opening of the secret door. Missed by Cesair it waited its 3 second delay and then went off ...

10 Arrows whistled from the ceiling and hit bodies standing still.Haila took 1, The lady Dru another 1. The Arrows did not miss as Uthlok took yet 2 Hawk another 2 and both Cesair and Taila also took the last 4 between them, 2 each to them both...

Battle was started, the party hurt first.
Hellhounds before them, a trap missed and now gone off.
The party facing foes yet again, a fight against creatures tougher then Orcs....

(OOC:Okay the Hellhounds have gone off first.Its your turn post your actions it is now RD 1.
Will post on Monday as norm. Have a good weekend.
My football predictions are Philly over Atlanta And New England over Pittsburgh.
Also to Jinxsa I hope your Dad is better soon I send all my well wishes to you and your family.We miss you.(

Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:24:22.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


40

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

?????
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 2:42:55 PM (CST)

OOC: So we throw open the doors at a time of our choosing and the Hell Hounds are just standing there waiting to breath at that split second? Also, if the trap waits 3 minutes how can it fire in the first half round of combat that takes 30 seconds? (each round is one minute)

Ok back IC:

Cor rushed forward as teh doors swung open and received a blast of pure hell fire. "Damnation, that is hot!" he roared and saw the hair of his beards singed and smoking. That threw him into a fury. "Nothing messes with my beard!!" Cor swung his hammer twice at the nearest foe, hoping to at least drive it back. He moved forward as best he could to clear a path for the others to follow. There was no fear in his eyes, but there was a tinge of concern. He hoped the mages had a good plan as hand to hand with this many Hell Hounds would be unpleasant for most of the group.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Hot vs Cold
Posted on 1/21/2005 at 3:22:13 PM (CST)

OOC: I'm afraid I must agree with Cor about the trap you did say 3mins.which is still 2&1/2 mins. away.As far as the hounds being ready I can see that we have been outside the door for awhile and they have good smelling sense, but I do think you need to rethink the arrow damage.
Second OOC: As the mins turned to seconds as Ulthok dilly dallied around he finnly took two arrows must not waste so much time again.

BIC:As soon as Cor and Alasdair throw the door open and fly into the room they are meet by a blaze of heat as 21 hellhounds meet their charge with their fire breath.Both Cor and Alasdair are hit as well as the two lined up behind them Conall and Af'til.Being fifth in line to enter the room as soon as he feels the remnents of the heat let off by the dogs Ulthok quickly rethinks his stratagy.

As he prepares to move from his position in line to take up a better spot from which to work his spells a missed trap fires and the halfling takes two arrows.The damage done serves only to anger the mage and although in pain he he moves on.

Moving from the back of the line to a point just outside the opening of the door which had been pushed open.Once there he survays the room and looks for the area with the largest concentration of the hellhounds.Lining up as many as it looks like he can in a cone that will be 11ft wide and 55ft long Ulthok reaches into his spell pouch and pulls out a small glass cone.Once he is ready and making sure all of the others are out of his way he starts to cast his spell, and in no time a blast of extreme cold emanates from the halflings hands.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

arrows to the left of me
Posted on 1/23/2005 at 2:25:21 PM (CST)

Hawk feels the wave of heat enter the room as the door is opened, then the sting of 2 arrows finiding their mark.He moves to seek a positon where he would be able to return some of the pain with his own arrows. But seeing Cor and Ulthok moving forward, he realizes he will get no clear shot this day.

" Damn, this is going to get hot!"

Hawk draws his longsword and shortsword and moves forward to attack.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

DAMNATION!!!!!!!
Posted on 1/23/2005 at 10:40:34 PM (CST)

"Aaarggghhh! Damnation!" Grimaces the gnome as he is hit by two arrows, arrows that were fired from a trap that he himself missed. Mad at himself, and just mad in particular Cesair turns towards the only thing he can vent his anger on at the moment, the helhounds. He watches as Ulthok moves forward and casts his spell.

"Aha, good choice lad." Cesair himself takes aim at the nearest helhound with his crossbow and fires. Cesair is already preparing a spell in his mind if there are any left after Ulthok's spell takes effect.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Hellhounds, here... dire trouble indeed
Posted on 1/24/2005 at 1:13:45 AM (CST)

Alasdair stumbling briefly under the intense heat of the flames engulfing both himself and his comrades. Not wanting to let the beasts get in another such attack, he rushing forward, sword swinging at the nearest beasts. "Come my friends, there is plenty of room to dance."

As he continues to move in and about the beasts, preferring to face their teeth, not the risk of another fiery attack. Sword and shield moving quickly to attack and block, a masterful swordsman, Alasdair is in his own element. He times his attacks perfectly seeking to gain advantage and spoil any nearby attempts to use their fiery breath again.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

I cast the spell
Posted on 1/24/2005 at 9:28:04 PM (CST)

OOC:
The edit function is a most powerful spell indeed.
I cast edit… the hellhounds are now 21 small fluffy white kittens. Who's the man?

IC:
“Into the depths of hell!” was the cry of Conall as the fire subdued from around him! “Faith in Odin will win the day as long as one's courage holds! Onward into battle, for they can not breathe fire again if we take their breath from them.”

Conall steps forward, ‘Strength do not fail me! No boy, it will not as long as your faith holds.’ Conall swings at the first hound of hell unfortunate enough to meet the sword of Conall Glendower.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Once there was an Elf
Posted on 1/25/2005 at 2:51:53 AM (CST)

Being third in line Dru felt the heat of the hellhounds breath as they breathed on the first four through the door.Suddenlly she feels a sharp pain and realizes she has been hit by an arrow from somewhere quickly looking around she sees everyone behind her all being hit by arrows. Damnation she cries a trap.

Alought all where hit by arrows she is pleased by the way the party shakes off such things and continue to move forward.Hawk pushes in to the room swords drawn as Ulthok with two arrows makes his move to one side of the door she can tell he will be casting a spell.As Cesair looks for an opening with his crossbow she makes her move.

With her hood up she tries to stay as unnoticed as she can all the while knowing the hounds have a great sense of smell.Following in behind Hawk she moves off to one side making sure she is opposite where Ulthoks spell may go off.Then using her druid abilities where once stood a angry elf now stands a hugh very angry brown grizzly bear.How in it's first attacks will using it's great claws and massive paws attempt to break the backs of the closest hounds.


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:27:32.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Round 1 (the party's attacks)

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Round 1 (the Party's Attacks)
Posted on 1/25/2005 at 6:27:51 AM (CST)

A Secret room entered, a wall of Hellhounds found 4 party members greeted by fire. 6 more by Arrows attacked. Wounded they all were but yet in the fight still..

The Hellhounds and trap having had their say it was now the turn of the party to retaliate. And retaliate they surely did...

First to counterattack was Ulthok the words of the spell Cone of Cold upon his lips.
11ft wide and 55ft long it flew from his hand straight and true. 8 Hellhounds found themselves alive no longer, the creatures bodies nothing but frozen meat...

Cor enraged over the missing pieces of his beard burned away by the Hellhounds breath, attacked.
His first swing was true as hammer met Hellhound, the Hound flung back falling to its stomach only to raise yet again a moment later.
The haughty dwarf’s 2nd attack though very close just barely missed the Hellhound before him. His Attacks done the Dwarf readied himself for defense...

Next to join the fight was the Ranger Hawk with both his Longsword and Shortsword held firmly in hand.
Wading into the melee beside Cor, he attacked the nearest Hellhound full on with a quick pair of slashes, The Hellhound bleeding and deeply hurt but not dead continued still to attack the Ranger...

Ceasair knowing quite well his best choice this round was his crossbow the words of a spell readied for the next, unleashed a pair of bolts with blunt accuracy. Both missiles finding new homes deeply inside the body of one Hellhound. The Impacts of the bolts spinning the creature to the floor and onto its side. Yet it too regained its feet hungry for battle still...

Alasdair seeing the animals he had detected were not Worgs but Hellhounds threw himself into the fray.
His longsword powered by strength and his will cleanly hit the Hellhound before him. Blood flew from the gash in its side and a scream of pain escaped it but in the next heartbeat it was again attacking the Cavalier anew.
(*In the Back of his mind he could tell something was not right but with his attention on killing the Hound to his front and any others he had no time to think. What had he missed??*)...

The Paladin Conall quickly recovering from his brush with bad breath moved forward into the room as to allow the other party members a clear entrance. His eye and aim on target once again his sword embedding deeply into the leg of a Hellhound. Though limping it still hungered to taste the Paladins blood and rip him to shreds. It moved forward yet still...

The Lady Dru a plan set in her mind as she moved silently into the room. Hoping to avoid detection until set she used her cloak to hide herself. But it was not to be
A trio of Hellhounds having first smelled her then seen her, moved to attack.Dru knowing only minutes remained before feeling their attack quickly changed into the form of a large brown grizzly bear, her wounds from the arrow thus also healed. The beasts startled by the change paused giving the Lady time to become set in defense this round. In the next rounds she would show these Hounds a real animals might...

Haila stunned by the arrow hits was unable to act this round the pain clouding her spell casting ability.
In the hallway at the party’s back she kept a watch out for any other enemies...

Af’til a quick glance spared to Haila to make sure she needed no help entered the room to the Paladin’s side. His mace in hand he attacked a Hellhound ready to hit the Paladin from his blind side, his aim slightly off yet scoring true, hit the Hound full in the face reeling it back. The Hellhound blood flowing from an eyeless socket, now half blind and enraged turned to attack the Ranger/Cleric the next round...

The Ranger Taila was the slowest of all an arrow having entered her ankle.Though in pain she moved forward to the party’s rear Longbow in hand.
In rapid succession two arrows flew the first on target the second not as true. A Hellhound yet untouched her target...

The Party Intact and on the move all hurt one, yet still combat ready set themselves for the next round. Knowing the Hellhounds could not breathe till the round after the next the party hoped to kill more to lessen the damage from fire...

Only time, magic and skill of arms would help them now...

(OOC:Ok good posts everyone that was round 1, round 2 on Thursday. Keep up the good RP I am enjoying the hell out of the game you guys are great...

Ok Creature count of the 21 you found.
8 dead (Cone of Cold)
7 Wounded (by various characters)
6 Untouched (by anyone)

To Mottle in Iraq My friend I am sorry to have to tell you that the Pittsburgh Steelers with a quarterback who truly showed just how much he needs to learn from this his ROOKIE season. Will not be going to the Super Bowl having been beaten by the New England Patriots 41-27. My sincere apologies go out to you


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:29:39.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


41

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Attack again
Posted on 1/26/2005 at 5:39:40 AM (CST)

Cor swung his hammer and felt the satisfying crunch of bone as his first swing found purchase in teh Hell Hound before him. His second swing went just wide of its mark. "Damnation, that was a swing I'd expect of a beginning paladin." he laughed as he spoke. He adjusted his grip ever so slightly and made ready to attack again. With luck he would have the advantage and dispatch the vile beast before it had a chance to attack again. Cor took just a moment to glance at his companions and tried to judge the severity of their injuries. He was not concerned about his own safety but others were less able to absorb damage.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

Hawk, Hell hounds, and a bear... Oh My!
Posted on 1/27/2005 at 5:15:11 AM (CST)

Hawk moves to bring himself back to back with Cor. His blades continuing their deadly dance, Hawk slashes out at the Hell Hound that already bore the marks of his swords. Knowing that the more of these beasts he and his companions slay, the fewer there would be to release another fiery attack, Hawk makes his strikes count.

Hawk scans the field, looking for those who took the full force of the Hell hounds fiery breath to be sure they still stand.
Seeing how many Hounds had already fallen, he allows a slight smile to come to his face.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

The Rush
Posted on 1/27/2005 at 8:41:04 PM (CST)

Conall could see the hound before him was close to death. Felling the rush of pending victory and now being in the full glory of battle he called out to Cor’s statement, “Very nice, now show us all how a seasoned Paladin dispatches the enemy before us”.

Conall moves forward to attack the injured hound with two swings of his mighty sword.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Trying to Reduce Their Number.
Posted on 1/28/2005 at 1:56:33 AM (CST)

After casting his spell Ulthok watches as eight of his foes instantly freeze to death. Then scanning the rest of the room he watches as the rest of the party members all score hits. Six of the hounds are now injured. One last surprise is the sudden appearance of a large brown bear.Good choice Dru he thinks to himself.

Scanning the party members to see if he can tell who looks worse for wear and from what he sees he picks two hounds for his next attack using this time his simple but sometimes effetive spell of magic missles he directs 3 missles to hit the hound Conall had hit in the leg and then sends two more to hit the hound Af'til had smacked in the face, hoping to stop these two.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Oh what a Feeling !
Posted on 1/28/2005 at 2:11:22 AM (CST)

Having now changed fully into the form of a large grizzly bear and having spent the last few seconds defending herself the Dru bear now gets down to business.Targeting the closest hellhounds to her the bear attacks with its' full fury.

Dru always relishes the feeling of raw power and stregnth she feels corsing through her whenever she changes into animals such as this and plans to put that power to good use.

Using paws, claws, and teeth she tries to send as many of the hellish creatures back to the hell they came from.


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:31:29.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


The Real Battle Begins RD 2

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

The Real Battle Begins Rd 2
Posted on 1/28/2005 at 10:01:38 PM (CST)

The first round of battle for the party was pain, blood, magic and blades. 8 Hellhounds dead and the party wounded all but for their leader Drusilia...

The Cleric Cor stood his ground as the many Hellhounds charged. His hammer in hand he again attacked the one he had already hurt. His swings both true, bones broken and blood spurting the Hellhound fell dead at his feet. In the count of kills this battle the dwarf was now up by one.
But then Hellhounds there were 2 both lusting to taste and drink of the dwarf’s blood one his leg did bite the other his arm.
In pain and bleeding his hammer to the floor did fall. No damage did he take his ring giving him the health that the Hounds had now taken away...

Hawk both blades in hand also stood firm. The Hellhound before him hurt yet moving to attack. The Ranger would have none of it his blades fast three hits did he strike another Hellhound dead. But as it was for the dwarf so was it for Hawk as two Hellhounds did attack him. The first lunging at his face, a quick turn of his head a claw just missing an eye two crossbow bolts in its side. The second too did he make miss a low but fast hop and the Hound slid beneath him. The Ranger fast and dexterous had made both miss him...

Conall believing the Hellhound before him to be hurt worse then it truly was had no doubt he could easily kill it. The Hellhound quickly proved him wrong The Paladin’s first hit was true and his blade sliced into the creatures body leaving a trail of blood behind. His second though aimed well was a clean yet unwanted miss the Hellhound still alive before him.
Its counter strike was a failure its wounded leg giving no support for its lunge...

Ulthok saw that he was needed by two more so then by the rest. So speaking the words of a spell he knew best 5 missiles from his hand did shoot. The first 3 aimed to the Hound before Conall as always hit true driving the creature to its hindquarters then to its side dead.
The last 2 missiles were aimed at the one before Af’til though hitting hard the beast was not dead. Yet clearly it was hurt as it began to move away. Then without warning a sharp pain did the Halfling feel as a Hellhound attacked, its teeth into his side did go...

Af’til seeing his chance took it his mace a blur of wood and metal. Blood bones and brains did appear as the Hellhound was flung to lie at Ulthoks feet very much dead. A quick look to the Half ling and a nod of thanks the Ranger/Cleric moved to help Cor. His head turned away in the direction of the dwarf he did not see Ulthok’s plight...

The Lady Dru was alive and in her element. How she loved the power and strength of the bear, moving quickly she attacked the last two unengaged Hellhounds. Her attacks many she divided them accordingly.
Two claws against one leaving scars of blood upon its side close to an arrow already there. Her bite against the second she did direct with the Hellhound in her mouth she held the creature high.
But neither Hound was dead and with her armor bare they attacked back. 4 claw marks appeared on the bears face as a set of teeth into its leg did bite quickly shifting her weight she stayed on her feet bleeding yet alive...

Alasdair was in full swing mind and body as one moving swinging yet naged by what was wrong.
A bite to his leg, teeth clamped on tight very little damage as leg was armored as befitting a mounted knight. A second Hellhound flew past the Cavalier as he barely ducked out of the way. Landing behind him it spotted the Gnome Cesair, crossbow in hand and redirected its attack towards him...

Cesair his previous bolts having hit their target a spell upon his lips .At the last minute the Hellhound charging did he see his concentration lost his action this round missed...

Haila beyond the secret door in the hallway she yet sat, her mind full of pain a spell not to be found.
Then a noise from the hallway her head up fast, more enemies approached. The first was an unarmored Orc a push wagon in front of him full of food .Behind him two Giants of a type never seen by her before. Both with two heads and armor they wore wooden clubs in all hands did they hold. At once if as a veil lifted her mind cleared a spell ready she cast Grease to hamper the creatures approach as she called for help.
"Giants and Orcs in the hall."
She cried out hoping to warn the party one and all...

Of these new enemies the Orc was the first to hear and see Haila sitting by the door crying out an order his push wagon forgotten.
"Intruders, kill em' all I go for help."
Turning quickly he slipped on the Grease on the floor beneath them all the Giants moving forward, an Orc in their way a minor jam created time enough to pray...

The last of the party to act was the Ranger Taila. Awaiting a good angle and target for her next arrows she heard her sisters cry of alarm. Without a moments thought she spun on her heel and headed for the hall. Her eyes barely had time to register the 4 Hellhounds on a ledge above the secret door and behind the party.
She yelled a quick warning as she passed into the hallway.
"Hellhounds behind on ledge."
Then in the hall was she her eyes seeing the new enemy her first target knew she. Her arrows released finding a home in an Orc’s back, now shredded and bleeding two steps did it take a third never placed as dead it fell to the hallways floor...

Back in the room Alasdair had heard Taila’s call and his worries were confirmed, they all had missed it.
He had detected 25 creatures not 21 as they were fighting now how had they one and all forgotten this. But to worry was too late as the party those in the room felt the pain and the burning of flames as the breathe of the 4 Hellhounds washed over them. The total count of Hounds now at 13 yet still alive...

And in the hallway 2 double headed Giants moving towards the room armed and armored with only two of the party to stop them...

A grim looking fight for the party it was to be...


(OOC: Ok everyone next post Monday. Sorry about the delay lost power last nite.
Also everyone we have a new player taking over Af’til his name is Tinder and he is a good gamer from my old table top group so please give a huge welcome to him.

Creature count this Round
4 Hellhounds dead
4 Hellhounds wounded
1 Orc dead
9 Hellhounds untouched
2 Ettins untouched..
Totals 12 Hellhounds dead, 1 Orc

Everyone have a good weekend)


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:33:31.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


42

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

here doggie, doggie
Posted on 1/29/2005 at 4:37:21 AM (CST)

With two hounds bitting at his ankles, the ranger quickly sidesteps, preventing the creatures a clean hit. Hawk turns to bring his blades to bear once more. Hoping to fell another of the hell hounds.

Hearing Haila's warning, Hawk urges "Anyone who can, get ready for those Giants!"

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

So far, so bad
Posted on 1/29/2005 at 7:09:50 AM (CST)

Cor's hammer swung twice in deadly arcs. At his feet a Hell Hound lay dead. "That's War Cleric's one, paladin's nothing!" he yelled towards Conall. "Focus lad, now would be a good time to keep the count even." Then it was the beast's turn to return the favor. Two did just that. One bit deep into his leg and another latched onto his arm. Somehow his hammer slipped from his grasp. Cor was worried as he looked around. The party was taking major damage and now there was a call of more enemies on the way. The magic of his ring allowed Cor to stand toe to toe with the vile creatures but their breath weapons tipped the odds in their favor. If they breathed again, some of the party might not remain upright. Cor wanted to turn from this fight and engage the giants in the hall. He knew that he was best equiped to deal with them due to his dwarven training. He also knew he could not disengage without allowing the beasts in fromt of him a free attack. He resigned himself to the task at hand and vowed to dispatch the creatures as quickly as possible.



Cor offered a silent prayer to Odin for added swiftness that they might stike first in th enext exchange of blows. If they could reduce the number of beasts they would have less of the firely inferno to endure. Time would tell if Odin would grant his request. Briefly he considered casting healing spells but war clerics take no pause from battle for such. That is the job of others. Only after the battle was finished would war clerics take time to heal the injured and when necessary raise the fallen.



Cor waited for his hammer to reappear in his hand and readied himself to attack the nearest hound. There was a fire in his eyes and an eerie focus on his face. Fate's hand would play a part in this battle as surely as his own hammer.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Need to use COLD
Posted on 1/29/2005 at 2:11:24 PM (CST)

Ulthok's missles hit true as always but only one hound did he drop.Then while absorbed in what he was doing he himself is attacked by a hound directly.The hound hit him hard and he felt the pain as it's claws ripped a gash in him.From the two arrows and this one hit he knew he was already in trouble, and could probally not take a hit from the hellhounds breath.Looking around he can tell he is not the only one in trouble.He wonders where the #@#*# is the other mage Halia.Then he hears the warnings of both 4 hounds on a ledge above them and the approach of more enemies giants coming down the hall.As he contemplates his next move he calls out.


"Anyone out there with either weapons or spells of cold need to use them these beasts hate cold as fire users"

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Please disregard the other post....
Posted on 1/29/2005 at 9:59:50 PM (CST)

OOC: Since my last post happened at the exact time you posted I hope you can disregard Cesair's actions that I posted and use this one instead, he will cast Improved Phantasmal force.

Having heard Haila's cry, Cesair turns back into the hallway and casts one of his illusion spells. He summons to mind the image of a particulary vile Minataur that he and a group of adventurers faced a few years back. It was a ferocious fighter wearing chainmail and wielding a huge bladed ax. Cesair recalls the crazed fire that burned in its eyes, the saliva that ran from its mouth, and it's massive horns. With this image in mind The gnome casts his spell and sends the illusion charging down the hall to face the oncoming giants. The minotaur appears as if summoned through a magic portal, its firey eyes burn hatred for the two double headed beast before it, the beast snorts loudly before bellowing a challenge that threatens to shake the very walls of the tunnel. It's rusty chainmail rattles as the minataur charges into battle. Cesair will be careful to adjust his illusion marking wounds upon it as fighting progresses to keep the ettins fooled.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Miscounts... Errrrr
Posted on 1/31/2005 at 2:36:11 PM (CST)

Mad at himself for having missed the obvious that there were 25 creatures detected, not just the 21 initially before them. Alasdair rushed forward towards the newcomers, determined not to feel the heat of the beasts' fire yet a third time. Alasdair swung his sword mightily and pushed aside the beasts already being attacked by his comrades.

He knew that his friends would be able to deal with those beasts that he passed by, confident in the knowledge that the fight would end sooner if the beasts who had just entered the fray were dealt with quickly.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

What Should I Do.
Posted on 1/31/2005 at 3:23:48 PM (CST)

After he yells his message out about using cold on the hellhounds Ulthok finds himself in a conflict with himself.As he tries to determine what would be best for both the party and himself a couple of things run through his mind.

I know my injuries are somewhat bad and I'm not sure I can take a hit from the breath weapons of these hounds so a spell that might block off some of them and maybe stop them from getting to use might be helpful if it goes right that could help all of us,if something goes wrong however and I don't survive I am useless to all then.I could make my next move one that I'm afraid only helps myself but in the long run could be the best move.
As he thinks he reaches into his belt pouch and feels the reassuring bottle of extra healing potion he has there.What a fix what to do next.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Meat tenderizer
Posted on 1/31/2005 at 10:38:31 PM (CST)

Seeing that Cor was now unarmed with feral beastanimal hounding his every move, Af’til rush forward to deliver an up wielding uppercut with his trusted mace followed by rib shattering blow hopeful it would send this fowl beast to the netherplanes.

That should give Cor enough time to regain his weapon and push his aggression on who needs it. As for Ulthok predicament I am unaware will soon be clear as i pan the field of battle and would make ready to aid him after I done here.(help is on the way.)

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Bear Hug
Posted on 2/1/2005 at 3:23:35 AM (CST)

Feeling the pain from the claws as they rake her face sends the bear into a rage biteing down as hard as she can on the hound in her mouth she rises to her full height shaking the animal in her mouth.Grabing it then in a bear hug she squeezes the thing till she thinks she feels it back snap she then flings its body into the other hounds near her hoping to keep them busy this round.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Enraged
Posted on 2/1/2005 at 3:46:49 AM (CST)

With his mind finally made up Ulthok decides there is too much at stake to take any chances and in one swift motion he pulls the potion from his pouch pulls the cork and downs the entire thing.He then flings the empty bottle at the face of the hound that had bite him.Then he hollars at it.

"Go back to the hell you came from you vile beast"
Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Life slipping away, but sword still in hand.
Posted on 2/1/2005 at 4:10:38 AM (CST)

Conall with blood now seeping through his armor in spots, was finding it hard to keep his breath. He knew it was catching up to him, as he missed his second well aimed swing. As the hound lunged forward his leg gave and the animals lung fell short. This was the opening Conall was hopping for he gave a return attack at the now unbalanced hound.

Would Conall strike before the hound could regain his footing. ‘Odin give this body strength to carry on and give my blade aim to send this hound back to the depths of hell form once it came. Was the prayer on the lips of the Paladin as he took total focus in what was now looking like a battle that would be his last


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:36:10.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Hellhounds are us RD 3

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Hellhounds Are Us Rd 3
Posted on 2/1/2005 at 8:38:52 AM (CST)

The party was hurt one and all some worse then others. For the most part the last round of battle had not gone well for the party. The situation very grim with the arrival of the Ettins into the fray...

The first to act was the Gnome Cesair a spell of illusion on his lips. A Minotaur would he create to delay the Giants attacks.
But alas it was not to be as Cesair found himself smashed to the ground on his back. Both pain and a Hellhound on his chest, the spell uncast...

Cor with the Hellhounds all over him and no weapon was not in the least bit afraid knowing very well his hammer would return, but was glad just the same when it did.
With his voice full of a taunt to the Paladin he scored two hits upon the nearest Hound sending it rolling away. The second hound unfortunately was still there and once again its teeth punctured the Dwarf’s skin. Cor again felt pain but true to his ring took no damage and even felt better for it would take more then Hellhounds to take him down...

Af’til moving fast to help the party’s lone dwarf was given by Cor a gift. The first of the two Hounds before the Cleric had rolled into his path dazed. Without a moments hesitation the Ranger/Cleric hit it with his mace. No longer dazed but dead one more Hellhound down...

Hawk it seemed never stopped always his was offense nay defense. His blades like a part of his body his moves were almost flawless. His attacks this time was again on target and two deep cuts did he score but as before the Hellhound yet lived and attacked back. Due to pain or the blood flowing in its eyes its attack missed. Not so number 2 as it hit the Ranger a bite to his left knee. Pain and blood flowing Hawk’s knee gave out putting him on his right knee, blades yet in his hand...

Dru was huge, a bigger bear none of the party had ever seen before and as many bears everywhere she was pissed!!. Ignoring the Hellhound at her feet she used her teeth and strength on the one in her mouth. Exerting every bit of the strength at her command she broke its back with a loud crack. Throwing the creature to the floor she saw it was not dead but no longer able to give battle.
The second Hellhound with renewed fire flamed her catching her coat on fire the pain nothing compared to her rage. She turned to face it not caring that her mane was clearly on fire...

Ulthok could clearly see the battle was going badly for them , his thoughts revealed in the noise of battle his health low and getting lower. A potion of Extra-Healing quickly in his hand, top off and down his throat he drank till empty a direct hit with the bottle unfortunately did nothing to stop its breath attack the pain in in his body anew but the Halfling much healthier...

Alasdair knew the 4 Hellhounds behind the party had to die!!. Quickly turning he moved towards the ledge ignoring the pain and the smell of burning clothing on him. the breath of the Hellhound that had been before him and was now running after him. His speed got him up the ledge’s steps but no attack was allowed as he braced for his next attack. The 4 before him and the one behind, 5 Hellhounds the Cavalier faced now...

Conall seeing a chance took it quickly the Hound before him crippled by its leg. A mighty swing of his sword all his rage and might behind it and another Hellhound was dead a head it did not have anymore.
Free for the moment he looked where next he was to be needed The count at the moment tied at one...

Taila knew she was in trouble, before her 2 Giants behind her a sister in semi-dazed condition. The rest of the party busy trying to stay alive in the room. She was very much on her own it seemed in this fight.
Yet no sign of retreat did she show as moving to the left she maneuvered the left Giant to be between her and the second Giant. Her blades hit without error and wounds appeared on the Ettins chest.
The second of the 2 Giants moved away from his kin and was headed still towards Haila. No way was there for Taila to stop him. The first Giant bleeding from his wounds attacked, but out of its two attacks only one hit was scored. The force of it drove Taila to the ground on her back. Immense pain felt all over her body.
She watched as the Ettin moved in to attack again when suddenly without warning and with blinding pain 2 more hits were scored on her from above and behind, the second Giant was still in this fight with her it seemed and she no where to go and no way to win on her own.
She was in big big trouble and if no help was to come to her from anyone in the party, here it was that she would most likely die....

The battle still very much in doubt many a foe alive the party hurt and one about it seemed to die.
Could the party win?, Could they survive?, Would they prevail?.
Time for them along with their health was slowly running out...


OOC:Ok next post will be Saturday as I am in a class for the week. Doing good so far have a safe week

Creature Count this Round.
Hellhounds
3 Dead
3 Wounded
1 Crippled
6 Untouched
Ettins
1 Hurt
1 Untouched.
TOTAL DEAD:15 ALIVE:10


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:37:35.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


43

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

5-1, even odds or so he hoped
Posted on 2/1/2005 at 3:25:51 PM (CST)

Seeing the hellhounds before him and knowing one approached from behind, Alasdair took a deep breath and readied himself for the coming attack. He knew that his skills would be tested this day, but his actions clearly kept these 5 from harming his comrades. "Come alittle closer my friends and feel the sting of my blade," he says to the hellhounds before him.

Realizing too late, that two Ettins had also entered the fray, Alasdair concentrated on his sword attacks and shield defenses, thankful that he was wearing his Ring of Fire Ressitance.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Time to regroup the ranks
Posted on 2/2/2005 at 3:43:31 AM (CST)

Conall took but a second to scan the room, Cor was in some trouble, but in battle and in trouble is where the war cleric liked to be. Also Af’til was at Cor’s side to give aid as a hound lie dead before Af’til.

Hawk was down on a knee but his blades still in hand. The ranger could take care of himself.

Alasdair was on the ledge, 4 hounds to his front and one behind and he seemed to be taunting them. This brought a smile to Conall’s face.

Then he saw what he was looking for. Ulthok was throwing back a healing potion as though it were his last and Cesair was on his back and a hell hound almost at his throat.

“Brother Cor,” this was sure to get Cor’s ear, “hold the line I have to save the ranks. It seem the hell hounds have broken through and are using those of magic as chew toys!” With that said Conall will move to attack the hound on Cesair. Still unaware of the fait of those in the hall.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Hold I shall
Posted on 2/2/2005 at 5:39:19 AM (CST)

Cor felt his hammer score two hits on teh beast before him. Although it took not the life from it, it certainlt softened it up for another to kill. Then he felt the pain in his leg as the second hound attacked. Cor knew full well that they were unlikely to ever miss him, but his faith and the power of his holy ring would allow him to gain strength in the fray of battle. Even now he felt renewed life flow thru him inspite of his recent wounds. He saw the others press their attack and saw that all still stood. Conall had evened the score at one each and now asked teh dwarf to hold the line.

"Brother Conall, fear not as they shall not pass. We must finish them quickly as I fear that the battle in the hall cannot be going well. One ettin would be a struggle for those out there, two is nearly a death sentence. Break free and aid them if you can." Cor planted his feet and roared in Old Dwarvish. If any understood him he cared not but loosely translated it came out as "Come and meet your doom you spawn of Hell. Your mother was a fluffy little kitten!" Once again he adjusted his grip and prepared to exchange blows with the enemy. Cor was in his element.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

on bended knee..not!
Posted on 2/4/2005 at 1:40:55 AM (CST)

Though the pain was great, the ranger knew to stay on his knee would bring certain death. Fighting through the pain Hawk stood and slashed out to return that pain. A quick strike to the nearest Hound, followed by another. The ranger never allowed any ground to be given away.

Hearing Cor's plan to aid those in the hallway, Hawk scanned the rest of the group. He saw Alasdair facing down 5 hounds alone.

"Alasdair, I shall be there soon. Save some for me!"

A slight smile on his face.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

and poof one was gone
Posted on 2/4/2005 at 3:29:03 PM (CST)

The large bear continues its struggle with the rather persistant hounds from hell, and even though she crushed it and broke its back the creature continued to live.She meanwhile takes even more damage from the damnable hounds breath weapon.Feeling her vigor and energy fading the druid makes a decision that she hopes will help both herself and the party.Rather than attack back at the damaged animal in front of her she once again puts her druid skills to work and in place of the large bear now low to the ground and covered in a hard scale type skin and with a large tooth filled mouth sits the largest crocodile her skills allow her to transform into.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Almost out of the fire, into pan we go
Posted on 2/4/2005 at 3:38:52 PM (CST)

As another beast from hell fall to might of my mace I call to whimsical Cor “I believe Hawk, Alasdair, and I can finish this beast off go help those in the hall.” As I can see there are only nine hound left with 5 being on Alasdair, one battling lady Dru and one laying wounds beyond repose, one on Cesair, one in front of Hawk, and one in front of me.(does that make nine or ten hounds?) As Cor being from a long line of dwarf warrior that knows how to combat such creature, he would surely be victories against those in the hall with no problem.
To the situation in here I can see Uthlork become vibrant and active knowing he feels better now then he did before. As for Hawk I know as he is an excellent Ranger and look like he is still in the fight hit back with fury of blow should be able to dispatch his foe soon. Dru on the other hand it seem that our Fearless leader has got herself in a little predicament by transform to a creature allow her flanks to be open to furious attack, the beast exacerbated the opening and hit her hard. But she is down to one foe so she should do fine against it with her great strength and determination will surely bring it to it’s knees, if not she will soon received the aid of my self or other. Cesair was on his back in the hall to far from me to help at this time so I will leave that hell hound in the capable hand of Cesair to free him self and bring that hound to the ground dead. (I trust in you skills)
If Cor didn’t take the advice of going to the hall. I would go help Lady Dru either to slay the beast or heal her if she already had dispose of the carcass. If Cor did take the advice then I will surely strike the hellhound before me with a triple smack of my mace and morning star, most surly to add another shatter skull to the collection of the room.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

As good as dead....
Posted on 2/5/2005 at 3:39:05 AM (CST)

OOC: If Cesair can cast a spell, which I doubt he will get it off beofre he is killed, he will cast wraithform. If he can not cast a spell from the prone position with a hellhound looming over him, if he can draw his shortsword, he will try to defend himself even though he would stand little chance against the beast in his condition and it would only be postponing the inebitable anyway with two unharmed Ettins coming down the hall. So if he has to fight hand to teeth with the hellhound he will spit defiantly into its face as he lashes out. Was his last spell waisted? I only ask this in the off chance that he somehow escapes death.

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

A calculated risk
Posted on 2/5/2005 at 4:35:32 AM (CST)

Cor heard Conall's cry for him to "Hold the line" but then also two other companions urge him to take to the hall. He knew that the ones in the room were injured but those in the hall would likely be facing a death sentance. After a moments thought he made his choice. With a twinkle in his and a lilt in his voice he cried out: "I must leave this party and crash the one in the hall. With both a cavalier and paladin here you stand a 50-50 chance of victory." He turned a sprinted towards the hall and the ettins.

OOC: If Cor can close the gap enough to get into melee in the hall that he shall do. If not he will move as close as possible and hurl his hammer if any foe is within sight. I know the hellhounds may get an attack as I leave but...

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Help Where I can
Posted on 2/5/2005 at 3:03:25 PM (CST)

After downing the extra healing potion Ulthok feels his stregnth returning even as the hound in front of him breaths his hell fire.Scanning the action he sees Alasdair facing down 5 of the 10 hounds that are left.Being very close to the door he can also see that the battle in the hall is not fairing well for the two ladies at first he was thinking about going out and helping there when Cor turns and darts toward the hall.Since he figures he will be help out there he turns his attention to helping Cesair.Being flat on his back with a hellhound at his throat his postion does not look good.Once again calling on one of his most basic, but very reliable spells Ulthok sends 5 magic missles to slam into the side of the hound that hovers over Cesair.Hoping that if they do not bring down the beast they may at least distract it towards him and give Cesair a chance to effect an escape from the vile thing.


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:39:45.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Here there still be Hellhounds RD 4

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Here There Still Be Hellhounds Rd 4
Posted on 2/8/2005 at 1:23:48 AM (CST)

The last 3 rounds of battle for the party had been bad with every member of it hurt.
If they did not change the tide soon it could become even worse...

The Hellhounds in melee with the party, breathe this round they could not. But very dangerous they all still were…

Alasdair had taken the failure of remembering the right count to heart. Perhaps he felt it was his fault, perhaps not only the Cavalier could reveal if this was so...

Reaching the stairs the round before he had been unable to attack this round much to his happiness was different. Deciding to deal with the wounded Hellhound behind him sword and dagger fast moving in a figure 8 pattern, both blades scoring hits. The Hellhound hurt seriously yet somehow still alive. Distracted by the Cavalier’s damage its return attack failed...

For the Hellhounds on the ledge the Cavaliers arrival had given them a conflict of priority’s.
Trained to stay on the ledge to flame all enemies below them Alasdair’s presence threw that off.
As 3 turned and once again flamed the party the fire of their breath’s very hot and causing the party yet more damage...

The fourth attacked Alasdair its attack was very well timed, its teeth came down on the Cavalier’s hip.
The Hellhound had now tasted noble blood and had found that it liked it very well indeed...

The Gnome Cesair was sure his life was over the hound above him ready to kill but he would not go meekly into that long night his sword unleashed a strike to its belly he achieved. The hound still very much alive. To the Gnomes dismay. Cesair at that moment knew he was dead...

Then three things happened within seconds of each other...

First Uthlok seeing Cesair in peril let loose with a barrage of Magic Missiles. The missiles once again on target, the hound hurt, but yet on top of the Gnome still...

Second the Hellhound above Cesair in prim position despite the wound in its belly and the hits from the missiles to once again wound and possibly kill the Gnome struck at its target, Cesair’s neck...

To the hounds dismay and the Gnome’s relief all that was heard was the sound of the Hellhounds teeth slamming shut on air. Cesair moving his head at the last moment had caused it to miss...

Third Conall with no foe in front of him and clearly seeing the Gnome in trouble, a Hellhound on his chest had chosen that creature as his next target...

Moving quickly sword raised and ready the Paladin rushed to help. Arriving at the end of the creature’s failed attack his sword with a mighty swing hammered into the Hellhounds side. The hound its blood spurting all over Conall and Cesair both, was flung off of the Thief/Illusionist to land upon its back, broken, bleeding, but very much dead...

Cor the party’s lone dwarf sturdy, unafraid and very stubborn would not be forced to retreat by a pack of Dogs.!! But the cries of the others showed to him that the hallway at this time with 2 Ettins attacking was the greater threat...

As the dwarf turned and began to move he knowingly left himself vulnerable to the hound before him. The Hellhound at his feet still very active and somewhat bigger then the other hounds wasted no time in taking advantage of such. With a mighty bite it easily caught Cor as he attempted to turn...

Its attack easily striking the Dwarf, the Hellhound, with its teeth deep inside the Dwarves leg and with a quick and very strong twist of its head, proceeded to brake the dwarf’s right leg...

Cor in pain but enraged knew getting to the hallway was not to be able for him this round or next...

His hammer in motion as his body fell scored twice upon the hound. In his rage he was not surprised to see that both hits had been critical’s and the hound itself lay dying or dead...

Cor found himself for the moment semi-crippled, on the floor alone but yet at his hand another Hellhound dead...

Was it a fair price to pay. Would it explain to Head’s and Tail’s why he had not been able to aid them in their fight?. Only Cor if he lived would be the one able to answer such a question...

The two Hellhounds before Hawk once again attacked together. One plainly hurt bad the other as yet whole still in the battle they both were...

The undamaged hound attacked first only to find its attack had missed the Ranger lithe and quick as he was. The second faired no better as Hawk trained from birth was again faster.
Hawk knew with the Hellhound attacks at him this round over he decided to hit and run. His target once again the wounded hound. In a move long known he hit with two blows from his swords leaving it nothing but a dead husk. In the same motion he was turned and headed towards Alasdair’s position on the stairs avoiding a second free attack by the still living hound.. .

Dru tired of taking damage as a bear decided to shape change yet again. This time her choice that of a large crocodile fangs gleaming and low to the ground a measure of health returned ready was she for the next round. The Hellhound totally surprised by this sudden change was thrown off its well planned attack to find itself flying past the Bard/Druid aiming for a creature of a height that was no longer there. It found itself facing the Elf Ranger/Cleric Af‘til…..

Af’til alone with no Hellhounds before him saw that the lady Dru seemed to be in trouble calling to Cor to head for the hallway he moved to help his leader. Reaching her side as she changed. Though he was a little taken back by this move he yet maintained his calm and attacked the Hellhound that had now landed before him.
His attack yet calm and aimed was hurried and no wounds did he cause.
The Hellhound now facing two foes before it an Elf and a crocodile...


In The Hallway.

Taila was in bad shape and she knew it. Her body raked with pain, bones surly broken blood leaking from wounds her death clearly to her at hand.
Forcing herself back to her feet she knew if she was to live now was the time to put it all on the line. Dropping her short sword her Whip quickly to hand she sent it cracking behind her to entangle the giant there buying she hoped enough time to deal with the Ettin to her front...

A club flying by her head and a second one flying wide past her side greeted her as she moved to attack. Was her luck changing mayhap yes. Her sword aimed and with her strength at the max did she strike. A critical hit!! Her sword plunging deep into the Ettins throat...

With a gurgling sound and blood gushing from its sliced neck the Giant to the floor did fall dead a few moments later...

Turning to her rear to deal with the second of the Ettins she was hit by two heavy blows one to her back the other into her side. The giant no longer entangled by her whip if it had ever truly been. For Taila there was first the bright light of pain, then the blackness of night...

Unconscious or dead the female Ranger unknown to the party was clearly out of this fight...

The fourth round at an end, the party yet still in battle, the numbers of Hellhounds lower for sure...

Yet now a member was down, possibly dead.
What cost would this victory carry if a victory it was to be. Would it be worth it or would it not. The battle still very much in doubt...

For the party to count the cost first they would have to earn it, the only way by winning this fight...


(OOC: Okay next post on Thursday as norm I know I said I would post Sat but with my Live fire exam and the Super Bowl I never got to it. For that I said my apologies to you all.
And as for the outcome of said class I can say happily I passed.
You guys are doing great keep it up. Also I miscounted last week I forgot to add one Hellhound so the count last post should have been 11 alive not ten sorry all...)

CREATURE COUNT THIS ROUND
3 Dead
2 Wounded
1 Crippled (from last rd but alive)
5 Untouched
1 Ettin Dead
1 Unwounded
TOTAL: 17 Hellhounds dead. 8 Alive. 1 Ettin dead 1 Ettin alive


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:41:08.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


44

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Rage!!!
Posted on 2/8/2005 at 5:43:48 AM (CST)

Cor turned and attempted to aid those in the hallway. He had not taken three steps when he felt the teeth of a hound pierce his leg. Cor tried to break free of its grip and in the struggle felt the bone is his leg snap. Pain raced thru his body. Knowing that he would not be able to make it to the hall in his currnet condition he turned and faced the Hell Hound. Only one who had witnessed a true battle rager would say that Cor had not gone beserk. In almost impossibly quick succession he rained down two hammer strikes upon his foe. The force behind them left no doubt that Odin himself had guided the dwarf's arm. In seconds, the beast lay dead and Cor was stuggling to remain standing on one good leg. Now he was mad!! Cor roared in challenge, "Is that the best ya have ya mangey dogs? I can beat ya with one leg tied behind my back!" Cor thought to himself that he would basically have to do just that. He called out once again to Conall. "It appears I was indeed destined to hold the line. At least I kept the count even at two a piece. Go help those in the hall."

Cor struggled to maintain his balance. He adjusted his grip once more and looked for a new target. If a hound came to him so much the better. If not he would hold his attack for last and then hurl his hammer at the most wounded hound still alive hoping to take it from the fight. The mighty dwarf was indeed seriously wounded but still very much in the fight. Fight first;heal later. That is the mantra of Odin's War Clerics. Cor is the epitome of a war cleric and as such he knows not the concept of defeat. 'Father Odin I thnak you for guiding my arm. Spread now your shield around me and lend stregth to Conall that he might save those in the hall.' Things were sure to get interesting.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

A little breathing room perhaps....
Posted on 2/8/2005 at 7:21:04 PM (CST)

At the moment there was no time to properly thank those that had spared his life, for now a simple nod of his head would have to suffice, in fact there was precious little time even for that for there was still one ettin yet standing and the gnome could no longer see Taila. Cesair pushes himself to his feet, once more he calls the image to his mind of the powerful minotaur and attempts to cast his spell of Improved Phantasmal Force, if the spell is successful he will send the image against the ettin, then if there are still Hellhounds to be dealt with he will send it after them as well, that is if he is still alive. Also, after casting the spell, and if he can, while maintaining the illusion, he will drink one of his potions of healing.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Rage Indeed
Posted on 2/8/2005 at 10:08:01 PM (CST)

"Bite my leg will ye?" cried Alasdair, sword and shield a masterful blur as he counter attacked. Striking first at the creature that injured him, Alasdair then quickly moved to strike the at the creature who had just reeked havoc on his comrades. He knew that this fight needed to end quickly, but the fight emmediately around him needed to shift in their favor. Magic or Psionics both needed concentration and could not be counted on whilst in the heat of a melee battle.

Taunting the beasts before him, "Come alittle closer, for I have a blade just meant for ending yer existence." Holding back the grimace that moving on his injured leg caused, Alasdair lets loose with a blur of attacks, intent more on causing harm than in worying about his own safety. 'This fight must end now,' was his focus and the thoughts racing through his mind.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Scares of childhood...
Posted on 2/8/2005 at 10:42:35 PM (CST)

Conall now standing in the hallway could hear the confusion of battle from behind him. Cesair now to his feet Conall turned around to see what was making such a ruckus in the hall. That is when his eyes were filled with dread and dismay. One ettin lay dead at the feet of Taila, black blood still oozing from the almost severed head. A second ettin stood with bloodied weapon and the lifeless body of Taila lay at his feet, her whip still loosely wrapped around his feet.

A mental state arose in Conall. There was no conscious effort for control. Feelings of sorrow, reverence, hate, anger, confusion, rage, love. A blind hatred took the man.

‘Conall, my boy you must have control. We must have control!’ Almost shouted the voice in Conall’s head. A war between emotion and intellect raged in Conall.

“Cor, hold that line! Cesair stay behind me or run to the others in the room. There is no need for two more of us to die here.” Conall said as he watched the ettin looming over his fallen comrade in arms. Conall did not know if she was dead or just unconscious.

‘Conall do not tune me out. Conall get a hold of your self. Boy! Do as you are told. Remember what I have taught you!’ The voice in Conall’s head was now screaming. If it were not for the ettin, Conall would have surly turned and ask Cesair if he too heard the voice.

Odin, use me as your weapon that may I strike with all the furry of thunder. May all who see this, see the glory of Odin in Conall Glendower of the house Glendower.

‘Oh yes. That’s it, pray to Odin. When will you learn? The cold steel of your sword and the protection of a good shield is all you can count on in this life’

“Yes! Cold steel that is all you are and all you will ever be...” was the battle cry of Conall Glendower as he charged the ettin. The scares of childhood burned deep with him.


Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

Well met Lord Alasdair. Can I join you?
Posted on 2/9/2005 at 10:51:56 PM (CST)

Racing to the cavaliers side as quickly as he can with his injured knee, Hawk takes up a position along side of Alasdair.

"It looks like you had things under control, but I simply couldn't let you have all the fun" Hawk teases. "Now let us be rid of these Hounds as swiftly as our blades allow my friend."

Allowing his movements to blend with those of Lord Alasdair, Hawk slashes out at one of the nearest hell hounds once, and yet again. Hoping to send yet another of these beasts back to hell!

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Crocodile Rock
Posted on 2/10/2005 at 12:19:32 AM (CST)

As Dru shifts form once again from a hugh standing bear now into a low rider Croc. the hound that launched an attack at her face acctually flew over her to be confronted by Af'til.Now facing Af'til the hound is not sure what happened, The croc will attempt to tail whip this hound first.

Then after that the croc. will move slightly to the hound that as a bear she had broken its back.Now with the hound immobil the croc will take its head in its mouth and crush it.

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

Getting Personal
Posted on 2/11/2005 at 2:31:56 AM (CST)

Having helped in the destruction of the hound menacing Cesair, Ulthok was in a position to catch a glimps of what was happening in the hallway, and he didn't like what he saw.Two Ettins where just to much for a single fighter even one of Talias skill After his missles slamed into the hellhounds side(Now he will never admit this) Ulthok stood motionless for almost a second as he watched the ranger Talia doing battle with the two Ettins in the hall.
Not having seen what happened up to that point but he could tell she had already taken damage from the giants for he could see blood coming from a wound, Then before he could even blink he watched Talia like poetry in motion the ranger turning to face one giant while in the same motion she flung her whip over her shoulder, and finding her mark the whip end wrapped around the Ettins one club arm.Turning just slightly pulling the Ettin off balance.At the same time this little movement threw the other giants attack off just enough one swing missing her head to her right and the second club missing her on her left side opened the giant up for her forward thrust and miss she did not her sword plunges deep into the giants neck with a large spurt of blood it was dead.

Ulthok watched the moves she made where so fluid but things went downhill very fast. He could see that her thrust forward had loosened the whip end from the Ettin arm and it was recovering fast, fast enough to launch a counter attack on the ranger before she could get fully turned to it.

Seeing that the Ettin is going to get in a hit on Talia Ulthok decides he must do whatever he can and what he has been doing, to him at least, seems small. He thinks (he is fast and that he should get more personal with the enemny) So as he watches the Ettin swinging toward Talia he starts to move using his agility,quickness, and of course his boots,with sword in hand he takes three quick steps one to make sure he was clear of the door and two for momentun then he leaps forward directly toward the Ettin.He can't help but notice he is not quick enough for it appeared to him that the lady takes two solid hits from the Ettins clubs, he can't be sure he is moving and she had moved with a lot of momentun before, but what he does know is to prepare himself for some type of collision holding his sword in front of him and using both hands to hold it he relaxes for the impact.
OOC: I think by leaving the area I was in I opened myself up to a free attack I belive there was a hound near me. could be interesting when 38 lb Ulthok hits said Giant

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

battle
Posted on 2/11/2005 at 4:06:57 AM (CST)

As Lady Dru turn her head and munches on a taste little snack I will defend her flank and repeat beat the snot out of the hound before me.

After that I will view the battlefield. What I see might be called funny by some, a dwarf with one leg jump up and down toward the door like he was playing hop-scotch while two on the ledge dance fluidly with the hound with prefect combination of thrusting, twisting, and turning.

Everyone else seems to be in the Hall fighting what ever was there. (the yell earlier of giants he couldn’t hear over the roar of flames rushing around him). As he can't see the hall he remain clueless about the fact a fellow ranger is down in hall at the feet of a two-head monstrosity. Hopefully she just knock out cold by one to many bonk to the head


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:43:28.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


Hellhound, Hellhound Who's got the Hellhound RD 5

Trilogy Master
Resident
Posts: 289
Reply | Edit

Hellhound, Hellhound Who's got the Hellhound Rd 5
Posted on 2/11/2005 at 5:52:51 AM (CST)

The Party had been in battle for 4 full rounds the longest fight to date for them so far. Though holding their own all were wounded and tired and one of there number was possibly dead...

Cesair rescued from the threat of death by Conall and Ulthok again bent his skills to the casting of his Improved Phantasmal Force, this time nothing stopped him.
A Werewolf as real as any the party had ever seen before suddenly appeared and attacked the Ettin. But to the shock and horror of both Conall and Cesair it was no longer headed to the room. After downing Taila it had quickly overpowered her twin, and scooping her up in its arms was racing away down the hall.
Haila hopefully unconscious not dead under its arm...

Ulthok having saved the Gnome from the surety of death knew his place was in the hallway as he could see a little of what was happening.
Turning quickly he started to move as such, only to find his way blocked by one of the 3 remaining ground based hounds. It attacked teeth and claws aimed for the Halflings throat. Its attack off center it hit the Hafling not in the neck but on Ulthok’s shoulder spinning him around and down. Yet Ulthok too was lucky his weapon striking a clean blow to the hound as it passed. Off balance and turned away from the hall he was unable to move to help...

Conall had reached the hallway intending to do battle but saw to his horror the Ettin running away the body of Haila griped under its arm. It had moved quickly and as such was almost too far away to easily catch. The Paladin was at a loss should he chase the Ettin and hopefully catch it but in doing so temporally abandon the party.
Or stay and fight and hope they could track it after the battle and rescue the Fighter/Mage then.
The Paladin had only this round to decide...

Alasdair was in a bad spot one Hellhound behind him ,4 to his front and on a set of stairs with no real room to maneuver. Well no one to blame but himself as that was where he had chosen to be. Seeing the Ranger Hawk headed his way he left the Hellhound behind him to the Ranger and turned to face the other 4 taunting them as he did so. His sword a blur backed up by his dagger the Hellhound before him hit and missed , his dagger no damage would it do. Yet the Hellhound hurt was it still. Its return attack missed the Cavalier by only a small margin but Alasdair happy all the same...

Hawk seeing Alasdair alone on the stairs did not want the Cavalier to hog all the fun. So moving fast he reached the stairs attacking the Hellhound to Alasdair's rear. His swords once again both faithful and true hit the Hellhound hard a brief cry of pain and without any doubt to the Ranger, it fell off the stairs to land at their base, dead. A threat to anyone no longer...

Dru now in croc form was ready seeing the Hellhound tied up with Af’til she used her tail to give the Ranger/Cleric an opening. Her tail heavy and strong came down upon the hounds back, briefly slamming it to the ground. If Af’til was quick they mayhap could kill this one too...

Af’til saw his chance and with a gleeful look to his eyes, was ready and well able to do just that...

His mace on target yet again it blasted the brain matter what little there had been over both he and Dru a nasty smelling filth it truly was. The hound dead, no skull left to it was added to the growing number of dead...

Cor scanning the battle clearly could see that 3 Hellhounds had as yet not been attacked and that they were all three upon the ledge.
With them being too far for him to reach with his broken leg, the stout Dwarf chose to hurl his hammer at the one nearest the Cavalier. His hammer as it had been for most of this fight once more striking true, Cor watched as blood spurted from the creatures shoulder as the hammer returned to his hand. Ready to throw again he waited his shot...

Then it happened a battle getting better and turning mayhap the party’s way was once again changed.
From the north wall a section of it moved revealing a secret door inside the room. Into the room appeared another pair of Ettins both talking to each other as if unaware of the combat taking place at the moment.
Then with stunned reactions they became aware of the battle and stood still, losing their actions this round due to their surprise. But then thier surprise gone they readied themselves for the next.
A battle they would finally have after weeks of boredom guarding those chests. Their relief of guard duty for this day now overdue it had been that which had brought them forth from the room within....

OOC: Ok guys and lady’s yet more enemy’s you seem to be drawing them to you. Anybody wearing sweat smelling cologne.??
Next post Monday as norm have a great weekend. And for the lovers among us have a good Valentines day.

BATTLE COUNT THIS ROUND
2 Hellhounds Dead
1 Hellhound Crippled
3 Hellhounds Wounded
2 Unhurt

ETTINS
1 Dead
1 Running away
2 Unhurt in Room.

TOTALS: 19 Hellhounds Dead,6 Alive


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:45:55.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 171/116
6168 Posts


45

Mottle
Resident
Posts: 624
Reply | Edit

Decisions
Posted on 2/11/2005 at 11:30:50 AM (CST)

Cor watched as the party once again attacked the Hell Hounds. Several were wounded and at least on fell lifeless to the floor. He waited for an opening and then flung his trusty hammer. It impacted his target near the shoulder and send a shower of blood into the air. Still the beast remained alive. For an instant Cor thought the battle was finally turning in favor of the nearly exhausted party.

Then, a door opened and in stumbled two apparently deaf ettins. They seemed surprised at the scene before them inspite of the noise of battle. It took them a moment for their feable brains to comprehend and then a smile spread across their faces. Cor knew this was not a good thing. He was torn inside, part of him screamed to attack inspite of his broken and worthless leg. 'Attack first, heal later.' He could hear the voices of his trainers and fellow priests echoing in his mind. Another part urged him to cure himself so he could gain mobility and press a more effective attack. In the end it was his warrior training that prevailed.

Cor turned to face the ettins and called out to them in Troll, hoping they would understand. "I am Cor, war cleric of Odin and bringer of your death. Your mothers were elves and your fathers were tinkering gnomes!!!!" The stout dwarf braced himself as best he could and hoped at least on ettin would move to face him. He had no thoughts of being able to avoid its attacks as even on two good legs he was only occasionally able to dodge an opponents attack. He was confident that his hammer would inflict greater damage on his enemy. Melee combat not only allowed him to attack more often, but allowed his ring to function. If the ettins choose not to close with him, he will once again hurl his trusted hammer. This time an ettin would be his target.

Orc Slayer
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 30
Reply | Edit

Hell Hounds, on a stick!!
Posted on 2/11/2005 at 7:39:26 PM (CST)

"Well met Alasdair. I see we find ourselves in a tight situation."

Seeing just how narrow the stairs were, Hawk realizes that there is no way to get his blades to bear on any of the Hounds beyond Alasdair. He sheathes his blood covered blades, backs down the stairs, and draws his bow.

"I am not leaving you my friend" Hawk shouts to Alasdair as he seeks his new position. A position that will allow a clean shot, with no chance of hitting his comrade.

"Be aware, that one in the back is mine"

With Alasdair's blades moving quickly against the formost HellHound, Hawk takes careful aim at the rearmost Hound and lets lose a volley into the unsuspecting beast.

Kyle
Resident
Posts: 323
Reply | Edit

Death. Embrace her, Love her.
Posted on 2/11/2005 at 9:31:02 PM (CST)

The fire and rage still burning with in him Conall pressed his attack. The decision to charge the ettin made just seconds before was still the decision of Conall. “…will ever be…..”

‘Good! Feel the rage use that anger. Now you are a true warrior. The cold steel bites, but only if the heart is cold enough to wield it blindly, to kill without remorse. Death is your traveling companion. Embrace her, love her.’

Conall charged after the ettin, it would not dine on human flesh this night! “Love as you did? Never!…” was the battle cry of Conall Glendower.

Leo the crafty 1
Resident
Posts: 91
Reply | Edit

Everything is normal....
Posted on 2/12/2005 at 3:58:31 AM (CST)

Since there had been nothing but surprise after surprise, Cesair was not surprised in the least as a secret door opened, well maybe just a little. He kept his composure though and sent his illusion rushing at the two new ettins, hoping that his team-mates would be able to handle the last of the hellhounds and be able to lend a hand or two to the newest arrivals to the fray.

DeryniLord
Resident
Posts: 165
Reply | Edit

Well Met Indeed!!!
Posted on 2/12/2005 at 6:44:52 PM (CST)

"Greetings Master Hawk, heal thyself whilst you stick those damnable hounds. One less foe to fight is never a bad things," smiles Alasdair and he responds to his comrade. Still using his sword and shield to great effect, Alasdair pressed forward attempting to force the hellhounds backwards so he might yet gain the top of the stairs.

Hearing the sounds battle raging around him, he focuses on what is before him. He knew that he would also be needing his Healing potion soon if he was to be able to help the others and defeat the newly arrived Ettins. Once the battles were over he knew that he could help and protect the others while they healed their wounds.

Tinder
Resident
Posts: 100
Reply | Edit

Aide from a above
Posted on 2/13/2005 at 1:21:09 AM (CST)



As the hound crumble beneath the weight of my mace, a gleeful smile cross his face when he feel victory is at hand.

He reaches out for our fair lady and set forth in a little melody praising the moon and the sun (casting heal spell since she is below a ¼ of health I will cast cure serious (I don’t know how much that is, it my first time playing a cleric)).

Then he said “Dear Lady you seem to be in need of a bath in the lotion made of the moonlight (body lotion), you have have became all ruff and scaly. But who am I to complain I love nature in all of it wonderous not to mention beautiful forms.”



Then all of the sudden the walls started to shake and the ground seems to tremble. Echo of footstep began to piece my pointy little ears (darn that keen hearing it can give you a headache sometimes). As my attention diverted upward, light started to shine before me, first a slither, but it grew and grew. A doorway has enveloped the wall with two massive shadow figures emerging. As my vision became clearer, I felt my body set forth on flames, my blood as liquid fire as my soul push it harder thou my batter body. For what lay before me was kin to my fearful ever-present foe. (Ranger Special enemy)
With out thinking my body pulsates with anticipation to silence those footsteps, to put a end to the drumming of their hearts. At first chance I have I will engage one of the giants with all my heart and soul (plus my might aswell hehe).

Dragonmist
Resident
Posts: 195
Reply | Edit

A shocking Thing
Posted on 2/15/2005 at 1:33:25 AM (CST)

Ulthok having got a glimps of what was happening in the hall was going to try to get there and help, but as he turned to sprint into the hall one of the hellhounds was directly in his path.The hound and he moved at almost the same time, it lunged towards his throat just as he tried to turn away slightly.The beast caught him squarly with teeth and claw on the shoulder but he also managed to score a hit with his sword on the hound.The force of the hound hitting him spun him away from the hall and there was no way he could help.


Using his Halfling agility he manages to keep from falling over but does not see what transpires out in the hall.What he does see instead is not comforting either.A secret door in the north wall opens and two more giant Ettins stumble into the battle with a surprised look on their faces.


Yelling a warning just in case not all see the new threat.

"Watch now two more giants have just joined the fray at the north wall"

Torn between the new threat and the beast at his side he decides to try to finish the beast he is near first.Falling back on his casting skills once more he forms the thoughts that will allow him to cast "shocking grasp" he then attempts to discharge the spell into the hound that just bite him and had tasted his blood.

Drusilia Liadon
Veteran Visitor
Posts: 47
Reply | Edit

Changing once again
Posted on 2/15/2005 at 1:40:00 AM (CST)

After whacking the one hellhound behind her and chomping on the one with the broken backs head, the large crocdile watches as two more giants enter the room and prepare to do battle with the group.Once again she decides to make a change for she fells like she is not helping much in the form she is in.This time she wills herself back into her normal form. She hopes that sense she had her hood up on her robe when she first changed that when she changes back with it raised just maybe the hounds or giants may not see her right away.


Posted on 2006-09-21 at 00:49:36.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.