The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4007 registered users. Our newest member is .
Online members:
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Trilogy War Q/A (posted by TannTalas)Trilogy War Q/A
Q&A Threads - Lights Last Embrace - A Wheel of Time Q&A (posted by Eol Fefalas)LLE - WoT
Dungeons and Dragons - The Trilogy War (posted by Nimu)The Trilogy War
Other Sci Fi - Destiny's Flight - A Serenity RPG (posted by SilentOne)Destiny's Flight
Spamvertize - Olan and saving cash... (posted by breebles)Olan and saving cash...
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Dungeon Master
Price: $14.00



RDI T-shirts!

Got Dice? Tee
Price: $17.00

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


worried conversation....

Conversations sprouted in all directions with those who had returned and those who had stayed with the campsite. Sometimes they would speak in turn, other moments they would have several conversations. From a short distance the buzz of conversation could be heard but only occasionally understood.

Althena, she could tell, was choked up and still emotional about the loss of her love. Haila placed a hand upon hers and she smiled softly "Friend, I would go with you to the ends of the earth to find love." It was all she had to say in reply to the words they had earlier exchanged. For Haila herself knew what it was like to love yet not have that love returned. She could only imagine what it must be like for Alethena to have the perfect love torn from her, one she loved and who loved her in return.

Haila listened to the buzz around the camp and her eyes rose to the sky. At this moment pain shot through her, she wondered where her friends had gone. Ulthok was still searching and soon it would be dark as the moon continued chasing the sun from the sky. Shaking her head some she rose from where she sat and she moved towards where her companions had disappeared. Cynil had also not returned and Haila grew more worried with each passing moment.

Without a word she decided to walk a few paces from camp and sweep her surroundings with a slow glance. Searching high and low in all directions in which their two friends had gone early that morning. For the first time since Cor and Conall had returned, she felt a heavy heart while she stood waiting for the party to be complete once again. A rock stood a little ways from their camp where she could sit and watch, on guard, until their friends returned.


Posted on 2008-04-15 at 14:51:26.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


back Down to the Ground.

After casting his spell with no apparent effect Ulthok needs to head back down he is running out of time so he shoots straight down to the base of the mountain. Once on the ground he returns to his own form and looking around finds Halia waiting at the base of the mountain for him and for Cynil who has also not yet returned. Let me check in with the others real quick for I have found nothing and I shall return.
He goes over to where the rest of the group is involved in their conversations with each other, and where the smell of good cooked meat still lingers in the air. I have no good news I'm afraid but no opening into this mountain have I found. I saw some shimmering in the air and did what I could to check it out but to no avail. I here that Cynil has not yet returned so I was going to go over to where Halia is watching and see what I can do.
With that he takes a quick leave from the group and returns to where Halia is keeping watch. Has there been any contact with Cynil at all? Ulthok tries to come up with some way they can check on Cynil. Using his link with Omensamen Ulthok will try to call the great owl in and if there is no sign of Cynil before she shows up Ulthok will ask his familiar Omensamen to see if she can check on up the mountain to find Cynil.


Posted on 2008-04-15 at 21:23:00.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


Cynil faces the great cat, as Druid she knows what such a beast was capable of, but she has a feeling that this one is acting a bit odd. As a goat it had growled at her, and a humanoid it had growled more intensely. She moves with a slow deliberate grace to look to the underside of the cat, moving so as not to provoke an attack. Cynil has a feeling that this could be a mother with cubs, if she confirms that with her observation, it will give her a better idea as how to react speak to the cat. As she moves her head for a better look she activates the Speak with Animals power of the Staff. Cynil lets her eyes wander about the ledge where the cat faces her, searching for the indication of a cave entrance or passageway into the mountain. It could be that this cat was using it for a den. Every movement she makes is like a slow graceful dance.

If it is a lactating female or even a territorial male she speaks calmingly to her.

"Be at peace. I have not come to threaten or harm. I look for a passage into the mountain."


Posted on 2008-04-16 at 04:35:45.
Edited on 2008-04-16 at 04:40:35 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

As the day passes Rayne keeps watch for her animal companions. Ulthok returns but there is still no sign of Cynil. hails moves out to the edge of the camp site and keeps watch silently she scours the mountainside. Rayne walks over closer to her. "I am concerned that Cynil has not returned. I am going to recall Storm and Shadow and Arwen and have them search for her.". Silently mentally Rayne calls her companions in .

First Arwen arrived back with a great fluttering of wings. Her landed on her outstretched arms with and soft touch which was quite a feat considering his size. Her leaned into Rayne's arm begging in his own way for a scratch around his head and back. Rayne oblidged the big eagle owl and they mentally converse. He has seen nothing of interest in his own appraisal so that is what she had to go on and nothing more. She thanked him and then scratch him under hes chin and around his formidable beak that hooked sharply. Ahe was quite sure her would have been in the quickest for two reasons. On this path was unobstructed most of the way and two their recent separation had made him a bit leery of going beyond the range of their bond. All day long she could feel him some times just at the edge of her perception of him but never out of it.

The other reason was that Shadow and Storm, mates now for about a year, ranged further, sometimes well beyond her ability to sense them. yet they never got lost even if she moved they seemed to always find her. It was like she couldn't sense them but they could sense her. It was good to have them back with her. she fell almost complete. Just Ariel was missing from the group now. But this was not place for her once they went into the mountain for that was surely their destination and Lady Althena had remember.

Rayne sighed, underground was not her favorite place to be. She as as much a s creature of land and sky as her companions were. She doubted she would take any but the two ferrets in. They could be useful underground.

She could feel them but they were busy with something that had their attention. They would come in when they had finished what they were working on. They had a tenacity of focus that was sometimes extremely useful but then sometimes it was not when they were off on their own pursuits.

"So you see anything Haila?" Rayne asks the fighter mage. We might have to go out and see if she is in trouble. I would like to do that before the suns is lost beyond the horison." Rayne mentions to Haila. as she waits on the fringes of the camp with her.



Posted on 2008-04-16 at 05:56:32.
Edited on 2008-04-16 at 06:19:38 by Brianna

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


One still missing

Cor was a bit worried that it was getting on to night and one still had not returned. The arrival of Ulthok and his lack of any good news did not make the dwarf any happier. "Perhaps tomorrow we would be best served to simply pick a path up the mountain and search on foot. The area that you saw shimmer could be a clue and warrent a closer inspection. A spell such as true seeing would be most helpful I believe. For now though we must wait on our last companion, I hope she isn't doing anything silly out there by herself."


Posted on 2008-04-16 at 14:01:43.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


A group of worriers

As lookout she was the first to see Ulthok return and such a thing had worked wonders on the pain she felt in her heart. However she could still feel pain, for Cynil had not made her return. A sigh released she waited for Ulthok to return, and even Rayne had joined them.

Shaking her head some she replied "no sign at all. I feel we should go find out, but in another approach I feel as if we should simply wait and see what happens. If she were in trouble, I'm quite sure she would have found a way to let us know." she fell silent confused as to what to do. Then she heard Rayne's words and she nodded "I think you are right. Perhaps we should go seek her out, and pray that we don't get lost. We make a bargain, two or three of us go search for her, if we cannot find her within a couple hours, then we return. We'll leave markers to keep out way." she turned to Ulthok "You should eat" she said softly, "the food is delicious".

Haila nodded towards Ulthok and Rayne and asked "unless you wish to accompany us, but you have done your due, perhaps Rayne and I could journey just the pair of us up the mountain." she fell silent and smiled to the pair as she waited for a reply.


Posted on 2008-04-16 at 14:14:49.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Tactics....

Althena’s smile became more genuine as she listened to Kenji. “Music, you say?” She took another bite, pensive for a moment, then swallowed her food. “Do you sing? Play an instrument? Perhaps we can have a song from your homeland? I love music, and I love to sing.”
“I do play a Shakuhachi,” Kenji said as he smiled graciously to the Lady Althena, “it is a bamboo flute often used for meditation as well as enjoyment. I am afraid mine was damage badly in a battle shortly after coming to this land and I have yet to make another one.” He seemed embarrassed slightly at the absence of his flute, a bit disappointed at not being able to perform for her request.

Althena looked with concern toward the mountain, where the two were still scouting. “I sincerely hope that is not the case, Sir Kenji.” She sent up a prayer for her friends that they would be kept safe and would return soon. Hopefully with some good news.
Having stowed all this items once again into his pack, Kenji again turned his eyes mountain and nodded as he too wondered what had delayed the return of their comrades. He had not liked the idea of splitting the party up and sending only two up to search the mountain. Dividing their small numbers was a tactical mistake and though he didn’t agree with the decision, or the shape changing, he hoped the two would return soon and in good form.

During this time of waiting all got to know one another better and even the halfling Divot, so quiet since Main, was able to introduce himself to Kenji as the brother of Ulthok.
Kenji found the small Halfling strange since they didn’t have such people back in his homeland, yet he had come to see that Ulthok and Divot seemed to be honest, trustworthy people, and despite their small stature, capable and hearty. He was curious to see the two in battle, though he imagined that their small size would be to their advantage to certain adversaries.

“Divot,” Kenji said turning to the small Halfling, “Is it customary for your brother to go off alone for such a long time when scouting?”

(OOC: Room for response)

. Shaking her head some Haila rose from where she sat and she moved towards where her companions had disappeared. Cynil had also not returned and Haila grew more worried with each passing moment.

Without a word she decided to walk a few paces from camp and sweep her surroundings with a slow glance. Searching high and low in all directions in which their two friends had gone early that morning. For the first time since Cor and Conall had returned, she felt a heavy heart while she stood waiting for the party to be complete once again. A rock stood a little ways from their camp where she could sit and watch, on guard, until their friends returned.

Kenji watched as Haila rose to her feet from around the fire where they were all sitting or standing and talking, mostly about what could be delaying their two comrade who were out scouting.

He watched her as she walked just outside the camp area and stood looking up at the mountain, no doubt thinking the same that they all were; what had become of their friends. He thought for a moment to walk out to talk to her but decided against it as she walked over and sat on a rock watching the mountain. He felt she might want to be alone with her thoughts, hence her walking slightly away from the others. He decided to honor her unspoken wishes by not intruding upon her privacy.

After casting his spell with no apparent effect Ulthok needs to head back down he is running out of time so he shoots straight down to the base of the mountain. Once on the ground he returns to his own form and looking around finds Halia waiting at the base of the mountain for him and for Cynil who has also not yet returned.
Kenji is watching as a bird comes flying in and lands not far from Haila and then changes shape into a small man, Ulthok. The Samurai’s breath catches in his throat seeing the transformation, it is still so strange and a bit surprising but seeing the change seems to calm his uncertainties somewhat.

He goes over to where the rest of the group is involved in their conversations with each other, and where the smell of good cooked meat still lingers in the air. “I have no good news I'm afraid but no opening into this mountain have I found. I saw some shimmering in the air and did what I could to check it out but to no avail. I here that Cynil has not yet returned so I was going to go over to where Halia is watching and see what I can do.” With that he takes a quick leave from the group and returns to where Halia is keeping watch.
“It is getting darker,” Kenji says before the Halfling leaves, “if we are going to search for her then it best be soon.” He watches as Ulthok goes to talk once more to Haila; watch them talk he shakes his head slightly, breaking up was always a bad thing. Now the search for the way into the mountain might become a search for Cynil and with night fast approaching that would become difficult at best.

As the day passes Rayne keeps watch for her animal companions. Ulthok returns but there is still no sign of Cynil. hails moves out to the edge of the camp site and keeps watch silently she scours the mountainside. Rayne walks over closer to her. "I am concerned that Cynil has not returned. I am going to recall Storm and Shadow and Arwen and have them search for her.". Silently mentally Rayne calls her companions in .
The Samurai is silent and sits down on a fallen tree in the camp and taking his sharpening kit out of his pack begins to check the edge of his Katana. He watches as the Animals return at Rayne and Ulthoks silent calls. These mainland people have such strange ways and he still found many of them difficult to understand. Communicating with animals by some magical means, using them as scouts, and other things; no wonder this land seemed so chaotic and disorganized compared to his homeland. They had wars back in his homeland but things were done using people and fighting using their skills with the sword or bow, not by bending animals to their wills and sending them off to do things that were better left to people.

Cor was a bit worried that it was getting on to night and one still had not returned. The arrival of Ulthok and his lack of any good news did not make the dwarf any happier. "Perhaps tomorrow we would be best served to simply pick a path up the mountain and search on foot. The area that you saw shimmer could be a clue and warrent a closer inspection. A spell such as true seeing would be most helpful I believe. For now though we must wait on our last companion, I hope she isn't doing anything silly out there by herself."
“I agree,” Kenji added to Cor’s statement, “on foot and together would be a better way to search.” He had to add the last reveling a bit of frustration at having to just sit and wait while one of their group could be out there in trouble. He sat sharpening his sword not knowing what Ulthok, Rayne and Haila were discussing; if he had he would have surely shown his displeasure at another suggestion to divide the group further. For all they knew someone could be up there waiting for them; they had gotten Cynil already and were simply waiting for more ‘scouts’ to come and pick them off a couple at a time.



Posted on 2008-04-16 at 14:48:08.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


How would we search?

Cor heard the others speak of searching for their missing compatriot. He looked at the rising moon and shook his head. "How would we search for here tonight? It will soon be dark and there are some of you who do not see very well once the sun is gone and light fades away. The risk of injury is high for one such as that climbing around on a mountain. Where would we look? None of us know where she went to search and that is one large pile of rocks. Chances of us staking the same path as her are slim. I say we wait and see if she returns; if not we begin the search at first light. I will pray for an augury spell to aid us in our task of finding either her or the entrance; whichever is needed. Likewise I will ask Odin for true sight that I might find a magically hidden entrance if we are lucky. Guards will be needed this night both for safety and to watch for her return. I suggest no fire for though it would be a beacon to her it would likewise be for others we might not want finding us."


Posted on 2008-04-16 at 17:43:53.

Eol Fefalas
Turning Capashanese
RDI Staff
Karma: 448/28
7348 Posts


There's the sane way... and then ya got Divot

Th’ bloke’s an odd-looker, Divot mused as he chewed another mouthful of a fine repast that Kenji had, once again, prepared for the troupe, but sure ‘e’s got a knack fer th’ cookery, don’t ‘e?
He wiped his mouth on the back of his sleeve before indulging in another bite of the meal and set his eyes to roaming about the campsite, abandoning his study of the mountain in the distance where Ulthy and Cynil currently scouted, to gauge the mood of the others and, also, to distract himself for the worry he had for his younger brother. Despite the fact that everyone seemed appreciative of Kenji’s skills over the cookfire, the impression that Divot got was one of overall dread and dejection… No’ th’ bloody best sort o’ mind ta find y’self in, I don’ reckon, he thought, ‘specially wit’ us bein’ so close ta what we’s after if what Althena says be true. ‘Course, the halfling’s internal monologue continued following an appreciative belch and a swallow of meade, I ain’t been much the chit-chatty sort, meself, since Main… The tunnelrat shrugged, as if bored or, perhaps, unconcerned where his own thoughts might be leading, and poked another morsel of food into his mouth as his gaze flicked back towards Drow Mountain and sought out any sign of his brother.

“Divot,” Kenji called his name…

“Aye?” he replied around the mouthful of food, turning to meet the gaze of the exotic looking Kenji, “Wha’ c’n I do fer ye, lad?”

“Is it customary for your brother to go off alone for such a long time when scouting,” the samurai asked.

Divot looked perplexed for a moment and actually scratched his head as he contemplated the query. “Coul’nae rightly say, Kenji-lad,” he answered after a moment, “up ‘til jus’ weeks ago I’d no’ seen me wee sprout o’ a brother fer years. Hells, the last I seen ‘im ‘afore this lot comed ta rescue me from Star Falls, the li’l bugger weren’t even a wizard, yet, nor did I have th’ foggiest tha’ he’d be entertainin’ such a callin’… ‘Course, I reckon, wha’ wit’ as li’l as the lad be, it’d be thievin’ or magikin’ one tha’d be what it took if’n he din’t wanna stay home t’farm, aye?”

The scrappy Halfling allowed himself another mouthful as his eyes flicked from face to face around the campsite… Kenji’s question was a good one, he figured, and if anyone knew the true answer to it, it’d likely be one of those who had travelled with Ulthy for a longer time than he himself had. “Bein’ as he’s a Rydenham, though, lad,” Divot continued, swallowing the latest mouthful, “I don’ reckon it’d be outta sorts fer ‘im ta be pokin’ aboot in ever’ nook an’ hideyhole he might find… I figger the lad’s a’right… Worried is ya?”

((OOC: Back and forth as you wish Ye Olde… or anyone else who wants to jump in))

It wasn’t long after the conversation with Kenji that Ulthok did, in fact, return from his scouting trip (bringing a smile to Divot’s face and no small sense of relief to the halfling’s heart), and Divot, having recently forced himself to stop eating, offered an enthusiastic wave to his brother as he pattered closer to hear Ulthok’s report of whatever he might have discovered.

“I have no good news I'm afraid,” the mana-wielding Rydenham brother said, “and no opening into this mountain have I found. I saw some shimmering in the air and did what I could to check it out but to no avail. I hear that Cynil has not yet returned, so I was going to go over to where Halia is watching and see what I can do.”

“A shimmerin’ ya says,” Divot arched a brow as he asked the question, “Dinnae sound like no ‘secret door’ wha’ I’ve ever heared of, I says…” Per’aps Althena din’t get proper learnin’ inna differences b’twix secret doors an’ those what be magical in nature? his eyes turned, once again, to the mountain and his hand drifted up to rest upon the haft of his axe where the weapon hung from it’s slings. Don’ matter, I reckon… either which way, it don’ sound’s if were as close as what we thought…
Like the rest, Divot, too, wondered as to Cynil’s whereabouts. He didn’t know the lass well, of course, but over the weeks had come to know that she was capable and had plenty of skills at her disposal. Those skills, though, would probably be of little use if she happened to get set upon by some gibberin’ goonies all on her own. Hells, Conall’s fighting skills were top-notch as far as Divot’s estimation went, and look what happened to that poor lad’s leg not long ago…

“It is getting darker,” Kenji said, snatching Divot’s attention back to the group and away from the mountain, “if we are going to search for her then it best be soon.”

The tunnelrat nodded his agreement enthusiastically and practically beamed at the thought of trudging out in search of the missing lass. He couldn’t help but roll his eyes when Cor interjected with his thoughts though.

"Perhaps tomorrow we would be best served to simply pick a path up the mountain and search on foot,” the cleric of Odin suggested, “The area that you saw shimmer could be a clue and warrant a closer inspection. A spell such as true seeing would be most helpful I believe. For now though we must wait on our last companion, I hope she isn't doing anything silly out there by herself."

Now Divot liked Cor quite a bit, in fact the dwarf reminded him a lot of more than one of the dwarves who had been responsible for making him the tunnelrat he was today, but sometimes the cleric’s ‘over-cautious’ nature drove him stark mad (and, of course, any talk of spells went well over Divot’s head and he was quick to dismiss ideas such as those in deference to immediate action, anyway). “Bah! Goat-nuts,” Divot chuffed, “We leave tha’ lass out onna mountain all night by ‘er lonesome an’ if we gets so lucky ta find ‘er t’morra, I reckon it’ll be dead!” He unslung his axe and gestured purposefully towards the looming mountain; “I says we goes up there, right now, find us our Cynil an’ poke a bloody hole in th’ place… doors be damned! Tha’s a blinkin’ mountain, ain’t it? An’ mountains gots all sorts o’ cracks an’ crevices as what c’n be made inta doors wit’ not much more’n stuffin’ a tunnelrat in ‘em!”

((OOC: Okay… far enough for now, I guess. Divot’s not keen on “waiting til morning,” of course, and, I kind of figure it might take some powerful convincing to keep him from slipping off on his own if the rest decide to wait for the dawn… He's been quiet for long enough and now that he's "back in his whacky halfling head" he's itchin fer a tussle. ))



Posted on 2008-04-16 at 19:40:29.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


... all will be better in the morning

Conall is aware of Uthlok’s return and gives a listen to what he has to say. The conversation ran through the group of concerned friends. Conall stood still, listening all the time but never moving his eyes from the mountain. It was then Conall snapped his head toward Cor upon hearing the words ‘no fire’, this did not sit well with Conall but knew the reason why was a very valid one. But it was Divot’s final words on the mater that made Conall smile. “Best idea yet, but a fool hearted one. Dark will come soon and I say that climb will be hard enough with the full sun let alone a sliver of a moon to guild our foot falls.” Conall walked over to his things and rolled up his bed roll and a torch. He then moved to the fire and lit it. “Guards for the night, Cor set them as you see fit. The rest of you get your rest.” With only his armor, weapons, and lit torch Conall motioned toward the Mountain, “I will move a bit closer, only about a half hour walk. There I will build a nice camp fire, or beacon for all to see,” he looked toward Cor, “for all to see. If the Lady Cynil is capable of making her way back it will help guild her. If she is not and we have to go looking for her in the morning then Odin help that which has done her harm.” Conall then paused for a moment and then as if speaking to some one but no one, “But I do not feel she has come to any harm, as a mater of fact I think she avoids harming herself and others.” Conall shook it off and turned toward the rest of the party, “Keep a sharpen blade, a happy heart, and a watchful eye. All will be better in the morning.”


Posted on 2008-04-16 at 23:27:53.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Determination...

(Backpost to Divot)
The scrappy Halfling allowed himself another mouthful as his eyes flicked from face to face around the campsite… Kenji’s question was a good one, he figured, and if anyone knew the true answer to it, it’d likely be one of those who had travelled with Ulthy for a longer time than he himself had. “Bein’ as he’s a Rydenham, though, lad,” Divot continued, swallowing the latest mouthful, “I don’ reckon it’d be outta sorts fer ‘im ta be pokin’ aboot in ever’ nook an’ hideyhole he might find… I figger the lad’s a’right… Worried is ya?”
Kenji nodded to the Halfling as he watched the mountain; though his countenance was firm showing no sign of worry, his gaze towards the rocks above showed that he was concerned.

“These be my comrades now,” He spoke slowly, his voice filled with determination, “I will abandon none of them.”


(Present)

Kenji watched as the others spoke of plans: Cor talked of waiting till tomorrow to attempt to look for Cynil, Divot talking of going up there now, Conall taking action and gathering his bedroll and a torch and saying that he would go and set up a separate camp with a fire to hopefully act as a beacon for Cynil to find him.

He saw some wisdom in all their voiced opinions: the rocks would be dangerous to them in the dark, and they couldn’t leave her up there alone all night, and while he hated the idea of splitting up the group further, he didn’t think anyone should be alone.

Standing, the Samurai sheathed his katana in a fluid motion, bent down and swung his own pack on his back and turned to the group.

“I will accompany Conall,” he said in a tone that said his mind was made up, “No one should alone and we must do something to guide her back.”

He walked over to stand next to Conall; crossing his arms across his chest he stood defiantly as if daring any to gainsay him his place in going along.


Posted on 2008-04-16 at 23:56:38.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Confusion in mass...

Haila listened to the words of her companions and sighed as everyone seemed to have their own idea. Kenji and Conall would make a camp with fire between their original camp and the base of the mountain. Shaking her head she spoke "I will not get rest this night, knowing our comrade is missing. The rest of you can do as you wish, but I will not stand by and wait for morning to have a chance to find our friend dead. Divot has the right idea. Sure it is getting dark, but darkness is nothing compared to death. I have my magic to guide me. I can use Spider Climb to navigate the edge of the mountain with ease." she was young and stubborn.

Nobody would convince her anything else. She would use spells to sneak past if they would not allow her to follow her own choice. It would break her heart if she had to live with knowing that darkness was the reason they didn't save their comrade who may be in desperate need of their assistance. Haila listened to the words being spoken yet readied herself for the trip she would take as soon as she had her things packed. Double checking she had what she needed, she pulled her pack upon her back and using her quarterstaff as a walking stick began walking towards the base of the mountain.

Each member of the group would do their own thing, it seemed as if Kenji and Conall would be a group themselves. Divot would surely join her trek up the mountain slopes in search of their lost companion. Cor seemed to decide guards were necessary which elected himself as first guardsman. She knew not the idea that the rest bore, but she was certainly embarking on the rescue mission. "I'll be back when I find her." was all she said as she began heading towards the mountain path she had last seen their lost companion. Slowly and surely she would step along the path. The moment it became too hard to climb as is she would use spider climb and simply climb straight up glancing around her surroundings. If worse came to worse she would use fireball as a source of light.


Posted on 2008-04-17 at 00:57:27.

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 174/117
6324 Posts


Not much found or gained

With night slowly approaching not even the taste of the well cooked deer meat could hide the anxieties of the group for the return of Ulthok and Cynil.Choices were put forth, plans proposed but with the return of the Halfling, and his report of no luck in finding a way in, the concern was now only for Cynil.

As the minutes turned to an hour the party began to splinter into various ideas and actions.

Haila determined not to be stopped headed for the mountain alone, hoping that she would be joined by Divot in her search. Her plan to climb as far on foot as possible then when that became impossible her intent was to use the spell of Spider Climb. However, due her worry over Cynil or possibly her mind locked into finding a way up the mountain, she realized not that the spell she wished to use was not one memorized for that day.

Conall and Kenji both on the move followed the Fighter/Mage for a short way then stopped to build a fire and took up postions on eithier side of it. The plan for them to draw Cynil to them and any danger nearby hopefully being a beacon in the upcoming night. Mayhap a heart in fear for one drawing close to it, the reason behind the risk…

Cor spoke of caution but was ignored, Ulthok sent his owl to search once more and Rayne worried for her animals, Cynil, and the trek underground ahead. Althena remained silent not knowing what to add but staying with the three remaining at the main camp. All worried together but now separated into three individual groups.

While on the mountain, another drama was taking place as Cynil faced a female lion, highly agitated, yet which had not attacked. The Druid knowing something had to be behind the mountain lion’s strange behavior called upon the power of her staff and begain to speak the ability of Speak with Animals now in effect.

**"Be at peace. I have not come to threaten or harm. I look for a passage into the mountain."** She spoke to the big cat in a soothing voice

**”You come to close to my den you threaten my young. There is no way here into rock, go away or I will defend”**

With this reply, Cynil knew her suspicions were correct and here was a mother just protecting her young and not an entrance guardian. With a slow look to the sky she noticed for the first time that night was just about upon her and with the light soon to be gone so too would the chances of finding a way in for this day. Her choice clear in her mind all it would take would be a command from her mind....

(OOC: Ok good posting, but once again you face the delima that you are all separated. Keep your fingers crossed that the dice roll your way as far as my encounter tables are concerned.
Next post next Wednesday.)


Posted on 2008-04-17 at 03:35:20.

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2204 Posts


short sighted

Cor shook his head as the others did as they chose. 'Did they learn nothing from what befell Connel and I the last time a bunch of fools took off on their own? Splitting up at night is foolhearty. Now instead of one lost sheep we have three.' his thoughts were his own but the worry showed on his face.

"Well we are too splintered now so those of us not rushing off might as well join the two at the fire. Better to be five at a fire than two, especially if it draws attention." Cor picked up his things and waited for the others before heading towards the now visible fire.

Once he arrived at the fire Cor greeted his companions, "Seems everyone has gone and lost their mind this eve, might be the evil mountain at work. Seems some feel that everyone being lost is better than one person beng lost. Figured we might as well come join you two and have some small measure of the group together." Cor spread out his bedroll and began to pray, asking Odin's blessing on the wayward memebers of the party and for the words to cast spells in the morning.


Posted on 2008-04-17 at 14:24:26.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Basecamp...

Kenji accompanied Conall to set up a base camp closer to the mountain he helped to set up a large fire that could be seen easily. He kept his senses alert and his swords ready incase they drew unwanted attention.

Once he arrived at the fire Cor greeted his companions, "Seems everyone has gone and lost their mind this eve, might be the evil mountain at work. Seems some feel that everyone being lost is better than one person beng lost. Figured we might as well come join you two and have some small measure of the group together."
The Samurai smiled slightly at the Dwarf warrior who he knew was not afraid of what might find them here, but probably just worried about their mission companion.

“Sometimes it is better to know trouble is coming,” Kenji says softly, “then to be taken unaware.”

He said no more but watched as Cor set up his bedroll and then started praying to his god, Odin Kenji thought he had mentioned. Kenji had little use for these gods. In his land, warriors didn’t pray to gods for help, they handled what destiny threw at them or they died trying. Death was not something Kenji feared, actually he feared nothing. He might have shown his discomfort with the strange magic these people used to change themselves into creatures, but it was not fear but more of apprehension about their intentions. He was learning to except these peoples strange ways as long as they didn’t show tendencies for evil; it those things changed then he would not fear them, but embrace them as only another challenge that life had presented to him.

He remained on watch, ever alert for trouble or sign of their companions who were out there searching for their missing friend.



Posted on 2008-04-20 at 19:45:05.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.