The Red Dragon Inn - home of the Audalis campaign setting.  Online D&D gaming, art, poerty, stories, advice, chat, and more

Support the Inn! If you are doing holiday shopping online, please use this affiliate link for Amazon.
You pay the exact same prices, but the Inn earns a small referral fee. Thanks!

We currently have 4003 registered users. Our newest member is tomejohn.
Online members: t_catt11, Eol Fefalas, breebles
Username Password Remember me
Not a member? Join today! | Forgot your password?
Latest Updated Forum Topics  [more...]
Q&A Threads - Hidden Corruption Q&A (posted by breebles)Hidden Corruption Q&A
Q&A Threads - Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun Q&A (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, Khatun Q&A
Dungeons and Dragons - The Corruption Hidden Beneath the Surface... (posted by t_catt11)Hidden Corruption
Fantasy RPGs - The Adventures of Kith, the Cat, and the Khatun (posted by breebles)Kith, Cat, and Khatun
Q&A Threads - Flesh & Blood - A CyberPunk Game (posted by Bromern Sal)Flesh & Blood Q&A
Latest Blog Entries
Revenge of the Drunken Dice
Latest Webcomics
Loaded Dice #80: Priorities
RPG MB #15: Master of the Blade
Floyd Hobart #19: High School Reunion IV
There are currently 0 users logged into DragonChat.
Is the site menu broken for you? Click here for the fix!

You are here: Home --> Forum Home --> Rules-based RPGs --> Dungeons and Dragons --> The Trilogy War
Parent thread: Trilogy War Q/A
Related thread:
Related thread: Trilogy recruiting once more
Related thread: The Dozing Dragon Inn - A Trilogy Companion Thread
Related thread: 14 years of Trilogy
GM for this game: TannTalas
Players for this game: SilentOne, Keeper of Dragons, Nomad D2, Nimu, Odyson, dragon-soul92
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]
    Messages in The Trilogy War
RDI T-shirts!

Proof of Daddy's Charisma Onesie
Price: $15.50



RDI T-shirts!

Lawful Evil Mens
Price: $14.00

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


a moment with Kenji

"Tis true lad that sometimes it is best to see the nasties approach than to be surprised. Sometimes though it is better to remain hidden from the nasties all together. Remember there are old adventureres and bold adventurers; but precious few old, bold adventurers. Why my own ancestor Mottle, once camped right on the very door step of a green dragon. His party came upon the lair late at night and figured it was better to rest up before facing the beastie. So, being rather sure of themselves, they set camp right outside so they wouldn't have to walk far in the morning. Well they got a right welcome wake up call when that dragon came out gave them a nice 'how do you do' of dragon fire. Lucky indeed they were to survive that encounter. 'Take risks when you must but take calculated ones and avoid those you don't have to take' he always told me. Not that I always follow his advice mind ye; but I at least try to follow it sometimes."



Posted on 2008-04-21 at 12:48:22.

Dragonmist
Resident
Karma: 12/1
289 Posts


We Must stay as One.

OOC:This is probally a back post at this time for Ulthok is trying to keep the group together, read on.

Having gone back over to where Rayne was keeping watch for Cynil Ulthok Plopped down and after bringing in his owl to go up and search for Cynil decides he is hungry after all and once again heads back to the main group to seek out some dinner.

Upon arriving he finds them all in conversation about what to do about Cynil, Conall wants to set up a signal fire for her to see, Cor says lets wait for better light and then look for her, while Divot and Halia both want to go marching off in the dark to start climbing a mountain that will be difficult at best in the daylight. What has gotten into these people he wonders maybe there is some kind of evil influence coming off the blasted mountain trying to get them to fragment themselves into smaller and therefor much easier to defeat groups. Well Ulthok must speak his mind and put and end to all this crazy business.

OOC: This is kind of a back post since Conall has already started the fire but once I am done hopefully that is where we will all be we shall see.

BIC: As Halia and Divot prepare to set off and Conall gets his stuff together to move up and start his fire Ulthok finds the closest thing he can stand on and in his squeaky voice calls out to the group.
EXCUSE ME FRIENDS MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!.
Look all I know we are all concerned about our friend still up on the mountain, however it seems we are overlooking a couple of important things. First for some reason we all seem to be at odds with each other and I think that there might be some kind of influence here trying to split us up into smaller groups, divide and conquer, we already saw what happened when we got split up back at the fire in the woods. Second it seems we have forgot that our friend Cynil is a Druid one who until she joined us probably spent most of her time ALONE in the wilderness, that is what Druids do. She is I think capable of handling herself.If we want to build a fire for her that's great but what we should not do is send 2 of us up the mountain to search have 2 of us sitting around a large fire like a bullseye, and the rest of us sitting out in the dark watching each other. Lets pull ourselves together here friends and do what we know is right do what is best for the group best for our mission and I believe ultimately will be best for our friend. So I suggest we all join Conall around his fire, set our watch as we normally would those that need to sleep should if they can , and if need be at first light decide what to do next. Anything else i think is suicide for the group.

Having had his say Ulthok hopes that their good sense will prevail and they will all come together at Conalls fire. He knows he can't force any of them to do anything for one thing he is not truly their leader he has no authority to make anyone do anything just his good common sense.


Posted on 2008-04-21 at 12:55:53.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil


“Be at peace mother, I have not come not harm you or yours.” Cynil moves back down from the ledge, to give the mother cat more room and to lessen her threat to the she-cat protecting her cubs.

She paused to gauge the sun and realized in her diligent quest to help her group find the opening to the mountain, that she had lost tract of time. Far to the west the sun lowered staining the top of the mountains in a deep coral light. Already the shadows of the mountains had cloaked the forest below in a spreading darkness.

Cynil knew she could not down get down the mountain before it was dark, so she contemplated on what shape would be best for her to take. All of a sudden a bat took flight where the druidess once stood. She burst into the air with elation. Bats, bats live in caves. Bats would be could not be fooled by illusions set to hide an entrance into a mountain, into the dark recesses where bats liked do live. Now was the time for bats to leave their caves and crannies, so Cynil circled the mountain look for a stream of bats that might be coming from a cave or in this case an entrance to a Drow city within the mountain.

If she spots such a migration she will investigate it, and locate it by the position of the mountains around it, and by the landscape about it.

When she either finds a bat exodus or not, she will finally wing her way down the mountain. There in the darkness she spies the light of a fire and moves towards it. She will check it out before returning to her normal shape.

If it is her companions she will swoop about them weaving about there heads and then land and change back to her own form.


Posted on 2008-04-21 at 16:53:10.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


addressing Cor's wise comments...

Cor speaks to Kenji "Tis true lad that sometimes it is best to see the nasties approach than to be surprised. Sometimes though it is better to remain hidden from the nasties all together. Remember there are old adventureres and bold adventurers; but precious few old, bold adventurers. Why my own ancestor Mottle, once camped right on the very door step of a green dragon. His party came upon the lair late at night and figured it was better to rest up before facing the beastie. So, being rather sure of themselves, they set camp right outside so they wouldn't have to walk far in the morning. Well they got a right welcome wake up call when that dragon came out gave them a nice 'how do you do' of dragon fire. Lucky indeed they were to survive that encounter. 'Take risks when you must but take calculated ones and avoid those you don't have to take' he always told me. Not that I always follow his advice mind ye; but I at least try to follow it sometimes."
Kenji listened to all Cor had to say, if nothing they could tell he listened to people and then composed his thoughts before speaking. It was considered unwise to speak before knowing your own mind and thoughts.

“I understand your meaning sir,” Kenji says in a calm and even voice, “and caution is indeed a valuable asset. One must always weight the risk of every situation and then act accordingly. We don’t always have the luxury of seeing all angles and we must sometimes make decisions on only what we know or see. But in the end, we must decide and if it involves a risk then it must be taken and whether or not you survive is an outcome that we must wait to see. Death comes to us all, and in it’s proper time. When it is time, nothing we can do will change that outcome. We can only hope to go out in a fashion that will be honorable and noble.”

(OOC: Not knowing if Cynil has indeed found the ‘right’ camp I will not post to that at this time.)


Posted on 2008-04-22 at 13:09:13.
Edited on 2008-04-22 at 13:10:10 by YeOlde

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


Well said

Cor nedded in agreement to Kenji's words. "Yes death does come to us all in time. I do not fear death but I have no intention of making it easy for the Reaper either. True we do not always have the answers we seek before we must decide but I fear in this case emotions overcame logic." A passing bat caught Cor's attention and as he watched it transformed into their once missing comrade. Cor was glad to see her return safe but shook his head as he remembered the search parties. "Now we have searchers who cannot find what they seek and in seeking the lost have become the lost themselves."


Posted on 2008-04-22 at 14:14:10.

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Before Cynil's return

Rayne tuen to Ulthok as he spoke to the group. "you soeak wisely,. She is not a girl but a druid of some experience and all druids have many tricks up their sleeves and abilities that make her so much more that what she appears to be."

I will join Cor and whoever stays here at the base camp COr sets up. "I will send Arwen out again when he is rested. The night is his element, though I will warn him not to eat until he gets back since I don't want him praying on Cynil if she were to take the form of his normal prey. Storm and Shadow hopefully will check in with me soon."

Going to the fire that Cor and Kenji sat at she laid out her bedroll and sat on it up wind of the fire. She lets the ferrets go off hunting as well. They will keep the area of the camp clear of vermin, finding rates mice and other things like that very tasty--well to them it was and even when they brought her the results of their hunting she praised them and told than to eat their fill.

The fire cracked as it often did when the wood was not seasoned and dried sufficiently. little sparks of wood popped into the air from the exploding sap still in the living layer of the wood below the bark. even wood from down tress held that sap for some time. She l;ay her sword across her lap with her bow close to hand. She had spent most of adult life in the woods and forests. such a simple camp was very familiar and confortable to her but she always kept her weapons close to hand


"Kenji we have asked you about you lands and people Have you any question you would like to ask me or Cor here. It is only fair that we share knowledge about us for what you have shared to us." Rayne offered

"Are their elves where you come from" she asked and they paused and laughed at herself. "There I go asking you again. Please forgive me. I will listen and answer as best I can."

No she had not forgotten about Cynil nor her companions but she waited patiently keeping the homefires burning, for the time being.

Just then a bat flashed through the camp and then back again a common enough occurrence that it did bear worrying about. Insects were attracted to the fire and the bats to the insects. That remained true until the bat transformed itself/herself into their missing Druid.

"Cynil it is good you are back. Unfortunately others are all our looking for you."

"I will ask Arwen to see if he can find them." Rayne cleared her thoughts call Arwen in and then uses her link to call Arwen in. Then using the ring of Animals Communication sha asks him to find them if he can and lead them pack here if he can. She also tries calling in her wolves to see if they will help in this new hunt.



Posted on 2008-04-23 at 04:03:18.
Edited on 2008-04-23 at 04:19:26 by Brianna

TannTalas
Trilogy Master
RDI Staff
Karma: 176/117
6404 Posts


A dark knight (A Batman plug)

With the coming of night, the party once again not for the first time separated into three groups.
The first, Cynil the Druid still searching the mountain and presumed by some to be missing.
The second, Haila and Divot together headed for a mountain neither had the equipment to climb.
The third and final group consisting of Althena, Conall, Cor, Kenji, Rayne and Ulthok gathered around a small signal fire, but a signal to whom was yet to be seen.

Though Ulthok had voiced to all the need for caution, that Cynil was a very accomplished Druid, and based on past incidents they should all stay together. He was rewarded by watching as his brother still followed a headstrong Haila into the darkened woods around them. However, a short time later the Halfling Thief/Mage was proven correct as Cynil having removed herself from a potentially dangerous confrontation returned quite playfully to the rest of the group.

“Be at peace mother, I have not come not harm you or yours.”

Cynil’s last words to the she lion the Druid saw had, had their desired effect as the mother moved back to stand over her cubs, watching the Druid from the mouth of a small niche in the mountains side.
As she slowly withdrew Cynil was soon far enough from the lion and her family to once again change forms. Having realized that during her ‘talk’, that night had fallen, she decided on the form of a bat due to its superior night vision. With her form thus changed, she began to make her way back to the others, a last flight around the mountain, once again to her dismay revealing nothing.

Flying low she made good time back towards where she had left the others only to be distracted by a flicking light. Turning towards it, she was happy to see her fellow party members gathered around a small fire. A mischievous smile on the mouth of the bat giving her a slightly evil look she flew into the clearing fast. Deciding to have a little fun she made passes through the small area causing many to duck with most of her passes focusing on the paladin Conall. Though he tried to stand strong, even he was forced to duck as the bat that was Cynil passed close. Seeing the party start to become a little irritated she decided on a last pass, her bat claws grazing Conalls head lightly, enough was enough and landed beside the Paladin at once taking her own form once again.

With the mischievous smile yet on her face, her eyes full of warmth for the man beside her and for her friends. With her return, the party was still short two members, the night uneasily dark in the cleft of Drow Mountain. Rayne knowing to leave the small campfire was stupid did the next best thing calling to her animal friends and sending them once again to search this time not for a door, but for two missing friends.

The two in question within a few minutes found themselves moving through the thick forest, the night dark, no stars or moon giving them light. Though Divot had his infravision, Haila did not, and within a few yards found themselves quite lost, strange nosies from around them sounding quite loud. A sound as if a growl from the left, then the sounds as if footfalls from behind and ahead, were there then gone then back again once more. The night dark, the sounds of it numerous, the two lost.

(OK next post next Wednesday as normal, be here or be square )


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 03:50:09.
Edited on 2008-04-24 at 03:54:43 by TannTalas

Keeper of Dragons
Devil's Advocate
Karma: 51/18
2230 Posts


A dark night

Cor turned away from the fire and let his eyes drift in the range of infravision. Even with this enhanced sight the night remained pitch black. He was worried about the two missing mebers of the group. Neither was what he would consider self sufficient. He knew one could see as he did but the other was utterly blind on a night like this where who knows what roamed the mountain. "Fools, both of them." he muttered to himself.

"Well, unless anyone else wants to rush off into the dark and get lost I once more suggest we set a guard watch and get what rest we can. I fear sleep will be hard to come by in the coming days. First watch is mine and I will wake Kenji to relieve me. Deceide amoung yourselves the rest of the schedule. Might as well leave the fire burning; without it many of you cannot see and it may serve again as a beacon for our lost friends." Cor readied his bedroll and then took his post; axe in hand he waited for whatever the night would bring.

'Father Odin watch over those who are lost. Keep them safe and imbue them with wisdom that they might learn from their actions.' The elder knight-cleric hoped his silent prayer would be heard.


Posted on 2008-04-24 at 15:27:30.

YeOlde
Forever ♥
Karma: 86/11
1538 Posts


Camping...

Cor nodded in agreement to Kenji's words. "Yes death does come to us all in time. I do not fear death but I have no intention of making it easy for the Reaper either. True we do not always have the answers we seek before we must decide but I fear in this case emotions overcame logic."
Kenji frowned a bit at Cor’s last words and thought for a few seconds before responding slowly so as to get his meaning across clearly.

“Neither Fear or Emotions cloud my judgment… I wanted to come here with Conall so no one would be alone and to set up this fire so that the one who was lost could find us easily. I know that to climb about in the dark is not a wise decision; I only offered that we look for Cynil before it got dark.”

"Kenji we have asked you about you lands and people Have you any question you would like to ask me or Cor here. It is only fair that we share knowledge about us for what you have shared to us." Rayne offered

"Are their elves where you come from" she asked and they paused and laughed at herself. "There I go asking you again. Please forgive me. I will listen and answer as best I can."

The Samurai bowed his head slightly to Rayne offer of information about this land and her questions about elves, “Lady Rayne.. There are no elves among my people…”

Kenji trailed off as he followed Cor’s gaze as the dwarf turned to watch a bat come down into the camp and suddenly transform back into Cynil, the sight caused Kenji to catch his breath. He was still uncertain about all this shape shifting but watching it he had to admit he didn’t feel any evil from the actions. He knew that eventually he would come to grips with the issue as several in this group seemed to use if quite frequently.

"Now we have searchers who cannot find what they seek and in seeking the lost have become the lost themselves." Cor said shaking his head.

"Well, unless anyone else wants to rush off into the dark and get lost I once more suggest we set a guard watch and get what rest we can. I fear sleep will be hard to come by in the coming days. First watch is mine and I will wake Kenji to relieve me. Decide among yourselves the rest of the schedule. Might as well leave the fire burning; without it many of you cannot see and it may serve again as a beacon for our lost friends." Cor readied his bedroll and then took his post; axe in hand he waited for whatever the night would bring.

Kenji nodded accepting the second watch and turning to Cynil he bowed slightly, “Welcome back Cynil.. I am glad you made it back without incident.. There was much debate about whether or not you could return without aid… Divot and Haila went off in search of you in the dark.”

Kenji would wait to see what, if anything was going to be done about the missing party members. Like Cor, he hoped no more would decide to go off into the dark. If it were mentioned he would voice his concerns and tell them that surely the others could find their way back as Cynil had done.

Once things were settled, he would go to his bedroll and sitting upon it in seiza style, lay his katana across the bedroll in front of him and closing his eyes meditate for awhile. His meditation relaxed him and helped him regain his strength and was almost as good as sleep.

Once Cor came to get him for his watch, he would rise and stand watch being alert at all times as he walked the perimeter of the fire. Once he awakened the next watch he would lie down for some actual sleep till just before sunrise.


Posted on 2008-04-26 at 18:03:12.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


Magic in the Night

As the sun sank out of view, being chased by the moon, Hailas vision decreased. She was no elf, and so her vision failed her once the sun had set over the horizon and long ago disapeared. Divot and her had set out a couple hours before in search of their lost friend. The sun was casting shadows over the land when they had left camp and started their journey to find their friend. It was now dark and chilly since the sun abandoned its mission to warm the lands.

Haila shivered slightly and pulled her clothes against her skin stopping and turning to look at her companion. A faint smile on her lips and teeth chattering she spoke

"Divot, I am thinking perhaps that we should have brought some supplies. I did not think it would become this cold so near a mountain. Let us rest a moment, perhaps you could warm me up for a little so I can feel my limbs."
As she finished speaking she heard noises that came and disappeared but nothing too threatning. For the moment, she was more concerned with warming her blood so she could continue forth in their search for their lost friend. The sky was clear and she could see the stars and constellations floating billions of miles away. Had their been cloud coverage the night would have remained warmer, but the stars shone brightly down upon them, or at least they would have were the trees not blocking their path.

Slowly she stepped towards her halfling companion and she pressed her fit body against him in hopes that he would warm her body. Being human she felt the wind nipping at her partially exposed body. Haila listened carefully to the sounds around her feeling Divots well trained body pressing against hers. She would wrap her arms around him and cuddle up to him if he wrapped his arms around her to warm her.

Their entire journey her eyes would often find him, and yet she wondered if he had eyes for her. Her mind raced with questions that she dare not voice to her halfling friend. When her skin touched his, he would feel that her skin was like daggers it was so cold to the touch. The air she exhaled would have shown in the air around them had her body been able to warm the air before exhaling. It was then she realized that she wasn't 100%. Haila was sick, but not deathly ill. She hated being sick, because her entire life she had been alone, and yet all she wanted to do was be as close as she cold to Divot. No others would do.

Was she a fool for yearning to be with this halfing, or was she a fool for not telling him? The way he spoke, the way he voiced his opinions, the fact that he accompanied her when others would not. Just everything about him she found that she liked. The woman listened steadily to the sound of his beating heart, steady like a beating drum, yet hers she knew was wild and ever changing like the rivers.


Posted on 2008-04-29 at 03:15:41.
Edited on 2008-04-29 at 12:10:18 by cdnflirt

Eol Fefalas
Keeper of the Kazari
RDI Staff
Karma: 455/28
8015 Posts


O' we's searchin and snugglin an' tryin ta find some nuzzlin'... ;)

So the others didn’t feel the need to go out in search of Cynil…fine… instead, they were content to sit around yet another campfire and wait for fate to come to them instead of venturing out to meet it… fine, again… Ta each their own, I reckon, Divot shrugged inwardly as he snatched up his gear and padded out of camp behind Halia, Me? I’ve blinkin’ ‘ad enough o’ lolligaggin’ about fires an’ draggin’ me arse hither an’ yon fer naught but ta wait agin! They wants a way inta this mountain, by Yondalla’s dinky dugs, Divot’ll find ‘em one! I jus’ can’t satnd another night sittin’ an’ waitin’ an’ hopin’ shyte’ll jus’ fall outta th’ blinkin’ sky!
So it was that Divot –full of determination, self confidence, and just a wee bit more than a smidge of boredom – set out that evening for Drow Mountain with the fighter/mage Halia at his side… A’least there’s one more of ‘em what’s tired o’ all this tripe, he thought, grinning up at the woman as they slipped into the forest. At first, the chit-chat between the two had been minimal as Divot spent a great deal of time investigating anything that might appear to be of interest or even hint at concealing or pointing to a secret or even long forgotten entrance to the undermountain. Even as darkness fell, the scrappy little tunnelrat seemed undeterred by that waning light and, for a while, continued his searching and forward progress in earnest. As the night deepened, though, Divot noticed that Halia had started trailing behind and suddenly remembered that most tall-folk didn’t see as well in the dark as his kind did. With that in mind, he slowed his pace a bit, and stayed closer to Halia to help guide her through the pitch of the nightened forest.

“Divot,” the woman said, after a while (probably as the darkness got too much for her to navigate even with his help), her teeth chattering behind the faint smile she offered, “ I am thinking perhaps that we should have brought some supplies. I did not think it would become this cold so near a mountain. Let us rest a moment; perhaps you could warm me up for a little so I can feel my limbs.”

Wha’?!?! Divot, too, stopped in his tracks and blinked as he looked up into the woman’s face and couldn’t help but smile in return, Warm ye, lass? Oh, I s’pose I c’n manage tha’… He shook his head and tried ti chase the lusty thoughts from his mind. More than likely Halia wasn’t trying to come on to him… unless they were drunk or something, most tall-folk women didn’t find themselves attracted to men that might require a ladder just to get to the proper height for a kiss… the woman was shivering against the chill of the night air, too, and, if Divot was reading her right, she didn’t look as if she felt too well, either. “Uh…sure, Halia,” he said after blinking at her a few more times, “I don’t s’pose yer eyes’re doin’ ya much good in this murk, anyway, aye?”

At first, he thought, it might not be a bad idea to try and lead her back to the others. If she was sick, after all, there were others in the party that could tend to her better than he might. He realized again, though, that she was already having difficulties navigating the dark and, should they try to find their way back to Connal’s campsite, now, it could very well take forever to get there and may not do anything more than worsen whatever illness the woman had taken on. “I…er…” he fumbled as he shrugged out of his cloak, planning on offering the thing to her for whatever extra warmth it may provide, “…can…uh…”

Before he could gather his thoughts, though, and piece together a sentence to even start suggesting setting up a makeshift camp of their own, a shivering Halia pressed herself against him. “Umm… hehe…hooo,” Divot stammered softly as he allowed the fighter lass to snuggle into him and, perhaps a bit uncertainly, wrapped his arms (and recently doffed cloak) around her.

“Are ye not feelin’ well, Halia,” he managed to ask after a moment. “I mean…uh… if ya’d like, I reckon I could figger a place for us ta rest fer the night… mebbe even bring us up a bit o’ a fire ta stay warm by?”

((OOC: Okay, so there ya have it… Of all the things Divot never expected to come out of this little adventure, a fighter/mage lass showin’ interest in his scruffy li’l self was probably as close to the top of that list as it could get… Not that he’s complainin’ mind ya! Anyhoo… just to make sure my bases are covered… after setting out Divot scoured every inch of ground he possibly could looking for ‘clues,’ ‘hints,’ ‘suggestions,’ or whatever that might 1)indicate any means possible of accessing the mountain, 2)spell signs of trouble of any sort (wandering beasties, stalking evil doers, etc), and, of course, 3) indicate that Cynil was nearby or had passed this way, blahblahblah. Now, as far as snuggling with Halia goes, Divot’s more than happy to oblige but, given their location and her state of health, it might not hurt for him to try and find a defensible, out of the way spot to ‘camp’…perhaps build a small fire, etc…))



Posted on 2008-04-29 at 16:57:03.

cdnflirt
Angel Reincarnated
Karma: 86/22
1142 Posts


warming thoughts and actions.

Divot was indeed the gentleman that she had hoped. He had not only offered his cloak as warmth, but also offered his body warmth. The smile could not be held back for she was glad that he was opening up to her.

The sounds didn't bother her so much as her temperature which was slowly rising. Haila was neither drunk nor out of it, she felt fine besides being cold to the core. The woman had not been sick like this since she was a child, yet she didn't care. Divot was there for her. He had accompanied her so she wouldn't be alone, offered her his cloak, and was warming her with his body heat.

Haila cuddled as close as she could to him, and blushed when he was studdering with his words. Had he liked her this whole while and she had failed to notice it? The woman sat leaning her back against the tree trunk and cuddling up as close as she could get to his body. Her eyes sparkled in the darkness as she looked him in the eyes. Her heart racing not only to provide warmth but for fear of rejection or outrage for her next action. As calmly as she could she closed her eyes and after a couple timed breathes, moved her lips close to his planting a soft kiss on his lips. The lips had touched briefly and when she pulled away she was blushing deeply as she spoke slowly, carefully "Thank You Divot. You are a wonderful man." she rested her head on his shoulder snuggling up to him and enjoying their time alone together.


Posted on 2008-04-29 at 17:16:55.

Dragon Mistress
Not Brianna
Karma: 68/55
1764 Posts


Cynil

Cynil resisted the temptation of ruffling Conall's hair with her fingers. She just sit quietly beside him and accepts a bowl of food. She is hungry and quickly finishes itm as well as checking the pot to see if she dare take more.

"Now we have searchers who cannot find what they seek and in seeking the lost have become the lost themselves." Cor said shaking his head.

"Well, unless anyone else wants to rush off into the dark and get lost I once more suggest we set a guard watch and get what rest we can. I fear sleep will be hard to come by in the coming days. First watch is mine and I will wake Kenji to relieve me. Decide among yourselves the rest of the schedule. Might as well leave the fire burning; without it many of you cannot see and it may serve again as a beacon for our lost friends." Cor readied his bedroll and then took his post; axe in hand he waited for whatever the night would bring.

Kenji nodded accepting the second watch and turning to Cynil he bowed slightly, “Welcome back Cynil. I am glad you made it back without incident. There was much debate about whether or not you could return without aid… Divot and Haila went off in search of you in the dark.”

Kenji would wait to see what, if anything was going to be done about the missing party members. Like Cor, he hoped no more would decide to go off into the dark. If it were mentioned he would voice his concerns and tell them that surely the others could find their way back as Cynil had done.

"Thank you for the welcome Kenji," Cynil smile to the warrior.

Cynil looked to the others when she found out Divot and Haila had gone hunting for her. "When did they leave? I could turn into an owl and look for them. Owls are about the biggest winged hunters in the night so I should be safe from predators. Probably best to wait a bit to see if they come back, but once it passed the mid of the night I would think they would need to rest and build a fire to keep warm, temperatures in the mountains can fluctuate to an extreme amount."

"I would like to give my compliments to the chef and I know it was not Cor," she gives the Dwarf a wry look, "and could I have another bowl of it. Running up and around the mountain and then dealing with a very protective mountain lion mother of great size, has made me very hungry."


Posted on 2008-04-29 at 17:32:38.
Edited on 2008-04-29 at 17:47:44 by Dragon Mistress

Brianna
Not Dragon Mistress
Karma: 105/32
2282 Posts


Rayne

Rayne waited with the others gather around the fire in hopes that those who were still not present would return shortly. The sun had dropped below the horizon and the night was dark.. So heavy was the tree canopy that neither starlight nor moonlight filtered through unless one sought a clearing or area of less cover.

Rayne had done what she could by sending her wolves and owl out to hunt for Haila, and Divot.. Their eyes and ears and in the case of her wolves were especially suited for hunting. She sat back against the tree waiting for their return and was listening to Kenji reply to her offer of information. She was surprised by his words that there were not elves in his land. What sort of strange place di he came from. It is not that they were numerous as humans but they would be found in most places in forest and woods.

However Kenji paused and stopped to look at a bat that darted about their heads scoping up insects including one that must have been near Conall’s head as the diminutive creature actually ruffled Conall’s hair. Then it flew to the forest floor. Rayne thought that was odd and it was because it soon transformed into Cynil, their missing druidess. “It is good you are back.” Rayne said simply.

Cynil joined them as Ulthok told her of the others who had gone looking for her. Kenji then went off for to take care of something. Rayne was disappointed that he did not return to the fire as she had really been interested in sharing information with him but he did not return.

“Cynil I think it wise of you not to go out right away. We now must trust that Haila and Divot will be sensible and stay put for the night if they are not found by my companions. The less they travel the less we will have to hunt for them.”


Posted on 2008-04-30 at 16:40:16.

Kyle
Epic Level Bard
Karma: 31/3
557 Posts


Oh yes I am.

After Uthok had his say, Conall made ready his things and moved toward the mountain, as the others did their own thing. ‘An army leaderless is no army at all. A snake with no head can bite not, but if that snake were a scorpion it would still sting for a short time.’ Conall noticed the noble Kenji walking with him and gives a simple smile as if to say thank you.

Ulthok came to the place where Conall was setting up a circle of rocks and putting down the base of a fire, “If you can pull up a few of the large sticks for fuel when I get this started it will be a help.” Conall continued making his fire.

Shortly after it had started Kenji placed a good size bundle of wood next to him and found a place by the now good size warm fire. Cor joined the campfire next, he and Kenji spoke while Conall put a small cooking bowl on the fire to warm up some of the meal for any who might return and a pot of warm tea for who ever needs the warm and the aid in keeping awake. He also heard the words of Cor and Kenji, they once more made him think, ‘Death comes to us all. How will you face her?’

Then something caught Cor’s attention and slight movements from him made Conall watch Cor close out of the corner of his eye… ‘Only a bat’ Conall’s mind went back to the now three missing party members ‘If this scattered group is ever whole once again I will have words with them.’ The others seemed to be bothered by the lone bat probably the first of many things to visit the fire tonight. “Only after the moths I would suspect.” Conall ducked a close pass and looked annoyed toward the direction the bat flew off in, “They say one should stay still but who ever said that did not have a bat flying over head I think.”

With a slight gust of wind from all directions in toward the campfire and a green glow from the flames, at the first feel of the wind change Conall sat up slightly then as the fire began to have a green hue to it he stood and had sword in hand the only movement, sides his companions around the fire was the lone bat. In a shimmer of sight Cynil now stood beside Conall, “If I were not so happy to see your return I would have harsh words with you.” Conall placed his sword back and found his seat once more.

Cynil sat next to Conall and eat her evening meal, Conall sifted through his pack and found bread and offered it to her, “Here, sorry no butter.” He offered it with a smile but any knew he was still annoyed at the whole ordeal. Seeing Cynil had finished her first bowl and showed some interest in a second Conall took her empty bowl and moved to the pot and filled it once more, “It seem the Lady Cynil likes you cooking also Noble Kenji.” Conall handed the second bowl to Cynil and sat down again. Conall looks at Cynil, “No, you will not turn into an Owl this evening. We will find what rest we can and in the morning we will find the two who are lost. Rayne, if your animal friends return they need to get to know the smells of all of us. We may have need of their ears and eyes over the next few nights as we try to find a path into that mountain. That is after you track down our missing two, less travel less hunt… I hope they are smarter now that they are lost.” Conall then shifted down and made ready for the night, “Oh and Cynil it is good to have you by the fire side once more.” As Conall fell silent he waited to see if any others had words and then giving the evening prayer to Odin to watch over the two lost he would find what rest he could and wait the raising of the sun.


Posted on 2008-04-30 at 17:11:10.

   
Jump to: [First Page] [Prev] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [Next] [Last Page]


  Partners:       Dungeons and Dragons resources, from 2nd to 4th Edition gamegrene.com | for the gamer who's sick of the typical Dungeons and Dragons Adventures, #1 resource for D&D Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition  
View/Edit Your Profile | Staff List | Contact Us
Use of the RDINN forums or chatrooms constitutes agreement with our Terms of Service.
You must enable cookies and javascript to use all features of this site.